Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

+11
Trueblue
carlakay
Alessandra_Deux
Summertime
ishi
One Wonders
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
Estee
Piper
sitemama
15 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm

One Wonders wrote:Whoaaaa!!! Look what I found today:

Texas grand jury indicts Amanda Hayes on body-dumping charge
http://www.wral.com/texas-grand-jury-indicts-amanda-hayes-on-body-dumping-charge/13573065/

Looks like Miss See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil is in more trouble with Texas this time...All I have to say is WHOOPPPIIII!

I wonder if she'll ever be charge with dumping the boxes of toxic stuff she dumped? Hummmmm?

Today, I emailed one of the reporters of this story (as I could find nothing on this via Google) and she emailed me back.  She said nothing is happening with this.  Her guess is that nothing will due to everything it would cost to prosecute her in TX when most of the people involved are in NC.  With that said, I've also not seen anything about the charges being dropped.  I guess it's still a wait and see.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Supreme Court ends Grant Hayes appeal options

Posted 2:30 p.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina Supreme Court on Friday put an end to appeals in the case of a Wake County man serving life in prison for the grisly 2011 death of his ex-girlfriend, Laura Jean Ackerson.

The court was the final recourse for Grant Hayes, who claimed that jurors in his 2013 trial should not have heard testimony about a psychological report that offered a possible motive for the crime.

The Supreme Court denied Hayes appeal and upheld the state's motion to dismiss.

...Amanda Hayes was convicted last year of second-degree murder and sentenced to 13 to 16 years in prison. Her attorney has said that she is not appealing her conviction.

Read more:  http://www.wral.com/supreme-court-ends-grant-hayes-appeal-options/14845354/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Amanda Hayes to be extradited to Texas to face more charges in Laura Ackerson's death

Posted 11:06 a.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — Amanda Hayes, who was convicted in 2014 of second-degree murder in the death of Laura Ackerson, signed an extradition waiver Friday and will be sent to Texas to face more charges in the case.

Hayes will face charges in Texas for the disposal of Ackerson's body.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-to-be-extradited-to-texas-to-face-more-charges-in-laura-ackerson-s-death/15672366/#LMkLSJXVQ1wUZuVk.99

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Woman convicted in NC mom’s murder to be extradited to Texas

By CBS North Carolina Published: April 29, 2016, 11:41 am Updated: April 29, 2016, 6:41 pm

...According to Amanda Bolin, chief prosecutor for the Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office, Hayes is to face a charge of tampering with a corpse.

Bolin said the extradition is happening now because Texas officials were waiting for the North Carolina case to be resolved.

Read more:  http://wncn.com/2016/04/29/woman-convicted-in-nc-moms-murder-to-be-extradited-to-texas/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:18 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
One Wonders wrote:Whoaaaa!!! Look what I found today:

Texas grand jury indicts Amanda Hayes on body-dumping charge
http://www.wral.com/texas-grand-jury-indicts-amanda-hayes-on-body-dumping-charge/13573065/

Looks like Miss See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil is in more trouble with Texas this time...All I have to say is WHOOPPPIIII!

I wonder if she'll ever be charge with dumping the boxes of toxic stuff she dumped? Hummmmm?

Today, I emailed one of the reporters of this story (as I could find nothing on this via Google) and she emailed me back.  She said nothing is happening with this.  Her guess is that nothing will due to everything it would cost to prosecute her in TX when most of the people involved are in NC.  With that said, I've also not seen anything about the charges being dropped.  I guess it's still a wait and see.

newspaper newspaper newspaper
Woman convicted of helping her ex-husband feed his ex-girlfriend's corpse to alligators after trying to dissolve it in acid, more than four years after both were found guilty of her murder in North Carolina

Amanda Perry (Tucker) Hayes, 46, sentenced to 20 years in jail
on Monday of the second-degree felony of tampering with evidence to impair its availability

Amanda participated in trying to dissolve the body of her ex-husband's ex-girlfriend in acid before tossing it into an alligator-infested lake in Texas

She and Grant Hayes, 39, murdered Laura Ackerson - the mother of his two children in 2011

"..... Amanda Perry (Tucker) Hayes, 46, was convicted on Monday of the second-degree felony of tampering with evidence to impair its availability, for trying to dissolve the body of her ex-husband's ex-girlfriend in acid and then tossing it into an alligator-infested lake in Texas...."

"....Amanda gave birth to a daughter, fathered by Grant, on June 9, 2011. The two divorced in 2014. ....."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6110851/Woman-convicted-helping-ex-husband-feed-exs-corpse-alligators-dissolving-acid.html

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14