Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial

+3
mindseye
LottieM
Piper
7 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial

Post by Piper Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 am

Judge: Casey Anthony Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial

Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial 28367254_320X180

Updated: 9:57 am EDT June 27, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry ruled Casey Anthony competent to proceed in her murder trial on Monday. On Saturday, the defense filed a motion that Casey be examined by three psychologist to determine her competency to proceed in her trial.

On Monday, Casey’s murder trial continued on day 40, including jury selection, after court was abruptly recessed 45 minutes after it was supposed to start on Saturday due to the motion that was filed.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/news/28366382/detail.html

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 am

I can't believe that was what the holdup was about. Boring....haha
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 29: Casey Ruled Competent To Proceed In Trial

Post by Piper Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

I know, Lottie. Unreal. Anything to try and save the baby killer.

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Another maneuver by the defense and very rare to be done mid-trial. I say the defense are doing everything possible to give her the best defense possible.

I think those last two witnesses were very believable, very unpolished. The prosecution is trying hard to tie down the security guard to exact spots and locations from "ariel" photos and from 3 year memory. I was glad he kept saying this is "not" exact and just my best estimated from a mile in the air... da. well he didn't say that last part... I did.

Now Nancy Grace is going off on how did they know where to search if Casey didn't tell them. He already said it was the psychic.... check his phone records of who he was talking to while searching! I happen to believe there are "some" legitimate physics.

I say this was a good day for the defense.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Casey Smiles, Laughs Prior To Mental Competency Ruling

Updated: 8:17 pm EDT June 27, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony was giddy, laughing and smiling just before Judge Belvin Perry ruled that she's mentally competent to proceed in her murder trial on Monday. Casey's jovial mood changed after receiving the judge's ruling. She's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

On Saturday, the defense filed a motion that Casey be examined by three psychologist to determine her competency to proceed in her trial.

Casey entered the courtroom on Monday just before 8:40 a.m., wearing a button-down white shirt and grey pants. She had her hair pulled back in a bun. Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony, were also present. Casey's death penalty attorney, Ann Finnell, was also present.

DAY 40: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 40
SMILING CASEY PRIOR TO RULING: See Images
DOCUMENTS: Motion On Competency, Judge's Order
DEFENSE MOTIONS: On Death Penalty
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
IN COURT: Casey, Parents, Lawyers, Witnesses
VIDEO REPORT: Casey Found Competent
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28366382/detail.html

Last edited by Justice4all on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 pm

I don't think it was a good day for the defense at all....Hoover and Dominic didn't even agree on where Dominic went into the woods...nor where Hoover parked his car. Dom was up at the other end, Hoove was at the end where Caylee was found...I say Dom should know where he was more than Hoove would....and since the tapes don't show it well....I say it was a BUST today for the defense. Very Happy

And the Chemist Professor dude...was all over nowhere! Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by mindseye Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

If it was me up there.... I couldn't tell them where I was last year let alone where I parked and walked 3 years ago LOL

As for the chemist dude..... well scientific evidence is not always cut and dry. If you test this then you have to test that, and if you don't test that the the test isn't absolute... too many variables and he tried to explain that...I thought he did well.

One thing we will agree on... Casey is very sick regardless of how this happened. Somehow that baby ended up to rot in the woods. Regardless of how she died... a very sick person either placed or allowed her to be placed there like garbage as a cover up.

That guy with the cowboy hat... can't think of his name. He and another guy spent time in the Casey household after he got her released for a short while... They both say Cindy is like Casey in many ways and the dynamics of Lee in the house is very strange... he's the main male figure. Where does that leave George??... it's all about Cindy and Casey... and Lee....no doubt about that. And we know George's X-wife said he a habitual liar. I guess they all are.

mindseye

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm sure some of the jury think one way and some another way...this case being circumstantial nothing is absolute - science or not. Not even everyone's common sense is the same.

I have found in court cases it's not always the truth that wins but whoever tells the most believable tale. So far, no matter what the defense puts out there to refute what the prosecution is putting out there, the prosecution's tale seems believable....I think KC will get found guilty of deliberately killing her baby, but I don't think she'll get the dp.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 am

LottieM wrote:I'm sure some of the jury think one way and some another way...this case being circumstantial nothing is absolute - science or not. Not even everyone's common sense is the same.

I have found in court cases it's not always the truth that wins but whoever tells the most believable tale. So far, no matter what the defense puts out there to refute what the prosecution is putting out there, the prosecution's tale seems believable....I think KC will get found guilty of deliberately killing her baby, but I don't think she'll get the dp.

Agree! Defense is flip flopping around too much-they are suppose to be creating reasonable doubt not making the jury laugh and say " ya, okay...now who else you go to throw in there? Wait, this WAS an accident, right?"

With what we found out yesterday morning I am wondering if KC will take the stand and if she will throw her lawyers under the bus as well and change her story.
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:10 pm

I wish thh defense would have asked Lee about whether he thinks/thought his dad had an affair. Lee seems to be pretty truthful...especially since he DID go against his mom's statement. Also...the defense should have asked Lee about his Dad fighting & choking KC.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 pm

with the witnesses the defense put on today, family members, I think they are just trying to show that the entire family lies and KC learned it from her parents and big brother.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am

sitemama wrote:with the witnesses the defense put on today, family members, I think they are just trying to show that the entire family lies and KC learned it from her parents and big brother.

good point, mama...which they probably think will translate to "if you believe any of these liars you might as well believe KC when she says it was a pool drowning/accident/child molestation/anything else they want to dream up."

But I think that would backfire...even without any testimony from the family, there's still enough strong circumstantial evidence that KC offered her child then couldn't even be bothered to dump her out of her trunk until the smell got too for KC's nose to bear. I actually think the case is stronger against KC without the family.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down