Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by Julie Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

Oh yeah those too. I got a few of those recently too. Most legit contests that you do enter will call you on the phone, or mail you something.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I recently won a Sony Tablet from marlboro.com. When I first posted it, that I had won, lots of people thought it was a scam. However, I knew that I had entered, so I knew it was legit. (I got the item a few days later) If you have NOT entered a contest, do NOT open the email...it very well can be a scam & most likely is.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri May 25, 2012 4:23 pm

lily2 wrote:I only have a few things to say. Many of you know me as the first moderator at Hinky. Years ago, Val asked me for help and I agreed to participate because I respected her work ethic and passion so much. I still do. I resigned over minor differences over two cases - but I digress...

I have cautioned and taught many of you to use a "journal" system to document your work and copy and paste your posts for years. As it turns out - most of you didn't. This is your own fault - not Valhall's fault. She didn't advertise herself as being the "forever" vault of your rambling thoughts for forever. The site costs money to maintain and after the Anthony trial ended - the membership volume probably didn't even come close to covering her costs monetarily.

Not to mention - new members rarely read the "rules" that she spent months perfecting in order to allow everyone to have their say but respectfully consider other's opinions and the fragile state of families dealing with tragedy. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be? On top of that - dealing with family issues, etc. which she was very open about.

She didn't and doesn't "owe" you anything. You never paid her for her time, energy, love and care. On top of that - her articles were articulate and well written - not something that can be said for many of the comments that were written in response. You should be grateful for having a free place to spend your time vs bitching about her deciding she's had enough.

She's a wonderful person - living a real life with all of its good times and heartache. Just love her and move on.

RBM - Hi Lily! Thank you for your comments! Val had mentioned on THM she had lost a good friend over the past months. It was obvious you mean a lot to her. It is heartfelt that you have come to your friends defense. I consider her a friend as well, not on the same level as you. She owes me one thing, to take care of herself. I appreciate the time I had at THM. The ride was worth the fall my friend! I'm grateful I had the pleasure of getting to know a genuine raw person. Which is rare these days. There were warnings after warnings, Val wasn't keeping it secret she was at her breaking point. She was frustrated and even hurt over the lack of respect she was receiving. At one time she had posted she wasn't sure she was going to continue with the forum anymore. I miss Val and THM very much, but a healthy friend at peace is more important than my own selfish wants. Take care Lily and take care of our friend Valhall.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 am

lily2 wrote:Thank you Ann - TX

I only ever did what I did for Valhall and no other reason except for the families.

She was the one who got up at 4:30 a.m. to search the net for updates and write stories - not me.

She was the one who mediated disputes between members - I only helped bring them to her attention.

She was rarely not at the site before 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. - before work at her impressive full-time job.

She always backed up her moderators.

Everything was all "Valhall" and it was a heavy burden which she carried until she couldn't do it right now. It may be temporary or it may be permanent - that's her decision.

I made a lot of friends at THM. I miss so many of you - including you Ann - TX who kept up all of the latest news links to the various tragedies. I guess I got burned out before Valhall did - she's a strong person who just had to decide her priorities like all of us do.

I think you all have found a great home here - and should be grateful for the warm welcome you've received. It's hard taking on a bunch of new members (I know). Kudos to RC and their owners and members for the big warm welcome and all of the helpful hints.

I don't think some folks understand how much work it is to host a site like this.
I definitely understand a lot of what Val was going through and I agree that many folks don't understand how much work it is to run a site like this.

As an example, I'm getting alerts that certain people are plotting to start a flame war here.

See the following snips from Wikipedia

Flamebait (more commonly known as trolling) is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the poster often has no real interest in.

A flame war results when multiple users engage in provocative responses to the originally posted flamebait. Flame wars often draw in many users (including those trying to defuse the flame war) and can overshadow regular forum discussion if left unchecked.

Resolving a flame war can be difficult, as it is often hard to determine who is really responsible for the degradation of a reasonable discussion into flame war. Someone who posts a contrary opinion in a strongly focused discussion forum may be easily labeled a "baiter", "flamer", or "troll".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_%28Internet%29

Some of the possible flamebait being discussed was to accuse one of the owners of RC of being Cindy Anthony. Seriously, who in their right mind would buy that, but less obvious flamebait isn't always easy to pick out. Please keep in mind that when you find yourself getting riled up by someone, you may be falling right into their trap.

Now the Trayvon Martin thread is getting to be a problem, possibly from a combination of flamebait and users who can't agree to disagree, so I have over 1,000 posts to sort through there when I'd rather focus on cases concerning the missing.

Sometimes there is no winning for somebody running a site. A typical scenario is that one member will get offended by something that another member posts. If the person doing the offending really deserved to be banned, we usually still have a few members who leave with them because they were friends with the person and didn't agree that the person was doing anything wrong, or they think we were infringing on that person's right to freedom of speech.

In the case that a member gets offended and we don't ban somebody or do something immediately, the member often threatens to leave or goes ahead and leaves without saying anything. Sometimes, those are members who I like a lot and are otherwise really good contributors, but they either get their feelings hurt very easily or they get their feelings hurt after falling for flamebait. It's like they expect their hurt feelings to be a higher priority for me than my wife and kids.

It's happened here plenty of times and I'm sure it happened to Val at THM plenty of times. There is no keeping everybody happy once a dispute arises, so it seems like your choices are getting fed up and shutting down the site or keeping the site open and having a bunch of members quit on you.

We have no plans to ever shut down the site, but I can promise that my family comes above spending a whole day or a whole weekend resolving a bunch of drama, so problems aren't always going to be resolved immediately, especially in threads with hundreds or thousands of posts.

Other than all that and the very few people who try to cause that type of drama, I love being a part of this site and have enjoyed most the people from THM who joined here and immediately started contributing to the threads. It's just like Lily said, it's not always easy and some folks don't understand how much work it is.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 am

I will keep a bucket of ice water near my computer
in the event of any FLAMES. I'll just stick my head
in it and cool off before attempting to respond to
anything that might start a war here. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 121648
I love that goofy little girl!
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

Let me get one more thing off my chest before I go back into positive mode.

Another problem is that people take an opinion from one post and think it reflects the opinion of the whole site. An example is that this thread is probably 98% to 99% positive towards Val and someone takes a couple negative comments and acts like the whole site is bashing Val.

The following should be automatically understood in a discussion forum and there really should be no need to post a disclaimer such as:

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by individual members in the discussion forum are not necessarily the views of this website or its management.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat May 26, 2012 11:27 am

J4A... So one opinion which doesn't reflect the general population's view point will remain only one opinion, as long as the gen pop ignores it and acts as if it is unimportant, thus reducing the chances of a wild fire
Am I getting it yet?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat May 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Marcia an Lilly ,,Justice4all DM an all the mods at RC an members..Im haveing pc issues so havent posted much but glad an happy to see many hinkyites at this site.Marcia I keep hopeing for positive news re your son daughter in law an your H replacement...
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Just a quick re scams involveing parcells ect..At the momment there is an organised crime world wide scam that involves scamming hundreds off your phone bill..You receive a card through your door informing you that a package was attempted to deliver to you but unable..It looks officiall an legit could be from parcel force or whatever the popular delivery service in your country is..There are numbers for you to call to enquire about how to collect your package..Thease numbers allege to be a free line...O8OO ECT or whatever freecodes are in the country you live..So all seems safe..However when you phone your call is diverted to another number in Bellize S America an4oo pounds or nearly 8 hUNDRED DOLLARS is charged to your acount...Its a very simple an efFective scam so please BEWARE...Check with the office of wichever carrier purrports to be sending the parcell an dont phone the numbers on the card.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Ecossie! Thank you for the info. I miss your kitteh avatar...Wow that reminded me of Six of One (?).
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Lash thanx but you are welcome 6 of one was brilliant siverspur an so so many magpie bob goodboy maura an I missed the rouge hinky when Vall updated the site that wee bugger used to pop up at the most inapropriate times,, I see Elljay is on this site also a home from home an very wellcomeing.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Sat May 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Rouge Winky I Meant winks
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Sat May 26, 2012 4:51 pm

And PotatoHead and JWG, sorely missed from the old days. Thanks for the reminder about Maura, she was awesome.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Chester! My favorite avatar. I was thinking about your cute face yesterday.

Ecossie - I remember when I officially came out of lurking and began posting on THM. You gave me tips on my posts on the Caylee threads. I will never forget the times during the trial. Especially when we all were in total amazement of Silly Sally. The very moment she spoke we all were typing as fast as we could to share our thoughts on her drunkenness or she was overly medicated (Xanax) *wink*.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyjul1 Tue May 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Marica wrote:You have got me thinking.. Rec an email yesterday. Sub line said something about me winning $1,000 gift cert in a contest I entered last month. I don't enter contests. Deleted the email. Glad I did.

I got this same one on my cell phone! I deleted it. I don't enter contests either!

Oh & sorry about my Johnny Depp pic. It does the same thing to me it does to you. roflao I found that online somewhere, & about passed out when I saw it! I have loved him ever since I 1st saw him on 21 Jump Street many years ago! He just does it for me! inlove
jerseyjul1
jerseyjul1

Back to top Go down

Post by jaquey Tue May 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Julie I am truly lost over here with the "Refugee's" dee will never find me I am sure. You know that banning thing over where I used to belong. Sad

jaquey

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Tue May 29, 2012 4:12 pm

And who can forget the irrepressible "Suunydeeds" who said she was 90 something and had some interesting posts..
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm

@ Wonderingwhy

She was 96, the same age as my Aunt. I was able to buy the story for a long time because my aunt was so active until she hurt her knee last year.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

She was a hoot anyway..Even if she did embellish A LOT!!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

jerseyjul, I thought of you and your profile this weekend when I saw a movie called "The Tourist" (?). I thought I had seen EVERY movie with Johnny Depp in it. I don't know how I had missed that one.
LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyjul1 Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 am

LuLu-Tx wrote:jerseyjul, I thought of you and your profile this weekend when I saw a movie called "The Tourist" (?). I thought I had seen EVERY movie with Johnny Depp in it. I don't know how I had missed that one.

I never hear of that one either! I thought I saw em all too! I'll have to look for that one.
jerseyjul1
jerseyjul1

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

wonderingwhy wrote:She was a hoot anyway..Even if she did embellish A LOT!!

Err, okay, we'll say embellish. Shocked

kh

khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Fuzzy Ears
Birthing Altar
Placenta Burial

If you know what any of these things are, count yourself as a TRUE Hinky!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 4328c1ce

Anyone remember this? KZ does Carpet Testing-- minus the white Pontiac Sunfire! Very Happy

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 Bleachandacetone

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 Velveeta

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 Thehinkymeter

Last edited by KZ on Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Bwaahaahaahaahaa! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 pm

KZ - you're reading my mind! I found a photo and clipped the heading too. I saved it with this picture...

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 45a021d7

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm

KZ wrote:Fuzzy Ears
Birthing Altar
Placenta Burial

Anyone remember this? KZ does Carpet Testing-- minus the white Pontiac Sunfire! Very Happy

Good one KZ..You got Sunnydeed's Avatar and embelished it~
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm

jaquey wrote:Julie I am truly lost over here with the "Refugee's" dee will never find me I am sure. You know that banning thing over where I used to belong. Sad

Aww, jaquey. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 623565 hug

dee saw me here, she'll see you too if she's still reading here. study

Hi dee! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 540129
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 pm

KZ wrote:Fuzzy Ears
Birthing Altar
Placenta Burial

Ahhh these pics have just brought back so many wonderful memories. Those were good times. We sure had fun.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed May 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Sunnydeeds was certainly entertaining that is for sure. Wonder what she is up to now. There were so many wonderful "virtual" friends snugging up to the HM virtual bar that I still think about to this day....Ecossie mentioned a few upthread. I feel so honored to have "known" so many good people thru the HM.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 pm

jaguey, I hope dee finds us. Were you banned, also, from you know where? Gosh, to this day, I still do not know what I did unless it was just asking two people to consider the opinion of others. Apparently, there are two people on the Martin/Zimmerman case that are allowed to bully others & take over the thread at that site. Is that because the moderator agrees with them???
Anyway, happy to see you & happy to be here.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by jaquey Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi alabama52----You are not telling me you were banned also?? Those 2 people completely took over the whole site!! And it was allowed. I do not know what happened with all the rules that we were to follow about agree to disagree! I posted in ChatRoom and a word regarding what was happening on Zimmerman thread was not liked by whoever is running that site now. So I was GONE!! But so nice to meet up with you again!

I hope dee finds us too. I think she knows what happened to me though. How long have you been gone? Must be almost 2 months for me. I still read there and nothing has changed on that thread.So happy to see you. Who besides us is gone I wonder?

jaquey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirantha Wed May 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Previous THM member, didn't post much after the CA trial (my heart broke more than a little), but frequent reader. Am actually pretty shocked at how sad & stunned I was to see the site just... gone. I guess I was far more attached to it than I knew.
afro

This is kinda my "test post"... Good to see familiar names, and thank you so much to RC for welcoming everyone on over.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 839314
Mirantha
Mirantha

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 pm

jaquey, yep, I was banned. The thing about one of those two people (the really 'small' one....get my drift?) is that she admitted a couple of months ago that she had changed her name & such because she had been banned or something for getting into it with a couple of people. That is definitely against that website's rules but they've allowed her to stay & continue being rude.
Anyway, I've seen some comments from others at a few other sites that can see that those two are running that thread so we are not the only ones that see it.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by jaquey Wed May 30, 2012 8:31 pm

At top of this page you will see "inbox" from now on we can talk through personal messages. Just click on the "inbox'.Whoops better say who i am speaking to. But dee will see these posts anyway Alabama52. So see you at the inbox

jaquey

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 am

So comforted to find a Hinky refugee thread! I was Plastic Horse. I miss Val's blog a ton and wish she'd write a book so I could buy it.
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 864739 LucyJane. Glad you found us. Make yourself at home and if you have any questions, just ask.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 am

Julie wrote: Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 864739 LucyJane. Glad you found us. Make yourself at home and if you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks for the Welcome! I've been reading here for a longish time. I'm generally not a heavy poster, obviously, but certainly wanted to acknowledge the amount of work that goes into these forums as well as the expense and the enormous amount of burnout from both the content discussed and the conflicts it can cause.

I have to admit that it felt a little like a beacon going out, but I'm all for Val exercising her right to a peaceful existence. A bit of a break from reading and thinking about crime leaves a little space for some happy to sneak in. I'm also very happy to see so many of the posters I looked forward to reading.
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 am

jaquey, long time no see! So glad to see you posting and I bet dee will see you here! dee is on top of things as we know!

I have missed you! I still think about the good old days a few years back. Hope all is well with you. ♥
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 am

I have not been on this thread in a while.

A huge Texas size welcome to all of the new members that have joined since the last time I was on this thread!

LucyJane, glad you found us former Hinksters!

I thought of you last week. When researching some things related to our beloved Val and THM, I found your yellow plastic horse avatar! It looked so lonely. Sad

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Thu May 31, 2012 1:15 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
I have not been on this thread in a while.

A huge Texas size welcome to all of the new members that have joined since the last time I was on this thread!

LucyJane, glad you found us former Hinksters!

I thought of you last week. When researching some things related to our beloved Val and THM, I found your yellow plastic horse avatar! It looked so lonely. Sad

LOL I couldn't find the poor thing. It was kind of sad looking. I figured I'd leave my name here as it is rather than figure out how to make it Plastic Horse. So so glad to be here under any name and to know I wasn't alone in the dark, so to speak.
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 am

LucyJane.. Kinda glad you changed the name.. Plastic horse (to me) seemed cold and distant... like a toy forgotten under the lilac bush when the kids went off to play elsewhere. Now I see a warm and lively person connected.
Hope this isn't offensive ... I seem to get myself in trouble a lot with offering my perceptions.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 31, 2012 3:40 am

LucyJane, I like your "new" nic. You've let folks know your former nic at THM and all the former Hinksters will know who you are.

I like your new avatar, too! It is festive!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 am

Marica wrote:LucyJane.. Kinda glad you changed the name.. Plastic horse (to me) seemed cold and distant... like a toy forgotten under the lilac bush when the kids went off to play elsewhere. Now I see a warm and lively person connected.
Hope this isn't offensive ... I seem to get myself in trouble a lot with offering my perceptions.

Your perception on this was spot on. For that particular place the name represented the odd toy, the observer with the bird's eye view, who could sort out what all the hooting chattering Barbies were up to from a distance. In real life I'm a trailer dwelling, bluegrass loving, painter of landscapes.
Very Happy
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 am

Good... I visited my old family farm Mon. and was taken back in time as I stood beneath the Maple tree where I played. I didn't have a plastic horse, but did leave my doll under that tree more than once. Maybe I should have called myself Judy online.. Anyway, I couldn't see the plastic horse left behind under the tree but a lilac bush seemed more the place a horse would be left behind.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 Maple5x7
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 31, 2012 11:43 am

Plastic Horse-
Good to see you! I liked your name! It was special, one-of-a-kind thing.
Always made me think of the last horse of a carousel. One so special it had been saved and adopted. (Admittedly, the horse you showed was strange but I have an imagination, you know?)

I will try to remember your new name.

Welcome ! Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 14 88030
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

LucyJane, if you decide you would like to change your name back to Plastic horse, J4A can do that for you! Just send him a PM requesting the change if you decide to go back to your old name.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks so much Snaz, but LucyJane is kind of my forever handle and fits fine. I'll round up a pony for my avvie and jump in.
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Does anyone know what happened to sunnydeeds? I saw where she was mentioned here yesterday. Did she continue to post after the Anthony case? I took a break after that case & was just returning when the Hinky was shut down.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm

LucyJane wrote:Thanks so much Snaz, but LucyJane is kind of my forever handle and fits fine. I'll round up a pony for my avvie and jump in.

Sounds good! And btw, welcome to you.... and all the other former Hinkies who have decided to call RC your home! We're very glad you're here and hope you love it as much as we do!

I, personally, look forward to getting to know you...
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 pm

alabama52.. Sunnydeeds went through some bad times. I don't recall how it all went down, but her husband first had to have a leg amputated, then he died. Not long after that she learned she had a fast moving cancer.. not sure what it was, but she only had a short time to live, where upon a relative began posting her condition ... This was about the time my computer died, so I only got in on the last of it where Val verified that SD was a fake. A few who supported her left in a huff, angry that anyone would question her. Some of us had started a facebook THM Friends group to remain in contact and SD was a part of that. Some left there also. Bottom line SD was a fabricator of tales. She was good, but it was hard on her as she aged very quickly... when she left she was 96. Can't recall her age when she first arrived.. To me it was really sad. She was a hoot, and loved the way she wrote, if only she had been more honest with everyone.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next