Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

+12
hello clarice
colsnipe
tesstruhart
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
Weeziethm
olivier57
Nan11
ishi
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
Justice4all
16 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Judge mulls lengthy list of motions in doctor's murder case

By Pat Reavy, Deseret News
Published: Monday, Sept. 30 2013 6:58 p.m. MDT
Updated: 2 hours ago

PROVO — With the monthlong trial of a Utah County doctor accused of murdering his wife just two weeks away, a 4th District judge began ruling on a litany of pretrial motions Monday.

~Snipped~

In one of the rulings Monday, 4th District Judge Derek Pullen denied a state motion to keep CNN and other television cameras out of the courtroom. The judge, however, agreed that two people — referred to as "Inmate 1" and "Inmate 2" — may not be photographed and can only be addressed by those two names in opening and closing statements. The ruling was made to protect the witnesses who will reportedly testify about statements MacNeill made while incarcerated in federal prison on other charges.

The court, however, denied CNN's request to release sealed documents. But the court did say the news network could resubmit motions specifically indicating which documents they want unsealed.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865587400/Judge-mulls-lengthy-list-of-motions-in-doctors-murder-case.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 Empty Re: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder

Post by One Wonders Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

Thank you so much for putting this case up to follow here.
This guys is a fraud if I've ever seen one.
This case will be full of twists and turns & I love these kinds of cases.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 pm

A new Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700088382/Martin-MacNeill-Was-his-wife-Micheles-death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=all

I haven't read yet but hoping it has many of the allegations that are in the affidavit. Well I hope a link to the affidavit is in it, lol.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Whoa...
From above link:

" ... The woman claimed he also told her he'd killed his brother, Roy MacNeill, who "had repeatedly attempted suicide for attention, and had become an 'embarrassment.' He claimed he found his brother in the tub and that both of his wrists were bleeding in an apparent suicide attempt. Martin told (the woman) that he pushed the head of his brother under the water and drowned him," the affidavit states.

The Utah County Attorney's Office confirmed Roy MacNeill was found dead in the family home when the family lived in New Jersey.

However, at his wife's funeral, Martin said his mother found Roy deceased with a needle still in his arm. "Ten nickel bags were his ticket out," Martin said during the funeral.

He also told those at the church service that his oldest brother "drank himself senseless," had a stroke at age 50 and died 20 years later in a nursing home. Another brother died in 2006, but his body was ravaged from years of booze and heroin, he said. Another brother took his own life just two months before Michele died. A sister died in her early 20s after strangling herself.

His only living sibling, a sister, declined requests to be interviewed.

"MacNeill has a whole history of people dying around him," Witney said....."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700088382/Martin-MacNeill-Was-his-wife-Micheles-death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=all
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:16 pm

This is the most incredible story I have ever read!
Blessings to Alexis and may she continue with her courage and be strong in her days ahead.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Freckles wrote:This is the most incredible story I have ever read!
Blessings to Alexis and may she continue with her courage and be strong in her days ahead.

I agree, Freckles!  I just finished reading all these articles, and this guy sounds like a combination of Drew Peterson, the character in the movie "Catch Me if You Can", with all the lies and deceit of a Jodi Arias.

Thank goodness her children and family were so persistent with authorities to pursue this case.

This is a must-watch trial for me!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

20/20 7/13: Life of Lies

What happened to a mother of eight, doctor's wife Michele MacNeill?
Aired 07/13/12

There's no way I can find to embed this video, so go here to watch this episode of 20/20 (this seems more complete than the other ones posted here):

http://watchabc.go.com/2020/SH559026/VD55219100/2020-713-life-of-lies

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 am

CP
I hope this trial is televised.
I can't fathom someone so blatantly cruel, mean, self-serving.
To adopt a child and then dump the child back into a country where she has NO ties... and then steal her name? Wow. This is a new low.

Blessings to Alexis and her sibs.
Courage and strength and determination to be right in the days and years ahead.
I would send them each a huge teddy-bear just to hug ....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
20/20 7/13: Life of Lies

What happened to a mother of eight, doctor's wife Michele MacNeill?
Aired 07/13/12

There's no way I can find to embed this video, so go here to watch this episode of 20/20:

http://watchabc.go.com/2020/SH559026/VD55219100/2020-713-life-of-lies
Thanks. Cool 
This case is so frighteningly cold and calloused... Shocked 
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:28 am

Freckles wrote:CP
To adopt a child and then dump the child back into a country where she has NO ties... and then steal her name?  Wow. This is a new low.

Apparently, the judge has already ruled that it CAN be televised; but there are two witnesses who cannot be shown (inmates that will testify that MacNeill confessed to them).  Read more here:  http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/09/30/judge-opens-doctor-s-provo-murder-trial-tv-coverage

I know!  This whole case is a set of new lows!

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed grammatical error)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:05 am

Judge begins ruling on motions in doctor's murder case

October 1st, 2013 @ 7:30am

Snipped:
-----
PROVO — With the monthlong trial of a Utah County doctor accused of murdering his wife just two weeks away, a 4th District judge began ruling on a litany of pretrial motions Monday.

A defense motion to "exclude improper comments" during opening and closing arguments was approved. The defense is concerned that prosecutors will make comments that will "invoke the jury's passions."

In their motion, the defense requested that comments from the state — such as asking the jurors to put themselves in Michele MacNeill's place, or references about MacNeill never seeing her children again or what she would say if she were alive — not be allowed.
Enlarge image
Martin and Michele MacNeill (Photo: Family photo)

Furthermore, the defense requested that prosecutors not "make comments about the immorality of (Martin) MacNeill having an affair with Gypsy," according to court documents.

The judge further ruled that the state cannot refer to Michele MacNeill as a "victim" during the trial, KSTU reported.
-----

Read more:  http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27069685&nid=960&s_cid=rss-extlink
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:15 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:

Snipped:
-----

A defense motion to "exclude improper comments" during opening and closing arguments was approved. The defense is concerned that prosecutors will make comments that will "invoke the jury's passions."

In their motion, the defense requested that comments from the state — such as asking the jurors to put themselves in Michele MacNeill's place, or references about MacNeill never seeing her children again or what she would say if she were alive — not be allowed.
Enlarge image

Furthermore, the defense requested that prosecutors not "make comments about the immorality of (Martin) MacNeill having an affair with Gypsy," according to court documents.

The judge further ruled that the state cannot refer to Michele MacNeill as a "victim" during the trial, KSTU reported.
-----

This is the kind of stuff that just doesn't make sense to me. Not to refer to the victim as a victim??? WTH??? If that's the case I refer to her as the "murdered wife of this defendant".
There is a lot of stuff that the jury will not know about this fraudulent POS and it makes me mad cuz I know good and well that the defense will drag the "murdered wife of the defendant" through the mud with made up lies to make her look like a drug addicted, immoral tramp who didn't care about anybody but herself and drugs. Uugghhh!
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:48 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
To adopt a child and then dump the child back into a country where she has NO ties... and then steal her name?  Wow. This is a new low.

Apparently, the judge has already ruled that it CAN be televised; but there are two witnesses who cannot be shown (inmates that will testify that MacNeill confessed to them).  Read more here:  http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/09/30/judge-opens-doctor-s-provo-murder-trial-tv-coverage

I know!  This whole case is a set of new lows!
geek 
Read this will be televised.
It will be the first one televised from Utah.
Trial starts Oct. 15 and is expected to run 5 weeks...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:50 pm

CP
Re the prosecution NOT commenting on the affair he had with Gypsy, that is BS! IF it had not been for that very long affair, Michele might still be alive today. Even HER family says that!!!

Hope the evidence from phone records, nanny "hire" etc., can be entered into testimony....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:13 pm

One Wonders wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

Snipped:
-----

Enlarge image

-----

This is the kind of stuff that just doesn't make sense to me. Not to refer to the victim as a victim??? WTH??? If that's the case I refer to her as the "murdered wife of this defendant".
There is a lot of stuff that the jury will not know about this fraudulent POS and it makes me mad cuz I know good and well that the defense will drag the "murdered wife of the defendant" through the mud with made up lies to make her look like a drug addicted, immoral tramp who didn't care about anybody but herself and drugs. Uugghhh!
I hear you, One, and I agree that she is a victim.  But I also understand why they don't want her to be referred to as a victim; because her death was not ruled as a homicide. If it had been ruled a homicide, I don't think the judge would have ruled that way.

I think it's going to be up to the jury to determine if she was, indeed, murdered (shades of Caylee Anthony cross my mind where there was no hard proof that Caylee was murdered; let's hope we don't get the same outcome, as there's plenty of evidence that he wanted her dead).
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Re the prosecution NOT commenting on the affair he had with Gypsy, that is BS!  IF it had not been for that very long affair, Michele might still be alive today. Even HER family says that!!!

Hope the evidence from phone records, nanny "hire" etc., can be entered into testimony....
I think the quote you are referring to is this one:

"Furthermore, the defense requested that prosecutors not "make comments about the immorality of (Martin) MacNeill having an affair with Gypsy," according to court documents."

I think the ruling was that they can't refer to their judgement of that relationship as immoral; not that they can't bring up the affair, but that's my interpretation of it.

To me, that affair was the motive, so I think it's totally relevant.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Martin MacNeill's Probable Cause Document:

http://localtvkstu.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/kstufox13now-com_20120825_192716.pdf
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Affidavit in Support of and Request for Search Warrant (for 8 email accounts):

http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/4/9/c498061a-b439-4e4a-a2a2-6b17c66cb080/MacNeill_Search_Warrant_03_16_2011.pdf
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Dr. Martin MacNeill: Players
09/19/2012

Martin MacNeill: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 Player-Martin-MacNeill

The defendant in this case, accused of murdering his wife, Michele MacNeill. Recently released from federal prison for fraud, he has now been re-arrested for the murder of his wife.
Michele MacNeill: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 Player-Michele-MacNeill

The former model and mother of eight children, including four adopted daughters from Ukraine. She was well-respected in her community and her church and dearly loved.

Gypsy Willis: Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 Player-Gypsy-Willis

Gypsy Jyll Willis, aka Jillian Giselle MacNeill and Jyll Wilson, is MacNeill’s mistress, with whom he was having an affair at the time of his wife’s death. After she schemed with MacNeill to use his daughter’s identity, she was convicted of identity-theft related fraud and is currently in prison. According to Linda Cluff’s blog, Gypsy also posed as MacNeill’s wife, using Michele MacNeill’s funeral date as their wedding date.

Read more:  http://wildabouttrial.com/players/dr-martin-macneill-players/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Michele's sister has her own website for this case:

http://www.martinmacneill.info/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Michele's sister has her own website for this case:

http://www.martinmacneill.info/
Wealth of info!
This is from the prelim and has Gypsy testifying:
http://martinmacneill.info/?p=655#more-655
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Nancy Grace will be covering this case tonight on her Friday Night Mysteries show.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 am

Murdering Husbands, Wade Robson and Michael Jackson

Published on Oct 1, 2013

David Pietz and Martin MacNeill are on trial for murdering their wives, and we look at the court footage of the trial along with discussion of child abuse and the trial of Wade Robson against Michael Jackson's estate alleging sexual abuse on Crime Time with guest Jim Clemente of Criminal Minds, who shares his experience as a retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico:
(BBM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sc1oAAq1_M

(Double-posted here as well as in the Nicole Pietz thread)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 am

Final pretrial hearing held in Martin MacNeill murder case

" ....PROVO -- In the final hearing before Martin MacNeill stands trial for murder a number of motions were ruled in hopes of making the extensive trial run smoothly and without interruptions.

Fourth District Judge Derek Pullan ruled that prosecutors cannot elicit opinions about whether or not MacNeill grieved appropriately or not following the death of his wife, Michele. Prosecutors may call on witnesses to describe how MacNeill acted and what they saw and heard but the decision as to whether that was appropriate grief will be left to jury. ..."

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/central/provo/final-pretrial-hearing-held-in-martin-macneill-murder-case/article_2eb3e5a5-96e9-5203-a12c-4c9c808c7fa8.html

More motions are discussed at above link.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 am

From the link Freckles posted above:

Jury selection for the trial will take place starting Oct. 15th with 120 potential jurors expected to be questioned, while opening arguments and testimony in the case is scheduled to begin Oct. 17. The five-week trial is scheduled to run through Nov. 15th.

(BBM)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 am

Attorneys gear up for Martin MacNeill murder trial

Courts » Prosecutors allege the Pleasant Grove doctor murdered his wife to continue an affair.

By Jessica Miller  | The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Oct 09 2013 12:11 pm • Updated 8 hours ago

Provo • With just a week left until Martin MacNeill’s five-week trial begins, prosecutors and defense attorneys ironed out several last minute details of what will and won’t be allowed at trial for the Pleasant Grove doctor accused of killing his wife in 2007 to continue an extra-marital affair.

~Snipped~

Defense attorney Susanne Gustin argued Tuesday that MacNeill’s youngest daughter, Ada MacNeill, should not be allowed to take the stand. The 12-year-old girl’s testimony is expected to center around when she ran into her home on April 11, 2007, to find her mother, Michele MacNeill, in the bathtub, eyes open and not moving, but fully clothed in a blue jogging suit.

Gustin argued that the child’s testimony is tainted, because her older sister, Alexis Somers, asked her questions about what the young girl remembered about the event, instead of an expert who specializes in child interviews. This was done, Gustin argued, at the direction of Utah County Attorney’s Office prosecutors.

~Snipped~

Judge Derek Pullan did not rule on the issue, but asked that Somers and the two investigators take the stand first during the trial, so they could be questioned under oath about how Ada was questioned, and why she was not interviewed by a professional.

"I do believe it’s troubling that an investigator in the case instructed a witness to interview a child," Pullan said.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56974698-78/macneill-argued-testimony-attorneys.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:09 pm

I finally got caught up on this case. It will be a very interesting one that is for sure. I feel so bad for his daughters! What a terrible nightmare reality for them. Gypsy and he are truly suited for one another...talk about a couple of soul mates straight from hell.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Good read:
2 pages

Did Utah doctor kill his wife?
Investigators reopen case
Author: By Jean Casarez CNN
Published On: Oct 13 2013 03:28:24

" ...But prosecutors say that behind closed doors, what seemed to be the perfect union was anything but.

Martin MacNeill, they say, led a double life, seeing women on the side. Legal documents state he announced to his wife and family several times in the years preceding his wife's death that he wanted out of the marriage. He never took that step, but prosecutors say that his affection for one woman in particular, Gypsy Willis, was the root of his motive for murder. Willis will be a star witness for the prosecution as Martin's trial begins in Provo, Utah. He is charged with the murder of his wife and obstruction of justice.

Michele MacNeill had turned 50 in 2007. She and Martin had been married nearly 30 years. Legal documents state that it was Martin MacNeill's idea in March of that year that she undergo a face-lift. Family members say Michele MacNeill pushed back, not because she was refusing, but because she wanted to lose some extra weight and wanted to control her high blood pressure. But prosecutors say Martin MacNeill was relentless, even finding a plastic surgeon who was new to town and had advertised in the local paper. ... "

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Did-Utah-doctor-kill-his-wife/-/475880/22418446/-/bo37j3z/-/index.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I have been looking for a link for jury selection in this trial tomorrow....to no avail. If anyone comes across it could you please post it on the thread? Thank you in advance!
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:45 pm

ishi wrote:I have been looking for a link for jury selection in this trial tomorrow....to no avail. If anyone comes across it could you please post it on the thread? Thank you in advance!
According to this article, "cameras positioned in the courtroom will be allowed to roll from opening statements to closing arguments in the six-week trial of MacNeill", so it looks like jury selection will not be live-streamed.

Read more:  http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56940300-78/macneill-trial-judge-cameras.html.csp

I do know that http://wildabouttrial.com/ will be streaming the trial starting on Thursday.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/09/30/doctor-martin-macneill-murder-trial-key-players

Martin MacNeill case: The key players

By Alexandra Thomas
updated 7:52 AM EDT, Tue October 15, 2013.

Martin MacNeill

MacNeill, 57, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his wife, Michele. His trial is set to begin October 15, and he's currently living in the Utah County Jail. MacNeill claims he was working on the morning of his wife's death and that it was an accident. Prosecutors claim MacNeill also obstructed justice in the case. They say following Michele's death, he removed his wife's pants, lied to a 911 dispatcher about performing CPR and drained the tub where Michele was found. He also allegedly told different stories about the position of Michele's body when she was found. On the night of his wife's death, MacNeill also allegedly had his son's girlfriend dispose of the remaining drugs prescribed to Michele following her surgery, because he said he wanted to keep her facelift a private matter, according to MacNeill’s son's girlfriend, who testified during a preliminary hearing. Prosecutors claim MacNeill attempted to stage Michele's death to look like an accident.

Michele MacNeill

Michele MacNeill was found dead in her Pleasant Grove home on April 11, 2007. Michele had turned 50 earlier that year, and she underwent cosmetic surgery about one week before her death. Michele's daughter said she agreed to the facelift her husband requested because she thought it would help her marriage. Prosecutors say the evidence shows that her husband used the surgery and recovery period to "obtain the necessary drugs and set in motion the circumstances to intentionally or knowingly cause Michele's death and conceal his involvement." Medical examiners found a powerful mixture of drugs -- including Valium, Percocet, Phenergan and Ambien -- in Michele's system after her death.

Gypsy Willis

According to a search warrant affidavit, Martin MacNeill began an affair with Gypsy Willis in April 2004. In July 2004, Willis allegedly told her roommates she wanted to "get rid" of MacNeill's wife, mentioning cutting brake lines and giving undetectable medications. Willis testified during a preliminary hearing that she and MacNeill met in an online chat room in 2005. She claims they met for the first time for lunch in November 2005, and by January 2006, the relationship became sexual. In 2007, between April 7 and April 9, just days before Michele's death, MacNeill and Willis exchanged 32 text messages. On April 17, 2007, MacNeill told his children he needed a nanny to help with the younger kids. He asked his daughter Rachel to go with him to pray about a nanny. Just outside the temple, Willis -- whom MacNeill pretended not to know at first -- began talking to Rachel and Alexis. MacNeill later announced Willis as the family's new nanny, and she moved into the family home later that month. Over the next few months, Willis took on the identity of Jillian Giselle MacNeill and used the passport belonging to one of Martin's adopted daughters, whom he had sent back to the Ukraine. In at least one instance, Willis used Michele's funeral date as the date of her supposed marriage to MacNeill. MacNeill and Willis were ultimately caught, and Willis pleaded guilty to identity fraud, among other charges. She was sentenced to 180 days in jail and 36 months probation. According to Michele's family members, the jacket Gypsy wore at her sentencing hearing on May 17, 2011, belonged to Michele.

Alexis Somers

Alexis, 30, is one of MacNeill's biological daughters, and she took care of her mother after her facelift, in the days just before her death. Alexis led the campaign with her sisters to prosecute their father. According to Alexis, leading up to her mother's death, MacNeill had become more verbally and mentally abusive toward Michele and often threatened to leave the family. During a preliminary hearing, Alexis said she remembers MacNeill saying he no longer loved Michele and didn’t want their adopted daughters anymore. MacNeill hasn't commented on that accusation. Just days before Michele's death, on April 5, 2007, she allegedly told Alexis, "If anything happens to me make sure it wasn't your dad,'" according to a statement filed by prosecutors. On April 10, Alexis returned to Las Vegas, where she was attending medical school. The next day, she received a voicemail from MacNeill saying Michele wouldn't stay in bed. Alexis was in class and didn't hear the message until later. She said she tried calling her mom multiple times and her dad finally picked up and said he found Michele in the bathtub and that police had been called.

Rachel MacNeill

Rachel, 33, is the MacNeills' oldest biological child. Rachel said when she met Willis outside the temple -- when MacNeill asked her to help him pray for a nanny -- her father was acting very strange. Rachel said, "That's the first time I realized something was wrong...The whole thing had been scripted."

The MacNeill Family

The MacNeills had four biological children: Rachel, Alexis, Vanessa and Damian; and adopted four more children from Ukraine, or that's what they told people. In 2010, the couple's only son, Damian, committed suicide. During a preliminary hearing, Rachel MacNeill testified that Ada, who everyone knows as one of the MacNeills' adopted daughters, is actually the MacNeills' biological granddaughter. Ada is Vanessa's daughter.

More at link...
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 am

I guess I have to wait until Thursday.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 50m
@kittylionqueen Jury selection will not be televised. The trial will be live streamed when it begins possibly on Thursday
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:28 am

Jury selection underway in Martin MacNeill murder trial

Updated - October 15th, 2013 @ 10:53pm

Snipped:
-----
PROVO — The murder trial of a former Pleasant Grove physician accused in his wife's bathtub drowning death got off to a slow start Tuesday, as attorneys and a judge ploughed throughslow start on Tuesday, as the jury selection process crept into the evening hours.

The process was expected to continue into the evening and again on Wednesday.
-----

Read more:  http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27254848&nid=148&s_cid=rss-extlink
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Judge determined to empanel jury in MacNeill trial today

Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013 11:13 a.m. MDT  Updated: 4 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
A pool of 120 individuals has been called in the case. The selection process began Tuesday, but moved slowly as prosecutors, defense attorneys and 4th District Judge Derek Pullan questioned potential jurors about their responses to a 22-page questionnaire, which included queries of their opinions on marital infidelity, the use of painkillers or plastic surgery.

In court Wednesday, Pullan said the process was slower than anticipated, but he still planned to impanel eight jurors and three alternates by the end of the day so that testimony in the trial could start as planned.
-----

Read more:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865588499/Judge-determined-to-empanel-jury-in-MacNeill-trial-today.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Martin MacNeill will mount alibi defense as murder trial begins Thursday

By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013 11:10 a.m. MDT
Updated: 1 hour ago

PROVO — Martin MacNeill was at work or shuttling his daughter between home and school on the morning his wife was found dead in the bathtub and is not responsible for her alleged murder.

That’s the alibi defense attorneys will begin to mount on Thursday when MacNeill's murder trial begins in Provo’s 4th District Court.

~Snipped~

In court papers filed last month, defense attorney Randall Spencer contends that MacNeill arrived at work between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. on April 11, leaving only briefly to take his daughters to school. The documents say MacNeill then returned to his job as the clinical director of the Utah State Developmental Center, where he stayed until picking up daughter Ada, then 6, at 11:30 a.m. to take her home for the day. It was Ada who first discovered her mother in the tub.

An expert for the prosecution believes Michele MacNeill died between 11:24 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., when MacNeill was elsewhere, Spencer said Wednesday following the jury selection.

"He wasn't there," Spencer said, noting that MacNeill's alibi is only one aspect of their case.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865588499/Judge-determined-to-empanel-jury-in-MacNeill-trial-today.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Juror Questionnaire 9/26/2013

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Juror-Questionnaire-r.pdf
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:04 am

Jury selected in Martin MacNeill murder trial
Posted on: 6:39 pm, October 16, 2013,

"...A group of six men and five women was selected on Wednesday to decide the fate of a Utah doctor accused of drugging and drowning his wife..."

"... Court will reconvene Thursday at 10:30 am ET, when the judge will give some preliminary instructions to jurors. Opening statements are expected to follow.... "

http://fox13now.com/2013/10/16/jury-selected-in-martin-macneill-murder-trial/

Just 11 jurors???
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:54 am

An earlier article said there would be 8 jurors and 3 alternates, Freckles.

Here is one link for opening statements...

http://wildabouttrial.com/martin-macneill-live-stream.html
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 am

Trial is underway!

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:27 pm

They must be on lunch now as no one is in chat.
I was thinking while Hubs and I were having lunch. HLN showed graphics with Michelle laying in the tub and draped over the tub. Well, it made me think that she was definitely laying in the tub because I also saw the little girls drawing which was pretty detailed. But one thing stood out to me. Michelle was laying with her head in the front of the tub in both the graphic and little girls drawing. Now how many times have you taken a bath by sitting in the front of the tub as opposed to the back? Bath tubs are made with a slight slope so that all the water drains out. So when your in that position you can feel it's not right cuz you keep slipping back. Sooooo, I think she was carried there with her head portion in MMc left arm. Further, if I remember right that would have been the position he would have pick her up like that because of the way the bed was positioned in the bedroom.
Your thoughts?
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Dr Martin MacNeill trial: Douglas Rollins, toxicology expect may not be allowed to testify

A judge said Wednesday that one of the prosecution’s toxicologists might not be allowed to testify at Dr. Martin MacNeill’s trial because the “methods he used are not generally accepted by the scientific community

The judge stated he would reserve ruling on the admissibility of testimony by Douglas Rollins, a retired professor of pharmacology, but he told prosecutors they will need to elicit more foundation for Rollins’ opinions if they want him to allow the testimony.

Rollins work is described on the University of Utah website:

Read more:

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/dr-martin-macneill-trial-douglas-rollins-toxicology-expect-may-not-be-allowed-to-testify-54969/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Lawyer: Doctor Acted Erratically After Wife Died

PROVO, Utah October 17, 2013 (AP)
By PAUL FOY Associated Press

A former Utah doctor accused of hounding his wife to get a face-lift so he could kill her with a lethal combination of prescription drugs acted erratically the day she died and claimed she had wanted the surgery, prosecutors said Thursday in opening statements at the murder trial.

In addition, Martin MacNeill told fellow inmates after his arrest that his wife was a "bitch;" he was glad she was dead; and authorities couldn't prove he killed her, prosecutor Sam Pead told jurors.

Prosecutors have said the killing was the climax of a twisted plot by MacNeill to carry on an affair with his mistress, who MacNeill invited to his wife's funeral and asked to marry him weeks later.

The case has shocked the Mormon community of Provo, 45 miles south of Salt Lake City, and captured national attention because the defendant was a doctor.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/utah-doctors-murder-trial-opens-20596484
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:55 pm

One Wonders wrote:They must be on lunch now as no one is in chat.
I was thinking while Hubs and I were having lunch. HLN showed graphics with Michelle laying in the tub and draped over the tub. Well, it made me think that she was definitely laying in the tub because I also saw the little girls drawing which was pretty detailed. But one thing stood out to me. Michelle was laying with her head in the front of the tub in both the graphic and little girls drawing. Now how many times have you taken a bath by sitting in the front of the tub as opposed to the back? Bath tubs are made with a slight slope so that all the water drains out. So when your in that position you can feel it's not right cuz you keep slipping back. Sooooo, I think she was carried there with her head portion in MMc left arm. Further, if I remember right that would have been the position he would have pick her up like that because of the way the bed was positioned in the bedroom.
Your thoughts?
Lunch recess until 1:05 p.m., Utah time.

I agree, One.  I had the same thought when I first heard this; that her head was at the wrong end of the tub.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Since there are so many medications involved, I captured what the plastic surgeon went over this morning.

Dr. Thompson said he normally prescribes the following for a face-lift:

• Vicodin, aka lortab syrup (hydrocodone with acetaminophen) - pain
  • Keflex, aka cephalexine - antibiotic
  • Ambien, aka zolpidem -  for sleep
  • medrol dose pack - swelling

Martin MacNeill asked for these additional medications:

• Phenergan, aka promethazine  (suppository) - nausea
  • Percocet, aka oxycodone with acetaminophen - stronger pain med than Vicodin
  • Valium, aka diazepam - pills - anti-anxiety

Corrected: the liquid medication was the Vicodin, not the Valium

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 pm

ABC NEWS LIVE STREAM COVERAGE

Dr. Martin MacNeill Trial

http://abcnews.go.com/live
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:08 pm

From chat box:
A brief "history" of MM

" ... But the alleged abuse wasn't just outside the family. Martin also has a case pending in court for sexual abuse of Alexis.

"Alexis stated there had been two incidents where she had been fondled by her father" within three months of her mother's passing, a police report states.

Martin admitted in a recorded phone call with Alexis that he inappropriately touched her while she was sleeping because he thought Alexis was his wife.

"Mr. MacNeill was reported to have told his daughters that even though his wife is dead, he is still a sexual person and has desires that need to be met," according to Pleasant Grove police records...."

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Published on Oct 17, 2013

Martin MacNeill Trial - Prosecution Opening
Statements

Martin MacNeill Trial - Defense Opening Statements

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 1 - Part 1

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 1 - Part 2

Martin MacNeill Trial - Day 1 - Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/user/croakerqueen123/videos
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Freckles wrote:From chat box:
A brief "history" of MM

" ... But the alleged abuse wasn't just outside the family. Martin also has a case pending in court for sexual abuse of Alexis.

"Alexis stated there had been two incidents where she had been fondled by her father" within three months of her mother's passing, a police report states.

Martin admitted in a recorded phone call with Alexis that he inappropriately touched her while she was sleeping because he thought Alexis was his wife.

"Mr. MacNeill was reported to have told his daughters that even though his wife is dead, he is still a sexual person and has desires that need to be met," according to Pleasant Grove police records...."

Freckles, the following is the long article that was discussed in the Chat, there is a lot of more information here:

Martin MacNeill: Was his wife Michele's death accidental or was it murder?

By Sara Lenz and Brian West, Deseret News
Published: Saturday, Dec. 4 2010 11:10 p.m. MST

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700088382/Martin-MacNeill-Was-his-wife-Micheles-death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 am

Here are three links for live streaming of the MacNeill trial. Unfortunately, I think they all originate from Fox 13, so if one goes down –they are all down.

http://fox13now.com/on-air/live-stream-2/

http://wildabouttrial.com/martin-macneill-live-stream.html

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-live-martin-macneill-murder-trial-live-stream/

We would love for you to join us in chat!  Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 28rpcab

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:44 pm

GYPSY WILLIS

Gypsy Willis sentenced to 3 years of probation

Michele MacNeill Found Deceased 4/11/07, Martin Macneill Charged With Murder - Page 2 4dd3fb4d3dd57.preview-300

Gypsy Willis was sentenced to 36 months of probation on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 in Provo. Willis was charged with identity fraud, two counts of giving false statements and filing a wrongful lien. JAMES ROH/Daily Herald

May 18, 2011 10:49 am  •  Jim Dalrymple - Daily Herald

PROVO -- A Pleasant Grove woman will spend the next three years on probation for stealing the identity of teenage girl.

Gypsy Willis, 34, was sentenced Tuesday to 36 months of probation for identity fraud and two counts of giving false and inconsistent statements, all second-degree felonies, and filing a wrongful lien, a third-degree felony. Willis pleaded guilty to the charges in March as part of a plea bargain with prosecutors.

Read more:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/gypsy-willis-sentenced-to-years-of-probation/article_7ab854a3-28c8-5b5f-9679-1def8e3d049c.html

Woman linked to murder case given bail on probation violation

July 18, 2012 12:17 am • Jim Dalrymple - Daily Herald

PROVO -- Less than two weeks after her arrest, a woman convicted of identity theft and who also may be entangled in a murder investigation will have a chance to go free.

A judge ruled Tuesday afternoon that Gypsy Willis, 35, qualified for $5,000 bail. The ruling was made after defense attorney John Easton argued that the probation violations that landed Willis back in jail were extremely minor, if they were violations at all.

"This probation violation report has some of the most benign allegations I've seen," Easton told the court.

Willis was arrested July 6 for allegedly not keeping her address current with probation officers and for not being honest about having a silver BMW. She was serving probation as a result of her 2011 conviction on four felonies for identity fraud, making false statements and having a wrongful lien.

The convictions stemmed from a case that also involves former Pleasant Grove doctor Martin MacNeill. According to court documents, MacNeill and Willis stole the identity of one of MacNeill's daughters. MacNeill was convicted on federal charges for the crime, and spent three years in prison before being released on July 7.

Read more:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/woman-linked-to-murder-case-given-bail-on-probation-violation/article_6513d5a4-6ae5-5f13-808d-fa2fcefe905c.html

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next