Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

+18
back2back19
ellejay
KZ
suz1729
Chester_from_THM
angiefly2
stark3923
Weeziethm
nanaof4
Moosiesmama
summerthyme
Alessandra_Deux
Chickenbutt
tesstruhart
Justice4all
One Wonders
Freckles
Ann - Tx
22 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Stark, I agree. I see reasonable doubt all over this case.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:The defense is trying to make it impossible for the state NOT to call Det Angulo

Chickenbutt, I hope Milian keeps the pressure on the State, afterall, this was Det. Angulo's case, he was the lead detective & the evidence he had the CSI Techs gather OR NOT gather, are the evidence in the case. The State used his information & probably didn't see the problem until this all unraveled in court.

I am still very curious as to why CSI Tech Howe finally got honest after she LIED on the stand. imo, she didn't share this because of a guilty conscience, she has had years to get honest & tell the State, this is terrible timing, I didn't think it could get any worse until Dr. Himi took the stand, LMAO.

I had to leave this afternoon, is the STATE going to call Detective Angulo or is the DEFENSE? I like Milion, he is tough, passionate & at times over the top but in this case, this case is a PISS POOR EXCUSE to bring to Court & have CSI Tech's lie, a medical examiner claim he hadn't seen slides in years but when Milion pressured him & accused him of LOSING the slides, he finally produes them overnight, it's just a mess, I don't see it getting any better & isn't the STATE just about through presenting their evidence? A colossal embarassment, ill prepared witnesses, geez, I can't wait for Detective Angulo to testify, there is no telling what Milon is going to get out of him.

I will have to work my schedle around his testimony, I can't miss a word of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm

We still don't know if Det Argulo is going to testify. InSession said the state is not going to call him, so we will have to wait and see if the defense does (which I think they will).
About CSI Howe coming clean to the pros. I think maybe she had an inkling that the defense knew about it and were going to try and blindside her the next day, so she came clean to the pros. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
My prediction....Adam walks.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 am

There is always fireworks in this case. Now the defense has blown up about the witness smiling and laughing on the stand while looking at the prosecution. The defense was cross-examining at the time.

IS now saying the first witness for defense (after Pros. rests) will be Seth. IDENTICAL twin to his brother. Should be interesting.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 am

Defense asking for acquittal at this time. NO direct evidence of guilt, purely circumstancial. Attorney now citing case law.

Defense stating that there is not any evidence that substantiates 2nd degree murder. Defense states that due to lack of collection of evidence at scene that would have been exculpatory there is not any evidence that supports 2nd degree murder. If there was any charge at all (which they don't think there should be) it should be manslaughter.

Requesting dismissal. Prosecution now rebutting, taking supreme issue with defense claim about the 'taking of defendent's property' or lack thereof is a problem. Victim had no reported medical issues. Evidence is overwhelming at this point and could sustain a 1st degree murder charge.

Judge ruling now. Defendent was only adult home at the time of incident and one to two minutes of pressure required to give the injury's to victim. Injury's consistent with happening at the time of incident. Judge states she must consider evidence presented in most favorable light to the State. State has established a case for 2nd degree murder. Motion for acquittal denied. Swearing in of Adam and questioning him about decisions of attorney's so far.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Tess, things are bad when Mike Brooks called it a "shoddy investigation."

I am very disappointed, Analyst are predicting that lead Detective is NOT GOING to testify BECAUSE at the hospital, Adam told him 2 or 3 different stories, he could testify to the changing stories & analyst are predicting that it "may not be worth it to them to have this come out" even though they could make him ADMIT the affair. The Defense can talk about the Detective though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

I too am disappointed that Det Angulo won't be testiying. I am hoping the talking heads are wrong, and the def will call him. I think its a case of do the benefits out weigh the risks?
I think the def had a good argument for dismissal. IMO, the states case is such a mess, they haven't shown ANY evidence that backs up their theory. The one and only issue I am having is the injury to the deep muscles of her neck. I still am trying to figure that part out. Any ideas?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm

I agree Art tart. I thought it was shoddy the first time I heard they didn't collect any of the substances that were visable. it just got worse from there. I heard them theorize on Angula on IS as well. I like the fact that they could refer to him though. I would think that I would use that against the Pros. on 'isn't it interesting that the lead detective in this case was never called.' Lets review why.

First reported defense witness is Seth. I would think the jurors will be captivated by just how identical they really are. They will probably try to pick out the differences rather than listen to testimony. Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 3 620962
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I know the state doesn't have to address motive, but I don't see any motive here.
The other interesting develop is going to be the testimony of Seth, the twin brother. I wonder how that is going to play to the jury. As the talking heads are saying, will the jury ascribe Seth's mannerisms to Adam? Is Seth reasonable doubt? Was Seth at the house and that is why the differences in clothing descriptions? So many thoughts, so many unanswered questions.

Imagine CA's case without Yuri.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 12:29 pm

CB back in the beginning of this case I believe we both discussed the identical twin angle. Also, when you listen to all the different manner of 'dress' of the defendent, how many of the LE were looking at Seth?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I think several of them saw Seth thinking they were looking at Adam. Seth's wife said Seth had on shorts, shirt and flip flops.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 1:01 pm

#AdamKaufman opinoin of the case = IMO

I get that there is a dead woman with unexplained neck injuries and statistic always point to husband.

Prosecution point: Adam came home from having an affair early in the morning n fought with wife then strangled her..WITH AN UNKNOWN OBJECT....I get the defense point is husband stayed home all night and babysat his kids while wife visited with her friends.

Statics show that a manual strangulation most always fractures the hyoid bone = most always...yet Mrs. Kaufman bone is in tact.

Lots of things cant be explained because tests just where not done. Swabs of the bathroom wall or magazine rack where not taken. Toilet bowl water not tested. Bedroom n bed not photographed, Adam was not photographed nor was DNA taken from his fingernails. Under Lina nails was just her DNA n not Adams. Which is odd because she would be scratching Adams hands n he has big hands. Do u know why M.E says mechanical n not manual? Because no hand prints where on neck and hyoid bone NOT broken.

Defense starts at 2pm east Adam twin brother is suppose to be up first, Lina's parents n sister, adams entire family,
Dr. Boden (famous one), some scientist and best of all - the slutty detective that the prosecution failed to call.

M.E. was sloppy, crime scene techs where very sloppy, police detective having affairs with co workers, people l; lying on the stand, no life insurance or motive....no phone calls to a woman on Adams cell. Wife entire family supports Adam.

I wonder if Lina was strangled but before she died it stopped and she coughed n threw up stuff n spraytan which accounts for wall splatter and matter on magazine rack as well as in toilet...then she collapsed and died. or she could have tried to kill herself? she was naked = sex game? or the husband did it in a rage. maybe with bathroom towel as she was naked.

whats ur opinion?
stark3923
stark3923

Mood : Happy

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Folks, I have only just started following this case and wonder if someone wouldn't mind filling me in on a couple basics.

Why is CNN calling this the "Spray Tan" murder?

Is the trial done for today/this week?

Is there an archive of video I could catch up on previous days of the trial?

Why is the lead detective not being called by the Pros? Because of the affair with the other investigator?

Does anyone have an opinion about what his motive may have been, if you think he is guilty?

And then one comment, about the 911 call. I only listened to the beginning bit they played on some TV show this a.m., so only have a tiny sample. But one thing I noticed is that he did not immediately as for help for *her* but help for himself. That alone does not make him guilty, I am not trying to say that. Just that is one potential sign of a guilty caller.

If anyone has links to audio of the whole call, or other discovery, I would appreciate a leg up.

Thanks in advance!
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Trial is supposed to start at 1:15pm. I can't get it on CNN have they stopped covering it? Does anyone have a link to trial besides IS. I like their commentary, but too many commercials.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Chester_from_THM wrote:Folks, I have only just started following this case and wonder if someone wouldn't mind filling me in on a couple basics.

Why is CNN calling this the "Spray Tan" murder?
Originally back in 2009 defense claimed the death was accidental from spray tan allergic reaction but later they found out spray tan contained sugar not chemicals.

Is the trial done for today/this week?
Trial resume today at 2pm eastern because drug court had a graduation cermenoiy n needed the room.

Is there an archive of video I could catch up on previous days of the trial?
Nope - have no clue why not

Why is the lead detective not being called by the Pros? Because of the affair with the other investigator?
Yes - because his testimony conflicts with hers.... she said he told her not to collect items. Rumor has it he will call her a liar.....

Does anyone have an opinion about what his motive may have been, if you think he is guilty?
If he killed his wife - simple lost temper in a rage. Adam cell records show no calls to any females. Defense claims Adam was out having an affair n came home in the morning n faught with wife but the problem here is there is no proof as their gated community has cameras and it does not show Adam leavingreturning.

And then one comment, about the 911 call. I only listened to the beginning bit they played on some TV show this a.m., so only have a tiny sample. But one thing I noticed is that he did not immediately as for help for *her* but help for himself. That alone does not make him guilty, I am not trying to say that. Just that is one potential sign of a guilty caller.

It is true statically speaking that a guilty person ask for help for themselves but its also true the guilty start off with a greeting such as Hello.

If anyone has links to audio of the whole call, or other discovery, I would appreciate a leg up.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/spray-tan-trial-jury-hears-911-calls-case/story?id=16348485

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/21/adam-kaufman-what-really-happened/

seriously this is it for links?

Thanks in advance!
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 1:20 pm

http://live.cnn.com
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks Stark, Cnn doesn't have this trial as an option at the moment.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Thanks Stark, Cnn doesn't have this trial as an option at the moment.

Keep checking there, Tess....sometimes I've noticed the link is put up right at the "start" time. Upthread someone mentioned 2 pm EDT, I believe.???
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Crime Scene Det. Howell could have been held in contempt for slamming the courtroom door and for perjury.

Judge needs to be a judge and set an example....so far the example I get is one can lie n be rude and violent and nothing happens.

I am so pizzed that people keep getting on the stand and bald face lie then admit they lied and no consequence is paid.

It is true that Det. Howell will most likely lose her job because she lied and admitted she lied = affair 99%
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks Weezie, I will do that. I want to see every minute of this if I can.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Also Stark, her lover...Det. Angulo was the lead detective on the case. He gave her instructions NOT to collect certain things (according to Det. Howe)
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 1:41 pm

stark3923 wrote:Crime Scene Det. Howell could have been held in contempt for slamming the courtroom door and for perjury.

Judge needs to be a judge and set an example....so far the example I get is one can lie n be rude and violent and nothing happens.

I am so pizzed that people keep getting on the stand and bald face lie then admit they lied and no consequence is paid.

It is true that Det. Howell will most likely lose her job because she lied and admitted she lied = affair 99%

stark3923, Detective Howell may lose her job, & imo, in this case, she deserves to. The thing that has pissed me off the most about this is ALL the time she had to get honest w/the Prosecutor's, she literally had years to come forward, instead, she blindsided them

imo, Detective A deserves to be at least demoted, Det. Howell worked for him, although it might have been his first murder case, it was just shoddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 pm

The wife's mom is the first up for defense - she says her daughter was very happy n in love with Adam..etc...

I know she will testify Lina had fainting spells and seizures
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 24, 2012 1:49 pm

the cnn link doesn't play... is there any other link to live streaming? TIA
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm

angiefly2, good to see you, I can't help because I am on IN SESSION, but it goes off at 2:00 pm.

I too would be interested in a link to live stream.

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm

I can't find one Angie....I can't believe they would stop this trial when the defense is just starting their case...grrrrrrr
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 pm

I sent CNN a message, I don't expect anything back, but we'll see.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks Art and Tess! Today aren't they supposed to go longer than usual? Tess it makes me mad too that they cut the live stream from CNN when the defense starts!!!! Hopefully CNN gets the stream back up soon. I will email them as well.

Last edited by angiefly2 on Thu May 24, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 pm

This is not live streaming, but I did locate this resource for some past days testimony.

Chester, this may be part of what you were looking for!

http://miami.cbslocal.com/tag/adam-kaufman/
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm

According to Lina's mother Frida Aizman, Lina fainted 10 or 12 times in the weeks before she died.

Aizman said she never saw Adam yell or raise a finger toward Lina; he is calm and quiet.

Mother in law has language issues.....I dont know her race but she is Jewish..sorry if thats offensive commentary.

Says she now has 2 sons meaning Adam is that close to her
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:03 pm

up on CNN Now...
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Thu May 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Thank you Stark, much appreciated.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks Tess. Art have you been to CNN to watch the trial? If not then go to CNN.com and then at the top left press TV & Video tab and then it will take you to a page that will have 3 tabs at the top and just press the live TV tab and it will take you to a page to watch the trial, scroll until you find the trial.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/tab/live#/video/cvplive/cvpstream1
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Thu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm

This is interesting. Is the prosecution trying to impeach the victim's mother's testimony about the victim's fainting spells.

Why would the victim's mother fail to tell LE/prosecutor's about Lina's medical condition and then remember it later for the defense?

It is so odd to have the victim's family supporting the defendant.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Shout out to Chester, glad you joined us.

The mother speaks 3 or 5 languages, I couldn't understand her.

imo, people can appear healthy, even if very sick. Donna Summer performed weeks before she died of cancer. Dana Reeves performed days before dying of cancer.

if the assist. DA is trying to get the mother to admit she LIED about Lena's health, imo, that is never going to happen. The mother might have meant she appeared healthy, I don't think this is going anywhere.

Mama was prepped well by the defense, she was ready, "I am not a Doctor!" LOL! she nailed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm

HLN Mike Brooks made a comment that he would have gone back tot he house and collected all the belts, carpet mat from bathroom (it had stuff on it n was never tested) etc....

problem i have with the belt - aka mechanical asphyxiation.... a belt would really have left a detailed mark... no object or hand print on neck ( some small bruising) and i believe soft tissue damage inside neck. A towel would leave no detail mark on neck????? trying to think of an object that wouldnt leave a detailed mark
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

...tank top

...T shirt

???
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 24, 2012 2:26 pm

OK....just got back and caught the tailend of the mom..did I miss anything significant?
Chester, it is called the Spray Tan case because there was some question as to whether or not she had an adverse reaction to the spray tan she received just prior to her death. Or it is a sensational headline for the media (which is my guess..lol)
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:28 pm

CB you didn't miss much. Pros. tried to impeach the mom saying she never told them of medical problems her daughter had. She said she didn't know fainting was a medical problem since she suffered from them for so long. Not too much to do with momma, it wouldn't play well.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't think the prosecution has laid out a good enough case. If I remotely thought someone could have murdered my daughter, I would not be so loving. She loves this man like a son. She has full confidence that he didn't have anything to do with her demise.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Adam was in boxers n t-shirt...peeps didnt know at the time that Adam had a twin who lives down the street and was wearing a suit n watch.

please note this is a gated community with cameras and they do not show adam coming or going that day or night like prosecution thinks.... see my above answers to Chester

Huggys Chester - I missed YOU!!
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Does it seem like the judge overrules the defense very frequently?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Defense states that there was no motive, no life insurance, no trouble in marriage, all family and friends also support this....PLUS Adams cell phone show no contact with a female.

This case does show that L.E. has some major wholes in their testimony or notes... such as Adams car was HOT n making noise like it was recently driven....yet this was never in their notes and no pictures or temp was taken plus as I keep stating about the cameras at the gated community only show wife coming home.

Wife went to get a spraytan because twin brother was getting married..then wife went to show it off to a girlfriend and came home went to bed. Friend states she was happy
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:39 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Does it seem like the judge overrules the defense very frequently?

Just my opinion - from research this judge is very active in the Jewish community and so is the defense..... Adam n defense are all Jewish. I think the judge takes the prosecution side as to not be called out......but she does let the defense make lots of on the record stuff for an appeal!
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Stark there has been some criticism of family for going ahead with the wedding. The wedding was scheduled very shortly after the death.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

I think the judge has her hands full with this case. I heard her say that it is her job to look at evidence in the best light for the State. I didn't know this. Is this true?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I think the judge has her hands full with this case. I heard her say that it is her job to look at evidence in the best light for the State. I didn't know this. Is this true?
i thought i heard that toooo n my head spun

I think she meant = for the ruling on not dismissing the case in its entirety.

Wedding was like 2/3 days later - twin brother n his wife are not really related to Lina.... and they r not rich they cant afford the loss of $$, she had family coming in etc... sad but hard decision are made.
stark3923
stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi art!

Boy this defense is objecting to so many of these questions! Annoying. These *seem* to be reasonable questions, I guess the defense is just trying to interrupt the flow, as the judge is overruling almost everything.

{{{{{ Hugs }}}}} back to you Stark!

I miss all the Hinkies so much and am so thankful to have found this site and the kind people here who have welcomed us.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

That is so true Stark. Lina got her tan for just this reason. I have a real hard time thinking that Adam strangled her. There has been no motive revealed. I know that he is/was dating since the murder/death. Some people think he didn't mourn long enough. I am not sure but somewhere I read it was a couple of months later. I have no idea where I read that btw. If her family is so supportive of him, I would have to think they had no problem with it.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next