Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

+37
justanopinion
indypeg59
Marica
Freckles
Nene_Please
Gia
rpozos11
katie77092
kellikat
Feefee
BeFound
flutter1
christinem
CindyTx
eva
burekbeba
Calypso
warriorforemma
shccuervo
Jean
khintx
Sad
TigerMom
Spikey
LCoastMom
WantToKnow
FystyAngel
Caylee'sJustice
Serenity
MLR
LuLu-Tx
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
Piper
Julie
41 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by LCoastMom Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Piper wrote:Thank you, LCMom! The link takes you straight to Emma's tribute page. I made my donation. RIP sweet Emma afro

You're very welcome! I was so happy to see your tribute for Emma - what a beautiful angel. Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 643974

I found the link from the thank you St Jude sent via EMail - although I put Emma's name and acct number on the donation form, it isn't on the receipt, so I went searching again - hoping to make it less confusing.

LCMom -
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:22 am

LCoastMom wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:LCoastMom Today at 4:34 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, LCoastMom:

I have not seen it. I can not find the Memorial Page at St. Jude's. Will you please post the Link?

If it is a St. Jude's site, that was very nice of them. I guess they liked Piper's tribute.

LCoastMom, thank you for letting us know. I just wish I could find Emma's page. Help!

Hi

The site is "different" from what we are used to! It is under St. Jude Tribute - the following
Link should take you straight to her page, if it doesn't select Tribute - Emma Catherine Grace Thompson -

http://stj.convio.net/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pxfid=27121&fr_id=1341&pg=fund

LCMom Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 19983
Hi, LCMom! Thank you for the Link! It goes right to Emma's Tribute page! It really is a nice page! Wow, it was so nice of them to include the video tribute Piper made in memory of Emma!

LCMom, I think the names of donors are included on that page only if one uses that page (on-line donation) to make their donation. I made my donation via phone and credit card. I received a thank you from St. Jude's on 10-5-10. They told me they would mail the paternal family an acknowledgment card stating I donated in memory of Emma.

LCM, once again, thanks for letting us know about the Tribute Page for Emma! For you: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:28 am

Hi, Piper!

Congratulations on having your Emma Tribute video posted on Emma's St. Jude Tribute Page! You told me that was the first video you ever made. That has to make you feel good!

Here's to you, Piper: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 88030 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 541830

See . . . . . Emma is inspiring Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 am

Piper,

There are 487 Views of your video on YouTube. Way to go, Piper!

These are the comments posted under the video:

All Comments (5)

MsBuster1949
18 seconds ago

Hi, Piper!

Your beautiful Emma Thompson tribute video has been posted on Emma's St. Jude Tribute page - Emma Catherine Grace Thompson!

Once again, Piper, thank you for making this beautiful video in memory of precious Emma who died a brutal, horrific death!

Rest in Peace, precious Emma!
~~~~~

MsBuster1949
1 week ago

Dear precious Emma . . . . . . . .

Justice has been served! You can now rest in peace in the loving arms of our dear Lord!

Beautiful Emma . . . . . . I know you now walk hand in hand with Jesus!

You are safe and no one will ever hurt you again!
~~~~~

piperdelsol
2 weeks ago

She soars with all the other little angels now. Her darling smile and precious short life on this Earth will not be forgotten. My deepest sympathy for those loved ones left behind to pick up the pieces. Forever rest in peace little one.

Piper
~~~~~

MsBuster1949
2 weeks ago

Piper, thank you for this beautiful tribute to precious Emma Thompson! You did an awesome job!

Thank you for the dedication! The real thanks goes to Reality Chatter and all of its many members who are strong supporters of "Justice for Emma Thompson!"

We, as a team, have kept Emma's name out there.

Hopefully, this video will let others see how alive and beautiful Emma was before Lucas Coe brutally raped and beat Emma which resulted in a slow, painful death for precious Emma!
~~~~~

kawej
2 weeks ago

Life is sooo not fair...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone is interested in posting a comment under the YouTube "Emma Thompson Tribute" video, which was made by Piper of Reality Chatter, here is the Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NKs1ym5wis

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 am

Ann - Tx wrote:Hi, Piper!

Congratulations on having your Emma Tribute video posted on Emma's St. Jude Tribute Page! You told me that was the first video you ever made. That has to make you feel good!

Here's to you, Piper: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 88030 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 541830

See . . . . . Emma is inspiring Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 643974

Thank you, Ann! I feel honored the family posted it. If I had more pictures I'd try to create another with the other song you mentioned. I couldn't get the latest pictures of Emma to save, they must be copyrighted I suppose? Yes, Emma is in inspiration and so are you. Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 541830
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

LCMom, I think the names of donors are included on that page only if one uses that page (on-line donation) to make their donation. I made my donation via phone and credit card. I received a thank you from St. Jude's on 10-5-10. They told me they would mail the paternal family an acknowledgment card stating I donated in memory of Emma.

LCM, once again, thanks for letting us know about the Tribute Page for Emma! For you: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 803492

Respectfully snipped - Thanks Ann, I'm not concerned with being listed on Emma's Memorial page. You commented that the note you received from St. Jude included the information that the donation was for the tribute to Emma Catherine Grace Thompson.

I made a donation on-line - under the memorial accounts and included Emma's name and acct number - but the reply I received from St. Jude didn't mention it was made to Emma's Tribute Acct - that was my only concern.

No worries!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 am

LCoastMom wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:

Respectfully snipped - Thanks Ann, I'm not concerned with being listed on Emma's Memorial page. You commented that the note you received from St. Jude included the information that the donation was for the tribute to Emma Catherine Grace Thompson.

I made a donation on-line - under the memorial accounts and included Emma's name and acct number - but the reply I received from St. Jude didn't mention it was made to Emma's Tribute Acct - that was my only concern.

No worries!
Hi, LCM! It states: Dear Friend, Thank you for your generous gift to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in tribute to Emma Catherine Grace Thompson; a special card has been sent to acknowledge your kind gesture.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I wanted to bring forward Emma's latest slideshow from 9/24/10:

http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/20360317/detail.html

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:39 am

Just did a public inquiry at the Harris County Jail (Houston, Tx). Young is not in jail.

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH (02443077) IS NOT IN JAIL

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 10/12/2010 - 23:34
~~~~~~~~~~~
In my opinion, one of the following three happened:

(1) Finally, transferred to prison - TDC;

(2) In the hospital;

(3) Escaped from jail (highly unlikely)

Well, I'm going to search TDC for Young!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 am

I searched TDC for Young but was not successful. I would have to allow pop-ups on certain things and declined at this time.

There are two phone numbers listed to make an inmate info inquiry. Calls can be made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Mon - Fri). I will call later today.
~~~~~~~~
For your info, Lucas Coe is still in the Harris County Jail (Houston, Tx).
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for the updates, Ann.......you're awesome.
Here in Ohio they go directly to a processing center after sentencing (generally one specific state pen), then sent to whichever prison they decide to send them to. Let's hope Abigail Young is off to TDC where she belongs, behind prison bars.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 am

I spoke to a rep at TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice).

Abigail Young is at Plane State Jail - Dayton, Tx.

Young will be there 30 to 45 days for processing into the TDC prison system. This is standard procedure. She will be assigned to a prison unit in Texas after being processed.

The rep told me Young is eligible for parole on 10-29-2012. I told her the Harris County District Attorney's Office said she will not be eligible for parole until she serves 5 years or in 2015. Also, the media reported the same thing.

The rep said the 10-29-12 date could be incorrect. She also stated that it is best to call when making an inquiry about Young. The on-line info may not be updated promptly.

I will monitor Young and when she is assigned to a prison unit, will advise.

I will call the Harris County District Attorney's Office regarding the Parole Date. This has to be an error!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:09 am

This is info regarding the Plane State Jail, Dayton, Tx. I do not know how updated this info is but here it is:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/lj.htm
Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Plane Unit
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am

Just want to give an update:

I called the Harris County District Attorney's Office (Houston, Tx). I left a message for one of the Prosecutor's in the Abigail Young Trial (Emma Thompson Case). She is in court (trial).

I followed up with an e-mail. I am inquiring about the parole date of 10-29-2012 for Abigail Young.

I need to determine if this is an error. It was stated that Young is eligible for parole in 5 years; not 2012!

It may be a while before I get a response. We will have to be patient!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

by Piper Today at 7:46 am
~~~~~~~~~
Piper, you welcome! Thanks for the info about how it is done in Ohio.

Here in Texas, the convicted felon Abigail Young was returned to the Harris County Jail after being sentenced. TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice) notifies the Harris County Jail when they are ready to accept Young or any inmate into their prison system.

This procedure prevails throughout Texas. In my county, there are currently inmates being housed in our County Jail awaiting transfer to TDCJ.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 Empty Thank You

Post by christinem Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Thank you Ann so much for the updates!!! You are awesome!! Justice for Emma!!!

christinem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:16 pm

christinem wrote:Thank you Ann so much for the updates!!! You are awesome!! Justice for Emma!!!
Hi, Christinem! So glad you visited Emma's thread!

Awesome? I don't know about that. I just have a strong dedication to justice for precious Emma as I do for so many defenseless, innocent children who were murdered or perhaps "missing."

I am just one little tiny voice, among many, seeking justice for the defenseless.

Christinem, thank you for taking the time to comment on Emma's thread! For you: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 12 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Last night I e-mailed TDCJ requesting Abigail Young's TDCJ number and her current location within TDCJ. I got a response this afternoon. This is it. I am going to xxx Young's TDCJ number and a phone number for visitation.

Offender Young #xxxxxxx is located at the Plane Unit, 904 FM 686, Dayton, Texas 77535 with phone number xxxxxxxx for visitation information. Was sentenced on 07-13-2010 in Harris County to 20 years for Reckless Injury to a Child with a projected release date of 10-02-2019 and a parole review date of 10-29-2012.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Ann, parole review date of 10-29-12 does not mean she will actually get paroled on that date. Most do not get paroled on their first review, so hopefully she won't get it either. Atleast you know a date, and can get lots of letters written before that time.

How early would you begin sending letters to contest her parole?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 am

Hi, sitemama!

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years and is eligible for parole in 5 years. Per the Harris County District Attorney's Office, Young would not come up for Parole review until after she served the first five years of her sentence.

This was also reported by the Houston media and some cited Texas law. Houston media could have it wrong. I prefer to go by sources such as the Harris County District Attorney's office or a higher level at TDCJ.

If the date was put into TDCJ's system incorrectly, then all TDCJ inquiries would indicate the date of
10-29-12. The person, from TDCJ, I spoke to on the phone said it is a possibility that the date was incorrectly entered.

Per Texas law, Young will not be eligible for parole until 2015. She will have a review by Texas Board of Pardons and Parole shortly before her eligibility date.

Because of the charge she was convicted of and the sentence, I doubt she would receive parole in 5 years. This is just my opinion. But . . . . one never knows.

Ben Thompson, Emma's father, told Young in his Victim's Impact Statement on behalf of Emma, that he would be at every parole hearing and speak against her.

I imagine other paternal family members will do the same. Perhaps her maternal aunt and some of the neighbors who personally knew precious Emma and loved Emma as if she was their own will speak against Young also.

I have been advised to start monitoring Texas Board of Pardons and Parole (TDPP) regarding Abigail Young about six months prior to Young's first parole review which should be in 2015.

At the appropriate time, I will spear head a letter campaign, against Young's parole, to TDPP. There are many in my county, Abigail Young's home county and town, that will participate.

I hope there is world wide participatin including the many members of Reality Chatter. I would imagine there will be many folks from the Houston area who will spear head a letter writing campaign also.

Also, in the e-mail TDCJ indicated a release date of 10-02-2019 for Young. That is nine years. Her projected release date, barring no parole, should be 2030.

I did call a higher level of TDCJ this afternoon. The person I need to speak to is on vacation. It was not crucial that I speak to someone immediately so I declined to speak to that person's boss. I will follow up next week.

I posted this Link several pages back. If you or anyone are interested, here is the Link to the official site of TDPP:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/
State of Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Ann, in March,1981, my 21 y/o daughter was brutally stabbed, bitten, beat and kicked to death by her estranged husband. His trial was held in Sept. 1981 and he was found guilty of Vol. Manslaughter and sentenced to not less than 20 years, nor more than 20 years, 20 years being the maximum for Vol. Manslaughter.

Two years later, I went to the sheriff's office, found one of the detectives who investigated the cage and told him I wanted to see all the evidence and transcripts of his trial. As soon as I opened the first folder, there was a paper stating that he was found guilty of Invol. Manslaughter. When I showed it to the detective, he said that was the paper that was sent to the prison. He got on the phone, talked to someone who said they would make the change. To make a long story short, it took almost 5 years to get this paper corrected, and it took my ex-husband and the judge going to Raleigh, NC to stand over someone there to make the corrections.

If it had stayed that way, he could have gotten out of prison in 5 years. He actually came up for parole while all this was being done, but thank God, he didn't get it.

But he still only served 12 years, not the 20 as ordered by the judge.

I hope if that is an error on the prison's records, they get it corrected before something bad happens.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 am

Oh, sitemama, what a tragic death your daughter endured. You have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry you lost your daughter in such a horrific, brutal manner.

I can understand why you have an interest in being a voice for justice for so many of the missing and/or murdered children and adults.

In Young's case, I have no authority to correct a thing. However, the Harris County District Attorney's Office and the presiding judge of Young's trial, including the Punishment Phase and sentencing, will get it corrected if it is an error. And . . . I do believe it is.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:35 am

In response to comments made to me regarding Emma Thompson on a Baker thread
at The Hinky Meter, I left the following to Marica and George on "Just for Chat" at The Hinky:
~~~~~~~

» Ann - Tx said: { Oct 14, 2010 - 09:10:28 }

To Marica and George (from the Baker thread):

Thank you for remembering precious Emma Thompson!

I set up a thread for Emma on Reality Chatter. It was set up on 8-31-10 in anticipation of Lucas Coe’s trial. It is mostly an “information type” thread with facts and articles from the media including videos. There are comments also.

Also, this thread includes info about Abigail Young’s trial and the Victim’s Impact Statements on Behalf of Emma Thompson (raw video in its entirety). Emma’s dad and paternal grandmother were the only ones that gave statements to Abigail Young.

Sadly, Emma’s maternal grandmother, Margie Routt Young, did not give a statement on behalf of Emma. In fact, Routt Young supported her daughter, Abigail Young. She testified for the Defense.

In Lucas Coe’s trial, Routt Young was not at Coe’s trial to show support for the State of Texas who sought justice for Emma Thompson.

Emma’s maternal aunt, Amanda, testified for the State during Coe’s trial and she gave a Victim’s Impact Statement on Behalf of Emma Thompson. Emma’s Aunt Amanda has supported justice for Emma from day one . . . . . before this case started being covered by the Houston media.

Since I attended every day of Lucas Coe’s trial, I also commented on the day’s trial or court proceedings. Some days I was not able to comment but I will go back and do the commentary. I took a tremendous amount of notes during the trial.

Emma’s death was so brutal and horrific. The Lead Investigator in Emma’s case, Detective A. J. Kelly with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office (Houston, TX), said in a Press Conference, it is the worst case of child abuse he has seen in his 19 years in law enforcement.

There is a recent slide show of Emma’s pictures by one of the Houston TV stations. It does include some new pictures of Emma including when she was a baby. What a beautiful little baby! It is with an article and video regarding the interview with Ben Thompson, Emma’s father. The interview was done, shortly after Coe’s trial, in the park where Ben took Emma so she could play and feed the ducks. Emma loved feeding the ducks!

Regarding Emma’s thread, there are currently 29 pages. If you are interested, you can go directly to Emma Thompson’s thread at Reality Chatter:

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-t2705.htm
Reality Chatter Emma Thompson Deceased — 6-27-09
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope Emma is never forgotten! I know I will never, ever forget Emma . . . . the beautiful, precious gift from God that was brutally raped and beaten . . . . who died as a result of those injuries.

Rest in Peace, precious Emma!

~~~~~
Source: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/01/just-for-chat-6/#comment-78602
The Hinky Meter by Valhall Just for Chat dated 10-1-10
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:03 am

Ann - Tx wrote:When losing a loved one, "In the Arms of an Angel" has been one of my favorite songs for a long time.

When I think of Emma's last few hours on earth, it is heart wrenching. So alone with no one to protect her! How afraid she must have been, her pain and suffering . . . . . ... . . . . . ...

Lucas Coe brutally raped Emma and beat her. As a result of injuries Emma sustained, she died a slow, painful death!

Instead of calling 911 immediately, Abigail Young, Emma's mother and a Registered Nurse at the time, who failed to protect her, was at Randall's buying Krazy Glue among her grocery purchase, cooking Sloppy Joe's and cleaning and bleaching the bathroom where Emma apparently bled profusely. Young trying to super glue Emma's skull together. All of this . . . . .while Emma was slowly dying.

As the Prosecutor said during Coe's trial: Young cared more for Lucas Coe than she did her own precious daughter, Emma! How very sad and tragic for a barely four year old innocent, defenseless child!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma, as you slowly slipped away, I know the angels were there waiting for you so that you could fly to Heaven in the arms of one of the angels! God bless you sweet, precious Emma. You are safe and no one will ever hurt you again!

View slideshow: •SEE IT: Pictures of Emma Thompson

~~~~~~~~~~

In Memory of precious Emma Thompson: