Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

+12
sorrow
sitemama
mimi4all
Snaz
butterfly
TigerMom
Piper
Justice4all
babbette
Tracey6434
Cory
FystyAngel
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

Post by Cory Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 am

c4c of NC wrote:Cory, I don't think I have told you, but you are in my prayers every night when I get into bed and every morning before I get up. Closure is a word that is over-used, but catching the person/persons who did this to Leah will offer you some relief in your grief. There is no such thing as closure for the parents and family, only for the police and media.

I admire you for your strength and I honestly believe the perp will be dealt with, if not in this life, then in the next.

Lots of love going out to you and your family.

Aw..Thank you for your prayers.
I hate to sound greedy, but I am honest......I want it now! In this life! I cannot stand the idea of the person responsible for Leah's death going on and living life as if nothing has happened. Like she just never existed.
Sometimes I feel like I just don't have the strength to go on. And then I see a picture of her, and somehow, some way, from somewhere I have all the strenth I need. My Dad would tell you that that is the Courtright blood running through me!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00

Post by mimi4all Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Ok, it's another day, and I'm back reading about this, and I am very upset and disturbed by what I am reading.
I actually went to bed last night with this on my mind and woke up thinking about it.
One of the articles says this is not a cold case; yet nothing has been done in all these years? This family has had to endure all these years with no real answers? Something is very wrong with this picture.
I have a friend here, a best friend actually, who is a retired sheriff. He was lead investigator on the biggest case we ever had in our town. It was the Blanche Moore case, if anyone remembers. He singlehandedly broke that whole case wide open; She was referred to as the Black Widow, because she gave all the men in her life arsenic poisoning and killed them. He got an order to have her whole family exhumed, and sure enough, they ALL had arsenic in their bodies. He would not let it go until it was solved. She is now on Death Row here in NC. He has appeared on several national documentaries about this case. So I'm having him over to discuss this case about Leah and see what he can do. I want him to read all this info first. He has two daughters and is very committed to his work. We have GOT to find answers for Cory and her family. Nine years? There is no excuse for this. We have to take some kind of action so this mother can have "her day". Let's roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 pm

There WILL be justice for Leah...and her mother and family!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Oh Mimi!! Thank you so much!!! It just warms my heart to know that people like you are doing all you can to help.
I hope you are right ........There WILL be Justice for Leah!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Who could watch this and not feel every emotion in the book? Crying or Very sad
There are angels among us...Never forget that, Cory.
Leah is one of them. You will have your day, and Justice for Leah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 643974
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 pm

I have a question. I've been trying to read more and more each day. With all the places listed on this thread, Americas Most Wanted, Unsolved mysteries, Oprah, etc., have any of these places responded to anyone involved in this case?
Cory, I have a question for you. IF Oprah got enough inquiries, and was willing to do a show on this, would you be able to appear on the show? I only ask because I have stage fright! I was wondering if you would be able to do a show like this that would be so emotionally draining? It would definitely be a great way to get the word out.
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Oprah is probably the most powerful woman in the world. Hmmmm. I'm seriously thinking about Oprah. Cell
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Fysty, is there any "easy" way to print out these documents about Leah's case?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Absolutely I would be willing to! I will do anything to get the ball rolling again on this case. I will tell you that AMW, Unsolved Mysteries and Oprah have all received mass emails just recently. Years ago I sent a packet of all the information I could gather (newspaper clippings, legal documents, pictures etc.) to AMW only for them to send me a letter back saying her case "didn't fit the criteria"!?!?!? I never have understood that one. And yes, I may get stage fright, but ther is NOTHING I wouldn't do for Leah.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:33 pm

No mother should have to wait NINE years to find justice for their child. Most of us have children...could we lay our head on the pillow at night without seeing that image in our minds every second of every day?
Someone definitely dropped the ball on this case. Someone is out there "living life" while this poor mother has NO answers and stays in limbo. not fair
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Didn't fit the criteria??? I thought that's what that show was all about. I know I've seen them do cases older than this one.
Only addresses for these places, I'm guessing? No way to contact anyone by phone? I can't stand getting an automated response. I want to talk to REAL people, especially about something like this.
48 Hours recently did an hour long story about a murder case in my town. It was about a month ago. This case happened probably 12 years ago that they covered. That's an idea!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm

That is exactly what their reply to me was. This was sent regular mail...not email. But yes, their answer was that it didn't fit the criteria. I have the letter somewhere in Leah's hope chest to prove that!
I'm not aware of any phone numbers....just email addresses. I'm like you.....I want to talk to someone on the phone. What gets me is Leah WAS scheduled to be aired on a segment of AMW when she was just missing. She was scheduled to be aired on August 5, 2000. They found her body on August 3rd so the segment was cancelled.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Cory wrote:That is exactly what their reply to me was. This was sent regular mail...not email. But yes, their answer was that it didn't fit the criteria. I have the letter somewhere in Leah's hope chest to prove that!
I'm not aware of any phone numbers....just email addresses. I'm like you.....I want to talk to someone on the phone. What gets me is Leah WAS scheduled to be aired on a segment of AMW when she was just missing. She was scheduled to be aired on August 5, 2000. They found her body on August 3rd so the segment was cancelled.

Cory, what difference would it make if she was missing or found? There was still a guilty party out there..... and when she was found, everyone knew for sure then that there wasn't just a kidnapper free, but a MURDERER walking free..... I am completely surprised that AMW, of all shows, would not be willing to air your daughter's story.... given everything the Walshes went through for all those years with Adam...

Don't give up hope... something will break.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

I know Snaz! Amazing!
I will NEVER give up!

BTW.....I see AlexisRae is at it again on CSO!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Cory, Who is That? I was floored... Shocked
babbette
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:51 pm

I think it is his Mom. Not sure but a relative or a good friend of his for sure!! PUKE!!! Makes me sick!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:04 pm

OMG! I just went and read that stuff at CSO. Cory, do you know who this AlexisRae is? At first I thought she might be Nick's mother, but she says she's not family.....

Nick surely does need to go to the new police chief NOW and tell what he knows. What difference would it make if the police chief comes to him or he goes to the police chief? According to AlexisRae, Nick is waiting for the new chief to come to him....... if he is as truly innocent as he says he is.... he has nothing to lose by going to the new chief and telling him everything he knows.... JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Snaz, thanks for making the above post. I RAN over to cso to read what you all were talking about. Now, what I'd like to know is just who IS AlexisRae? And exactly where and whom is she getting her info from?
If she is telling the truth, then she should get off the forum and run, not walk, to the authorities with her "info", which I'm not falling for it for a second....
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Seems that all the "players" lawyered up pretty dang fast. That's the whole problem..once they lawyer up, they shut up. Why would Nick's friend, Brent, need to lawyer up?
The whole story about why Nick doesn't attend the vigils does not flush with me. Nothing about this case is adding up...So a mother grieves every day of her life, waiting for the truth.
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:38 pm

My question is why is AlexisRae just NOW coming out of the woodwork? How does she fit in to this picture? Since she seems to know so much, why did she post on a forum instead of going directly to Cory and her family to express her opinions/beliefs as to Nick's "innocence"?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 pm

mimi4all wrote:My question is why is AlexisRae just NOW coming out of the woodwork? How does she fit in to this picture? Since she seems to know so much, why did she post on a forum instead of going directly to Cory and her family to express her opinions/beliefs as to Nick's "innocence"?

My guess would be because we just passed the 9 year anniversary and Leah has been all over the news. Noone related to or acquainted with the McGuffin family is ever going to come to me and tell me anything....surely their lawyers wouldn't like that!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 am

They are sure going to town, "undecided" and "prayerbone" and "Alexis" I wonder if any of them are for real.
babbette
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Prayerbone is for real.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:03 pm

As Babbette would say...I'm madder than a wet hen! I would rejoin that other site JUST TO POST ON THIS CASE but I won't do that to another site owner. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about it but I am telling you, I can damn sure post what I want here!

EVEN IF what AlexisRae is saying is true, IF....WHY NOW? (NO, I do NOT believe it anyway). WHY torture Cory? WHY? Damnit, I'm even too angry to post. UGH!

I'll be back to ost my thoughts as soon as I can get myself together.

Cory, please remember, I am there with you. Love & Hugs.

Last edited by FystyAngel on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:19 pm

FystyAngel wrote:As Babbette would say...I'm madder than a wet hen! I would rejoin that other site JUST TO POST ON THIS CASE but I won't do that to another site owner. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about it but I am telling you, I can damn sure post what I want here!

EVEN IF what AlexisRae is saying is true, IF....WHY NOW? (NO, I do NOT belive it anyway). WHY torture Cory? WHY? Damnit, I'm even too angry to post. UGH!

I'll be back to ost my thoughts as soon as I can get myself together.

Cory, please remember, I am there with you. Love & Hugs.

Oh Fysty! I know you are here with me! Yes I do know that! Don't you be upset...I can handle those two idiots. They are nothing but scumbags who wnt to defend the likes of a puke like Nick. If they think for one second I am even gonna think about buying into their BS...they can think again! I will stay there and defend my daughter until my heart takes its last beat.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Cory, I have just one thing to say to to you at this moment......

Leah would be SO proud of her mother. Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 19983
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Snaz wrote:Cory, I have just one thing to say to to you at this moment......

Leah would be SO proud of her mother. Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 19983

Your damned right she is Snaz!

I have to state something right here & right now. Anyone who disagrees IN PRINT ON THIS SITE, with Cory on anything that she says involving this case, please understand that I will allow Cory to blast you from here to eternity. I do not mean to sound harsh to any other members but anyone that would say ANYTHING negative towards a grieving mother, well, IMO would deserve anything that Cory would give out. This is a VERY sensitive matter. I will in no way stick up for anyone who would speak out in public against anything Cory says on the murder of her daughter, so please don't come running to me if she were to blast you.

I see what's going on, on another site and I think it's unbelievable. Disgusting, Cruel, Heartbreaking are a few other words that come to mind. My stomach is on fire, watching, reading. With tears streaming down my face & a very heavy heart, I am posting this statement here & now. Cory, I'm sorry that this person is doing this to you. God forbid that person would go through the pain you have endured.

Yes, this post maybe should be in the Bash Room and hell, it might even go there, but for now... It's here. I would hope that the rest on my members would be just as loyal to Cory but if you have a difference of opinion with this case or with Cory, just please don't post it here.

Last edited by FystyAngel on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you Snaz! I don't know...........could she be as proud as I am to call her My Daughter?? I love her so much and miss her so bad.....No matter what these bastards think or say.....I will be there to defend Leah's honor until Hell freezes over.

I'm ok guys! I really am. Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 839314
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:46 pm

FystyAngel wrote:

Your damned right she is Snaz!

I have to state something right here & right now. Anyone who disagrees IN PRINT ON THIS SITE, with Cory on anything that she says involving this case, please understand that I will allow Cory to blast you from here to eternity. I do not mean to sound harsh to any other members but anyone that would say ANYTHING negative towards a grieving mother, well, IMO would deserve anything that Cory would give out. This is a VERY sensitive matter. I will in no way stick up for anyone who would speak out in public against anything Cory says on the murder of her daughter, so please don't come running to me if she were to blast you.

I see what's going on, on another site and I think it's unbelievable. Disgusting, Cruel, Heartbreaking are a few other words that come to mind. My stomach is on fire, watching, reading. With tears streaming down my face & a very heavy heart, I am posting this statement here & now. Cory, I'm sorry that this person is doing this to you. Gid forbid that person would go through the pain you have endured.

Yes, this post maybe should be in the Bash Room and hell, it might even go there, but for now... It's here. I would hope that the rest on my members would be just as loyal to Cory but if you have a difference of opinion with this case or with Cory, just please don't post it here.

Fysty.....You are an amazing woman!!!! I love you dearly! You know....I'll just bet "Our Angel Leah" is hovering over you right now and praising you for all you do for her Mom! That's how she was. NOONE would mess with her Mom! She may have been little....but there was power behind that punch of hers!!!!! OMG! She would be SOOOOOOOO mad at Undecided and AlexisRae! Karma will come their way...wait and see!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Cory wrote:

Thank you Snaz! I don't know...........could she be as proud as I am to call her My Daughter?? I love her so much and miss her so bad.....No matter what these bastards think or say.....I will be there to defend Leah's honor until Hell freezes over.

I'm ok guys! I really am. Leah Freeman -- Found Deceased 8/3/00 - Page 2 839314

Cory, I understand completely what you mean about being proud to call Leah your daughter. I, myself, have a daughter who is not much older than Leah would have been today had she been allowed to live her life. I couldn't be more proud of my own daughter. I hope you do take comfort in knowing that Leah KNOWS you are proud of her and how much you love her.... she is right beside you, fighting..... but more importantly, watching over you and giving you strength to go through all that you have had to endure, and what you have to yet face in the future. Even though I don't personally know you, from one mother to another, I am very proud of you, too, for how you continue to fight for your beloved daughter. Leah is smiling......
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I am obsessing and addressing over this case. Here is a link that will take you to Dateline and other MSNBC sites that could be of help to Cory. The more people who contact, the better results we could get...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Frasier says when a tip comes in they look into it and go through the investigative process, " and if it excludes someone, you know, obviously, we know that's not the way to go. All I can say about the documents released a couple years ago is the persons named there have not been excluded as potential suspects."

Have not been excluded as potential suspects? Then why no activity to try to exclude anyone and everyone?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

This is the part that gets me:

But what it all still seems to boil down to is that, to this point, justice has been denied to a young girl and the family she left behind, for nine years. Nine years where some folks, it is still firmly believed, out of either misplaced loyalty or fear, have helped to deny that justice

We can put a man on the moon, but because of misplaced loyalty or FEAR, Leah and her family are denied justice?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:48 pm

If Dateline can come to my little town and give an hour air time about a murder case that happened here in 1990 (just in May of this year, they came and did a show), then I think maybe they are the ones who might could get this case picked back up.
I guess I'm still wondering why Americas Most Wanted says this case does not fit the criteria? I'm sure I've seen them do really old cold cases and actually get the tips that led to an arrest. I'm confused, but there are other resources...Cory, don't get discouraged any more than you have been all this time...It takes a village...
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm

If anyone had trouble clicking on any of the shows on the msnbc link I put above, so did I...when I'd click on contact us, something would pop up and say "There is an error in the syntax of format of the file".
Not all correspondents of these shows are available via email, but can be reached by mail at the following address: NBC News, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, N.Y. 10112. Keith Morrison is an award winning correspondent for Dateline NBC and has interviewed everyone from Presidents to criminals, so I'm hoping he may be our trump card. Thanks all!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3949312/ (great man!) He is the one who did the show in my hometown back in May.
I'm sure Cory has probably already been to these people and anywhere/everywhere possible, but I thought maybe the more people who could write, the more awareness could be raised as to the importance and interest of this case.
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Mimi, I went through your link, clicked on Dateline NBC, and emailed them yesterday. Their email address is Dateline@NBCUNI.com.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sorrow Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am

I can't seem to find the tribute, but Cory told me it was very beautiful!!
If anyone can help me find it I would be greatful!!
Thanks..;)

sorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am

sorrow wrote:I can't seem to find the tribute, but Cory told me it was very beautiful!!
If anyone can help me find it I would be greatful!!
Thanks..;)

Home page Sam!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

It's also on the top of this page.

Welcome Sorrow!
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey All! Just wanted to let you know Leah has a facebook page now.. https://apps.facebook.com/causes/341103/40479216?m=6d54c0aa
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 am

Good job, Cory.
Facebook is a great way to get the word out. It's huge!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey Everyone.....
Today is National Day of Remembrance For Murder Victims. Please pray for those who have lost their lives to murder.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks Cory. I will pray for Leah and the many others who lost their lives to murder.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:19 pm

I will join the prayer chain. {Hugs Cory.}
babbette
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Cory, thank you for letting us know. I will keep Leah and all those lost to murder in my thoughts and prayers, especially on this day.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Cory, Leah is in my prayers always. Thanks for the reminder for the other today.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanks you guys!
Also, if you haven't signed the cause on Leah's Facebook please do so when you have time. It's always a boost when I see more members!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi4all Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Cory, I have had you on my mind a lot lately. I was wondering if you have heard anything at all from any of the news organizations..Dateline, etc?
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Cory, my thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family, every day.

I think about you every day. God Bless You.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi Cory, I joined Leah's Cause on Facebook and even got a couple of others to join as well. Heck, even my mother! LOL. I sent an invite to every one of my contacts on Facebook. You know how I feel about you & Leah. Hope to catch up with you soon.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next