Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

+33
WeeBonnie
nemo1970
Bo
colsnipe
vegret
yellow bike
glazier
sassy5d
ladymary
Junebug
Mrskinger
Calypso
tesstruhart
FystyAngel
jerseyjul1
Pianist
Mari 68
Mylife101
18thcenturylady
Alessandra_Deux
Sarainbc
auman58
olivier57
keikikiki
Ann - Tx
hello clarice
justanopinion
Moosiesmama
gsweater
carlakay
Freckles
Weeziethm
Bmore
37 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 20 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

Post by olivier57 Wed May 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi, Can someone tell me why they didn't add that "she was a battered woman, a survivor" or that "she was madly in love" in the mitigation list ? At least, it would have been coherent with what they tried to make us believe and that she is still saying in her interview. This could have rang a bell in some jurors mind. This would have more sense to be linked to the crime.

So I can't understand. Are they stupid ? Could it be a trick to say that she didn't get appropriate counsels ?

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 20 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

Just supposing Jodi is on death row. Does the above still apply? Are we now taking our heinous murderers to the mall for new specks???
Seems to me those Goodwill bins where people can donate eyeglasses for the needy would be good enough for a convicted murderess. A pair of those should do. WHY must taxpayers pay for this field trip and eye exam? Wouldn't a prison doc be able to handle this? I haven't heard of others on death row being able to go out to an eye doctor.

Not feeling sorry for myself but this really burns my butt and this is why. the TAXPAYERS are paying for all this stuff for felons. My husband at present teaches special needs kids full time for a little over $300. a week while trying to find a better job back in his field. The damn school gives him insurance but none for me. We can't even afford heat let alone insurance for me. I desperately need new glasses, but that's not going to happen...
I don't even have a car---a young lady totaled my 13 yr. old van a few days before Christmas on the SAME day the engine went in hubby's 13 yr. old car. Insurance would of course not pay for the car, and we got a small amount for the totaled old van. All we could do was buy a tiny old used car for hubby to get to work. I live in the country with no way to get anywhere.

Hubby recently had a kidney stone and was sick to the point of ending up on an IV in the emergency room for the evening.
IF I get sick, I'm screwed. It's over. I can't go to get care. There is simply no way to pay for it. All I have is my little home and I can't risk losing the roof over my head in addition to everything else that's happened.

I don't what is the procedure for death row inmates. I will look into it.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 pm

WARNING, HUGE RANT~

18thcenturylady wrote:

Just supposing Jodi is on death row. Does the above still apply? Are we now taking our heinous murderers to the mall for new specks???
Seems to me those Goodwill bins where people can donate eyeglasses for the needy would be good enough for a convicted murderess. A pair of those should do. WHY must taxpayers pay for this field trip and eye exam? Wouldn't a prison doc be able to handle this? I haven't heard of others on death row being able to go out to an eye doctor.

Not feeling sorry for myself but this really burns my butt and this is why. the TAXPAYERS are paying for all this stuff for felons. My husband at present teaches special needs kids full time for a little over $300. a week while trying to find a better job back in his field. The damn school gives him insurance but none for me. We can't even afford heat let alone insurance for me. I desperately need new glasses, but that's not going to happen...
I don't even have a car---a young lady totaled my 13 yr. old van a few days before Christmas on the SAME day the engine went in hubby's 13 yr. old car. Insurance would of course not pay for the car, and we got a small amount for the totaled old van. All we could do was buy a tiny old used car for hubby to get to work. I live in the country with no way to get anywhere.

Hubby recently had a kidney stone and was sick to the point of ending up on an IV in the emergency room for the evening.
IF I get sick, I'm screwed. It's over. I can't go to get care. There is simply no way to pay for it. All I have is my little home and I can't risk losing the roof over my head in addition to everything else that's happened.

PS...

...I just have a huge problem with the perks I see given to convicted felons, and with Jodi's insulting, 'I'm so wonderful and valuable', me, me, me, 19 minute long self-aggrandizing speech!

I was the widow of a suicide with nothing when I moved alone from Illinois to New Hampshire over 15 years ago. I bought a dump of an old house and lived here alone for many years teaching myself to do all the work it needed and restore it.
I was trying to put what had happened behind me and rebuild my whole life. No one supported me. I was alone. I worked 7 days a week having a small antique business at my home and doing any other odd jobs I could.
I spent years and years rehabbing an 18thc. house in my town that nobody gave two shits for, and saving it, wanting to leave something behind that was greater than myself---Something beautiful in the world, with a story to tell.

I find Jodi's litany of her "accomplishments" and her idea that she deserves "another chance at freedom someday" to be sickening and horrifying. This woman is so worthless!

Here we have a convicted murderess who is given medical care if she is sick, and along with other prisoners, TOO many 'niceties' that they do NOT deserve, IMO, and all at the expense of taxpayers who in their own lives struggle to put food on the table and send their children to school.

I know so many of you fine peeps out there have had just as much adversity as I have and worse. You are all lovely, contributing members of society, and deserve much credit and much happiness.
I am sick of a system that allows Jodi to bask in the limelight if only for a time, by giving her national TV coverage. I am sick of a system that puts burdens on the taxpayers to give murderers like Jodi their so-called 'rights' and only serves to reinforce their sense of entitlement!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 pm

olivier57 wrote:Hi, Can someone tell me why they didn't add that "she was a battered woman, a survivor" or that "she was madly in love" in the mitigation list ? At least, it would have been coherent with what they tried to make us believe and that she is still saying in her interview. This could have rang a bell in some jurors mind. This would have more sense to be linked to the crime.

So I can't understand. Are they stupid ? Could it be a trick to say that she didn't get appropriate counsels ?

I can't answer why..doubt anyone can..I have witnessed my share of trials and this was a whole different ballgame than any other but considering the reaction everyone seem to have about the t shirt I do not believe listing battered woman woulda done her much good and I dont think being madly in love would of either.

Tho she is blaming her defense team for the majority of crap we saw spewed make no doubt SHE was in total control so I do believe it was HER way during the mitagation phase too.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 pm

sassy5d wrote:TA family have crappy holidays but here's my unsupportive, abusive and neglectful family, we smile for the camera, this is how my Stabby family will spend our holidays.

Oy, how did this not shout to me when I listened..

Oh, also love how the DT who wanted so badly to keep the personality disorder out of criminal cuz dem was wet behind the ears,.. Now want to shout u can't kill her, she has a mental illness.

I am told in Arizona there is no special consideration for mental illness. Not certain it is true but what I was told!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 1:07 pm

but she's not mentally ill, she's defective... think of it as she won't get sent back to the manufacturer because she's broken, she'll still be sold at the store but from the scratch and dent section... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Bmore wrote:she is.... KN said we won't hear about the murder but who JA is and what made her that way or some bs like that... a novella about Cruella

LOL, and didn't she? Whatsizname (I forgot who) on HLN said of 19 minutes, she spent 13 talking about herself, 1 1/2 minutes trashing Travis, and I forgot what the balance was. I heard a lot of the same stuff she said during the interview after the conviction.
renatae
renatae

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm

18th:

I fully agree with all you said about the inmates treatment etc... But wanted to address your worries about the verdict. Along with all of you I have been thinking about his over-night. After all the dust settled two things stood out to me. The first thing was when she mentioned being in general population, and all the "wonderful" things she could do there/contrast with Travis's lack of future. The other was what I feel was a veiled threat she laid on the family; when she stated if she got life, she would go quietly and they wouldn't have to see her anymore (which to me meant if given the DP she will drag them into court over and over.) However, if she gets life, she will fight tooth and nail to get out thus dragging them to court anyway. I think the jury even though making a tough decision, will see what is the only option.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:WARNING, HUGE RANT~

18thcenturylady wrote:

PS...

...I just have a huge problem with the perks I see given to convicted felons, and with Jodi's insulting, 'I'm so wonderful and valuable', me, me, me, 19 minute long self-aggrandizing speech!

I was the widow of a suicide with nothing when I moved alone from Illinois to New Hampshire over 15 years ago. I bought a dump of an old house and lived here alone for many years teaching myself to do all the work it needed and restore it.
I was trying to put what had happened behind me and rebuild my whole life. No one supported me. I was alone. I worked 7 days a week having a small antique business at my home and doing any other odd jobs I could.
I spent years and years rehabbing an 18thc. house in my town that nobody gave two shits for, and saving it, wanting to leave something behind that was greater than myself---Something beautiful in the world, with a story to tell.

I find Jodi's litany of her "accomplishments" and her idea that she deserves "another chance at freedom someday" to be sickening and horrifying. This woman is so worthless!

Here we have a convicted murderess who is given medical care if she is sick, and along with other prisoners, TOO many 'niceties' that they do NOT deserve, IMO, and all at the expense of taxpayers who in their own lives struggle to put food on the table and send their children to school.

I know so many of you fine peeps out there have had just as much adversity as I have and worse. You are all lovely, contributing members of society, and deserve much credit and much happiness.
I am sick of a system that allows Jodi to bask in the limelight if only for a time, by giving her national TV coverage. I am sick of a system that puts burdens on the taxpayers to give murderers like Jodi their so-called 'rights' and only serves to reinforce their sense of entitlement!

18th I can understand how you feel. It makes me sick to think that the POS will get all of the things that we struggle to get for ourselves... my last pair of glasses was 14 years ago.. just can't afford to get them. I have had to ask friends in the past to borrow money for milk for my children.. seemed like I was always robbing Peter to Pay Paul just trying to make ends meet. And then to think that someone can do what she has done gets a free ride to go get her eyes checked and glasses makes my blood boil. I really hope that once she is told what her prescription is that there is a reasonable cap on how much the state will pay... because I think I will lose my ever loving mind if I find out she gets Gucci's. Her little Diva interviews are almost more than I can stomach. I really hope that life can turn around for you 18th, decent people should not have to struggle the way you have.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Bmore wrote:but she's not mentally ill, she's defective... think of it as she won't get sent back to the manufacturer because she's broken, she'll still be sold at the store but from the scratch and dent section... lol

Not sure how Psych savoy the jury is, but there is no medication or therapy that can treat/cure Borderline Personality Disorder. When Wilmutt used it, I thought ok you are then telling the jury to give her DP, because she can't be fixed, and therefore never safe in any population.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

renatae wrote:
Bmore wrote:she is.... KN said we won't hear about the murder but who JA is and what made her that way or some bs like that... a novella about Cruella

LOL, and didn't she? Whatsizname (I forgot who) on HLN said of 19 minutes, she spent 13 talking about herself, 1 1/2 minutes trashing Travis, and I forgot what the balance was. I heard a lot of the same stuff she said during the interview after the conviction.

Dr Drew had it up on the screen... of the 19:02 second allocution.. and I am not quoting... something like 4.5 min was spent arguing the stuff Steven and Samantha said.. and 1.5 min trashing Travis... and the rest yes... all of the rest was look how cute I am... me as a child me with my boyfriends... me me me me me!! sickening!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

carlakay wrote:
olivier57 wrote:Hi, Can someone tell me why they didn't add that "she was a battered woman, a survivor" or that "she was madly in love" in the mitigation list ? At least, it would have been coherent with what they tried to make us believe and that she is still saying in her interview. This could have rang a bell in some jurors mind. This would have more sense to be linked to the crime.

I can't answer why..doubt anyone can..I have witnessed my share of trials and this was a whole different ballgame than any other but considering the reaction everyone seem to have about the t shirt I do not believe listing battered woman woulda done her much good and I dont think being madly in love would of either.

Tho she is blaming her defense team for the majority of crap we saw spewed make no doubt SHE was in total control so I do believe it was HER way during the mitagation phase too.

I agree that she led her defense but I think that JW and KN are the sort of persons that are able to bring their own bs and they probably did. She is smart but she got some help to discover some tricks of the law. What is then "funny" (yes, unbearable) is that she could ask for a new trial arguing of (her) bad counsels...

Last edited by olivier57 on Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Junebug wrote:18th:

I fully agree with all you said about the inmates treatment etc... But wanted to address your worries about the verdict. Along with all of you I have been thinking about his over-night. After all the dust settled two things stood out to me. The first thing was when she mentioned being in general population, and all the "wonderful" things she could do there/contrast with Travis's lack of future. The other was what I feel was a veiled threat she laid on the family; when she stated if she got life, she would go quietly and they wouldn't have to see her anymore (which to me meant if given the DP she will drag them into court over and over.) However, if she gets life, she will fight tooth and nail to get out thus dragging them to court anyway. I think the jury even though making a tough decision, will see what is the only option.

Wonderful analysis, Junebug! Thanks! I can see it so clearly, and hope the jury does to.
I am betting we'll have a verdict this afternoon sometime...What do you think?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 1:19 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
Junebug wrote:18th:

Wonderful analysis, Junebug! Thanks! I can see it so clearly, and hope the jury does to.
I am betting we'll have a verdict this afternoon sometime...What do you think?

Hoping before or just after lunch, want to say before.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 pm

justanopinion wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:WARNING, HUGE RANT~

18thcenturylady wrote:

PS...

18th I can understand how you feel. It makes me sick to think that the POS will get all of the things that we struggle to get for ourselves... my last pair of glasses was 14 years ago.. just can't afford to get them. I have had to ask friends in the past to borrow money for milk for my children.. seemed like I was always robbing Peter to Pay Paul just trying to make ends meet. And then to think that someone can do what she has done gets a free ride to go get her eyes checked and glasses makes my blood boil. I really hope that once she is told what her prescription is that there is a reasonable cap on how much the state will pay... because I think I will lose my ever loving mind if I find out she gets Gucci's. Her little Diva interviews are almost more than I can stomach. I really hope that life can turn around for you 18th, decent people should not have to struggle the way you have.

Being able to get out of bed is a good day over here so I feel ya. Stay focused on the positive and thank the Good Lord for all that we ARE blessed with.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Jodi Arias Feels 'Betrayed' By Jury

The convicted killer sat down with ABC News' Ryan Owens after pleading for her life. 04:49 | 05/22/2013

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 pm

I am thinking this order about the eye doctor, is just the judge not wanting any issues for appeal. Once the good sheriff has her all to himself, things will be very different for the troll under the bridge.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Wed May 22, 2013 1:30 pm

18th, here is a little tidbit that will drive you insane, I read somewhere yesterday that the Dr. who shot up Fort Hood has been paid his salary in the ensuing years, over $275,000. How's that for justice and equality? WTF is going on with that, I'd have taken it and used it to offset any money the military is using for his defense. What a travesty.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Junebug wrote:I am thinking this order about the eye doctor, is just the judge not wanting any issues for appeal. Once the good sheriff has her all to himself, things will be very different for the troll under the bridge.

roflao roflao roflao

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Jury will NOT deliberate on Friday. HLN reminded me that this is a holiday weekend and Memorial Day holiday is Monday.
I don't THINK that they will take beyond tomorrow to come to a verdict, but I sure hope it's today.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Bo wrote:If i was a juror...I'd pass a note saying " When you all get your Sh*t together for sure...let us know ...otherwise we'll be at the bar , poolside.....LOL

Oh, yes, most definitely, LOL. I would be smoldering if I was on this jury - Monday, there probably would have been spontaneous combustion - as it was, my hair was on fire...like Ghost Rider.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrskinger Wed May 22, 2013 1:39 pm

1:36 p.m. ET: The jury is in the courtroom, and the judge is reading an instruction to them. HLN producers are trying to find out more information about what is going on in the courtrom. -from hln live blog hmm.. hopefully thats a good sign?
Mrskinger
Mrskinger

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 1:40 pm

carlakay wrote:
Bmore wrote:Mari I think that's were I'm going... Andrea....

me too read up on it this weekend..lol..God I need help

Already saw Andrea - gee, last year some time. Another piece o' work.

Uh, oh, we're up - "surprise jury question." Ohhhh.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Uh, oh...Jury just read an instruction in court. Jodi and all attorneys present. Supposedly had to do with something Juan said about what "life in prison" meant. SEEMS like jury may be leaning toward life and not the DP...
DT arguing that what Juan said about Jodi possibly being able to get paroled if given life was improper and could be an "appeal issue"----NOT GOOD...

I think there probably will be a verdict today, but now I think they will give her life. Damn.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Jury was not deliberating until now.

You know how when a judge sentences the prisoner they sometimes really let them have it and tell them what they think of them? I am really worried now, and I hope that if this jury does the dumb thing and gives her life, that this judge sentences her to LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE, AND THAT SHE TELLS JODI IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS WHAT A LYING MURDERESS SHE IS AND THAT SHE WILL SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE IN PRISON BECAUSE SHE COMMITTED A VICIOUS MURDER AND HAS NO REMORSE.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

i'm not getting anything... what happened?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Wed May 22, 2013 1:50 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Uh, oh...Jury just read an instruction in court. Jodi and all attorneys present. Supposedly had to do with something Juan said about what "life in prison" meant. SEEMS like jury may be leaning toward life and not the DP...
DT arguing that what Juan said about Jodi possibly being able to get paroled if given life was improper and could be an "appeal issue"----NOT GOOD...

I think there probably will be a verdict today, but now I think they will give her life. Damn.

It could me they want LWOP and want to clarify what is possible. If they say Life what does it mean? Juan did step a little over the line yesterday but I don't think it will mean a new trial. It may mean a new mitigation hearing. Keep good thoughts.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

i missed yesterday afternoon too... what's going on...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Jury was not deliberating until now.

You know how when a judge sentences the prisoner they sometimes really let them have it and tell them what they think of them? I am really worried now, and I hope that if this jury does the dumb thing and gives her life, that this judge sentences her to LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE, AND THAT SHE TELLS JODI IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS WHAT A LYING MURDERESS SHE IS AND THAT SHE WILL SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE IN PRISON BECAUSE SHE COMMITTED A VICIOUS MURDER AND HAS NO REMORSE.

I think she will. This judge IMO is down right angry now.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Bmore wrote:i'm not getting anything... what happened?

Uh, oh...Jury brought into courtroom and were just read an instruction re: life in prison. Jodi and all attorneys present. Supposedly had to do with something Juan said about what "life in prison" meant.
Each attorney got a chance to argue about what 'life' in prison means. (Could she be paroled?)
SEEMS like jury may be leaning toward life and not the DP...

DT arguing that what Juan said about Jodi possibly being able to get paroled if given life was improper and could be an "appeal issue"----Who knows if that is right or not---it's the defense team's take.
Jury then went out to start deliberating for the day.

No one else was allowed in the courtroom except for Jodi, the jury and the attorneys. Jodi was smiling and laughing with the deputy. Ugh.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Jodi had no accomplishments. She had no friends. She had people she worked with over the years, but the "friendship" didn't go beyond the walls of the restaurants she worked in. They didn't follow her wherever she went.

The ONLY people she would occasionally call upon were ex-lovers. Either to stay the night or borrow gas cans. She had NEVER seen Darryl since the day he left Palm Desert and moved to Monterey. Jodi didn't call him to say hello - or ask to see his son Jack. Not once. I accept Darryl and Jodi saying they "remained friends" but it just isn't so. Sure, they may not have had fights or ugly words - the did, in fact, speak a few time but Darryl said it was about joint bills/finances regarding the home they purchased.

Never mind we got nobody to take the stand on her behalf - we never got anyone to go on television and tell tales of all the marvelous things Jodi had done in her life. Charity work, helping people in need, recycling, etc. Because there never was any.

Very unsatisfying. Both her allocution and her interviews last night. Really, Jodi wasn't a productive psychopath - she wasn't skilled in any social/financial way to be able to live what may have appeared to be a normal life. Our world is full of psychopaths - they are doctors, cops, politicians, mothers, fathers, etc. Jodi would not have EVER been able to obtain/sustain that.

She was/is far too unstable - anger/control issues was what has outed her. She was not able to convey to the majority that she was just a normal girl. The majority of people who encountered her already told us they KNEW she was different - and then they knew she was dangerous - they knew to stay away from her.

MOST psychopaths function quite well in our world.

Jodi can't. Not ever.

She has continuously said "wrong" things. Its above and beyond manipulation - she doesn't "get it". She never will.

"I want to bring awareness to domestic violence. I want women (men, but that's rare) to DOCUMENT!"

After all the 45 hours with a domestic violence expert Jodi was STILL unable to grasp what the parting words of these counselors would be. Which is "get help, tell a friend, get away from the situation"

But Jodi believes her stance on "just document" is the NEW and IMPROVED message that all domestic violence victims should be receiving.

See??? Its just so incredibly outlandish.

There should be a Travis Alexander Domestic Violence Awareness Foundation. For the "rare" men that find themselves involved with a woman who exhibits what Jodi did.

I'm pretty much done with her. I don't care what happens. Death would be good - simply because of the years of isolation.

Life will give her isolation for years, too. But after a decade or so she would be able to earn herself a spot in medium security. She DESERVES the isolation. Period.

And she will appeal no matter the penalty. So she's not done. But we will all be done with her by then. She won't get to impact the greater world via media. There may be some limited articles on her appeals - but she will never be granted an interview with media in Arizona Dept of Corrections.

So lets just all take some solace in that. We have to.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Yesterday Juan was telling the jury that if JA gets life, she will be eligible for parole in 25 years. Technically I think that's true, but LWOP is another thing altogether. So, I don't know for a fact mind you, I think the jury wanted clarification what life actually means. I believe if they give life the judge has the option of the LWOP or Life. In any case, it appears they are leaning toward life. Last night the TH said that Juan overstepped and it would be an appealable issue.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrskinger Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

I spent the morning looking up whats its like for 'lifers' in prison just in case she gets lwop. She is limited to one appeal and they dont provide the attorney.She would also be severly restricted for quite a few years in maximum having to earn her way into medium. Even if she gets lwop she will suffer even if she doesnt want to admit it because she isnt going to stroll in there and take over and change things like she is thinking. They have a pecking order amongst the inmates and the state runs the prison not Jodi and they will be well prepared for attitude and narcissism. And it will absolutely kill her to see herself slip day by day from the headlines into the recesses of the concrete and razor wire tomb she is sentenced to die in.
Mrskinger
Mrskinger

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Did Juan mess up when he mentioned yesterday about what life in prison meant? . The TH's last night said that this is a big no-no. Having sick feeling right now. If they just started deliberating today, what the heck were they doing yesterday?
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

CLARIFICATION:

HLN now saying an instruction re: life in prison was omitted inadvertently yesterday. Jury ostensibly called into court to be given the omitted instruction. SAYING JURY DID NOT HAVE A QUESTION.
Attorneys argued about what "life" means in AZ. while jury and Jodi present. Jury then went into room to begin deliberations.
NO court Friday. NO court Monday (holiday).
If they don't agree by tomorrow, it'll be next Tues. at the earliest before we could expect anything.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 22, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

well it's good to know that if i choose life it might not mean "life", that the choice is up to the judge if it's 25 years with parole or life till death... if it's not really my decision then that might help push my hand to death...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm

nemo1970 wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:Oh gee, she can keep growing her hair long and donate it to locks of love! OY! She is unreal! Yeah, that's improving yourself you sick bitch...

I seriously doubt it - I had hair way down to my back- donated it to locks of love in 2006 - I still have long hair - but not to point I donate again- they need minimum of 18 inches- braided. and she says she donated twice since 2008.

As I suspected - she cannot tell the truth to save her life - pathetic.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:Did Juan mess up when he mentioned yesterday about what life in prison meant? . The TH's last night said that this is a big no-no. Having sick feeling right now. If they just started deliberating today, what the heck were they doing yesterday?

I DON'T THINK SO---NOT AT ALL. IT IS STRICTLY THE DEFENSE THAT IS SAYING THAT JUAN SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT JODI COULD BE PAROLED SOMEDAY, BECAUSE JODI WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN JAIL FOR LIFE.
(She's full of shit, though, as we all know).
It was the JUDGE who realized she forgot to give one jury instruction, and didn't want an appellate issue.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 22, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Ok Wild's tweets make it sound like It was an instruction they hadn't covered. Also sounds like maybe all this time they were simply going over the instructions like the judge asked them to, and are just now starting to deliberate.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Replay on stream now.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Jury has lots of food coolers with them. HLN thinks they have NOT deliberated yet, but mainly only have gone over all the instructions.
They would not bring food if they had a decision already.
I would think the impetus to get this done and get home and not have this hanging over them for the Memorial day holiday would help them get to it and resolve to come to a decision today, or at least by tomorrow.

-------

http://www.realitychatter.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4326

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20