Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

+15
Estee
Ann - Tx
LottieM
Plaidchick
sitemama
Julie
Piper
randilynn
mimi4all
Snaz
babbette
FystyAngel
ignertbliss
Booklover
Justice4all
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 pm

WESH is live streaming the trial.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Court is back in session after the lunch recess.

I just finished setting up the live stream and chat page a little while ago. Please be respectful to other members and stay on topic when court is in session.

http://www.realitychatter.com/h8-dr-conrad-murray-trial-live-chat

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Michael Jackson's Slurred Speech Heard in Court

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Conrad Murray Trial Under Way

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Conrad Murray Trial Opens With Disturbing Photos and Recordings

The trial is expected to take 5 weeks.

KTLA News
3:25 p.m. PDT, September 27, 2011

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Two years after the death of Michael Jackson opening statements got underway in the manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray.

Murray is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of propofol mixed with other sedatives, leading to the pop star's death.

Tuesday, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told jurors that the pop star "literally put his life in the hands of Dr. Conrad Murray."

"That misplaced trust in the hands of Conrad Murray cost Michael Jackson his life," Walgren added.

Read more: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-michael-jackson-doctor-conrad-murray-trial,0,6140133.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 am

Michael Jackson's Children Watched Conrad Murray Try to Revive Him

By JIM AVILA,KAITLYN FOLMER , BRYAN LAVIETES and JESSICA HOPPER
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 28, 2011

Michael Jackson's children cried as they watched Dr. Conrad Murray attempt to revive the king of pop's lifeless body in the bedroom of Jackson's rented mansion, the head of Jackson's security team testified today at Murray's manslaughter trial.

Faheem Muhammad described to jurors the chain of events on the day Jackson died from a drug overdose, June 25, 2009.

Muhammad said that when he reached the Jackson home, he found a sweaty Murray in Jackson's bedroom hovering over Jackson, who was lying on the floor.

"He appeared to be administering CPR. He appeared very nervous," Muhammad said.

Jackson's "eyes were open and his mouth was slightly open," Muhammad said, adding that he appeared to be dead.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/Conrad_Murray_Trial/michael-jackson-trial-kids-prince-paris-cried-conrad/story?id=14623265
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:02 pm

I caught some of the trial so far and while I knew it was going to be a circus, it never dawned on me the Prosecution would be clowns.

Today the female prosecutor was in direct with MJ's private chef....and apparently didn't see anything wrong with her line of questioning where the chef hears Dr CM holler to her to GET HELP, GET SECURITY, GET PRINCE....in a panic....and she doesn't get curious about what is going on? She just assumes something is wrong with MJ so she tells Prince he should go see his daddy? All the while she's still fixing MJ's lunch for him to eat in less than a half hour?

Is the whole house on Valium?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Michael Jackson's Doctor on Trial: Experts Testify

Murray Defense Changes Strategy

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Conrad Murray Defense Drops 'Ingested Propofol' Theory

KTLA News
10:40 a.m. PDT, October 13, 2011

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KTLA) -- An expert reviewer from the Medical Board of California resumed his testimony Thursday, after telling jurors that Dr. Conrad Murray's care of Michael Jackson leading up to his death was so inadequate that it violated the Hippocratic oath, an ethical promise doctors make to do no harm.

Dr. Nader Kamangar, a physician specializing in pulmonary critical care and sleep medicine, said in a report for the medical board that Murray's care included several extreme mistakes. His testimony Wednesday echoed that of another doctor -- a cardiologist -- who took the stand earlier in the day.

Read more: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-conrad-murray-trial-day-12,0,294680.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Murray could have saved Jackson: Cardiologist

Watch CBS News Videos Online
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Justice, I have been watching (listening when I can't watch) the Dr. Conrad Murray trial, reading transcripts, etc.

What an interesting trial! I was particularly interested in the forensics in this case. The expert witnesses for the prosecution did an exceptional job in their testimony.

Dr. Steinberg testified yesterday and he hit the ball out of the park! Michael Flanagan, one of Conrad Murray's defense attorneys, questioned Dr. Steinberg. As much as he tried to twist things and imply Dr. Klein, Flanagan could not get Dr. Steinberg to deviate from his earlier testimony when questioned by David Walgren, Prosecutor.

For a while, I thought Flanagan was trying to reinforce the Prosecution's case with his line of questioning of Dr. Steinberg.

After Steinberg's testimony, the Defense made a decision to not pursue the theory that Michael Jackson self administered, i.e., inject or swallow, Propofol.

Dr. Steinberg indicated six (6) deviations from the Standard of Care by Dr. Murray based on Murray's statements to Law Enforcement.

As a result of this witness and other expert witnesses, there is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Murray is incompetent and deserves to lose his Medical License. I hope he is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum which is 4 years.

Under no circumstances is Propofol ever administered in a home setting per expert witnesses.

If Dr. Murray would have called 911 immediately instead of calling Michael Jackson's personal assistant, who was 45 minutes away, and then going downstairs to the kitchen area and asking Jackson's personal chef, Kai Chase, to get security and get Prince, there is a high probability Jackson could have been saved (per expert witnesses). In the police tape, Dr. Murray stated Jackson had a pulse. It would have taken EMS 4 minutes to get to Jackson's home. It was apparent Jackson was dead when EMS arrived. Besides their efforts to resuscitate Jackson, UCLA Reagan Hospital doctor (EMS was in communication which is standard in a situation like this) eventually asked them to cease efforts based on info they were providing.

Dr. Murray insisted Jackson be taken to the ER. Jackson was transported and efforts were made to resuscitate to no avail. Jackson was officially pronounced dead in the trauma unit of the ER.

Also, when administering Propofol, the patient is not ever left unattended. In the police interview tape, Murray said he left Jackson for 2 minutes to go to the rest room. However, in earlier testimony, cell phone records indicated he was on the phone with two of his girlfriends and with an insurance company re the status of Jackson's health. Murray stated, via text, that Jackson had no health problems and was healthy!

I guess the lure of $150,000 per month to treat Michael Jackson with Propofol, in a home setting, without the proper equipment or assistance clearly clouded Murray's judgment.

The reports and findings by Dr. Steinberg and other medical experts who testified are based on the information that Dr. Murray provided to Law Enforcement in an interview. Edward Chernoff, another of Murray's defense attorneys, was present during that 2 hour interview.

Murray's own words will convict him as this tape was played for the jury a few days ago.

Judge Pastor recessed trial until Monday, October 17, 2011, at 8:45 a.m. PDT due to witness scheduling.

Anesthesiologist Dr. Steven Shafer, who is also a pharmacologist, will resume his testimony on Monday. Dr. Shafer wrote the standard and dosage for the use of Propofol. It can not get any more expert than that!

I have found the testimony of the expert witnesses to be most educational.

It is expected the State (Prosecution) will rest their case after Dr. Shafer concludes his testimony. Then the Defense will put on their case and of course the State (Prosecution) will put on their rebuttal case.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Shades of Anna Nicole Smith...$$$ is the root of all evil and Dr. Jackson fell victim to that...What eva happened to Anna's doctors and Howard "what's his face"? (who in my opinion are just as guilty as Dr. CM)..Had MJ survived I doubt if he would have lasted much longer...Truly he was a great talent that dwindled away to a walking skeleton...Who knows what kept him alive and trying to top his past performances...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Here is a tweet from InSession (CNN):

InSession Did you miss something in the Dr. #ConradMurray trial? Don't worry! Catch up by exploring our blog here: http://t.co/5B6MgdvJ
about 1 hour ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm

It appears the Dr. Conrad Murray trial will resume on Tuesday, October 18, 2011.

This article also indicates the "tight ship" Judge Michael Pastor runs in his Court Room. He fined Prosecutors David Walgren and Deborah Brazil for being a few minutes late for a Hearing today.

If you are watching the Murray trial, it is clearly evident that Judge Pastor has control of his Court Room.

Per the Defense attorneys, they think they can rest their case by next Friday, October 21, 2011.

When the trial resumes, I am looking forward to the testimony of Dr. Steven Shafer. It appears he is the last witness for the State. He is expected to be on the witness stand for a day and will testify how the surgical anesthetic, Propofol, is metabolized in the human body. This should be very interesting testimony and educational!

Informative article!

Conrad Murray trial may be delayed due to death in witness's family

By Alan Duke, CNN

Updated 6:05 PM EST, Fri October 14, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- The trial of Michael Jackson's doctor may not resume until Tuesday because the father of the prosecution's last witness died, it was revealed at a hearing Friday.

Testimony in Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial was recessed Thursday afternoon so anesthesiology expert Dr. Steven Shafer could attend a medical conference in Chicago, but Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said Friday that Shafer never made it there because of the death in his family.

Snipped:

Shafer, who is expected to give a detailed scientific explanation of how the surgical anesthetic propofol is metabolized in the human body, will be on the witness stand for at least a day once he returns from his father's funeral, according to Walgren.

The defense presentation would follow, lasting until next Friday or the following Monday, according to defense lawyer Nareg Gourjian.

Along with two or three medical experts, the defense has lined up about a dozen patients of Murray to testify about how he's helped them.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Ann, I haven't had much chance to watch the trial, but I've tried to keep up and it looks the trial has confirmed some of my original thoughts about this case. Dr. Murray was extremely negligent in administering the Propofol outside of a hospital and leaving Michael unattended, but I had either forgotten or didn't realize he took so long to call 911. Either one of those things should be enough to convict him of manslaughter, so I think it's highly likely that we will see a guilty verdict in this case.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes, Justice, I think we will see a guilty verdict in this trial.

The State Prosecutors, David Walgren and Deborah Brazil, have done an exceptional job in presenting their case.

In my opinion, the Defense has no defense for Conrad Murray other than try to create reasonable doubt or point the finger at others.

For your info, a guy has uploaded videos of the trial testimony up until yesterday. Until some problems are worked out, it is my understanding, he won't be uploading to his YouTube site.

However, he indicated in a video that he would continue to record the trial. I expect at a later date he will probably upload the remainder of the trial testimony.

You can view videos of trial testimony up to 10-13-11.

To see previous videos, please click on "More" when you reach the end of the videos he has listed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gurgle1624
YouTube gurgle1624's Channel
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Propofol: Is it 'dangerous'?

The medical profession approves its use but says it 'should never be used outside of a controlled and monitored medical setting.'

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 65421751
Dr. Conrad Murray is charged in the death of singer Michael Jackson, who died of an overdose of prescription drugs, including propofol and lorazepam, in June 2009.
(Robyn Beck / Pool/Getty Images)

October 15, 2011

Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles, CA

In coverage of the first week of the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, Times articles consistently described propofol as a "dangerous" anesthetic.

Jackson died in June 2009 from the effects of propofol, which Murray says he gave the singer nightly over two months to get him to sleep. The doctor is accused of involuntary manslaughter.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-le-postscript-propofol-michael-jackson-20111015,0,7476858.story?track=rss

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:13 pm

October 15, 2011 12:31 PM

Conrad Murray team's "impossible" task?

CBS News - The Early Show

(CBS News) The involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, enters its third week Monday.

The prosecution is expected to wrap up their case early in the week - then it will be the defense's turn.

Snipped:

Murray's team is expected to focus on the two minutes Murray says he left Jackson alone.

"Their argument," Copeland says, "will be that Michael Jackson woke up, he was desperate for sleep, he gave himself an additional dose of Propofol, he took eight tablets of Lorazepam, another strong sedative, and in that moment, it created the perfect storm, a cocktail, a fatality, and that he died instantly and rapidly, so quickly, that he didn't even have time to close his eyes."

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/15/earlyshow/saturday/main20120911.shtml

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:04 pm

This article is dated 10-14-11. Since this article was published, the trial is set to resume on
Tuesday, 10-18-11, at 8:45 a.m. PDT. The info about the trial was correct at publishing date but has since changed.
~~~~~~~

October 14, 2011

Dueling experts are also BFF

Posted: 06:06 AM ET
CNN - HLN/InSession

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Battle-of-experts

In one corner for the prosecution, sits Dr. Steven Shafer, world renowned anesthesiologist and pharmacologist.

In the other, for the defense sits... well, another world renowned anesthesiologist and pharmacologist, Dr. Paul White.

The duo will be duking it out in court next week over what really happened to Michael Jackson. Though they're usually accustomed to crossing paths in a much different and friendlier manner.

Read more:

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/14/dueling-experts-are-also-bff/

Note: In the above pictures, Dr. Paul White is to the left and Dr. Steven Shafer is to the right.

When court was recessed on Thursday, 10-13-11, Dr. Shafer was being questioned by David Walgren, Prosecutor. When trial resumes on Tuesday, 10-18-11, Dr. Shafer will resume his testimony.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 am

Per this article from CNN, based on a fax they received on Sunday, 10-16-11, the Conrad Murray trial might not resume on Tuesday as reported earlier.

I guess this will be a wait, see and monitor the news to determine when the trial resumes.
~~~~~~~~

Death delays trial of Michael Jackson's doctor

By Alan Duke, CNN

Updated 12:21 AM EST, Mon October 17, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Testimony in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor has been put on hold beyond Monday, and possibly longer, because the father of the prosecution's last witness died.

"Resumption of the trial will be announced when further information is available," an email from the court said Sunday.

Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial is expected to go to the jury early next week despite the delay, several days sooner than estimated when it began three weeks ago.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/17/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 am

RE: Resumption of Dr. Conrad Murray trial

tweets from InSession (CNN)

InSession Get ready testimony in the Dr. #ConradMurray resumes tomorrow morning! Read all about what to expect here: http://t.co/I0TUdLwl
5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

InSession The trial of Dr. #ConradMurray will resume tomorrow at 11:45ET/8:45PT tune into @InSession and @HLNTV for live coverage!
6 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:21 am

Conrad Murray trial: Defense given more time to prepare

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

by Miriam Hernandez
KABC - Los Angeles, CA

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The trial of Conrad Murray resumes on Wednesday with the final witness for the prosecution, an expert on propofol. But jurors will have another break when he is done testifying because the court is giving the defense more time to prepare.

For 12 days, jurors have heard the prosecution's case against Michael Jackson's doctor and allegations that Murray committed acts of criminal negligence that led to the singer's death.

Read more and view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8396912
________

My attempt to embed the video in this article failed! Justice, if you see this, perhaps you can try if you have time. Thanks!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 am

October 18, 2011

Get ready: Testimony will resume Wednesday

Posted: 06:07 PM ET

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Defense-table-final

Dr. Conrad Murray's trial will resume tomorrow morning at 11:45AM ET/8:45AM PT with the testimony of anesthesiologist Dr. Steven Shafer, the state's final witness. The defense case will begin on Friday.

During a hearing held Tuesday afternoon, the defense asked for more time to review a new toxicology report. Defense Attorney Ed Chernoff said they had come across some unresolved questions in their study of the report, which may require time for them to prepare after the state rests its case in chief following Dr. Shafer's testimony.

Read more:

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/18/get-ready-testimony-will-resume-tomorrow/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

By ABC News

Oct 20, 2011 6:58pm

Conrad Murray Trial: Propofol Not Fatal When Taken Orally, Expert Says

ABC News’ Jim Avila and Bryan Lavietes report:

An expert on the anesthetic that killed Michael Jackson testified today that ingesting propofol orally is not fatal.

The prosecution’s final witness, Dr. Steven Shafer from Columbia University, testified that he personally conducted a clinical study that demonstrated that propofol is not absorbed through the stomach and that it is ineffective as an anesthetic when taken orally.

Shafer said it is not fatal when ingested through the mouth as the liver and stomach lining filters the potency from the drug.

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/10/conrad-murray-trial-propofol-not-fatal-when-taken-orally-expert-says/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Julie said:

The prosecution’s final witness, Dr. Steven Shafer from Columbia University, testified that he personally conducted a clinical study that demonstrated that propofol is not absorbed through the stomach and that it is ineffective as an anesthetic when taken orally.

So, if you don't want to be put to sleep, why would you take it?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 am

Propofol expert on Murray's defense team is replaced

By Alan Duke, CNN
October 21, 2011 -- Updated 0844 GMT (1644 HKT)

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Cross-examination of the prosecution's anesthesiology expert is crucial for Dr. Conrad Murray, but his defense team's most knowledgeable lawyer when it comes to propofol will sit on the sideline Friday.

Michael Flanagan, who has handled the previous medical experts, has been replaced by lead defense lawyer Ed Chernoff for the questioning of Dr. Steven Shafer, Chernoff told the judge in Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Thursday. The defense did not cite a reason.

Murray appeared visibly shaken by Shafer's testimony Thursday, especially when the prosecution's expert demonstrated to jurors how he believes Murray set up an IV drip to give singer Michael Jackson the drugs that killed him.

Read more:
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/21/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 am

I swore I was not going to get caught up with this trial, but alas...I sort of have...reason being because Jackson was one of those hard-headed manipulative prescription drug abusers and Murray was one of many doctors who supplied him for whatever reason doctors do that dumb crap...and I might catch some Jackson Fan flack for this, but here's the thing I feel....

Michael Jackson had a way of making people around him tow the line the way he wanted it towed...MJ was weird! There's no denying it! And he was strict with his staff and kept them cubby-holed....and he did what he wanted to do and he got his way all the time. Nobody controlled Michael! He has fired many of those who tried to help him 'the right way' so he could keep on doing things his own way. He even unfriended Depak Copra when he wouldn't give him drugs like a good friend should....in fact, wrote him off as if he never knew him in the first place.

How does this play with his death? Well, IMO Dr Murray did not cause Micheal's death....I believe Micheal was ticked off with Murray because he would not give him propofol enough to knock him out....so he faked sleep until Murray left the room and drugged himself up like the spoiled brat he was, and died. How? ....

Yesterday at trial Dr Shafer showed how the bag with the propofol bottle in it could have been used to deliver too much propofol to Micheal...there was only a clamp on the line to regulate how much propofol dripped into Micheal....so IMO if that was set up that way, Micheal simply opened the clamp(that was closed when Murray left the room) and the propofol flowed too fast, knocked him out quickly and then the rest of it flowed on in after he was already dead. Murray would never have given that much propofol at one time...no way ever...there was not even any need to. So MJ did it and fell asleep before he could close the clamp back down. Shafer showed how it took less than a minute for 100ml to flow empty this way. So this all could have happened while Murray was taking a pee.

Now Murray goes in there and sees a problem....two things are foremost on his mind...1. trying to resuscitate Micheal while not knowing the extent of what MJ had done yet, and 2. worrying that if he was able to then Micheal would be pissed off if he involved outsiders and caused an 'unnecessary' negative attention to him right before the tour...and as Murray would not take the fall for giving MJ that much propofol, the public would find out MJ was dosing himself and not on game without drugs. MJ would fire Murray for calling for help IF he had lived....and then MJ would have made one of his speeches about how awful Murray was to try to say he gave himself propofol.

OK so did Murray then not get someone to call 911 right away because he didn't want to get fired? Yep, in a way, but not for the money...I think Murray really liked MJ and wanted to get him off drugs. I think he wanted to save MJ from drug dependence and wanted to stay around and see that through so he didn't want to be fired and was hoping he could revive him...but nobody could have saved MJ from his drug dependence...he was determined to have his 'milk' as he had long ago found it to be the 'only thing that worked'....and Murray also didn't want MJ to get negative publicity for nothing in case he was able to revive him....but when he saw it was not possible to do this himself he did get the call made....

Now onto this....why did Murray get someone else to call? Because that was MJ's rules! And in case MJ lived, Murray had to follow those rules or else get fired and maybe sued...who knows what confidentiality agreement he signed with MJ...but you know there was one, no doubt. Additionally and more importantly, there were no land lines in the house from which 911 could know where to come to, and Murray did not know the address! For him to personally call 911 was worthless in getting anyone there...and in the mean time he would be away from trying to save Micheal...Murray HAD to find someone else to call 911 who knew where to tell them to come to!

IMO Murray's biggest mistake was in caring about Micheal emotionally. But he is only one of many who have enabled Micheal to his downfall because they liked him.

I think that display Shafer put on yesterday will work toward the defense theory...I hope it causes enough reasonable doubt that Murray goes free of criminal charges...but I do also believe he should be penalized professionally for falling into the MJ mind-warp trap and allowing himself to use propofol at all outside a proper facility.

One more thing....it aggravates me to no end when the pundits and the prosecution harp on how Murray was wrong to give CPR to Micheal on the bed...I have never heard of a patient in a hospital being thrown on the floor for CPR....it is done on the bed....even some of the videos the prosecution has shown have demonstrations of how to give CPR and it is being performed ON a BED! The prosecution is contradicting their own case!

I don't believe the state really wanted to charge Murray with a criminal act....I don't think they ever thought they could win this, and I don't think they will...why did they charge Murray then? IMO....Jackson family pressure! The Jackson family did not want to leave this alone perchance Micheal himself would be blamed...so they initiated pressing charges, and as the state could not deny them, this went to trial for the simple reason that no one really knows what happened that killed Micheal so the state had no choice but to acquiesce to the Jackson family demands.

Did I say I swore to myself I would not get involved with this trial? Laughing

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 am

I have to add one more thing....I have personal experience with stopping breathing due to medication...

It was when I was giving birth to my daughter via C-section...I was awake and given an epidural...but I was additionally give pain meds by IV because I could not take enough epidural to fully dull the pain as was found out when I had my first child.

I stopped breathing twice!

I was laying there unable to say a word, no diaphragm action, no message from my brain to breathe but just the recognition that I was not and needed to...it was very scary but I was in a hospital and the anesthesiologist was on it pronto and pushed an antidote into the IV...It took about 20 or 30 seconds before I started breathing again, the whole time the anesthesiologist is saying to me "I've got this, hold on, it's ok" etc....then the second time it was like only about 10 seconds of not being able to breathe as they regulated how much pain med versus antidote so I didn't feel pain from being slit open!

If MJ did take a handful of Lidocaine pills....well, that might have caused him to stop breathing due to pain med overdose....just like happened to me.

PS...at first the hospital tried to tell me the reason I stopped breathing was due to my nerves and being stressed over the C-section....and this scared me to think that any time I might get stressed I could stop breathing and not being in a hospital just die! When I told them this fear, they went ahead and told me the whole story of what happened.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Conrad Murray Defense Team to Finally Question Expert Who Claims Doctor Is Responsible for Michael Jackson's Death

Published October 21, 2011

| Associated Press

For several moments, the milky white substance that authorities say killed Michael Jackson dripped down into an IV line a few feet away from jurors.

Sometimes the drops fell fast, until their rate was slowed by the Columbia University researcher and professor who for three days has testified about the drug and its effects on the King of Pop as he died. The demonstration, with the anesthetic propofol dripping harmlessly into a water bottle, was one of the final scenes prosecutors presented Thursday to jurors hearing the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/10/21/conrad-murray-defense-team-to-finally-question-expert-who-claims-doctor-is/#ixzz1bRRDEa9d
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 am

It's kind of weird the judge let Shafer give such a detailed demonstration of something theory he made up about what happened....but I thought the defense tore that up good today.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:15 am

Conrad Murray's words may seal his fate
Whether he lied or told police the truth, Michael Jackson's physician is guilty, prosecutors say.

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 65579543
Dr. Conrad Murray, with defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan, left, listens in court Friday.
Legal experts said the prosecution’s case has left the defense with a big damage-control job.
(Reed Saxon / Pool photo / October 21, 2011)

By Harriet Ryan and Victoria Kim, Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles, CA

October 22, 2011

The prosecution's case against Michael Jackson's personal physician might be summarized this way: He lied about everything, but even if he told the truth, he's still guilty.

During a four-week case that rounded toward a conclusion Friday, prosecutors suggested that Dr. Conrad Murray's own words created a Catch-22 in which conviction was the only outcome possible. His statement to police, if taken by jurors at face value, contained enough admissions of gross negligence to amount to a manslaughter confession, prosecutors said.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1022-conrad-murray-20111022,0,7127288.story
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Conrad Murray trial expert called a 'scumbag' by witness & former colleague during testimony: report

BY Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
NY Daily News - New York

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 4:00 AM

LOS ANGELES - The trial of Michael Jackson's personal doctor took a bizarre turn Friday with an accusation that a key defense witness mumbled "scumbag" as his former colleague testified.

The judge set a Nov. 16 hearing to consider whether Dr. Paul White should be found in contempt of court for allegedly making the snide aside to a reporter for E! Entertainment Television on Thursday.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/10/22/2011-10-22_conrad_murray_trial_expert_called_a_scumbag_by_witness__former_colleague_during_.html

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Alg_paul-white-murray-trial
Dr. Paul White is accused of mumbling a snide remark while his former colleague, Dr. Steven Shafer (below), testified on Friday. Photo courtesy: Reed Saxon/Pool

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 Amd_steve-shafer-cross-examined
Dr. Steven Shafer
Photo courtesy: Reed Saxon/Pool
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:24 pm

And here we are all in a dither over this case while the codependents in the Anna Nicole Smith case still walk the streets...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:24 pm

I am multi-tasking in a big way today. However, I have amplified speakers plugged into my computer and the TV on and have been able to move around and still listen to the trial; watch ever so often.

The State has rested its case. The Defense tried to rattle Dr. Shafer and failed. After they tried to confuse the jury (and at times, I think they confused themselves), David Walgren poses additional questions to Dr. Shafer and cleared the waters!

Judge Pastor had to rein in Ed Chernoff several times during his questioning of Dr. Shafer. It appeared Judge Pastor was becoming irritated with Chernoff.

Prior to lunch, the Defense called two witnesses. Brief testimony. State did not cross examine. Witness 1 established time of 911 call (12:20); Witness 2 investigated video surveillance.

Trial will resume at 1:30 PDT.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Conrad Murray defense: D.A. drug expert’s theory ‘out of thin air’

October 24, 2011 | 12:32 pm PDT

Michael Jackson Found Deceased 6/25/09 -- Dr. Conrad Murray Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter - Page 2 6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fbe2d4b8970d-640wi
Dr. Steven Shafer

Prosecutors wrapped up their case in the manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s personal physician Monday with the testimony of a prominent anesthesiologist who said Dr. Conrad Murray’s account of what happened in the singer’s house was not supported by scientific evidence.

In his fifth day on the stand, Dr. Steven Shafer was grilled by a defense attorney on his earlier testimony on how much of the anesthetic propofol Murray could have given Jackson, and by what method.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/conrad-murray-defense-da-drug-experts-theory-out-of-thin-air.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Conrad Murray trial: Defense to begin its case

October 24, 2011 | 7:57 am PDT

Dr. Conrad Murray's attorneys are expected to begin their case Monday, a task legal experts say will be a big damage-control job if they hope to keep Michael Jackson's physician from being convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

The prosecution's four-week case will wrap up after cross-examination and redirect of key medical witness Dr. Steven Shafer. Shafer has repeatedly attacked Murray's account of how Jackson died. The propofol expert testified that almost nothing about the quantity of drugs Murray said he administered matched up with what was later found in Jackson's blood.

He also maintained that Murray was at fault for abandoning his patient -- and for failing to say no to Jackson's demands.

Read more:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/conrad-murray-trial-defense-to-begin-its-case.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Our friend Baez is on Jane VMitchell tonight..supposedly giving his 2 cents on this case. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Boy, JVM seems to be Jose's biggest supporter. She sure is praising him for the fabulous job she did for KC. She makes me as sick as Bozo does.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm

OMG, JVM is really stupid. She told Bozo she had to ask him a 'yes and no' question: "Do you know where KC is?" He responded with, "Yes I know." JVM repeated his answer as "Yes and no".

She didn't even understand what he had said.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

I don't like JMV. I don't like Vinnie P. I don't like NG. I don't like Pierce what's his last name. I don't like Jean Casaraz nor Dr Drew and certainly not Geraldo R.

Who do you all like punditting this case?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 am

Just like Bill Shaffer(sp?) said, NG and JVM are entertainment shows...Heaven only knows the laughs we have got from them...I no longer watch them...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Estee wrote:Just like Bill Shaffer(sp?) said, NG and JVM are entertainment shows...Heaven only knows the laughs we have got from them...I no longer watch them...

ITA with you Estee. I don't watch the NG show either, but I'm still laughing at her as she tries to dance on DWTS. Pitiful!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:28 am

Today a few character witnesses testified for the Defense. The trial recessed for the day before lunch due to scheduling issues with a Defense witness. Trial will resume Thursday, 10-27-11, at 9 a.m. PDT.

I have to be out of town most of the day tomorrow so I have my recorder set to record InSession and HLN who are both streaming the trial live.

I am really looking forward to the testimony of Dr. Paul White. It will be very interesting to hear his testimony on behalf of Dr. Murray but especially his testimony on Propofol.

Needless to say, David Walgren, the Prosecutor who questioned the character witnesses on cross, scored big for the Prosecution!

Based on the questions Ed Chernoff, Defense Attorney, asked his witnesses, I felt it would have been more appropriate for these witnesses to testify in the Penalty Phase of the trial if Murray is found guilty.

The Defense might rest their case on Friday. I assume the Prosecution will put on a Rebuttal.

Perhaps one day next week, Judge Pastor will hand down the case to the jury for deliberations.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:35 am

5 patients praise Michael Jackson's doctor

The witnesses from his Houston clinic and Las Vegas practice describe Dr. Conrad Murray as competent, thorough and caring. They say he would provide free care or help get medications for patients who couldn't pay.

By Victoria Kim and Harriet Ryan, Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles, CA

October 27, 2011

The 82-year-old woman walked with a cane and had to be helped into the witness box, but once there, she was forceful in her defense of the doctor accused in Michael Jackson's death.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-conrad-murray-20111027,0,4044841.story
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:05 pm

He might be a very good doctor, but MJ's bedroom is not a pharmacy, yet the open access drugs in his room is nuts.

I realize not all of the drugs were via Murray...but if I were a doctor I would not have helped MJ one tiny bit so long as he had available drugs via some other doctor...and I would have made sure MJ did not have access to any drugs I didn't personally put in his mouth or vein...or up his butt in the case of propofol suppository.

It's not like it was a secret MJ was on tons of prescription meds...and it's not like it was a secret he was still complaining about pain from the Pepsi shoot burn and claiming he needed pain meds for that. He was an addict, plain and simple and he fired anyone who would not supply him....

Did Murray not give a shit and just wanted the money so he supplied MJ what he wanted? I don't think so...I think Murray really thought he could save MJ and wean him off his various addictions...and MJ wasn't having any of it and dosed himself when Murray left the room.

Well, we should see how this comes out soon! Last witness for defense is on the stand now.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm with you Lottie...From the witnesses that the defense put up, Dr. Murry WAS a caring individual...MJ was obviously an addict and thought he could go on foreva and just like Amy Winehouse and the rest of the uhfortunate addicts/alcoholics he overdid it...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:31 pm

You know, Estee...tonight the pundits were all "Murray should have admitted MJ to a hospital for detox when he saw how many drug prescriptions he had by other doctors"...and my eyes bug out as I go..."Dr Murray, nor anyone else- save a judge- could ORDER MJ into a hospital for detox! MJ is over 18!"

And just what do the pundits think MJ was going to say about that idea? He had How Many Tickets sold to that concert tour? I don't think MJ was in any mood to NOT do his shows. Going in for detox was not an option for MJ.

Actually, if you recall, MJ only signed up for a few shows (was it one? or two? I forget)...but they sold those tickets so fast the promotion company decided to sell more and more and more and MJ even said he didn't think he could do that many....the production company did not care, and in true MJ fashion he did not want to let his fans down so he agreed to do them all.

AND, that AIG guy testified that they had sat MJ down just a couple days before he died and complained that MJ was not 'focusing'...MJ swore he'd do it! He'd be ready! (bet that reminded him of his dad and getting beaten) Funny that Dr Murray had not been giving MJ propofol at that time and was weaning him off drugs...and I'd bet MJ was fine with it, until AIG bitched at him and made him afraid...this stress no doubt caused MJ to fear being unable to sleep even more...I think he was desperate to please! They want to talk about a cocktail/perfect storm, I think that's it....pressure to be vibrant all the time by AIG.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Last defense witness called in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor
By Alan Duke, CNN

updated 8:31 PM EST, Thu October 27, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Round two of the battle of the propofol experts started Thursday afternoon in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor as the defense anesthesiology expert began his testimony.

When Dr. Paul White continues his testimony Friday, and he is expected to counter the conclusions of prosecution anesthesiologist Dr. Steven Shafer, whose earlier testimony spanned more than a week of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.

Read more and view additional videos to left of article:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/27/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/?hpt=ju_c1
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:56 pm

The Los Angeles Times has their morning article posted for 10-28-11.
~~~~~~~~

Witness says Jackson doctor's actions can't be justified

The defense questioning of its expert, a propofol researcher, suggests lawyers will concede that Dr. Conrad Murray's care was substandard but argue that it did not constitute involuntary manslaughter.

By Harriet Ryan and Victoria Kim, Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles, CA

October 28, 2011

The star medical expert for Michael Jackson's physician began his testimony Thursday with the acknowledgment that not even he could explain the doctor's treatment of the pop star.

"Let's deal with the elephant in the room here," a defense attorney said to Dr. Paul White, the most important and probably final witness for the physician. "Conrad Murray has been accused of infusing a dose of propofol and leaving his patient. Can you justify that?"

"Absolutely not," White replied.

The exchange was a strong indication the defense planned to concede that Murray provided substandard care to Jackson but argue that his conduct did not rise to the level of involuntary manslaughter.

Read more:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-conrad-murray-20111028,0,4110378.story
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next