Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old

+11
Lash
junie4justice
sitemama
hello clarice
angiefly2
Pianist
Hobnob
One Wonders
Nan11
ishi
justanopinion
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 Empty Re: AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:30 pm

'They didn't fit':  Red flags get riders' attention

Snipped:
-----
The girl wore pajama bottoms and looked scared, and they had brand-new camping equipment, horseback riders who spotted James DiMaggio and missing teen Hannah Anderson in the backcountry said.
-----

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 Empty Re: AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:32 pm

CNN is showing the horseback riders' full interview repeatedly today (I think the video I posted above is just a part of it).

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Grief to euphoria: California teen rescued after suspect DiMaggio killed in Idaho
By Greg Botelho and Holly Yan, CNN
updated 5:59 PM EDT, Sun August 11, 2013

Snipped:
-----
One of the horseback riders on Sunday described multiple "red flags" that were raised during their brief interaction with the pair, including their brand-new camping equipment and the pajama-like bottoms Hannah was wearing.

Mark John recalled the interaction as "just like a square peg going into a round hole. They didn't fit."

Another rider, Mike Young, said it looked like Hannah "had a scared look on her face," adding about DiMaggio: "I just had a gut feeling about him."
-----

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/11/justice/california-amber-alert/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Thank you, CuriousPortlander!

I watched their interview on CNN. They probably have mixed feelings right now, that was quite an experience. Shocked 
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Grandparents of recovered California teen Hannah Anderson 'shocked' by abductor's identity

Ralph and Sara Britt describe themselves as both relieved and blindsided after their 16-year-old granddaughter was found alive following a six-day hostage ordeal by kidnapper Jim DiMaggio. 'He was Uncle Jim,' Ralph said. The teen will 'be in the hospital for a bit' as the investigation into the case continues.

BY NINA GOLGOWSKI / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
Updated: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 3:25 PM

AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 Anderson-7

Sarah and Ralph Britt, Hannah Anderson's grandparents, revealed their shock and anguish to the Today Show on Sunday by the identity of Hannah's accused kidnapper who was called 'Uncle Jim' by family.

The grandparents of a California teen recovered after a six-day hostage ordeal say the identity of the man accused in her kidnapping came as "complete shock" and reveal she is expected to be hospitalized for some time.

"He was Uncle Jim. We had known him for years when Hannah was born," Ralph Britt, the blindsided grandfather of 16-year-old Hannah Anderson, told NBC amid tears.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/grandparents-hannah-anderson-shocked-abductor-identity-article-1.1423769#ixzz2boAKyyQO
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

TODAY   |  August 11, 2013

Grandparents recount ‘joy' after news of rescue

Sara and Ralph Britt are the grandparents of Hannah Anderson, the teen girl who was rescued from her alleged kidnapper in the Idaho wilderness Saturday. They said that they were “so happy” to hear their granddaughter was finally safe. TODAY’s Erica Hill interviews Sara and Ralph Britt.

http://www.today.com/video/today/52727133#52727133
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/11/justice/california-amber-alert/index.html?hpt=ju_c2
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Horseback riders who found Hannah say it was 'one chance in a trillion'

By Alastair Jamieson and Tracy Connor, NBC News

Teenager Hannah Anderson appeared frightened and hid her face when she and kidnapping suspect James Lee DiMaggio were spotted in the Idaho backcountry three days before authorities rescued her and killed him.

Two pistol-packing couples were traveling in the wilderness on horseback when they encountered the 16-year-old girl and the 40-year-old man, who is suspected of killing her mother and brother outside San Diego a week ago.

“She kinda had a scared look on her face. I just had a gut feeling about him,” Mike Young, who owns a ranch in Sweet, Idaho, said at a Sunday afternoon press conference.

They weren’t friendly, and they didn’t talk,” said Mark John, a rancher and ex-sheriff.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/11/19973627-horseback-riders-who-found-hannah-say-it-was-one-chance-in-a-trillion?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am

What an ordeal that child has been through. What a creepy guy! I wonder if we aren't going to start hearing about odd behavior in the next coming day's. You know how you look back and think wow that should have given me a clue etc, etc. I can't believe this guy went undetected for year's. We just never know what people are capable of even if we have known them for decade's.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:50 am

Hannah Anderson Rescue: Woman says suspected kidnapper James DiMaggio's father held her at gunpoint when she was 16
August 12, 2013 9:53 AM

Snipped:
-----
(CBS) -- Speaking in an interview with CBS affiliate KFMB, a woman who went to high school with suspected kidnapper James Lee DiMaggio said DiMaggio's father professed his love to her when she was a teen and said he wanted to "take her away" from her family. When she refused, the unidentified woman said, the elder DiMaggio held her at gunpoint and threatened to kill her, her boyfriend and her brother.
-----

Read more:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57598104-504083/hannah-anderson-rescue-woman-says-suspected-kidnapper-james-dimaggios-father-held-her-at-gunpoint-when-she-was-16/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Hannah Anderson Rescue: Woman says suspected kidnapper James DiMaggio's father held her at gunpoint when she was 16
August 12, 2013 9:53 AM

Snipped:
-----
(CBS) -- Speaking in an interview with CBS affiliate KFMB, a woman who went to high school with suspected kidnapper James Lee DiMaggio said DiMaggio's father professed his love to her when she was a teen and said he wanted to "take her away" from her family. When she refused, the unidentified woman said, the elder DiMaggio held her at gunpoint and threatened to kill her, her boyfriend and her brother.
-----

Read more:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57598104-504083/hannah-anderson-rescue-woman-says-suspected-kidnapper-james-dimaggios-father-held-her-at-gunpoint-when-she-was-16/
There must be an error in whom was professing love to Hannah.
The kidnapper's FATHER died 15 years ago of an apparent suicide.
Perhaps, the informant for this story misspoke or misunderstood who was making the advances?
Only other possibility is IF the kidnapper had a son and the informant is referring to the son's father, Jim DiMaggio.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Yes. The above article is speaking of this perp's father.
From same story:

" .. In 1988, the woman said the elder DiMaggio, James Everet DiMaggio, confessed his love to her. He had been dating her mother and the two had recently split up, reports the station.

"He stuck around for me, he wanted to take me away from my mom and give me a good life, a better life," the woman said. "He could take care of me."

In the Union Tribune archives, an article from December 1989 details the alleged attack, reports the station. The 35-year-old James Everet DiMaggio was arrested after allegedly breaking into his ex-girlfriend's home wearing a mask and carrying a sawed-off shotgun. His ex-girlfriend was not home, reports the station, but a district attorney told the paper he held the woman's teenage daughter and boyfriend at gunpoint.

"I asked him to please not kill us, and he said, 'Don't worry, it will be over quick,'" the woman told KFMB. "I just remember pleading with him."

Unlike Hannah Anderson, the woman told the station that she was able to escape by asking to use the bathroom, and the elder DiMaggio fled.

The younger DiMaggio, whom she knew as "Jimmy," told her at school following the incident that her father would be waiting for her. She left the school that day and changed her name, reports the station.

Another Union Tribune article from 1989 says the elder DiMaggio was also accused of beating another woman and he baseball bat because he owed them, money, reports the station.

The elder DiMaggio reportedly committed suicide 15 years ago on Aug. 10 in a "drug-induced" suicide, reports U-T San Diego...."

Complete coverage of Hannah and Ethan Anderson on Crimesider

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57598104-504083/hannah-anderson-rescue-woman-says-suspected-kidnapper-james-dimaggios-father-held-her-at-gunpoint-when-she-was-16/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 pm

August 11, 2013, 5:59 PM
"Red flags": How Calif. teen was recognized, later rescued from kidnapper

" ...John told reporters that one of the biggest red flags was that the two did not seem interested in talking, which he said was unusual for fellow campers they ran into on the trail. Something particularly strange, he said, was that the older man had a gray cat with him.

"I said, 'What are you doing with a cat here?'" John recalled, adding a cat was only good for attracting mountain lions and wolves to the area. John said the man "just kind of grinned, had a little smirk on his face," but didn't say anything.

The girl was also quiet and appeared scared, John and his wife both said. According to the couple, she said nothing except for "looks like we're all in trouble now" in response to something John said to her. The second rancher, Mike Young, said he thought it was strange she was wearing pajamas, or sweatpants, while out hiking. Yet another red flag was that all their camping gear looked brand new, John said. ..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57598030/red-flags-how-calif-teen-was-recognized-later-rescued-from-kidnapper/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:19 pm

One Wonders wrote:What an ordeal that child has been through. What a creepy guy! I wonder if we aren't going to start hearing about odd behavior in the next coming day's. You know how you look back and think wow that should have given me a clue etc, etc. I can't believe this guy went undetected for year's. We just never know what people are capable of even if we have known them for decade's.
Exactly, One Wonders!  There seemed to be at least a couple of dozen red flags, but no one saw them.  This situation is so concerning from so many angles, with only one being how vulnerable we are with even those we trust.

The latest updates concerning DiMaggio's father and a different 16 year old girl is uncanny.  I wonder if any of Hannah's family knew of the history of the kidnapper's father?
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Kidnapped Teen Hannah Anderson Didn't Know Mother, Brother Had Been Killed
Aug. 12, 2013  By COLLEEN CURRY and ALYSSA NEWCOMB

Snipped:
-----
Kidnapped California teen Hannah Anderson was unaware that her mother and 8-year-old brother had been killed and was held under "extreme duress," until she was rescued by FBI agents, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said today.

It was the first time authorities directly said Anderson, 16, unwillingly went with James DiMaggio, 40, who was a family friend.

Throughout the tense, six-day manhunt, which spanned thousands of miles, Anderson was kept in the dark about the deaths of her mother, Christina Anderson, 44, and brother, Ethan Anderson, 8.

It wasn't until after the interview process that an FBI forensics interviewer broke the tragic news to the teen, Gore said.
-----

Read more:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/kidnapped-hannah-anderson-fear-eyes-witness/storynew?id=19935215
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Nan11 wrote:
One Wonders wrote:What an ordeal that child has been through. What a creepy guy! I wonder if we aren't going to start hearing about odd behavior in the next coming day's. You know how you look back and think wow that should have given me a clue etc, etc. I can't believe this guy went undetected for year's. We just never know what people are capable of even if we have known them for decade's.
Exactly, One Wonders!  There seemed to be at least a couple of dozen red flags, but no one saw them.  This situation is so concerning from so many angles, with only one being how vulnerable we are with even those we trust.

The latest updates concerning DiMaggio's father and a different 16 year old girl is uncanny.  I wonder if any of Hannah's family knew of the history of the kidnapper's father?
Hi, Nan!  Welcome to Reality Chatter!

You're right; there were so many red flags.  But I guess nobody put them all together to see the bigger picture.  People tend to believe what they want to believe, especially when they've known DiMaggio for so many years.  Who would have thought?

Good question on whether anyone in the family knew about DiMaggio's father.  Even if they did, they'd probably never have thought his son was capable of the same.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am

Thankfully Hannah is found alive... my heart breaks for her as she has witnessed the death of DiMaggio (sorry I have no condolences for him) and to then hear of the deaths of her Mother and Brother. She is so young to have to deal with so much. Prayers for Hannah for strength and resiliency.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Calif. teen Hannah Anderson: Captor got what he deserved
August 14, 2013, 4:44 AM

Snipped:
-----
"He told us he was losing his house because of money issues so we went up there one last time to support him, and to have fun riding go karts up there but he tricked us," Anderson wrote.

Anderson said DiMaggio tied up his mother and brother in his garage. Their bodies were found after a fire destroyed the home. She said she didn't know they had died until an FBI agent told her at the hospital after rescue Saturday.

"I wish I could go back in time and risk my life to try and save theirs. I will never forgive myself for not trying harder to save them," she wrote.

Anderson said she "basically" stayed awake for six straight days and DiMaggio ignored her requests for food. She couldn't try to escape because DiMaggio had a gun and "threatened to kill me and anyone who tried to help."
-----

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57598428/calif-teen-hannah-anderson-captor-got-what-he-deserved/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm

My heart just breaks for this girl.  She's been through so much, but to also feel guilty that she didn't do enough to save her mom and brother is just too much.  I truly hope she gets the counseling she needs to deal with her horrendous ordeal.

It also makes me sick to realize that the fire is what killed her mom and brother.  I hope this doesn't sound wrong, but I was so hoping that they were dead already before the fire.  What a horrible way to go!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Hannah Anderson going public with private pain 'normal', experts say
3 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
DiMaggio had invited the children and their mother, Christina Anderson, 44, to his house in Boulevard, Calif., a rural town 65 miles east of San Diego. DiMaggio then tortured Christina and Ethan before killing them, according to court documents unsealed late Wednesday. Their bodies were found after a fire destroyed the home.
-----

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.today.com/news/hannah-anderson-going-public-private-pain-normal-experts-say-6C10925314
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Search Warrant related to this case, which includes probable cause information:  

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/DiMaggioWarrant.pdf

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Hannah Anderson going public with private pain 'normal', experts say
3 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
DiMaggio had invited the children and their mother, Christina Anderson, 44, to his house in Boulevard, Calif., a rural town 65 miles east of San Diego. DiMaggio then tortured Christina and Ethan before killing them, according to court documents unsealed late Wednesday. Their bodies were found after a fire destroyed the home.
-----

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.today.com/news/hannah-anderson-going-public-private-pain-normal-experts-say-6C10925314
Thanks for all the links, CP!

This case gets more and more grievous with each onslaught of new information.

The following quote from your link really struck me:

Mantell [a clinical psychologist] said that Anderson demonstrated impressive self-control in declining to answer certain questions and in handling criticism.

“The problem isn’t what she’s doing,” Mantell said. “I think the problem is what everyone else is doing. It’s no one’s business to be judging [Anderson]. Why would you need to criticize a girl who just lost her mother and her brother?”
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Strong turnout for Hannah fundraiser

By Pauline Repard and Kristina Davis

3:26 p.m.Aug. 15. 2013
Updated 7 p.m.

AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 UTI1730020_r620x349

Hannah Anderson arrives at the Lakeside Boll Weevil for a fundraiser in her honor. The 16-year-old girl was kidnapped and her mother and brother killed last week by longtime family friend James Lee DiMaggio, 40, of Boulevard. Hannah was rescued in Idaho, and DiMaggio was shot and killed by the FBI. — Howard Lipin

LAKESIDE — Kidnapped teenager Hannah Anderson attended a fundraiser with friends and loved ones at a Lakeside restaurant Thursday to thank the hundreds who turned out to support the family.

“Hannah sends her love,” Brett Anderson said in front of the Boll Weevil as his daughter sat at a table inside with her friends. “She is doing better day by day.”

~Snipped~

At the fundraiser, Hannah declined to speak with reporters, but her father thanked law enforcement and the community for their support, and said he is focusing on his daughter’s future.

Read more:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/15/hannah-anderson-fundraiser-boll-weevil-lakeside/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Searches turn up letters from California teen to abductor

REUTERS

By Marty Graham

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - A California man who abducted the 16-year-old daughter of a longtime family friend and took her to the Idaho wilderness after killing her mother and brother had letters from the teen, search warrants showed on Friday.

The San Diego County Sheriff's office warrants also showed 13 phone calls or text messages between phones belonging to the San Diego area girl and her abductor, James DiMaggio, on the day she went missing.

~Snipped~

Sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Caldwell stressed on Friday that after extensively interviewing Hannah Anderson and reviewing the evidence, investigators had concluded she was an innocent victim.

"Hannah was a victim in every sense of the word," Caldwell said Friday. "We cannot be more clear on that."

Read more:

http://news.yahoo.com/warrants-show-contact-between-california-abductor-girl-211637701.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

What we know so far in the disturbing Hannah Anderson kidnapping case
Details are emerging about the abduction of a 16-year-old girl and the grisly murder of her family

By Keith Wagstaff | August 15, 2013

" ... On August 4, firefighters and police responded to a fire at a log cabin near San Diego belonging to 40-year-old James Lee DiMaggio.

They soon found a green tarp in the garage. When officers lifted it, they "saw a human body was face down and noticed the tarp was partially melted to the head, and what appeared to be human hair." Next to the woman's body was the body of a burned child, along with a bloody crowbar and a dead dog...."

" ... Phone records show that 13 phone calls were placed between Hannah and DiMaggio before she was kidnapped after attending cheerleading practice...."

http://theweek.com/article/index/248321/what-we-know-so-far-in-the-disturbing-hannah-anderson-kidnapping-case

---According to this story, Hannah was kidnapped after a cheer leading session at the school...
---Hannah did NOT know of the condition of her mother, brother, etc., until she was rescued...
---Hannah never mentions attempting to leave a message at a bathroom gas station, etc...I would like to see those security cameras
---Hannah said she did NOT know her mother, brother, dog were killed until AFTER she was rescued.
How did she know the circumstances of their deaths (in the garage, etc.) then when she spoke with hospital officials PRIOR to being "informed" by LE? Something is not right here and I think I would like to know of the correspondence between the two prior to this kidnapping.... Other sources are indicating there were many text messages...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:57 pm

"Officials told NBC San Diego that they zeroed in on DiMaggio after they were sure Hannah Anderson was far enough away from him.

Agents reported that DiMaggio was armed and fired one shot.

The coroner in Boise said Wednesday that DiMaggio was killed by "multiple gunshot wounds" to the head and the chest.

A spokeswoman for the DiMaggio family told the Los Angeles Times that his body has been cremated."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/14/20027556-dimaggio-tortured-hannah-andersons-mom-brother-before-killing-them-court-documents?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Letters from Hannah Anderson, handcuff boxes found at DiMaggio's home
August 16, 2013, 12:33 p.m.

Snipped:
-----
Letters from Hannah Anderson were among items seized by authorities in a search of kidnap and murder suspect James DiMaggio's San Diego County property, warrants revealed, along with duct tape, handcuff boxes and other materials.

Also taken from DiMaggio’s property were empty boxes of camping gear and ammunition, a Yosemite camping printout, incendiary devices, "arson wire," model rocket containers, cut electrical cords and two used condoms, the documents said.

Investigators believe the fires were set separately, possibly with timing devices and accelerant, arson specialists said in seeking one of the documents. The one fire could not have migrated to the other location, they said.
-----

Read more:  http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hannah-anderson-warrants-20130816,0,4115104.story
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:06 pm

'Every moment is difficult': Kidnap victim Hannah Anderson appears at fundraiser
1 day ago

Snipped:
-----
A week after police rescued her from murder suspect James Lee DiMaggio in the Idaho wilderness, 16-year-old Hannah Anderson is trying to ease back into life at home, surrounded by family, friends and neighbors.

But it hasn't been easy, says her father, who appeared with his daughter at a car wash fundraiser Saturday at a church in Lakeside, Calif., east of San Diego, to benefit the kidnapping survivor and her family.

"It's very difficult. Every moment is difficult for her," Brett Anderson told reporters while asking for privacy for her and thanking friends and family for their support.
-----

Read more:  http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/17/20069203-every-moment-is-difficult-kidnap-victim-hannah-anderson-appears-at-fundraiser?lite
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Kidnapper leaves money to Hannah Anderson's grandmother
4:10 p.m. EDT August 19, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Andrew Spanswick said Monday that James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother. Spanswick says he doesn't know why but believes it is for Hannah's benefit.

Spanswick says DiMaggio, who was killed in a shootout with FBI agents, named Bernice Anderson as his beneficiary in 2011 instead of his sister.
-----

Read more:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/19/dimaggio-hannah-anderson/2673287/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 pm

The DNA test found in the car/house/apt;
the deaths of Hannah's mother, little bro;
his being best man at Hannah's parents wedding just a calendar year BEFORE she was born;
his presence at the hospital when Hannah was born;
Hannah spending many weekends and extended vacations at his home without her mother/brother;
the statement he loved Hannah "like a family member;
the gifting of his property to the paternal grandmother, his best friend's mother...

This leads me to believe there is MUCH more to the story than we have been told at this point. Did he feel he had been "tricked" and Hannah was really his bio daughter? BTW, Hannah does NOT mention she had been raped by him... Was he simply angry and attempting to "claim" his daughter? Is this the reason Hannah's parents were separated by a thousand plus miles? Did he feel his best friend, Hannah "father" may have been duped, as well?

Something does not smell right... awe shifty 
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Kidnapper leaves money to Hannah Anderson's grandmother
4:10 p.m. EDT August 19, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Andrew Spanswick said Monday that James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother. Spanswick says he doesn't know why but believes it is for Hannah's benefit.

Spanswick says DiMaggio, who was killed in a shootout with FBI agents, named Bernice Anderson as his beneficiary in 2011 instead of his sister.
-----

Read more:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/19/dimaggio-hannah-anderson/2673287/
So. No more car washes? Fund raisers?
I would like to see the wording of this financial award...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Hannah Anderson Update: Mother of rescued Calif. teen died of head injury, coroner says
August 20, 2013 11:30 AM

Snipped:
-----
(CBS) SAN DIEGO - Christina Anderson, the mother of Hannah Anderson, died of a head injury, according to autopsy results released Monday.

The San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office says Christina Anderson died of blunt force. It does not elaborate in a brief posting on its website.
-----

Read more:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57599338-504083/hannah-anderson-update-mother-of-rescued-calif-teen-died-of-head-injury-coroner-says/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobnob Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Monday, August 19, 2013
Hannah Anderson: Statement Analysis by Peter Hyatt

Analysis in bold

Q:  How did he separate you from your Mom and brother?

A:  He tied them up in the garage, I’m done answering questions about it.  So don’t bother asking.

The question is sensitive to the subject; as she not only avoids it, but says she is "done" answering it and then adds in the reason why she is "done" answering it; making it a very sensitive question.

What makes it so very sensitive to the subject?

Q:  Did you think anyone was looking for you ?

A:  I thought my mom would be the first person looking for me.

She also avoided a strong or direct answer to the question, not answering who she thought was looking for her, but answering as who "would" have looked for her.  This is a way of avoiding the question.  The question, therefore, should be considered sensitive.

Q:  Why are you talking about this on social media? Are you sure you’re a victim?  You seem completely fine about it.

A:  Are you kidding me?  I’m answering these questions so people know the truth.  So a******* like you don’t assume things like that.

It is a compound question, which should be avoided, followed by an accusation.  It is, entirely however, sensitive to her, as she answers it with a question, "are you kidding me?"
Here, she gives her reason for answering questions, making it sensitive.

Q:  Hannah, We are reporters at U-T San Diego and saw your comments about your ordeal.  We’d like to talk to you and your family about what you share.  We know you are upset with inaccuracies in news reports, and we want to do our best to get the truth out about what happened.  We’re at  (number deleted)

A:  No please leave me alone.  All you guys don’t know the story.  And don’t need too. You already got a lot of  things mixed up. So please just leave me and my family alone so we can heal.  Thank you.

Note that "please" and "thank you" indicate that she does, to some degree, want to speak to media.  Also note that there is missing information in the "story" and that media has not gotten it wrong, but are "mixed up", which is a "lot" but not all, and not incorrect.  

Note that she needs to be left alone (and her family) so that they can heal. This is  a strong indication that the media coverage is impeding her opinion of healing. The information reported should be considered very sensitive to her.

Media would not back down:

Q:  The media is a big reason why your’re found, they talked about you non stop and got the word out there, you can’t blame them for wanting to know the whole story, but camping out is ridiculous.

A:  Well they should really get their stories straight before putting it on tv. it could really hurt someone.

Note what she does not say:  
She does not say that the media was wrong, only that they need to get their stories "straight."
Note that she does not say she was hurt by media, only that it "could" really hurt "someone."

Analysis of Statement from hannah anderson by Peter Hyatt

----------------------

The more she speaks the more we learn about her, her relationship with dimaggio and also her family.

Her languages indicates deception, she uses unexpected words, o her order of importance in relatuion to her family is off (when asked who she looked up to mose she names a celeb before her mom and brother) in another question she responds by placing family first followed by 2 inanimate objects before her dog! gadgets can be replaced dead people and animals cannot)

her body language is showing red flags and her behavior is as well.
We all saw how the three woman reacted after being rescued, how they hid away and took time to heal. here we have her on social media talking as if nothing happened, getting her nails etc done. This is unexpected.

What is also unexpected and needs to be investigated is the 13 calls made between her and dimaggio the day of the murder and why BOTH phones were turned off at 4pm. No teen turns their phone off, it's like stopping breathing. There  are also all the letters between them as well and the multi day trips alone with him.
Is this the behavior of a teen allgedly creeped out by him as she allegedly told a friend or something more intimate?

What caught my attention in particular was the torture of the mom and brother.

Torture is use to get information such as safe combination or ATM pin numbers, it is also a way of excating revenge, torture is up close and personal.
Why would dimaggio torture the mom and brother, especially the brother?
They weren't wealthy, if this was a simple abduction then why even the need to resort to tying them up when he had pretty much unfettered access to hannah as seen with the trips. All he need do was say he was going to wherever and she could come along and then not return her.

This leads me to think this was more than a simple abduction.

If it was genuine why not tie them up and abscond with her, why take the time to torture them?
Torture takes time, how was he to know they would be alone
How was he to know no unexpected guests?
Since hannah was there where was she whilst this was going on?
What was she doing?
Why did she not scream or make a run for it as she had time?

This leads me to think that perhaps this was  vengeance, the torture was a result of rage, who though what be angry at a child?
What could Ethan have done to anger dimaggio?
Nothing , who would however be angry at an 8 year old boy?

Hannah would.

Was she angry at her mom for saying no to something such as a trip with dimaggio?
Was she angry because the mom tried to end the relationship?

Was she angry at her brother for telling on her?

Was she angry because  of a biological relationship?

She wasn't who she thought she was?

She would not be the first nor the last teen to murder their family because of an illicit relationship or argument.

She had time to scream for help, dial 911 or make an escape attempt, so where was she and what was she doing whilst her family were being tortured?

When a body is covered it is a way of undoing the crime.
it is often done in cases where the killer was known to the victim.

Why waste time on covering the bodies and that of the dog if you were planning on burning the house to the ground?

Why cover the body of a dog?

Why would dimaggio cover the dog's body?

He wouldn't, hannah however would have a reason to.

Were the bodies covered by hannah as a way of undoing what was done?

In the warrants it is interesting they use the word perpetrators since the alleged perpetrator is dead how can said perpetrator destroy evidence?

The logical conclusion is that there are others involved in the crimes, since the mom and brother are dead, this leaves the alleged abduction victim and the father.
If she shuts up and says nothing she could literally get away with murder or at least minimise her role.

-------------------------------

California Teenager Hannah Anderson Answered Questions About Her Kidnapping On Ask.fm

On ask.fm, Hannah provided some more insight into her ordeal:

Q.Why didn't you tell you parents he creeped you out?

A.Because he was a close family friend and my dads best friend and i didn't want to ruin anything between them.

Q.You were at the house when he killed your Mom.?

A. No.

Q.How did you know what happened to your Mom and brother?

A.The FBI agent talked to me at the hospital.

Q.Did they tell you were he was going or what was gonna to happen?

A.All he told me was my job to get him to the river.

Q.Did he take u because he wanted to be with you or out of hate?

A.He took me to get him to the river.I had to carry 50pound backpacks up mountains back and forth.

(DiMaggios car was reportedly found covered in brush on the edge of Idaho wilderness.)

Q.Did he make you help him put the tree branches on the car?

A.Yes he threatened me if i didn't.

(Some news outlets reported that DiMaggio was infatuated with Hannah.)

Q.Did he tell u he had a crush on u or was that a roomer?

A.Yes he did he said it was more than a family crush like he had feelings as in he wanted nothing bad to happen to me.

(Hannah says she didn't know that her mother and brother were dead until police told her. The two were found in DiMaggio's house, which he allegedly set on fire before taking off with Hannah.)

Q.Were were you at when he was in the process of burning the house,like hows he keep it a secret?

A.He had set it were it would catch on fire at a certain time.

(DiMaggio apparently lured Hannah and her family to his home on false pretenses. Hannah wrote that DiMaggio tied her mother and brother up in his garage.)

Q.So your Mum and Ethan were just at the house for no reason and the thing went off and they caught on fire and burned?

A.He told us he was loosing his house because of money issues so we went up there one last time to support him,and to have fun riding go karts up there but he tricked us.

Q.If you could say anything to Ethan and your Mum what would you say?

A.That im sorry it ended like that.I wish i could go back in time and risk my life to try and save theirs.I will never forgive myself for not trying harder to save them.

(Hannah was reportedly spotted by hikers in the woods. She wrote that she didn't reach out to anyone for help because DiMaggio had a gun and said he would kill anyone who tried to help.)

Q.Why didn't you run Sad?

A.He would have killed me.

Q.Did you talk to the hikers?When u were in the woods ?cuz the news said that the hikers said that u were calm?

A.I had to act calm because i didn't want them to get hurt.I was scared that he would hurt them..

(Hannah also wrote that she is trying to stay strong and be her "fun, normal self" because that is what her mother and brother would want.)

She posted this picture.(See website)

Q.What design did you get on your nails Sad

A.Pink for my Mum and blue for Ethan.

(The Associated Press reported that Hannah's father has told people he plans to have her move to Tennessee with him, but on ask.fm she said she's not moving to Tennessee.)

http://www.businessinsider.com/hannah-anderson-answered-questions-about-her-kidnapping-on-askfm-2013-8

---------------------------------------

My own analysis on one of her statements.

I cant sleep. it hasnt processed in my head yet, I still can’t believe what happened. It hasn’t even hit me yet that you guys are gone. I don’t want to believe it. I already miss you guys so much. But god needed two perfect angels with him up there to get me home and that’s exactly what you guys did. I’m sorry I didn’t say I love you enough. And I wish I could see you one last time. You both didn’t deserve any of this. And I’m sorry I couldn’t have saved you. I love you guys so much. And I’ll always know your watching over me. Ethan I hope your having fun playing with Cali up there and being a football player like you wanted to be, and mom I’m going to stay strong and go thoroughly with life to make you proud, say hi to grandpa Bob and the rest of the family. I promise I won’t let you down. Love you both with all my heart. I’ll get to see you guys again it may be soon or awhile but I promise I will see you again. #ripethan #riptina #iloveyou #imissyou #cantbelieveit #hannahstrong

Interesting.
When i'm sorry crops up in any statement it is a red flag and needs to be noted.

here she says it not once but twice making it sensitive.

I already miss you guys so much
The word already weakens this statement, already being a qualifier.
Why does she need to qualify the statement that she misses them.
Did she not expect to miss them?
Did she expect to miss them at a later date?
Who is she trying to convince?

But god needed two perfect angels with him up there to get me home and that’s exactly what you guys did.
But is used to negate the previous, why does she negate the missing you already?

I didn’t say I love you enough. And I wish I could see you one last time.
And at the the beginning of a sentence indicates missing information, what is the info that is missing between her saying she didn't say i love you enough and seeing them one last time?

You both didn’t deserve any of this. And I’m sorry I couldn’t have saved you.
This is close, that is distancing. Why is she putting herself close to what happened to them.
Again we then have AND at the beginning of a sentence indicating missing information.
It follows them not deserving what happened (torture and murder) and her saying i'm sorry.
Is this her apologising for what was done to them?
Why should she apologise for something she supposedly didn't do and didn't know about.

I love you guys so much. And I’ll always know your watching over me
She uses guys a lot in this rather than the expected mom and Ethan, guys is neutral, it conceals gender and identity, it is a distancing all encompassing word not an up close and personal word which is to be expected at the death of her mom and brother.
This would cause me to enquire about family relationships and dynamics.

Love you both with all my heart.
We know she is familiar with the pronoun I, it is one of the first things we learn as a child, i, me, mine.
When the pronoun is dropped then we understand if the subject cannot take ownership of what was said , we cannot say it for them.
the same if the pronoun changes from , i, me etc to you (2nd person distancing) or we/us ( shared, unity, co-operation)
Here we see she drops the pronoun in relation to loving them with all her heart, yet, she uses the pronoun I frequently and appropriately in her other sentences.
If she cannot take ownership of loving them with all her heart, we can't say it for her.
This again leads me to wonder why she won't or can't take ownership of loving them with all her heart.
This leads back to relationships and family dynamics.
i will go so far as to say there were/are problems in the family, did she resent her mom and brother?
Were they trying to stop an innapropriate relationship?
Stop her from seeing or contacting dimaggio?

I’ll get to see you guys again it may be soon or awhile but I promise I will see you again.
It concerns me she says she will see them again, it may be soon or a while.
Why would she introduce seeing them soon?
Given her age the expected is she is going to see them at some distant point in the future.
Is she perhaps giving us warning that she may self harm?
Has she self harmed before?
Why would she see them soon?
Is there something that would cause her to see them sooner rather than later?

What could be the something?

It wouldn't be a death sentence since given her age it wouldn't apply should she be charged, could she then self harm to avoid justice?
Self harm to be with loved ones (would that be her mom and brother or dimaggio?)

Where was she whilst her mom and brother were being tortured?
This would have taken time.
Was she there helping, encouraging or doing the torture?
Was she elsewhere?
If she was elsewhere, where was she, what was she doing, what prevented her running away and screaming for help or dialling 911?

How did she know the fire was set to go off by timer?
Who told her?
When did she find out?

If this was a simple abduction why was there a need to torture, to murder, to set fire to the house.
Abductors go in grab the victim and run, they don't hang around.
Every second counts and runs the risk of being spotted or their victim raising the alarm.

That they were tortured indicates they knew they had plenty of time, there was no fear of the abductee escaping or raising the alarm.

Given he had been allowed to take her on multi-day trips, what changed that this time he had to resort to murder to take her away?
She could have packed a bag and run away at any time.
Concealing who she was with wasn't a reason since they already knew him and had allowed her to go away with him, he wasn't a secret.

When you kill someone you have a reason, be it anger, to prevent disclosure of information, revenge or to facilitate escape.

Given what we know so far, there was no reason for the torture and murder especially of the boy.

This smacks of anger, revenge.

The torture makes me think of anger and revenge.
Payback for not being allowed to do something or to see someone?

Murder fits the facilitate escape or anger.

The torture indicates this was personal.
Torture is sometimes seen in sexual homicides, was there sexual abuse prior to the murder?

Why would dimaggio torture the mom and 8 yr old boy?
What reason would he have?
It wouldn't be because he was perhaps banned from contacting Hannah, he already had access to hannah and could collect her anytime by a single call.

Hannah on the other hand would have a reason to torture.
Anger at not being allowed to have her own way, banned from seeing or contacting dimaggio.
I will make you hurt like you hurt me.
Why her brother though?
jealousy perhaps?
He was the favorite child, the good grades, the bio child that she wasn't perhaps.
Payback for all the tattle telling perhaps?

Torture was done for a reason , i think this was done at hannahs behest or done by her, she would have the reason to do it whereas dimaggio would be the let's get out of here, tie them up and let's go.

-------------------------------

How long before she lawyers up?

I wonder, given the amount of talking she is doing online and the media, the number of red flags showing up, the phone calls and letters which could provide motive for her, if defence lawyers aren't already beating a path to her door to get her to shut up.

Everything she is saying and doing right now, make her look guilty as heck of involvement if not in the toirture then the murder.
Due to her age she wouldn't face the death penalty, she would likely be charged as an adult though, and given the heinous nature of the crime could face LWOP.

I wonder also if she has been interviewed by LE and polygraphed  (the letters and phone calls especially the turning off of the phones do look incriminating. I wonder also where the phones pinged before being turned off and when they were turned back on)

if they have polygraphed her what was the result?
if they haven't why not?
Did she refuse, did  a lawyer tell her to refuse or are LE planning on administering one in the future?

I would ask her, what is your explanation for your DNA being found on the murder weapon, the tarp and/or sleeping bag, why would there be the blood of your mom/brother/dog on your clothes?

When you go anywhere you leave a bit of yourself behind and take a part of it with you.
Hobnob
Hobnob

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Hannah Anderson, DiMaggio seen on highway 20 hours before house fire

By Kate Mather
August 20, 2013, 1:25 p.m.

Nearly 20 hours before James DiMaggio's house caught fire, the 40-year-old was already on the road with San Diego County teenager Hannah Anderson, as evidenced by a photograph taken at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint, officials said Tuesday.

San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said DiMaggio and the 16-year-old were photographed in his Nissan Versa at a westbound Old Highway 8 checkpoint at 12:10 a.m. on Aug 4.

The fire at DiMaggio's property in Boulevard -- which triggered the multistate search for Hannah -- was reported about 8 p.m. that day.

~Snipped~

Search warrants released last week indicated Hannah was picked up from a cheerleading practice the afternoon of Aug. 4, but Caldwell said that the practice was the day before.

It remains unclear when Hannah's mother and brother -- whose bodies were found on DiMaggio's property -- were killed. Coroner's officials confirmed Monday that Christina Anderson died of blunt force injury to the head, but said it was unknown when her fatal injuries occurred. Details of 8-year-old Ethan's death have not been released.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hannah-anderson-dimaggio-photograph-20130820,0,1536035.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Hob Nob and AD: Wonderful contributions. Absolutely very informative.

Here is a thot for you:
When the amber alert went off in CA, many people were VERY upset.
Their cell phones went off with a crazy and annoying alarm and they had no idea what it was all about. A gf of mine was relaxing at home with a brand new adopted puppy when her cell phone went off. She was ROYALLY irritated not knowing her phone could do that and then, how could she shut it off so it would never do that again. Her husband had just gone to bed and the sound was very irritating.

As my son asked me: IF the alarm went off on cell phones, why is it Hannah did NOT hear it or know she was being searched for? She DID have her cell phone with her. And then the alarms went to Oregon and up to Washington and Idaho... IF not on her phone, it was on the radio. And I am sure it was playing in the gas stations they stopped at for fuel...

IF she had been taken against her will, why did she not leave a message in one of the restrooms? She wears make-up and I would believe she had lipstick, mascara, etc., in her purse... She made no attempt to be rescued. Why is that?

And what is with the DNA tests -2- found in either the car or one of the homes? Whose DNA was being looked at? Whose prints were found on the boxes, the bags? Who was looking into their DNA?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 am

Here it comes....

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

James DiMaggio's Family Wants Paternity Test For Hannah Anderson
"The family of James DiMaggio has an odd request.

They want a DNA test performed on Hannah Anderson and the remains of her 8-year-old brother, Ethan.

Apparently, the family is convinced that there is a possibly that both children are DiMaggio's. Read more at 10News.com

Also, according to the Los Angeles Times, James DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson were seen on the road, 20 hours before the house caught on fire. "

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/billhandel.html/dontcacheme?article=11589876

James DiMaggio's family wants paternity tests, believes he is father of Hannah and Ethan Anderson

" .. We are requesting DNA samples from Hannah and anything they can get from Ethan. There are rumors Jim was the children's real father. The parents didn't marry until 2002. We think it's strange he left them so much money with no explanation," Spanswick said...."

" ... Spanswick said Hannah's recent behavior is also raising suspicion.

"Some things that Hannah is saying on her Facebook doesn't add up so far; her latest posts are disturbing," Spanswick said without elaborating further...."

Much more info at this link:
http://www.10news.com/news/james-dimaggios-family-wants-paternity-tests-believes-he-is-father-of-hannah-and-ethan-anderson
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 am

Friend of James DiMaggio believes he had plans to kill Hannah Anderson

Family: DiMaggio's body had multiple bullet wounds
Posted: 08/14/2013

"SAN DIEGO - A family spokesman said the man killed during an FBI rescue of a 16-year-old Lakeside girl in the Idaho wilderness had multiple bullet wounds in his chest and one in the side of the head.... "

" ... Spanswick, an experienced mental health therapist in West Hollywood, said DiMaggio's sister, Lora Robinson, saw the bullet wounds before the body was cremated Tuesday. According to Spanswick, DiMaggio's sister is interested in seeing the gun that her brother had...."

--- Where is this gun that was sposedly fired at law enforcement?
Surely, if they got the cat, they got the gun from the dead man's hand?

" ... Spanswick said the toxicology reports may reveal some answers to Dimaggio's state of mind.

"He was homicidal and suicidal and we are trying to figure out if that was from a drug induced psychosis. We are also waiting on reports to see if he may have had methamphetamine in his system," Spanswick said...."

" ... Spanswick said he believes DiMaggio's dark family history may have played a role in the incident.

"His upbringing was incredibly bad. His mother died of cancer and his father was a meth addict. It was common for his father to drop Jim and his sister off in ghost towns with no people with a couple boxes of mac and cheese. Jim had to go out and fish to provide food for his sister. His father would take them to crack houses. He was incredibly physically and emotionally abusive with them," said Spanswick.

Additionally, Spanswick said Robinson looked like Hannah...."

" ...He had a lot of things in the garage; we didn't want anyone to loot. The items are in a storage shed in New York. We are going through them," said Spanswick. ..."

Much more at link:
http://www.10news.com/news/family-of-james-dimaggio-suspect-in-idaho-rescue-had-several-wounds-hannah-anderson-081413

http://www.10news.com/news/family-of-james-dimaggio-suspect-in-idaho-rescue-had-several-wounds-hannah-anderson-081413
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm

DNA request latest twist in Hannah Anderson abduction saga

Snipped:
-----
“Brett and Tina Anderson did not meet Mr. DiMaggio until the sixth month of Tina’s pregnancy with Hannah,” said Stacy Hess, a spokesperson for Brett Anderson, in a statement.

“Brett Anderson’s DNA was used to identify the body of his dead son Ethan Anderson," Hess said in the statement.
-----

Read more:  http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/21/20117268-dna-request-latest-twist-in-hannah-anderson-abduction-saga?lite
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Nightly News   |  August 21, 2013

Tomorrow on TODAY: Hannah Anderson speaks out

Hannah Anderson, the 16-year-old held in the wilderness decided to speak with NBC News to thank her supporters. Watch at 7am ET tomorrow on TODAY.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/52813573/#52813573
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 pm

This is starting to bug me.
IF, as the pics show, Hannah and JdM were seen near the border of CA and Mexico 20 hours before the house fire:

Were the deaths already completed BEFORE the vid of the car was made?

IF so, IF JdM and Hannah did NOT return to the home after the time the vid was made of them in the car together, then the deaths occurred PRIOR to them being seen together in the car vid;

This would mean the deaths happened 20 hrs before the house fire;
no one returned to the home in that 20 hours;
where was Hannah during the 20 hours?

When was the LAST time Hannah was in the home since SHE stated THEY all went to the home to say good-by, ride the ATVS, etc..

When was the last time JdM checked in with Scripps Institute, his employer?

Need a timeline on this...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Freckles wrote:This is starting to bug me.
IF, as the pics show, Hannah and JdM were seen near the border of CA and Mexico 20 hours before the house fire:

Were the deaths already completed BEFORE the vid of the car was made?

IF so, IF JdM and Hannah did NOT return to the home after the time the vid was made of them in the car together, then the deaths occurred PRIOR to them being seen together in the car vid;

This would mean the deaths happened 20 hrs before the house fire;
no one returned to the home in that 20 hours;
where was Hannah during the 20 hours?

When was the LAST time Hannah was in the home since SHE stated THEY all went to the home to say good-by, ride the ATVS, etc..

When was the last time JdM checked in with Scripps Institute, his employer?

Need a timeline on this...
Same here, Freckles.  The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

The article I read said DiMaggio and Hannah were caught on video, on the road, 20 hours before the house caught fire, so theoretically, they were already on the road heading for Idaho during those 20 hours.

I agree; she said her family (excluding her dad) went to DiMaggio's house to say goodbye before he moved.  So she was there with her mom and brother (and the only vehicle found on the property was her mother's, implying that the didn't drive there separately).  She also said that her mom and brother were tied up in the garage.  How and when did she learn this?  Ethan's body wasn't found in the garage, so why did she think he was there?  And if he had been tied up in the garage, how did his body get into a different part of the house?  

She also said she wished she had done more to save them, but that she didn't know they were dead until LE informed her after her rescue.  Does that mean she knew they were tied up (or even tortured) before they hit the road? If she was at the house before they hit the road, where was she when her mother and brother were tortured?

These pieces just aren't fitting together.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 am

" ... Hannah, whose only public comments on the kidnapping until now came in a series of online postings, told "Today" that she had exchanged text messages with DiMaggio prior to her abduction to arrange for him to pick her up at cheerleading camp.

"And he didn't know the address or what — like, where I was. So I had to tell him the address and tell him that I was gonna be in the gym and not in front of the school," she said. "Just so he knew where to come get me."..."

------So. The school gym was a different address or location?
IIRC, ALL prior reports have stated JdM had ROUTINELY taken Hannah to and from school as well as her little bro. How did she get there that day for her to have to tell him, "Pick me up at the gym, here is the addy." Had he NEVER taken her to the school before that he would need the addy????? This does not work for me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/22/calif-girl-i-texted-with-kidnapper/2683991/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 am

"....Hannah also said that she had exchanged letters a year ago with DiMaggio because she and her mother weren't getting along and DiMaggio helped her work through the difficulties.

"Me and him would talk about how to deal with it," she said. "And I'd tell him how I felt about it. And he helped me through it. They weren't anything bad. They're just to help me through tough times. ..."

So. Hannah thinks the guy is creepy and she is talking and sharing personal details with him? Does not work. Her comments report there were ongoing home problems as there were several email exchanges... Was her father aware? Did others know? Did she consult with her father re the problems Hannah was having in the home with the mother?

Why consult with a man you find is repulsive/made advances toward you?

When she was reportedly kidnapped:
When did this happen? Day, time, place
What did he say to her?
Where were they when she realized she was not going home?

At the home:
When did they arrive at his home?
How is it SHE and HE left but the others did not?
What time did she leave? How? (Her mother's car was found at the home.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/22/calif-girl-i-texted-with-kidnapper/2683991/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 am

Slide show at bottom of story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/hannah-anderson-today-show_n_3794384.html?ref=topbar
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

Hannah Anderson speaks out in TODAY exclusive  (5:01 minutes)

Hannah Anderson speaks out in TODAY exclusive  (3:10 minutes)

Hannah Anderson Speaks out in TODAY exclusive  (1:53 minutes)

I'm posting this with prayers the videos will appear.  I have check in 'Preview' and they appear and are working.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am

The CAT bothers me. Who did the cat belong too? There is a recent picture of Hannah holding a cat making the rounds so was it her cat or was it DiMaggio's cat? If it was her cat did they go to her home to pick the cat up before hitting the road?

I take my dogs with me most of the time but not my cat so I can't see Hannah's mother taking the cat and their dog to DiMaggio's cabin to say "goodbye" to him.

Has the cat ever been addressed and I missed reading that article?
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 pm

ishi wrote:The CAT bothers me. Who did the cat belong too? There is a recent picture of Hannah holding a cat making the rounds so was it her cat or was it DiMaggio's cat? If it was her cat did they go to her home to pick the cat up before hitting the road?

I take my dogs with me most of the time but not my cat so I can't see Hannah's mother taking the cat and their dog to DiMaggio's cabin to say "goodbye" to him.

Has the cat ever been addressed and I missed reading that article?
Hi, Ishi!  AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 Others-012

The cat bothers me, too.  I don't have a link for this, but I did hear on Dr. Drew that the cat they had with them in the wilderness was DiMaggio's cat.

Hannah's cat is called PufPuf, and apparently he (or she) was left home and was safe.

Dr. Drew never really confirmed what happened to the cat they had with them.  AMBER ALERT: Hannah Anderson – Female, 16 Years-Old … Ethan Anderson – Male, 8 Years-Old - Page 2 Sad-019
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:12 pm

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/07/california-amber-alert-hannah-anderson-best-friend-disturbing-details-dimaggio

"The best friend also revealed DiMaggio never missed one of Hannah’s gymnastic and cheer practices.

“She really appreciated it but she always said it was weird that he came to every single one,” he said.

The last time McNabb spoke to his best friend was Friday night around 11 p.m. The two exchanged text messages before Hannah said she had to go to bed because she had cheer camp coaching the next day."

ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

ishi wrote:http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/07/california-amber-alert-hannah-anderson-best-friend-disturbing-details-dimaggio

"The best friend also revealed DiMaggio never missed one of Hannah’s gymnastic and cheer practices.

“She really appreciated it but she always said it was weird that he came to every single one,” he said.

The last time McNabb spoke to his best friend was Friday night around 11 p.m. The two exchanged text messages before Hannah said she had to go to bed because she had cheer camp coaching the next day."

Thanks for this article, Ishi. It poses two more contradictions:

If DiMaggio went to all her cheer practices, why did she have to exchange texts with him to give him directions?

Why is she saying she had cheering practice that day when recent reports are saying the cheering practice was the day before?

Just doesn't add up.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Thanks for this article, Ishi.  It poses two more contradictions:

If DiMaggio went to all her cheer practices, why did she have to exchange texts with him to give him directions?

Why is she saying she had cheering practice that day when recent reports are saying the cheering practice was the day before?

Just doesn't add up.
Hi, CP!  I just want to share something with you that I noticed Hannah said in the interview she gave this morning.

She calls it 'Cheer Camp.'  I'm wondering if by that she means a special cheerleading practice--a little different than a routine one.  She seems to imply that this 'Cheer Camp' required a different time for pick-up and place than what had been normal--thus her reason for the text exchange; supposedly not phone calls.  (See the first video that I linked above to see what you think of this.  It's right near the start.)

I don't know what to make of the recent reports saying this occurred the day before.  It's turning into a case of who to believe.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next