Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinky Meter "Refugees"

+132
Ann - Tx
Dupin
hinky_shadow
Six of One
Willow123
NanaStacy
glazier
chewet
Valhall
hello clarice
Joni 10
Snaz
LucyJane
Mirantha
alabama52
khintx
jaquey
ThirdEye
stark3923
CrimeGirl
HinkySD
lily2
logbump
Fingerlakes
Rocking
Cleopatra
CasaSupporter
playmuni
debloree
CuriousPortlander
Cubs Fan
summerthyme
carlakay
KimmyK
Lash
Orgona
ClaireUncensored
Piper
LuLu-Tx
ellejay
steff13
tnvol
GoodWitch
smitty1965
Twinkle
JayBos
lotusflame
old chemistry major
inthedark
ustwin
robbyred
BrowncoatWhit
Estee
snowbird
Bmore
Glamourcat
Hobnob
Tob in Ohio
jerseyjul1
Marica
Ellie Tza
KZ
Justice4all
wonderingwhy
emberl
CA Lady
NoZone9
Chester_from_THM
auburn99girl
Hinky's Mimi
JustWinnie
Tinyworm
Gizmo711
Soprano1
DebFrmHell
lostyou
Kwest
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Carolina Grandma
agatha_in_SD
junie4justice
KellyJK
Lilith
Scarsmom
justanopinion
FystyAngel
Gracie
DanStar
*GEL*
JMG610
peony459
eva
CherokeeNative
Ms Esq
kimi_SFC
tesstruhart
color77
Com-Sen
Weeziethm
suz1729
ecossie possie
Gia
Mercysake
stina
ishi
KathyNY
ohwow1
Eileen_Dover
ExerSarah
Puzzler
Stolat
Igirl
nanshin
Darkman
djmed99
ruckrider bball
jeflinkin
HawaiianEye
angela_nw
Fishknees
Honeysage
SweetT
KeepingMyWitts
One Wonders
Tamta
sitemama
nanaof4
Nene_Please
Hunters G-ma
angiefly2
Chickenbutt
136 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 Empty Re: Hinky Meter "Refugees"

Post by alabama52 Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Marica...thanks for your response. OMG, I do not even know what to say. Sunnydeeds certainly fooled me. In fact, I loved her posts so much that, on occasion, I would read them to my husband. He enjoyed them, too.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

she was very entertaining. I liked her too. Was pretty sure her stories were bit off, but if she was really 96 one could overlook some of what she said as faulty memory. Long before she revealed her illness, she had been absent from THM for a few days. I was concerned, and it didn't take but a couple phone calls and some computer work to learn I had been HAD! Never said anything to anyone about it though. Then Val did some research and when she came up empty handed.. the schidt hit the fan. I think Val was attempting to send flowers.. Ooops.. NEVER try to put one over on Val... Bad move.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 pm

If I remember correctly , I think Sunnydeeds was in her 50's when she first started posting.I think Val did a progression of Sunnydeeds posts on one of her blogs and she did age rather quickly..lol..
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu May 31, 2012 3:01 pm

wonderingwhy wrote:If I remember correctly , I think Sunnydeeds was in her 50's when she first started posting.I think Val did a progression of Sunnydeeds posts on one of her blogs and she did age rather quickly..lol..

Yep!! It was a 33 page PDF which I actually saved before the accidental purge. Good times Very Happy
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Thu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
wonderingwhy wrote:If I remember correctly , I think Sunnydeeds was in her 50's when she first started posting.I think Val did a progression of Sunnydeeds posts on one of her blogs and she did age rather quickly..lol..

Yep!! It was a 33 page PDF which I actually saved before the accidental purge. Good times Very Happy

Oh you saved it!! That was a good idea..Fun reading for sure!! Oh you have something from the Hinky Meter, makes me nostalgic!!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu May 31, 2012 4:43 pm

bounce
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyNY Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm

I still have my Hinky Meter coffee mug Very Happy

KathyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 31, 2012 5:16 pm

alabama52 wrote:Marica...thanks for your response. OMG, I do not even know what to say. Sunnydeeds certainly fooled me. In fact, I loved her posts so much that, on occasion, I would read them to my husband. He enjoyed them, too.

HA! Kinda reminds me of that 2003 movie "Big Fish" with Ewan McGreggor and Albert Finney where his dad had these huge unbelievable tales from his past. In the end, there was truth to much of what he spun. Just not a lot -- but enough to make it entertaining and rather harmless. He just was a soul who lived in a different reality plane.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by jaquey Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 pm

bounce

Hi Ann-TX Nice to see you again too. We may soon be all reunited if only dee could put her thinking cap on and find us all!! crystal ball

jaquey

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Who the heck is dee?

As for those who spin yarns, have one of those in our family. This idiot claims my Father was the man who trained Roy Roger's horse Trigger. Dad was born and lived his entire life in Iowa and never ventured more than 50 miles west of Omaha Neb. Trigger was born in Calif and never left the state according to research online. His other tales are even less believable. Some people just can't help themselves.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu May 31, 2012 8:13 pm

My mother and one my aunts use to write each other letters even though they lived 15 miles apart and seen each other a lot but did it for entertainment purposes. But they would write about their boyfriends and their exciting lives which were all fictional. Their husbands knew and laughedd it off cause it was just a way of expressing their hiden talents of creative writing. Maybe it was a way for sunnydees ro express herself and she seemed to entertain some of ya'll so she just could maybe not stop once she knew she had some hooked. I loved reading my moms letters and knew it was all innocent but sometimes peoples own personal lives sound better when you feed on things being bad since that is why we all come together was our love for these kids what their own parents never had for them. I am not trying to come off negative but I know that sometimes once you stir the pot you just keep throwing things in cause it is not full yet. Saometimes the real world is so sad we are better off in this cyper world with people that care more than your own family.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Nene, I respect your opinion, but IMO, Sunny was nothing more than a liar. I don't lie to people and I don't expect them to lie to me.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Marica wrote:Who the heck is dee?

As for those who spin yarns, have one of those in our family. This idiot claims my Father was the man who trained Roy Roger's horse Trigger. Dad was born and lived his entire life in Iowa and never ventured more than 50 miles west of Omaha Neb. Trigger was born in Calif and never left the state according to research online. His other tales are even less believable. Some people just can't help themselves.
Trigger, eh? LOL When I was just a little girl(I hear a song coming on!) my mother took me to see Roy and Dale and Trigger at some shopping center opening. I don't remember much. Roy or Dale could not make it because there had been a death in the family. Trigger was there, however. All I remember was this terrible crowd and the horse reared up! Oh, That was one BIG tall horse and so pretty!

Many years later, I visited the Roy Rogers museum up by Apple Valley. No one was there it was so still. Inside, the dog and Trigger had both been stuffed and mounted. I read the letters Dale had written about a child named Robin. It was all so sad and almost morbid. Big shocker to little school girl memories.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by jaquey Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 pm

May I ask what happened to Sunnydeed? All I know about her is that she was very old (96) and told some great stories. Well maybe not 96? Well maybe some great tales? lol! But anyway what happened to her now? lol!

jaquey

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:00 pm

I think she "died", if only in her mind....and disappeared. I really have no idea. And actually couldn't care less.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Yes liars are number one on my list of the worst people. Sometimes the little ones just start and create a web you can not back out of. To this day if I have to lie to my mom to cover up maybe a happy birthday surprise, I still hate myself for it. Sunnydees did take maybe a small one and went out of control but for her maybe it was for entertainment but for everyone else is was serious. That is why I do not believe in lieing cause it does lead to someone getting hurt in the long run. Glad though we are all on here to clear our minds and we may come across some more that write just for entertainment but hope they are truely here for a cause too. I have no imagination and maybe that is a good thing. Maybe Val did everyone a favor and made us grow up and move on to use our minds with other sites. She was a very smart lady and knew we all would search until we were all back together again. I mostly just read on thm but now I try to post more because my thoughts are on these missing kids and someone has to know were they are at.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 pm

Your opinions are very welcome and just as valuable as anyone else's Nene.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu May 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks. I try to be nice since I was an only child until 16 and had nobody to blame. My mom kept her creative writing to herself and never shared it with my brother and I. She sugar coats things not to lie but to make us look perfect. She will go to her grave doing it and I am soo glad she never when overboard except for her little boyfriends which was a joke between two old women. Nobody else knew except family and we all knew you got to leave the house to get involved with someone else. But back to blogs that is the reason I read cause in my mind I can not except a parent hurting a child and I have to read it to make me understand why would anyone hurt an innocent child that loves them more than anything else in the world. I lost a granddaughter when she was 5 months old and it was an accident. My daughter was at work and the baby and her father were taking a nap. She went head first off the head of the bed while he was still asleep and sufficated in some blankets they had put there so she would not hurt herself if she rolled off the bed. The media was all over the house and that was the worse day of my life. My husband and I drove like crazy to pick up my daughter at work after she got the call and when we got the their house I seen her little foot hanging out of the covers in the ambulance, something I would never wish on anyone. I know what happened to mine, but for the grandparents that live day to day wondering weights on my mine cause the heartache has to be beyond words. That is the reason I read and respect everyones reasoning and try to stay positive for these kids cause someone has to care. Love to keep hope and that sometimes does over shadow the media opinions cause they are out for a story. I seen that in action but was so glad they did not report anything on our story cause it was not so big to them.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 pm

So sorry to hear about your GrDgt Nene. Sometimes it takes something awful to really open our eyes. It sounds like you are doing whatever it takes to respect the memory of your GrDgt and all the little babies that are missing. I'm sure that your positive thoughts are helping someone somewhere (and maybe even one or two of us here). You are a good example for us to follow.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu May 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you chickbutt. I had 7 more since then but she was my first and felt lost for awhile. I was the rock in the family and still am, but sometimes the rock needs to be put down in a nice spot to rest for awhile. I do go to hell and back for my kids and grandkids and wish some felt the same as me. Let us all pray that one day we can wake up and we can go one day without one child missing or murdered. It is not much to ask for but we did not control our destiny, God has those answers or some evil person does. Pray for the kids that never knew what real love was and pray justice does come to them even after the person that cause it leaves this place we call earth. We may never know but someone will.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 pm

What happened with the amount of pages in threads?

Here, for example, was over 30 pages earlier .. -- now it's 15

Here: http://www.realitychatter.com/t3804p150-jane-bashara-deceased-1-24-12 -- there was 9 pages there earlier .. - now it's 4

Some posts got deleted or there was an increase of amount of posts per page or something? :)

Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 pm

J4A increased the number of posts on a page from 20 to 50. All the posts are still there. Very Happy
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't think SD set out to lie. Not sure at what point she realized she was entertaining and decided to color up her life a bit. She would probably have been OK had she not started to put out feelers for sympathy. It wasn't until she informed her many friends that she had a short time to live that everything went to hell for her. So many were sad, and wanted to DO something for her. I guess that was why a lot of became very upset. It seemed that she played a lot of us for fools.
I have spoken of my inner child whom I call Abby. I suppose I could be creative and claim Abby is my little girl and tell tales about her and that wouldn't hurt anyone. But why pretend? At least to the point of making others THINK she is a real child. I just don't see the need to play head games with anyone.

Re: Trigger.. according to research I've done, the REAL Trigger never left Cailf. There were a number of horses who were stand ins for him. And my Dad didn't train any of them either. I wish I could share with you some of the other tall tales this idiot has dreamed up. He has such an imagination.

I rather enjoy the talents of a good bullschidter.. but I despise a liar.

I had an aunt who when bored out of her mind would sit down and write some wild letter to her sisters. They were always funny and totally fiction. She would even put a return address on the envelop of 40th & Plumb One the inside she would explain 40 miles from no where and Plumb the hell out in the boondocks. Her letter were a riot to read.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Joni 10 Thu May 31, 2012 11:43 pm

NeNe I am so sorry that happened to your little grandbaby. I never know what to say at a time like this ... but hugs coming your way from Oregon. ♥

Joni 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

Snaz wrote:J4A increased the number of posts on a page from 20 to 50. All the posts are still there. Very Happy
...as i thought :)

Thanks....
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 am

Several years ago I began writing poetry. It was a slelf help venture cheap therapy... I'm not very good at it, but it did help me to rid myself of some excess baggage. A lot of this I posted online. Recently someone asked if I had a copy of something I had written and since I couldn't find it stored on my computer I did some online digging to see if it had made it to one of the places where I had posted. I was stunned to discover a comment posted by SD on one of my writes. She was mad as hell because I had not stood by her when she got busted. I guess that is one way to deal with being less than honest. I felt really sorry for her. Still do I guess. I wish she could come back as herself and just be herself. We wouldn't have to know she was the one who told tall tales. I think she would be a very interesting person if she could just see that she doesn't have to embellish to be accepted.
Sometimes I wonder how many others put on some sort of front. There are a few who have shown different types of personalities on other blogs from what they display on another. Me, I am the same where ever I go. Can't resist chattering like a chip monk. It is one of my major flaws. I wish I could learn to jut shut the hell up.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am

Joni 10 wrote:NeNe I am so sorry that happened to your little grandbaby. I never know what to say at a time like this ... but hugs coming your way from Oregon. ♥

Thank you. My daughter, which was her mother said at the graveside services " how can I cry over something that bought me so much joy". Me i could cry buckets, but my daughter was so proud of her. My daughter went on to have an another beautiful daughter which graduated kindergarden this week and so course I was right there with 3 more of my granddaughters. I see the joy she brings to my daughter but I know there is pain from missing the one that is gone. We have a strong family and she will always be part of our family in everything we do as we try to celebrate her not grieve her. You have to make any wrong a right. God bless you
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 pm

KZ, great memories of THM! If I were more computer savvy I would add on Pink Twinkies and Tin Foil Hats. :)

Kathy, do you really?? I meant to order one but never did.

As for SD. No comment other than I loved her "Granny" pic (I was a big Beverly Hillbillies fan back in the day. LOL Don't hold it against me!) and did enjoy some of her stories...but took them with a grain of salt. Ellejay picked up on her deceit fairly quickly and questioned it. Turns out, she was right!

Val, just in case your reading here.... ((((Hugs)))) Thanks for so many great discussions and memories.
LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 pm

@ by Marica Yesterday at 11:56 pm
~~~
Marica, there is a Poetry Corner here at RC. Just click on New Topic, title your poem and let it rip . . . .

concerned is a very talented poetry writer. Her niece, Kelly Austin, has a thread on RC and concerned has written many beautiful poems.

Here's the Link to Poetry Corner:

http://www.realitychatter.com/f71-poetry-corner
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:08 pm

LuLu, yes, there were some awesome memories made at THM.

Val's wit, sense of humor and intellegence is awesome and is greatly missed. I think one of Val's many attributes is her critical thinking skills and without a doubt it contributed to the great site THM was before it was shut down.

I will never forget Val. An awesome lady!

It says a lot when shows such as Idenification Discovery monitor one's site and folks like Richard Hornsby comment on your site. Without a doubt, NG, JVM, InSessions, HLN, etc. had folks monitoring THM based on things said on their shows. It could only come from one place and that was THM!

LuLu, do you know if there is any new development in Ali's case? Have you noticed any searches when you are out and about? When I go directly to our local mainstream media and run a search, there is nothing recent.

As you know our local Houston media have been wonderful in supporting Ali's family and ever so often keeping Ali's name out there.

Just think . . . Ali would be headed to college in the fall.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu-Tx Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Ann, thanks for asking.

No, no new developments that I am aware of. The latest media coverage was on Fox26 (Last Friday? May 25th maybe?) and the last event was at the end of April around the two-year anniversary of her disappearance. I guess that's about when the last search was as well. Her parents and many supporters are still trying to get her picture and information out there as much as possible: signs on vehicles, grocery carts, restaurant menus and now plans for a missing person's billboard are in the works.

She should be graduating from high school next weekend, walking across the stage with all her friends. It's not fair. Just not fair at all. Sad

LuLu-Tx
LuLu-Tx

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm

I feel kind of a fool, but is there a place for this link about Desiree Young filing a civil suit against Terri Horman? I didn't want to put it in the Nancy Grace thread and don't see one in the news thread..... Since it was this case really led me to the internet discussion thing I wanted to pass it along.... I know, ocd.....

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/desiree_young_seeks_10_million.html

Last edited by LucyJane on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix link)
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 pm

LucyJane wrote:I feel kind of a fool, but is there a place for this link about Desiree Young filing a civil suit against Terri Horman? I didn't want to put it in the Nancy Grace thread and don't see one in the news thread..... Since it was this case really led me to the internet discussion thing I wanted to pass it along.... I know, ocd.....

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/desiree_young_seeks_10_million.html
It is being discussed at the following link.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3888-kyron-horman-s-mom-plans-to-file-civil-suit-against-terri-horman
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:54 pm

THANK you! LOL That's where I was looking for. Feel free to remove it here.
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:32 am

LucyJane, well, well, well . . . look what I found for you!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpmssjb1tUFR8KxwCxzUMM3hahJh70hQC49H-PWl6ZzsCbny00LOpvapM

Source: Google - The Hinky Meter images
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Ann - Tx wrote: LucyJane, well, well, well . . . look what I found for you!

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpmssjb1tUFR8KxwCxzUMM3hahJh70hQC49H-PWl6ZzsCbny00LOpvapM

I missed that Avatar!!
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 am

lostyou, I've missed it too.

LucyJane and the little yellow plastic horse are happily reunited. The little horse is no longer lonely on The Hinky Meter - Images page.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

LuLu-Tx, I keep Ali's thread updated here. Whenever we see coverage about Ali's case on our local news, I always hope that the TV station will post it to their website so I can post the Link on Ali's thread.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:01 pm

lostyou wrote:

I missed that Avatar!!

AAhhhhh Thank you! Feelin much more like myself now.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 Action-smiley-078
LucyJane
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Hey there Hinky Meter Refugee's wait up! another old timer here *hurrying to catch up* dancing and looking forward to becoming part of the RC Family now. Thank you so much for the warm welcome I'm going to have a look around. Where's the bar?? Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 322372
hello clarice
hello clarice

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 pm

hello clarice wrote:Hey there Hinky Meter Refugee's wait up! another old timer here *hurrying to catch up* dancing and looking forward to becoming part of the RC Family now. Thank you so much for the warm welcome I'm going to have a look around. Where's the bar?? Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 322372

Sorry to late for the bar cause we were pigs and drank it all but no worry the great people on here will make a run and fill it up again. They are the best and have been up day and night working to get things more use to the way we had it at THM.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Welcome to RC, "hello clarice." I wondered when you would find us! Glad to have you "on board."

Kick back, relax and enjoy your "new digs!" beer Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 322372 Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 904296
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunters G-ma Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

LucyJane wrote:
lostyou wrote:

I missed that Avatar!!

AAhhhhh Thank you! Feelin much more like myself now.
Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 Action-smiley-078
ohh aka plastic pony!! crystal ball
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for your warm welcome Ann - Tx. I found this site a day or so after THM shut down but I had a few problems registering in fact at first try, I was told the username 'hello clarice' was taken. Oh well, it's all good and I just know I'm going to enjoy this wonderful site. I'm so happy to be with so many familiar 'faces' and look forward to making lots of new friends. Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 541830
hello clarice
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

hello clarice, I am sorry to hear you had problems registering initially.

Wow! We had a huge influx of new members starting that Friday thru Sunday. Maybe the site got overloaded! lol

Julie and I worked triple time to make every one feel welcomed here and help them navigate the site. PMs were flying! lol

So glad that you were able to register using your nic "hello clarice." You are definitely among many familiar faces, i.e., former Hinky members.

If you need any help navigating the site, please leave a question on the Help thread and, like at THM, some one will respond to you rather quickly.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-your-thread-for-questions-and-answers?highlight=Help+++++Your+questions+++%2Banswers
Help! Your thread for Questions and Answers

You can also click on the Help thread at the top of the Homepage under Quick Links:

http://www.realitychatter.com/
RealityChatter.com - Homepage
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
hello clarice, I am sorry to hear you had problems registering initially.

Wow! We had a huge influx of new members starting that Friday thru Sunday. Maybe the site got overloaded! lol

Julie and I worked triple time to make every one feel welcomed here and help them navigate the site. PMs were flying! lol

So glad that you were able to register using your nic "hello clarice." You are definitely among many familiar faces, i.e., former Hinky members.

If you need any help navigating the site, please leave a question on the Help thread and, like at THM, some one will respond to you rather quickly.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3816-help-your-thread-for-questions-and-answers?highlight=Help+++++Your+questions+++%2Banswers
Help! Your thread for Questions and Answers

You can also click on the Help thread at the top of the Homepage under Quick Links:

http://www.realitychatter.com/
RealityChatter.com - Homepage

Yes, Ann and Julie were awesome in welcoming everyone that weekend..Thank you both so much for making us feel so comfortable and so welcomed!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 540129

Hinky Meter "Refugees" - Page 15 864739 to RC, hello clarice. Make yourself right at home, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Julie, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure you and Ann - Tx were run off your feet that first weekend - you were awesome! Another thank you goes to Justice4all who helped me with my registration problem. I can't get over how helpful and friendly everyone is on RC, I feel at home already!
hello clarice
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhall Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

Hi all,

I just found this thread and, while I didn't read all of it, did come to understand it is a discussion on people sharing their anger, sadness, and, on the other hand, understanding of why the Hinky is gone.

To those who are hurt by the suddeness I apologize. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. No, I had no intention of announcing the end of my blogging simply because I did not want to discuss it. Yes, the act was totally selfish, so that is a point I just have to be honest about and not whitewash.

To those angry...just get over it.

About the content. As I promised on Niecey's blog, I have been struggling to get the databases backed up off the server so that the site can be reinstalled as a static, searchable site for anyone to recover their own work, etc. I can't do this by myself so I was at the mercy of someone doing it for me. The download of the databases was SUPPOSED to happen last night...which means the person waited until the last minute, because the current server terminated today. While I have no confirmation yet if they got it completed, late yesterday evening "all was going well". So I'll pretend my luck has changed.

When I decided to pull the plug I didn't mean to DELETE the site. And what I should have done was ask someone for help because I thought I was ending the server lease at the end of the month (which would have given me 2 weeks to recover my databases to put on a low-cost server)...there wasn't a warning "you are about delete your entire server!"....might be a good idea for dummies like me. I did intend to park the site, (which meant making it inaccessible until I could get it backed up and reinstalled on a low-cost server), but didn't intend to lose the content.

When I realized that I had "done it wrong"...while it was an "oh $h!t" moment, I also just threw up my hands and walked away because at that point I thought I had done something I couldn't fix. It was not until I read at Niecey's that people were upset they couldn't get their own work back that I realized...well, I better see if there is ANYWAY I can get this stuff back, at which I point I contacted my hosting company to find out if my back-up was available. It was (almost missed it by 2 days).

So I've had to spend more money to get the back-up recovered, the server back up to save the back-up on, so that it could sit there and be downloaded. But that's my fault because I should have asked for help in killing the site.

I'll get the low-cost server in place as soon as I get confirmation the database was successfully downloaded last night and then the content will get reloaded so you have it available to search against.

Early on when I had my blog there was some issue being discussed where a reader posted something about me being wrong on the issue and then popped off "so Valhall has clay feet". My response then was that if you ever thought otherwise you were a fool. No, I don't have a brass bra. No, I don't have a lasso of truth. And, yes, I'm just human, too.

Some folks suggested that I should have just turned the site over to the moderators. Excuse me? First of all, do you think I thought of this in one second? No, I had been struggling for days to weeks with this. I had spent less and less time on the board, and actually started avoiding it, and my guilt was growing over the burden that two volunteer mods, wonderful women with busy lives and their own stresses to deal with in the real world, were having to take on because I just didn't want to take the time to read the threads and moderate.

No...I was NOT going to continue to impose on two wonderful ladies who had become my dear friends and for whom I have a great deal of admiration that they can even pull off the various things they are achieving in their own lives. THAT is not an option for entitling others to have a free place to rail away.

Anyway, there's my response. Hope all is well with my friends and I'm very glad you've all found new homes to continue the discussion.

Valhall

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am

Val Very Happy

So thrilled and excited to see you.....and lady, you ARE my lasso of truth. LOL.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all you have done for all things Hinky, and for helping me begin my journey as an advocate for the missing and endangered.

I miss the heck out of you and THM, but RC has been very kind to us... sending my admiration and best wishes to you and your family, and hope you are well.

Weezie
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next