Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2

+10
Estee
ClaireUncensored
wonderingwhy
Stolat
Dis
nanshin
eva
Julie
KZ
sitemama
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 Empty Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2

Post by sitemama Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 am

I think the families of the dead and missing women should have the kids.  That's a lot of responsibility for a young man of 31.

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding "#2" to topic title)
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 Empty Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:42 am

sitemama wrote:I think the families of the dead and missing women should have the kids. That's a lot of responsibility for a young man of 31.

sitemama, I spent some time reading on the kids tonight and from all accounts, DP's son is doing a good job raising the kids according to surrounding neighbors, their school, and other's. CPS evaluated the situation in 2009 when DP was arrested and he got a favorable report but CPS stated all 4 of the children should be kept together and whomever had custody of the children should be prepared to provide the accomadations for 4.

It appears there was never an option for the grandparent's to get custody, I too doubt that Kathleen's parent's would want to raise Stacy's kids nor Stacy's siblings would want to raise Kathleen's. just speculating. imo, they couldn't get the children away from the 31 yr. old son if they had even wanted to. DP'S pension payments go to the support of the children.

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am

I agree, ArtTart. As long as Drew's pension goes to support the minor children, I'm fine with it. But when they reach majority, it should stop. IMO.

How old are the minors?
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:49 am

Dateline: 'Drew Peterson: Deadly Intent'

6 Videos:

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/drew-peterson-deadly-intent-part-2/17yt83csv
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 am

I see where you are coming from art & KZ, about keeping the kids together. I was also wondering the ages of Stacy's kids? Is this 31 y/o from the first or second wife? Does he have help from family members?

My oldest daughter was murdered and she had a 2-1/2 y/o son and 13 month old daughter. Naturally I took them and raised them. Then when my second daughter died from cancer, she left 5 y/o twins and my oldest granddaughter, whom I had raised took the twins. She turned 22 a week after she got the twins. They are now 15 and she has a 7 y/o son of her own. She is a single mom now, because her Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 873843 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 647788 husband was so mean to the twins, they separated. It takes me and my daughter helping just to get all the kids to doctor appts, sports practices, etc.

I just wondered if any one was helping him out?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 am

sitemama- some background info on kids:Stephen Peterson, 32 yrs. old, Drew Peterson's oldest son, has been living with his four younger step-siblings in the family home since his father's arrest. One neighbor said she has walked Drew Peterson's two youngest children, whose mother is Stacy Peterson, several blocks to their school each morning for years.

"They are just wonderful children, so polite," said another neighbor, who declined to be named and whose children are friends with the Petersons. "They have been to my house many times. Someone is raising them right, for them to be the way they are with all they've been through."

Thomas Peterson, Drew Peterson's oldest son by Kathleen Savio, was valedictorian of his class at Bolingbrook High School in 2011.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-30/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-neighborhood-0730-20120730_1_sharon-bychowski-stacy-peterson-drew-peterson-s-bolingbrook

more background information:
DP and 2nd wife divorced because of affair DP & Kathleen were having.

1992 - May 1992 Kathleen/DP married.
DIVORCED: Oct. 10, 2003

2003 - Stacy married DP in Oct. 2003, Stacy was pregnant when they married. They had 2 children together. (DP married Stacy a week after his final divorce from Kathleen)

2004 - Kathleen died in March 2004. She and DP had 2 boys together, Thomas and Kristopher.

2007 - October 2007 Stacy disappeared, her children were ages 2 and 4 yrs. old.

2009 - May 7, 2009 DP arrested for Kathleen's murder.

2012 - Sept. 7, 2012, C O N V I C T E D!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:13 am

sitemama, you and your daughter have done a wonderful act of love caring for your other daughter's children. I know it must be challenging at times, but I know the children must feel loved and safe.

In no way do I think Stephen's job is easy, raising 4 children of varying ages has to be a challenge. DP's pension I assume affords him to hire help as needed but I am speculating. Surely too DP may have extended family that may help out. Stacy's children are still so young.

There is a recurring fact in the life of DP, the POS can't be without a woman, he's needy. It appears he replaced the one he was with with the next woman. I don't know why he even bothered to marry any of the wives, apparently he didn't remain faithful to any of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:53 am

Peterson's police pension may be challenged

Ex-officer convicted of killing 3rd wife could lose $79,000 a year in retirement benefits

September 07, 2012|By Andy Grimm, Chicago Tribune reporter

Drew Peterson could lose his $79,000 annual pension from the Bolingbrook Police Department as a result of the guilty verdict in his murder trial.

Under state law governing public employee pensions, a local pension board could revoke Peterson's pension if it determines he used his police powers or even his skills as a veteran officer in the 2004 murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson retired as a sergeant in 2007, just a month shy of serving 30 years with the department, said Detective Henry Cunningham, the pension board chairman.

Richard Reimer, the attorney for the pension board, said Friday he had requested copies of transcripts of Peterson's trial and would prepare a report to the board. The board cannot move to cut off Peterson's monthly pension payments until after he has been sentenced in November, Reimer said.

Read more:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-07/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-pension-0908-20120908_1_pension-board-police-pension-joel-brodsky
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:33 am

KZ wrote:I agree, ArtTart. As long as Drew's pension goes to support the minor children, I'm fine with it. But when they reach majority, it should stop. IMO.

How old are the minors?

KZ - Stacy's kids are 7 & 9 years old. They were 2 & 4 yrs. old when Stacy disappeared. Sad to think they may have few memories of her since they were so young. It's hard to believe they are still so young.

One of Kathleen's sons is over 18, the other probably close to being over 18 yrs. of age. Social Security benefits would have been paid monthly to DP after Kathleen's death, suvivor's benefits for minor children, although DP doesn't qualify for social security as he is in a State retirement fund, Kathleen would have. DP and Kathleen were divorced when she died and their children were minors so they would have qualified most likely since Kathleen at some point in her life probably worked at jobs that she paid into social security.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Beth Karas interview with James Glasgow

Will Peterson face charges for Stacy's disappearance?

By Graham Winch
updated 1:06 PM EDT, Fri September 07, 2012

•Drew Peterson was convicted of murder Thursday for killing his third wife Kathleen Savio
•Prosecutor James Glasgow says Peterson may face additional charges for Stacy Peterson's disappearance

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/07/prosecutor-peterson-could-be-charge-stacys-disappearance?hpt=ts1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Velez-Mitchell: Peterson verdict a victory for women.

By Richard Dool
updated 1:07 PM EDT, Fri September 07, 2012

•Jane calls this verdict a victory for battered women everywhere

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/06/jane-peterson-verdict-victory-women
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:41 pm

datelinenbc "I guess that will ruin my Christmas." -#DrewPeterson reportedly said after hearing guilty verdict. #Dateline
16 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:55 pm

After following the Casey Anthony trial (and we all know how THAT turned out!) ~ I did not follow the Peterson trial at all.

However! Now I see that it's safe to come out and actually pay attention to this trial, now that we aren't seeing an OJ Simpson dancing / Casey Anthony dancing walk.........
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Julie wrote:
datelinenbc "I guess that will ruin my Christmas." -#DrewPeterson reportedly said after hearing guilty verdict. #Dateline

Cool hehehe lol! its a beautiful thin Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 917988 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 335778 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 179695 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 907130 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 897702

Oh and here's a vision crystal ball from the ghost of Drew's Christmas future

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 624539 Jail Crying or Very sad
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Dateline: 'Drew Peterson: Deadly Intent'

6 Videos:

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/drew-peterson-deadly-intent-part-2/17yt83csv

Alessandra_Deux - great link, excellent Dateline, a must see for anyone that followed the case. I was suprised that the clergy Stacy confided in was so young. Beth Casaress contributed as well as Stacy's attorney and sister.

Glasgow said the reward for information about Stacy is $ 100,000.00. They are hoping for new information or where remains are.

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

Art, Eva and Allessandra, so true about dateline. I am glad I dvr'd it. I also watched Judge Jeanine last night. Brodsky is still arguing the hearsay ! Jeanine and her other guests vehemently reminded him that the state of Illinois ruled on that ! He proceeded to say Harry Smith's testimony was "changed" since other testimony and depo. Why didn't they try to impeach him then ?
foxnews.com/onair/justice-jeanine/index
nanshin
nanshin

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 am

nanshin wrote:Art, Eva and Allessandra, so true about dateline. I am glad I dvr'd it. I also watched Judge Jeanine last night. Brodsky is still arguing the hearsay ! Jeanine and her other guests vehemently reminded him that the state of Illinois ruled on that ! He proceeded to say Harry Smith's testimony was "changed" since other testimony and depo. Why didn't they try to impeach him then ?

Unsure of why that didn't link correctly Embarassed
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 am

nanshin wrote:
nanshin wrote:Art, Eva and Allessandra, so true about dateline. I am glad I dvr'd it. I also watched Judge Jeanine last night. Brodsky is still arguing the hearsay ! Jeanine and her other guests vehemently reminded him that the state of Illinois ruled on that ! He proceeded to say Harry Smith's testimony was "changed" since other testimony and depo. Why didn't they try to impeach him then ?

Unsure of why that didn't link correctly Embarassed

nanshin, I hate when those links don't work but sometimes it happens. This is Judge Jeannine's link from last night. Brodsky needs to go away and take his arrogant POS wiseguy coharts with him. He isn't helping his client nor convinciing anyone of DP's innocence.

Harry Smith discusses his testimony, Cassandra Cales, Stacy's aunt, and author of Fatal Vows were on.

DP case turns to 4th wife:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justice-jeanine/index.html

Last edited by art tart on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:23 am

Kathleen Savio filed an Order of Protection against then husband Drew Peterson in March 2002. Peterson was served with a Domestic Violence Act Summons requiring him to appear before the Will County Court on April 1, 2002.

Kathleen Savio's Order of Protection:

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/savios-order-of-protection.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

Stacy Peterson's pastor: Drew Peterson was scary

September 7, 2012

Watch this video to see Stacy Peterson's Pastor Neil Schori talk about how Drew Peterson tried to intimidate him.

Schori told In Session's Christi Paul that Drew was very "intimidating and controling" with Stacy.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Peterson prosecutor believed in Savio's case

Sunday, September 09, 2012

By Diane Pathieu

September 8, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- After five weeks of testimony in the Drew Peterson trial, Will County Assistant State's Attorney Chris Koch was tapped to deliver one of the most important closing arguments of his career.

A self-described laid-back guy, Koch was anything but during the closing. He was passionate, loud, and full of expression.

The jurors and those in the gallery saw a much different side of him. It's because, he says, he believed in Kathleen Savio's case.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8803410
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Peterson guilty: The day after

September 9, 2012 8:58PM

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 Jpeg
Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow comments Wednesday, Nov. 10, outside the Will County Courthouse in Joliet on Scott Eby's guilty plea in the 2004 murder of 3-year-old Riley Fox, of Wilmington. | Michael R. Schmidt~Sun-Times Media

“People are coming up to me and thanking me, like they’ve known me all my life,” Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow said the day after Drew Peterson’s murder conviction.

“This is not about me, this is about the vitriolic misogyny that (Peterson) spewed on national TV, and they never forgot it,” Glasgow added with his own flair for words. “This guy was perceived as evil incarnate. Holding him accountable, it’s like everybody feels vindicated.”

Read more:

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/15000349-418/peterson-guilty-the-day-after.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 am

eva wrote:
Julie wrote:

Cool hehehe lol! its a beautiful thin Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 917988 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 335778 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 179695 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 907130 Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 897702

Oh and here's a vision crystal ball from the ghost of Drew's Christmas future

Drew Peterson Trial Discussion #2 624539 Jail Crying or Very sad

*Like*
rocker
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am

Hey Dis Doll! Cool
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Dream team’ defense confronts its loss in Drew Peterson trial

By Stacy St. Clair, Steve Schmadeke and Matthew Walberg — Chicago Tribune

Created: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:29 a.m. CDT

~Snipped~

“It’s like a chopstick in the eye,” said Ralph Meczyk, one of Peterson’s six attorneys.

Trial participants suggest that Peterson’s defense — whom lead attorney Joel Brodsky repeatedly referred to as “the dream team” — fell victim to a devastating miscalculation by its leader and the former Bolingbrook police sergeant’s unyielding loyalty to him.

Several jurors blamed Peterson’s conviction on Brodskym saying the decision to call Kathleen Savio’s divorce attorney, Harry Smith, tipped the scales in the prosecution’s favor. Smith told jurors that Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, asked him if she could get more money in a divorce if she threatened to tell police about her husband’s role in Savio’s death.

Brodsky decided to call Smith against the rest of the defense team’s advice. Defense attorney Steve Greenberg was overheard yelling at Brodsky in a courthouse hallway before Smith’s appearance, pleading with Brodsky not to do it.

The debate ended when Peterson sided with Brodsky, sources said.

Read more:

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/2012/09/10/dream-team-defense-confronts-its-loss-in-drew-peterson-trial/a7s9jcl/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

After conviction Peterson lawyers ask judge to toss lawsuit

By Andy Grimm
Tribune reporter
12:22 p.m. CDT, September 10, 2012

Just days after a jury found him guilty of murdering his third wife, lawyers for Drew Peterson filed a motion this morning to dismiss a wrongful death lawsuit against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant.

Peterson was found guilty Thursday of murdering Kathleen Savio in 2004. The couple’s two sons have asked to be removed from a civil lawsuit filed on their behalf by Savio’s estate. During the second week of Peterson’s murder trial, Kris Peterson visited the Will County Courthouse the day after his 18th birthday to file paperwork in the civil case. Kris spoke briefly with his father during a break in the murder trial, leaving the courtroom before testimony re-started.

Read more:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-after-conviction-peterson-lawyers-ask-judge-to-toss-lawsuit-20120910,0,4097395.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

It's suprising this may or may not move forward, the parent's legal standing is questionable as stated by the Savio attorney when the boy's withdrew their support. Kathleen's 2 boy's are her legal heirs to her estate, not her parent's/sister, the 2 son's of Kathleen had to participate for the suit to be filed in the first place, now they have both withdrawn from the suit. Any monies DP has are being used to support 4 kids, there may not be any assets of DP's left after attorney's are paid. DP's adult son is living in DP's home and so are the other 4 children, the home is exempt from any Civil Suit. Any monies put into trust for the children are protected as well.

The attorney for the Savio family claims "the 2 boy's may have been persuaded to drop out of the Civil Suit," but they have no way of knowing that UNLESS they depose them. Due to the angry remarks DP'S son voiced after the verdict, he admantently supports his father.

Legally it will be interesting to see how this plays out. In the case of Ronald Goldman, his dad Fred/sister filed the CIVIL suit but Ron had no children as heirs to his estate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am

Peterson attorney: Jury didn’t understand forensics

By Pat krochmal | pkrochmal@pioneerlocal.com September 11, 2012 8:16AM

NORTHBROOK — In the eyes of the attorney who presented the forensics in defense of convicted murderer Drew Peterson, the jury simply didn’t understand.

Peterson, a former Bollingbrook police sergeant, was found guilty last week in Will County Court of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Meczyk, of Northbrook, said he was astounded when he learned that the jury had little, if any, idea of what the forensic presentations meant.

Read more:

http://northbrook.suntimes.com/news/15065171-781/peterson-attorney-jury-didnt-understand-forensics.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 pm

art tart wrote:It's suprising this may or may not move forward, the parent's legal standing is questionable as stated by the Savio attorney when the boy's withdrew their support. Kathleen's 2 boy's are her legal heirs to her estate, not her parent's/sister, the 2 son's of Kathleen had to participate for the suit to be filed in the first place, now they have both withdrawn from the suit. Any monies DP has are being used to support 4 kids, there may not be any assets of DP's left after attorney's are paid. DP's adult son is living in DP's home and so are the other 4 children, the home is exempt from any Civil Suit. Any monies put into trust for the children are protected as well.

The attorney for the Savio family claims "the 2 boy's may have been persuaded to drop out of the Civil Suit," but they have no way of knowing that UNLESS they depose them. Due to the angry remarks DP'S son voiced after the verdict, he admantently supports his father.

Legally it will be interesting to see how this plays out. In the case of Ronald Goldman, his dad Fred/sister filed the CIVIL suit but Ron had no children as heirs to his estate.

These two spawns have little hope with a father like that and no nurturing mother to balance out the pure vile chauvenism with which they've been infested. I'm sure in their victimized view they feel "abandoned" by Savio's family because that releasese them from all accountability for their actions and behaviors.

My sister's now adult son is same boat -- spawn of abusive wife-beating father who chose to live wih the father because he threw money and guilt/fear at him instead of guidance and moral values. We as a family voiced our displeasure with him for not standing up more for his mother and protecting her when she was being beaten. His response was that she shouldn't have made his dad mad (!!!!!) shifty . The son didn't want to stand up to his father and took the easy road out and play the victim instead. Any time he came to family parties, he'd berate his mother openly - just like his father had. So we stopped inviting him and told him he could come back when he learned to treat his mother with respect. So he now just whines and tells everyone we abandoned him. Frankly, I think he's an @sshole, just like his father - sadly enough because he used to be a nice kid. Goes to show what poison of a father like that does to a kid. Sadly, Kathleen Savio's family is in very similar boat and must be hurt tremendously by their betrayal.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but I found this fascinating about Drew Peterson ~
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 pm

stolat, Kathleen's boy's had limited access to visit the grandparent's and aunt just as Stacy's children haven't had access to Stacy's sisters for visits. Stephen, the 32 yr. old son of DP's has denied the visits the families have requested and DP denied the visits before he was arrested.

Drew and Kathleen's boy's have made up their minds about DP's innocense. Stacy's children are still young, maybe the sister's could get a Court to grant them visitation as DP isn't a functioning parent in jail, though Stephen is going to continue raising them. It's complicated, Nicole Simpson's family walked on egg shells to try to continue a relationship w/Nicole's chldren, it's hard to believe they are grown now living their own lives.

I hate that about your nephew, it seems he has adopted the same attitude as his dad has taught him about women, a real disaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Peterson fires attorney that warned against Savio's divorce attorney testifying.

Drew Peterson has fired the attorney who loudly warned against calling Kathleen Savio’s divorce lawyer as a defense witness – a move which Peterson’s lead counsel insisted upon and many considered a devastating miscalculation.

Smith told jurors that Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, asked him if she could get more money in a divorce if she threatened to tell police about her husband’s role in Savio’s death.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-fires-lawyer-who-opposed-savio-divorce-lawyer-as-witness-20120911,0,5205957.story

GO figure....... Brodsky did Peterson a tremendous dis-service. LOL, maybe its K A R M A.

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

art tart wrote:stolat, Kathleen's boy's had limited access to visit the grandparent's and aunt just as Stacy's children haven't had access to Stacy's sisters for visits. Stephen, the 32 yr. old son of DP's has denied the visits the families have requested and DP denied the visits before he was arrested.

Drew and Kathleen's boy's have made up their minds about DP's innocense. Stacy's children are still young, maybe the sister's could get a Court to grant them visitation as DP isn't a functioning parent in jail, though Stephen is going to continue raising them. It's complicated, Nicole Simpson's family walked on egg shells to try to continue a relationship w/Nicole's chldren, it's hard to believe they are grown now living their own lives.

I hate that about your nephew, it seems he has adopted the same attitude as his dad has taught him about women, a real disaster.
Art, believe it or not dp can file responses and / or motions to object to any change in visitation or custody. Unfortunately his parental rights have not been terminated. In family court i have had many grandparents file for visitation rights. Even if one of the parents are incarcerated they need to be noticed of said filing. also, believe it or not the filer usually knows where the inmate is ! A social worker in the jail usually assists the inmates, then they can learn to file on their own. Actually, most of the time i received a notarized consent from the jail from the parent agreeing to the requested visitation. Of course, each state has their own court rules.
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Just to add, although each state has its own court rules, family court rules are very similar in most states. An example, the Powell case .
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

nanshin wrote:
art tart wrote:stolat, Kathleen's boy's had limited access to visit the grandparent's and aunt just as Stacy's children haven't had access to Stacy's sisters for visits. Stephen, the 32 yr. old son of DP's has denied the visits the families have requested and DP denied the visits before he was arrested.

Art, believe it or not dp can file responses and / or motions to object to any change in visitation or custody. Unfortunately his parental rights have not been terminated. In family court i have had many grandparents file for visitation rights. Even if one of the parents are incarcerated they need to be noticed of said filing. also, believe it or not the filer usually knows where the inmate is ! A social worker in the jail usually assists the inmates, then they can learn to file on their own. Actually, most of the time i received a notarized consent from the jail from the parent agreeing to the requested visitation. Of course, each state has their own court rules.

nanshin, you make an important point, DP's rights haven't been terminated and probably won't be since DP is the master of control . CPS said that the 4 children should stay together, I assume the same family home and it seems the most likely person is going to continue to be Stephen, the 32 yr. old son taking care of the minor children. Unfortuately that means the children may be prevented from seeing Stacy's sisters as DP's children w/Kathleen are old enough to decide for themselves, from the comments made after the verdict, it doesn't seem the boys are interested in the Savio's.

I can see as you pointed out that some inmates allow grandparent's to visit but maybe they didn't perpertrate a crime against their spouse or even murder as DP has done, I'm glad to hear it is done in some cases. Children need all the unconditional love they can get, it's sad DP/Stephen are going to continue to prevent visits, I guess the brainwashing will continue until Stacy's children are grown.

I saw an interview over the weekend w/Stacy's family, a reporter ask ''how are Stacy's children,'' the family answered, ''we have no idea, we aren't allowed to see the children." Life hasn't been fair to Kathleen or Stacy, it irks me to death that their children have lived under the influences of a murderer and that's not likely to change. imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm

art tart wrote:
nanshin wrote:

nanshin, you make an important point, DP's rights haven't been terminated and probably won't be since DP is the master of control . CPS said that the 4 children should stay together, I assume the same family home and it seems the most likely person is going to continue to be Stephen, the 32 yr. old son taking care of the minor children. Unfortuately that means the children may be prevented from seeing Stacy's sisters as DP's children w/Kathleen are old enough to decide for themselves, from the comments made after the verdict, it doesn't seem the boys are interested in the Savio's.

I can see as you pointed out that some inmates allow grandparent's to visit but maybe they didn't perpertrate a crime against their spouse or even murder as DP has done, I'm glad to hear it is done in some cases. Children need all the unconditional love they can get, it's sad DP/Stephen are going to continue to prevent visits, I guess the brainwashing will continue until Stacy's children are grown.

I saw an interview over the weekend w/Stacy's family, a reporter ask ''how are Stacy's children,'' the family answered, ''we have no idea, we aren't allowed to see the children." Life hasn't been fair to Kathleen or Stacy, it irks me to death that their children have lived under the influences of a murderer and that's not likely to change. imo.

Yes, Art that is so true about the children. It seems in this case and so many we follow the children get hurt the most. Not only do the loose their mother but the extended family who love them. Also, as you say the cases I referred to are not capital murder. A parent's rights are usually only terminated for severe abuse or if they have not followed specific provisions court ordered. Most children or family services set a specific plan to be followed.
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 pm

eva wrote:Don't know if you guys have seen this, but I found this fascinating about Drew Peterson ~
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/
That was interesting Eva. Back in "the old days" of Hinky Meter, Val had several articles on a subject called "the dark triad" If you have'nt heard about that and are interested there is a fascinating book that Val referenced. It is called "Erased" by Marilee Strong. Drew, Scott, OJ and so many others fit the profile.
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:21 am

art tart wrote:Peterson fires attorney that warned against Savio's divorce attorney testifying.

Drew Peterson has fired the attorney who loudly warned against calling Kathleen Savio’s divorce lawyer as a defense witness – a move which Peterson’s lead counsel insisted upon and many considered a devastating miscalculation.

Smith told jurors that Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, asked him if she could get more money in a divorce if she threatened to tell police about her husband’s role in Savio’s death.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-fires-lawyer-who-opposed-savio-divorce-lawyer-as-witness-20120911,0,5205957.story

GO figure....... Brodsky did Peterson a tremendous dis-service. LOL, maybe its K A R M A.

Had to think about this a moment from the DP profile perspective. DP defies accountability. He wouldn't own up to his part in having to pay child support, he wouldn't own up to his part in dividing marital assets, he wouldn't allow a relationship to end in divorce because he wouldn't own up to being wrong about anything -- instead he terminated the evidence, he terminated his part in the accountability. He terminated anyone throwing the notion in his face: "You were WRONG". He terminated Stacy, He terminated Kathleen.

He now terminated the services of the lawyer who said DP was wrong in backing Brodsky's. Brodsky insisted having Stacy's divorce attorney testify. It backfired. They were wrong. And the choice was ultimately made with DP's final vote to back Brodsky. Greenberg publicly announced DP was WRONG. DP terminated Greenberg. Par for course.

And btw - I think DP is an arrogant idiot while Brodsky is pure genius.

Brodsky knows that by stroking DP's ego and doing what DP wants (hamming it up on TV/radio, appearing as "partners").... Brodsky will be handling all the years of appeals and stay in the limelight when he otherwise had never been involved in any homocide cases. Brodsky could care less how many years DP stays behind bars - his infamy is only sustained by his prolonged engagement with a court case that will not die. And as long as Brodsky is stroking DP's ego and letting him do what he wants - DP won't fire his only partner in crime. And what DP cannot fathom is that he is so overpowered by his own ego that he will cut off his own nose to spite his face. And Broksky will just file another motion...another appeal.... whatever, all the same to him.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am

Good take on that Stolat..He and Brodsky deserve each other!!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:26 pm

nanshin wrote:
That was interesting Eva. Back in "the old days" of Hinky Meter, Val had several articles on a subject called "the dark triad" If you have'nt heard about that and are interested there is a fascinating book that Val referenced. It is called "Erased" by Marilee Strong. Drew, Scott, OJ and so many others fit the profile.

Thanks for the info nanshin, I will look into that! Cool
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Stolat, you hit the nail on the head. Brodsky played DP, DP had Brodsky to act like a complete fool w/for years even trying to "win a date w/DP." Their ridiculous/insulting behavior got a GAG Order for these morons, a real relief for the public and a break for the families of the victims they continued to insult.

I have read that some legal analyst think DP should consider an "ineffective counsel appeal over Brodsky's incompetent mistake." You gotta love it, I hope DP listens to Brodsky the rest of his life while he rots in prison.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am

Signed into law: Drew Peterson bill, PTSD training, more financial transparency for Illinois

By YanaKunichoff, today at 7:15 am

Domestic violence priors to be admitted in murder cases – HB 5264 – The recently concluded Drew Peterson trial used a history of domestic violence as evidence, a piece of information that may have played a key role in his conviction for murder. Now HB 5264 would mandate that the information used in Peterson’s trial – evidence of prior domestic violence – would be admissible in all first- or second-degree murder cases that involve domestic violence. The law would standardize how evidence of domestic violence abuse is dealt with in murder cases.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-muckrakers/2012/09/signed-into-law-drew-peterson-bill-ptsd-training-more-financial-transparency-for-illinois/

________

HB 5264
llinois House Bill

CRIM PRO-DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Full Text - Documents:

http://openstates.org/il/bills/97th/HB5264/

________

Public Act 097-1036

HB5264 Enrolled - LRB097 19085 RLC 64324 b

1 AN ACT concerning criminal law.

2 Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
3 represented in the General Assembly:

4 Section 5. The Code of Criminal Procedure of 1963 is
5 amended by changing Section 115-7.4 as follows:

6 (725 ILCS 5/115-7.4)
7 Sec. 115-7.4. Evidence in domestic violence cases.
8 (a) In a criminal prosecution in which the defendant is
9 accused of an offense of domestic violence as defined in
10 paragraphs (1) and (3) of Section 103 of the Illinois Domestic
11 Violence Act of 1986, or first degree murder or second degree
12 murder when the commission of the offense involves domestic
13 violence, evidence of the defendant's commission of another
14 offense or offenses of domestic violence is admissible, and may
15 be considered for its bearing on any matter to which it is
16 relevant.
17 (b) In weighing the probative value of the evidence against
18 undue prejudice to the defendant, the court may consider:
19 (1) the proximity in time to the charged or predicate
20 offense;
21 (2) the degree of factual similarity to the charged or
22 predicate offense; or
23 (3) other relevant facts and circumstances.

Read more:

http://ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/fulltext.asp?name=097-1036&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=5264&GAID=11&Session=
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Drew Peterson juror describes her new normal

September 13, 2012
By admin

CHICAGO TRIBUNE: With news helicopters following other jurors’ cars to a pizza place after last week’s Drew Peterson verdict, Judy Bond stepped up to the window of an ice cream shop blocks from her doorstep.

It had been a surreal six weeks, and the exhausted 65-year-old grandmother just wanted something cold to drink before heading back to her secluded Shorewood home after convicting the retired Bolingbrook police sergeant of his third wife’s murder.

“Well, they got that Peterson guy, huh?” the cashier said.

“Yes, I was on the jury,” Bond told the man as she reached for her money.

“My treat,” he replied.

It was Bond’s first, but certainly not last, taste of the sensational trial’s reach.

Under strict order to avoid media coverage before the trial, then ushered each day through a back entrance once it began, jurors were shielded from much of the public spectacle outside the courthouse. As demonstrators toted signs and sang songs declaring their disdain for the defendant, Bond sat in a jury box feet away from Peterson, with whom she never locked eyes or bore witness to any outward emotion or depth.

Read more:

http://www.drewpetersonnews.com/2012/09/13/drew-peterson-juror-describes-her-new-normal/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Drew Peterson juror describes her new normal

September 13, 2012
By admin

CHICAGO TRIBUNE: With news helicopters following other jurors’ cars to a pizza place after last week’s Drew Peterson verdict, Judy Bond stepped up to the window of an ice cream shop blocks from her doorstep.

It had been a surreal six weeks, and the exhausted 65-year-old grandmother just wanted something cold to drink before heading back to her secluded Shorewood home after convicting the retired Bolingbrook police sergeant of his third wife’s murder.

“My treat,” he replied.

It was Bond’s first, but certainly not last, taste of the sensational trial’s reach.

Under strict order to avoid media coverage before the trial, then ushered each day through a back entrance once it began, jurors were shielded from much of the public spectacle outside the courthouse. As demonstrators toted signs and sang songs declaring their disdain for the defendant, Bond sat in a jury box feet away from Peterson, with whom she never locked eyes or bore witness to any outward emotion or depth.

Read more:

http://www.drewpetersonnews.com/2012/09/13/drew-peterson-juror-describes-her-new-normal/
From your link:
" Jurors said they began dressing alike to mock married defense attorneys Joseph and Lisa Lopez, who often wore matching colors to court."
And now we know the why! lol Laughing
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Drew Peterson juror describes her new normal

September 13, 2012
By admin

“My treat,” he replied.

Read more:

From your link:
" Jurors said they began dressing alike to mock married defense attorneys Joseph and Lisa Lopez, who often wore matching colors to court."
And now we know the why! lol Laughing

roflao

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm

This, imo, is just insanity! It seems Greenburg isn't going to be insulted by Brodsky in public any more, Greenburg has written a 7 page open letter to Brodsky calling him out for his incompetence in putting Kathleen's divorce attorney on the stand. DP sticking by the nutjob Brodsky, this is embarassing professionally it would seem. Guess the laughs are over for the wiseguy's that thought a murderer should go free, I assume the fall out is going to continue. The public has had the last laugh at this bunch of griftor attorney's that thought they would make a name for themselves, they did, but one that makes them continue to look like idiot's imo.

Peterson Attorney: Co-Counsel a Bully, Dictator

http://www.nbccicago.com/news/local/drew-peterson-attorneys-brodsky-greenberg-171045531.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 am

art tart wrote:This, imo, is just insanity! It seems Greenburg isn't going to be insulted by Brodsky in public any more, Greenburg has written a 7 page open letter to Brodsky calling him out for his incompetence in putting Kathleen's divorce attorney on the stand. DP sticking by the nutjob Brodsky, this is embarassing professionally it would seem. Guess the laughs are over for the wiseguy's that thought a murderer should go free, I assume the fall out is going to continue. The public has had the last laugh at this bunch of griftor attorney's that thought they would make a name for themselves, they did, but one that makes them continue to look like idiot's imo.

Peterson Attorney: Co-Counsel a Bully, Dictator

http://www.nbccicago.com/news/local/drew-peterson-attorneys-brodsky-greenberg-171045531.html

Wiseguy = perfect description for Greenberg (IMO). He just can't shut up. Who does this? Is this the beginning of the appeal and letting Brodsky take the fall for inadequate representation? DP is NOT known to be a true-blue friend.

If the below link is inappropriate/not allowed, please just delete. I'll catch up tomorrow; have two felines snoring on either side of me =^.^= and that sounds really good right now ~~C

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/attorney-steve-greenberg-strikes-back/
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:07 am

ClaireUnensored - I swear you can't make this crap up about these attorney's, all thugs imo, I am still LMAO!

I am still so greatful for the guilty verdict DP received, it has restored some of my confidence in juries, they truly evaluated the evidence, hearsay etc., and came up with the appropriate verdict imo. I am suprised to see Brodsky is handling the appeal, I thought specialized appeal attorney's handled appeals, since Brodsky may be one of the reasons to ask for a new trial, it seems he can hardly be objective. I hope any whining is dismissed for reasons of appeal, DP needs to rot right where he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Drew Peterson lawyer asks judge to delay sentencing, cites attorney infighting

Feud has stalled work on post-trial motion, judge told

By Stacy St. Clair, Chicago Tribune
reporter
September 26, 2012

A bitter feud between Drew Peterson's lawyers has prevented the defense team from working on a critical post-trial motion, lead attorney Joel Brodsky told a judge Tuesday.

The admission came the day after one attorney formally quit the case and another sent Brodsky a letter accusing him of being a "bully." With a nod to the highly publicized infighting, Brodsky asked the judge to postpone the Bolingbrook police sergeant's November sentencing.

We want to make sure we do a sufficient job," Brodsky said, adding that recent events have been "pointing us away from what's important."

Brodsky requested that he be given until Nov. 30 to file a motion for a new trial, which would push back sentencing.

Read more:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-lawyer-fight-delays-appeal-20120926,0,1468036.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Drew Peterson seeking additional time to consider defense team for appeal

By Steve Schmadeke and Stacy St. Clair,
Chicago Tribune reporters
October 5, 2012

The soap opera over who will represent Drew Peterson, convicted last month of drowning his third wife, could last another month after the former Bolingbrook police sergeant on Thursday asked for more time to think it over.

Peterson's longtime attorney Joel Brodsky, widely blamed for calling a witness whose testimony that jurors said convinced them to convict his client, has been feuding publicly with fellow defense attorney Steve Greenberg, who released a letter calling the Brodsky move "the worst mistake by a trial lawyer since Christopher Darden asked O.J. (Simpson) to try on the glove."

Read more:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-1005-20121005,0,6668448.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next