Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

+11
Maat
Justice4all
*KJ*
khintx
FystyAngel
JAG
Piper
sitemama
LottieM
Snaz
Calypso
15 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by sitemama Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Even if the kids were divided into groups of 5, and asssigned a parent as a guide, there were still lots of parents/adults running loose in the school. If the school has 300 students, there would have been atleast 60 adults.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Justice4all wrote:This is the first I heard that the school was open to the public until 10. I wonder if the flyer was a misprint and the school told the public they had to leave at 8:45 or if Terri just decided to leave early because she had already seen Kyron's display and a few others.

The sign out front of the school also announced the fair 8-10...I don't think the sign is for the benefit of students & parents that get notices sent home, ya know?

I will try to dig up both the flyer & a picture of the sign tomorrow.

My GUESS about the truck was that she just wanted to be prepared in the event she could take the project at 10am. Since she didn't stay, it would make sense that she would need to pick up the project at some point. Contacting the teacher about that, seems to make sense, right?

Here's a question, suppose she was told it needed to be picked up that day, if she was busy murdering & dumping Kyron, how would she fit that in? To me the e-mail is only odd IF she is guilty, if not, it makes complete sense.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

*Snipped

Although the school usually opens at 8:35 a.m. and the final bell rings 10 minutes later, the school opened as early as 8 Friday for the science fair, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools.

Other students and parents showed up early as well to check out the fair, and Terri and Kyron saw people they knew while looking at the exhibits, Carol Moulton said.

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

*KJ* wrote:
Justice4all wrote:This is the first I heard that the school was open to the public until 10. I wonder if the flyer was a misprint and the school told the public they had to leave at 8:45 or if Terri just decided to leave early because she had already seen Kyron's display and a few others.

The sign out front of the school also announced the fair 8-10...I don't think the sign is for the benefit of students & parents that get notices sent home, ya know?

My GUESS about the truck was that she just wanted to be prepared in the event she could take the project at 10am. Since she didn't stay, it would make sense that she would need to pick up the project at some point. Contacting the teacher about that, seems to make sense, right?

Here's a question, suppose she was told it needed to be picked up that day, if she was busy murdering & dumping Kyron, how would she fit that in? To me the e-mail is only odd IF she is guilty, if not, it makes complete sense.

Unless that is how Terri normally communicated with the teacher? Then it wouldn't be odd.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/student-transportation/1409.htm

Bus Drivers have to pass Backround Check and FBI fingerprint check (in case anyone was wondering):

Student Transportation Driver Requirements
School buses are one of the safest modes of transportation in this country. Part of that reason is the stringent certification and ongoing training requirements for school bus drivers.

To initially become a school bus driver in Oregon you must:

1.Successfully complete application and interview process.
2.Acquire Commercial Driver Instruction Permit (CDL).
1.Must pass DMV CDL C written test.
2.Must pass DMV CDL C passenger endorsement written test.
3.Must pass DMV CDL S school bus passenger endorsement test.
3.Pass driving and Oregon criminal record checks.
4.Complete and pass the FBI fingerprinting process.
5.Successfully complete a DOT physical.
6.Pass drug and alcohol screening test.
7.Successfully complete agility test.
8.Complete a minimum of fifteen hours of Behind The Wheel (BTW) training.
9.Pass DMV BTW test.
10.Receive CDL license and Oregon Department of Education (ODE) School Bus Driver's permit.
11.YOU MAY NOW START TRANSPORTING STUDENTS
12.Complete the following classroom training within 120 days of receiving ODE permit:
1.First Aid (6 hours)
2.Core Training (8 hours)
3.Smith System Defensive Driving (6 hours)
13.Receive ODE School Bus Driver's Certificate
To maintain your ability to be a school bus driver in Portland Public Schools you must:

1.Renew your ODE School Bus Driver's Certificate every two years if under 55 years of age and ever year
at 55 years of age and older (ODE requirement)
2.Maintain minimum ODE training hours requirement at time of certificate renewal
1.Three year driver - 24 hours of ODE approved classroom training
2.Four year or more driver - 32 hours of ODE approved classroom training
3.Successfully complete annual driver's performance appraisal
4.Receive regular monitoring of driving record through the DMV D.A.V.E. flagging system
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:54 pm

sitemama wrote:Even if the kids were divided into groups of 5, and asssigned a parent as a guide, there were still lots of parents/adults running loose in the school. If the school has 300 students, there would have been atleast 60 adults.

I dont' know where the 60 comes from...but if you just mean there could have been lots of parents still lingering about...it would seem so!

Now, I can't imagine this is the first time thy've done this...so they MUST have forseen the fact that some students would stay with parents and some would not. And that's likely ok, BUT how would the school know WHO was with their parent durint the tour & who was to be guided? THey are afterall responsible for these kids...I'm sure they thought of this.

Was the school under the impression that Terri was staying until 10? We haven't heard this, so I'm guessing not.

So there must have been some kind of rough attendence or something before 10...either Mrs Porter knew Kyron should have been in the groups or assumed he was with Terri...

If there was no organization in that regard, HOLY COW! Because ANYONE that knows how this fair works, ANYONE, could have slipped in there that day! And I could see why that school would want to cover butt right now!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Thought this might be of interest:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/facilities/2748.htm

Day Care:

PPS Home > Departments > Facilities & Asset Management > Civic Use of Buildings/Property Management

Property Management Department

Our department manages the leasing and sales of District facilities, short term use of classrooms, gyms, and other space under the CUB program, and works to implement District policies and related use and disposition of District properties. Funds from sales and leases of District property support the District's general fund.

The District's facilities are available through the Civic Use of Buildings Office for after-hours use by groups and organizations such as day-care providers, neighborhood associations, athletic clubs, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), and more.
Rental fees are charged to help the District recover part of its cost to provide community access to it's buildings. Each year, thousands of people host community and athletic events in our schools. We’re proud to provide this important asset to Portlanders.

We work closely with the District’s administrators, principals, and staff, as well as our counterparts at the City of Portland, Multnomah County, the State of Oregon and other agencies on facility related issues.

For short-term temporary or occasional rentals of District properties, contact Civic Use of Buildings, 503-916-3268 or 503-916-3156.
For information on leases or sales of District property, call 503-916-3256.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:59 pm

*KJ*

Didn't we come across an article previously where one of the teachers said it was complete chaos at the school?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Calypso wrote:
*KJ* wrote:

Unless that is how Terri normally communicated with the teacher? Then it wouldn't be odd.

I think you may have misunderstood...I mean the e-mail is not odd at all...because I don't think she was off murdering Kyron...it's only out of place, being concerned about the project that she was 'supposed' to pick up that day in the truck, if she was for some reason trying to make it look as though she followed through on her reason for taking the truck that day.

did that make sense?

I think she didn't stay until 10 as she had intended, for some reason, then contacted the school later about when it should be picked up.

I don't know if this e-mail is real or if it got a response...but my guess would be that they didn't expect all the kids to be able to get their projects out of the school that day, afterall some of them take the bus, and some have parents that went in to work late to be at the school earlier in the morning, and some plain old don't have that kind of flexibility with their employer...so I'm sure there was a window...

so if she did get a response: Kiara's sleeping, no need to wake her, she figures she'll get it next week or whatever as she's running errands, or whatever.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Calypso wrote:*KJ*

Didn't we come across an article previously where one of the teachers said it was complete chaos at the school?

I remember that word, but don't recall it being a teacher, I could have missed it too...hmmmm, try googling it????

I need to hit the hay...night all - nice chatting today, thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

KJ
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm trying to locate that article where a teacher, or parent, said it was chaos at the school that day. I'm almost sure it was a teacher.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 839314

Talk to ya tomorrow, *KJ*
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Day 3: FBI calls in criminal profiler in search for missing Skyline boy; interviews with students and parents begin

Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 2:14 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:01 PM

The FBI has brought a vast array of resources to help the search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman today including launching its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team. It's a regional team although they have flown in members from across the country, including a Quantico-based profiler who is on-site to help develop a complete profile of the boy.

3:30 p.m. Carole Smith, superintendent of Portland Public Schools, appeared at the press briefing to say her heart and the hearts of all the district personnel go out to Kyron and his family. She outlined a series of immediate steps which she said the district will take to address the second-grader's disappearance, which she called "unprecedented and deeply troubling."

In addition to assigning a crisis response team to Skyline Elementary Monday with counselors available for children, the district also plans to assign two school resource officers to enhance security at the school.

The district will immediately mandate the use of the automated call system at all district K-8 schools to notify parents when a child is absent without prior notice. Now the system operates in 37 of the district's 57 K-8s although it operates in all the high schools.

Smith said it would take a week to get the automatic system operating in all schools, so in the meantime staff will personally call home if a student is absent without prior notice to the school.

She said the policy of requiring all staff, contractors and visitors to wear badges inside the school will be strictly enforced and any visitors who fail to comply will be asked to leave.

A counseling hotline (503-916-3931) will be staffed by 8:30 a.m. Monday to answer questions or offer help district-wide.

Smith said a team of school district leaders as well as representatives from the teacher's union will review all arrival and dismissal practices to see where they could be improved.

2 p.m. -- Heavy rains have turned to lighter showers as a Yamhil County search and rescue team prepared to give reporters on a glimpse of the grid searching going on within a 2-mile radius of Skyline Elementary School.

1:50 p.m. -- The Oregonian's Stuart Tomlinson produced a video of today's developments outside the school.

1:29 p.m. -- Neighbors stop by Brooks Hill Historic church, across the street from the school, to mull over the investigation. "This kind of thing is unheard of," says Jim Kelley, 50.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

12:10 p.m. -- Relatives have begun distributing missing person fliers with a photo of Kyron and this description: "3' 8" tall, 50 pounds, blue eyes, brown hair. Last seen wearing black cargo pants, white socks, and worn black Skecher Tennis shoes with orange trim." In the accompanying photograph, taken at the science fair on the morning he disappeared, Kyron is wearing a dark-colored t-shirt with the "CSI" show logo.

The same information was also posted yesterday to helpfindmychild.net, a UK-based missing child site.

If it sounds familiar, contact the Multnomah County Sheriff's Tip Line at 503-261-2847, or call 9-1-1.

11:45 a.m. -- Counselors and support staff plan to gather at Skyline's K-8th grade school northwest of Portland first thing Monday morning, said Portland Public School District spokesman Matt Shelby. Overwhelmed students will have access to a "safe room" for additional counseling support.

"It's been hard for the students, hard for the parents, hard for the staff," Shelby said. "We're going to try and have as normal a day as we can tomorrow."

The school year is scheduled to end in 10 days.

11:35 a.m. -- Schools spokesman Shelby says parents were notified of the all-day Sunday debriefing with police and federal agents via a robocall Saturday. The oldest students at the school began to arrive at 10 a.m.; kindergarteners and first grade students are set to arrive with parents later in the afternoon.

11:10 a.m. -- Vickie Coghill, a 35-year resident of Portland's Skyline area, pointed to the billboard outside the school, which reads "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show, Coghill said.

"Something like this ripples through everyone," she said. "It's very frustrating. You want to help, but how?"

10:35: a.m. -- Today's search by 58 trained volunteers with sheriff's departments in Washington, Multnomah, Clark and Yamhill counties, coupled with additional searchers from Portland Mountain Rescue, Silver City, and Portland Northwest Search and Rescue, was expected to continue into the night, said Sgt. Diana Olsen, incident commander for Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue.

10:25 a.m. -- Saturday's search of the school, its immediate grounds, and the two mile-route between Kyron's home and the school yielded no clues, said Multnomah County incident commander Olsen.

"I'm hoping we will have completed a two-mile radius today of homes and fields, outbuildings, barns, tunnels, railroad tracks," Olsen said.

10:11 a.m. -- A Portland Public School District spokesman is enroute to the school, where counselors will be on hand Monday to help the children and teachers cope with the disappearance. The Multnomah County Search and Rescue coordinator arrives to speak with reporters.

9:48 a.m. -- The search for Kyron continues this morning as the first of 300 students and their parents return to Skyline Elementary to review details of the day the boy went missing.

Fifty detectives are on-hand to begin interviews at 10 a.m. continuing until 4 p.m.

Photo courtesy of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Kyron Horman9:33 a.m. -- Lt. Mary Lindstrand, public information officer for the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, implored the public to come forward with any information they have about Kyron. She urged people not to let weather keep them from coming forward.
"Our basis mission is to bring Kyron home," she said.

Authorities made no progress in the search for Kyron, which was suspended overnight but is resuming today with a 2-square-mile grid search. The massive effort to find the second-grader involves four county sheriff's departments, the Portland Police Bureau and a large number of federal agents with the FBI. So far, the search hasn't turned up any clues about the child's whereabouts.

Kyron Horman
The Oregonian's continuing coverage of missing second-grader Kyron Horman.The boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, took him to school Friday morning and the two walked through a science fair. Kyron showed off his project on the red-eyed tree frog and by 8:45 a.m. Kyron waved goodbye to Horman outside of his classroom. At some point after that, the boy's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked Kyron absent. It was not until 3:30 p.m., when she realized her stepson was not on the school bus, that Horman discovered he had been absent all day. She then called 9-1-1.

-- Noelle Crombie and Kimberly A.C. Wilson
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Investigators Sifting Through Hundreds Of Tips
Portland Second-Grader Missing Since Friday Morning

POSTED: 6:50 am PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 2:59 pm PDT June 10, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Investigators looking for 7-year-old Kyron Horman released few new details Monday about his disappearance but pleaded for more tips from the public on the fourth day of the search effort.

Multnomah County Capt. Jason Gates said investigators are sifting through more than 1,200 leads collected from a tip line set up by the sheriff's office. New tips are steadily coming in, Gates said, and span Oregon and Washington.

"We're following up on each and every one," Gates said. "Every tip, no matter how insignificant, could be the tip we need … The tips will find Kyron."

More than 22 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies have joined the search effort. During an afternoon news conference Monday, Gates said search and rescue crews continued to scour new locations and investigators interviewed families and school workers. As of Monday evening, sheriff's deputies said they interviewed 90 percent of the children at the school.

"I feel that we're closer today based on the fact that we're getting leads that we're following up on," Gates said.

Gates said the last time Kyron was seen was at 9 a.m. Friday at Skyline Elementary School, but there have also been reports that a classmate saw Kyron in what Sheriff Dan Staton said was the "late-morning hours."

He would not comment on who last saw Kyron.

Gates was visibly emotional when he relayed a message during a news conference Monday morning.

"Kyron, we're going to bring you home, buddy," Gates said. "Nothing is more important to your family, your friends and to us. All the personnel we have here is working around the clock since Friday. We are not going to stop."

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matthew Shelby said district officials are trying to create a "semblance" of a normal day for Skyline students. Forty-five students were absent Monday -- which is higher than normal -- but Shelby said "a lot are choosing to be here."

Counselors and a "safe room" were made available to students and school workers. Substitute teachers were also on hand to support faculty.

Shelby was tight-lipped about the investigation, but said Skyline does not have surveillance video cameras.

Kyron attended a school science fair with his stepmother the morning he disappeared. Shelby said the school normally requires visitors and guests to sign in and wear a visitor badge, but did not comment if that was the case Friday morning.

Authorities released more pictures of the boy Monday, including images of his artwork.

The FBI called in its child abduction rapid deployment team Sunday as the search teams scoured the area between Kyron's school and his home. Meanwhile, hundreds of students, parents and school staff were interviewed by detectives in an effort to fill every gap of the timeline on the day he disappeared.

"Given the passage of time and the weather, we are characterizing this case as a missing endangered child," Staton said.

FBI agents were stopping cars outside the school and asking drivers if they may have any information about the second-grader's disappearance.

Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended the school science fair Friday morning and a photo released to media showed Kyron smiling in front of his project about a red-eyed tree frog. Deputies said she watched him walk off toward his classroom.

Moulton Horman only became aware of her son's disappearance when Kyron did not turn up at his school bus stop near his house at 3:45 p.m. that day. She called the school, which in turn searched the grounds and then called the nonemergency dispatch line to report Kyron as missing.

"It's strange how the child just seems to have simply vanished," said Jim Kelley, who lives near the school. "It's a parent's worst nightmare. It's unthinkable."

The superintendent of Portland Public Schools did not release any information about whether Kyron was marked absent at school or whether his absence was reported to family that day, but the second-grade student's disappearance has already sparked changes in school district policy.

All elementary schools in the school district will begin use of the automated attendance call system so that "families will be notified of any unexcused absence during the day the absence is recorded," said Superintendent Carole Smith.

It will take about one week for the system to be implemented at the schools, including Skyline, and, in the meantime, staff will manually make the calls.

Shelby said the district is also looking at a better way to manage semi-public events, such as school science fairs.

Kyron lives a few miles away from the school with his father, Kaine Horman, stepmother, stepbrother and stepsister.

The sheriff's office has kept in close contact with Kyron's family, who have yet to comment to media. Gates said the family will speak publicly when they think it'll be "useful to the case."

Kyron was described by the president of the PTA as a "timid, sweet boy."

"He's not the kind of child that would just go out of school, go searching or wandering around," said Gina Zimmerman, the president of the PTA.

Authorities asked people who live nearby the school to search their property again for any clues about the disappearance.

Skyline School is located at 11536 NW Skyline Blvd. in a rural area of northwest Portland.

Anyone who may have any information on Kyron’s whereabouts is asked to call 503-261-2847. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with the CSI logo on it and dark cargo pants. He is 3 feet 8 inches tall and 50 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 am

Police Give Subtle Clues in Kyron Horman Disappearance

Posted by Jmartens on Jun 8th, 2010

Tuesday marks the 5th day that Kyron Horman has been missing and the latest news has provided no new information to curious Oregonians praying for his return. But that doesn’t mean that police haven’t learned more and more every day and it certainly doesn’t mean they don’t know what might have happened to Kyron.

The Multnomah County Sheriffs Office has held twice daily news breifings and have had few details for those listening. Reading between the lines, however, can tell us a lot.

First, the principal of Skyline, speaking along the police, classified the search as a criminal investigation. This likely means they have ruled out the idea that Kyron walked away from the school on his own. [color=red Authorities know something that tells them Kyron was forced to leave Skyline Elementary. [/color]

The FBI was called in very early on in the investigation. The have since posted an alert at FBI.gov to warn Americans that Kyron is in danger. The FBI has also brought in a profiler, along the lines of the popular TV show Criminal Minds. Not something you’d expect the FBI to do if they believed that Kyron was simply missing in the woods or taken by a family member.

Additionally, it is well known that that Kyron’s step mother dropped him off at school at 8:30am on Friday. She has told police that the last time she saw the 7 year old is when she left at 8:45am. Now, police have communicated that someone saw Kyron at 9am but they refuse to say who, where at and what the circumstances where. The 9am event and mystery witness may hold the key to what happened to Kyron that fateful morning.

Finally, in the Tuesday noon press briefing by the Multnomah County Sheriffs office, Cpt Jason Gates refused to answer key questions from reporters. These questions included “is there any indication that a stranger was inside Skyline Elementary on Friday morning” and “Are searchers now focusing on specific search areas now rather than all the area around Skyline Elementary?” His standard response was to say that he could not give out those details. Does this mean there are details to give out?

So what have authorities learned over the past 5 days of investigation? It seems they have learned enough to eliminate the idea that Kyron left on his own, enough to focus on specific geographic areas in their search and enough to avoid questions about the presence of a stranger inside Skyline Elementary school on Friday morning, June 4th.

This is good news in way, it means that law enforcement is doing their job and getting closer to finding Kyron.

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/08/police-give-subtle-clues-in-kyron-horman-disappearance/
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:10 am

Search for missing second-grader enters 5th day

By Gabriel Falcon, CNN
June 9, 2010 8:48 p.m. EDT

Here's where they made the switch that no-one saw Kyron after 0845hrs

(CNN) -- The search for a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is now in its fifth day.

Police said they are not ready to call Kyron Horman's disappearance a criminal investigation yet, while the boy's parents have indicated they will release a statement to the public sometime Wednesday.

"We're not prepared to call it a criminal investigation at this point," Captain Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told reporters Tuesday, "But we are certainly prepared to call it a missing endangered child investigation."

He also narrowed the scope of the incident.

"What I can tell you is that we have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case," Gates said.

Kyron was reported missing by his stepmother Friday afternoon after he did not return home from school, authorities said.

According to investigators, Kyron's stepmother said she last saw him Friday morning walking down a hallway towards his second-grade classroom at Skyline Elementary School.

The school was holding a science fair at the time, officials said.

"We can tell you that we have completed 99 percent of the interviews with the children at Skyline Elementary School," Gates said. "We've also completed the majority of interviews with the staff and parents at Skyline."

The sheriff's office said no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

Authorities continue to pursue hundreds of tips, most of them from Oregon and Washington.

"The leads that are being provided would not suggest that it would be a national search at this point," Gates said.

"We don't have enough information to satisfy the criteria to complete an Amber Alert or issue an Amber Alert," Gates explained. "Amber Alerts are designed to find children very quickly when we have specific information."

Anyone with information on Kyron Horman's whereabouts is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at 503-261-2847

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?eref=ib_topstories
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 am

Classmate: 'I Hope My Best Friend Comes Back'
Kyron Horman Last Seen Friday Morning

POSTED: 7:06 am PDT June 9, 2010
UPDATED: 8:24 am PDT June 9, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A statement from the parents of a missing 7-year-old boy is expected to come sometime Wednesday as investigators wrap up the final interviews of parents, students and staff at Skyline School.

Second-grader Kyron Horman disappeared from his rural northwest Portland school Friday.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said Kyron's stepmother brought him to school for a school science fair and last saw Kyron near his classroom at about 8:45 a.m.

Tanner Pumala, Kyron's classmate, said he last saw his friend at about the same time when Kyron told him he was headed to look at another student's science project.

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, 'Hi, Kyron,' and he's like, 'Hi. I'm going to go see this cool one. It's electric.' I'm like, 'Alright, bye.' And that's the last time I saw him," Tanner said. "He never did make it back to class."

As the search for Kyron enters its sixth day, Tanner said his friend's disappearance is all he can think about.

"I'm feeling really sad. For the last five days, I haven't gotten much sleep," he said. "I'm hoping that my best friend will come back."

Classes at Skyline School continued as scheduled Tuesday. Tanner said he and fellow students have spent time in class writing letters to Kyron and piling them on his desk.

"If we ever do find him, it's going to be hard for him to go on the bus with all of his stuff," Tanner said. "He has a pile of stuff with a great, big teddy bear."

Crews combed miles of land in northwest Portland and beyond Tuesday. When asked if Kyron could still be alive five days after he vanished, Gates said it's a possibility.

"Stranger things have happened," he said.

Kyron lives near Skyline School with his father, stepmother, stepsister and stepbrother.

His biological mother, Desiree Horman, lives in Medford, but is in Portland to help with the search.

"I'm really concentrating on finding Kyron," she said when reached for comment over the phone. "We're just trying to get his face out there and finding him is our top priority."

While Kyron has been missing for five days, authorities have not said what they believe happened to him. However, Gates said in a news conference that the case is an isolated incident and other children are not at risk.

The sheriff's office has planned a news conference for noon Wednesday. FOX 12 and KPTV.com will carry the news conference live.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 am

Here I am, burning the midnight oil so
you guys can sleep, man!
Very Happy

Kyron's Parents Field Questions By E-mail

POSTED: 9:56 pm PDT July 5, 2010
UPDATED: 4:04 pm PDT July 6, 2010

Q: Was Kaine working from home the day Kyron went missing? If so, when did Terri get home from the school?

A: KAINE – No, I was in the office that day until about 1:45 and arrived back home a little after 2pm. Terri was already in the house, on her laptop, when I arrived. I kissed Kiara, grabbed some food, and worked from my home office until about 3:30 at which time I put shoes on Kiara and we started walking down toward the bus stop.

In all the other articles, it is stated Terri went to the bus stop. Here we have Kaine kissing kiara, eatting, working, and putting shoes on the baby and walking to the bus stop. Terri isn't mentioned.

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?

A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:16 am

This was a comment from a blogger. Scroll to bottom of the comments section.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june042010/missing_boy.php

Jamie from Skyline June 4, 2010 9:15 pm (Pacific time)

I go to school with Kyron. I am 13 and in the 7th grade at Skyline. My little sister is in Kyrons class. We are all sad and we have told our friends and family. I posted it all over Facebook hoping for help. Some of my friends know things about it and have a few suspicions. So do my family and I. We have reported most of it to the police already.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 am

Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search

Published: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 10:00 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:20 PM
BY NOELLE CROMBIE, KIMBERLY A.C. WILSON and STUART TOMLINSON

The investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman, the bespectacled 7-year-old last seen inside Skyline School on Friday morning, stretches into a fourth day today with the boy's whereabouts still a mystery.

Share Sunday, as Kyron's family ordered fliers carrying the boy's description and smiling face, authorities continued investigating his disappearance, calling in more than 65 detectives from various police agencies and nearly 60 trained searchers.

"Our basic mission is to bring Kyron home," said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Late Sunday, Multnomah County Sheriff Daniel Staton issued a status report and raised the case level to increase public interest and focus. He said additional searches and interviews are planned, but he declined to discuss strategy or specifics of the investigation.

“Given the passage of time and the weather, we are characterizing this case as a missing endangered child,” he said.

Hundreds of Skyline students and their parents streamed into the school throughout the day for interviews with investigators, who wanted to know whether students spotted anything unusual at school Friday.

Kyron Horman
The Oregonian's continuing coverage of missing second-grader Kyron Horman.Police remain stymied as to what happened to the second-grader, described by his grandmother as dreamy, sweet and a bit timid.
His stepmother said she last saw him at 8:45 a.m. Friday. She watched him walk toward his classroom after the pair toured the school's science fair.

During police interviews Sunday,
a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

At some point that morning, Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked the boy as absent. But it wasn't until 3:30 p.m. -- when his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, met the school bus -- that she discovered Kyron had been absent from school.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Empty Terri Horman spoke to CBS??

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 am

This is my last post of the evening.

I found this rather odd, considering how, to my knowledge, Terri Horman has NEVER spoken to the press. Perhaps someone can try and hunt this down? (Possibly a video on YouTube.com or in a written article)

Kyron Horman Still Missing After Science Fair: Skyline Elementary

by Amy Judd June 7, 2010 at 11:43 am

The FBI Has Joined the Search For Seven-Year-Old Kyron Horman Who is Still Missing Since Friday June 4

Seven-year-old Kyron Horman (photo) went missing on Friday June 4 after a science fair held at Skyline Elementary School in Portland Oregon and although classes at the school have resumed on Monday, extra security has been put in place.

Kyron was with his stepmom Terri Moulton Horman on Friday morning and she told CBS that at around 8:45am she left Kyron in the school and said he was walking towards his classroom. When she went to collect him off the school bus at the end of the day he never appeared. When his stepmom and his father called the school they discovered that Kryon had not even been in school at all that day but they had not been told of this fact.

The police have not declared the case a kidnapping at this time.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/kyron-horman-still-missing-after-science-fair-skyline-elementary-2625908.html
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:42 am

Friend of Terri's spotted near Kyron's home when he vanished

by Frank Mungeam, KGW.com Staff
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:32 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Horman, was doing gardening work not far from the family's home in Northwest Portland on the day Kyron Horman disappeared, KGW has learned from a reliable source. Spicher reportedly left where she was working at 11:15 a.m. on June 4 and returned around 1 p.m.

The person who owns the house, who is cooperating with investigators, told them she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who is also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period.

Sources tell KGW that police searched Spicher's home last week. Spicher has known Terri and Kaine for about seven years.

Family pleads with Spicher to cooperate

Thursday evening, the parents of Kyron Horman issued a public plea to DeDe Spicher, naming her in a written statement that says police have informed them Spicher has been in "close communication" with Terri Moulton-Horman since Kyron went missing, and that Spicher has been "providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son."

The statement from the family went on to say that police tell the family Spicher "is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

The family statement implored Spicher to tell what she knows about Kyron's disappearance, and threatens the possibility of civil action if she does not. Read: Family statement

Earlier Thursday, KGW learned from sources that police have searched Spicher's home and the homes of two other friends of Terri Moulton Horman's in the past week.

http://www.kgw.com/home/DeDe-Spicher-99077874.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 am

Missing boy's family: Possible tipster not helping police

By NIGEL DUARA and STEVEN DUBOIS Associated Press Writer
Story Published: Jul 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 22, 2010 at 11:11 PM PDT

Comments (36)PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The birth parents of a missing 7-year-old Portland boy are pleading with a reported friend of the boy's stepmother to cooperate with investigators.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young said Thursday they have been told by police that the stepmother, Terri Horman, has been getting advice "not in the best interests of our son" from a woman named DeDe Spicher.

Little Kyron Horman vanished June 4 after a science fair at his elementary school. His stepmother is the last person known to have seen him. She has not been named a suspect or person of interest.

The Oregonian on Thursday quoted a neighbor of Spicher named Kyle Gilpin, who said he returned from work on July 15 to find men wearing FBI jackets at Spicher's condominium.

"They were in and out of her condo," Gilpin told the newspaper.

Spicher did not immediately respond to an Associated Press e-mail request for comment. No phone number could be found for her.

"(Spicher) has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son," the boy's biological parents wrote in their statement, which was also signed by the boy's stepfather, Tony Young, a Medford police detective. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

Multnomah County sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Lindstrand declined to comment on the newspaper report or the family's e-mail.

The family members also said in the statement that they will consider "civil remedies" against Spicher if she caused a delay in finding Kyron.

The accusation from Kyron's family comes more than a month after investigators deemed his disappearance a criminal matter. Kaine Horman filed for divorce from Terri Horman about two weeks later. He also sought a restraining order in which he said he believes Terri Horman was involved in the disappearance.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young have since publicly urged Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators.

On Thursday, Multnomah County commissioners approved District Attorney Michael Schrunk's request for an extra $196,000 for his office's investigation into Kyron's disappearance.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton told commissioners the case has so far cost $365,000 and said investigators have seized 200 sets of records and are sifting through the 3,000 leads that have been generated.

The sheriff said that Terri Horman, who has moved 175 miles away to Roseburg, has "not refused" any requests from his detectives. Her lawyer, Stephen Houze, has not returned repeated calls for comment in the case.

http://www.komonews.com/news/99077059.html
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 am

So Terri is cooperating then, according to the sheriff - snipped from above.

The sheriff said that Terri Horman, who has moved 175 miles away to Roseburg, has "not refused" any requests from his detectives

Are they stating there is a group of people involved?

"(Spicher) has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son," the boy's biological parents wrote in their statement, which was also signed by the boy's stepfather, Tony Young, a Medford police detective. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:42 am

Justice4all wrote:Friend of Terri's spotted near Kyron's home when he vanished

by Frank Mungeam, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:32 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Horman, was doing gardening work not far from the family's home in Northwest Portland on the day Kyron Horman disappeared, KGW has learned from a reliable source. Spicher reportedly left where she was working at 11:15 a.m. on June 4 and returned around 1 p.m.

The person who owns the house, who is cooperating with investigators, told them she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who is also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period.

Sources tell KGW that police searched Spicher's home last week. Spicher has known Terri and Kaine for about seven years.

Family pleads with Spicher to cooperate

Thursday evening, the parents of Kyron Horman issued a public plea to DeDe Spicher, naming her in a written statement that says police have informed them Spicher has been in "close communication" with Terri Moulton-Horman since Kyron went missing, and that Spicher has been "providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son."

The statement from the family went on to say that police tell the family Spicher "is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

The family statement implored Spicher to tell what she knows about Kyron's disappearance, and threatens the possibility of civil action if she does not. Read: Family statement

Earlier Thursday, KGW learned from sources that police have searched Spicher's home and the homes of two other friends of Terri Moulton Horman's in the past week.

http://www.kgw.com/home/DeDe-Spicher-99077874.html

HOLY CRAP!

The only thing I can say at this moment is: Is rediculous to believe that someone is saying "don't cooperate"...she may be saying something that amounts to that, but I'm sure she is not using the word "cooperate"...and at this point after watching what has happened with Terri, I'd be a little leary of getting involved.

Time will tell...this does NOT look good!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 am

Terri's friend, DeDe Spicher

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Dedesp10
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 am

clipped from above.... DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Horman, was doing gardening work not far from the family's home in Northwest Portland on the day Kyron Horman disappeared, KGW has learned from a reliable source. Spicher reportedly left where she was working at 11:15 a.m. on June 4 and returned around 1 p.m.

How about she went to lunch and just because those 2 people didn't know where she ate lunch, they, therefore, have no idea where she was exactly?

I wish the media had asked if the person working with DeDe had any idea WHY DeDe left?

Missing pieces and misleading media make me sick!
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 am

Yes, and they are always un-named.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 am

The title of the article states friend was "spotted" near Terri's home, when actually the job was close to Terri's home.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

Piper wrote:So Terri is cooperating then, according to the sheriff - snipped from above.

The sheriff said that Terri Horman, who has moved 175 miles away to Roseburg, has "not refused" any requests from his detectives

Are they stating there is a group of people involved?

It would take a real dumbass to go around telling every Tom, Dick and Harry "If anyone asks you about Kyron's disappearance, don't cooperate!"

Sounds like more BS to me.

I can see Terri's friend talking to others about how LE and Dez and Kaine are trying to pin this on Terri and maybe saying to be careful and not incriminate her by telling stories about Terri that LE might try to make something out of where nothing really exists. But to come right out and say Don't cooperate? That doesn't sound right.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 am

Piper wrote:The title of the article states friend was "spotted" near Terri's home, when actually the job was close to Terri's home.

Yep! Isn't that awful the way the media misleads?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 am

Here is the sign outside, I'm still looking for the PTA flyer:

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Picture
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 am

Homes of Terri Horman's friends searched

by David Krough, KGW.com Staff
kgw.com
Posted on July 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:39 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Sources tell KGW police have searched the homes of three friends of Kyron Horman's step-mother in the past week to look for evidence in the case.

One of those friends has been identified by Kyron's parents as DeDe Spicher, and they say she has information about Terri Moulton-Horman's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4. The family statement also says Spicher is not cooperating with the investigation. More: Spicher seen near Horman home June 4

Sources tell KGW one of Terri's friends may have violated a judge’s orders by seeing a then-sealed restraining order, filed against Terri by Kyron's father Kaine Horman.

Two of the homes were in Tualatin. A third search warrant at an undiclosed location was executed Thursday. Sources tell KGW investigators decided to obtain the search warrants after examining cell phone records, emails and conducting surveillance. All three friends had spent "significant" amount of time with Terri since the case began, sources said.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Source-Tualatin-homes-of-Terri-Hormans-friends-searched-kyron-missing-portland-99062069.html#comments
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 am

*KJ* wrote:Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 33ct4l1

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 2jfax6s

Ok, I don't know how to post an interactive aerial map, sorry...but if you google & zoom in and go around the whole school...I see only one spot above a door that has a window like the one we saw in that media shot of Kyron's class room door...that is on the left hand side of the school that leads out to the field (maybe #213).

However, as I mentioned there are a few reports that put this exit near the rear parking lot. If that is true than Kyron's class is on the right hand side of the school, which is the same place as the gym. This would make Kyron's class either #203 or #201...which is RIGHT across the hall from the gym. So, if Terri waved from the area of the front exit, on the other side of #203, then Kyron very well could have taken a left into the gym instead of a right into his classroom that morning.

However, if his room is actually on the other side of the school, this would be les likely.

From Calypso's post above....During police interviews Sunday,
a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

This location of Kyron's classroom doesn't fit Room 213 that was also said was Kyron's classroom by reporters. For this to be true, Kyron's classroom should have been on the basement level....

Why so much confusion over where his classroom was?

And here's something else...if exhibits were set up in the gym, why was Kyron's (and others from his classroom) set up IN the classroom? Why weren't all the exhibits in the gym?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:36 am

I was up last night thinking about Kyron and this crazy case - I don't think we have ever seen a case where the parents were involved that took this long to uncover clear evidence of their involvement. What I mean by that is that I am still leaning towards a stranger abduction - or at least not a parent abduction. Until LE comes forward w/ CONCRETE evidence that Terri did this - I will try to remain open minded about her alleged involvement. I guess that's why there is so many comparisons of this case to Jon Benet - because so many ppl suspected Patty for so long... and the case remains unsolved for this day. The media crucified them too - for me personally, it was Haleigh's case the opened my eyes to the role that journalism plays in these investigations. Once the media has picked out the perp, LE follows suit, and down the path we go.

I can't see this lady saying "don't cooperate" to Terri in those terms - but maybe she is telling Terri to not talk to the media - because, let's face it, it will only make it worse for her if she does... ppl will be analyzing every word she says... LE has said AGAIN that Terri is cooperating/ not refusing their requests to meet - so I'm sure we'll see a rebuttal from Desiree pretty soon - telling us contrary to LE's statements that terri is NOT cooperating.

terri's whereabouts have still not been released. Neither has any other family member's except for maybe Kaine - I think I saw that he was at work until around 1:30 that afternoon?

Also, remember there was an article about how 3 of Terri's friends WERE trying to get her to tell her side of the story to media - and now we see that 3 friends homes (maybe the same friends, maybe not) are now being searched. So what message does that send - that if you talk to terri, you're going to be a suspect in this case??
Guilt by association I presume... but IMO, NO ONE should escape questioning... have Kaine's friends been interrogated and their homes searched? how about Desiree's friends and Tony's friends??? just curious...

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 am

Goodmorning, Tish,

Another thing I was thinking is Tony's a cop/detective. Perhaps someone had it in for him who he sent to prison.

Not very likely, but a possibility none the less.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:53 am

Actually, LE has used the "Divide and Conquer" approach with Kaine and Terri. It seems they are using this with Terri and her friends now. Trying to disband Terri's support group.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #2 - Page 4 Empty Kyrons classroom

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:04 am

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron's classroom on June 7th, 2010.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 am

I have a few questions:
How do Kaine and Dez know what Terri and her friends are talking about?

They have nothing to do with Terri, so how do they know what advice her friends are giving her?

Why does LE keep saying Terri has co-operated fully, and D & K keep saying she is not?

Why do D & K say Terri's friends are not talking nor co-operating with LE, when we know their homes have been searched and LE has spoken with them?

sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am

Calypso wrote:Actually, LE has used the "Divide and Conquer" approach with Kaine and Terri. It seems they are using this with Terri and her friends now. Trying to disband Terri's support group.

I don't like this approach at all!

Granted I'm not LE, and I'm not privy to a LOT of info, but it seems to me that IF they want more from her, IF they think she's involved, it'd be better to let her think she's not under any suspicion...it'd be better to keep her close and not at a defensive stance...but everything that is going on would seem to counter that...which in a way makes me think that they are NOT suspecting her, but clearly they are.

I don't know what the truth is here, and I honestly hope that they are not being as narrow minded as it seems the public is.

I will also say that it is somewhat unusual that Terri's friend has made these sorts of statements. I DO agree that she likely didn't put it out there like "don't cooperate" it was likely more along the lines of "be careful and watch what you step in"...but even at that, you gotta consider the fact that there is a child in the middle of all of this, NO ONE should be above suspicion and to suggest to ANYONE that they should be less than forthcoming does fly in the face of that.

However, I am going to remain critical of this until we have more information to explain the exact nature of the conversations...lord knows it could have been taken WAY out of context.

Also, wanted to just point out another curious coinky-dink...the landscaper/MFH plot and now the gardener/withhold info plot.

I have to wonder if these 2 know eachother.

I haven't decided whether I believe the MFH plot either. I have my suspicions that it was simply some ramblings of a suspicious wife who said somethign to the effect of, I'd give all the money I have in the bank to kill this guy for cheating on me...we use the phase 'I wanna kill_______' so loosely that I think it would be easy to misinterpret if a person is outside our culture. We don't know that this is the case with this LS, but it's been said that he is...so that's just one more thing I'm kinda holding out for more on.

But as these little things mount, it does get harder not to slip off the fense.

Next week the Sheriff will be holding a press conference, hopefully we'll get some answers then!
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am

KJ: ....."Next week the Sheriff will be holding a press conference, hopefully we'll get some answers then!..."

I am doubtful about that, KJ (and welcome by the way). LE seems to give their info to Kaine and Desiree, who then "leak" it to us with their own spin. What LE has actually said in pubic is basically that they don't think it's a stranger abduction (sound familiar?) and for everyone not to worry, there's not a kiddynapper on the loose in Portland. I wonder if they know anything at all, other than the now pubic seedy details of a very sad family life and the fact that Kyron seems to have vanished into thin air.

Hoping for news,
kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 am

Search for Kyron Horman: Parents Name Friend of Terri Horman as Second Possible Accomplice
New Reports Say Terri Horman Told Kryon's Teachers He Had a Doctor's Appointment to Excuse His Absence

July 23, 2010

The Oregonian reported that Spicher, 43, was spotted by a witness leaving her job for about 90 minutes on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared from his elementary school. She was gone, the paper reported, around the same time the boy is believed to have vanished and that a second witness reported not being able to reach Spicher on her cell phone during that time.

We implore DeDe Spicher to come forward and cooperate with the investigators," the family's statement continued. "If we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter."

Bruce McCain, a retired captain with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, noted today that the continued updates on the investigation that have been coming from Kyron's parents are unusual for a complicated criminal case such as this.

"There's been absolutely silence from this investigative team. Everything we're learning about this is coming from Kaine and the Youngs," he told "Good Morning America."

It could be an orchestrated move by police to increase pressure on Terri Horman, he speculated, or it could indicate a rift between Kyron's family and investigators.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-family-names-woman-eyed-boys-disapperance/story?id=11234220
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:56 am

Gotta just laugh at the possible rift...truely it's not funny...because we need everyone concentrating on Kyron, but I too noticed that LE has basically told EVERYONE to button it, and as annoying as it is not getting info, I respect the need...and through it all there has been one little difference...K, D & T's speaking out...when they tell Tyler not to mention timing, yet we can get more info than that from the parents, well...you gotta wonder if it's (as this guy said) orchastrated or a problem.

Anyhoo...

Here is a better aerial map of skyline...you can fly around and check out windows and all of that...

If that door in the photo with the janitor is Kyron's then his room is definately #213.

for some reason I can't post the map...here's the link:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=11536+NW+Skyline+Blvd%2c+Portland%2c+OR+97231-2604&FORM=MIRE1

ETA: click on brids-eye to get a real good view and also notice #213 is on the North side, #201/parkinglot/gym are on the South (sorta)
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

In looking at the floor plan for Skyline....

You go in the front door and are met with a split level foyer- type thing where you choose to go upstairs or down...
If you go up, there's a hallway running unobstructed to all the classrooms and the gym.
If you go down....it's a different story! You can see that the original construction has the Library cutting the floor in half

...so if you go down from the foyer area, you can only go to the 2 classrooms, Library and cafeteria etc on the East side of the building.

To get to the stuff on the left side/West side of the Library, you have to to UP at the foyer, then go left and down the stairs on the west side to get to Classrooms 106, 109, 110.

What's the significance of all this?

If Kyron's classroom was on the ground floor adjacent to an exit as that innocent parent/volunteer said, his room should be 109 or 110....and the quickest way to that area would be to park in the rear of the building where you can go right in and not have to go through a maze of stairs and blocked hallways.

If Kyron's classroom was on the top floor, 213 as has been also said, then the quickest way would be to park on the East side of the building and go directly upstairs.

But I believe the school volunteer who said Kyron's classroom was downstairs adjacent to the rear exit...so what does this mean?

Well, put that in context with Tanner saying he saw Kyron at the bottom of the stairs....that's right around room 109 which is also directly across from the rear exit...so basically Tanner saw Kyron near his classroom....which goes with Terri saying she walked him to his classroom and then left...she then would likely have left via that rear exit - where she also probably parked in the first place. (why not, if his classroom is right there?)

Terri was seen with Kyron in the gym....the gym is on the second floor so they had to walk up the stairs by Kyron's room and then go down the upstairs hall....but when Terri left, she likely walked with Kyron back toward his classroom because her truck was right outside that door....and she deposited him there, just like she said.

So where did Kyron go after that? Tanner didn't say if Kyron went up the stairs to 'see the cool exhibit'....so let's say he didn't.....then he has no place to go but room 106 or 110 or out the door! Now let's say he went up the stairs....then he could have gone anywhere......but I'm focusing on Kyron going outside to see this cool electric exhibit...and what's out back? The Boiler Room! Where someone could have tricked Kyron into going in to see a cool exhibit! (I've had a bad feeling about some maintenance room since the start of this)

But when would anyone have had a chance to tell Kyron about this cool electric exhibit? Seriously, how did Kyron know about it? And if it was so enticing, why didn't Kyron go there with Terri...and share with her? Why did Kyron seemingly go there by himself?

Could someone have told him he was Special and only he was going to get to see this cool electric exhibit? LE and the media sure have been quiet about this exhibit, and it makes no sense because that's the last place it was known Kyron was going! And is this the reason they wanted Tanner to keep quiet....so this electric exhibit info wouldn't become an issue because there wasn't one...except in the Boiler Room?

If this could be true, that some asshole lured him into the Boiler room...or said to meet him there....it's not likely anyone but the person whose job it was to monitor the Boiler room would have a key to it. I'm sure it's not left open because it's not safe in there! But key or not, just anyone going into that room would be a risk...unless that person had business in there...thus we have to look at who? The current custodian? Or who dealt with the Boiler room on a normal basis! OR....was it the previous custodian who no longer worked at Skyline?

Everyone wonders how Kyron got whisked away without anyone seeing it....perhaps he walked the door alone and met his abductor in the Boiler room....where there a lot of noise! and Kyron gets tied up, gagged and when the coast is clear the perp takes him out like he's just doing his routine thing....and no suspicion is drawn.

Does the school have a vehicle the maintenance people use?

I know I've typed a novel here! haha...but after analyzing the layout of that school, together with what Tanner said and Terri said and Kyron said about the, as yet unidentified, cool electric exhibit....AND with my initial gut feeling crystal ball that a maintenance room was used to temporarily hide Kyron...it makes sense to check out the maintenance people (past and present) and their vehicles and homes...but alas, LE has no time because they're too busy getting search warrants for Terri's friends!

Couldn't they at least ask around if any maintenance persons had ever been seen hanging around Kyron? Not that day, but before!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

I received my Bring Kyron Home bracelets today. My grandkids and I will each wear them until he is home.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 am

Terrific aerial map, KJ!

I don't think Kyron's room IS upstairs 213....a school volunteer and parent said Kyron's room was on the North side adjacent to the exit door that leads to the rear parking lot....I believe she would know. And that means his room was down stairs either 109 or 110...most likely 109 which is directly across from that door....not adjacent, but no doors are adjacent to any classrooms....she just used the wrong word.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 am

LottieM wrote:Terrific aerial map, KJ!

I don't think Kyron's room IS upstairs 213....a school volunteer and parent said Kyron's room was on the North side adjacent to the exit door that leads to the rear parking lot....I believe she would know. And that means his room was down stairs either 109 or 110...most likely 109 which is directly across from that door....not adjacent, but no doors are adjacent to any classrooms....she just used the wrong word.

This is the problem, the north side of the building is NOT near the parking lot, it's near the field.

I think we should get all the seperate comments about his class room and sightings and put them in one post so that we can take them each at a time to figure out what they might be meaning.

I've seen 'somewhere' that his room is on the second floor, that he would need to go down a flight of stairs to get to the door.

And a few other comments.

For sure that picture with the janitor is outside room 213...the question is whether or not that is actually his room.

If it is not, and his class is infact on the opposite side, there is an exit but it does not have that big window...class #203. That is also by the gym, right across the hall. The gym appears to have it's own exits as well.

I don't recall Tanner saying he saw him on the first floor...but I could have missed it.

We definately need all of these put together.

I need to go pick up my little guy froom camp, be back in a bit...
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:32 am

Watch this video:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99069479.html?tab=video
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 am

Looking at the school, can anyone figure out N-S-E-W?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:34 am

sitemama wrote:I have a few questions:
How do Kaine and Dez know what Terri and her friends are talking about?

They have nothing to do with Terri, so how do they know what advice her friends are giving her?

Why does LE keep saying Terri has co-operated fully, and D & K keep saying she is not?

Why do D & K say Terri's friends are not talking nor co-operating with LE, when we know their homes have been searched and LE has spoken with them?

These are good questions!

You would think that if LE didn't like K & D spouting off, then they wouldn't tell them things, right?
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next