Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head

+2
Justice4all
Cali
6 posters

Go down

Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head Empty Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head

Post by Cali Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:08 pm

911 caller: 'I just killed my daughter'
Updated: Thursday, 03 Dec 2009, 9:16 AM CST
Published : Thursday, 03 Dec 2009, 9:16 AM CST

Reporter: Maria Medina
Web Producer: Bill Diven
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - The father accused of pointing a gun at his 9-month-old daughter and pulling the trigger during an argument with her mother made a chilling 911 call seconds after the shooting.

"I just killed my daughter," Christopher Rains is heard telling the dispatcher in a recording released Wednesday.

Rains, 22, made the call to 911 around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday. Responding officers found his daughter dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

On Wednesday Rains made his first appearance. Metropolitan Court Judge Victor Valdez set his bond at $500,000 cash only saying he felt Rains would be a danger to the community.

Police quoted Rains as saying he shot his daughter "because my ex-girlfriend doesn't want me anymore."

The 911 call lasted seven minutes. During that time Rains told the dispatcher he shot his baby in the head as her mother, who admitted to Rains she'd spoken to another man, watched helplessly.

The dispatcher asked Rains why he shot the baby.

"Because I didn't want her to move on with another man without me," Rains is heard saying. "And so I killed my daughter"

Within minutes police surrounded the home in the 300 block of General Chennault NE near Central Avenue and Wyoming Boulevard.

"I'm 22 years old, and I'm going to go to prison for the rest of my life, aren't I?" Rains asked the dispatcher minutes before the call ended.

Rains was still on the phone with the dispatcher when police went into the home and arrested him.

Before Rains disconnected the call with 911, the dispatcher asked him if his baby is breathing.

"No, she is dead," he said. "She is dead."

Investigators said Rains told them he'd been arguing with his ex for hours before the shooting repeatedly sending her text messages asking about the man she admitted seeing.

The arguing continued at his ex's home.

Rains told police he held his daughter in one hand and a gun in the other as his ex tried to get their baby away from him.

Rains said when his ex admitted to seeing the other man's genitals he shot the baby and then turned to his ex and asked her if it was "worth it."

Rains worked for an Albuquerque company that sells parts for heaters and air conditioners for the past three years.

"There is nothing in his work history with the company that would indicate that he would commit this act," his boss told KRQE News 13.

A background check on Rains showed no criminal history. Police said Rains told them he'd previously pointed a gun at his daughter, but no police report had ever been filed about those alleged incidents.

During his court appearance Wednesday another inmate attacked him.

A source told News 13 Eric Salazar, 27, who was being arraigned on drug charges, attacked Rains because of the crime he is accused of committing.

Rains faces a list of charges including child abuse resulting in death.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/national/west/911-caller-i-just-killed-my-daughter1259853376308
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head Empty Re: Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:33 pm

OMG. I can't believe someone could shoot their 9-month-old daughter. I hope the loser goes to prison for the rest of his life.

Here is a video report from KRQE News.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head Empty Re: Man called 911 in Albuguerque, NM after shooting his 9-month-old daughter in head

Post by Julie Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Just awful!!!!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh my sweet Lord.........
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 pm

OMG, How terrible! I hope this sick SOB rots in jail. What in the hell is wrong with people? Now he spends the rest of his life in prison (Thank the Lord!) And not to sound cold or callous, but the mother....Well, even though she shouldn't have lost her child for cheating...maybe, just maybe, she will think about it before cheating again!
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 am

OMG How horrible!!!! That animal! He will never last in prison, someone will take him out! He will be in protective custody just like the other baby killers. They should not be protected! Prison is too easy for these losers!!!! RIP Sweet Baby Sad
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down