Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

+11
Maat
Justice4all
*KJ*
khintx
FystyAngel
JAG
Piper
sitemama
LottieM
Snaz
Calypso
15 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 pm

LottieM wrote:Hi KJ, and Welcome to the Fair And Balanced RC!

ETA....and maybe Kaine is feeling guilty about impressing on Kyron to need to listen to 'adults' at school....and would rather blame Terri than think Kyron might have listened to the wrong 'adult'.

I think this is absolutely likely!

I myself have struggled greatly with this EXACT same issue. BTW - my guy is 7yo also! Anyway...He is MUCH more adventurous than Kyron seems to be, so I have to choose my words VERY carefully. My guy is also extremely literal. I know I can't tell him to plain old follow directions of adults, because he will! I also know I can't give a blanket...'at school...' because even outside a situation like an event open to the public AT SCHOOL...I don't necessarily want him blindly following the directions of the adults there either...so I've had a hard time, and havent' quite gotten there either...

School would like me to just order him to follow directions like a good little soldier, but I'm not going to do it...they don't like that...but tough crap! I try very hard to give my son the internal questions to assess it for him self..and I don't really give a rats-ass if they don't want to deal with him not cooperating with a sub, or a new therapist, or anything else...until he is comfortable with a new person, they are going to have to deal with his ANXIETY about that - persiod! I'd rather have him say to an adult he trusts - "I'm not comfortable going with this person I don't know", and put up a huge fuss about it, then for him to swallow this internal warning system (that seems to be stuck on high alert)...it makes more sense to me that he learn to trust & work with it, than to ignore it.

Ok, huge tangent, but as you can tell I've already given that very idea some thought...YES, I'm sure that Kaine is bothered by this now, and I'm sure his potential denial of the situation is now kicking him in the butt...I feel badly...it's not at all easy hearing of dealing with the potential 'imperfections' of your child...it's really hard...kinda lucky for us, mine was born this way, and we are actually getting better...and so was not shocked with some news from a teacher, ya know.

This is all a HUGE assumption on my part, but I do think this makes all the pieces fall into place.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:17 pm

KJ, Good for you sticking to your guns! It's so great to hear parents know their kids well enough to be able to adjust the 'blanket ideals' to their best interest! 8)

Speaking of kids taking things literally though...a funny....my son wasn't ADD or any of that, but he had/has a very high IQ....when he got home from his first day of school he informed me the school told lies...because they lined up to go outside and the teacher had chosen a line leader...but the teacher led the way....so son says The line leader is not really the line leader, the teacher is, and the one they call the line leader is simply the first kid in line behind the teacher. haha ..but he also didn't make any friends that day because I had always told him not to talk to strangers and he said all the kids were strangers so he didn't talk to them even when they tried to talk to him. :)
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 pm

KJ....Kyron's classroom was on the second floor right next to the stairs.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm

LottieM wrote:KJ....Kyron's classroom was on the second floor right next to the stairs.

Yes, but is it on the side with the gym?

The Gym is on the 2nd floor also, above the cafetorium. Could he have gone toward his class and went INTO the gym versus going into his class? Or is his class on the otherside of the school?

I haven't read every post in this thread...have you guys seen the floor plan or looked at an aerial map of the school? I can provide those, if not.

Do we know what his classroom number is?

When I look at the map, along with that one media shot of his classroom door by the stairs, it looks to me that his room (judging from the exterior of the building) is actually on the opposite side of the school, however there have been several comments about the exit at the bottom of those stairs leading to the read parking lot. If the latter is true, then his room IS by the gym. It would be a heck of a lot easier if we didn't have to speculate, if we knew his classroom number.

*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 pm

*KJ* wrote:
LottieM wrote:Hi KJ, and Welcome to the Fair And Balanced RC!

What you suggest about a possible ADHD assessment makes sense. If you recall, Kaine said Kyron was having problems listening to authority in school...and 'they' had been trying to talk to him about listening to what the adults at school tell him to do. Kaine said Kyron didn't have this problem at home, just at school. And since Kyron doesn't seem like a bad kid or too stupid to follow instructions, ADHD would be a reason why he may have been having trouble with things like (and I'm speculating here) staying in his seat, not being impulsive etc. Also, with ADHD kids, while they are distracted easily, once they are doing something they enjoy they don't like to quit just because someone says to...and they throw temper tantrums.

So let's say, for sake of argument, Kyron was being assessed for ADHD or something to that effect....Kaine and Dez both seem to be ego driven....Terri, not so much. Kaine and Dez might not have liked for Kyron to be diagnosed with a 'problem'. HOWEVER, IF he did have such a problem and was impulsive, he might go off on his own at the science fair...and ANY stranger might have been able to lure him away quite easily.

ETA....and maybe Kaine is feeling guilty about impressing on Kyron to need to listen to 'adults' at school....and would rather blame Terri than think Kyron might have listened to the wrong 'adult'.

I had a huge reply for this...I don't know what happened to it???? I need to step away, but will try to reproduce it in a bit...sorry...

And thanks for all the welcomes! I already feel at home, you guys are awesome!

Ok here's the gist of what I posted earlier...

There are 3 types of ADHD: inattentive, impulsive, and combined.

Most ADHDers have coexisting conditions, anxiety is quite common (eg. fear of getting lost or not finding his way home)...anxiety is just an exaggerated fear/nervousness...it doesn't necessarily matter that his sight gave him a legit reason, most kids feel invincible, regardless of a disability.

Kyron is quite smart and attentive to detail. Although higher IQs are also common with ADHDers, attentive to detail is not as common. Some will hyperfocus at times, but in general it wouldn't be considered a 'trait.' It is much more common fro Aspie's or gifted...along with all of the other issues we have mentioned.

Lastly, there was one comment that REALLY struck me about his interaction/social skills...that he can play for hours independently without an issue BUT can also play with other kids as well.

Now, when I heard this statement I heard: Kyron prefers to play independently, BUT that doesn't mean he has a problem.

This to me sounds like a father in denial. It's very common, and what he & D are doing now, re-analyzing everything is very similar. He doesn' twant to admit the obvious, instead uses other facters to reafirm his denial.

In any event...if school or even Terri felt there was something to all of these things, the process would all be the same...and they would all include that questionaire.

and I think enough has been eluded to, to presume that he infact WAS in that process and that K, perhaps even D were in denial, or made a conserted effort to not respond, perhaps saying "let's see, he's just a kid, maybe it's just a phase, he'll grow out of it, these people are just teachers what do they know, etc."...and maybe Terri was going behind their backs...

If she did, I think she would have still needed Kaine to sign the IEP, I think???? not sure...but if she found something, she could have still worked with the teacher the best she could, and certainly assisted him from home too...in other words it would have still been a help even if Kaine &/or Desiree wanted to stick their head in the sand.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Welcome KJ,

Thanks for that article Piper..

I will snip from it...

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM PDT

"PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources."
-------------------------------------------------------------
AJ says,

Even though this article is written with the intention of Terri looking bad, I dont think it worked...

Take this first paragraph.... I quoted from the artricle..

It looks to me that the school is going to take away any owness on them by trying to justify the "appointment" ..
I wud like to know if the teacher filled out the paperwork.. If so, when and when was it given back to Terri? If the paperwork was not completed and returned to Terri, then that shud indicate that the teacher is mistaken and isnt credible. Why wud a mother take the time and effort to bring in a form from the most important person (teacher) and take a child to an apparent "assessment" without the required paperwork?

If this teacher really believed that his appointment was that day, why did she tell the substitute/chaperone, that Kyron prolly went to get a drink? If she was so certain, why not tell the truth to the chaperone? WHy is she being considered "credible"? It sounds to me like she hasnt got a clue and is just using this as her scape goat to save her own butt! (not that I think she shud be held 100 percent accountable, but to think she is passing the buck and helping to nail Terri, shud be a crime.

Next snip.....

"Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent."
----------------------------
AJ says....

Again.. did she fill out the paperwork???? If not, WHY????
Why bother going to an assessment without the teachers input.. It is usually a teacher who is the one making recommendations for possible meds..

Next snip...

"According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair."

---------------------------------------
AJ says.....

Funny how investigators think Terri was "vague" .. On account that she brought the paperwork... seems apprarent to me that Terri was anything but vague.. Sounds to me like the tracher let the information go in one ear and out the other... Did Ms Poter fill out the paperwok and have it ready for this "appointment" that she is so sure was relayed to take place on Jun 4?????

Next snip..

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”
-------------------------------------
AJ says....

Why does Matt Shelby not address the teacher/chaperone who asked Ms Porter what happened to Kyron??? Is Shelby saying that this conversation never too place???? We already herard SHelby say that Tanner's days must have been mixed up as there was no subs that day.... Ok Matt, who was the chaperone and did she ask Ms. Porter where Kyron was?? Is Ms Porter denying that this converstaion ever took place???????

Next snip..

"Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”
-------------------------------------------

AJ says...

This one really P.O's me... funny how Ms Holm's son has credibility, yet Tanner doesnt???? WHats up with that???

WHen did C Holmes hear the teacher say she thought Kyron was at his appointment?? Was it agfter Tanners account? Did Porter reevaluate her thoughts about where Kyron was and just assume that he must have gone to this appoiuntment that she was clearly wrong and unfocused about? If she was so sure this appointment was Jun 4..did she get the papers back to Terri??

Next snip...

"The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days."

AJ says...

Funny how Kaine is going to be answering these questions.. I bet dollars to donuts, he didnt even know when Kyron went to the doctors.. sounds to me like he was the type of dad/hubby who left everything about the kids, up to the mom... I personally have nothing against that...

It always worked this way in my life... No dad/spouse knew when upcoming appointments were... only the results of what took place and only if it was important... I have no prob with that and many families I know are the same way...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

KJ - I liked what you said about the "internal" mechanism that all of our kids have that instinctively tell them there's a problem - my dad is a pastor, and attends child safety meetings periodically that our local LE and FBI agents put on here in our area - the last meeting he went to, there were child psychologists that told them each child is born with this instinctive danger mechanism and as parents/adults we slowly dull that instinct - yea, my first question was, oh yeah, HOW? it's simple actually... remember aunt mary that squeezes your cheeks and leaves lipstick on your forehead that you didn't want to hug when you were a kid - BUT YOUR MOM MADE YOU? Remember, when you didn't want to give your grandfather a hug? BUT YOUR MOM MADE YOU? Remember when you didn't want to shake your next door neighbors hand? and the list goes on and on and on... So when my dad told me this, I really changed my stand on "making" my kids do things like that - is it rude? some ppl might think so, but if my kid doesn't want to hug you - maybe there's a reason? maybe you make them feel uncomfortable? maybe they sense that something isn't right w/ the next door neighbor, or the man down the street or even Uncle Johnny... I certainly don't want to dull down my kids built in instincts - because when they need them the most, they might just ignore them... maybe that's what happened to Kyron? maybe he willingly went w/ an acquaintance that he knew thru one of his parents, or someone he saw at school and maybe he went w/ that person because he had been "made" to be friendly? heck, there's a million and one different scenarios, what's one more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 pm

What in the world is going on???
They asked for all this extra money and suddenly - SURPRISINGLY - they don't need it??? just a few days after asking for it??

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Sheriffs-office-declines-extra-money-for-now-for/5iFW97qmWUCsNb5npZp9Ig.cspx

In a surprise move, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled extra funding for the Kyron Horman investigation.

Earlier this week, it was announced that the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's office were seeking over $438,000 in additional funds to help with the investigation into the missing 7-year-old.

District Attorney Mike Schrunk was seeking over $196,000 in funds for the case, while Dan Staton and the Sheriff's Office were asking for nearly $243,000 that would have gone to cover overtime costs of the investigation.

Early Thursday county commissioners were set to approve the funding, but a surprise move by Staton tabled funding for his office.

Staton said he didn't need the money as of now, in part because of a four-person budget cut that left the agency with extra money. The money will reside in the county contingency fund, used for emergency investigations like this one.

The sheriff's office has spent $365,000 on the Kyron Horman investigation so far, Staton said.

Staton said in no way does the tabling of the issue mean investigators are close to an arrest. The issue could still be brought up again in the future, he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:45 pm

those 4 ppl were sure making a ton of money... that's all I have to say...

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 pm

I want to give everybody a heads up. The threads here automatically split around page 56. Every post after page 50 is automatically put into a new thread and the original thread is automatically locked. I just put a #1 at the end of the original thread title and a #2 at the end of the title of this new thread. I'm also going to give Kyron his own section right below Haleigh Cummings and move the Kyron threads there.

The original thread is only 49 pages instead of 50 because I moved the posts about the search by Harry Oakes into their own topic .

Last edited by Justice4all on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Father: Kyron Horman Is 'Waiting To Be Found'
Kaine Horman, Daughter Move Back Into Home

POSTED: 4:39 pm PDT July 21, 2010
UPDATED: 8:50 pm PDT July 21, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The father of a missing PortlandKyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Mag-glass_10x10 boy said he wants to limit the distractions surrounding the investigation into the disappearance of his son, who he said is "waiting to be found."

Kaine Horman's interview Wednesday was the first since he moved back into his family's northwest Portland home. A restraining ordered filed in June forced his estranged wife, Terri Horman, to move last weekend so he and the couple's 20-month-old daughter could return.

Deputies said Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron Horman the day he vanished from Skyline Elementary SchoolKyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Mag-glass_10x10 on June 4 after an early morning science fair.

Kaine Horman and Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, have said they believe Terri Horman is involved in the disappearance. Investigators haven't named any suspects or persons of interest in the case.

"I think there's been some distractions along the way. We're trying to limit those distractions as best we can," he said.

Kaine Horman remained adamant his 7-year-old son will come home as he stood outside the Wall of Hope -- a gathering of cards, balloons and letters dedicated to Kyron -- located on a fence near his grade school.

"I get really emotional every time I come up here. It's amazing," Kaine Horman said. "It continues to make me miss him even more, if that's possible."

Kaine Horman said he's going to build shelves in Kyron's room to hold the stuffed animals and other keepsakes left for the second-grader along the fence.

Investigators from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office haven't revealed many details in the criminal investigation. The missing boy's father also declined to provide details, but said people can do more to bring Kyron home.

"I'm assuming that (investigators) obviously making good progress based on what I'm getting briefed on," Kaine said. "There's a lot more we can do to get his face out there. I think there's lots more opportunities to get his face out and recognized by people, especially outside the state."

On Thursday, the Multnomah County Board of Commissioners is expected to decide whether to grant a request for more than $439,000 from the sheriff and district attorney to keep up the pace of the investigation

http://www.kptv.com/news/24345657/detail.html

So, I can only draw from this that maybe they are looking at someone taking Kyron across state lines? In which case - LE NEEDS TO RELEASE MORE INFO TO THE PUBLIC so we know what we should be looking for!!!! For goodness sakes, we know nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Hopefully that money will cover costs for looking for Kyron in obvious dumping grouinds that mosters leave kids in.. like the landfill and transfer stattions 6 miles fromn the school!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Tish I jyst read the update of the tabled request for money...

Did they forget they fired 4 ppl? Did they just fire them today? How in the world do 4 positions equal this amount?

I believe what happened is that the answer was "NO".. you cant have the money ..but the county didnt want to look bad to the community for not looking for a little boy, so instead they said ... hey, we were going to give you the money but now that you dont need it ..we will put it away for a rainy day....

This is just sick! I dont believe it for one minute.. They just didnt want to looik bad within the community so they turfed 4 ppl, and said we were going to be cutting anyway.... just sick!

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm

awaiting justice wrote:Welcome KJ,

Thanks for that article Piper..

I will snip from it...

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM PDT

"PORTLAND, Ore. - There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources."
-------------------------------------------------------------
AJ says,

Even though this article is written with the intention of Terri looking bad, I dont think it worked...

Take this first paragraph.... I quoted from the artricle..

It looks to me that the school is going to take away any owness on them by trying to justify the "appointment" ..
I wud like to know if the teacher filled out the paperwork.. If so, when and when was it given back to Terri? If the paperwork was not completed and returned to Terri, then that shud indicate that the teacher is mistaken and isnt credible. Why wud a mother take the time and effort to bring in a form from the most important person (teacher) and take a child to an apparent "assessment" without the required paperwork?

If this teacher really believed that his appointment was that day, why did she tell the substitute/chaperone, that Kyron prolly went to get a drink? If she was so certain, why not tell the truth to the chaperone? WHy is she being considered "credible"? It sounds to me like she hasnt got a clue and is just using this as her scape goat to save her own butt! (not that I think she shud be held 100 percent accountable, but to think she is passing the buck and helping to nail Terri, shud be a crime.

Next snip.....

"Prior to his June 4 disappearance, Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, informed his teacher he had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, the sources said, and it was why there was no expectation Kyron would be in class after the science fair. Once class began at 10 a.m., his teacher marked him absent."
----------------------------
AJ says....

Again.. did she fill out the paperwork???? If not, WHY????
Why bother going to an assessment without the teachers input.. It is usually a teacher who is the one making recommendations for possible meds..

Next snip...

"According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair."

---------------------------------------
AJ says.....

Funny how investigators think Terri was "vague" .. On account that she brought the paperwork... seems apprarent to me that Terri was anything but vague.. Sounds to me like the tracher let the information go in one ear and out the other... Did Ms Poter fill out the paperwok and have it ready for this "appointment" that she is so sure was relayed to take place on Jun 4?????

Next snip..

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”
AJ says....

Why does Matt Shelby not address the teacher/chaperone who asked Ms Porter what happened to Kyron??? Is Shelby saying that this conversation never too place???? We already herard SHelby say that Tanner's days must have been mixed up as there was no subs that day.... Ok Matt, who was the chaperone and did she ask Ms. Porter where Kyron was?? Is Ms Porter denying that this converstaion ever took place???????

Next snip..

"Kim Holm’s son, Kurtis, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said. “And then at lunchtime, Kurtis ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And Kurtis said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom.’”
-------------------------------------------

AJ says...

This one really P.O's me... funny how Ms Holm's son has credibility, yet Tanner doesnt???? WHats up with that???

WHen did C Holmes hear the teacher say she thought Kyron was at his appointment?? Was it agfter Tanners account? Did Porter reevaluate her thoughts about where Kyron was and just assume that he must have gone to this appoiuntment that she was clearly wrong and unfocused about? If she was so sure this appointment was Jun 4..did she get the papers back to Terri??

Next snip...

"The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days."

AJ says...

Funny how Kaine is going to be answering these questions.. I bet dollars to donuts, he didnt even know when Kyron went to the doctors.. sounds to me like he was the type of dad/hubby who left everything about the kids, up to the mom... I personally have nothing against that...

It always worked this way in my life... No dad/spouse knew when upcoming appointments were... only the results of what took place and only if it was important... I have no prob with that and many families I know are the same way...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Here's what also bugs me about this whole 'impression' that the teachers had...

APPOINTMENTS DON'T LAST ALL DAY LONG!

If he were gone at the beginning of the tour, approximately 9am...then why the heck didn't they expect him back before the end of the day...ESPECIALLY since his coat & backpack were in the class, hmmmm?

Here's what I think happened...they noticed him there, then noticed him missing, made a little excuse, oh he must have been in the bathroom (I saw a comment on a pic on Terri's FB page where Kyron missed a class pic while off in the bathroom w/o telling anyone)...so apparently this MAY have been an ongoing issue (incedently my son also has an issue w/ the bathroom...not telling someone when he's going, just not returning Shocked ) ...I think after the chaperone left Mrs Porter waited, and waited and waited...then got concerned, checked, didn't find him in the bathroom or getting a drink, so then tought...'oh yeah, Terri mentioned something about an appointment'...and left it at that.

Why in the world she didn't check on his return before the end of the day is BEYOND me, PLUS aren't absents supposed to be reported to the office not the teacher? What's up with that???? Did Terri typically tell the teacher if/when he would be absent? Did none of this raise any kind of concerns that would warrant a double check?

Ok, if not (I'm for one appaulled, but moving on) when the day ended and his things were STILL in the class, did the teacher not consider...oh perhaps they got stuck in the waiting room, perhaps car troubles, perhaps a bunch of things occured that altered their plans....maybe I should call to see if Tanner can take his things home so he has them for the weekend...ESPECIALLY since it was chilly and he may need his coat, which apparently didn't worry anyone to begin with...WTF!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm

More DA money approved in search for Kyron Horman

by Associated Press
NWCN.com
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A request by prosecutors seeking an extra $196,000 for their investigation into the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman has been approved.

But Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton tabled a separate request for about $240,000 in additional funding for his office until October.

Staton and District Attorney Michael Schrunk went to Multnomah County commissioners on Thursday to talk about funding in their effort to find Kyron, last seen at Skyline School in Portland on June 4, when his stepmother took him to a science fair.

Staton also said the sheriff's office will return $500,000 in contingency funding approved last month and another $400,000 from the last budget after his agency was able to hold down costs.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/More-DA-money-approved-in-search-for-Kyron-Horman-99037519.html
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi KJ! Welcome to RC....

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm

tish wrote:those 4 ppl were sure making a ton of money... that's all I have to say...

Employing a person is a lot more expensive than just paying their salary. It involves taxes, employement insurance (WC, unemployment, liability, life, diability, etc), benefits, and all sorts of supplies and space and so much more. This is why lay-offs are generally the answer when a company begins to do poorly.

I saw a study once, it was a while back, but it said that on average salary makes up less than half of the expenses of employing a person. For a sheriffs dept, I'd say insurances & benefits probably made the inbalance even greater.

just a guess...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Hold down costs????????????? 4 ppl???? WTH???

This is all a big fat lie.. I bet any money that the county told the sherrifsd office NO WAY JOSE.. you aint getting the money to go and look for that kid...

They prolly told the sherriffs office to be the ones to say that they found money elsewhere so now they dont need it... Its all political and no one cares about Kyron..

IMO, I wudnt be surprised if this is the whole reason they are going after Terri.....

The prolly never wanted to spend nmoney to look for Kyron (maybe landfills/transfer stations water) in the first place.. They held oput hope that it wud be a fmaily member and that they wud determine that soos after Jun 4..

When they cudnt find any evidence against anyone.. they went with Terri, and maybe even paid off a supposed landscaper to come forward now with his crazy allegations...

I have no faith (especially after Riley Fox's dad was framed by LE for her death after they cudnt find any evidence)

I cant believe so many ppl in this world cant see thru these shoddy witchunts where the easy solution to save money and to save face, is to blame the parent... same thing in Haleighs case...

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:43 pm

awaiting justice wrote:Tish I jyst read the update of the tabled request for money...

Did they forget they fired 4 ppl? Did they just fire them today? How in the world do 4 positions equal this amount?

I believe what happened is that the answer was "NO".. you cant have the money ..but the county didnt want to look bad to the community for not looking for a little boy, so instead they said ... hey, we were going to give you the money but now that you dont need it ..we will put it away for a rainy day....

This is just sick! I dont believe it for one minute.. They just didnt want to looik bad within the community so they turfed 4 ppl, and said we were going to be cutting anyway.... just sick!

Or someone in accounting noticed that the 4Pl more than covered the need. I don't know if a sheriff or the person requesting the funds would be aware of the money about the 4PL...it very well could have been 2 spererate processes, that someone in a deptpartment like accounting saw.

In either event, yes 4Pl can amount very easily to that amount, and potentially even more.

the cost of employing a person involves a lot more than their salary, it includes insurances (employment/liability, unemployment, life, diability, workmans comp, and probably more), benefits (health, dental, retirement, add'l life/accident insurance, etc), taxes, equipment/supplies (computers, phones, gas, vehicle, gear, office), etc etc etc.

All of that for LE positions very well could have been 3/4ths of the cost...I wouldn't be surprised if those 4 people MORE than covered the amount they needed.

Just a guess though...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Police Give Subtle Clues in Kyron Horman Disappearance

Posted by Jmartens on Jun 8th, 2010

Tuesday marks the 5th day that Kyron Horman has been missing and the latest news has provided no new information to curious Oregonians praying for his return. But that doesn’t mean that police haven’t learned more and more every day and it certainly doesn’t mean they don’t know what might have happened to Kyron.

The Multnomah County Sheriffs Office has held twice daily news breifings and have had few details for those listening. Reading between the lines, however, can tell us a lot.

First, the principal of Skyline, speaking along the police, classified the search as a criminal investigation. This likely means they have ruled out the idea that Kyron walked away from the school on his own. Authorities know something that tells them Kyron was forced to leave Skyline Elementary.

The FBI was called in very early on in the investigation. The have since posted an alert at FBI.gov to warn Americans that Kyron is in danger. The FBI has also brought in a profiler, along the lines of the popular TV show Criminal Minds. Not something you’d expect the FBI to do if they believed that Kyron was simply missing in the woods or taken by a family member.

Additionally, it is well known that that Kyron’s step mother dropped him off at school at 8:30am on Friday. She has told police that the last time she saw the 7 year old is when she left at 8:45am. Now, police have communicated that someone saw Kyron at 9am but they refuse to say who, where at and what the circumstances where. The 9am event and mystery witness may hold the key to what happened to Kyron that fateful morning.

Finally, in the Tuesday noon press briefing by the Multnomah County Sheriffs office, Cpt Jason Gates refused to answer key questions from reporters. These questions included “is there any indication that a stranger was inside Skyline Elementary on Friday morning” and “Are searchers now focusing on specific search areas now rather than all the area around Skyline Elementary?” His standard response was to say that he could not give out those details. Does this mean there are details to give out?

So what have authorities learned over the past 5 days of investigation? It seems they have learned enough to eliminate the idea that Kyron left on his own, enough to focus on specific geographic areas in their search and enough to avoid questions about the presence of a stranger inside Skyline Elementary school on Friday morning, June 4th.

This is good news in way, it means that law enforcement is doing their job and getting closer to finding Kyron.

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/08/police-give-subtle-clues-in-kyron-horman-disappearance/

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Dear Terri,

I am writing you to tell you that I think you are being railroaded, to hold the bag for Kyrons disappearance. I think you were the " convenient" person. You were the most likley to have been the one to have committed this crime, because of fate. You are the " step" parent, and you are the one who took him to school.

It was easy to make you the " responsible" party, becasue of your stupid choice to drink and drive 6 yrs ago.

You were an easy target. I suspect LE found someone to say that you tried to hire a person to kill Kaine without too much work. I have read that this " landscaper" may be an illegal immigrant... Not sure if its true, but I doubt it is very hard to find someone to say a huge lie, if it will benefit.

After studying many cases, I have to believe that prosecutors will do naything, to save money, and to save their reputations. I think there is a good chance that you have fallen victim to this.

I read there was a carnival in your community, the week before this happened. I suspect Kyron was a random victim, of a ped. I also bel;ieve he was the one in the wrong place at the right time. I think it could have been any child. I also think that had it been any other child, the same reult of investigation wud have ensued. Unless of course it was a political figure who was the parent.

I dont believe for one minute that any other parent, in your community, and at that school doesnt have skeletons and past events where they cud be looked down upon.

Even a man like Ed Smart, was made to look guilty, and there was no DUI's or previous records, and no known family dysfunction. He was a good candidate becasue he was a religious pastor where many ppl look at them as potential peds...

I think the chances of your possible involvement, is no different than Kaine, Dez, the principal, the teachers and their husbands, the neighbors, and a passerby.

I am sad that the majority of the world doesnt seem to look at the bigger picture and even consider the possibilty that this crime was a stranger abduction (or an abduction by someone known to you and the any student of the school/community)

I dont envy your position, and have seen other crimes where the guardian has been held accountable. SOme were charged and convicted and some were charged for other crimes and some were never robbed of grieving, and the rest of their lives for being accused and blamed, because it was the easiest solution.

It seems plausible that Kaine has been polluted and poisoned against you. It is understandable that vulnerable ppl, can be made/influenced to turn against ppl in stressful situations.

If it makes you feel any better, I suspect that had you been abducted by some high risk perp, where you or your remains were not found in the first few hours, it wud be plausible to think Kaine wud have been suspected...

It wud also be plausible to think that if your disappearance was high profile, a " landscaper" cud have likley come forward, weeks later advising that Kaine had tried to hire him to get rid of you.

Of course, with children's disappearances they are more high profile as it cudnt be said that they ran away, etc... but in otherwords, LE's influence for an easy answer seems to be inevitable.

First and foremost, I pray for Kyron to be found safe, so he can live out the gift of the life.

Secondly, being found will reveal who committed this terrible crime.

In the meantime, there has been no evidence found against you, or you wud have been arrested. I will afford you your constitutional right, of being innocent until proven guilty.

If you are truly innocent, (which I suspect you are) I hope that you will not let this experience kill you. I hope that you will take a stand against, LE, the media, and society and find ways to educate the general population, in the this destructive mindset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:18 pm

KJ,

I do agree that employment positions anywhere, have a higher value than annual salary...

My point was that had the " budget cuts" been planned, there wud have been no need to ask the county for the money...

Also, that it was a very new move...

What I am guessing is that the county had to find a way to not pay the money.. It wud have been hard for them to say " No"...

Instead, we hear that they cut 4 budgeted postions .. My guess is that these positions were not filled by anyone.. I doubt 4 ppl just lost their jobs..

I wonder what exact steps were going to be taken. Were they planning on searching the landfills? Water?

They were vague in saying " investigation" ....

I wonder if they will still be doing something with this money...

Also, if my suspicions are correct as to how these 4 positions were axed, then it wudnt surprise me to hear that the " extra money" will not be available until their next fiscal year..

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:06 pm

awaiting justice wrote:KJ,

I do agree that employment positions anywhere, have a higher value than annual salary...

My point was that had the " budget cuts" been planned, there wud have been no need to ask the county for the money...

Also, that it was a very new move...

What I am guessing is that the county had to find a way to not pay the money.. It wud have been hard for them to say " No"...

Instead, we hear that they cut 4 budgeted postions .. My guess is that these positions were not filled by anyone.. I doubt 4 ppl just lost their jobs..

I wonder what exact steps were going to be taken. Were they planning on searching the landfills? Water?

They were vague in saying " investigation" ....

I wonder if they will still be doing something with this money...

Also, if my suspicions are correct as to how these 4 positions were axed, then it wudnt surprise me to hear that the " extra money" will not be available until their next fiscal year..

It very well could have had something to do with politics...but more likely it was just 4 people in one department were let go (or even 4 people in 4 different departments) and they are all outside the vantage point of the person requesting the special funds.

Here's something to consider...those positions were eliminated for a reason...like many municipalities, I think it'd be a safe bet that they were eliminated due to budget shortfalls.

I almost had flipped reading that, because it implies that they are kinda 'borrowing' the winfall of the 4 less employees to fund Kyron, when it was likely earmarked for soemthing else (which who knows if it included something like security upgrades at the schools or something)...but caught by breath as soon as I saw that they would be putting the money that they apparently approved into a reserve fund 'just in case'.

So what this means is that they are going to spend the money on Kyron, that was earmarked for something else, but the county will likely only reimburse them if they actually spend that money on Kyron.

Which, a taxpayer in another area of the county would be happy to see, because likely it'd mean more cuts for them...so on a fairness basis, this makes sense.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:38 pm

KJ - that explanation seems highly probable - and economical in this situation - if that's what happened. I hope they didn't "axe" 4 ppl because they were denied the funds - so they made room somewhere. Because if that's what happened, we have a min of 4 more victims of this crime - plus any families of these 4 workers. They way I understand it is that the money was only allocated for 4 other positions that had yet to be filled... maybe if they had hired those 4 ppl they would have the means to search the landfills and follow up on SO's...
Here again, it seems had they allowed volunteers to aid in the initial and any ongoing (?) searches that would help keep costs at bay as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

tish wrote:KJ - that explanation seems highly probable - and economical in this situation - if that's what happened. I hope they didn't "axe" 4 ppl because they were denied the funds - so they made room somewhere. Because if that's what happened, we have a min of 4 more victims of this crime - plus any families of these 4 workers. They way I understand it is that the money was only allocated for 4 other positions that had yet to be filled... maybe if they had hired those 4 ppl they would have the means to search the landfills and follow up on SO's...
Here again, it seems had they allowed volunteers to aid in the initial and any ongoing (?) searches that would help keep costs at bay as well.

That's a good point!!!!

I nearly LOST it when I read 26 days into this that they were STILL identifying, locating and verifying alibis for KNOWN SO's...WTH!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that why (or at least psrt of the reason why) we have the registry, so that they can be quickly round up in situations like this?

I wonder where they are on this task at this point.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

I am thinking if there were 4 ppl gone, we wud have heard about it.. Because there is so much media on this story, I cant see that 4 ppl wud have been ousted easily..It cud almost be wrongful dismissal...

I am thinking these cuts were postitions that wernt filled and still have doubts as to whether we will see any new costs incurred re: investigating Kyrons disappearance.. I can only hope, but wont hold my breath..

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Here is why they are making a big fuss over the costs:

http://blogoliticalsean.blogspot.com/2006/07/text-of-aarons-law.html

Aaron's law OR allows the state to recover the costs if there is a parental interference with custody.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:44 pm

OregonLive's complete reference page for Kyron:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/kyron-horman.html
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Empty Skyline Floor plan

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 33ct4l1

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 2jfax6s

Ok, I don't know how to post an interactive aerial map, sorry...but if you google & zoom in and go around the whole school...I see only one spot above a door that has a window like the one we saw in that media shot of Kyron's class room door...that is on the left hand side of the school that leads out to the field (maybe #213).

However, as I mentioned there are a few reports that put this exit near the rear parking lot. If that is true than Kyron's class is on the right hand side of the school, which is the same place as the gym. This would make Kyron's class either #203 or #201...which is RIGHT across the hall from the gym. So, if Terri waved from the area of the front exit, on the other side of #203, then Kyron very well could have taken a left into the gym instead of a right into his classroom that morning.

However, if his room is actually on the other side of the school, this would be les likely.

But assuming for a moment that there was an evil person there that day...either known to Kyron, that Kyron trusted SIMPLY because he was instructed to follow the directions of adults at school, or because he using his own judgement felt ok since they appeared to fit in (parent-type)...it would be very easy for this person to overhear Terri saying good bye, or waving good bye, and taken advantage of this...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm

You know what, I think I jsut answered my own question.

If you look at the way the doors swing, and think about that picture...looking TOWARD the window in the staircase, supposidly Kyron's class was on the left of the hallway...this means if that is indeed his classroom door it would have to be #213...at the opposite end of the school from the gym...But it also means that this exit right by his class does NOT lead right to the rear parking lot!

Terri's supposed escape route for Kyron to leave undetected...certainly he would have been seen going out the front door!

So either that is NOT his class in that picture OR he could have exited out through the gym that morning, somehow...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Here is an interactive aerial map of Skyline. In order to view it, make sure you have HTML enabled in your profile.

View Larger Map
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Source: Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

by David Krough, KGW.com Staff
kgw.com
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Terrih10

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Sources tell KGW police have searched the homes of three friends of Kyron Horman's step-mother in the past week to look for evidence in the case.

One of the unidentified friends reportedly had information on Terri Moulton-Horman's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4. The friend may have violated a judge’s orders by seeing a then-sealed restraining order, filed against Terri by Kyron's father Kaine Horman, according to the sources.

Two of the homes were in Tualatin. A third search warrant at an undiclosed location was executed Thursday. Sources tell KGW investigators decided to obtain the search warrants after examining cell phone records, emails and conducting surveillance. All three friends had spent "significant" amount of time with Terri since the case began, sources said.

There have been no suspects or persons of interest named since Kyron disappeared.

However, in court documents, the boy's father Kaine Horman stated police provided him with "probable cause" to believe that Terri-Moulton Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance, plotted to have Kaine killed, and was having a sexual affair. DETAILS: Restraining order issued

Last weekend, Kaine had Terri evicted from the family's NW Portland home and he returned to the home with Kiara.

Terri Hormanhas since relocated to her parents' home in Roseburg.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Source-Tualatin-homes-of-Terri-Hormans-friends-searched-kyron-missing-portland-99062069.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 pm

KJ, thanks for the floorplan!

I've been trying to find a picture I saw of Kyron's classroom relative to the stairs....can't find it, but in the photo the current custodian was about to descend the stairs beside Kyron's classroom....and the room was on his left, stairs against the wall on his right. So his room had to be 213...which is the opposite end of the hallway from the gym.

Tanner said he saw Kyron at the bottom of the stairs....and that's where the conversation took place.

So apparently Kyron didn't go to his classroom and went down the stairs instead?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I just thought of something....if Tanner was at the bottom of the stairs, then he was not in his classroom waiting to get with his group yet....so did he see Kyron before they were supposed to go to the classroom at 8:45?

And Tanner also said he saw Terri leave without Kyron....so if Terri walked Kyron to his classroom, then Tanner must have been upstairs at the time he saw Terri leave?

I'm thinking Terri may have walked Kyron to the bottom of the stairs and then left him there? And then exited by the door that was right there?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Justice4all wrote:Source: Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

by David Krough, KGW.com Staff
kgw.com
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 3 Terrih10

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Sources tell KGW police have searched the homes of three friends of Kyron Horman's step-mother in the past week to look for evidence in the case.

One of the unidentified friends reportedly had information on Terri Moulton-Horman's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4. The friend may have violated a judge’s orders by seeing a then-sealed restraining order, filed against Terri by Kyron's father Kaine Horman, according to the sources.

Two of the homes were in Tualatin. A third search warrant at an undiclosed location was executed Thursday. Sources tell KGW investigators decided to obtain the search warrants after examining cell phone records, emails and conducting surveillance. All three friends had spent "significant" amount of time with Terri since the case began, sources said.

There have been no suspects or persons of interest named since Kyron disappeared.

However, in court documents, the boy's father Kaine Horman stated police provided him with "probable cause" to believe that Terri-Moulton Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance, plotted to have Kaine killed, and was having a sexual affair. DETAILS: Restraining order issued

Last weekend, Kaine had Terri evicted from the family's NW Portland home and he returned to the home with Kiara.

Terri Hormanhas since relocated to her parents' home in Roseburg.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Source-Tualatin-homes-of-Terri-Hormans-friends-searched-kyron-missing-portland-99062069.html

Sounds like the friend whos house was searched was Cook... I believe Kaine had already stated that he believed Terri and Cook did not know each other prior to the crime...

I think the source is prolly D and K... also it is almost like harrassment.. the way the writer describes Terri is almost like the allegations against her re the landscaper are fact.. ALso they refer a " sexual relationship".... it appears they are referring to M Cook where it was already stated by K that they did not know each other prior to the crime... This is ridiculous..

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I have not seen anywhere that stated the kids had to be in their classroom @ 8:45 except what bloggers are saying. I thought the Science Fair was to be from 8am till 10am, and then the kids had to be in their classrooms. Why would they open @ 8am till 8:45 and then let the kids go again from 9am till 10am. I am very confused.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm

mama, the kids were supposed to go with their chaperons from 9-10....the doors opened early so parents could come (some work, I'm sure) and visitation was supposed to be over at 8:45...but that doesn't by any means mean that all the parents left the building at 8:45.

I picture it like in my days of kids in school...when the bell rings for school to start, if you don't have any business there, you have to leave the building. And I think this is what was the case that day at Skyline...parents and other guests were to leave between 8:45 and 9....
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:01 pm

From my understanding the bell rung at 8:45am.

That seems to suggest classes started at that time, no?

It shouldnt be too difficult to find out what time classes begin at Skyline.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Calypso, classes normally begin @ 8:45, and that bell is programmed to ring at the time every day. If it is like ours here, the bell rings every day at the start of class and when classes are done for the day, even in the Summer time. But this day, classes were not to start until 10 because of the Fair.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you, Mama.

Get this, Skyline offers BEFORE and AFTER school programs:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186#baprg

Before and after school programs

•We have a before and after school care program that provides parents with the option of dropping students off as early as 7:00 AM and picking them up as late as 6:00 PM. This is a fee-for-service program that is well established and utilized by many Skyline families.

Interesting because then the school is opened earlier than 0800hrs, it's opened from 0700hrs. New time-table.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:16 pm

The school my twins went to for K-5, they had a separate building for before and after school care. You dropped the kiddies off at that building, but you couldn't get into the main school buildings until 30 minutes before classes began.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:29 pm

sitemama wrote:I have not seen anywhere that stated the kids had to be in their classroom @ 8:45 except what bloggers are saying. I thought the Science Fair was to be from 8am till 10am, and then the kids had to be in their classrooms. Why would they open @ 8am till 8:45 and then let the kids go again from 9am till 10am. I am very confused.

Calypso wrote:From my understanding the bell rung at 8:45am.

That seems to suggest classes started at that time, no?

It shouldnt be too difficult to find out what time classes begin at Skyline.

sitemama wrote:Calypso, classes normally begin @ 8:45, and that bell is programmed to ring at the time every day. If it is like ours here, the bell rings every day at the start of class and when classes are done for the day, even in the Summer time. But this day, classes were not to start until 10 because of the Fair.

Calypso wrote:Thank you, Mama.

Get this, Skyline offers BEFORE and AFTER school programs:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186#baprg

Before and after school programs

•We have a before and after school care program that provides parents with the option of dropping students off as early as 7:00 AM and picking them up as late as 6:00 PM. This is a fee-for-service program that is well established and utilized by many Skyline families.

Interesting because then the school is opened earlier than 0800hrs, it's opened from 0700hrs. New time-table.

OMG! We need to know if the school opened at 7am! I'm wondering if the kids in the early program are contained somewhere, like the cafeteria, where they might also offer breakfast...or if they can roam the school????

In terms of the schedule...there is a notice somewhere (I'll try to find it tomorrow) from the PTA describing the day.

Normally (of course now my whole concept of normal has changed with this BSP Shocked ) the school opens at 8:35, when busses begin arrival. The bell rings at 8:45 signaling the time to go to classes. All of this is true the day of the fair too. Many kids likely took their bus into school.

On the day of the fair, per the PTA, the school opened at 8am to give working parents a chance to participate. Children were to be broken into groups of approximately 5 students, and chaperoned by parent volunteers (many I'm sure double as subs too). The tours were to begin at 8:45. Classes to begin at 10. The school was open to the PUBLIC (not just parents) 8-10.

My guess is that student knew that IF they were to join a tour they would need to be in their class at 8:45. I'm thinking it likely took some time to divide kids up and deal with the BFFs that were split & all that kid-stuff...and the tours actually began about 9.

Somehow the children must have been instructed ahead of time to know what to do. But I would also guess that if it were open to the public until 10 that some kids had the option of staying with their own parent IF they stayed past the bell.

How the heck would they be able to manage this? It makes more sense to close to the public at 8:45, but that's not what the flyer or the sign infront of the school said.

Kaine said that Terri intended to stay until 10.

For some reason she did not. I will try to find the PTA flyer.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:33 pm

8:45 is the normal start time for Skyline. The way I understand it, parents were allowed to view the science fair from 8:00 until 8:45. The kids were then supposed to report to class at 8:45 and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Then each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone until 10:00 and then return to their classes for roll call.

Snip from the Parent Handbook for Skyline:

Skyline School Hours:
Office Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
8:35 am Students may arrive at School
8:35 am Students may go to class
8:45 am School day begins
11:20 am End of morning Kindergarten Session
3:00 pm K-8th Grade Dismissal

Important Note: Students are not to be dropped off for school prior to 8:35 as the school does not have staff on duty to ensure your child’s safety. Student release time is at 3:00. Parents picking up students after school should do so at 3:00.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf
Snips from an Oregonlive.com article that we posted back on June 6:

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."
At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

"He told her, 'I'm going back to the classroom, Mom,' and she waves to him and left," Carol Moulton said. "She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

What happened to the boy who went missing is unclear.

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:33 pm

This school calendar doesn't even LIST the science fair:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/203.htm

Showing events after 1/15. Look for earlier events
Friday, June 4
1:00pm Talent ShowWhenFri, June 4, 1pm – 2pm
more details» copy to my calendar
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 pm

How did Kaine know what Terri planned to do that morning? He was at work that morning, and Terri had the baby with her.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 pm

That is also my understanding, Justice4all.

The parents and the public were allowed to view the science fair until 0845hrs, then students were to go to their classrooms to be broken up into groups of 5-6 and tour the exhibits with teachers (and parents who volunteered).

Students were then to go back to class where attendance was taken and classes began for the day.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 pm

This is the first I heard that the school was open to the public until 10. I wonder if the flyer was a misprint and the school told the public they had to leave at 8:45 or if Terri just decided to leave early because she had already seen Kyron's display and a few others.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

There is speculation that Terri wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron's project home, so Kaine had the mustang and Terri had the truck. (Supposedly the truck had starter problems and needed to be towed from the house?)

It's been said Terri emailed the teacher about when she could pick up the project-

From what I understand this has been unconfirmed.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 pm

sitemama wrote:How did Kaine know what Terri planned to do that morning? He was at work that morning, and Terri had the baby with her.

They could have discussed it...it could have been her intention...however one can't know what to expect with an 18mo first thing in the morning in a noisy crowed building...I don't know the child was fussy, but my guess is after that bell, all heck broke out with Kiara. Or Terri could have had enough, or she could have been tired or something...and 18mo still wakes in the middle of the night often...almost anythign could have been the case...Kyron very well could have wanted to shake his mom and little sister - trading them in for his hip-school-buddies too...I know a lot of people see this as a BIG deal too...but without a bit more, it just doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Students are not to be dropped off for school prior to 8:35 as the school does not have staff on duty to ensure your child’s safety.
It's not bad enough that the school didn't have surveillance cameras. According to their own handbook they don't even have enough staff to keep children safe until 10 minutes before class starts.

Last edited by Justice4all on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next