Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

+37
justanopinion
indypeg59
Marica
Freckles
Nene_Please
Gia
rpozos11
katie77092
kellikat
Feefee
BeFound
flutter1
christinem
CindyTx
eva
burekbeba
Calypso
warriorforemma
shccuervo
Jean
khintx
Sad
TigerMom
Spikey
LCoastMom
WantToKnow
FystyAngel
Caylee'sJustice
Serenity
MLR
LuLu-Tx
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
Piper
Julie
41 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:52 am

Precious Emma . . .

Today is Easter Sunday! I will remember you in prayer today during Mass!

I hope you will have a glorious time in Heaven today!

~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace, precious Emma ~ ~ ~ ♥️ afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by sitemama Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm sure Emma, Caylee and all the rest of the little ones who are in heaven had a great Easter Egg Hunt today.

I bet there were lots of other kiddies playing with them that we don't even know about yet, like Haley Cummings, Kyron and many others I can't recall their names. And the big girls, like Natalie and Leah were helping to hide the eggs for the little ones. Don't you know they were all having a great, fun time? Hey, I wish I had been there with them, and I could have hidden eggs for my two 'little' ones. Sad

Last edited by sitemama on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:22 am

Oh, sitemama! That is very touching. I bet you are right! Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi Ann! I wasn't aware this thread was still active, I haven't received an update in some time...

Piper the Christmas video you made for Emma is just beautiful!

Ann are you aware if a new headstone was or will be ordered for Emma? I saw photos of the original on another site today - I was surprised because I thought it was being changed out. Also I haven't checked in awhile - is AY's file accessible through the county yet?
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:53 am

Hi, LCoastMom!

Yes, this thread is active and has not been locked.

Attorneys for Abigail Young and Lucas Coe immediately filed their intent to file an Appeal after the sentencing.

Shortly thereafter, their Appellate Attorneys filed with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals in Houston, Harris County, Tx.

Dick DeGuerin, a very prominent attorney in Houston, Tx is Abigail Young's appellate attorney. Appeals take time. I will be able to follow the appeal process with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.

For your info, this is the activity recorded with the Harris County District Clerk's office re Abigail Young's appeal process:

Date Description SNU (Won't let me place these over the columns)

03/01/2011 RECORD CHECKED OUT - D.A. 988

02/25/2011 DEF ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 989

10/22/2010 RECORD CHECKED OUT - DEFEN 990

09/20/2010 DEF ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 991

09/17/2010 RECORD CHECKED OUT - DEFEN 992

09/13/2010 STATEMENT OF FACTS 993

08/30/2010 MAILED TO FOURTEENTH COURT 994

08/06/2010 PAUPERS AFFIDAVITT 995

08/02/2010 ASSIGN COURT OF APPEAL CAS 996

08/02/2010 CASE: 14-10-00646-CR 0

07/16/2010 FOURTEENTH COURT OF APPEAL 997

07/13/2010 SENTENCE IMPOSED 998

As you can see, the Defendant's Appellate Attorney checked Young's records out and in twice. Currently, the Harris County District Attorney's Office has the records checked out as of March 1, 2011.

Only the attorneys involved with Young's appeal process can check out the records.

I can not check any records out. However, I can go in person to view the records at the Harris County District Clerk's Office (HCDCO) in downtown Houston. I want to read the transcript of Young's trial and view some other info. I can do that in a designated, secured area under the watchful eye of the HCDCO's staff.

I check with HCDCO periodically and the records are not available because the attorneys have them checked out. It may be a while before they will be available. I do plan to spend several days or however long it takes to review the records and read Young's trial transcript.

LCoastMom, you asked: is AY's file accessible through the county yet?

The Harris County District Clerk's Office is the "keeper" of all records regarding cases in Harris County, Tx. Are you talking about the records from the time a warrant was issued for Young's arrest to current? If so, those records have been with the HCDCO since then. If that is what you mean, I will gladly provide you the Link. Please let me know. You will have to register with the Harris County District Clerk's Office. It is a bit of a hassle and takes patience and a little time.

Regarding Emma's tombstone, I visited her grave Good Friday, April 22, 2011. The tombstone that was supposedly bought by her maternal grandmother, Margie Routt Young, is still in place.

I assume the tombstone you saw a picture of is the one that is plain gray and has Emma Catherine Grace inscribed on the front with the date of birth/death. The last name Thompson is on the back. Many local folks know Emma's last name is Thompson but looking at the front of the tombstone one would think Emma's last name is Grace.

It is my understanding Emma's father and paternal family have a beautiful heart shaped rose colored tombstone that is suppose to be very beautiful and age appropriate. It was going to be installed but whomever installed the plain gray one before the paternal family could have the heart shaped tombstone installed. Precious little Emma deserves a beautiful tombstone!

LCoastMom, this thread will remain active for a long time. There is the Appeal process for Abigail Young and Lucas Coe with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. Also, when Young comes up for parole consideration, I would expect a flurry of activity on this thread!

On occasion, I, like others will drop in to remember precious Emma! ♥️ Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 643974

LCoastMom, thank you for your continued support of precious Emma!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 pm

LCoastMom wrote:Hi Ann! I wasn't aware this thread was still active, I haven't received an update in some time...

Piper the Christmas video you made for Emma is just beautiful!

Ann are you aware if a new headstone was or will be ordered for Emma? I saw photos of the original on another site today - I was surprised because I thought it was being changed out. Also I haven't checked in awhile - is AY's file accessible through the county yet?

Hi LCoastMom! Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi Ann - thanks for the detailed update. I would like to see the heart shaped tombstone replace the gray one, sad to hear it hasn't been done yet.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Ann - I thought shortly after the trial the Harris County District Clerk's Office said the file would be available for reading on line (I could be remembering wrong though). I understood it was being used for the appeal.

Yes, the photos I saw were of a large, gray marble headstone - I hate to say "inappropriate" but that was the word that popped into my head. Not what I would've selected for a young child at all - but I suppose it was better than nothing. It would be lovely if it could be changed out -

I've not forgotten AY's parole eligibility - I'll be here!

Piper - you're very welcome!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Is this the site you asked me about?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsp=47128025&GRid=39058888&

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 4:49 am

LCoastMom wrote:Is this the site you asked me about?

Yes, LCM, it is. I think it is beautiful! All of the beautiful pics added with some brief comments. Thank you for posting the Link here on Emma's thread.

Could you please tell me what this is about? I know it is a Memoriam page. I noticed some time ago that at the bottom of the page, it is indicated that you sponsored this page for Emma. That is very nice of you, LCM!

When I first saw this a few months ago, I tried to figure out how I could select a flower and post it for Emma. I could not figure it out. Could you please tell me what I need to do? Can I add a flower? Is it limited to certain people?

Thanks in advance, LCM.
~~~

Regarding your above comment (4-27-11), the Abigail Young file is not available to read on line. One has to go in person to the Harris County District Clerk's Office - Houston, Tx. I wish it was available on line. I could read it in the comfort of my home instead of in a designated area of HCDCO.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 03, 2011 4:52 am

Hi, Piper!

Yes, I wish the tombstone would be replaced soon.

The way the heart shaped tombstone was described to me, it is most age appropriate and sounds beautiful. Emma deserves a beautiful tombstone! afro Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue May 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
LCoastMom wrote:Is this the site you asked me about?

Yes, LCM, it is. I think it is beautiful! All of the beautiful pics added with some brief comments. Thank you for posting the Link here on Emma's thread.

Could you please tell me what this is about? I know it is a Memoriam page. I noticed some time ago that at the bottom of the page, it is indicated that you sponsored this page for Emma. That is very nice of you, LCM!

When I first saw this a few months ago, I tried to figure out how I could select a flower and post it for Emma. I could not figure it out. Could you please tell me what I need to do? Can I add a flower? Is it limited to certain people?

Thanks in advance, LCM.
~~~

Regarding your above comment (4-27-11), the Abigail Young file is not available to read on line. One has to go in person to the Harris County District Clerk's Office - Houston, Tx. I wish it was available on line. I could read it in the comfort of my home instead of in a designated area of HCDCO.

Hi Ann Thanks for the info about HCDCO.

Find A Grave is a site for people who like to explore cemeteries, explore family history or just have a place to visit loved ones and others. The people who post there are so very kind.

Anyone can leave a token on any page, I believe you must register - you can collect tokens (flowers, toys, balloons etc) by clicking on any you see and saving them to your "scrapbook" - there are also pages and pages of them that you can save to your scrapbook but I can't find those today.

After registering you simply go to any memorial page you would like, collect some tokens to your scrapbook and click on "leave a flower and a note" it will open a page to your scrapbook and any tokens you have saved. (I joined there a couple years ago - the process must be simple because I figured it out LOL) Very Happy

You can also make your own virtual cemetery to keep track (in one place) of those you would like to visit - feel free to use my Littlest Angels page to be directed to Emma, Emma Leigh, Caylee and a few more you have probably heard of.

I haven't had time to be there much in the last 8 to 10 months but I do pop in on occasion just to leave a note. Being the page sponsor is a very little thing - it removes ads from "that page" and helps support the site - but thank you for the kind comment.

I recently sent a message to the nice lady who made the page for Emma Catherine Grace asking her to add Emma's St Jude page link to the memorial.

For some reason the person who made Emma Leigh's page put incorrect dates on the memorial and wouldn't reply when I sent her respectful requests with the correct information. It took me weeks and weeks to get one of the site owners to "fix it" and he finally signed the page over to me so I can make updates or whatever changes I would like, as if I had written it to begin with.

Here are links to both of "our Emma's"

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35323144

Emma Leigh Barker

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSvcid=108372&GRid=39058888&

Emma Catherine Grace Thompson

LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 am

LCoastMom, thank you for the info. When I am alert I will have to see if I can figure it out.

I just love to look at all of the beautiful "tokens". I see that you added the St. Jude's info to Emma's page. That is very nice.

Also, a beautiful page for Emma Barker! Very nice obit. What a sweet, precious child. Loved to smile!

I will explore the pages more . . . hopefully this week.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 am

Thank you so much for the links! The pages are beautiful. I will also explore more and join.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey, Piper, when you figure out how to post the tokens, etc. I will need baby step instructions via a PM?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 am

Monday, June 27, 2011, will be two years since Emma's horrific, brutal death.

Lucas Coe is serving Life without Parole in a Texas prison.

Emma's mother, Abigail Young, is serving a 20 year prison sentence in a Texas prison. Sadly, she will be eligible for parole in 5 years. Hopefully, when she comes up for parole, it will not be granted.

It is so sad that precious, innocent Emma had to die a brutal, horrific death at the hands of Young's boyfriend (at the time) Lucas Coe!

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ~ ~ ~ afro Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am

RIP EMMA...THINKING OF YOU BABY!
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Today, 6-27-11, is two years since Emma's death.

I think of Emma often. Emma captured the heart of so many as her tragic, horrific story unfolded. I think Emma will be forever in the hearts of many strangers who did not know her but would have liked to have had the privilege of knowing sweet little Emma!

Gone . . . but not forgotten!

Precious little Emma, you are in my heart forever! May God keep you in His loving arms and protect you. Run and play with the other children and among the angels, sweet little one!

♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Rest in peace precious Emma! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ sucker
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Dear little Emma, you've been on my mind today. I think of you often, especially when I see yellow butterflies afro

Rest in peace, sweet child
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:04 pm

I posted the following on The Hinky Meter by Valhall:
~~~~~

RE: Emma Thompson - Spring, TX

Today, June 27, 2011 is two years that barely four year old Emma Thompson, Spring, Tx (near Houston) died a slow, brutal, horrific death.

Emma was brutally raped and beaten by Lucas Ruric Coe in her home. Coe was the boyfriend of Emma's mother, Abigail Young.

In 2010, Coe was sentenced to Life in Prison Without Parole and fined $10,000 which is the maximum allowed. Coe will not ever be eligible for parole.

In 2010, Emma's mother and a Registered Nurse, Abigail Young, was sentenced to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine which is the maximum allowed. Sadly, Young will be eligible for parole in 5 years. It is hoped that Young's parole will be denied.

Appellate attorneys for Coe and Young have filed appeals which is currently in the appeal process in the Fourteenth Court of Appeals, Houston, Harris County, Tx.

If you are interested in reading about Emma's tragedy, please see her thread at Reality Chatter:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2705-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09
Reality Chatter - Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09

Emma Thompson captured the heart of many as the story of her horrific, brutal death unfolded. Many people world wide supported justice for Emma .

I think of Emma often and visit her grave often. Emma loved yellow butterflies, feeding the ducks, with her dad, at a park near her home and she loved the color "pinky purple" (lavender). Whenever I see yellow butterflies, ducks and lavender flowers such as crepe myrtles, I think of sweet little Emma!

Emma has a special place in my heart!

Gone . . . but not forgotten!

♥ ♥ ♥ Rest in peace, precious Emma! ♥ ♥ ♥

~ ~ ~ In Loving Memory of Emma ~ ~ ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKSPV4EgoY
YouTube - Emma Thompson Memorial - Uploaded 10-24-10
~~~~~
Posted at: The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Developing Stories
Link to be provided later
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

~ ~ ~ In Loving Memory of precious Emma ~ ~ ~ afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:33 pm

♥️ ♥️ ♥️ In Loving Memory of precious Emma ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 643974

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Cindy-TX reminded us in chat today this is the anniversary of Emma's death.

I think about her every day and love to see the beautiful pictures of her.

RIP beautiful angel. You are greatly loved. Run and play with the other thousands of babies that are there with you.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Rest in Peace, Emma.

afro
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by CindyTx Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

God Bless you sweet Emma. I drive by your neighborhood on our way to baseball games and practice at least twice a week...and each time I go by, I say a prayer for you. I drove by today not realizing today is the two year anniversary. I came back amongst friends in the Reality Chatroom and once I knew the significance of this day and remembering the strong feeling I had when I drove by, I realize I have work to do. Emma...I am glad you are now safe in the arms of Jesus. May you rest in peace...you will never be forgotten.

I live in Montgomery County...the same county that allowed Lucas Coe to go free after being charged with almost killing the son of his prior girlfriend. This case has made me realize that we as citizens need to know who is charged (but not convicted) of CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN. I know these people are "innocent until proven guilty." Newspapers are allowed to write articles about these crimes and they can do this before a conviction by using the word ALLEGEDLY. I started a database with the intention of publishing a webpage so that citizens could find out if their teachers, coaches, or neighbors were stealth perpetrators like Lucas Coe who were living amongst them like a vulture waiting for his prey.

After working on this for a month just on cases in my county...I realized that one person could not possibly keep up with the tremendous amount of cases that involve children. And selfishly, I became quite depressed/sad hearing about all the terrible things that were happening all around me...so I stopped this project.

But I now have a new charge to move forward with this project. Legislators need to propose legislation to allow this...a CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN database should be mandatory for all people charged with such a crime. They can be removed if proven not guilty. If it saves just one life...this would be sooo worth it. If such a database existed when Coe was abusing Emma and when neighbors became suspicious of seeing her bloody panties, they could have searched and found Coe had a history of hurting children. The neighbors would have called authorities and Emma would still be here today.

If I am successful in this...it will be dedicated in memory of sweet Angel Emma Thompson.

--Cindy Tx

**Note to AnnTx...if you need any support in keeping Abigail in jail; or halting parole...please let me know. You are great Ann! Thank you.

CindyTx
CindyTx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 am

What a moving post, Cindy! I really like your idea about the database for the "stealth perpetrators" just waiting to get their hands on their next victim. Lucas Coe should have been behind bars for almost beating that poor little boy to death.

Ann, thanks for bringing Emma's videos forward. She was such a beautiful, precious little girl.

Gone but not forgotten afro
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by BeFound Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:32 pm

I only just learned about Emma from CindyTx during a chat yesterday. I read the links that were listed and I was aghast.

How could someone be so callous to a child?

Ann-Tx, you have done such lovely tributes to this angelic and amazing little girl.

When one of my older sisters passed away, her son, my 5 year old nephew, said she told him that she would come back as a butterfly. I cried when I watched the tribute because little Emma is an angel on Earth and watches everything through the beauty of a butterfly.

May you rest in peace Emma.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 Blue_Butterfly_by_modern_myth-2-1
BeFound
BeFound

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 am

Hi, BeFound!

I see that you recently joined Reality Chatter. A nice warm welcome to Reality Chatter from deep in the of Texas.

Thank you for the beautiful butterfly in memory of precious Emma Thompson. Emma liked butterflies, especially yellow ones. She was a precious little girl. The many butterflies in my flower gardens remind me of Emma and her love for butterflies.

Piper so kindly and lovingly made the beautiful videos in memory of Emma. They are all posted to YouTube and here on Emma's thread.

Emma touched the hearts of many world wide as the story of her brutal, horrific death unfolded.

I am touched by what your sister told your 5 year old nephew. I am so sorry for your loss.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 am

In loving memory of precious Emma . . . who liked yellow butterflies . . .
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 502b1aa5
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Ann, the picture is beautiful and thanks to you, I think about little Emma every day. You have been a blessing to this thread.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
In loving memory of precious Emma . . . who liked yellow butterflies . . .
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 502b1aa5

Beautiful!
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:09 am

In loving memory of precious Emma . . .

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 66a9e9k
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Feefee Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Hello all

Emma's tragic story featured in a BBC news report here in England earlier this week. To say that I am heartbroken by this poor little darling's story is an understatement. I wish I could hold her in my arms and tell her she'll be safe. If any of you know any of her family I would be grateful if you could send them my love and thank you too for never allowing Emma to be forgotten x

Feefee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi, Feefee! Welcome to Reality Chatter!

Thank you for taking the time to come here and post the info about Emma being featured in a BBC news report in England.

By any chance, do you have a Link? I would love to read it.

I know Emma's maternal family well and will ensure that your comment is forwarded to them via e-mail.

I know they will be touched by your comment. Once again, thanks, Feefee!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Feefee, I think I found the story about Emma. I will post what I've found. Please let me know if this is it.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:51 pm

In the Header to this article, you will see a picture of Emma sitting in the bluebonnets.

You can click on, "Emma's Story", read the commentary and view the video interview with Ben Thompson, Emma's father, or you can start with Introduction, click the arrows to the right and read the following in order:

Introduction

Scale of Abuse

Emma's Story

Who's to blame?

How to stop it

Cycle of violence

Emma's video is titled:

'Everybody Missed the Signs'
Ben Thompson on the pain of losing a daughter to abuse

~~~~~

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15288865
BBC News 10-17-11

17 October 2011 Last updated at 07:35 ET

America's child death shame
_______

Introduction

Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US.

Read more:

Note: A brief snippet of Ben Thompson's (Emma's father) Victim's Impact Statement is featured in the first video.
_______

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Feefee Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 am

Yes that's the one. I felt Emma's father showed great dignity and restraint, I can't say what I would do to anyone who hurt my child or one who stood back and did nothing when the situation could so easily have been changed. I'd like to think that the remaining family have managed to find some peace. I find it alarming that Abbey Young could be up for parole so soon. I hope you are now enjoying the peace and love you should have had in your own home Emma xx

Feefee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Feefee, was this BBC interview with Ben Thompson featured on television in your area, article in the newspapers or only on the Internet?

I really do appreciate you posting info about this. I have a "google" alert on Emma Thompson and I got no alert about this article.

If it were not for you, we would be unaware that Emma's Story was featured overseas.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:47 pm

In regard to Abigail Young's appeal with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals
(Harris County, Houston, TX), this is an update:

Case Information:

Case Number: 14-10-00646-CR
Date Filed: 07/16/2010
Case Type: Injury to a Child, Elderly or Disabled Individual
Style: Abigail Elizabeth Young
v.: The State of Texas
Original Proceeding: No
Transferred From:
Transfer In Date:
Transfer Case No:
Transferred To:
Transfer Out Date:
Publication Service:

Case Events:

Date Event Type Description Disposition Document

10/04/2011 Submitted
09/22/2011 Set for submission on oral argument
08/26/2011 Letter filed
08/22/2011 Set for submission on oral argument
07/14/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Motion or Writ Granted
07/12/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State
07/12/2011 Case ready to be set
07/12/2011 Brief filed - oral argument requested State
07/11/2011 State brief due
06/27/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Extension of time to file GRANTED, with no further extension
06/24/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State
06/24/2011 State brief due
05/31/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Motion or Writ Granted
05/27/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State
05/25/2011 State brief due
04/28/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Motion or Writ Granted
04/27/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State
04/25/2011 State brief due
03/15/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Motion or Writ Granted
03/14/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State
03/09/2011 State brief due
02/07/2011 Brief filed - oral argument requested Appellant
02/07/2011 Appellants brief due
01/12/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion GRANTED with no further extension absent exceptional circumstances
01/07/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
01/06/2011 Appellants brief due
12/15/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
12/06/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
12/06/2010 Appellants brief due
11/15/2010 Response due Appellant
11/05/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
11/05/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
11/04/2010 Notice of late brief Appellant
11/01/2010 Appellants brief due
10/18/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
10/18/2010 Appellants brief due
10/15/2010 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
09/30/2010 Motion to substitute attorney disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
09/24/2010 Motion to substitute attorney filed Appellant
09/16/2010 Reporters record filed Appellant
09/13/2010 Reporters record due
09/13/2010 Record due
08/30/2010 Clerks record filed Appellant
07/28/2010 Court reporters information sheet sent
07/28/2010 Trial court clerks certification of record requested
07/16/2010 Case began in court of appeals
07/13/2010 Notice of appeal filed in trial court
07/13/2010 Sentence imposed in the trial court

Calendars:

Set Date Calendar Type Reason Set

10/04/2011 Submitted Submitted on oral argument

Parties:

Party PartyType Representative

The State of Texas Criminal – State of Texas David Christopher Newell

Young, Abigail Elizabeth Criminal – Appellant Stanley G. Schneider

Trial Court Information:

Trial Court: 232nd District Court
County: Harris
Trial Court Judge: Honorable LLOYD DOUGLAS SHAVER
Trial Court Case #: 1227879
Trial Court Reporter:
Punishment: 20 Years TDCJ

Source:
http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00646-CR
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Harris County - Houston, Tx

Since this is a government site, I am not able to separate the above info under the column titles.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

In regard to Lucas Ruric Coe's appeal with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals
(Harris County, Houston, TX), this is an update:

Case Information:

Case Number: 14-10-00929-CR
Date Filed: 09/28/2010
Case Type: Aggravated Sexual Assault
Style: Lucas Ruric Coe
v.: The State of Texas
Original Proceeding: No
Transferred From:
Transfer In Date:
Transfer Case No:
Transferred To:
Transfer Out Date:
Publication Service:

Case Events:

Date Event Type Description Disposition Document

10/06/2011 Response due State
09/27/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed State Motion GRANTED with no further extension absent exceptional circumstances
09/26/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed State MOTION [ PDF ]
09/21/2011 Notice of late brief State
09/16/2011 State brief due
08/29/2011 Response due Appellant
08/17/2011 Brief filed - oral argument requested Appellant
08/17/2011 State brief due
08/17/2011 Notice of late brief Appellant
08/15/2011 Appellants brief due
07/14/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Extension of time to file GRANTED, with no further extension
07/13/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
07/13/2011 Appellants brief due
06/13/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion GRANTED with no further extension absent exceptional circumstances
06/13/2011 Appellants brief due
06/10/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
05/13/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
05/13/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
05/13/2011 Appellants brief due
04/14/2011 Letter filed Appellant
04/14/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief disposed Appellant Motion or Writ Granted
04/13/2011 Motion for extension of time to file brief filed Appellant
04/13/2011 Appellants brief due
03/24/2011 Letter issued by the court Action by Court on own motion
03/15/2011 Reporters record due
03/14/2011 Reporters record filed Appellant
02/28/2011 No reporters record filed in criminal case
02/21/2011 Reporters record due
02/15/2011 Reporters record due
02/14/2011 Extension of time to file reporters record disposed Court Reporter Motion or Writ Granted
02/11/2011 Extension of time to file reporters record filed Court Reporter
01/31/2011 No reporters record filed in criminal case
01/21/2011 Reporters record due
12/22/2010 Reporters record due
12/21/2010 Extension of time to file reporters record disposed Court Reporter Motion or Writ Granted
12/16/2010 Extension of time to file reporters record filed Court Reporter
12/07/2010 No reporters record filed in criminal case
11/22/2010 Clerks record due
11/22/2010 Reporters record due
11/22/2010 Record due
11/18/2010 Clerks record filed Appellant
10/29/2010 Reporters record filed Appellant
09/29/2010 Court reporters information sheet sent
09/29/2010 Trial court clerks certification of record requested
09/28/2010 Case began in court of appeals
09/23/2010 Notice of appeal filed in trial court
09/23/2010 Sentence imposed in the trial court

Calendars:

Set Date Calendar Type Reason Set

10/26/2011 Status State brief due

Parties:

Party PartyType Representative

Coe, Lucas Ruric Criminal – Appellant Lucas R Coe

The State of Texas Criminal – State of Texas Patricia R. Lykos

Trial Court Information:

Trial Court: 232nd District Court
County: Harris
Trial Court Judge: Honorable LLOYD DOUGLAS SHAVER
Trial Court Case #: 1227878
Trial Court Reporter:
Punishment: Life without parole & $10,000 fine

Source
http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=14-10-00929-CR
Fourteenth Court of Appeals - Harris County - Houston, Tx

Since this is a government site, I am not able to separate the above info under the column titles.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Activity regarding the records of Abigail Elizabeth Young - Harris County District Clerk's Office:

122787901010 - The State of Texas vs. YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH (Court 232)

Date Description SNU

09/16/2011 RECORD CHECKED IN - JUDGE 984
09/15/2011 RECORD CHECKED OUT - JUDGE 985
07/14/2011 DIS ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 986
06/13/2011 STATES BRIEF 987
03/01/2011 RECORD CHECKED OUT - D.A. 988
02/25/2011 DEF ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 989
10/22/2010 RECORD CHECKED OUT - DEFEN 990
09/20/2010 DEF ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 991
09/17/2010 RECORD CHECKED OUT - DEFEN 992
09/13/2010 STATEMENT OF FACTS 993
08/30/2010 MAILED TO FOURTEENTH COURT 994
08/06/2010 PAUPERS AFFIDAVITT 995
08/02/2010 ASSIGN COURT OF APPEAL CAS 996
08/02/2010 CASE: 14-10-00646-CR 0
07/16/2010 FOURTEENTH COURT OF APPEAL 997
07/13/2010 SENTENCE IMPOSED 998
07/13/2010 NOTICE OF APPEAL 999
09/10/2010 NEXT- TRANSMIT TRANSCRIPT DUE 0

Source:
http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/search.aspx
Harris County District Clerk - Harris County, Houston, TX - Abigail Elizabeth Young
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Activity regarding the records of Lucas Ruric Coe - Harris County District Clerk's Office:

122787801010 - The State of Texas vs. COE, LUCAS RURIC (Court 232)

Date Description SNU

03/15/2011 STATEMENT OF FACTS 992
11/23/2010 RECORD CHECKED OUT - DEFEN 993
11/18/2010 MAILED TO FOURTEENTH COURT 994
11/01/2010 DEF ATTY - CHECKED IN RECO 995
09/30/2010 ASSIGN COURT OF APPEAL CAS 996
09/30/2010 CASE: 14-10-00929-CR 0
09/27/2010 FOURTEENTH COURT OF APPEAL 997
09/23/2010 SENTENCE IMPOSED 998
09/23/2010 NOTICE OF APPEAL 999
11/22/2010 NEXT- TRANSMIT TRANSCRIPT DUE 0

Source:
http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edocs/Public/Search.aspx?Tab=tabCriminal
Harris County District Clerk - Harris County, Houston, TX - Lucas Ruric Coe
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

In the Header to this article, you will see a picture of Emma sitting in the bluebonnets.

You can click on, "Emma's Story", read the commentary and view the video interview with Ben Thompson, Emma's father, or you can start with Introduction, click the arrows to the right and read the following in order:

Introduction

Scale of Abuse

Emma's Story

Who's to blame?

How to stop it

Cycle of violence

Emma's video is titled:

'Everybody Missed the Signs'
Ben Thompson on the pain of losing a daughter to abuse

~~~~~

BBC News 10-17-11

17 October 2011 Last updated at 07:35 ET

America's child death shame
_______

Introduction

Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US.

Read more:

Note: A brief snippet of Ben Thompson's (Emma's father) Victim's Impact Statement is featured in the first video.
_______
Bumping!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Feefee Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:04 am

Hi

I heard this report on BBC radio 4 on Monday 17th October then read it on the BBC website (the same link you have mentioned above).

Feefee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Feefee, thanks for the info!

Once again, I really do appreciate you taking the time to alert us that Emma's story was featured on BBC.

For you: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 15 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Feefee Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Thank you Ann. In all honesty I wish with all my heart that there was no information for you to be thanking me for and Emma was still here in happier circumstances. Sad

Feefee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:21 am

Precious little Emma, I will never . . . ever forget you!

Uploaded by realitychatter1 on Oct 24, 2010
Emma Catherine Grace Thompson Memorial

The following comment is in the comment section below this video on YouTube:

at the age of 22 on my summer break from college while working as a summer camp counselor i was chosen for jurior duty in the case against abigial young and since that time not a week or day goes by when i dont see this precious angels face knowing what she went through has impacted my life in ways you cannot know i pray in her memory and hope her family can find peace
katie77092 5 months ago

https://youtu.be/3BKSPV4EgoY
YouTube - Emma Thompson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 pm

How many children.....how many broken hearts.... Sad
kellikat
kellikat

Mood : Sick 2

Back to top Go down

Post by katie77092 Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm

every time i look at a the date it crazy how much time has past since i was on that jury against abigail young and yet it never leaves u i see my nephew only 3 growing up and i think about emma her smile her innocence i will never forget her she is now and forever in my prayers

katie77092

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

katie, welcome to RC and thanks for posting here. I'm sure the time you spent on that jury will remain with you through out your entire life. I admire you for being able to serve at your young age.

Hope you continue to post on other stories on this site.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next