Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Sandusky Trial

+30
CherokeeNative
sitemama
angiefly2
snowbird
ClaireUncensored
Gizmo711
Starzinmyeyes2
justanopinion
khintx
Weeziethm
ishi
shyloh
Moosiesmama
rferg2001
Justice4all
back2back19
Chickenbutt
Willow123
KZ
One Wonders
Freckles
nanshin
tesstruhart
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
Alessandra_Deux
Julie
FystyAngel
Estee
Ann - Tx
34 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Jerry Sandusky Trial - Page 19 Empty Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Alleged victim 8 is the individual that was seen in a shower with Sandusky by a janitor. The testimony regarding this incident was hearsay evidence related by a man named Petrosky, another janitor who related what he said the other janitor (Calhoun) told him he saw. Calhoun could not take the stand because he has dementia.

The jury has been instructed that the statement by Calhoun is not sufficient along to sustain a conviction. Jurors must be satisfied that there is other evidence besides Calhoun's hearsay statement. There must be other evidence that a crime has been committed.
by WGAL 2:44 PM
There is a re-reading of the charge – it relates to counts 36 to 40 – alleged victim 8.
by WGAL 2:41 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYMKon2d
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:52 pm

ClaireUncensored wrote:
snowbird wrote:
I am glad I am not the only one that is sicken by his smiles. I heard durning closing he was smiling also does he thinks he has this in the bag because he was a loved Penn State coach.
B&I by me
No, you're not alone. I can't believe he doesn't realize what he ruined. I don't know if Penn State will just pop back up considering the investigation is on-going, besides JS actions -- the people who covered for him seems to keep growing and should be held accountable. He is no longer the beloved Penn State Coach. He WAS. Didn't he alone bring down his own charity? Bam. No more donations. Can you even imagine what these parents are thinking now? Going years back? Shocked

In his mind I guess he doesn't believe he did anything wrong. Honestly, I don't understand the way that works. You can explain it to me all day long, but I just can't unscramble how anyone thinks what he did can be justified. He knows right and he knows wrong. And so does Dottie. She didn't want to give up her place, her status in that small community. JMO of course. (I would like to hear from all of their children when/if they feel they can tell what it was really like in the Sandusky household.) ~~C

Clipped: " I can't believe he doesn't realize what he ruined"

He doesn't CARE. It is NOT about how others feel. It is ONLY about how HE feels.
He understands his behavior is NOT acceptable but he does NOT care. He lacks the ability to have compassion for the feelings of others. Yes, he IS mentally ill BUT he is capable of understanding and obeying the laws so he COULD fit in with society IF he determine he WANTED to . Not yelling but just trying so hard to explain how this perverted mind of his works. Stop trying to make him care. You never will. He is NOT like the majority of the other people in our society. He IS like @20% of the people out there who are sociopaths. (Not all sociopaths are sexual abusers but most sexual abusers are sociopaths--- they ONLY care about what will benefit them at that moment.)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Listening to radio news. The tension is such in the court room there is speculation the jury WILL bring in a verdict today so they may go home for week end. Dunno.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
snowbird wrote:I have notice with other pictures she doesn't walk next to him. She walks to the front or way to the side. I had though that was strange to because their doesn't appear to be the closeness.

I agree with your observations.
It was reported earlier this week Dottie had been messaging his neck/shoulder muscles after court or during a recess.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 pm

So since the questions are about the excited utterance and the judge says that alone cannot support a guilty...is this bad news for pros.?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm

I think I'm confused....its hard being me sometimes Jerry Sandusky Trial - Page 19 80578
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:07 pm

attorneys back into chambers now according to Vinnie
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm

tesstruhart wrote:So since the questions are about the excited utterance and the judge says that alone cannot support a guilty...is this bad news for pros.?

They have to consider all the charges, they have to go through 48 counts.

I am being cautiously optimistic. winks
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

That's good, if they were on victim #2 this morning with the re-reading of testimony, maybe they are going in order & now on #8, and there could be a verdict today... that would be great. i do think that these 2 victims who weren't there to testify are the hardest decisions for them, the others should be easier to decide - the jury either found them credible or not.
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:39 pm

I agree, I am going back and forth from thinking that its good news to being depressed because they can't convict....I feel very dizzy right now.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I agree, I am going back and forth from thinking that its good news to being depressed because they can't convict....I feel very dizzy right now.

Patience is not one of my assets Very Happy.

I can't wait for the jury to return a verdict, I hope they find him guilty, I don't want him to have the opportunity to continue to "groom" and sexually abuse vulnerable little boys.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Jury,
Please bring a verdict of GUILTY to these young men and most likely countless others who suffered at the hands of this POS.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:56 pm

IS twitter says jury has ordered dinner.

I now have high hopes for this jury too.
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

summerthyme wrote:IS twitter says jury has ordered dinner.

I now have high hopes for this jury too.

They are working so very hard. Prayers to this jury to find a just verdict. Jerry Sandusky Trial - Page 19 88030
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Jerry Sandusky verdict: Jurors ask for clarification in case of alleged Victim 8

Published: Friday, June 22, 2012, 3:50 PM Updated: Friday, June 22, 2012, 3:52 PM

By SARA GANIM, The Patriot

BELLEFONTE -- Jurors asked a question relating to the case of alleged Victim 8 at about 2:45 pm in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case. Jurors are in their second day of deliberations.

In the Victim 8 case, a janitor testified he saw Sandusky grab a young boy's hand as he left the coaches' locker room one night in 2000, and his colleague who had been in the locker room cleaning became very upset, saying he saw a "dirty man" licking the boy's privates.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_jurors_as.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm

VinniePolitan #Sandusky jury taking a dinner break at 6:30...
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Legal experts: No quick verdict doesn't necessarily suggest acquittal for Jerry Sandusky

Published: June 22, 2012 Updated 9 hours ago

By Curtis Tate and Jessica VanderKolk — State College - Centre Daily Times

Two defense attorneys who earlier predicted that the jury in the Jerry Sandusky trial would reach a verdict within hours both said late Thursday that jurors likely hit a snag over what Mike McQueary saw in the shower.

But Gunner Gleason, a veteran defense attorney in Cambria County, said that the outcome of the trial doesn’t hinge on McQueary’s testimony alone, and predicted that jurors will convict Sandusky on most of the charges against him.

“If he wins one and loses nine, it’s not going to make a difference regarding his future,” Gleason said of Sandusky, adding that a conviction in a “sizable majority” of the cases would be tantamount to a life sentence.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/22/3238068/experts-jury-may-not-be-headed.html#storylink=cpy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Sandusky lawyer: I would be shocked by acquittal

By The Associated Press
Published: June 22, 2012
Updated: June 22, 2012 - 7:00 PM

BELLEFONTE, Pa. --
Jerry Sandusky's lawyer said Friday that he would be shocked and “die of a heart attack” if the ex-Penn State assistant football coach were acquitted on all counts.

The candid remarks by Joe Amendola lasted about 15 minutes inside the courtroom where Sandusky's trial began on June 11, but opened a wide window into the Sandusky's world as they waited for a verdict.

Sandusky is accused of sexually abusing 10 boys over a 15-year period. Jurors have deliberated more than 17 hours since getting the case on Thursday and were still talking Friday evening.

Amendola said Sandusky and his wife, Dottie, were spending a lot of time praying. He described the atmosphere at their home as like a funeral.

The couple was “crushed” by a statement Thursday from lawyers for one of their sons, Matt Sandusky, that said the 33-year-old had been prepared to testify on behalf of prosecutors, Amendola said. Matt Sandusky said his father abused him, the attorneys said.

Read more:
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/jun/22/1/sandusky-jury-deliberations-enter-second-day-ar-419173/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:10 pm

all i can say is.... WOW! Shocked

his own lawer knows he's guilty and makes a public statement about it? That only confirms what we've all been thinking - he is guilty, guilty, guilty!
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Is the jury going to deliberate tomorrow?
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:Is the jury going to deliberate tomorrow?

Jean Casarez said that she believes that the jury will deliberate over the weekend because they are sequestered.

It is 8:53 p.m. in Pennsylvania right now. I don't know if the jury is done for the day. If I find any information, i will posted here.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Moosiesmama wrote:Is the jury going to deliberate tomorrow?

Jean Casarez said that she believes that the jury will deliberate over the weekend because they are sequestered.

It is 8:53 p.m. in Pennsylvania right now. I don't know if the jury is done for the day. If I find any information, i will posted here.

Thanks so much, Alessandra.....group hug!!!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 pm

For 12 jurors deliberating Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case, no TV, Twitter or technology

By Associated Press, Published: June 22

There’s no Twitter, Facebook or radio. Smartphones, iPads or laptops? No way. The phones and clock radios were removed and the televisions disconnected in from their hotel rooms.

The 12 jurors deliberating the child molestation charges against former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in the Pennsylvania town of Bellefonte have been sequestered and are essentially under a communications blackout.

Read more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/for-12-jurors-deliberating-jerry-sandusky-child-sex-abuse-case-no-tv-twitter-or-technology/2012/06/22/gJQAy8WBwV_story.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Thanks so much, Alessandra.....group hug!!!

Thank you!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 pm

A verdict has been reached and court will convene about 9:50 Eastern Time.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Jerry Sandusky Trial - Page 19 11223364-large

Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly enters the Centre County courthouse around 7:30 pm as the second day of jury deliberation in the Jerry Sandusky case on child molestation charges continues. JOE HERMITT, The Patriot-News
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Justice4all wrote:A verdict has been reached and court will convene about 9:50 Eastern Time.

Thank you, J4A!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Do we know if CNN Live will air it live? Or any online station?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Justice4all wrote:A verdict has been reached and court will convene about 9:50 Eastern Time.

Thank you, J4A!

Thank you!!!! Please please be guilty!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

NancyGraceHLN A VERDICT IS IN in the Jerry Sandusky trial. I'll be live at 10pmET w/the verdict #SanduskyVerdict #sandusky
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Maybe here for live airing of the verdict

http://wnep.com/2012/06/21/waiting-for-a-verdict/
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

datelinenbc RT @NBCNews Verdict has been reached in Jerry #Sandusky trial; to be read in less than 20 minutes. Watch local @NBCNews station #Dateline
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

No, maybe not there.....That was a report from yesterday
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:45 pm

bobkealing No, cameras in court not allowed“@wbostelman: @bobkealing Will the verdict be read on live tv?”

bobkealing High stakes/visibility case“@Nan426: @bobkealing Why would AG Linda Kelly be there”
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 pm

it's on CNN live
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Jerry Sandusky jury reaches verdict; courtroom closed until all 48 counts are read

By Dan Wetzel

By Dan Wetzel | Yahoo! Sports – 7 minutes ago

.BELLEFONTE, Pa. – A jury has informed Judge John Cleland it has reached a verdict on the 48 counts of child sex abuse against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Judge Cleland earlier issued a ruling banning those in the Centre County, Pa., courtroom from communicating the verdict to anyone outside the courtroom until all 48 counts are read and court is adjourned.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-verdict-reached-child-sex-abuse.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Here is a reminder on the quickest way to read new posts on this page.

Go to the top right where it says:

Page 19 of 19 • Share • Actions

Click Actions, then click View posts since last visit. Then click the small orange box with arrow to the left of Jerry Sandusky Trial and it will take you to the newest unread post.

To get to the top of the page quickly, you can click the up arrow in any post.

If you don't want to get a new post notification everytime you post, go to your profile, then preferences, then go down to Display a notification when new replies are written :, select no, then go to the bottom and click save.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Thank you for the CNN Live notice.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 pm

someone please provide play by play of the verdict reports - i am with my kids and don't want them to hear all the horrible charges so i'm depending on y'all to feed me info! Thank you!!

praying for guilty on at least 1/2 the charges!! he deserves all, from what i heard about evidence and testimony
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm so nervous. Will he be taken immediately to jail if he is found guilty?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm

My CNN is showing end of stream but I still have audio
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Tess, depends on what he is found guilty of....felonies then prob yes...
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I'm so nervous. Will he be taken immediately to jail if he is found guilty?

He might be.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm watching it on HLN & just waiting for the verdict...
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

This is on foxnews right now
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

SANDUSKY VERDICT IS IN

By Kimberly Kaplan, NBC News, and M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com

Updated at 9:42 p.m. ET:

snipped:

It could be quite some time before the verdict is actually known, however. Under rules set down by the judge, no one may enter or leave the courtroom or send any communications until all the counts have been dispensed with, the jury has been dismissed and court has adjourned.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/22/12363955-sandusky-verdict-is-in?lite

Last edited by Julie on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:I'm so nervous. Will he be taken immediately to jail if he is found guilty?

He might be.

I certainly hope so.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

No video on CNN, but still have audio
Chickenbutt