Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by lily2 Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Thank you Ann - TX

I only ever did what I did for Valhall and no other reason except for the families.

She was the one who got up at 4:30 a.m. to search the net for updates and write stories - not me.

She was the one who mediated disputes between members - I only helped bring them to her attention.

She was rarely not at the site before 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. - before work at her impressive full-time job.

She always backed up her moderators.

Everything was all "Valhall" and it was a heavy burden which she carried until she couldn't do it right now. It may be temporary or it may be permanent - that's her decision.

I made a lot of friends at THM. I miss so many of you - including you Ann - TX who kept up all of the latest news links to the various tragedies. I guess I got burned out before Valhall did - she's a strong person who just had to decide her priorities like all of us do.

I think you all have found a great home here - and should be grateful for the warm welcome you've received. It's hard taking on a bunch of new members (I know). Kudos to RC and their owners and members for the big warm welcome and all of the helpful hints.

I don't think some folks understand how much work it is to host a site like this.

lily2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

STOP the Negative Comments about Valhall/The Hinky Meter immediately!

Please stop the negative comments about Valhall (Val) - The Hinky Meter immediately.

I set this thread up on May 11, 2012 to extend an invitation to all former Hinky Members to join Reality Chatter (RC) if they chose to do so. This thread was not set up as a venue to bash or criticize Valhall (Val)
It is not the way RC rolls!

Please read the first comment of this thread. Thank you. Also, you might want to read this thread starting with Page 1.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3799-hinky-meter-refugees#135559
Reality Chatter - Comment by Ann-Tx: Hi, former Hinksters!

I think we, at Reality Chatter, graciously extended an invitation to all and we have worked very hard to accommodate a mass new membership since 5/11/12. Julie and I were here initially to welcome every one and help folks get acclimated to Reality Chatter such as navigating this site.

Unfortunately, Justice4All (J4A) and FystyAngel, Site Administrators/Owners were not available the first few days because they were out of town.

However, as soon as J4A returned, he was on this site immediately and has made numerous modifications to our already User Friendly site. I think he has bent over backwards to try to accommodate some of the requests made of him. I think he has done an outstanding job in making this site, Reality Chatter, even more user friendly to the many new members.

We are honored to have so many wonderful new members. We have done our very best to welcome the new members and to try to accommodate some of the many requests made on comment boards and via PMs to J4A, Julie and I.

For those who find it necessary to criticize or bash Valhall, please do not use this thread or any thread on Reality Chatter to do so. You are welcomed to use your PM feature here to discuss whatever you want to discuss.

Valhall (Val) never allowed her site, The Hinky Meter, to be used as a venue to criticize or bash other sites. Reality Chatter does not allow it either.

Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this thread on topic!
Thank you.

Ann-Tx

Moving forward . . . enjoy your membership here!
_________

For your convenience, I will C/P the comment which was used to open this thread:

Hinky Meter "Refugees"
by Ann - Tx on Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi, former Hinksters!

It has been confirmed that The Hinky Meter has been shut down by Valhall.

This is a very sad day for the many members of The Hinky Meter. I could cry! Sad Crying or Very sad

Valhall will leave Ventrilo and the Live Chat up for a while for the Hinksters to use. We can meet there to Live Chat during the Tammi Smith trial on Monday and for the duration of the trial.

Several of us Hinksters were on it earlier and were able to Chat since we had downloaded Ventrilo some time ago.

If you are looking for a place to join, you are cordially invited to join Reality Chatter. For your info, I have been a member here since August, 2010 in addition to my membership at The Hinky Meter. It is a great place and I feel safe here.

This site is owned by Justice4All and FystyAngel. They are the Site Administrators and do a great job of monitoring this site.

You do not have to be a member of Reality Chatter to read in the Forum. However, if you want to post a comment, membership is required. Also, once you join, you will see other threads and features that are not available to non-members.

There are a lot of great features here like there were at The Hinky Meter. There is the PM feature which is your private account. If you want to PM, after you join, you will need to post on any thread a time or two and that will activate your PM capability. Your comment can be as simple as, "Hi, I'm new."

You can click on Profile to post your avatar and set your settings, signature if you want one, etc.

There is also a Live Chat at the bottom of the Forum Page available to members. No audio.

The Homepage features updated articles from mainstream media in the center with additional articles to the right. To the left, is a "scrolling roll" which will let you see who posted recently on what thread. You can click on and it will take you to the desired thread.

The Forum is divided into sections. Click on a section and you will be able to view all threads in that section. You can then click on the thread you are interested in. Here is the Link to the Forum:

http://www.realitychatter.com/forum
Reality Chatter - Forum

I, like many of you, will miss Valhall and The Hinky Meter. She is an awesome lady and I am so happy that I was part of her wonderful site. I hope that one day she will decide she wants to have a blog again. I will be among the first to join!

If you join Reality Chatter, you might want to keep your "Hinky Meter" nic so your cyber friends from the Hinky can find you here. There are some Hinky members here.

If you join and need help in navigating this site, please leave a comment here. Some one will help you.

Julie, from the Hinky Meter, is also a member here. She is very knowledgeable about this site. I can also be of help (maybe)!

Looking forward to seeing some (if not all) of The Hinksters here! Hope this info will give you an idea of how to get around at Reality Chatter if you decide to join.

Ann-Tx

The following is a Link to the RULES at Reality Chatter as posted by FystyAngel, Site Owner & Site Administrator. Please scroll down and read the comment posted by Justice4All (10-10-11), Site Owner & Site Administrator.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t9-rules
Reality Chatter - RULES by FystyAngel

Bumping to the new page!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue May 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Rocking wrote above:
Well since I didn't view myself as a 'houseguest' in somebody's 'home' your analogy doesn't change my opinion. I was a member of a forum, a message board dedicated to discussing and finding the answers to what really happened in circumstances involving missing persons. All of the members contributed to making that website what it was. Just because somebody 'owned' the site does not excuse the lack of respect and common decency neglected in the shutting of the site down. We as members out of respect and common decency followed the rules of the site and contributed to it's success. It wasn't a one man show, or in this case a one woman show. It would have been nothing without it's members. She shut it down with a big screw you at the end, it's that simple. Especially since it would have taken so little effort to shut it down courteously. Just one big f/u at the end of EVERYONE'S hard work and thoughtfulness..

Rocking, we at RC welcomes all to our site, BUT we don't condone badmouthing anyone on this thread . And, personally, I did not post at THM, but I did read a lot there and have the utmost respect for Val. She did explain she was having problems with some of the bloggers, and also having personal problems that took precedent over this website. She owned it, and she could close it whenever she liked. After all, she did have another life, besides THM. Please watch what you say here, and I'm sure we won't shut it down because of what you say, but we may shut you out. Thanks

Last edited by sitemama on Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

lily2 wrote:
Rocking wrote:
lily2 wrote:I only have a few things to say. Many of you know me as the first moderator at Hinky. Years ago, Val asked me for help and I agreed to participate because I respected her work ethic and passion so much. I still do. I resigned over minor differences over two cases - but I digress...

I have cautioned and taught many of you to use a "journal" system to document your work and copy and paste your posts for years. As it turns out - most of you didn't. This is your own fault - not Valhall's fault. She didn't advertise herself as being the "forever" vault of your rambling thoughts for forever. The site costs money to maintain and after the Anthony trial ended - the membership volume probably didn't even come close to covering her costs monetarily.

Not to mention - new members rarely read the "rules" that she spent months perfecting in order to allow everyone to have their say but respectfully consider other's opinions and the fragile state of families dealing with tragedy. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be? On top of that - dealing with family issues, etc. which she was very open about.

She didn't and doesn't "owe" you anything. You never paid her for her time, energy, love and care. On top of that - her articles were articulate and well written - not something that can be said for many of the comments that were written in response. You should be grateful for having a free place to spend your time vs bitching about her deciding she's had enough.

She's a wonderful person - living a real life with all of its good times and heartache. Just love her and move on.

Right she doesn't owe me anything! That said - I don't owe HER anything either! I don't owe her respect for the way she shut the site down. I don't owe her hero worship for running a site where many many members contributed to it daily! For some reason, it's expected that we 'understand' and 'love' her and how wonderful she is/was. Yeah OK, if it wasn't for us, her members, she would have been no where with that site. That's the truth of it. How am I supposed to know what a 'wonderful' person she is? She never explained her pulling the plug so I take that as the way it was done.

Perfect example of someone who feels they are "owed" something from something they get for "free". Valhall never made any money from the site above what the costs were - not to mention the energy, thought and care that went into it. And yet, here you are... saying the most unbelievable things. Not to mention... she frequently GAVE money to victims families who needed monetary donations to cover funeral costs, etc. from little bit of money that came from the site.... UGH. This is part of why I can't be a part of these sites anymore. It's so incredibly frustrating how people feel "entitled" and that their work is so important yet they don't back their own stuff up and expect someone else to do it for them. It begs the question, "Who do you think you are?"
Thank you!
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks sitemama for getting the belt out. We were having a great family reunion and now some have pissed you off. I want to thank you and the others on here personally for having us and please do not think we all act like that. Val was an incredible woman and she does not owe me anything. I was glad to see other people cared about the kids but it looks like some were blogging for only them and not the kids. NOW CAN WE PLEASE SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO THE KIDS. Thank you, I feel better.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue May 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Nene, mama does not have a belt, she walks tall and carries a big stick.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue May 22, 2012 3:29 pm

This thread and no other thread on our site is here to badmouth Val. Somebody's personal life takes precedent over a blog everyday of the week. I have great admiration for everything Val did at The Hinky Meter. I used to wonder how she kept up the pace she did for almost three years, devoting all the time and energy it took to run the site and write the great articles she did. My guess is she sacrificed many hours of sleep and a huge chunk of her personal time in running THM, and people should be grateful for the sacrifices she made. Also, THM wasn't taken down totally without warning. I saw a post from her a few months ago saying that said she didn't know if she wanted to continue with the blog, and I've seen many posts from her asking people to simply follow the rules and show some respect. If anyone joined this site for the sole purpose of bashing Val, now would be a good time to leave, and it's really not anybody's business what's she's been dealing with unless she decides to share that information with you.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi son, do you need to borrow my big stick?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

sitemama wrote:Nene, mama does not have a belt, she walks tall and carries a big stick.
LOL. Love it.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Rocking wrote:
One Wonders wrote:I tried to read the trashing of Val here and can't do it.
I miss The Hinky Meter and Val so much.
That poor woman has been dealing with so much and just reached the end of her rope. I would think I'd find nothing but support for her here.
I will defend her to the end.
It was her site to do as she pleased. It wasn't a personal attack against anyone who came to visit her site.
Shame on those of you that want to attack her. I hope you never find yourselves in her shoes.

OK go ahead and defend her then. How am I supposed to know what 'that poor woman has been dealing with"? Explain it then if you will defend her to the end. What exactly was 'the poor woman dealing with:"?
This among other thing maybe.....

In that post you can read her "final article". (if you didn't see it before)
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Justice4all wrote:This thread and no other thread on our site is here to badmouth Val. Somebody's personal life takes precedent over a blog everyday of the week. I have great admiration for everything Val did at The Hinky Meter. I used to wonder how she kept up the pace she did for almost three years, devoting all the time and energy it took to run the site and write the great articles she did. My guess is she sacrificed many hours of sleep and a huge chunk of her personal time in running THM, and people should be grateful for the sacrifices she made. Also, THM wasn't taken down totally without warning. I saw a post from her a few months ago saying that said she didn't know if she wanted to continue with the blog, and I've seen many posts from her asking people to simply follow the rules and show some respect. If anyone joined this site for the sole purpose of bashing Val, now would be a good time to leave, and it's really not anybody's business what's she's been dealing with unless she decides to share that information with you.
Thank you.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by lily2 Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Justice4all wrote:This thread and no other thread on our site is here to badmouth Val. Somebody's personal life takes precedent over a blog everyday of the week. I have great admiration for everything Val did at The Hinky Meter. I used to wonder how she kept up the pace she did for almost three years, devoting all the time and energy it took to run the site and write the great articles she did. My guess is she sacrificed many hours of sleep and a huge chunk of her personal time in running THM, and people should be grateful for the sacrifices she made. Also, THM wasn't taken down totally without warning. I saw a post from her a few months ago saying that said she didn't know if she wanted to continue with the blog, and I've seen many posts from her asking people to simply follow the rules and show some respect. If anyone joined this site for the sole purpose of bashing Val, now would be a good time to leave, and it's really not anybody's business what's she's been dealing with unless she decides to share that information with you.

Good post J4A. Valhall doesn't and never did owe anyone anything and neither do you. Keeping up a site like this is an act of love and devotion - but not a commitment or obligation. People should always remember that. Good luck to you guys with the site and your devotion to crimes against those who cannot protect themselves and rely on the stronger adults around them to do what is right.

lily2

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue May 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 179695
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Dang Mama you been to my house and my husband give you that big stick cause he is always picking up limbs and threating me lol. Thank God I can run faster then him. But if he ever did hit me you would see black smoke coming from my house cause I would burn everything he owned. That has been the agreement between the 2 of us for 32 years. You do not hit me and I do not burn your clothes. Plain and simple. But he sure likes to act like he is big man and I am sure the hell not scared of him either. We are just growing old gracefully together.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Well said J4A! I have a lot of respect for Val. There will be a zero tolerance for bashing Val here.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Julie wrote:

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 179695

I like that one
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

FystyAngel wrote:

Well said J4A! I have a lot of respect for Val. There will be a zero tolerance for bashing Val here.

Thank you Justice4All and FystyAngel!

Both of you have worked very hard for a long time to make RC what it is today. I am grateful and thankful that I have the privilege of being a member of Reality Chatter!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 pm

If we hadn't been touched so much we wouldn't hurt so much. Thanks to Val and all the many posters who have reached out to touch me. It HAS been an exciting dance, hasn't it? Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 541830
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Ditto to what Ann said. Whole heartedly agree with her.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Thank you Ann and Julie- you 2 have handled all the emotional people one by one as we drifted in cyper land and made it here. One by one you took our hands and showed us around and made us feel welcomed. You can not make everyone happy and nobody knows how someone feels until they walk in their shoes. Seems you two have been put in Val's shoes and they may not fit but you just slid on another pair of socks and kept on walking. I 2 feel very privilege to be here so I do not have to google the whole time for updates. I was always lost and I do know how to search, but time plays a big part and nobody seems to take time and we were lucky to have someone that did and now we still do here.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Thank you so much Ann for your continued dedication to RC. I can't thank you & Julie enough. (As well as ALL of our dedicated members).

I think that sometimes....members don't realize the actual work & money, that goes into a site like THM & RC. I know that J4A & I pay for everything for this site. (Did anyone notice that there are no more ads on here for the members?) We NEVER asked for anyone to pay anything for RC but the two of us. We do this because this is something we believe in. Keeping the Missing and/or Murdered's name out in cyber world. Maybe, just maybe...one day RC can bring home someone's loved one. At the very least...we all have a place where we can come & know that we have friends here.

When you feel overwhelmed by one (or more) of the cases, we have other things here at RC. That's why we have threads for other things...fun things.....Creative Writing, Gardens, jokes, games, etc. If we don't have something that you enjoy already....tell us what you would like to discuss or go ahead & start your own threads. We are happy to add new things here.

Look, I truly understand that some of you feel slighted by THM shutting down. It's ok to discuss it but please don't bash Val. She had a wonderful site & maybe, just maybe she'll reopen one day.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playmuni Tue May 22, 2012 4:31 pm

I do want to be perfectly clear, since my one question led into being defined what is now being termed as "Val-bashing". I simply asked if the content was for sale as well as the domain name. Someone answered no. I was at minimum bewildered by this. That's not bashing Val. Nor is it bashing Val to recognize that some people were disappointed in the sudden closure of a site that was just moments before, very active. I for one was not one of those people, because I only read and posted about one case, which was dwindling at best. My disappointment was limited to the possibility of not reconnecting with people. My amusement comes from the fact that we say we didn't see it coming but really we should have. In my snark-infested mindset, I found a lot of irony here. How that is attacking Val personally, I have no idea, but my goodness-- chill out. Don't read so much into a question or a comment about Val. We're not having debates about Jesus. The fact that I found it amusing that Val shut down her site the way she did, is not bashing Val. You cried. I laughed. So what? I do laugh when I think of Val taking a torch to her own house...because really, that is what she did. She torched it....but maybe it was so infested with rats that there was no use in trying to clean it and the only way she'd rid herself of the infestation was to take a match to it and walk away. Who knows, but she did warn us. So....this is why I laugh. It's not laughing at her. I was actually laughing with her. That's how I see it. And for those of you who know some big secret of the "real" reason why she turned off the lights in the middle of the party, and it had to be instant and couldn't wait until she'd posted a good-bye...then you of all people shouldn't be so uptight that I found it amusing that she set herself free? Good for her! We all wish her well. The difference is, I'm just not acting as if we're at a funeral, for god's sake or mourning the loss as if she has been ripped from existence. That's not bashing, it's not disrespectful, and it's not in any way diminishing her talent. She's extraordinarily gifted. But she is human...so can we keep that in perspective? I find it funny. Ease up, it's just fine.

playmuni

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Well put, Playmuni -

As a first time member of a blog community I was stunned to see it go. No judgement either way on the whys though.

HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 pm

HinkySD wrote:Well put, Playmuni -

As a first time member of a blog community I was stunned to see it go. No judgement either way on the whys though.

Ditto! Ditto! Now I hope we can all go back to why we were there and now we're here in the first place, which has been stated up thread much more eloquently than I can.
Peace.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 839314
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:36 pm

One Wonders wrote:
lily2 wrote:
Rocking wrote:
lily2 wrote:I only have a few things to say. Many of you know me as the first moderator at Hinky. Years ago, Val asked me for help and I agreed to participate because I respected her work ethic and passion so much. I still do. I resigned over minor differences over two cases - but I digress...

I have cautioned and taught many of you to use a "journal" system to document your work and copy and paste your posts for years. As it turns out - most of you didn't. This is your own fault - not Valhall's fault. She didn't advertise herself as being the "forever" vault of your rambling thoughts for forever. The site costs money to maintain and after the Anthony trial ended - the membership volume probably didn't even come close to covering her costs monetarily.

Not to mention - new members rarely read the "rules" that she spent months perfecting in order to allow everyone to have their say but respectfully consider other's opinions and the fragile state of families dealing with tragedy. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be? On top of that - dealing with family issues, etc. which she was very open about.

She didn't and doesn't "owe" you anything. You never paid her for her time, energy, love and care. On top of that - her articles were articulate and well written - not something that can be said for many of the comments that were written in response. You should be grateful for having a free place to spend your time vs bitching about her deciding she's had enough.

She's a wonderful person - living a real life with all of its good times and heartache. Just love her and move on.

Right she doesn't owe me anything! That said - I don't owe HER anything either! I don't owe her respect for the way she shut the site down. I don't owe her hero worship for running a site where many many members contributed to it daily! For some reason, it's expected that we 'understand' and 'love' her and how wonderful she is/was. Yeah OK, if it wasn't for us, her members, she would have been no where with that site. That's the truth of it. How am I supposed to know what a 'wonderful' person she is? She never explained her pulling the plug so I take that as the way it was done.

Perfect example of someone who feels they are "owed" something from something they get for "free". Valhall never made any money from the site above what the costs were - not to mention the energy, thought and care that went into it. And yet, here you are... saying the most unbelievable things. Not to mention... she frequently GAVE money to victims families who needed monetary donations to cover funeral costs, etc. from little bit of money that came from the site.... UGH. This is part of why I can't be a part of these sites anymore. It's so incredibly frustrating how people feel "entitled" and that their work is so important yet they don't back their own stuff up and expect someone else to do it for them. It begs the question, "Who do you think you are?"
Thank you!

lily2, you are exactly correct & stated fairly as you always did as a former moderator, Val owed no one anything, yet she provided so much.

The day to day headaches of those that own & maintain blogs are unimaginable, sometimes big headaches can ruin your joy & that's unacceptable on any level for anyone imo. It's always good to see you Lily.

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimeGirl Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Hello and thank you Reality Chatter for hosting all the Hinky refugees. I was never much of a poster on THM, but I read religiously every day. Val had some pretty straightforward rules that I respected (maybe too much since I was a bit afraid to post! lol). But, I saw Val's frustration intensify and I believe she gave every indication that if things did not change drastically, it would be the end. I cringed at the posts that clearly defied her rules. I don't blame her one bit. However, I was still hurt that she shut the forum down with not so much as a goodbye. (this is an expression of hurt - not anger - so I don't feel like it's "Val bashing") What about the rest of us who followed the rules?? Why not just get rid of the problem posters?? I think the anger that I initially felt was just hurt displaced. (Isn't that what anger is about a lot anyways?). It is the fault of the disobedient and disrespectful posters that the forum is closed. But it is Val who threw out the baby with the bathwater. And for that, we might whine - like any baby would.
Thank you again RC for drying us off and adopting us!

CrimeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 pm

You are very welcome crimegirl. I am loving all of the new members & am so excited to get to know each & every one of you. My post about "bashing" Val was more of a warning than a call out. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I just wanted it to be noted that we don't tolerate bashing of each other. We have so many other things that can be discussed instead.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
HinkySD wrote:Well put, Playmuni -

Ditto! Ditto! Now I hope we can all go back to why we were there and now we're here in the first place, which has been stated up thread much more eloquently than I can.
Peace.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 839314

Triple "ditto"!
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 pm

FystyAngel wrote:You are very welcome crimegirl. I am loving all of the new members & am so excited to get to know each & every one of you. My post about "bashing" Val was more of a warning than a call out. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I just wanted it to be noted that we don't tolerate bashing of each other. We have so many other things that can be discussed instead.

Fysty Angel and Justice4All - Thank you!

We so appreciate your warm reception to all the Hinky Refugees.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Good Evening,

Thank you AnnTx for inviting & introducing me to Reality Chatter. I missed all of you!!
stark3923
stark3923

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Puzzler wrote:
FystyAngel wrote:You are very welcome crimegirl. I am loving all of the new members & am so excited to get to know each & every one of you. My post about "bashing" Val was more of a warning than a call out. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I just wanted it to be noted that we don't tolerate bashing of each other. We have so many other things that can be discussed instead.

Fysty Angel and Justice4All - Thank you!

We so appreciate your warm reception to all the Hinky Refugees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm feeling very strongly that this is a good time to once again thank the people here at RC. Not only did they welcome me personally (and everyone else) here but they have added new threads and made changes to existing threads. That is something that surprised me right away since RC was an existing blog-site and certainly didn't need to change a thing for us. THM was my first experience going to a blog-site on a daily basis and now I find myself doing the same thing here at RC. I'm very grateful that I can do this. It means a lot to me and I do appreciate all that has been done for us here on RC. Thank you Fysty Angel, Justice4All, Ann-TX, Julie and Site Mama. Another thank you extended to Val... you'll never know how much it all meant... nobody ever knows until it's gone. (imo, as always)
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue May 22, 2012 7:27 pm

stark3923 wrote:Good Evening,

Thank you AnnTx for inviting & introducing me to Reality Chatter. I missed all of you!!
Welcome, Stark. Missed you smiling face! Razz
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Glad you "found" us Stark!
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Mimi...you are so right! EVERYONE at RC has been the most....tolerable is the word I will use. They have welcomed us to come in and vent and reunite and fit right in. Thank you all!! Ann, you have been a real busy bee trying to get the word out to all of us that were feeling lost over the past week or so....Thank you for your compassion.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you for inviting us to your forum! I just stumbled across the socialize forum - how wonderful to be able to take a break from the heavy cases. This is a very nice site!
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by lily2 Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 pm

My last thoughts are... you all should be thanking J4A and Fysty for the warm embrace and the extra work that goes into moderating all of the new members.

I knew a lot of people would feel lost and stranded when THM closed down - but to have a new home to go to is a very good thing.

I want to thank those of you who kept in touch with me when I moved on - and I want to say that I still love and admire Valhall for everything - and I mean EVERYTHING she has done for victims and their families.

She is a very special person who is dealing with stuff that eventually affects us all in one way or another. Give her some compassion and room to breath (and many of you have already done that).

lily2

Back to top Go down

Post by ThirdEye Wed May 23, 2012 1:22 am

You sound like a really good egg, lily2. I was a frequent lurker, and infrequent poster on Hinky. I just want to say Reality Chatter is wonderful for taking everyone in out of the cyber-cold, and thanks to you lily2, for all you've done for us and The Hinky Meter - all the best to you.

ThirdEye

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 23, 2012 1:56 am

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 864739 to the newbies.

It's great to hear how much you guys like RC and have made yourselves at home.

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 Vacation4Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 Vacation5
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 24, 2012 6:34 am

Just wondering if anyone knows Msessence from THM, she posted the most on Ayla's thread, and how to get a hold of her so we can invite her to this site (if she's interested). I really found her post insightful and hope she finds her way here.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 24, 2012 7:02 am

Always hear it said, if there was room in the heart, then there was room in the house.

Fysty Angel, Justice4All, and their already full house certainly have proved this to be true.
I miss my Hinky Home so much, but the welcoming warmth of RC has made the pain f the loss so much easier to cope with.

Thank You all so very much.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 am

angiefly2 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows Msessence from THM, she posted the most on Ayla's thread, and how to get a hold of her so we can invite her to this site (if she's interested). I really found her post insightful and hope she finds her way here.

Same goes for MrsGott -- she was a paralegal and contributed a lot of great legalese to the discussions - anyone see MrsG??
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Thu May 24, 2012 11:28 am

Same goes for MrsGott -- she was a paralegal and contributed a lot of great legalese to the discussions - anyone see MrsG??.

Yup th8nk she is on here or niceys as cherokee native..
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Thu May 24, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Lily! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 897702 So good to see you!! I hope you'll keep in touch.

Silverspnr, Maura and a few others lent a lot of great legal information as well. I will always be greatful for their contributions and hope to see them here.
LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyjul1 Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 am

YEAH!!! Found it again!! Laughing bounce Computers at work almost got wiped out from a virus! Shocked we lost all kinds of stuff & I lost almost all of my fav list. Finally found this. Thank God our security sys destroyed it before it could breach our banks! But to do that it had to destroy legit things at the same time! What a Pain in the @@@!! All from opening what looked like a legit E-mail! Going to post what happened in next post!

Last edited by jerseyjul1 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
jerseyjul1
jerseyjul1

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyjul1 Fri May 25, 2012 10:16 am

One of the guys here got an E-mail from what looked like Fed-ex. It said "about your package" in the subject line. Since we send leases, billings, marketing stuff Ect Ect Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS & DSL, he opened it! It was a virus that tried to breach our banks! affraid shifty Thank God our security picked up on it when someone tried to log into our banks from an unknown location. Only 4 of us are authorized to log into the banks. Since it was not one of us, it questioned it as being "hinky" . That is when it saw it was a breach & shut it down & destroyed it. Thank God before it breached anything! So PLEASE be careful of what looks like a real E-mail!
jerseyjul1
jerseyjul1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri May 25, 2012 10:23 am

@ jerseyjul1... I wish you would change that av.. every time I see it I melt down and my mind goes numb. Since it is much bigger here than at THM the affect is 10 times more intense. Ohhh THOSE EYES..
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

Hi jerseyful. Luckily you guys stopped the virus before it got too far.
I've heard about those kinds of emails. They're esp dangerous around Christmas, when alot of things are being shipped out.
Fed Ex, USPS, etc will never send an email if there's a problem with a delivery. They will return the package to sender if they have to. Or they will talk to you at your home, or leave a notice on your door or in your mailbox.
Think about it, if it was a real email, how in the world did they get your email address? It's not on the package in the first place.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyjul1 Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

Julie wrote:Hi jerseyful. Luckily you guys stopped the virus before it got too far.
I've heard about those kinds of emails. They're esp dangerous around Christmas, when alot of things are being shipped out.
Fed Ex, USPS, etc will never send an email if there's a problem with a delivery. They will return the package to sender if they have to. Or they will talk to you at your home, or leave a notice on your door or in your mailbox.
Think about it, if it was a real email, how in the world did they get your email address? It's not on the package in the first place.
Thank God my boss changed his mind at the last minute & went with the higher security level. Or it may have been able to access our banks! I work Property Management/Commerical Real Estate. There 17 Bldgs we manage & combined, there are millions of dollars in the banks Yep! That's exactly it! It never dawned on him that Fed-Ex does not have our E-mails until it was too late. Someone asked him why he gave his E-mail to Fed Ex, and that's when it dawned on him HE NEVER DID!
jerseyjul1
jerseyjul1

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

Exactly! Those emails are tricky! They've gotten alot of people from what I heard. And be really careful around Christmas.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 13 624539
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri May 25, 2012 11:13 am

You have got me thinking.. Rec an email yesterday. Sub line said something about me winning $1,000 gift cert in a contest I entered last month. I don't enter contests. Deleted the email. Glad I did.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next