Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11

5 posters

Go down

Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11 Empty Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 am

Croslin to be sentenced Monday on multiple drug counts

Investigators say they'll meet with her if she wants to discuss Haleigh.

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer
The Gainesville Sun - Gainesville, FL

Published: Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 3:58 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:13 a.m.

If Misty Croslin has any more secrets to tell regarding the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, she will have one last chance Monday before she is sentenced on multiple counts of dealing prescription drugs in Putnam County.

Croslin, 19, was living with Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and was in the house with the girl when she disappeared in 2009. That case has never been solved.

In the meantime, Croslin, Ronald Cummings and several others were arrested in January 2010 on multiple counts of trafficking prescription drugs.

All have been sentenced, including Croslin, on one count in St. Johns County. But today she faces sentencing in Putnam County on seven counts.

Read more:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110109/ARTICLES/110109555/-1/news?Title=Croslin-to-be-sentenced-Monday-on-multiple-drug-counts-&tc=ar

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11 Empty Re: Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11

Post by Piper Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:13 am

Ann, thanks for posting this reminder.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11 Empty Re: Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

Misty Croslin: Woman at center of missing-girl case faces sentencing for drug charges

Misty Croslin was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in Putnam County in February 2009.

Compiled by Orlando Sentinel
Orlando, FL

8:13 a.m. EST, January 10, 2011

Misty Croslin, the young woman at the center of a missing-girl mystery, is scheduled to be sentenced today on drug-trafficking charges in Putnam County.

Croslin, 19, was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in the rural Putnam County community of Satsuma in February 2009.

Read more:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/os-misty-croslin-sentenced-drugs-20110111,0,7879419.story
~~~~~~~

Per this article, sentencing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. EST in Palatka (Putnam County)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:15 am

You are welcome, Piper.

I guess after this sentencing, we will probably rarely hear the mention of Haleigh Cummings.

There were so many side shows surrounding this case. At least the side shows kept the name, Haleigh Cummings, in the news.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Misty Croslin 2nd Sentence Also 25 Years

Putnam County Sentence To Be Served Concurrent WIth St. Johns Sentence

News4Jax - Jacksonville, FL

POSTED: Monday, January 10, 2011
UPDATED: 2:38 pm EST January 10, 2011

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, is sentenced to 25 years on drug charges from Putnam County.

Read more: http://www.news4jax.com/news/26427341/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years

First Coast News - Jacksonville, FL
January 10, 2011

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Croslin has received another 25-year prison sentence for the seven drug charges to which she entered a guilty plea.

In October, Croslin received a 25-year sentence on similar charges in St. Johns County, and today's sentence in Putnam County will run concurrently.

Read more:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=185902&catid=3

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:40 pm

~Snipped~
In addition to the prison time, Croslin must pay fines totaling more than $1 million, will have her driver's license suspended for two years following her release, and will serve five years of drug offender probation.

There were seven counts against her. On two of the counts, according to the state attorney's office, she received a 25-year sentence for each.

On each of two other counts, she was sentenced to 15 years, and on each of the final three she received a three-year sentence.

Since each sentence will run concurrent with the others and with her previous sentence, there is no added prison time beyond the original 25 years.

Croslin, along with her brother, ex-husband and two others, was arrested in January 2010.

In Croslin's first sentencing, Judge Wendy Berger decided not to use the "youthful offender" option, which would have resulted in a prison sentence of six years.

In the absence of being sentenced as a youthful offender, Croslin faced up to 240 years.

She entered a no-contest plea to the seven drug-related charges stemming from her arrest.

A "landslide of information" against her led her attorney, Robert Fields, to a plea rather than face a trial.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:55 am

Misty Croslin to Be Sentenced Monday, 1-10-11 Misty_10
A tear runs down Misty Croslin's nose as her father, Hank Croslin Sr., speaks on her behalf during the sentencing hearing. Misty Croslin was sentenced to 25 years for drug trafficking Monday at the Putnam County Courthouse in Palatka.

Misty Croslin gets 25 years
Sentence will run concurrently with earlier sentence

Posted: January 11, 2011 - 12:39am

PALATKA -- In final pleas Monday, Misty Croslin and her father asked for fairness and leniency before she was given 25 years in prison on a series of prescription drug-trafficking cases.

The sentencing came a month shy of two years since Croslin became the focus in the case of HaLeigh Cummings, who Croslin was watching when the 5-year-old Satsuma kindergartner vanished from home.

Reluctantly, but prodded because she wanted him to speak at the hearing in Palatka, a distraught Hank Croslin Sr. said his daughter was only misguided.

"The only thing I would really like to say is she wasn't a drug dealer, she never was," he said. "She just got caught up in something stupid."

Read more:
http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2011-01-11/misty-croslin-gets-25-years
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:57 am

~Snipped~

Under minimum mandatory sentences in the seven drug cases, Croslin, 19, faced up to 89 years in prison, but LaRue ordered sentences in the cases to run concurrently under the longest minimum sentence -- 25 years. She will get credit for the year she has spent in jail and the time will also run concurrent with a 25-year sentence in a separate case in St. Johns County.

A maximum sentence on each of the counts is 30 years under state law.

For the still-missing little girl's family, the resolution of the drug case that became intertwined with HaLeigh's disappearance didn't offer any relief.

HaLeigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, was in the courtroom and said afterward that she believes Croslin knows more about what happened to the little girl.

"It's all in her hands," she said. "She has all the answers."
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:08 am

Does anyone know, is there a link to Misty in court yesterday? I've been trying to find one and I've been coming up empty-handed. Any advice?
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 am

I haven't seen one yet, Eva. I'll see if I can find a video.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I haven't seen a video either but I have a question....Does anyone else find it...embarrassing that our justice system only gave her 25 years? Seriously? The video's are PROOF that she did what she wa accused of. There is no doubt about it. Not only that but there are multiple counts and she gets to serve them at the same time, same time as even the other count she was already convicted of in the other county. I personnally think it's wrong. IMHO
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am

This is a video which includes snippets of Misty in court, talking to the Judge, her father, Hank Croslin, Sr., and Cryatal Sheffield, Haleigh's mom.
~~~~~

http://www.news4jax.com/video/26437838/index.html
News4Jax Jacksonville, FL 1-11-10

Misty Croslin's 2nd Sentence 25 Years
Putnam County sentence to be served concurrent with St. Johns County sentence.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

25 years for Misty

By Julie Martin
Published: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:12 AM EST
Palatka Daily News - Palatka, FL

Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh Cummings, watched the person she believes holds the answers to her child's disappearance beg for leniency Monday afternoon in a Putnam County courtroom.

"I'm not a drug dealer," Misty Croslin told Circuit Judge Terry LaRue. "I just got caught in some bad choices. Give me another chance."

Read more: http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2011/01/11/news/news01.txt
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

Misty Croslin 25 + 25 + $2,000,000 + Two Year Driver License Suspension = A Lot Of Time To Think

Posted on January 10th, 2011
by Simon Barrett - BNN

The last person to see missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings found out her final fate today in the sentencing phase of the unreleased drug case. Already having managed to achieve a 25 year sentence in St Johns county on related drug charges. Today’s sentence in Putnam County added another 25 years. The key phrase used though was ‘concurrent’. Misty is looking at 25 years behind bars. She also has the minor problem of a $2 million owed in fines (with interest the $1.5 assessed will likely far exceed $2 mil by the time he is looking for a job). In what can only be described as pointless, upon release her driving privileges are also suspended for two years!

In reality Misty Croslin got off lightly. Although the the judge opted not to allow the Juvenile Offender card to be played (which could have reduced the sentence to 6 years), the judge also had the latitude to sentence her to 240 years

Read more:
http://www.bloggernews.net/125855#comment-1816945
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

Misty Croslin to serve 25 years in prison for drug trafficking

WOKV - Jacksonville, FL
By Kevin Rincon @ January 10, 2011 4:08 PM

Misty Croslin was sentenced in Putnam County on seven counts of drug trafficking. She got the minimum mandatory sentence on all of the counts which total 89 years, but those are to be served concurrently so she'll only serve 25.

Croslin was the last person to have seen Haleigh Cummings, the missing 5-year-old girl who has yet to be found. Less than a month away from the two year anniversary of Haleigh's disappearance her family and friends are worried that once Croslin is locked up so will the truth as to what happened and where Haleigh is.

Read more: http://wokv.com/localnews/2011/01/misty-croslin-to-serve-25-year.html
~~~~~~~
Comments by Crystal Sheffield and Teresa Neves.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

Putnam County Sentence To Be Served Concurrent With St. Johns Sentence

News4Jax - Jacksonville, FL

POSTED: Monday, January 10, 2011

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, has been sentenced to 25 years on drug charges from Putnam County.

The time will be served concurrently with the 25-year sentence she is already serving on a St. Johns County conviction of trafficking in oxycodone.

Read more: http://www.news4jax.com/news/26427341/detail.html
~~~~~~~~
This article has the video I posted upthread.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:This is a video which includes snippets of Misty in court, talking to the Judge, her father, Hank Croslin, Sr., and Cryatal Sheffield, Haleigh's mom.
~~~~~

http://www.news4jax.com/video/26437838/index.html
News4Jax Jacksonville, FL 1-11-10

Putnam County sentence to be served concurrent with St. Johns County sentence.

Thanks Ann - Tx!
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 04, 2011 9:43 am

Misty Croslin: 'I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now'

7:46 p.m. EDT, May 3, 2011

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-misty-croslin-prison-interview-20110504,0,7575813.story
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

That was interesting, thanks Piper. I have always kinda felt that Misty was leaning toward "innocent"........... I dunno........ I really don't.
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 am

From article above:

OCALA — For more than two years, law enforcement has pointed at Misty Croslin as the person who holds the answers to the mystery of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Croslin emerged from obscurity after Haleigh vanished from a rural county about two hours north of Orlando in 2009.

She was a chain-smoking, skinny dropout in Putnam County — a 17-year-old who eventually married Haleigh's father in a ceremony broadcast on national television as the mystery lingered about Ron Cummings' missing daughter.

These days Croslin is 19, heavier, divorced from Cummings and clad in a blue prison uniform in a soon-to-be smoke-free state prison for women in Ocala, where she is serving a 25-year sentence for drug trafficking.

But she still maintains — as she has all along — that she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance from her father's doublewide trailer in February 2009.

"I'm not the key to this at all." she told the Orlando Sentinel in a tearful interview Tuesday at Lowell Correctional Institution Annex. "Because if I knew something, they would've known it from Day One. I just don't understand why they keep saying this about me."

In her first media interview since being convicted of drug-trafficking charges in January, Croslin blamed her former husband's risky lifestyle as a drug dealer for his daughter's disappearance, alleging that Ronald Cummings' many enemies and debts may have provoked a kidnapping.

Cummings, who is serving a 15-year sentence for drug trafficking in a Tallahassee-area prison, has previously said he doesn't know what happened to his daughter.

Also Tuesday, Croslin revealed details about clues she gave to investigators.

Croslin said a stranger approached Cummings after Haleigh vanished and told him the "Mexicans" have her. But she did not know who the man was or his connection to the family. Cummings, she said, owes money to people who supported his drug habit and may have taken the girl for ransom.

She said she also received a letter and photo from a man who claimed he had recently seen Haleigh in Kentucky.

But Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff''s Office said Misty remains the focus.

In the prison video, Misty states Ron came home messed up, not upset that Haleigh was gone, he was on drugs or something...her words.

And that's the first I've heard of the Mexicans taking Haleigh. I guess sitting in prison 24/7 either brings back memories or creates new ones.

Eva, I don't know either.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed May 04, 2011 10:03 am

Hmmmmmmm. Some "new" memories hey? Hmmmmmmmm. Okay. Sounds a little more Casey Anthony-ish. Changing "stories"..............
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

JMHO but I have always felt Misty had nothing to do with the disappearance. And I do believe her when she said Ron abused her and the kids. She didn't say this in the beginning because she was in love with Ron and didn't want to hurt him. But since he bargained with the cops, he is doing 10 years less than she is, I guess she has decided to tell what she knows about Ron. I think the 'love' has died.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

And Crystal said Ron abused her as well. Misty sure had a bad childhood and no positive role models.

Misty also told the story of cousin Joe and her brother being there. I think she made that up at the time hoping something would stick because she was desperate to get out of jail, so she would say anything. I've always felt that she didn't know what happened, she was passed out. I just didn't feel she was intelligent enough or strong enough to keep covering up under police interrogation. I know they still say she holds the key but I don't know. Very sad situation and there's a little girl missing.........
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down