Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

+13
Alessandra_Deux
KZ
TigerMom
Estee
BREEZE4
khintx
Julie
Sherry
Piper
Maat
sitemama
Cali
Justice4all
17 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Empty Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Post by Justice4all Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Missing From: Morenci, MI
Missing Date: Eastern
Issued for: Michigan: Statewide
Contact: If you have information, please contact Morenci Police Department, 1-517-263-0524
Circumstances: UPDATE - New photos added. Photos added. The Morenci Police Department is investigating endangered missing children. The 3 white male children were last seen at 2:30 pm on 11/26/2010 and are believed to be in extreme danger. They may be traveling in a silver van.
Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Download-image
Missing Child
Name: Alexander William Skelton
Alias:
Hair Color: BrownEye Color: Brown
Skin Color: WhiteAge: 7
Height: 3'9Weight: 45
Description:
Missing Child
Name: Andrew Ryan Skelton
Alias:
Hair Color: BrownEye Color: Brown
Skin Color: WhiteAge: 9
Height: 4'1Weight: 57
Description:
Missing Child
Name: Tanner Lucas Skelton
Alias:
Hair Color: Blonde or StrawberryEye Color: Blue
Skin Color: WhiteAge: 5
Height: 3'6Weight: 40
Description:

Suspect
Name: Joann Taylor
Alias:
Hair Color: Eye Color:
Skin Color: Age:
Height: Weight:
Description:

Vehicle Information

Make: Model:
Color: SilverInterior Color:
License State: License Text:
Vehicle Description:
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Empty Re: Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Post by Justice4all Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Amber Alert issued for 3 boys missing in Lenawee County

BY GINA DAMRON AND ANDREA K. FARMER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS
November 27, 2010

Police continue to search for three boys who have been missing for two days in Lenawee County.

An Amber Alert has been issued for Andrew Ryan Skelton, 9, Alexander William Skelton, 7, and Tanner Lucas Skelton, 5, who were reportedly last seen Thursday in their father’s backyard at his home in Morenci, a small town in Lenawee County near the Ohio border.

Police said the father, John Skelton, 39, attempted suicide by trying to hang himself Friday.

Skelton told officers that he met a couple, Mark and Joann Taylor, a few years ago when he stopped to help them when they were having vehicle trouble. Police said Skelton told them that he kept in contact with the couple over the years via the Internet.

The children’s mother had recently filed for divorce and the boys had been visiting Skelton over the holiday, police said. They said Skelton told them he asked Joann Taylor to return the kids to their mother in Lenawee County.

But police said today that they have no information or location for a Joann Taylor. "We’ve exhausted our resources at this point," Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101127/NEWS06/101127005/1318/3-missing-Lenawee-County-boys-last-seen-with-dads-friend-cops-say-
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Empty Re: Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Post by Cali Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:49 am

Oh please! Not another tragedy. This doesn't look good. If those boys were to be returned to their mother after Thanksgiving weekend, I wonder which parent was to do the driving. This story the dad tells doesn't make any sense, and it sounds like he planned to take the coward's way out after disposing of his boys. I hope I am wrong about this and I hope these boys are safe. It is difficult to be optimistic now whenever a child turns up missing, far too often, far too many "endings".
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:04 am

Cali, I was thinking the same thing when I read this story. LE can't locate this woman, or find any record of her except the dad's story. Why would you entrust your children to someone you met on line. How far apart does the mom and dad live, does anyone know?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:22 am

and why the suicide attempt????? How sad... why didnt he commit suicide first and spare his poor children...

I pray they are safe... they are so sweet and innocent...

Last edited by awaiting justice on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 am

~Snipped~
The search continues for three missing brothers from Lenawee County.

Andrew Ryan Skelton, 9; Alexander William Skelton, 7; and Tanner Lucas Skelton, 5; have been missing since Friday morning.
The boys’ father, John Skelton, said he handed the boys over to a woman named Joann Taylor so he could attempt to hang himself, said Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks. She is said to drive a silver or white minivan.

1 Comments
Taylor was supposed to bring the boys to their mother but never did, Weeks said. Taylor is believed to be from the Hillsdale or Jackson areas. Though Weeks said he can’t confirm if the story is true.
The boys were dropped off at their father’s house on Wednesday, Weeks said.
Alexander and Andrew were last seen in their father’s backyard by a neighbor around 5 p.m. Thursday, Weeks said. John Skelton is believed to be the last one who saw them on Friday morning.
John Skelton was taken to the hospital by an acquaintance Friday afternoon after he attempted suicide, Weeks said.
The boys’ mother, Tanya Skelton, called police when she heard her husband was in the hospital and the boys had not arrived at her house at 3 p.m. Friday. Weeks said Tanya has had some form of “contact” with Taylor, although he would not elaborate on what that may be.
An Amber Alert was issued on Saturday morning, and the boys are considered to be “in extreme danger.”
Weeks said John Skelton met Taylor and her husband Mark Taylor several years ago when their vehicle broke down on the side of a road. They have maintained contact over the Internet since. Mark is said to be a pastor in the Hillsdale or Jackson area, Weeks said.
The Skeltons are married but separated, Weeks said. Tanya has custody of the boys. John Skelton is currently being cared for in a mental-health facility, Weeks said. Tanya Skelton has been working with police as they look for the boys.
Weeks said Morenci Police, the FBI’s The Southeast Michigan Crimes Against Children Task Force and the Michigan State Police have been helping with the search. They have searched the father’s house and interviewed family members, neighbors and acquaintances.
Searchers found a pair of children’s underwear Saturday in nearby Wakefield Park, but Weeks said tests have confirmed they did not belong to any of the boys.
A news conference held at the Morenci police station Saturday evening was filled with media from both Michigan and Ohio as well as local residents who have been helping look for the boys.
David Foster, 21, had been out with friends searching the surrounding woods since 11 a.m. Saturday. He has known the boys since they were babies.
“They are energetic, young kids,” Foster said. “They are not old enough to realize what’s going on, that’s the bad part.”
Andrew is 4 feet, 1 inch and weighs 45 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. Alexander is 3 foot, 9 inches, weighs 45 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. Tanner is 3 foot, 6 inches, weighs 40 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.
Police ask anyone with information on the whereabouts of the boys or Joann and Mark Taylor to call 9-1-1 or the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2010/11/amber_alert_three_lenawee_coun.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 am

Trying to put a positive spin on it. Hopefully, the children will be returned today. They did state AFTER the weekend. Today being Sunday, maybe they will turn up today.

I'm praying this is the case. And I would think the dad's computer would steer them directly to these people if his story is true.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 am

sitemama wrote:How far apart does the mom and dad live, does anyone know?
They only live about 0.2 miles (three blocks) apart. It is about a minute drive.

awaiting justice wrote:The boys’ mother, Tanya Skelton, called police when she heard her husband was in the hospital and the boys had not arrived at her house at 3 p.m. Friday. Weeks said Tanya has had some form of “contact” with Taylor, although he would not elaborate on what that may be.
I wonder if Tanya's contact with Taylor was in the past or since the boys were reported missing.

Maat wrote:And I would think the dad's computer would steer them directly to these people if his story is true.
I agree Maat. Through emails, IMs, MySpace, or Facebook, the dad's computer should easily lead them to Joann Taylor if the story is true.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 am

I hope these precious little boys turn up today. The father's story seems a little unbelievable to me. I hope this Joann Taylor exists and returns the boys safely.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:38 am

Police fear 3 Lenawee County children abducted, in 'extreme danger'

Micki Steele / The Detroit News
Last Updated: November 27. 2010 11:17PM

~Snipped~

Nichole DiCenso, a Morenci resident who knows the Skeltons, said this is at least the second time the boys' mother has had to search for them.

"(John Skelton) has taken them to Florida before, just after school started," DiCenso said. "She had to go down there and get them."

Read more: http://www.detnews.com/article/20101127/METRO/11270373/1409/metro/Police-fear-3-Lenawee-County-children-abducted--in--extreme-danger-
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 am

This doesn't sound good...........who was the person that found John Skelton and saved his life so quickly?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 am

You can dig and find out plenty about the parents, but nothing about Mark and Joann Taylor.

Here is a disturbing link about the mother.

http://www.life360.com/sex-offender-tanya-skelton-morenci-mi

Here is a disturbing poem that the father wrote on his Myspace page.

The Dumpster

May 31, 2007

Hello mama, I see your fuzzy face

I hear your heart beat

And feel your warm embrace

I feel you tremble

Don't be scared

(chorus)

What did I do mom

What did I say

To make you put me down and run away

Are you late for school, well that can wait

I'm your little boy so mom please stay

I'm cold and alone in this metal room

With plastic bags and a worn out broom

Nobody hears my call for you

Come back mommy 'cause I need you

(chorus)

It's my dying breath and I see a glow

It's an Angel from Heaven

And he's taking me home.

John Skelton

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyday a baby is abandoned. For every abandoned child, a loving couple who can't have a child are denied a chance to complete their family.

If you are pregnant and contemplating abortion, think adoption.

Choose adoption before abortion or abandonment. Give others their dream.

From one caring parent to You the world. Thank You.

http://www.myspace.com/bonesdoesit/blog/270670035
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Where are 3 missing Morenci brothers?
Suicidal Dad says he gave kids to woman who can't be found

By GINA DAMRON
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
Posted: Nov. 28, 2010

~Snipped~

But the Skelton boys -- Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5 -- are missing, and police have not been able to find a Joann Taylor. Skelton also posted a Facebook message Wednesday indicating that he hoped God and his wife would forgive him.

~Snipped~

MORENCI --They searched in the park, behind bike trails, in hallowed out trees and along the banks of the creek.

Residents of the town of about 2,200 came out Saturday to help police find three young brothers, the oldest two last seen Thursday evening in their father's backyard.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101128/NEWS06/11280583/1319/Where-are-3-missing-Morenci-brothers
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Piper wrote:This doesn't sound good...........who was the person that found John Skelton and saved his life so quickly?
I can't find anything. I'm not sure who found Skelton after his suicide attempt.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:48 pm

He may have planned ahead for this, and thus used the attempted "suicide" as a way to claim mental issues and prevent the police from fully questioning him.

I noticed the name he may have created for this woman "friend:
His name: JOhn
wife name: TAnya
"his friend" JOanne TAylor

The boys could have walked the three blocks to their mother's house. He could have walked them to their mother's house. Yet he finds a mysterious person to take them there? This does not look right, and the boys were not seen publicly since Thursday.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Cali, I think it's very possible he faked his suicide attempt. I pray the boys are okay, but it's not looking good.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Empty Tanner Skelton, Alexander William Skelton and Andrew Skelton - Missing from Michigan

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

3 Michigan boys missing after father drops them off to attempt suicide

By the CNN Wire Staff
November 28, 2010 12:31 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- Police and neighbors were searching for three young Michigan boys Saturday who have been missing since their father claimed he dropped them off with a woman before trying to kill himself a day earlier.

The father survived his suicide attempt and is being cared for in a mental health facility, said Morenci, Michigan, Police Chief Larry Weeks on Saturday.

But Michigan authorities do not know what has happened to his boys -- 5-year-old Tanner Skelton, 7-year-old Alexander William Skelton and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton -- prompting them to issue an Amber Alert on Friday.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/27/michigan.missing.children/index.html
~~~~~~~

Article & Video
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Searchers focus on Ohio State Park in search for three missing boys

Last Updated: November 28. 2010 2:07PM
Mike Wilkinson and Christine MacDonald / The Detroit News

Morenci, Mich. - Searchers are scouring an Ohio state park this afternoon for three young boys they fear are in "extreme danger," left by their father with a stranger just before he attempted suicide.

The Fulton County Sheriff's Department confirmed that volunteers are canvassing Harrison Lake State Park in northwest Ohio, about 10 miles south of Morenci.

Read more:
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101128/METRO/11280318/Searchers-focus-on-Ohio-State-Park-in-search-for-three-missing-boys#ixzz16bzlM6sL
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:47 pm

3 Michigan boys missing after father drops them off to attempt suicide

By the CNN Wire Staff
November 28, 2010

~Snipped~

Weeks said Tanya Skelton had "contact with someone alleging to be Joann," adding only that this communication was not necessarily by phone or in person.

Read more: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/27/michigan.missing.children/index.html

This leads me to believe that Tanya communicated with "Joann" online. John or anybody could have posed as Joann online.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi, Justice!

You did an awesome job of setting this thread up.

The pictures of the boys with description is really good. The clarity of the pics is great!

I hope these three little brothers have not been hurt. Very suspicious and strange circumstances.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Ann. Hopefully Joann really exists and hopefully the boys are safe.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm

AMBER ALERT: Three Missing Children From Lenawee
County Believed to be in Danger
Search Crews Looking For Boys

Updated: Sunday, 28 Nov 2010, 12:45 PM EST

~Snipped~

As for the investigation by police and FBI, they're not focusing on any one person as a suspect, but they continue to question the Father, who is hospitalized with some physical injuries and to have mental evaluation. Both the police and FBI want to know who Joann Taylor is and police say they are trying to locate this person while first checking to see if she exists.

According to the family spokesperson, the children's mother Tanya hasn't slept in two days , but has finally got some rest as family and friends try to steer her away from negative thoughts. Friends and Family also want to know whether this Joann Taylor exists.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/amber-alert:-three-children-from-lenawee-county-believed-to-be-in-danger

In the video, they said Tanya called police Friday morning and asked them to check on the boys when she learned John had tried to commit suicide and was in the hospital. Police went to the house and the boys were nowhere to be found.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Skelton boys remain missing, search to resume Monday morning

Daily Telegram - Adrian, MI
Posted Nov 28, 2010 @ 06:58 PM
Last update Nov 28, 2010 @ 07:19 PM

MORENCI, Mich. — The search continued Sunday without success for three Morenci boys who have been missing since Friday afternoon.

Volunteers and police searched the area around Morenci on Sunday until dark for Tanner Lucas Skelton, 5; Alexander William Skelton, 7; and Andrew Ryan Skelton, 9. Another search is planned to begin Monday morning, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said at a late afternoon press conference. Anyone interested in helping should meet at 8 a.m. at the Morenci fire station, 249 W. Main St.

A prayer vigil was held Sunday evening at the Morenci United Methodist Church.

Read more: http://www.lenconnect.com/topstories/x999951406/Skelton-boys-remain-missing-search-to-resume-Monday-morning
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Church filled in vigil for missing Morenci boys

Last Updated: November 28. 2010 7:52PM
Mike Wilkinson and Christine MacDonald / The Detroit News

Morenci, Mich. — An overflow crowd of more than 200 people from Ohio and Michigan came to Morenci United Methodist Church for a brief vigil for three missing boys tonight.

As they left, there were many hugs and evidence of even more tears as the community tried to come to grips with the disappearance of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

"It's just a terrible time," said Iola Burton, who attended the service with her husband, Wally. "It's just so sad that it takes an event like this to bring our community together."

Teams are regrouping for another wave of searching Monday in Lenawee County near the Ohio border for the boys police fear are in "extreme danger," left by their father with a stranger just before he attempted suicide.

A task force of law enforcement agencies that include the Morenci police, FBI, the Lenawee and Fulton County, Ohio, sheriff's departments and the Michigan State Police, is looking for the boys, ages 9, 7, and 5, who were reported missing Friday.

The crowd at the church Sunday evening spilled out of the available pews requiring additional chairs to be brought in. In a solemn service, those in attendance filed to the front of the church to light a vigil candle. In the background an unaccompanied piano played seasonal songs including "Peace on Earth" and "O Holy Night."

Read more:
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101128/METRO/11280318/Police-chief--‘We-are-not-leaving-any-stones-unturned’-in-search-for-missing-boys#ixzz16d2MRvZp
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 pm

There are additional details in this article about the mom and dad's relationship.
~~~~~~~~~~

More than 200 gather at vigil in Morenci for missing boys

By JENNIFER FEEHAN and TOM TROY
BLADE STAFF WRITERS
Toledo Blade - Toledo, Ohio
11-28-10

MORENCI, Mich — Community members held lighted candles and prayed silently during a vigil at a local church Sunday, while authorities continued to seek public help in locating three boys missing since Friday.

More than 200 people filled Morenci United Methodist Church, where the Zuvers, the family of Tanya Skelton, the mother of Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton, regularly worship.

“It was good for everyone to come together and pray, pray for the best,” said Carrie Joughin, a high school classmate of Ms. Skelton. She said grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins of the boys were in the church.

“I think people are trying to figure it out. I think there are a lot of gut instincts that don't look good,” Ms. Joughin said.

Read more: http://toledoblade.com/article/20101128/NEWS16/101129625/0/RSS03

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Police: Father of missing boys lied about relationship with woman

By the CNN Wire Staff
November 29, 2010 2:05 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- The father of thee missing Michigan boys has no "established relationship" with a mystery woman that he claimed he left his sons with before unsuccessfully trying to commit suicide, a police chief investigating the boys' disappearance said Monday.

John Skelton, the father, told police that he dropped the boys off Friday morning with a woman he identified as Joann Taylor, in part to ensure that they did not witness his suicide.

Authorities said Skelton's suicide attempt was not successful, and he is being held at a mental health facility.

"There is no established relationship between he and the person that he described to us as Joann Taylor," Chief of Morenci Police, Larry Weeks, told reporters.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/28/michigan.missing.children/index.html?hpt=Sbin
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 pm

From J4A's link:

Sex Offender Details
Tanya Lynn Skelton
617 Maple Dr
Morenci, MI, 49256
Female, White, 5'10, 200lbs lbs, Blond Or Strawberry, Brown eyes, DOB: 09/14/1966, 44

Charges: Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree (Multiple Variables)

That is disturbing information.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Cali wrote:He may have planned ahead for this, and thus used the attempted "suicide" as a way to claim mental issues and prevent the police from fully questioning him.

I noticed the name he may have created for this woman "friend:
His name: JOhn
wife name: TAnya
"his friend" JOanne TAylor

The boys could have walked the three blocks to their mother's house. He could have walked them to their mother's house. Yet he finds a mysterious person to take them there? This does not look right, and the boys were not seen publicly since Thursday.

Interesting thinking on the name, Cali! Sounds like his suicide attempt may have been faked, or he chickened out and couldn't do himself in.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:13 pm

John Skelton's story is slowly falling apart. There is no Joann Taylor per LE.

They are going to search an 18 mile stretch of road in Williams County, Ohio thinking John Skelton could have left the boys in that area.

I think the headline said John could have dumped then on the side of the road!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Profiler: Dad's Story of Missing Kids "Bogus"
Search Continues for 3 Michigan Brothers and "Mystery Woman" Not Seen Since Father Attempted Suicide

Watch CBS News Videos Online

~Snipped~

On "The Early Show" Monday, Pat Brown, a criminal profiler, said the father's story is the "biggest bunch of bull I ever heard."

"It's a bogus story," she said.

"Doesn't make a darn bit of sense. We're talking about a man who he just wants the children to go back to the mother, so he can commit suicide. Why doesn't he simply drive them over there and drop the children himself or have his mother do it? Why does he call some stranger, and oh, by the way, he can't even give the police the woman's address or phone number? They have no idea how he even contacted her. Yeah, he has no record on his cell phone. He has no record on his Internet. It's a bogus story."

Brown said the spelling of the mystery woman's name is "curious."

She said, "If I'm reading correctly, this is the spelling he gave to the police: he said Joann, without an e. His mother's name is Roxaan, which is fascinating, because a lot of times [if] you try to come up with a phony name you will pick something close to what you already know. So, it's hard to come up with something completely unknown to you say, let me think, I know a guy named Joe - or Joann like my mother's name. I think he made up the names.

"And that suicide attempt? Don't buy that, either. How do you fail to hang yourself? Almost everybody who tries can do it successfully. I think he's pretending to be in insane; that's just his defense starting to set up there."

So what does Brown think happened to the boys?

Brown said, "It's a horrifying thought but, you know, sometimes in these divorce situations if you have a person with a personality disorder, he thinks, you know, 'I'm not going to accept this divorce or let you have the kids.' She had full custody. 'She's not going to get them back. If I can't have them, she can't have them.'

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/29/earlyshow/main7099072.shtml
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Three Young Michigan Boys Missing, Cops Say Dad Lied About Relationship With Woman Who Allegedly Has Kids
Boys' Father Says He Gave His Sons to a Woman Named Joann Taylor, Cops Not So Sure

By EMILY FRIEDMAN and ABBIE BOUDREAU
Nov. 29, 2010

The father of three missing Michigan boys lied about having a relationship with a woman to whom he said he gave the brothers in an attempt to shield them from his botched suicide attempt, police said today.

"We can confirm that there is no established relationship between [John Skelton] and the person he described as Joann Taylor," Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said.

Skelton had told police that he handed sons Andrew Skelton, 9, Alexander Skelton, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, off to Taylor to return them to their mother on Thanksgiving evening. Skelton is separated from his wife, Tanya Skelton, who has full custody of the boys.

Skelton had said he met Taylor and her husband a few years ago when he helped them after their car broke down, and then began e-mailing her, police said.

But confirming that Taylor even exists has been a challenge for authorities since the boys disappeared.

"A reported relationship between Mr. Skelton and Joann Taylor doesn't exist," Weeks said, adding that Skelton had lied during questioning.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-michigan-brothers-search-focuses-mysterious-joann-taylor/story?id=12264133
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Mother Of Missing Boys On Sex Offender List

State records show the mother of three missing boys is on Michigan's sex-offender registry for a misdemeanor committed in 1998. Tanya Skelton pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. Records show it was a plea bargain after she was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old boy who had worked for her at rental properties. She was known then as Tanya Derby.

Family spokeswoman Kathye Herrera says it's not relevant to the status of the missing kids.

Read more: http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=13582923
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Working in mental health, I can promise you, a LOT of people attempt to hang themselves and fail. It is really surprising. Some come through with minimal damage, some have broken necks, or permanent throat damage, or even brain damage.

Not that it means HE made a real attempt. Just noting sometimes people fail at these attempts. And I am really concerned about what he really did with these boys, now. Obviously, a very unstable man. Why were the visits NOT supervised?
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm

I wonder if the dad killed his sons in order to give himself the "courage" to kill himself? Where I live we had a similar situation years ago where the father killed everyone in the house and failed at his own suicide.

I kept reading that this dad gave the boys to this woman to shield them from the suicide-now, I would think that the "woman" would contact police immediately if that were the case. That's what made the story hokey to me.

Nonetheless, I pray these boys are safe and are found soon.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Police Chief: Father lied about friend picking up boys; their whereabouts still unknown
Police now searching in Pioneer, Ohio

By: Tom Wait
November 29, 2010

~Snipped~

On Monday, search crews from the FBI, Michigan State Police and Morenci Police continued looking for Skelton's sons, five-year-old Tanner, seven year-old Alexander and nine year-old Andrew. Law enforcement along with dozens of volunteers searched the Lazy River Campground in Pioneer, Ohio just south of the Michigan state line.

That search was suspended and volunteers are now headed to search other areas.

Morenci's Police Chief also told reporters that now investigators want to know if anyone saw the boys in Skelton's 2000 Dodge Minivan in the early morning hours of Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, That van is now in the custody of police.

Skelton is currently in the hospital. He suffered a fractured ankle in an alleged suicide attempt. He is being held on a psychiatric hold, which police say is common procedure when someone tries to hurt themselves.

Sources tell Action News police and FBI have been fanning out across the Michigan-Ohio border searching abandoned homes and wooded areas.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/state/amber-alert-issued-for-three-btothers-from-morenci%2C-michigan.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I wonder if " Joann" lived at the " Sawgrass" .. in Williams Co Michigan???

How sad.. those poor boys.. I fear the worst, and based on the monsters Myspace.. I hope they are looking in every dumpster and the town dump...

God Bless them...

Also, I just want to add that imo the mothers plea deal is irrelevant to this story...

I always fear that distractions are a negative influence on the actual story ... Imo this is how victims of tragic crimes get lost in the process (like Kyron) .. as soon as there is dirt no mater big or small, it allows investigations to go cold right off the bat while LE and the jury of public opinion discuss dirt on someone close to an investigation where proper investigations cease...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Search For Missing Boys Moves Across State Lines
Police Believe Cell Phone Records May Help Find Young Brothers

UPDATED: 4:25 pm EST November 29, 2010

MORENCI, Mich. -- The search for three young brothers from Morenci moved from Michigan into Ohio on Monday.

Investigators said they are hoping cell phone records may help lead to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton. The boys were last seen the day after Thanksgiving when their father John Skelton, tried to commit suicide.

WATCH VIDEO: Search For Missing Boys Moves Across State Lines
RAW VIDEO: Police Reveal Updates In Boys' Disappearance
WATCH VIDEO: Search Continues For Missing Michigan Brothers
SEE IMAGES: 3 Michigan Brothers Missing
RAW VIDEO: Morenci Police Chief Press Conference
VIDEO: FBI, Planes, Dogs, Search For 3 Mich. Boys

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25931135/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Maat, thanks for the info about people often failing when they try to hang themselves. I was under the impression that most people didn't fail. One of the stories says he fractured his ankle in his alleged attempt. I wish people thinking about committing a murder-suicide would commit the suicide first.

AJ and Sherry, I also find the story hokey and think Joann is as fictional as Zanny the Nanny. If John was telling the truth about not wanting the boys to be there when he committed suicide, all he would've had to do is drive the boys three blocks to their mom's house and make up an excuse about why he was dropping them off early.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Maat, thanks for the info on the failed hangings, that is very surprising.

You do see failed suicide attempts, many times it's a cry for help, where they didn't take as many pills as they claimed they did or right afterwards they will call someone to tell them what they've done because they really don't want to die.

Even though the information on the mother's conviction and prison record isn't relevant to her little boys missing, I think it's still a necessary background search that needs to be done in any missing child case. It's pretty clear here the mother isn't the culprit, she's also a victim. It's just a fact about her past that happens to be public record, she is a registered sex offender. Maybe this guy has held this over her head for all these years, who knows. She was convicted in 1999 and their oldest boy is 9 years old. If the father had been a registered sex offender we would certainly want to know that, just my opinion.

I'm still hoping these little guys are found safe. afro
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Still no sign of missing Skelton boys as search wraps up for the night

By Erik Gable
Daily Telegram
Posted Nov 29, 2010 @ 06:23 PM
Last update Nov 29, 2010 @ 06:44 PM

MORENCI, Mich. — After scouring the area for signs of three missing Morenci boys throughout the day Monday, search crews suspended their efforts for the night, with plans to begin again Tuesday morning.

As dusk fell, fire and rescue vehicles pulled into the Morenci fire station and a helicopter flew overhead.

Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10 Mercin10

Read more:
http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x1384146041/Still-no-sign-of-missing-Skelton-boys-as-search-wraps-up-for-the-night

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:58 pm

These little boys were last seen by a "credible witness" on Thursday. I think the father of these boys is probably going to claim he suffered from temporary insanity. How can a mother stand to not know what happened to these poor little boys. How horrible to try to hope for the best but in your heart you fear for the worst. I feel so sorry for the mother, and for the hell she is going through while she is waiting.....waiting.....waiting.....
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm

I do too, Cali.........the night is so cold up there right now. And they are not searching anymore tonight. Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Cali wrote:These little boys were last seen by a "credible witness" on Thursday. I think the father of these boys is probably going to claim he suffered from temporary insanity. How can a mother stand to not know what happened to these poor little boys. How horrible to try to hope for the best but in your heart you fear for the worst. I feel so sorry for the mother, and for the hell she is going through while she is waiting.....waiting.....waiting.....

-----------------------

Cali... I cant even imagine ..those poor little boys .. I doubt they are suffering anymore and hate to jump the gun, but I feel they are back in Gods arms...

The thought of the mother frantic, and so desperate ... and here he is... sitting in the hospital with a busted ankle.. she must want to go in there and shake it out of him..

what a sad story...

I hope the cell phone records will reveal where they are... I have a feeling this guy has thought about doing this before which makes me think he wud have known about pings and cell phone and maybe even has done something to lead LE off the trail...

His " failed" attempt to commit suicide seems also like a ruse... If he wanted to do it... he cud have... IMO this is how he was going to get to the mental ward right away, where he is prolly protected from even talking.. at least for now..

Clearly, he is a monster and the thought that he is laying in a warm bed, being fed and having a buzzed to ring if he needs anything makes me puke... If there was any truth to his story, he wud be walking around on his busted foot, looking for his kids ..

His writings on his myspace from before speaks volumes...
God Bless The boys and their mother and the boys loved ones....

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Father of missing Mich. boys had lost job, custody

By COREY WILLIAMS - Nov 29, 2010 7:05 PM ET
By The Associated Press

~Snipped~

MORENCI, Mich. (AP) — The father of three missing Michigan boys was out of work, his marriage had fallen apart and he'd lost custody of his children in the months before he told police that he gave the boys to an acquaintance and tried to kill himself.

~Snipped~

Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret Noe told the AP that Tanya Skelton received exclusive custody after John Skelton returned from Florida with the boys, but the couple subsequently negotiated an agreement that allowed visitation.

"The agreement was without my intervention," Noe said. "It is not unusual for judges to encourage parents to engage in agreements between themselves relative to visitation because they best know the circumstances."

She said the brothers' disappearance was "sad and unfortunate" and declined further comment.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-30/father-of-missing-mich-boys-had-lost-job-custody.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

John Skelton Described as 'Loner'

Updated: Monday, 29 Nov 2010, 6:18 PM EST

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. - FOX 2 spoke to friends and neighbors of John Skelton. Many describe him as anything but your average neighbor.

"This is a big hunting community, and usually everybody knows everybody," Bill Foster said.

However, John Skelton was the exception.

"He was kind of a loner," said Foster, a neighbor and friend.

A loner that many in this small town say they could never get close to.

"He liked his computers. He was kind of a person all to himself," Foster told FOX 2's Alexis Wiley.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/john-skelton-described-as-loner-20101129-wpms
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Search For Missing Brothers Halted Until Tuesday
Father Asks For Lawyer As Search Moves Across State Lines

UPDATED: 11:03 pm EST November 29, 2010

MORENCI, Mich. -- The search for three young brothers from Morenci was called off Monday night and is scheduled to resume Tuesday morning.

Morenci Police said they are now focusing their primary search efforts near Pioneer, Ohio, a small town along the Michigan-Ohio state line.

Search crews were in the Pioneer area Monday, but the cold weather made it difficult for volunteers and searchers to complete their search.

WATCH VIDEO: Missing Boys' Grandmother Speaks Out

WATCH VIDEO: Cold Weather Hampers Search For Missing Boys

Police said they decided to focus on the Ohio area because of cell phone activity. Investigators also said they are hoping cell phone records may help lead to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton. The boys were last seen the day after Thanksgiving when their father, John Skelton, tried to commit suicide.

John Skelton's mother, who lives in the Jacksonville, Fla., area, spoke Tuesday during a telephone interview.

"I thank everyone who is searching today," said Roxann Skelton. "They (volunteers) are in my prayers and so are my grandsons."

When asked if she has talked with her son, Roxann Skelton replied, "I cannot answer questions like that."

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25931135/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 pm

I have been reading several articles by the media. It has been stated that the father's car was definitely on the Ohio turnpike late Thursday or early early Friday.
Tonight, it should be no surprise to anybody that the father is now "sane enough" to have lawyered up.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

JVM 11/29/2010