Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries

4 posters

Go down

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries Empty Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries

Post by Piper Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Re-cap on Richard Hornsby's December 2nd post on the defense motions...as predicted, all motions denied.

The scheduling of the hearing on these motions provides not only a timely interlude in the progression of her Murder case, but also a timely and brief interlude from my two part series on her Check Fraud case (Casey Anthony: Insufficient Funds).

Unfortunately though, I think that this interlude will not provide Ms. Anthony with any early Christmas cheer, as it appears that Santa will not be giving her anything on her Christmas wish list – she must have been a naughty girl this year, tsk tsk…

Oh Casey, just what have your attorneys done?

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries Grinch12

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/02/how-the-grinch-stole-casey-anthonys-christmas/comment-page-3/
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries Empty Re: Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries

Post by eva Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:50 am

Did Casey get a Turkey Dinner in her Crowbar Hotel room last night?
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I don't know Eva, I haven't seen her menu posted anywhere!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries Empty Richard Hornsby Blog Entries

Post by Piper Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:20 am

Latest Hornsby post claiming Blink manufactures her stories for money:

Twas the Night Before Christmas and not a Creature was Stirring Except Blink the Rat…
Dec 24th, 2009 by Richard Hornsby.

So Blink may really be Shannon Stoy who creates her own storyline to further her own financial interests, which is none other than her own Public Relations and Communications company.

She is basically a modern day P.T. Barnum “who was remembered for promoting celebrated hoaxes.”

Well at least now we know why she outed Todd Black – he was a direct competitor to her and she was probably jealous he had inserted himself directly into her dream case.

So basically, Ms. Stoy is just another Merchant in Misery who profits off of other people’s misfortune; a real life Crime Profiteer if you will.

But to profit, she must create stories where there are none; so as to hype her site, which I assume Internet News Network pays her to maintain. I mean, it costs me a total of $100 a year to maintain both my sites ad free (my hosting company is Arvixe – a really great web hosting company by the way).

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/24/twas-the-night-before-christmas-and-not-a-creature-was-stirring-except-blink-the-rat/#comments
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Why would he publish Blink's personal info out there if she prefers to remain anonymous? That just doesn't seem right to me. No matter what their differences are.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't understand Hornsby.... he blasted both Sheaffer and Blink for doing EXACTLY what he does.....

Go figure. This case sure has brought out the worst in so many people. All thanks to KC. She could have prevented everything.... including the death of her daughter. So sad.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

His post was so full of hate and contempt for her, as he did with Bill S. And you're right, he's promoting himself and his firm, so what's the big diff?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Attorney of Record in Record Time

Dec 28th, 2009
by Richard Hornsby.

Exactly how did Jose Baez become Casey Anthony’s attorney and how he is getting paid? Those are the questions that everyone wants answered.

But what people should really be asking is how did Jose Baez become Casey Anthony’s attorney so quickly.

And to get to the heart of the story, you have to go back to the beginning – back to the day Casey Anthony was arrested.

In the beginning there was no Jose…

According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Prisoner Transport Jurat, Casey Anthony was officially booked into jail as of 11:40 p.m. on July 16, 2008.

According to the Notice of Appearance filed by Jose Baez, he was officially her attorney of record as of 3:54 p.m. on July 17, 2008.

And just like that, 17 hours later, Casey Anthony had made the life or death decision of who would be her attorney.

Read the rest:
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/28/attorney-of-record-in-record-time/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Change of Venue + Sequestration = An Orange County Trial

Dec 29th, 2009
by Richard Hornsby.

Riddle me this:

If Judge Strickland were to grant Casey Anthony’s Motion for Change of Venue and also sequester the jury, where would the trial be held?

Answer: Orange County :-)

See Section 910.03(3), Florida Statutes.

If a court finds that a fair and impartial jury cannot be impaneled in the county where the offense was committed, and the court determines that once a jury is selected it shall be sequestered, the court on its own motion, or upon a motion of any party, may elect to select a jury from a county other than where the offense was committed. … Upon completion of jury selection, the jury shall be brought for trial to the county where the offense was committed.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/29/change-of-venue-sequestration-an-orange-county-trial/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Misc. Richard Hornsby Blog Entries Empty Add link

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:29 pm

This comment was made by Richard Hornsby on his blog in reference to the last entry I just posted.

Bold is by me.

Richard Hornsby says:
December 29, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Make no mistake, the Capital case WILL be tried in Orange County. The jury may be from another county, but the case will be tried in Orange County.

Notwithstanding the statute, which cannot be overridden, the State has 200+ witnesses.

What would be cheaper, put all of the witnesses, court personnel, and attorneys up in hotels in another county for several weeks; or

Put 15 or so jurors (have to take into account the alternates) up in a posh hotel here in Orlando?

Hornsbydamus has spoken, the Capital case will be held in Orlando, Florida.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/29/change-of-venue-sequestration-an-orange-county-trial/

If he is correct, looks like we'll be having us a trial in Orange County!

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Here's another comment by Hornsby regarding trial venue:

Richard Hornsby says:
December 29, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Take the check fraud case, it will take a day or two and has about five witnesses.

So even though Judge Strickland MIGHT agree to a change of venue, he would not likely sequester the jury for such a short trial. So the trial would be held in the county where the jury was picked.

On the other hand, the Capital case will take weeks and has hundreds of witnesses and will be a global sensation. Strickland would grant the change of venue and have to sequester the jury – not just for to prohibit media exposure, but because of logistics of witnesses and personnel. Thus, by statute, he is required to bring the jury back to Orlando and conduct the trial.

Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Casey’s “Public Record” Exception

Oct 3rd, 2010
by Richard Hornsby.

In an interesting twist, the Fourth District Court of Appeals issued Bent v. Sun-Sentinel (PDF), which held that an accused inmate’s phone conversations were not “public records” within the meaning of Florida’s public records law, and thus were not subject to being released to the media.
Far Reaching Implications

This ruling obviously has very far reaching implications, as in addition to her jail-house telephone calls and video visitation, its reasoning applies equally as well to Casey’s written letters, if obtained and copied by corrections. However, I do not think it applies to the jail’s visitor log, but as I explain below, I think they have a legitimate argument that it does.
No More Excuses?

What this obviously means for Casey Anthony is that she no longer has a legitimate excuse not to see or speak with her parents, as the ruling’s holding would apply to both video and audio recordings. Or would she?

What will remain to be seen is whether this ruling would prohibit the State Attorney’s Office, as opposed to the jail, from releasing the recordings in discovery.

Read more: http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2010/10/caseys-public-record-exception/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:26 am

Interesting information on Mr. Richard Hornsby's blog:

~Snipped~
Under Florida law, a judge is not required to give a defendant credit for time previously served on unrelated sentences while awaiting trial. See Jackson v. State, 23 So. 3d 853 (Fla. 2d DCA 2009) (“Where a defendant is held to answer for numerous charges, he is not entitled to have his jail time credit pyramided by being given credit on each sentence for the full time he spends in jail awaiting disposition of multiple charges or cases.”); See also Hardenbrook v. State, 953 So. 2d 717 (Fla. 1st DCA 2007).

What this means is that the Very Honorable Judge Belvin Perry had the authority to deny Ms. Anthony credit for 412 of the 1,043 days he credited her with previously serving, as that time had been credited to her already by the Honorable Stan Strickland on the Check Fraud Charges.

If the Very Honorable Judge Belvin Perry had exercised his judicial discretion to do so, Ms. Anthony would likely be spending at least 9 more months in the Orange County Jail after taking into account good time and gain time.

Read more:
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am

LOL! I loved the mason quotes at the end of the artical. You go Richard!
KariBear
KariBear

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Yes, that was hilarious KB!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down