Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

+15
Estee
Ann - Tx
LottieM
Plaidchick
sitemama
Julie
Piper
randilynn
mimi4all
Snaz
babbette
FystyAngel
ignertbliss
Booklover
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:29 am

Last witness on stand for defense in Conrad Murray trial

By Alan Duke - CNN

Updated 5:55 AM EST, Fri October 28, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Round two in the battle of the propofol experts enters its final stage Friday in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor as the defense anesthesiology expert resumes his testimony that began Thursday.

Dr. Paul White is expected to counter the conclusions of prosecution anesthesiologist Dr. Steven Shafer, whose earlier testimony spanned more than a week of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.

When the defense direct questioning of White concludes, likely around noon Friday, the court will recess until Monday morning when the prosecution will begin its cross-examination, according to the transcript of a meeting in the judge's chambers.

Closing arguments could come as soon as Tuesday in the trial that began in late September.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/28/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/?hpt=us_c2
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 pm

tweets from InSession:

InSession The reason for the delay is new discovery related to Dr. White's testimony that the State received yesterday. #MurrayTrial
3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InSession Judge Pastor has agreed to allow the prosecution to begin its cross examination of Dr. White on Monday. #MurrayTrial
3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 am

Conrad Murray's defense ends without him taking the stand

Michael Jackson's personal physician declines to testify in his own defense as both sides wrap up their cases, setting the stage for closing arguments.

By Victoria Kim and Harriet Ryan, Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles, CA

November 2, 2011

Testimony drew to a close in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician Tuesday as the doctor announced he will not testify in his own defense.

Dr. Conrad Murray waited until the last possible moment to declare his intention not to take the stand, telling the judge as late as Monday afternoon he had yet to make up his mind. After the final defense witness completed his testimony Tuesday, Murray took his time responding to the judge's question about his final decision.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-conrad-murray-20111102,0,3651619.story

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 am

The trial will resume today after Judge Pastor gave the Prosecution and Defense Wednesday to prepare for Closing Arguments.

It is expected Judge Pastor will hand down the case to the jury for deliberations either late Thursday or Friday morning.

We shall see!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:04 am

Once again . . . FoxLA has a page dedicated to the Conrad Murray Case/Trial.

There are numerous articles, videos, photos, and documents from 2009 thru 2011.

Excellent source for info and the latest news re the trial!

http://www.myfoxla.com/subindex/jackson_dr_trial
MyFoxLA - Los Angeles, CA - Dr. Conrad Murray Trial/Case
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:11 am

Trial resumes today, 11-03-11 at 9 a.m. PDT/11 CDT/12 EDT.

Closing arguments!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:19 am

Closing arguments set in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor

By Alan Duke, CNN

Updated 3:31 AM EST, Thu November 3, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Jurors in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor will hear closing arguments from the prosecution and defense Thursday, with deliberations on Dr. Conrad Murray's fate expected to begin late Thursday or Friday.

It follows 22 days of testimony from several of Murray's girlfriends and patients, Jackson employees, paramedics and emergency room doctors, investigators and medical experts.

Jackson's mother will sit on one side of the courtroom, while Murray's mother is likely to be seated on the other end Thursday as the seven men and five women on the jury listen to each side sum up their case.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/?hpt=us_c2
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 am

Did anyone ever ask or say who paid for all this propofol Dr Murray ordered?

They keep harping on how much MJ was paying Murray, but maybe part of that was to pay for all the propofol MJ knew he was going to want?

I'm sure it went on Murray's bill at first, so I wonder if he's ever been reimbursed for it? Or was he paid in advance by MJ?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Get to know the Murray trial jurors

By Megan Haberling, October 29, 2011
HLN - CNN

In high-profile cases like CA v. Conrad Murray, jury selection can prove to be the most critical step in the entire trial. Before the jurors even report to the courthouse, the prosecution, defense and judge agree upon a questionnaire to present to the potential jurors. After the questionnaires are completed, the selected jurors are then questioned by both sets of attorneys in a process called voir dire. Voir dire means "to speak the truth." Throughout the voir dire process, the prosecutors and defense attorneys are given a set number of peremptory strikes in which they can eliminate a potential juror for no specific reason.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/10/29/get-know-jurors-deciding-dr-murrays-fate%20

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Judge Pastor read the instructions to the jury earlier this morning. Closing arguments concluded this evening.

Judge Pastor excused the jury (recessed court) until tomorrow morning. The jury will pick a foreperson and start their deliberations tomorrow.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:Judge Pastor read the instructions to the jury earlier this morning. Closing arguments concluded this evening.

Judge Pastor excused the jury (recessed court) until tomorrow morning. The jury will pick a foreperson and start their deliberations tomorrow.

Tomorrow? I missed it today....The pundits have been saying all evening that the verdict should be in within hours this evening....did they miss it today too? Laughing
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm

LottieM, the jury started deliberations this morning. As of this time, they have been deliberating about 3 1/2 hours.

Sometimes one just has to ignore the "talking heads." lol

That is why I appreciated the Live Stream of the trial. Hear it direct from Judge Pastor!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm

VERDICT WATCH: THIS IS IT!

By Grace Wong - HLN (CNN)

November 4, 2011

•If jurors have questions, they'll signal with a buzzer
•Deliberations in Murray trial began at 11:30 a.m. ET
•Murray faces up to four years in prison if convicted

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/11/04/get-ready-deliberations-kick-friday
~~~~~~~~~

Notice the headline phrase, "This Is It"! That was the name of MJ's tour overseas . . . London.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 pm

tweets from InSession:

InSession @InSession's exclusive interview with #MichaelJackson's former dermatologist Dr. Arnold will air Monday morning on @truTV 9AM Monday! 14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InSession @InSession interviewed Dr. Arnold Klien to discuss accusations that he contributed to #MichaelJackson's death:http://t.co/Ux72Xy92
14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Looking forward to "Verdict Watch" tomorrow!

Jury deliberations resume Monday, 11-7-11, at 9 a.m. PST.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Dermatologist: Michael Jackson 'totally addicted' to propofol

By Jean Casarez, In Session - CNN

Updated 7:37 PM EST, Sun November 6, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson was "totally addicted to propofol," the surgical anesthetic the coroner ruled killed him, the pop star's dermatologist said in an interview with the In Session network.

Dr. Arnold Klein said he personally tried several times to prevent other doctors from administering propofol to Jackson for sleep.

"I knew this problem existed," Klein said in the interview Saturday. "I did my best to prevent it. Whenever I could, I prevented it, but I'm only one man and I have to support my own life and take care of myself."

Klein disputed the argument by Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers that he addicted Jackson to Demerol in the months before his death, saying he used only low doses of the painkiller while repairing Jackson's collapsed nose and jawline.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/06/showbiz/klein-jackson-interview/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:20 pm

The jury has reached a verdict! Hope they find Murray GUILTY!
17 deviations from the Standard of Care!

InSession The verdict should be announced at approximately 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET. #MurrayTrial
9 minutes ago· reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:22 pm

They did
kellikat
kellikat

Mood : Sick 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Dr. Conrad Murray was found GUILTY!

His sentencing is scheduled for Tuesday, 11-29-11.

Judge Pastor ordered Murray into custody. Murray was handcuffed in court and removed from the Court Room when Judge Pastor recessed court.

All gag orders have been vacated by Judge Pastor.

There were 15 members of the Jackson family in court for the reading of the verdict.

On a personal note, I am glad the jury rendered a guilty verdict. Justice has been served for Michael Jackson!

This has been a very interesting and educational trial. The forensic experts did an exceptional job in my opinion.

David Walgren and Deborah Brazil did an excellent job in presenting this case for the State of California.

Judge Pastor is a brilliant judge. He knows the law and knows it well which is so crucial in a trial. Judge Pastor clearly has control of his court room. The attorneys from both sides respected Judge Pastor throughout this trial.

Need to go. The DA is making a statement! Later . . .

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Conrad Murray explains why he didn’t call 911

November 9, 2011 | 10:26 am

Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles, CA

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 6a00d8341c630a53ef015436bee36c970c-640wi

Dr. Conrad Murray said he should have "walked away" from his famous patient instead of giving him the surgical anesthetic propofol to help him sleep.

In an interview with the "Today" show's Savannah Guthrie, scheduled to air Thursday and Friday, Murray said he believed he had weaned Michael Jackson off propofol three days before his death. Guthrie asked him why -- even when he felt he shouldn't be giving Jackson the drug -- he didn't leave his $150,000-a-month position.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/conrad-murray-explains-why-he-didnt-call-911.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Murray is more incompetent than what I thought! He has to be smarter than the reason he is now giving for not calling 911. I wish he'd tell the truth!

Weaning MJ off of Propofol? Not with 4 gallons and vials of Propofol! LMAO

Some mainstream media sources reported it was enough Propofol to treat 150,000 patients in an operating room setting.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm not saying I agree Dr Murray should be blamed for MJ's death...however, I will say Dr Murray is an idiot for signing up with MJ in the first place to do anything for him.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 pm

I think he could have helped his cause by testifying. If a celebrity hadn't been involved, this would likely have been a malpractice suit, not a criminal case. Everything in Los Angeles has to be a sensational and a public spectacle. My opinion only.
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:57 pm

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Murray Juror Speaks With ABC

Jim Avila speaks with juror who says nine hours of deliberation were not easy.

03:18 | 11/09/2011

Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/conrad-murray-juror-speaks-abc-news-14913088
ABC News
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Jackson's Dad Says 'There's More' as Conrad Murray Civil Case Looms

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Closing Arguments in Michael Jackson Trial (5:34)

By LUCHINA FISHER and SHEILA MARIKAR
ABC - Good Morning America

Nov. 8, 2011

Now that a criminal jury has found Dr. Conrad Murray's guilty of involuntary manslaughter, his case will head for civil court where Murray could be found liable for medical malpractice.

The Jackson family is ready for the next chapter. On his way out of Monday's court hearing when Murray receive his guilty verdict, family patriarch Joe Jackson told the crowd of media and fans, "There's more."

Civil suits against Murray and AEG Live LLC, the firm behind Jackon's "This Is It" tour, have already been filed. Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's father, filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Murray in November 2010. Katherine Jackson, the pop star's mother, filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG in September 2010.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/conrad-murrays-guilty-verdict-civil-suits/story?id=14882225
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Michael Jackson's estate demands MSNBC ax Conrad Murray documentary

November 9, 2011 | 1:25 pm

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc41a1d2970d-640wi

Executors for the estate of Michael Jackson demanded Wednesday that MSNBC drop its plan to air a "reprehensible" documentary that promises a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the singer's relationship with Dr. Conrad Murray, but which they charged smears the late pop icon.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-msnbc-documentary-.html

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 Jackson-estate-letter-to-msnbc-p1-small
Michael Jackson estate letter to MSNBC

Click on Link below to read two page letter:

http://documents.latimes.com/jackson-family-tells-msnbc-not-air-dr-conrad-murray-documentary/
Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles, CA 11/9/11 Michael Jackson estate letter to MSNBC

pdf - Two (2) Pages
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Executors for the estate of Michael Jackson demanded Wednesday that MSNBC drop its plan to air a "reprehensible" documentary that promises a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the singer's relationship with Dr. Conrad Murray, but which they charged smears the late pop icon.

I don't think anyone can smear 'the late pop icon' any more than he did it to himself. Anyone who didn't already know he was addicted to drugs had to have been living under a rock.

I will admit, he did produce a lot of good music, but his best was when he was still young, and performing with his brothers.

And what's with Big Daddy Joe??? He was the first to abuse MJ, and all he ever wanted was the money the boys could produce for him. I despise that man, and MJ's probably spinning in his grave just knowing he is allowed around his kids. MJ would not allow him around the kids, so why is Michael's mom allowing it. And for my last 2 cents, she is too old to raise these kids, and they shouldn't be living with all the uncles, aunts and tons of cousins. One of MJ's sisters should take the kids, and move away from the rest of the family. Let them have a normal life for a change.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Edward Chernoff, one of Dr. Conrad Murray's attorneys, is from Houston, Tx. Chernoff is back in his Houston office and did an interview with a reporter from one of our local (Houston) TV stations.
_________

Attorney: Houston doctor convicted in Jackson’s death ‘devastated’ by verdict

Click to play

by Courtney Zubowski/ KHOU 11 News
Houston, Tx

Posted on November 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM
Updated today at 9:01 PM

HOUSTON -- An Attorney who defended Dr. Conrad Murray says the Houston cardiologist was caught off guard by the guilty verdict.

“I can tell you that he’s devastated and it’s hard to see him that way. It’s hard to see him in jail,” attorney Ed Chernoff said in his first television interview since the verdict.

On Monday, a Los Angeles County jury found the doctor guilty of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Attorney-Houston-doctor-convicted-in-Jacksons-death-devastated-by-verdict---133577283.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Conrad Murray gave NBC interviews without telling attorneys

November 10, 2011 | 8:56 am

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc467ac9970d-640wi

Dr. Conrad Murray's criminal defense attorneys said they did not know their client had agreed to wide-ranging interviews about Michael Jackson's death in the final days of his manslaughter trial.

The interviews were with NBC and a British outlet as part of a controversial documentary, "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship," which is scheduled to air Friday.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/conrad-murray-gave-nbc-interviews-without-telling-attorney.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Conrad Murray interview with Today Show - Aired 11-10-11
Video: 7:08

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Source:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45237925#45237925
MSNBC - Today Show - Murray - Air Date 11/10/11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 pm

sitemama wrote:

I don't think anyone can smear 'the late pop icon' any more than he did it to himself. Anyone who didn't already know he was addicted to drugs had to have been living under a rock.

I will admit, he did produce a lot of good music, but his best was when he was still young, and performing with his brothers.

And what's with Big Daddy Joe??? He was the first to abuse MJ, and all he ever wanted was the money the boys could produce for him. I despise that man, and MJ's probably spinning in his grave just knowing he is allowed around his kids. MJ would not allow him around the kids, so why is Michael's mom allowing it. And for my last 2 cents, she is too old to raise these kids, and they shouldn't be living with all the uncles, aunts and tons of cousins. One of MJ's sisters should take the kids, and move away from the rest of the family. Let them have a normal life for a change.

Right on, mama...about everything. But especially about Daddy Joe's abuse to MJ (and all the boys)....you just know he's the reason behind MJ's extreme perfectionism and excessive fear he will let his fans down...both of which led to drugs and no sleep. I don't know how Daddy Joe can walk around with a straight face like his discipline abuse made MJ the star he was as if it's all positive and any bad thing is someone else's fault...Like Dr Murray's.

Note to Jackson family: Please change Blanket's name!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Note to Jackson family: Please change Blanket's name!

I totally agree with you Lottie about his name. But isn't his real name also Prince like the older boy's? I think they just call him Blanket because he always carried one when he was little.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:58 am

Mama...If that's the case then why not call him Linus??? I too think Blanket is a horrible nickname...As far as "icon status" goes, yes he was talented, but a lot of MJ was hype...Just like Elvis...IMHO Elvis was not talented...The promoters and production folk behind both Elvis and MJ should be given the credit for making them the super stars that they became...I never was a big fan of either of them...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:03 am

Estee likes Lady Gaga Laughing
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:07 am

She is a trip...Love her get ups...I think Amy Winehouse had talent despite her afflictions...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Conrad Murray interview with Today Show - Aired 11-11-11
Video:
7:29

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Source:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45253849#45253849
MSNBC - Today Show - Murray - Air Date 11/11/11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Estee wrote:Mama...If that's the case then why not call him Linus??? I too think Blanket is a horrible nickname...As far as "icon status" goes, yes he was talented, but a lot of MJ was hype...Just like Elvis...IMHO Elvis was not talented...The promoters and production folk behind both Elvis and MJ should be given the credit for making them the super stars that they became...I never was a big fan of either of them...

I'm with you Estee on both Elvis and MJ being promoted to be more than they were. And you know, both Elvis and MJ probably had trouble handling the hype and living up to it...so drugs anyone?

I like Elvis's voice but certainly not all his songs and definitely none of his movies! haha

As for MJ, he was straight up weird and wasteful of his money buying zoos and carnival rides etc...and his dance moves are not so special as they able to be done by all his backup dancers and lots of 6 year old kids. What was so great about him? He got popular back in the days of Thriller and then got plastic surgery until his nose fell off....got on pain meds when his hair sadly caught on fire and never recovered.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Interesting article!
____

Discord Over Strategy on Dr. Conrad Murray's Defense Team

by Miriam Rozen
Texas Lawyer.com - TX

November 21, 2011

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 Chernoff_edward_m_2011_
Ed Chernoff of Houston's Stradley, Chernoff & Alford
Image: John Everett

The lawyers representing Dr. Conrad Murray in Los Angeles Superior Court had no reason to cheer on Nov. 8, but it wasn't just the guilty verdict that created tension on the trial team.

For much of the trial, discord dominated relations between Houston lawyer Ed Chernoff, who led the criminal-defense team for Murray, and his co-counsel J. Michael Flanagan of Glendale, Calif.'s Flanagan Unger Grover & McCool. Neither lawyer plans to represent Murray on appeal.

"This is the first time I've done a case with co-counsel in 30 years, and we had a difference of opinion about how the case should be handled," Flanagan says.

Read more:

http://www.law.com/jsp/tx/PubArticleTX.jsp?id=1202532904349&slreturn=1
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Conrad Murray to be sentenced for Michael Jackson death

Monday, November 28, 2011

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson, will be sentenced on Tuesday.

Jackson died of an overdose of propofol, and Murray, 58, was accused of administering the fatal overdose.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8446866
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:48 pm

tweet from InSession:

InSession Tune in to @InSession tomorrow morning for live coverage of #ConradMurray's sentencing. Will the judge give him probation or jail time?
about 1 hour ago · reply · retweet · favorite
~~~~~

Per FoxLA trial watchers, FOX LA will live stream. Court will be in session at 11:30 a.m. EST/ 8:30 a.m. PST on Tuesday, 11-29-11.

10:30 a.m. CST (My time)

I assume CNN-Live, OTRC, TMZ, etc. and whoever streamed the trial live will stream the sentencing live.

I can hardly wait for Judge Pastor to sentence Murray!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by ukgirl Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I will be watching this tomorrow, watched all the trial of Conrad Murray and i hope he doesnt get probation!
ukgirl
ukgirl

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:03 am

ukgirl, I will be watching too.

I watched the entire trial. The days I had to be out of town, I recorded it on InSession & HLN. So during commercial breaks, I could see what I missed on one of two channels!

I found the forensics testimony very educational. I like forensics and I was glued to the TV or my computer! lol

Dr. Murray's proven deviations from the Standard of Care were shocking! At least 17 were sited and proven in a court of law.

It is expected his license to practice medicine in the State of Texas will be terminated. (Note: The State of California Medical Board has no bearing on the decision by the State of Texas. I do not intend to imply that CA does.)

With his guilty verdict, he lost the right to practice medicine in the State of California per Judge Pastor.

I have not monitored the State of Nevada regarding his medical license status.

Dr. Murray has been under the radar of the State of Texas Medical Board for some time and I do continue to check it on a regular basis.

My prediction:

Judge Pastor will sentence him to 4 years in prison but he will probably have to serve it in county jail because CA has some critical overcrowding prison issues at this time.

I also think Judge Pastor will order him to pay the children of Michael Jackson some compensation for the loss of their dad.

We shall see . . . . . tomorrow!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:37 am

OTRC is set up and ready to start streaming the sentencing live:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/livevideo?id=8361777
OnTheRedCarpet

Conrad Murray sentencing - LIVE STREAM (Doctor was convicted of involuntary manslaughter over death of Michael Jackson)
______

CNN.com Live will also be streaming live. You need Flash to watch CNN Live.:

http://live.cnn.com/
CNN.comLive

11:30 AM EST (8:30 AM PST)

Conrad Murray sentencing

Dr. Conrad Murray will be sentenced on involuntary manslaughter charges related to the death of singer Michael Jackson.

*CNN is not yet able to confirm the exact start time of this event
~~~~~~~

FOX-LA (Los Angeles, Ca) will also stream live. You can google it. Don't have time to post the Link.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by ukgirl Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 am

Ann lol i watched the trail on sky news but mum and i was getting irritated by the fact that sky news kept going to breaks every 10 mins, and we were missing some grrr, so i found a live streaming online, on my lap top, each time sky went to break we would run to the kitchen, to watch the live streaming, then when sky came back on we ran back to the TV room, which has a large screen. We were back and forth all night lol

I too thought the forensics testimony was really interesting and educational. Just checked sky news and they are covering the sentencing from 4.30, but ive got my lap at hand! I think Dr Murray will get 4 years..

Thank you very much for the links you have shared Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 3 803492
ukgirl
ukgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 pm

ukgirl, click on OTRC. They have great coverage and discussion of today's sentencing.

Showing scene outside.

Waiting to interview the Defense team. Prosecution might do an interview also.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/livevideo?id=8361777
OnTheRedCarpet - Live streaming
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Judge Michael Pastor was awesome!

He sentenced Conrad Murray to the maximum sentence of 4 years. Because of CA's prison issues and recent changes in criteria for prison, CM is remanded to the Los Angeles County Jail. He will serve his sentence in the County Jail.

Regarding restitution to the children of MJ, etc., there is a Restitution Hearing scheduled for Monday, January 23, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. PST.

Judge Pastor gave CM the opportunity to waive his appearance at the Restitution Hearing and any related hearings.

Murray waived his right to appear in court on 1-23-12!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by ukgirl Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Aww Ann thank you for the link but i missed it, i was too late, sadly.

Agree, Judge pastor was really awesome! and not forgetting the jury, prosecutors & Dr shafer during the trial...
ukgirl
ukgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 am

November 29, 2011 2:46 PM

Official: Conrad Murray will only serve 2 years of 4-year sentence

By Casey Glynn

(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Sheriff's officials in L.A. County say Conrad Murray will serve about two years of his four-year sentence, The Los Angeles Times reports.

Although officers are still trying to determine the details of Murray's incarceration, under California state law nonviolent felons serve only 50 percent of their sentences due to over-crowding, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told The Times.

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57333114-504083/official-conrad-murray-will-only-serve-2-years-of-4-year-sentence/?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Conrad Murray: I'm broke and need a court-appointed attorney

December 14, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Surrounded by a team of lawyers and experts during his closely watched trial, Michael Jackson’s former doctor is on his own for his appeal.

Dr. Conrad Murray filed papers this week in Los Angeles County Superior Court saying he is broke and needs the government to pay for a lawyer to handle the appeal of his involuntary manslaughter conviction.

“The defendant is indigent and respectfully requests the appointment of counsel on appeal,” Murray wrote in a filing Tuesday, listing his address as Men’s Central Jail.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/conrad-murray-im-broke-and-need-a-court-appointed-attorney-.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Prosecutors Oppose Conrad Murray's Bail Bid

1:21 PM, Feb 22, 2012

LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson's doctor was properly sentenced to four years behind bars in the star's death and should not be released on bail, prosecutors argued Tuesday in a response to his bid for release while his case is appealed.

Conrad Murray would be a danger to the community and a flight risk if he was released on bail or on his own recognizance with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet, Deputy District Attorneys David Walgren and Deborah Brazil said.

Read more: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/243145/19/Prosecutors-Oppose-Conrad-Murrays-Bail-Bid
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next