Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

+12
sorrow
sitemama
mimi4all
Snaz
butterfly
TigerMom
Piper
Justice4all
babbette
Tracey6434
Cory
FystyAngel
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 4 Empty Re: Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:01 am

I agree mama. If I saw someone at my work, I probably wouldn't remember within a half hour of when I saw them.

Even if you use Google's walking times that didn't match up exactly with witness times, but were pretty close with the Credit Union sighting, there was plenty of time for Nick to grab Leah and switch cars twice.

I thought of another possibility.

Nick could have had her in the trunk of the Mustang, switched to the Thunderbird and been back in town by 9:45. Then he could have went back home, stashed Leah somewhere on the property, and drove the Mustang back to town by 10:15 when he showed up at SM's house again. BB says he rode with Nick starting at 11. Nick stopped at Denny's again between 11 and 11:30. After that, there was more than enough time to drive to Nick's house, get Leah's body, and then drive to the spot by Fairview where Leah's left shoe was found, and then drive to the place her body was found, and then drop BB off at his grandparents around 2:30.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 4 Empty Re: Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 am

But i ask you this....Could he have done all of this with Leah AND been calm & not shown anything in his face or manners in front off all the people that saw him that night? Could BB have kept his mouth shut all this time? (Just a couple of questions....I have loads more)

Keep in mind that right after his lie detector test, he threw up. Oh and I do remember an old member close to him that made it sound as if he has a quick temper. Quick tempered people don't uaually "appear normal", especially right after an episode.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:00 am

I live in a very small town (400 people)......... but if I was driving around looking for someone I still may not find them. Too many different ways to go. I could miss them by a second with every turn.

Also, if I was driving home or whatever and there was someone walking, even if I recognized them, I probably wouldn't be able to give an exact time that I saw them because it wouldn't seem important. I mean, if I saw someone in distress or injured I might make a mental note of the time, but just to be driving down the street and pass someone, I wouldn't take note.

The timeline seems very tight so that is why I'm mentioning this.

There may of course be forensic or DNA tests availabe now that were not available then. If so, maybe there is something specific or corroborated.

Then again, we know Leah with with them and where...... so her DNA would be there anyway, right?

I truly hope this case is solved and justice is served. It could absolutely have been Nick. I don't know enough evidence to be completely convinced and will have to wait for the trial.

kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:17 am

I hear ya, AJ.

My other big issue with this is:

Nobody's memory gets BETTER AFTER 10 years.

Ever.

That troubles me also.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:10 pm

tish wrote:sitemamma - thank you for the post that there IS DNA evidence, and that is what propelled ppl to talk - when confronted with EVIDENCE - THAT is what I need personally to believe that Nick and his buddies did this - I personally couldn't convict based on circumstantial evidence alone, so now, I guess, I'll wait to see what they have and hope that it's enough to bring EVERYONE involved to justice - and I do mean Everyone!!! I hope that no consideration is given to immunity for someone who decides to finally talk 10 yrs later, and even then, only when presented w/ evidence... It still baffles me that NOT ONE of the supposed 3 or 4 accomplices has talked to anyone over the course of the last 10 yrs, and it baffles me that such young teens w/ no criminal history can carry out such a heinous crime and leave virtually no trace of evidence - and it leaves me with so many more questions than answers...

tish...am I missing a post? Where is the post about DNA? I haven't seen it & can't find it.

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Fysty, here is the link to mama's post about DNA.

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/leah-freeman-found-deceased-8-3-00-t1310-40.htm#69249

There was also an article a few months ago that mentioned evidence being sent to a crime lab.

~Snipped~

Lab results expected by the end of April could help solve the decade-old murder of 15-year-old Leah Freeman, law enforcement officials said.

Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels on Wednesday said evidence discovered during the current investigation into the murder was sent to crime labs in the Midwest and in Oregon. Results are expected back by the end of April.

http://www.kcby.com/news/local/89647242.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 pm

I have to say I COULD convict on circumstantial evidence alone. However, having said that... it would depend on the crime AND the circumstantial evidence presented.

I don't know any statistics, but I have read that a GREAT MANY (maybe even MOST) cases are solved based on circumstantial evidence. That kind of evidence can be very powerful, depending on what that evidence actually is. Of course, it is always better to have some DNA evidence to go along with all the other evidence.

Al always, JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

I have not gone back and read all the articles, but just going by what Cory has said, so you guys may be correct, BUT, Cory thinks they have the right person, and I am inclined to go along with her. Here is a message from Cory today:

from Cory Today at 12:23 pm

Well, I talked to three producers yesterday from 20/20. So what they say now is that Leah's story will take more than one segment. Two and possibly even three!! The first one is now scheduled to air the middle of October. The 15th. They are very pleased with what they have so far. They want to follow this case all the way through! Perhaps patience does pay off!!!!

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 am

Hi AJ. When I was first looking into this case I saw that much was made about nick switching cars (oh my!). But the other thing I saw was that he was indeed stopped twice that night for a headlight malfunction it seemed normal to me that, after being stopped twice for the same thing he would change vehicles.

Also, it seems a little bit odd to me, because this is not a very big town, that he must have told the officers who stopped him (twice) that he was out looking for for girlfriend who had not made it home? Why didn't they render any assistance at that time? Or did they and I just missed it?

I live in a small town and believe me, if that had been me the constable who stopped me (or if I just saw him and flagged him down) he would have been right out there looking too and probably would have called in for help (professional or civilian, i.e., City Council members, local pastor, volunteer fire department folks, etc).

Can you shed some light on this for me? Thx. kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm with you. And the idea that "people have matured and are willing to talk 10 years later" is mind boggling. If people are suddenly sprouting up now with information critical to solving this case, I would like to know what kind of evidence LE has to back up these witness accounts for sure.

And then there's this: This is a small town with a mysterious murder that has gone unsolved for a decade! I am sure people have talked about it and rehashed it over the years. I wonder how much of an 'urban legend' syndrome has occured? You know, when a story gets bigger, scarier, wierder, even more mysterious over the years and it is considered factual but really isn't? Know what I mean?

kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:35 pm

"..........So after my research, I cant see how it shud have ever been suspect that there was no liner in the trunk.. OF COURSE THERE WAS NO LINER.... LE already admitted that they cud see a gas leak...why wud a person who chose to drive this car, make matter worse by letting a liner be in the way not too mention a spare tire, et al........................... I personally believe this entire car thing was what started the course for Nick... "
~~~~~~~~~~

Well, well, well. Seems like much ado about nothing...... except that that seems to be LE's reasoning for being suspicious of Nick in the first place.

I hope they have more evidence than that. Secondly, now that Nick has been charged, will information about their investigation/evidence become part of a public record? Thirdly, and this is the skeptic in me coming out, did the newly elected sherrif run on a platform that included "solving all the cold cases" they had so he had to arrest someone to live up to that campaign promise? Will Cory ever know how/when/where/why her beautiful daughter was killed? I assume once this goes to trial LE won't be able to keep that info top secret any longer? Man, I hope this case is solved- but ramrodding a kid 10 years after the fact with no new evidence so that you can move the case from 'pending' to 'completed' is no way to do that!

Of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 am

20/20 is not known for objectively presenting the news about any subject in an unbiased fashion. They pick a side and design a show that best supports their own preconceived agenda. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:32 pm

This is a tuffie AJ. I agree that it's scary but NO ONE (including me) wants to gang up on Leah's mom. So I hope everyone understands that I am in no way suggesting that Cory should not express her feelings or her opinions on this case and I have so much sympathy for her loss and her grief, not to mention the fight she has been fighting all these years to solve this case.

What troubles me, though, is that as I understand the situation, even Cory does not know the details of her daughter's death, nor has LE ever told her the time or place of Leah's murder, or even the cause of her death, what she was wearing, what condition her body was in, what forensics were collected or tested, what the results were, etc.

So it would seem that anyone interested in the case has about as much info as Cory does- which isn't much.

kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:42 pm

I apologize for posting on this thread. I'm sorry. But, I have talked to Cory, and cried with her as I too have had to bury a murdered daughter. She attended the GJ hearing, but she is not allowed to tell anything that took place. And KH is correct, Cory was not told how or where Leah was killed, for 10 long years. So far, she still has not been given a copy of her autopsy report.

I will continue to support Cory, but just won't comment on this thread again. Try walking a mile in her shoes!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:03 pm

I would like to remind everyone that each person who comments here is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how our opinions may differ. The only requirement in posting an opinion here is that we are respectful of others' opinions and feelings. Many of these cases are very emotional and we have very passionate members.

I ask that everyone please keep this in mind as we discuss not only this case, but all cases here at RC. This case may be a little more emotional for some people because of the connection some have to Cory. But we all need to be able to express our opinions without fear of repercussions from others.

I believe we all support Cory in her quest for justice for Leah.

God bless Cory and Leah.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 pm

sitemama wrote:I apologize for posting on this thread. I'm sorry. But, I have talked to Cory, and cried with her as I too have had to bury a murdered daughter. She attended the GJ hearing, but she is not allowed to tell anything that took place. And KH is correct, Cory was not told how or where Leah was killed, for 10 long years. So far, she still has not been given a copy of her autopsy report.

I will continue to support Cory, but just won't comment on this thread again. Try walking a mile in her shoes!

I support Cory too. I would not want to walk even 10 feet in her shoes. Site, I cannot even imagine what you went through. xxoo kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Snaz wrote:I would like to remind everyone that each person who comments here is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of how our opinions may differ. The only requirement in posting an opinion here is that we are respectful of others' opinions and feelings. Many of these cases are very emotional and we have very passionate members.

I ask that everyone please keep this in mind as we discuss not only this case, but all cases here at RC. This case may be a little more emotional for some people because of the connection some have to Cory. But we all need to be able to express our opinions without fear of repercussions from others.

I believe we all support Cory in her quest for justice for Leah.

God bless Cory and Leah.

Absolutely, Snaz. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:33 am

I read your post earlier today, AJ, and was quite impressed with your investigating the 1967 car Nick was driving. Up until a few years ago, I too, drove an old car. It was a 1979 Camaro Z28. I had planned to restore it. When I purchased it, it was from a single owner (a woman). It too, had NO LINER in the trunk, no spare, nor jack. Of course I got a jack & a spare very quickly but it didn't come with one. After several years, I gave up on the restoring & sold it.

Reading your post makes one think. (at least it did me). I was a little worried that you quoted Sitemamma & was hoping that she wouldn't be upset by it. I can honestly say that I didn't find anything you wrote "offensive", though I can see where Mama might take it wrong. I always say "If you write something...own it"...meaning that we all need to stand behind what we write or say. I don't think there is anything "Wrong" with what Mama said either. I believe that she may now feel that she is betraying Cory in some way, but I hope that isn't true. I don't think any of us are betraying Cory. We are just trying to put the pieces together.

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Cory and for Leah. J4A & I worked on her case for a very long time. I'd like to think that all of us had a small part in getting her case out there for everyone to see. No one wants to hurt Cory (or Leah's memory), we just don't want to see the wrong person convicted for a crime that they didn't commit.

Momma, please don't be "sorry" that you posted on this thread. Every word that is written (IMO) is to attempt to HELP the case...try to figure it out...bring awareness. Definitely not to hurt anyone. AJ was just pointing out that what you wrote was from Cory & not from any other of the actual "Facts" that are in LE documents. At least...that's how I read it.I believe we are ALL adults & I'd like to think that we can ALL contribute...even if it's just a fleeting thought.

Not only would I never want to walk in Cory's shoes, but I'd never want to walk in yours either momma. You are an amazing person, that has been through hell & back. I adore you.

Snaz....again, I'd like to think that we are ALL adults & that no one would post anything in an attempt to hurt anyone.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:51 am

I think Nick was looked at by LE because he was the boyfriend, he said he looked for Leah along the same route where she was seen walking by numerous people and in the same time frame, and the next time she was seen by anybody besides the killer and/or accomplices, she was dead. If you take that, add in the switched cars, the missing trunk liner not knowing much about 67 Mustangs, and the failed polygraph tests whatever your opinion of polygraphs is, I can see why LE took a strong interest in Nick as a possible suspect.

Whatever happened, I think the shoe found on Elm Street was lost in some kind of struggle and not put there later. It also seems like the shoe found by Fairview could have been the result of another struggle. Perhaps it is possible the perp threw her in the trunk alive and killed her at the Fairview location.

If Nick killed her, it seems like it would have to have been done when he found her walking between 9:20 and 9:30, unless he was driving all over town and switching cars with her alive in the trunk. Judging by all the times Nick was seen, there wouldn't have been time for him to drive out to the Fairview area until sometime after 11:30.

If Nick did it, here are my biggest questions:

• What would have caused him to decide to kill her within a few minutes of finding her unless he had decided ahead of time that he was going to kill her?
  • When did he kill her?
  • Where was she between 9:30 and 11:30 when he was seen driving around town, switching cars multiple times, and being pulled over?

There are many questions that haven't been answered publicly in this case, so I can't judge Cory or LE as being wrong. Cory and LE both have access to more information than the rest of us. We didn't see a complete report on the case and we don't know whether LE looked at any other suspects or not.

All we have seen is the following:

• A July 6, 2000 search warrant for the Mustang
  • An affidavit for the July 6 search warrant
  • A July 27, 2000 search warrant for the person of Nick, the Thunderbird, Nick's parent's property, and BB's grandparent's property
  • An affidavit for the July 27 search warrant
  • A supplemental affidavit for the July 27 search warrant
  • The results of the July 27 search warrant
  • A copy of the immunity offer to BB

I'm sure there is much more in LE's file that we will see during the trial. I'll have to follow the trial, see all the evidence laid out and hear all the testimony before I can decide whether justice is being served or whether Nick is being railroaded.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:28 am

I wonder what it would take to get TruTV to cover it?
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 pm

For those who are not as familiar with this case, this is a link to the official legal documents that have been released. Many have been sealed.

http://www.leahfreeman.com/documents.htm

Welcome To Leah Freeman.com: http://www.leahfreeman.com/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am

Retraction:
Cory said that things showed up in DNA testing, and when witnesses were confronted with that info, they are now ready to talk. I'm sure lab work is much more advanced than it was 10 years ago.

I am sorry for the above quote. I must have misunderstood what Cory said about new evidence, but Cory said it was not DNA. I apologize for stating that it was new DNA, but it wasn't!

Please forgive me, if I gave anyone the wrong idea. However, I still support Cory and her family and hopefully when the 20/20 show airs on October 15th, we can begin to understand exactly what is going on with this case.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm

AJ...you got so riled up, you forgot to post the link! Here is the video that AJ is talking about. I asked her today (to confirm Sherries statement back then) what Sherrie had said, then I told her to watch THIS video.

Inconsistencies indeed.

Cold Case Squad: Modern-Day 'Sherlock Holmes' Team Takes on Oregon Slaying
Killing of Leah Freeman, 15, Was Cold Case for 10 Years. Then the Vidocq Society Got Involved.

By ROB WALLACE, LAUREN PUTRINO and TOM McCARTHY
Aug. 11, 2010

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi Fysty, AJ, Snaz, Site, et al!

I too wonder, if not DNA then what?

And why would Sherrie now be changing her story?

"Scrappy little spitfire of a girl"??? Lots of poetic license there. Overwritten, 20/20 style, but that's just me.

Are people being paid for this television event?

I remember when 20/20 did their "George/Cindy" show. And what a show it was. They paid the Anthony's an obscene amount of money..... and the questions they asked were not nearly as provactive as the ones they did not ask. With scripted and pre approved questions and answers relayed and rehearsed by rote, they added nothing new to the conversation, nothing relevant. It was an overpriced puff piece on George, Cindy and Casey Anthony. It was not news.

But there is hope. The Vidocq Society.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129032377

They have been successful in the past. They seem to be the new melinium's version of "The Leauge of Extraordinary Gentleman."

I hope that they are able to sort out all of this and bring some new pairs of eyes to this emotionally devastating case, where ever way that may lead. I want nothing more than justice for Leah and whatever peace there may be for Cory, and also the other families that have been torn apart by this tragedy.

I hope these guys got what it takes to make that happen.

Needless to say, I will not be watching the 20/20 special.

kh

khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 pm

awaiting justice wrote:..............we all know that the Ramseys were finally exonerated so the letter wud not have been written by Mrs Ramsey just like she had always said... wonder what his opinion was ???.....

About that, did you see where LE is going to interview Burke, now 23 y/o, graduating from college? The rumor mill is winding up bigtime. Will Burke finally finger his father for the crime?????

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/09/jonbenet-ramsey-police-to-interview.html

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 pm

I was also wondering why Sherrie's story changed, but I don't see why she would get any reward money for that story. It doesn't change the fact that Leah left mad and what we need answered is what happened to Leah after she left Sherrie's house, or more specifically, what happened after she was seen in the vicinity of Hunter's Restaurant and the Oregon Federal Credit Union by multiple witnesses.

I know some of you think it would have been easy for Nick to miss Leah while she was walking, but I still want to know how he would have missed her at least three times on N. Central while it was still daylight.

There are too many unknowns for me to comment too much more about this case before trial, but there was time for Nick to pull off this crime, and I'll concede there was time for an unknown pig to pull of this crime. I hope the trial answers most of our questions, and I hope Leah's killer goes to prison for the rest of his life.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm

I hope there are answers for all. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:01 am

Was Vidocq involved in Jonbenet case? kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Snipped and BBM:
awaitingjustice said:
We know that his services find touch DNA which is not available in North AMerica as the technology is not here.
Touch DNA testing is done in the United States... One example, The Bode Technology Group, Inc. This is the lab that will be doing the touch DNA testing in Caylee's case and also did the testing in JonBenet's case.

Touch DNA Evidence - Overview

As forensic DNA technology has become a common tool in criminal investigations, scientists have attempted to obtain DNA evidence from what were once considered unlikely sources. “Touch DNA” refers to the DNA that is left behind from skin cells when a person touches or comes into contact with an item.

Bode’s recent success of using a Touch DNA collection method to obtain a DNA profile from the long johns worn by JonBenet Ramsey has created an increased interest in better understanding Touch DNA methods.
http://www.bodetech.com/technologies/touch-dna/touch-dna-overview
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Snaz wrote:Snipped and BBM:
awaitingjustice said:
We know that his services find touch DNA which is not available in North AMerica as the technology is not here.
Touch DNA testing is done in the United States... One example, The Bode Technology Group, Inc. This is the lab that will be doing the touch DNA testing in Caylee's case and also did the testing in JonBenet's case.

Touch DNA Evidence - Overview

As forensic DNA technology has become a common tool in criminal investigations, scientists have attempted to obtain DNA evidence from what were once considered unlikely sources. “Touch DNA” refers to the DNA that is left behind from skin cells when a person touches or comes into contact with an item.

Bode’s recent success of using a Touch DNA collection method to obtain a DNA profile from the long johns worn by JonBenet Ramsey has created an increased interest in better understanding Touch DNA methods.
http://www.bodetech.com/technologies/touch-dna/touch-dna-overview

Referencing what is highlighted in red.....

Sorry to quote myself... but I wanted to make a correction. Bode Technology Group did do the touch DNA testing for JonBenet's case, but NMS Labs in Pennsylvania will be doing the testing in Caylee's case.....

http://www.nmslab.com/

That's another lab here in the United States.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Fellow inmate slugs McGuffin

Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:00 am

The man accused of killing 15-year-old Leah Freeman more than a decade ago took a beating earlier this month at the hands of a fellow inmate.

According to Coos County Sheriff's Sgt. Pat Downing, Nicholas McGuffin was injured in the Dec. 12 scuffle in the day room of his jail pod at the Coos County jail.

Downing said another inmate in the same jail pod walked by McGuffin, punched him in the back of the head and continued attacking the murder suspect.

Corrections deputies separated the men and quelled the fight.

'McGuffin suffered some minor scrapes and abrasions from the scuffle along with the lump on the back of the head where he was slugged," Downing told The World in an e-mail.

Read more: http://www.theworldlink.com/news/local/article_f2bcfd25-6da8-509d-8c9c-1946b28e171f.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 pm

I hate to hear that, J4A, I really do. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 4 839314 kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:58 am

Call me heartless, but I'm not feeling too bad about the beating Nick suffered. He should have been charged with statutory rape for having sex with a 15-year-old when he was 18. He also would've had to miss Leah by 15-20 minutes at her friend's house for it to even be remotely possible that he didn't catch up with her on Central or Elm while looking for her.

I think the trial will answer many questions about what happened that night. I feel that it's a huge stretch to believe that the only reason he is on trial is because a bunch of witnesses conspired with LE to frame him.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 am

I agree with you J4A, 100%. Thank you for stating that.

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:19 pm

My sentiments exactly. Glad to hear more positive comments on this thread for Leah. I'm sure Cory would be glad to read that RC is in support of her, after all this time.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Coquille police chief quits

By Gail Elber, The World
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:00 am

Although Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels handed in his resignation days ago, the city council didn't discuss it at their meeting Monday night except informally to express regret.

City Manager Terence O'Connor was out of the office this morning, but City Finance Director Chuck Dufner said Dannels, who was hired in August 2008, would leave at the end of May to take a position in Arizona.

He said the city would advertise for candidates and that there would be public interviews.

Dannels left the council chambers immediately after Monday's meeting was over. He was unavailable for comment this morning.

Read more: http://theworldlink.com/news/local/article_48bc96ee-736a-56ed-acd5-090e2059f327.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Piper wrote:I agree with you J4A, 100%. Thank you for stating that.

sitemama wrote:My sentiments exactly. Glad to hear more positive comments on this thread for Leah. I'm sure Cory would be glad to read that RC is in support of her, after all this time.
I tried to be fair with those who disagreed with me and look at all the possibilities when discussing this case. Unfortunately that seemed to cause some people to misinterpret how I felt, so I was hoping that statement would help clarify my opinions on this case.

The trial starts May 10 and Nick will finally face justice. It wouldn't suprise me if tries to cop a plea right before the trial starts.

Hopefully Coquille can find someone competent to replace Chief Dannels.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:49 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Cory and her family as they begin a very hard time in their lives. I'm sure there will be many, many tears and heartbreak during this trial.

Keep your chin up Cory, this too will pass, and I certainly hope the real truth comes out and you will be able to put all your heart aches to rest.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Nick McGuffin's attorneys dropped their change of venue motion today after experts conducted a survey that determined Coos County residents could be fair.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Nick-McGuffin-back-in-court-today/AMSwiR-nnU6cKM-iZB59pQ.cspx
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 am

Former policeman David Hall stated, per a witness, Leah was seen in Nick's car after 10pm (from the video)

I understand he switched cars, would this have been the Thunderbird or the Mustang?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I wish one of the articles would've provided more details about Hall's testimony. I think Cheri said it was shortly after 10 that Nick showed up at her house acting weird. Witnesses claim they spotted him in the Thunderbird between 9:45 and 10. It's hard to put everything together when only 1% of the docs have been made public.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:06 pm

If Nick found Leah that night, I think it's highly unlikely that he is innocent. I also think there's very little chance that he didn't find Leah that night. If it comes out during the trial that he lied about searching for her most of the night and not finding her, I don't know how he could possibly expect a not guilty verdict.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 pm

I hope that this case gets media attention so that we can finally see what got Nick McGuffin charged. If he's guility...then damn him to hell....if not....well, I guess we will see.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 04, 2011 7:24 pm

One of Nick's attorneys, Shaun McCrea, is asking for the trial to be postponed because her father and co-counsel, Robert McCrea, needs emergency surgery. Judge Richard Barron is expected to issue a decision sometime Thursday.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/article_d4a297f5-e27e-5bcc-9e73-f79970a5d500.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 04, 2011 9:29 pm

'I'm pretty sure Judge Barron is going to grant it," she said. 'One- half of the defense team is going to be in the hospital."

I call BS........carry on.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

McGuffin Trial Postponed

Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:29 pm

Nick McGuffin’s murder trial for the slaying of Leah Freeman has been postponed until July.

The trial was scheduled to begin Monday, but one of McGuffin’s lawyers, Robert McCrea, will have an emergency surgery next week.

Coos County Circuit Court Judge Richard Barron granted the postponement motion Thursday afternoon.

The trial is now scheduled to run from July 5-22, said District Attorney R. Paul Frasier.

Barron said the trial will begin July 5 whether McCrea has recovered from surgery or not, said McGuffin’s other lawyer, Shaun McCrea.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/article_6114f4c4-7768-11e0-9c07-001cc4c002e0.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear that it's been postponed. But what's the difference of the defense attorney having surgery now and not being fully recovered by July 5th? I feel they should have proceeded.........

Barron said the trial will begin July 5 whether McCrea has recovered from surgery or not, said McGuffin’s other lawyer, Shaun McCrea.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Robert McCrea, will have an emergency surgery next week.

His daughter said on Wednesday, he was having emergency surgery, so since when can they postpone emergency surgery till next week?

In our area, if someone needs emergency surgery it is done within a day or two. I don't think this is much of an emergency.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm

I agree, Mama.....what's the deal?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next