Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin

+4
maggieg
Piper
LottieM
Justice4all
8 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 am

State's Rebuttal, Deliberations Remain In Casey Trial

Updated: 5:59 am EDT July 4, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors will get the final word with jurors on Monday before they begin deliberating Casey Anthony's fate and the role she played in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.

Attorneys for the state are expected to use two hours to present their rebuttal to the defense's closing statements. After the rebuttal, Judge Belvin Perry will instruct jurors on the charges Casey faces, including first-degree murder.

The state says Casey was a party girl who killed her daughter Caylee by covering her face with duct tape because she got in the way of her mom's love life. Her attorneys say Caylee accidentally drowned in a pool, and the mother's lies and erratic behavior afterward were brought on by trauma from her own childhood.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28438713/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Jury Deliberations Begin In Casey Anthony Murder Trial

Updated: 4:28 pm EDT July 4, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Jurors began deliberating on Monday in Casey Anthony's murder trial after hearing prosecutors argue that she killed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, because the child interrupted her carefree partying and love life.

Monday marks day 46, including jury selection, in Casey's trial. She's accused of killing Caylee.

Casey, 25, entered the courtroom just before 8:30 a.m. on Monday, wearing a blue and white striped shirt and dark pants. She had her hair pulled back in a bun. Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony were also present.

DAY 46: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 46
ANGRY CASEY : See Images | Raw Video
READ: Judge's Final Instructions To Jury
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
IN COURT: Casey, Attorneys, Judge, Parents
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Prosecutors in their rebuttal closing argument earlier Monday said the defense's assertion that Caylee's death was an "accident that snowballed out of control" makes no sense.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28438713/detail.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Jury Verdict Forms

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/media/downloads/VerdictForms-CaseyAnthony.pdf
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:16 pm

It's a waiting game now....I think Linda D-B did an excellent job tying the prosecution's case together today.

I can't imagine the jury taking too long to come back with a verdict. They've had 6 weeks to put the pieces together, and then I do think both sides presented their case clearly....it's just that the defense's side was clearly off the wall....and the prosecutions side made sense and had evidence enough to establish guilt. I would think the jury will make a verdict announcement tomorrow....probably late afternoon. I really don't see them taking much longer than that because they don't have to all agree on what type of 1st Degree Murder it is.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:11 am

I'm not sure how long deliberations will take, but I don't think the jury will take a trip down a rabbit hole where men who love their granddaughters make accidental drownings look like homicides or where concerned citizens remove skulls from crime scenes and put duct tape on them.

The only thing that needs to be sorted out is whether the homicide was premeditated or a result of aggravated child abuse.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 am

Tweets from the courtroom this morning stated many of the jurors had on suit jackets and polo shirts, more dressed up than any other day. I don't know if that means anything or not.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 am

...and they have not asked for a morning break as of yet.
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:26 pm

NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned................
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Piper wrote:NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned................

You had to change your signature.... Sad
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Maite Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 pm

wow, what an injustice! Unbelievable!!!

Maite

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Dear Caylee Marie,

I am sorry if this did not turn out the way you might have liked...I know you loved your mommy and wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her but I shall still pray for you and know that you are at rest...I pray for your mommy too that she will somehow admit the error of her ways and ask your forgiveness and precious Jesus' too...If not to man at least to God...Her punishment is not for us to put on her, though we tried...God only knows the anguish your Nan and Jojo have been through...I won't forget you precious Caylee and I'm sure that there are a lot more people that feel as I do...There will be a lot of unrest but I hope you can get on with your heavenly life...Rest in Peace precious...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, I feel as you do, Estee, and, God help me to do it when I am tempted to despise them, like now. My prayers have always been for the whole Anthony family to know God, the only true God, and His Son whom he has sent.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:06 pm

In all this mess of lies Caylee IS the only winner. She is safe is God's hand where there is no hate, sorrow and pain. All she has now is peace, love and everlasting life. Her family did not deserve her, not any of them...imo!

Now as for the rest of them lets see what they do. If they welcome KC back home then perhaps she was telling the truth and they all had a hand in covering up Caylees death and are even more dysfuntional than her defense even touched on! If KC comes back home and George stays...well, then maybe he is as big of a liar as his daughter. We can only hope that this tragedy woke this family up....but I sort of doubt it.

Sadest part of this all is so many will make money of this innocent childs death. The family, friends, people who claim to to know them, people who served in prison with KC, the jurors...the list goes on and on and on. I also would hope that these people fade out of the spot light very soon due to the public being discusted with them...but, I doubt that too.

Rest in Peace Caylee....it is YOUR face no one will ever forget!!!!!!!!!! afro
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Sad

Sad day in our Criminal Justice System.

I can't believe Casey might walk out of there on Thursday.

NG (or one of them) said Casey stands to make mega bucks in the future from this. Book deals, interviews, "licensing fees" on more pics & videos. Casey could be a millionaire in no time.

LP made me chuckle. He said when they were reading the verdict of not guilty, he thought they were reading the wrong line, and was waiting for the Judge to tell them that they were reading the wrong line.

I just cannot believe this verdict. I really can't.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Neither can I, Julie. I'm not sure I want to keep up with any more of these missing/murdered children cases. Sad

For those saying we saw the justice system at work, I say, the hell we did! What we saw was a perversion of justice from the moment Baez presented his opener.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 am

It sad Sherry. Our justice system sure didn't work this time. It set a horrifying precedent for the next baby killer. 1) Make sure your family is "dysfunctional", 2) Lie about everything, except your name, 3) Make sure evidence has time to decompose.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 35: State's Rebuttal To Defense Closing Arguments, Judge's Intructions To Jury, Deliberations Begin Notfairsign

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down