Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

+10
TigerMom
Cali
Justice4all
truthbtold
sitemama
KariBear
Julie
Sherry
Piper
Maat
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  Empty Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 am

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  Jonathan_Foster-150x150
Amber Alert issued for missing 12-year-old boy
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search resumes this morning for a Houston boy who hasn't been seen since he vanished Christmas Eve. Detectives believe foul play was involved in his disappearance.

An Amber Alert was issued yesterday for Jonathan Foster. The 12-year-old has been missing for days. Jonathan was last seen at his home on Oak Street near Garden Oaks Friday afternoon.
His mother says when she came home there were no signs of a struggle and nothing was missing except her little boy.

An HPD crime scene investigator gathered evidence at the duplex, the last place 12-year-old Jonathan was seen. It's been several days and his mother fears the worst.

"I'm so scared that somebody is hurting him," said Jonathan's mother Angela Davis.

Jonathan hasn't been seen since Friday afternoon. He had run home from a babysitter's house. He was home playing video games when his stepfather says he stopped in, but Jonathan was gone just 25 minutes later when his mother came home from work.

"There's no doubt in my mind that he's been snatched," said David Davis, Jonathan's stepfather.

Sgt. Brian Harris with the HPD Homicide Division said, "We believe foul play may be involved."

Houston police are treating the case as a possible kidnapping, also interviewing family members and trying to track down a mysterious phone call Jonathan's mother says she received at work shortly before her son went missing.

"I said, 'This is Angela. Is my son there?' And she said, 'Is your mama named Angela?' And he said yes and the phone went dead," she recalled.

On Monday Texas Equusearch joined the search as Jonathan's family passed out fliers. They don't think the boy they describe as naive would run away, especially on Christmas Eve knowing he was getting a new video game system.

David Davis said, "Whatever it is, it's bad."

"Don't hurt him. Don't hurt my baby," pleaded Angela Davis.

Police don't fear the worst yet. Their search is on, though the weather isn't helping. On these cold nights, all of Jonathan's coats are accounted for.

Sgt. Harris said, "We believe this child is in danger regardless."

Police have been interviewing family members separately. The FBI is now assisting on the case.

If you know anything about his whereabouts, you're asked to call Houston police at 713-731-5223 or Texas Equusearch at 281-309-9500.
[b]

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  Empty Re: Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:43 am

Thank you for posting this thread for Jonothan. I live near Houston and have been following this case as it develops.

All of the local Houston TV stations are covering this sad situation. Texas EquuSearch resumed the search this morning.

One of our local stations interviewed the mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis. It was on the news last night. I will find the link to the video and post it here.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  Empty Re: Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 am

KIAH Staff
KIAH - Houston, TX

December 27, 2010

Boy, 12, Missing Since Christmas Eve

HOUSTON — An Amber Alert was issued Monday evening for a Houston boy missing since Christmas Eve.

Johnathan Foster just celebrated his 12th birthday in November. He was last seen Friday at 1:45 p.m. near North Shepherd and 43rd in northwest Houston.

Police believe someone abducted him from the neighborhood.

Read more: http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-amber-alert-foster-story,0,3658934.story

~~~~~~~~~
Article & Video

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

The link isn't working. I tried to find it. Is this the one?

Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/FosterJonathan1.pdf
Missing child poster
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:48 pm

This video is heartbreaking. I'm glad to hear TE is also searching. Hopefully we'll hear good news and he'll come home safely.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:11 pm

This is awfully close! I hope it isn't connected.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356228.html
Body found in Buffalo Bayou
Houston police are investigating the death of a person whose body was found floating near the bank of the Buffalo Bayou this morning in East Houston.
The body was discovered about 9:30 a.m. by a passerby walking his dog in Tony Marron Park off North York near Navigation, police said.
Officials said they don’t know if the body is male or female or an adult.
Edward Rios said his dog, Cain, ran down a shallow drainage ditch to the edge of the bayou. Rios chased his dog and then saw the body floating in the water near the bank.
“I saw something floating in the water,” Rios said. “It looked like a person. I snagged it with a stick and brought it to shore. Then I realized it was a person.
Rios said the person was wearing a blue flannel shirt and seemed to have reddish blonde hair.
His friend, Monica Guajardo, asked a nearby jogger to call 911.
Guajardo said she regularly walks along the walking trail in the park and lives nearby. She said she was shocked to know that someone was dead in the water.
“It’s bad and scary,” she said. “That’s somebody’s family member.”
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi, Maat!

I lived in Houston for about 25 years and was in outside sales. I know the greater Houston area and beyond very well.

The area where the body was found floating in Buffalo Bayou is not close to where Jonathan Foster resided on Oak Street near the Garden Oaks area.

Buffalo Bayou meanders south of I-10 starting from far west Houston thru downtown and beyond. It empties in the Ship Channel.

White Oak Bayou is some distance away but it would be the closest bayou to the Garden Oaks area.

There are bayous that meander in and around Houston. If Jonathan was killed and dumped in a bayou, it could be on the other side of Houston or anywhere.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:52 pm

HPD: Missing 12-Year-Old Likely Kidnapped
Amber Alert Issued For Jonathan Foster

POSTED: Tuesday, December 28, 2010
UPDATED: 11:18 am CST December 28, 2010
KPRC - Houston, TX

HOUSTON -- The search for a 12-year-old boy who has been missing since Christmas Eve intensified on Tuesday.

An Amber Alert was issued for Jonathan Foster on Monday. Houston police said they believe he was kidnapped.

Jonathan was last seen at his family's home at the Villanueva Apartments in the 800 block of Oak Street at about 1:45 p.m. on Friday.

Police said that he might be in the company of a woman with a raspy voice.

The FBI has joined in the search. They're checking in with every registered sex offender in the area.

Jonathan's mother said he was home alone while she was at work. "Sometime between 1:45 and 2:10 p.m., the mother receives a phone call, makes a phone call, and speaks to what she believes is a female with a gruff voice and hears her son's voice in the background," Detective Fil Waters said. "The phone is suddenly hung up."

"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."

Read more: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26298521/detail.html#story
~~~~~~~~~
Article & Video
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi, Maat! ( Maat Today at 10:21 am)

I fixed my 10:09 comment.

Earlier I copied and pasted the comment here which I posted on The Hinky Meter. Apparently that is why the Link did not work. I did not have time to do it like it is suppose to be done here. I was going to come back later today and fix it.

Thank you, Maat, for posting the video. I do not know how to post videos yet. Very much appreciated!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Parents Questioned Over 12-Year-Old's Disappearance
HOUSTON - The investigation into the disappearance of a 12-year-old boy is intensifying. Both of his parents were taken in for questioning on Tuesday and their car was towed by police.

A 1990's model tan colored Mercedes Benz was towed away by the Houston Police Department just after noon Tuesday. It was towed from the home where Jonathan Foster lives with his mother and step father.

The young boy disappeared Christmas Eve from his mother's north Houston apartment.

The missing boy's parents were also driven away by HPD detectives in separate units just after the Mercedes was towed.

There was no indication the parents were taken into custody.

At a press conference Tuesday afternoon, police said a child's burned body found in northeast Harris County could not be confirmed to be the child because it was too badly burned.

When asked why it took three days for an Amber Alert to be issued in the case, police said it was because they didn't feel they were getting the full story behind the child's disappearance.

Meanwhile, volunteers from Texas Equusearch appear to be in standby mode until they hear word from detectives on the case.

Foster weighs about 100 pounds, red hair, has an overbite, and was last seen wearing a tan colored shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call Houston Police Homicide at 713-308-3600.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101227-parents-questioned-over-12-year-olds-disappearance
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Police unsure if body found in ditch is missing boy
Houston police say the search continues for a missing 12-year-old boy last seen on Christmas Eve as officials work to identify a small child whose badly burned body was discovered early this morning in northeast Houston.
Police say a passerby discovered the body at 9:28 a.m. near a culvert in the 1500 block of Schilder near East Hardy Toll Road.
HPD investigator Leslie Martinez said the child was about 3 feet tall. Police believe the body was burned elsewhere and dumped there. The body was found at the end of a shallow ditch along the roadway between two large buildings. There were no signs of fire around the ditch.
Officials say the body was so badly burned they can’t determine the child’s gender. The discovery sparked speculation that it was Jonathan Foster, who was last seen at a north Houston apartment complex Friday afternoon. Jonathan lived at the Villa Nueva Apartments, in the 800 block of Oak, near Shepherd and 43rd.
Police issued an Amber Alert for Jonathan late Monday. The boy’s mother told police she last saw him at about 1:45 p.m. She reported him missing at about 9:30 p.m., said Sgt. Stuart Harris of HPD’s Missing Persons Unit.
The boy lives with his mother and stepfather at the complex. Other relatives live within walking distance and he would often spend time at their homes, Harris said.
HPD spokesman Kese Smith today said police cannot say if the two cases are connected until the medical examiner’s office identifies the body. Until an identification is made, Smith said police will continue searching for Jonathan.
"They are pursuing every lead they have," Smith said about investigators.
Jonathon’s grandmother, Mary Gifford, said today that she’s confident the boy will be reunited with his family.
"I believe he’s out there, I believe he’ll be found," she said. "Whoever has got him, let him go."
Asked what she would like to say to the child, Gifford replied, "Little fellow, I love you, hang in there, don’t give up, we’re looking for you."
Gifford, clutching a stuffed animal that she said belonged to her grandson, then got into a police vehicle that drove away.
Equusearch founder Tim Miller said this afternoon that volunteers are going back out today to look for areas that might have been burned.
Jonathan, who has a visible overbite, was wearing blue jeans, white sneakers with a red stripe, a tan T-shirt with a guitar printed on it and zip-up gray hoodie-type jacket. Details about how he went missing were not available.
Jonathan has red or auburn hair and blue eyes. He is 4 feet 8 inches to 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.
Anyone who has seen Jonathan or knows his whereabouts should call HPD at 713-731-5223 or Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.
dale.lezon@chron.com

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:10 pm

This is horrible! Thank you for the updates. I don't like that they've taken the parent's vehicle in, hopefully it is just to eliminate them as suspects.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 pm

I've got a bad vibe about this one. I think it is about to break open. Of course, I think it is better if it is resolved soon.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Is it just the reporting or is his mother giving two different stories about the odd phone calls?

So there were two dead bodies found in that area today. Are there any other missing children in the area?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Child's Burned Body Found In Ditch
Cause Of Person's Death Not Released

POSTED: Tuesday, December 28, 2010
UPDATED: 3:13 pm CST December 28, 2010
KPRC - Houston, TX

HOUSTON -- A child's body was found in a Northeast Houston ditch on Tuesday.

Houston police said they got a call about a burned body in the 8900 block of East Hardy Road about 9:30 a.m.

Detectives said the body was that of a small child, about 3 feet tall.

The body was burned at another location and dumped there, police said.

Investigators said there were no clothes on the body, and they may have also been burned.

The person's identity and the cause of death have not been released.

Read more: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26299702/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

On our 4 p.m. news, KPRC reporters stated a child's body was found in an industrial area in northeast Houston on Hardy Road.

The body is burned beyond recognition and the gender can not be determined at this time. The body has been taken to the Medical Examiner's Office and tests will be expedited. It is expected it will be two weeks before gender can be determined.

HPD said the body was burned elsewhere and dumped where it was found. The scene has been cleared.

HPD does not know if it is Jonathan Foster. His parents have been taken in for additional questioning.

Hopefully, there will be a video up soon.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Yeah, I noticed the difference in the stories of the phone calls the mother receieved, too. I'm not getting a good feeling about this one, either.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:36 pm

I read somewhere a comment about a missing 4yo in the area. I wondered if that might be more appropriate for the size. It breaks my heart that any human, especially a child, would have to endure that kind of thing.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Search goes on for missing 12-year-old boy

Updated at 06:00 PM today
KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search continued today for a young boy who disappeared on Christmas Eve.

Jonathan Foster, 12, was last seen Friday afternoon at the north Houston apartment complex where he lives with his mother and stepfather.

An Amber Alert is in effect and Texas Equusearch is now involved in the search.

Tuesday was another agonizing day for Jonathan's family. Mary Gifford, Jonathan's maternal grandmother, sat down with us only seconds before she received a call. GIfford wouldn't say who called, but she left immediately.

A few minutes later, we saw Gifford with her daughter, Angela Davis, at Davis' apartment off North Shepherd. This is where Davis lvied with her son, Jonathan, and his stepfather, David Davis. Houston police towed a Mercedes we found registered to a David Davis. However, neither the family nor police would say to whom the car belongs.

Meanwhile, less than five miles away off East Hardy, police were investigating a gruesome discovery. A body believed to be a child was found.

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001
~~~~~~~
Informative video and article!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:46 pm

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26304046/index.html
KPRC Houston, TX 12-28-10

Child Found Dead In Ditch

Dec. 28, 2010: A child's burned body is found in a Northeast Houston ditch. Police are trying to determine if it's missing 12-year-old Jonathan Foster. Nefertiti Jaquez reports.

~~~~~~~
This video shows the exact spot where the burned body of a child was found earlier today.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Police unsure if body found in ditch is missing boy

By LINDSAY WISE and DALE LEZON
Copyright 2010 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Houston, TX
Dec. 28, 2010, 6:03PM

Houston police say the search continues for a missing 12-year-old boy last seen on Christmas Eve as officials work to identify a small child whose badly burned body was discovered early this morning in northeast Houston.

Police say a passerby discovered the body at 9:28 a.m. near a culvert in the 1500 block of Schilder near East Hardy Toll Road.

Police believe the body was burned elsewhere and dumped there. The body was found at the end of a shallow ditch along the roadway between two large buildings. There were no signs of fire around the ditch.

Officials say the body was so badly burned they can’t determine the child’s gender. The discovery sparked speculation that it was Jonathan Foster, who was last seen at a north Houston apartment complex Friday afternoon. Jonathan lived at the Villa Nueva Apartments, in the 800 block of Oak, near Shepherd and 43rd.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
~~~~~~~~~

This article includes the Q & A video with HPD Lt. Martinez.
It is under Resources on the left side of the article.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Nancy Grace Show, Jean Cesnares (sp?) host, is on now and the Jonathan Foster case is being discussed.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Wow. Bad day for Houston-a child's body found badly burned, another body found in a nearby bayou, and a newborn discovered dead in a dumpster. And two children missing-Jonathan and a little girl, Ali Lowitzer (when she went missing, IDK).

What is this I hear? It took 7 hours before the mother called 911 after the odd phone calls? That has to be wrong info if the dad saw Jonathan just shortly before mom came home. If those calls were made from the missing portable phone then it couldn't have been far from the home.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm

HPD defends Amber Alert delay for missing 12-year-old boy

Posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM
KHOU - Houston, TX

HOUSTON – Investigators waited three days to issue an Amber Alert following the disappearance of a 12-year-old boy because of conflicting stories from the boy’s parents, police said Tuesday.

"Until we were able to narrow down and confirm that an abduction had taken place, we couldn't issue one," said Kese Smith, an HPD spokesman.

Jonathan Foster was last seen by his stepfather around 1:45 p.m. Friday, police said. His mother reported him missing around 9:30 that night.

It’s unclear why it took so long for his parents to alert the authorities, but police still waited until Monday afternoon to issue the alert.

According to Smith, police must follow certain criteria – or there’s a danger that too many Amber Alerts may be issued and the public might ignore them.

Read more: http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html
~~~~~~~~
Video & Article
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Parents, baby sitter questioned in 12-year-old boy’s disappearance

Posted on December 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM
Updated today at 7:25 PM
KHOU - Houston, TX

HOUSTON -- The mother, stepfather and baby sitter of a missing 12-year-old Houston boy were being questioned by police on Tuesday evening.

A car belonging to Jonathon Foster’s stepfather was also taken into police custody.

Jonathon was last seen by his stepfather around 1:45 p.m. on Christmas Eve, police said. A few minutes later, Jonathon's mother received a mysterious phone call at work, said Jonathon’s grandmother Mary Gifford.

"Someone called and said it was an emergency," said Gifford. "But by the time she picked up the phone, no one was there."

Jonathon's mother reported him missing around 9:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve.

Read more: http://www.khou.com/home/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html
~~~~~~
Video & Article
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Sherry wrote:Wow. Bad day for Houston-a child's body found badly burned, another body found in a nearby bayou, and a newborn discovered dead in a dumpster. And two children missing-Jonathan and a little girl, Ali Lowitzer (when she went missing, IDK).

What is this I hear? It took 7 hours before the mother called 911 after the odd phone calls? That has to be wrong info if the dad saw Jonathan just shortly before mom came home. If those calls were made from the missing portable phone then it couldn't have been far from the home.
Hi, Sherry! There is a thread about Ali Lowitzeer here at Reality Chatter. Ali is a teenager and has been missing since spring. She is from Spring, Texas which is just north of Houston. Her thread is current with updates.

Angela Davis, the mother of Jonathan Foster, was at work when she claims she received two telephone calls. It was about the time Jonathan was reportedly seen around 1:45 p.m.

As this story unfolded, there was conflicting info being reported. The most recent story is that Jonathan was at home playing video games. His stepfather stepped out for about 25 minutes and when he returned Jonathan was gone.

Local Houston news media are reporting that a 911 call was made by the mother to HPD (Houston Police Dept.) at 9:30 p.m.

There have been conflicting stories told to HPD initially by the family.

This story is ever changing. Initially, it was reported that Jonathan was at his nearby babysitter and went to his home to get a video game. Apparently, that is not true.

I guess this will be a wait and see. Per local media, the mom, stepdad and babysitter did not attend the Candlelight Vigil for Jonathan tonight because they are in downtown Houston at HPD being questioned.

It appears it really is an ever changing story. All of the aforementioned may be subject to change. I guess it is a wait and see.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Source: Burned body believed to be missing boy

Updated at 09:22 PM today
KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A burned body found in northeast Houston is believed to be that of a 12-year-old boy missing since Christmas Eve, according to a police source.

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Parents Questioned Over 12-Year-Old's Disappearance

Updated: Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010, 6:55 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010, 1:48 PM CST

Fox26 - Houston, TX

HOUSTON - The investigation into the disappearance of a 12-year-old boy is intensifying. Both of his parents were taken in for questioning on Tuesday and their car was towed by police.

A 1990's model tan colored Mercedes Benz was towed away by the Houston Police Department just after noon Tuesday. It was towed from the home where Jonathan Foster lives with his mother and step father.

The young boy disappeared Christmas Eve from his mother's north Houston apartment. His mother says when she last called the house an unknown woman with a raspy voice picked up the phone then hung up.

The missing boy's parents were driven away by HPD detectives in separate units just after the Mercedes was towed.

There was no indication the parents were taken into custody.

Read more:
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101227-parents-questioned-over-12-year-olds-disappearance
~~~~~~
Video & Article
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks Ann, I've been reading all your posts on this today.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:20 pm

RE: Jonathan Foster

Just saw the update on our local 10 p.m. Houston news (KTRK - ABC). A reporter made her report from HPD in downtown Houston.

She said an HPD source has said the burned body found is that of Jonathan Foster. The mother and stepfather are still being questioned at HPD.

She said HPD will have to wait until they get the Medical Examiner's report to officially say the body is that of Foster.

Hopefully, at least part of the video or all of it will be posted soon! When it is, I'll post the Link.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 pm

That's too bad! Sad

Thanks Ann.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 pm

You welcome, Julie.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:51 pm

I've been reading the comments of the news stories you've provided, Ann-Tx. Jonathan's Uncle Glenn who took care of him for four years has commented and he is sorry that he let Jonathan go to his mother's who then gave him to his mother, her daughter, just last month. He even said his sister was lying so much that no one knows what the truth is. His wife, Renee, has no good thing to say about the new husband of Jonathan's mother-she refuses to call him the stepfather. This does not look like a good outcome. If the burned body is Jonathan's, then methinks one of the parents confessed to doing him harm.

Sad
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 am

Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:15 am

Source: Body believed to be that of missing boy

By LINDSAY WISE and PAIGE HEWITT
Houston, TX
Dec. 28, 2010, 9:52PM CST

Minutes after Mary Gifford learned that a child's body had been found in a northeast Houston ditch Tuesday, she clutched a stuffed animal that belonged to her missing 12-year-old grandson and swore she'd give it to him when he came home, safe and sound.

"I believe he's out there, I believe he'll be found," Gifford said, hugging the little gray-and-black toy raccoon.

But hopes faded Tuesday that Jonathan Foster — a red-headed fifth-grader at Durham Elementary who loves baseball and tree-climbing - will be found alive.

Pending the official notification from the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, Jonathan's family has been prepared for the possibility that the body in the ditch is his, and all indications are that it is, a police source said.

The badly burned body was found half-stuffed inside a culvert outside Rolled Alloys offices at East Hardy and Schilder Drive.

No signs of a fire were near the culvert, indicating that the child had been burned elsewhere and his body taken to the culvert.

"The finding of the body kind of confirmed our worst fears," said Sgt. Brian Harris of Houston Police Department's homicide division.

Police questioned Jonathan's mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis, overnight Monday and spent hours sorting through conflicting statements from family members, neighbors and friends to establish a timeline for Jonathan's disappearance on Christmas Eve, Harris said.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 am

Hi, Sherry!

Thanks for the info.

Per one of our local Houston media sources, the reporter was at HPD which is located in downtown Houston. As of 10:30 p.m. CST, it was reported Angela Davis and David Davis (mom and stepfather) were still being questioned.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 am

Sad Crying or Very sad
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 am

YW, Ann-Tx and many thanks for your links and keeping us informed on what is going on. I need to call it a night and yet, I keep hoping some sort of news will come in about him. Then again, I don't know if I want to hear any news but good and this just isn't looking like a good news ending. not fair
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:39 am

Officials: Burned Body Could Be Missing Boy
Boy's parents, babysitter being questioned by HPD

Steve Mark
KIAH - Houston, TX

December 28, 2010

HOUSTON — Tuesday brought possible new developments in the case of a missing 12-year-old boy from northwest Houston.

A child's body was found Tuesday, burned beyond recognition, and medical examiners were working to try to find out if the body is that of Jonathan Foster.

A vigil was also held in the child's honor tonight with some of his family members holding out hope that he will be found alive.

Those hopes dashed early this morning when the burned body was found in a ditch off the Hardy Toll Road near Tidwell in northeast Houston.

Texas Equusearch organizers and volunteers suspended their search for Jonathan when they heard about the discovery of the body. It was burned so badly that the person who found it thought it was charred debris.

Read more: http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-missing-boy-and-burned-body-story,0,2652951.story
~~~~~~~
Video and article (The reporter is reporting from downtown Houston in front of HPD)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 am

Thank you for all of the updates. Tragic, just tragic.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 am

So heartbreaking! I can't even comprehend why anyone would ever do such a thing.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 am

I forgot to say last night that Uncle Glenn will be on Nancy Grace tonight, so he said.

Also, there were two businesses where the burned body was found with video surveillence that LE was going to look at. I hope that something is clearly seen in them since it would be quite a distance.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 am

I hope they see something.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Suspect Questioned About 12-Year-Old's Disappearance
Jonathan Foster Missing Since Christmas Eve

POSTED: Wednesday, December 29, 2010
UPDATED: 11:09 am CST December 29, 2010

HOUSTON -- A source close to the investigation of the disappearance of a 12-year-boy said Wednesday that a woman has been arrested in connection with the case.

Jonathan Foster has been missing since Christmas Eve. Houston police said they believe he was kidnapped. He was last seen at his home next door to the Villanueva Apartments in the 800 block of Oak Street.

An Amber Alert was issued on Monday.

Detectives have spent Wednesday interviewing the woman, who is considered to be a suspect. Her name has not been released. It is not clear what crime she might be charged with.

The woman was arrested in the neighborhood where Jonathan was last seen.

Read more:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26308627/detail.html

Last edited by Piper on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 pm

View video:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26312243/index.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 pm

This is just so horrible, it's another that I just have a hard time wrappin my mind around.

Ann-TX, I've been following all of your updates on this. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in. Do you ever sleep?

All of our Angels are very lucky to have voices like yours, Piper, J4A, et. al. speaking out for them.

Again, thank you all!
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks KB, and thanks to all that keep us updated!

A new article: It's a close family friend, no name released yet

Source: Arrest made in case of missing boy
By LINDSAY WISE and PAIGE HEWITT
Dec. 29, 2010, 1:20PM

UPDATE: A close family friend has been arrested and is expected to be charged with the kidnapping and murder of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, a police source close to the investigation said today.

The woman, whose name has not been released, was arrested this morning at her home, the source said.

A break in the case came when a vehicle that "was very identifiable as her vehicle" was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the ditch where a body believed to be Jonathan’s was found in the 9900 block of East Hardy on Tuesday.

Read more:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm glad there was surveillance video and they were able to identify the car.

But again, why? Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 pm

...a woman arrested for the kidnapping and murder....??? Sad
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next