Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

+18
back2back19
ellejay
KZ
suz1729
Chester_from_THM
angiefly2
stark3923
Weeziethm
nanaof4
Moosiesmama
summerthyme
Alessandra_Deux
Chickenbutt
tesstruhart
Justice4all
One Wonders
Freckles
Ann - Tx
22 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:Although, I think that the State has royally screwed this case up from the get go, and her death was probably a tragic accident, I must respectfully disagree about the good Dr. Marracini, I find him rude, condescending and obnoxious, much like the State's witness Dr. Hyma. I would hate to be on this jury and having to sit though sidebar after sidebar, argument after argument and I am really not looking forward to hearing the all knowing wind bag Dr. Baden next, and hear his speculations and pontifications on some info he was given 5 years after the fact for a very hefty fee. On both sides, State and defense, I hate that expert testimony can be bought and paid for to suit their needs. Makes the truth that much harder to find in my opinion.

Moosiesmama, I respect that you don't like Dr. Marracini, but I liked him a lot more than Dr. H. Dr. M tried to show the jury examples, he spoke to them, it's just going to come down to who they liked better, or who they believed. imo, Dr, H, has a lot of baggage, the 18 months, never doing the autopsy, never even seeing the magazine rack, just looking at pictures.

Dr. H is too bought & paid for at the tune of $ 250,000.00 per year. This was brought out in court. imo, NO expert has to testify for free, it is their job, just like Dr. H is being paid an absorbident amount of money as a Medical examiner. He is an administrator, he didn't even do the autopsy. Dr. M paid his dues as a public servant, because, imo, he rendered an opinion does not mean that he can't be trusted.

Many think the ME works with the State, of course they don't admit it, but I certainly don't believe that in some cases, the ME's office doesn't have a vested interest. Of course the ME never wants to be challenged, but, Dr. M had a job to do & he did it. I can't believe Dr. H is going to come back on the stand, I really dread it as well as Dr. Baden, I can't stand him. imo, he is a blo hard but the Defense has to get credibile witnessess. (I don't think at times Baden is creditible though, but they have to have an expert.)

Back to top Go down

Adam Kaufman  Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Michelle Sagona said 3 X's to try to intubate is a lot by the fireman, she too is a firefighter for 17 years & said it is alot, I guess as far as trauma. (I guess volunteer, she didn't say)

Does ANYONE know what the letter about Baden is about? It concerns Dr. Hymi & the State? A letter circumlating?

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

I totally agree about Dr. Hyma being bought and paid for by tax payers dollars, wasted money by the county, for sure, and he was also rude and arrogant as his failing were brought to light and I would never recall him, it will only highlight his incompetence. I just thought Marracini was over the top theatrical, throwing himself on the floor, slamming the magazine rack on the witness stand, I guess whatever works to get your point across. This is not about trusting his opinion, its just that he probably had no opinion about this case until he was paid for one.

Listening to Dr. Perper (sp) now on InSession, who has no dog in this fight and he totally agrees that it is homicide. So whats that old saying about opinions, theyre like &&&&&&&'s, everyone has one.

Last edited by Moosiesmama on Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lost some text)
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I wonder if some kind soul could post a link to the online feed of the trial, or if anyone remembers which page it is posted to?

Thanks in advance!
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Chester_from_THM wrote:I wonder if some kind soul could post a link to the online feed of the trial, or if anyone remembers which page it is posted to?

Thanks in advance!

Chickenbutt shared

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cvplive/cvpstream2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Wed May 30, 2012 2:44 pm

art tart wrote:
Chester_from_THM wrote:I wonder if some kind soul could post a link to the online feed of the trial, or if anyone remembers which page it is posted to?

Thanks in advance!

Chickenbutt shared

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cvplive/cvpstream2

Thanks CB and AT! Very Happy

This is showing body parts found in Canada, I guess the trial is on a break? Just wondered what you all are seeing.
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Chester, court is dark today. Adam had to attend his childs kindergarten graduation. We are just talking about the replays on InSession.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Wed May 30, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm one who thinks Lina was murdered but if Adam is convicted I will be totally surprised.
I've been thinking about Lina being strangled by a leather magazine rack and I could be off my rocker but I would expect that she would have some sort of abrasion on her forehead from hitting the wall before she came to rest on the magazine rack as that was a very small area. IDK just throwing that out there? Any thoughts?
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I tend to agree with you One. I really ws hoping that Adam was innocent, but I don't think so. If I were on the jury at this point, I would vote NG just because the LE debacle left too many open questions.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

I agree with you One. I said smt v. similar earlier when I saw the pic of the mag rack next to the wall.

Thanks CB, I forgot about court being out today. Kindergarten graduation, that is such a funny thought for an old-timer like me. I am sure when my new grandson is ready, I will be all for it. :)
Chester_from_THM
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

One Wonders wrote:I'm one who thinks Lina was murdered but if Adam is convicted I will be totally surprised.
I've been thinking about Lina being strangled by a leather magazine rack and I could be off my rocker but I would expect that she would have some sort of abrasion on her forehead from hitting the wall before she came to rest on the magazine rack as that was a very small area. IDK just throwing that out there? Any thoughts?

One, you make many good points but here's the problem imo, Jean Casaris said last week if Lina had been strangled by a belt or rope, NONE were collected. SHODDY INVESTIGATION. If this happened, they most likely would have DNA on the belt. Too many errors in the investigation imo, the State doesn't get a pass from me for the 2 POS'S that sunk their case & lied about it for 5 years. imo, this makes reasonable doubt. The deficit in the non collection of evidence negates the little bit of evidence the State has imo.

imo, I couldn't convict on this case for all the errors. imo, the State probably should not have even brought this case until they could have proven it, the State claimed "LUST/AFFAIRS as Motive for murder" & they suck so bad, they can't even prove that, & have admitted it! 5 long years this State has screwed off, they could have done a bang up job but apparently, they worked on other cases they thought they could win UNTIL this case became an embarassment & they had to finally try it.

imo, if ADAM is convicted, there are so many grounds for appeal, if he has a hung jury, imo, the State shouldn't re-try it, their case sucks. If if he found Not Guilty, we may never know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

You are so right Art Tart, you would think that after 5 years all the t's would be crossed and i's dotted and a conviction in the bag. Who ever gave the go ahead for this prosecution should have their head examined. We will never really know the truth. Even I couldn't convict him, and I think he probably did it, too much sloppy and incompetent police work.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I am pretty surprised at how often the judge blatantly sides with the prosecution. She overrules the defense almost without listening to the objection.

NOW it is extremely blatant IMO...
Outside of court = the judge n atty must have other personal issues?

IMO the prosecution rested it case...went home read internet... and NOW wants to smear Adam on live tv after the fact = with all this violence n past arrests ?
- prosecution keeps harping on this lady Adam dated after the wife died. WTF who cares who he dates after the death? Normal for a young single man to date? I have seen woman hitting on men before the funerals ....
stark3923
stark3923

Mood : Happy

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 pm

FACT: No ligature marks found on neck
FACT: No Abrasions
FACT: Hyoid not fractured
FACT: Thyroid cartilage has 2 horns that protrude; In homicidal asphyxia the horn fractures

ODD CASE, poor prosecution, Poor detective Work
stark3923
stark3923

Mood : Happy

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

stark3923 wrote:FACT: No ligature marks found on neck
FACT: No Abrasions
FACT: Hyoid not fractured
FACT: Thyroid cartilage has 2 horns that protrude; In homicidal asphyxia the horn fractures

ODD CASE, poor prosecution, Poor detective Work

Everything you point out is true Stark. I have big issues with the injuries internally in her neck. I cannot explain them. the 911 tape seems to demonstrate a desparate person, he doesn't seem to be acting to me. I just don't know, but that's the point right? NO evidence collected. None. I don't think I have ever seen a murder case like this. How can you prosecute with no evidence collected. No specimens from the bathroom, no belts, no ties, no nothing. why would a car be 'clicking' so long after he called 911? No one explains this. How is driving around her car and parking it in the garage....doesn't seem very likely. He would not leave the children alone, nothing indicates that. I am stymied. I hope the judge doesn't allow any of this new 'confidential BS' to be admitted. It doesn't seem quite kosher to me. I was wondering if the 'confidential' source could be the roommate that was allegedly strangled. What do you think? In our judicial system, doesn't the accused have the right to face his/her accuser? How then does one remain 'confidential'?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 am

Don't like Baden but you have to give him the fact that he has worked on some high level cases.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am

You watching the trial Chickenbutt?
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

Dr. Baden...3 reasons for froth
Drowning
drug overdose
congestive Heart Failure
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 am

yep
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 am

No one "sucked out the fluid" so they couldn't "see where they were going" to intubate

He brought up possiblity of reaction to tanning fluid

40% of people die from heart related disease

10% of the 40% is Myocarditis and sudden and unexpected death

Lungs were 1600 grams

All blood found was blood coming from air passages because air sacs ruptured and mixed with Pulmonary fluid
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am

Just got here. came in during 1600 gm lungs. Is He making sense? Sounds like it.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am

Baden: Diagnosis

Preexisting and acute Myocarditis
Injuries caused my resusitation attempts

Adams apple 1/2 inch from bone of spine
Rough, rushed attempts to pass ETT
Frustrated attempts, trying to hold the trachea still

No evidence of homicide
No injury to skin that looks like strangulation
Injuries were called by pressure or old scars
Needed to take sections and look under microscope, but that wasn't done.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 am

hi Tess...yeah he is making sense, but a little scattered and forgetful I think.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 am

Mrs. Kaufman had "Patchy myocarditits" in the electrical conduction system causing arrrythmias
Causing fainting
Headaches
Fatigue

As it progresses causes CHF and a long enough period that person passes out
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

Dies because of electrical system damaged due to myocarditis
Was in bathroom, did not have time to call for help

Clinical manifestations of myocarditis?
Chest pain, nausea, unable to sleep...non specific
Fainting

May be no symptoms to complete fulminating CHF
CHF causes V tach or asystole
CPR damages can be confused with damages from a spouse doing CPR
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

sorry, was away...missed some
But I think it is obvious that Dr. Baden is cetain she died of Myocarditis
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 am

Noticed calcification in Linas windpipe
Made it less pliableDr Gwin took xray which showed calcification
Makes windpipe brittle
No fx of hyoid or thyroid bones

On to fingernail clippings:
ME takes evidence from the body, not PD or CSI
Hands are special...you often find evidence on the hands...that is the reason that on the scene hands are bagged with paper bags
Clippings always need to be done at ME office
Photos need to be taken before clippings are done...trace evidence collected from under nails, then clip nails.
Since they clipped nails at scene, no photos before clipping
Nails have breaks in polish, happens when clip is incomplete and nail is pulled the rest of the way off
No mention of hands or fingers in autopsy report
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 am

Dr Gwin did a fine HOSPITAL autopsy......
No rape kit taken or sent
No nail photos
Talk to people doing CPR right away (while doing autopsy)
not 17 months later
Stomach contents (objection)
Last meal important, what time meal last taken
Dr Gwin mentioned 400 gms of stomach contents but no ID of contents
Failed to find heart scar

Def: Who was present at autopsy. Is it important
Baden: Yes for legal purposes. Should be in first paragraph

Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 am

gotta run for a minute....
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

Tess, you still here? Whatta think of Baden? Angie, whatta think?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

Cross of Baden......sidebar
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 am

Hi, I was listening while cleaning up the sugar bowl FULL of sugar that I dropped.

Actually, I don't think he did too bad if you could pare down the rambling a bit.

i thought it was a good point that he brought up that the stomach contents weren't described . That would have pin pointed the death more acurately. There were several points really
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 am

ewwwww, cleaning up sugar. What a mess, you can never get it all up and it crunches under your feet.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

What did you think?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

He was a lot more easy to tolerate than I thought he would be. He was a bit scattered and long winded but he made several good point IMO.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 31, 2012 10:39 am

I agree, I just wonder how well he will hold up on cross. If he can stick to his story, he will be fine. He just needs to answer yes or no and not go off into never never land.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am

I agree. I think he made a lot of good points. He pointed out flaws, without being ugly about it. He explained himslef very well and was very sure of himself. I think he was very good for the defense. The stomach contents was interesting to me. Hadn't thought about that and time of death.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 am

lol@ the never never land comment :)
I agree he needs to stick to the yes and no answering.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am

I think he will do fairly well on cross. I agree with both of you that he has to just stick to yes and no, but none of them seem to be able to do that.

IS just said that a "lover" may be taking the stand in rebuttal.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am

are they at break right now?
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am

Hey friends, Sounds like Baden did a good job. On IN Session, ALL found he did a good job, PLUS, those that called in said he did a good job.

Possible lover of Adam's comng up? Unless the lover murdered Lina, does it really matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

Ya know...I have no problem with Adam having a lover, even a month after her death. I don't think it's proper, but it is not my life. Maybe he is just one of theose guys that need a woman in their life.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

Yes Angie
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am

Nope Art, it doesn't matter.... They clearly want to muddy the waters by throwing in some "lover" because well, what else does the pros have???
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am

Good morning Art
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Yes Angie
Thanks
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

Farrah Cornbloom...lover
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

I am wondering since the Prosecution kind of let him ramble if they were giving him enough rope....Seems like they did that before with Lina's sister in law so they could bring in the priors. Did they decide any of that stuff yet?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am

Wife died 5 years ago...who cares who his lover is?
Pros gonna to use dating as motive according to IS
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am

No decision yet to my knowledge
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next