Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2

+5
One Wonders
justanopinion
Freckles
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 am

One Wonders wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140415/bashara-defense-team-finally-set-with-mccarthy-appointment

Bashara Defense Team Finally Set With McCarthy Appointment

"Michael J. McCarthy, based in Redford Township, was named to Bashara’s defense team Tuesday in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit, partnering with Lillian Diallo, who was named several weeks ago."

“Mr. McCarthy has been a lawyer for over 30 years,” she told Bashara in court. “He’s done a lot of high-profile cases, more or less in Oakland County. You will be very satisfied with his representation as I know you have been with Miss Dialo’s. I want you to know he is more than capable and more than willing to take your case.”

"McCarthy represented Mitchell Young, who last year was convicted of murder as an accomplice to co-defendant Tucker Cipriano in the death of Cipriano’s father, Robert, at the Cipriano home in Farmington Hills, and severe injuries to Cipriano’s mother and brother."

"She (Evans) set a schedule that set several motion hearing dates and maintained an Oct. 6 trial for Bashara."
BBM Uhhh... I ddo not think BB would be "very satisfied" with McCarthy. Appears to me he lost the Mitchell Young case!  Shocked 
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2

Post by angiefly2 Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:06 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Bashara struggling to find second lawyer to take case

Judge Evans says lawyers don't want case
Published On:  1 h

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT - Bob Bashara was back in front of a Wayne County judge Friday, continuing his fight to get a second court-appointed attorney on his defense team for his upcoming murder trial. But instead of settling on the issue, there's now a worry that there isn't another lawyer that will take the case.

...Evans said other lawyers don't want to take the case. She will interview more lawyers, and tells Bashara he will know his legal team by April 15.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-struggling-to-find-second-lawyer-to-take-case/25329464
Wow CP! No lawyer wants to touch this case? I, personally, have never seen this happen to this extent. Are these lawyers court appointed (public defenders)? If so, I was always under the impression that they had to take a case unless there is a very good reason for them not to. IMHO I think this judge is playing it safe and making sure BB has fair representation (afforded to any US citizen). I just find it odd that nobody wants to represent him. ( I admit I find it kind of funny, except for the fact that it's delaying justice) I guess most lawyers don't want to be a part of this high profile case because frankly there isn't a defense. BB should plead out and save everybody time and money. We all know he did it. He's one narcissistic SOB.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Freckles wrote:
One Wonders wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140415/bashara-defense-team-finally-set-with-mccarthy-appointment

Bashara Defense Team Finally Set With McCarthy Appointment

"Michael J. McCarthy, based in Redford Township, was named to Bashara’s defense team Tuesday in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit, partnering with Lillian Diallo, who was named several weeks ago."

“Mr. McCarthy has been a lawyer for over 30 years,” she told Bashara in court. “He’s done a lot of high-profile cases, more or less in Oakland County. You will be very satisfied with his representation as I know you have been with Miss Dialo’s. I want you to know he is more than capable and more than willing to take your case.”

"McCarthy represented Mitchell Young, who last year was convicted of murder as an accomplice to co-defendant Tucker Cipriano in the death of Cipriano’s father, Robert, at the Cipriano home in Farmington Hills, and severe injuries to Cipriano’s mother and brother."

"She (Evans) set a schedule that set several motion hearing dates and maintained an Oct. 6 trial for Bashara."
BBM Uhhh... I ddo not think BB would be "very satisfied" with McCarthy. Appears to me he lost the Mitchell Young case!   Shocked 

LOL, I guess your right Freckles, I hadn't thought of that. No matter, I don't think anyone can get him off on these charges, at least I hope not.

I just recently watched the Mitchell Young trial on youtube, so now I need to go back and have a look at McCarthy a second time and see if he has a prayer in this case, lol.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 pm

angiefly2 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:
Bashara struggling to find second lawyer to take case

Judge Evans says lawyers don't want case
Published On:  1 h

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT - Bob Bashara was back in front of a Wayne County judge Friday, continuing his fight to get a second court-appointed attorney on his defense team for his upcoming murder trial. But instead of settling on the issue, there's now a worry that there isn't another lawyer that will take the case.

...Evans said other lawyers don't want to take the case. She will interview more lawyers, and tells Bashara he will know his legal team by April 15.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-struggling-to-find-second-lawyer-to-take-case/25329464
Wow CP! No lawyer wants to touch this case? I, personally, have never seen this happen to this extent. Are these lawyers court appointed (public defenders)? If so, I was always under the impression that they had to take a case unless there is a very good reason for them not to. IMHO I think this judge is playing it safe and making sure BB has fair representation (afforded to any US citizen). I just find it odd that nobody wants to represent him. ( I admit I find it kind of funny, except for the fact that it's delaying justice)  I guess most lawyers don't want to be a part of this high profile case because frankly there isn't a defense. BB should plead out and save everybody time and money. We all know he did it. He's one narcissistic SOB.

Hey Ang, long time no see. Hope your doing well.
He does have a second lawyer now, but your right, that I have never seen that no one wanted to take a case either and I thought it was funny too. I do wonder what could happen if all lawyers refused to defend a client, cuz if you force someone I would think it would cause all kinds of appellate issues in the future and would they be able to take an outta stater to defend him, I'm sure Baez would be up for it if ya know what I mean, lol.   And yes I do believe he has to take a public defender (probably cuz he hid all his assets while out running the streets and such, IMO anyway. Cept I think part of the reason he wanted Jane dead was to cash in on insurance money cuz he was broke, I don't know.). Pretty sickening huh? But I hope in the end Jane and her children, family and friends will see justice served on a silver platter that BB forgot to hide or sell.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Most attys would jump to represent at a high profile case even if they believed it was a losing case. It is the challenge to their expertise in presenting their case as well as media recognition which appeals to the narcissism of the atty. I have wondered WHY attys are not jumping to represent BB.

Is it because he is such a nasty piece of work?
We have seen worse with Son of Sam, Bundy, etc. and they had no trouble getting lawyers to represent them.

Is it because the media will ALL be highly opinionated against them making it more of a challenge to do a good job in court? I prefer to think it may be the case will drag on in court for months and that would tie them up from more lucrative cases.

Why would it drag on so long?
Many aspects to the case and each has its evidence and witnesses.
A LOT of evidence and witnesses!!!! IIRC, BB attempted to hire an assassin for his wife, Jane, and reached out to individuals in at least 6 other states...

I would like to know what excuses have been offered to the courts...
 No 
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue May 06, 2014 5:13 pm

A new woman in Bob Bashara's life?

Published On: Apr 17 2014 11:38:41 PM EDT   Updated On: Apr 18 2014 12:13:41 AM EDT

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Source:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/A-new-woman-in-Bob-Bashara-s-life/25544424
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Judge says 'resolution' possible in Bashara murder case

September 8, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Detroit — In what was to be the final conference before Bob Bashara goes on trial on murder charges, a Wayne Circuit Judge on Monday suggested he consider whether to accept “a potential resolution” that was discussed privately in the judge’s chambers.

“There’s a chance that there may be a potential resolution,” Judge Vonda Evans told Bashara, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the Jan. 24, 2012, slaying of his wife, Jane Bashara. “I want to explore that. There’s a lot at stake here. There’s a lot at stake as far as you’re concerned; you’re 57 years old ... your children, and the community at large.”

...Evans ordered the parties to return to her courtroom Sept. 24 to discuss the possible resolution. The trial is set to begin Oct. 6.

After Monday’s hearing, Bashara’s attorney Lillian Diablo was asked whether she was working on a plea deal with prosecutors. She said she couldn’t comment, citing a gag order, but added: “Stay tuned for further developments.”

...Evans also ruled Bashara’s involvement in the sexual bondage lifestyle could be admitted during trial, but not what Lindsey called an “obsession” he had with erotic asphyxiation.

Read more:  http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140908/METRO01/309080080/Judge-says-resolution-possible-Bashara-murder-case
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Judge in Bob Bashara case wants to explore 'resolution' to case

7:15 PM, September 8, 2014

Prosecutors and defense attorneys sparred over what should be allowed during the trial.

...Evans ruled the sexual act of “breath play,” where oxygen is restricted, will not be allowed, but she will allow alternative lifestyle information, as well as evidence about his marital discord and affairs.

Evans also ruled information from Jane Bashara’s journal in which she said she can’t trust what Bob says would be allowed during the trial.

Additionally, Evans granted the defense’s request to throw out a felony firearm charge in the case after the defense argued there was nothing presented on the record to support it.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/article/20140908/NEWS02/309080125/bob-jane-bashara-grosse-pointe
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 am

Ooooooo, please make this moron have a trial as I want to see him hang himself and talk in chat....
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 am

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-pretrial-hearing-for-bob-bashara/28220636
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Ugghhhh!!
Deprived of another trial to watch which would have been a doozy.
Damn it, damn it, damn it.
Brought over from justice4jane web site.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByTavB8IgAAKt9o.jpg
However...
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2014/09/24/resolution-discussed-basharas-murder-case/16144381/
"both prosecutors and Bashara's attorneys said there was no offer for a plea deal on the table."
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm

There will be a trial but if the tweets I am reading are correct it may not be live streamed. Judge will hear from the media on Oct 3 to reconsider.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 pm

I am so bummed out. No JA and possibly no BB.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:13 am

"After a final pretrial hearing at 9 a.m. Oct. 3, Bashara’s trial is slated to start at 9 a.m. Oct. 6."

http://www.candgnews.com/news/bashara-murder-trial-set-start-this-month
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 am

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  22m 22 minutes ago

Busy day in court today. Weekley case this morning; Bashara at 2 pm.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:57 am

Bob Bashara, accused in the death of his wife, is scheduled to be back in court this afternoon for a hearing leading up to his trial, which is set to begin Monday with jury selection.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2014/10/03/bashara-court-hearing/16610739
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:00 am

I wish I knew for sure what was going on. No live streaming...maybe live streaming...different times for today's hearing. What a mess.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:04 am

ishi wrote:I wish I knew for sure what was going on. No live streaming...maybe live streaming...different times for today's hearing. What a mess.

I know!  Very frustrating!  Hopefully, we'll have some answers this afternoon.  Thanks for the updates!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:16 am

OH thank goodness you found the time of the hearing, CP! Now here's to hoping we get to see it and the trial!
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 am

I'll second all of that. Very Happy
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Watch live: Final hearing for Bob Bashara before trial

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-has-final-hearing-friday-trial-on-murder-charge-slated-to-start-next-week/28375874

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Thank you CP!
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:10 pm

ishi wrote:Thank you CP!

You're welcome! I changed the link, so make sure you click on the revised link above.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:27 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 4m 4 minutes ago

Judge denied motion to have Gentz' competency results made available.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:28 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3m 3 minutes ago

Judge Vonda Evans deciding whether defense can bring up to jury Joe Gentz' former offenses against women and children.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 pm

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 14s 15 seconds ago

Another matter: Judge will allow Big Bob to sit between his attorneys during the trial, so nobody overhears his discussion with lawyers

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

Defense not allowed to bring up Gentz's history until judge rules on its admissibility.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:41 pm

The Bashara trial will now start on Tuesday, Oct. 7.

Nothing was said about live streaming, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment about live streaming)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Is it over? Did I miss the whole hearing?
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:53 pm

ishi wrote:Is it over? Did I miss the whole hearing?

Afraid so; it only lasted about 20 minutes.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:01 pm

This day sucks. Oh well. And we still don't know if she will allow a live stream. I would say TGIF but it feels more like a Monday. lol
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm

ishi wrote:This day sucks. Oh well. And we still don't know if she will allow a live stream. I would say TGIF but it feels more like a Monday. lol

Oh, sorry you're having a bad day.

If I can find a video archive of today's hearing, I'll post it.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:14 pm

FINAL PRETRIAL HEARING FOR BOB BASHARA 10/03/2014

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5fkAJWOVjc

The note under the video says:  **NOTE** Bob Bashara's trial begins on October 7th, The judge has ruled that No Live Streaming is Allowed!**
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 am

Thank you CP, I'm just now getting here after a busy day (for me anyway, lol). Very disappointed we wont be watching live stream. Hopefully there will be locals who will attend and send out tweets.

Ishi, I hope your day is over now and that your resting.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:27 am

Judge bans live stream at Bob Bashara's Oct. 6 trial, is 'tired of last-minute' defense motions

By  Gus Burns | fburns@mlive.com  
on September 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM, updated September 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

DETROIT, MI -- Robert "Master Bob" Bashara, wearing a burgundy Wayne County Jail suit, appeared in court Wednesday for a pretrial hearing leading up to his Oct. 6 scheduled trial date.

During the hearing, Wayne Circuit Judge Vonda Evans issued media orders banning live streaming of the trial, among other rules. Live streaming video was allowed during the preliminary hearing conducted last September and at all hearings leading up to the trial.

Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12 #2 - Page 3 ByTavB8IgAAKt9o

• No live stream

Read more:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/09/judge_bans_live_stream_at_bob.html#incart_related_stories
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Cathy ‏@courtchatter Oct 6

Judge is allowing live stream of Openings and closings in #BobBashara #Bashara. At least we get something! Jury selection begins tomorrow.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago

Judge would like opening statements Thursday morning in #BobBashara

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm

NEW THREAD SET UP FOR TRIAL:  http://www.realitychatter.com/t4585-robert-bashara-trial#239202

Please post future comments there.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3