Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline

+5
maggieg
Julie
LottieM
FystyAngel
Justice4all
9 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline

Post by Justice4all Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:18 pm

State: Casey May Have Used Inmate's Child Drowning Story

Updated: 5:57 pm EDT June 21, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There were two major developments on Tuesday in Casey Anthony's murder trial. Tuesday marked day 35, including jury selection, in Casey's trial. She's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

DAY 35: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 35
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
IN COURT: Casey, Parents, Lawyers, Judge
VIDEO REPORT: Experts For Defense Testify
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Casey entered the courtroom just before 8:25 a.m., wearing a light blue shirt with a beige sweater and dark pants. She had her hair pulled back in a bun. George and Cindy Anthony were also in the courtroom.

The state said Casey may have used another family's tragedy to come up with her story about Caylee dying in a swimming pool. Also on Tuesday, another error by the defense was so big, that it could win Casey a new trial if she's convicted.

Casey's lead attorney, Jose Baez, told the jury during his opening statement that Caylee drowned accidentally, and when George found her lifeless body at the bottom of the family's pool, he carried her to Casey and blamed her.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28304223/detail.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline

Post by Justice4all Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 pm

State To Rebut Caylee Drowning Theory

Prosecutors Reveal Plans For Rebuttal

UPDATED: 1:15 pm EDT June 21, 2011

~Snipped~

Prosecutors also revealed that they plan to rebut the drowning theory with computer evidence taken from the Anthony family's hard drive.

Jose Baez called the hard drive discovery "new evidence," but the judge said that wasn't the case since the state turned over a copy of the hard drive along with all of its other evidence.

"This is what it looks like when you're losing," defense attorney Jeff Dean, who is offering legal analysis for WESH 2 News, said.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28308533/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 24: Ashton Makes Short Work of Defense Experts, State Says They Have Evidence From Anthonys' Computer To Refute Defense Drowning Timeline

Post by FystyAngel Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 pm

I forgot about GA's girlfriend. I'm afraid that even though she may have crediblity problems, all it takes is one person on that jury to believe her.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I agree that girlfriend is going to throw a curve ball....but still I don't know because Baez says George taped Caylee up and dumped her somewhere (not where they found her, somewhere else that Kronk found her and kept her until he needed to pay for his car repairs in Dec). I don't know how the jury would make the leap to George doing all the bad just because he mentioned an accident that snowballed out of control to what's her name.

OH...and her sister was in jail...George could deny saying it and the prosecution could question her if her sister told it....sister is the one who sold the story to the Tabloids.

All I'm really believe is....What a mess!
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm not sure what the jury will think of River Cruz testifying that George told her Caylee's death was a horrible accident that snowballed out of control. The state did say they have computer records from June 16 including instant messages that will refute the defense's drowning timeline. Of course the defense didn't bother to have their expert go over the computer hard drive. Why would they when none of them even bothered to watch the jailhouse videos?
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Hahahahaha, Bozo screwed up again, why am I not surprised?

When the River Cruz story first came out, and it was said that she said that he said it was a horrible accident that snowballed out of control, I thought it was George's way of covering for Casey and implying that Casey did not "murder" Caylee deliberately, but rather an "accident" happened by Casey's hand, such as oops, I chloroformed her, stuck her in the trunk, and either a)it was too much chloroform and she died, or b)I forgot she was in the trunk because I was too busy watching movies and having sex with my boyfriend, and she died, etc.

The "snowballed out of control" part would be everything Casey did after that point, that got her to where she is now.

I never thought George's comment meant he was involved.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I never thought George's comment meant he was involved either, Julie. I thought the same as you, he was making hopeful excuses for KC killing Caylee and the lying was the snowball. George can clear that up if he's asked and I think the jury will believe him.

I wonder what's on the hard drive?

Bozo is so stupid....he thinks he knows everything and so he probably didn't even realize his botanist expert was sort of....lame and silly. He probably was just happy to have an expert and he didn't listen to her talk before he decided to sign her up...well, we all got to hear her talk today. Laughing
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Ditto Julie!

What parent is going to admit "yeah, I think my daughter killed my grandkid because she is a selfish lieing brat!" Very reasonable he may have said " whatever happened it had to be an accident and it snowballed out of control" (meaning I can't accept at this point my daughter could kill her daughter, so accident it could be and she lied and it snowballed out of control)

And the "mistress" said she did not have an affair with George in her statement. Now she is on tv and says she did. Maybe she thinks she is another Amber Fry and they will make a movie about her. IMO, her credibility just flew out the window!
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Heard also that the Prosecution can show that on the day in question when he was holding Caylee in his arms after she drown that he was chatting online with a buddy of his.

???? Hard drive???? Rebuttal witness?
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Hopefully the jury will see this the same way we do.

Lottie, on the hard drive, I heard there are computer searches, and postings of Casey's hot body contest pictures, and instant messages, (I think from Casey to a friend,) saying "Hey dude, what's up" or something like that. All the searches and im's are happening during the time frame that the defense said George found Caylee, etc. How could they be doing computer searches and sending friendly im's, and posting pictures, when they were supposed to be holding a dead baby, and doing whatever it was the defense said they did next.......pass her off to Kronk, call the kidnapper, get the duct tape, etc....

But had Bozo checked the hard drive like he was supposed to, he would have known this, what an idiot!!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 pm

i did hear that Baez should have looked at the hard drive before putting together his opening statement.

I'm sure hoping his idiocy doesn't cause a retrial or a mistrial. I know she will be found guilty if that happens-its just that this is getting tiresome waiting for the final verdict. I do hope Baez is disbarred. No one should ever have the unpleasant experience of having him as a lawyer. He's practically holding the lethal cocktail for Casey in his hands!
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I read a funny comment the other day. Someone pointed out that Bozo was 183rd out of 186 in his law school class. Then they said can you believe there's three attorneys out there who are worse than him.

LMAO, I hope they're not in Orlando.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwc Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:43 am

What is the deal with this mistress? Her physical description is the same as "Zannys." I'm so confused.

kwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 am

Welcome to RC, kwc! Very Happy

It doesn't make sense, does it? Its what River says but I doubt that her looks is where George got his description of the nanny.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 am

Julie wrote:I read a funny comment the other day. Someone pointed out that Bozo was 183rd out of 186 in his law school class. Then they said can you believe there's three attorneys out there who are worse than him.

LMAO, I hope they're not in Orlando.

roflao
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

Sherry wrote:Welcome to RC, kwc! Very Happy

It doesn't make sense, does it? Its what River says but I doubt that her looks is where George got his description of the nanny.

Casey gave the original description of Zanny to C&G.....(including NO tattoos).....

CINDY ANTHONY: We never really got a full description of Zanny. I know she`s got brown curly hair.

CASEY ANTHONY: Shoulder length. She wears it straight.

CINDY ANTHONY: It`s curly.

CASEY ANTHONY: It`s curly, but she also wears it straight. (INAUDIBLE) it`s called a straightener. She`s the one that gave me my straightener.

CINDY ANTHONY: That`s true. OK. How tall is she?

CASEY ANTHONY: About 5, 7-ish. She`s, like, maybe an inch or two shorter than Dad, so 5-6, 5-7, very thin, maybe a little bit more meat than me, about 140-ish, fairly tan, brown eyes, no tattoos that I`ve ever seen, that I know of. (Added by me, from video): "I've seen her in a bathing suit so unless it's something beyond that...." (me: River Cruz has an Asian tattoo down her arm?)

From
NANCY GRACE

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/04/ng.01.html

(video below)

CASEY VISITATIONS: Cindy, George Visit On July 25 at 2pm - Part 2 of 2

On 7/25/08, at the 7:25 mark on this video, Casey gives this description of Zanny.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18206653/index.html

Last edited by Julie on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 am

kwc wrote:What is the deal with this mistress? Her physical description is the same as "Zannys." I'm so confused.

Except that River is not a 10. No

She also fits the description of Baez's daughter. Very Happy I saw a pic once of her and him at her graduation but I never found it again. She's even actually pretty and has those really white teeth KC spoke of.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks, Julie! Cool

I believe Casey gave that description long before River came cruzin' in, too.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 am

Just sounds like a very general description of a woman in that ethnic group - Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez

George saying "an accident that snowballed out of control" my feeling has always been snow balled out of control to mean the actions taken after the accident - which he must have been fully aware of or part of -to reference it in that manner.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

mindseye, I believe George said that because a) he knows his daughter's flair for the dramatic and b) he did not want to have to admit to himself that his daughter murdered Caylee.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Julie wrote:
I heard there are computer searches, and postings of Casey's hot body contest pictures, and instant messages, (I think from Casey to a friend,) saying "Hey dude, what's up" or something like that. All the searches and im's are happening during the time frame that the defense said George found Caylee, etc. How could they be doing computer searches and sending friendly im's, and posting pictures, when they were supposed to be holding a dead baby, and doing whatever it was the defense said they did next..

maybe that's "why" Caylee drowned... mommy or George was on the computer and not watching her.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 am

maggieg wrote:...........(respectfully snipped/space).......
And the "mistress" said she did not have an affair with George in her statement. Now she is on tv and says she did. Maybe she thinks she is another Amber Fry and they will make a movie about her. IMO, her credibility just flew out the window!

I don't think the mistress will have any credibility whatsoever. It's a he said/she said and she's more than a bit shady herself- Lying to LE and then doing media interviews, previous trouble with the law (i.e., she likes to break it), and one has to wonder when a person "comes forward" using her alias. Alias? Really? Who does that? I am not sure I believe she came up with 10K to loan george either. This whole part of the 'story' is still sitting in my could be/could be not pile. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 am

ooops double post kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down