Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack

3 posters

Go down

Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack Empty Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack

Post by Justice4all Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 pm

A former astronaut who drove 1,000 miles from Houston to Orlando to mount a bizarre attack on a romantic rival pleaded guilty Tuesday to reduced charges and was sentenced to a year on probation (watch full hearing).

Lisa Nowak, a Navy captain, pleaded guilty to third-degree felony burglary and misdemeanor battery. She originally had been charged with two felonies -- attempted kidnapping and burglary -- along with misdemeanor battery. She could have faced up to life in prison under the more serious felony charges.

Nowak confronted her romantic rival, Colleen Shipman, in the parking lot of Orlando International Airport in February 2007 after driving from Houston (watch raw surveillance). Shipman had begun dating Nowak's love interest, former space shuttle pilot Bill Oefelein.

Wearing a wig and trenchcoat, Nowak followed Shipman to the parking lot and tried to get into her car, then attacked her with pepper spray. Shipman was able to drive away.

Police arrested Nowak a short time later in the parking lot near a trash can where she was seen getting rid of a bag. In Nowak's bag police found a steel mallet, a knife, a BB pistol, rubber tubing and several large garbage bags (see evidence pics).

"Almost three years later, I'm still reeling from her vicious attack," Shipman told Circuit Judge Marc L. Lubet after Nowak's plea, holding back tears "I know in my heart when Lisa Nowak attacked me, she was going to kill me.

"I believe I escaped a horrible death that night," said Shipman, a former Air Force captain who worked at Patrick Air Force Base near the Kennedy Space Center.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/21562566/detail.html

I think Shipman was probably right that Nowak was going to kill her based on the weapons and large garbage bags found in Nowak's bag. It doesn't make any sense to me that they reduced her charges and only gave her one year probation.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack Empty Re: Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:13 am

J4A,

They forgot to mention her diaper..lol

Back to top Go down

Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack Empty Re: Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack

Post by Booklover Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 am

I watched Lisa Nowak's so called "apology" to her victim, Colleen Shipman. It appeared that she was smirking while giving her "apology". Shocked affraid I cannot believe how easily she got off considering the circumstances. I think she definitely deserves jail time. Rolling Eyes Mad She certainly is not playing with a full deck. No
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 am

This just makes me sick. I'm sorry to say this but I believe that she had every intention of killing her victim! Time served? Are you kidding me? not fair
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:50 pm

FystyAngel wrote:This just makes me sick. I'm sorry to say this but I believe that she had every intention of killing her victim! Time served? Are you kidding me? not fair
Hi, Fysty! hug You're right about Lisa Nowak. I think she's a psychopath, & should be in prison for life. Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack 541830 Ex-Astronaut Gets Time Served, Probation In Attack 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down