Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASHTON: Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!

5 posters

Go down

ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  Empty ASHTON: Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:01 pm

With 89 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, Jeff Ashton had 54 percent of the vote, leaving long-term incumbent Lawson Lamar with only 46 percent.

Read more here:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/14/4726141/casey-anthony-prosecutor-ousts.html#storylink=cpy

Back to top Go down

ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  Empty Re: ASHTON: Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Lamar CONCEDES!

Central Florida News 13 underscored its value to the community again Tuesday night by relaying live news conferences of Jeff Ashton claiming victory in the Orange-Osceola state attorney’s race and incumbent Lawson Lamar conceding.

But the Ashton and Lamar speeches were quite entertaining and instructive. News 13 also relayed an interview with George Anthony, father of Casey Anthony, who went to congratulate Ashton and praised him as a compassionate man.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/08/victor-jeff-ashton-promises-a-few-changes-on-news-13.html

Last edited by art tart on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  Empty Re: ASHTON: Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm

The State of Fla. has spoken, it's time for a change, I'm thrilled for Ashton, I love his passion, imo, his experience of trying the hard cases gives him insight to help make positive changes. imo.

Eat your heart out Baez! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 pm

From the Orlando Sentinel:

"I think the difference is that [the community is] going to see a state attorney who is involved more than just every four years," Ashton said from his victory party in Winter Park. "There is this isolation where the community wasn't being talked to, wasn't being listened to. One of the things that I hope to be is a state attorney for everyone, and to listen to everybody to help solve the problems that we have."

Among the Ashton supporters gathered at Friendly Confines in Winter Park: Casey Anthony's father George!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-14/news/os-primary-lamar-ashton-20120814_1_jeff-ashton-joerg-jaeger-orange-osceola-state-attorney

imo, Ashton seemed to be kind in most of the interviews he did when ask about the ANT's, he always claimed "they were in an impossible position, losing Caylee, & trying to save KC." His empathy for them suprised me as his was so passionate for justice for Caylee, a gentleman imo.

I guess you never know when an ANT is going to show up, despite CA, GA knew Ashton wanted justice for Caylee, above all else.

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 am

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/08/did-george-anthony-supply-ending-to-lifetimes-casey-movie.html

[snipped] “It was not expected, no. It was a surprise, but I wouldn’t say it was an unpleasant one,” Ashton told Weech. “George and I have always gotten along just fine. I appreciated his congratulations. It did take me by surprise. He was probably the last person I would have expected. But it was, in fact, nice to see him.” .............

I think George Anthony gave filmmakers the final scene. What do you think?"

kh

khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

snipped:

Casey Anthony would have been the last person I expected to see.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/08/did-george-anthony-supply-ending-to-lifetimes-casey-movie.html

That would have been something!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 am

khintx wrote:http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/08/did-george-anthony-supply-ending-to-lifetimes-casey-movie.html

[snipped] “It was not expected, no. It was a surprise, but I wouldn’t say it was an unpleasant one,” Ashton told Weech. “George and I have always gotten along just fine. I appreciated his congratulations. It did take me by surprise. He was probably the last person I would have expected. But it was, in fact, nice to see him.” .............

I think George Anthony gave filmmakers the final scene. What do you think?"

kh

I bet GA caught hell this morning from CA & CA probably shared KC's criticism/bitching through the emails they probably share daily. imo, GA knows who murdered Caylee & he has even said so, he even stated Caylee interfered w/KC's lifestyle, imo, the motive. Cindy can continue to play games w/the public & even continue to support KC financially, but she knows too her daughter is in fact a murderer, she has forgiven KC for the murder, imo, anything to continue a relationship, at any cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am

Boy, I bet his daughter is poed about that one. I think it may show he still believes his daughter is guilty. I would think Cindy is not to happy with him.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 pm

I think George was trying to send a message with that.
I for 1 received that message loud and clear.
He KNOWS Ashton was on the right side of the Truth, and he and Linda were the only advocates for Caylee in that Courtroom.

I never really liked George, but I never hated him either.
More like somewhere between Pity and Disgust.

Still amazes me it was just alittle over a year ago...
seems like a lifetime.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 am

Rob Lowe who portrayed Drew Peterson, now takes on Casey Anthony prosecutor

September 17, 2012
By: Cindy Adams

ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  A84a1d7da97e95f8fa9cded013c4c53c
Actor Rob Lowe is slated to play Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton in a Lifetime production.
Credits: (Craig Barritt/Getty Images)

On Monday it was revealed that Rob Lowe, who took on the role of convicted murderer, Drew Peterson, will now play a character on the other side of the law when he portrays Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton for Lifetime.

According to the Lawyer Herald, the TV movie will be called “Prosecuting Casey Anthony,” based on the book “Imperfect Justice,” penned by Ashton.

~Snipped~

According to the Herald, Virginia Welch will play Anthony, Elizabeth Mitchell will portray Florida State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick, Oscar Nunez of “The Office” will play Anthony’s lead attorney Jose Baez, Kevin Dunn will play her father George Anthony, and her mother, Cindy Anthony, will be portrayed by Marina Stephenson Kerr.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rob-lowe-who-portrayed-drew-peterson-now-takes-on-casey-anthony-prosecutor
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Rob Lowe: 'I was shocked' at Casey Anthony verdict

By Fehmida Bholat
updated 2:16 PM EST, Fri January 11, 2013

•Lowe: 'Sometimes in Hollywood, there is not a happy ending. This is one of those times'
•Lowe stars as prosecutor Jeff Ashton in the Lifetime movie, 'Prosecuting Casey Anthony'

ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  Lowe

Actor Rob Lowe says that while filming his latest movie, "Prosecuting Casey Anthony," about the young Florida mother who was put on trial for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, he became convinced that she had killed little Caylee.

In an interview with Showbiz Tonight's A.J. Hammer, Lowe, who stars as prosecutor Jeff Ashton in the Lifetime movie, says that he, along with most of the country, couldn't believe when Anthony was acquitted during her 2011 trial.

"I was shocked by the verdict," reveals Lowe, who says he had followed the news coverage religiously and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/11/rob-lowe-showbiz-tonight-prosecuting-casey-anthony?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Jose Baez, Part 2: Movie based on my book would be 'more compelling'
ASHTON:   Casey Anthony prosecutor ousts former boss!  1359065407817
(VIDEO STILL) Casey Anthony’s former lead defense attorney Jose Baez gave his opinion on her upcoming civil case.

By Scott McDonnell, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 5:10 PM

ORLANDO -- Can Casey Anthony win her civil case?

Her lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, gave his opinion on the case.

Baez also gave his take on the recent release of the lifetime movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony," based on the book written by Casey prosecutor and now state attorney Jeff Ashton.

"I don't think the movie did the case any real justice, it was a lot more intense than what the movie portrayed. It was a lot more emotional and for everyone, for the community, for the parties involved, for the lawyers who tried the case. And I don't think fiction lived up to the drama," said Baez.

Baez also wrote a book about the case, and said a movie based on his take would be more compelling.

Read more:

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/24/jose_baez_talks_case.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Baez goes from repping Casey to TV commercials

By Alice Feigel
updated 11:56 AM EST, Thu January 24, 2013

Jose Baez may soon be appearing in TV commercials hawking legal services.

Casey Anthony's former attorney has merged his law firm with Trial Pro, a company known for its law ads in Central Florida, according to HLN affiliate WKMG in Orlando.

Baez says the Anthony trial "allowed [his firm] to grow a lot faster than [they] probably would have before." He also says he will be a part of new commercials for the firm.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/24/jose-baez-tv-commercials
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down