Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

+24
Mari 68
hello clarice
Moosiesmama
Alessandra_Deux
LindaNewYork
KZ
Stolat
qtkitycat
sitemama
CuriousPortlander
Bat Woman
Eileen_Dover
Gizmo711
Bmore
jacct
Freckles
Hobnob
tesstruhart
Weeziethm
Lash
ishi
nanshin
Gia
Ann - Tx
28 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 pm

The court has recessed until tomorrow morning.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

I missed the end.
Anything happening there?
Will Jodi take the stand?

I will try to be here tomorrow to type for those unable to tune in during court time. Mo promises. geek
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Jodi Arias Denied Guilt After Told of Sex Photos, Palm Print, DNA
Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 4 Ap_jodi_arias_ll_130114_wg

Jodi Arias appears for her trial in Maricopa County Superior court Jan. 9, 2013, in Phoenix. (Matt York/AP Photo)

By COLLEEN CURRY
Jan. 14, 2013

A defiant Jodi Arias insisted she was innocent of killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander even after a detective told her that he had nude photos of them together on the day he died.

"Are you sure it's me? Because I was not there," Arias is heard saying in the police interrogation tape played for the Arizona jury today.

When Detective Esteban Flores tells Arias she is seen in pigtails in the photos, she asks with a tone of incredulity, "Pigtails?"

~Snipped~

The interrogation tape was played after the jury was shown sexually graphic photos that police recovered from Alexander's digital camera. Among the pictures were shots of Arias and Alexander posing naked on Alexander's bed, as well as pictures of Alexander in the shower.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-police-interrogation-tapes-played-court/story?id=18211547
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Jodi Arias sobs as court sees sexually explicit photos of her with ex-boyfriend hours before he was stabbed and shot to death

By Lydia Warren and Louise Boyle
PUBLISHED: 18:24 EST, 14 January 2013 | UPDATED: 18:57 EST, 14 January 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262395/Jodi-Arias-trial-Court-sees-naked-pictures-Travis-Alexander.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Jodi Arias Shocking Murder Trial Day 6 incomplete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Cqwz0tHtI&feature=player_embedded

Jodi Arias Shocking Murder Trial Day 6 not Complete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0I_y-f33o&feature=player_embedded
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Jodi Arias "sounded very innocent"

By Richard Dool
updated 7:57 PM EST, Mon January 14, 2013

•Jury saw tapes of Jodi's police interview from the day she was arrested
•Jodi Arias is charged with the murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander

Jane Velez-Mitchell had an exclusive interview with Brint Hiatt, a former roommate of Travis Alexander. Hiatt tells Jane that Jodi Arias called him several times after Travis was killed and that at the time, “she sounded very innocent.”

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/14/jodi-arias-sounded-very-innocent
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 am

Do I have this correct:
JA deleted images from the camera?
The camera's thumbnail file retained the images?

Surely, since JA was the photographer by trade, and even "helped" TA (according to her) with his camera, I would think she would know to delete the thumbnail when she deleted the main image?
Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 4 67673 hehehe

Apparently, Miss Smarty Pants messed up royally, again.
praise
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:53 am

1:18:47
--- Prosecution intentionally dropped the camera onto the carpeted floor. At first, I wanted to agree with defense the action was inappropriate. Then, I asked myself why would the pros would intentionally drop the camera onto the floor?

Did you get it?

-- Jodi has stated under sworn oath, Travis became angry at her when she dropped the camera and broke it.

-- Guess what? The camera did NOT break! So Jodi's statement is not valid. Bet we are going to hear of this in later testimony or closing statements.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
State calls Jody Citizen, Verizon Wireless employee, to the stand in the #JodiArias trial.

In Session ‏@InSession
Witness works for Verizon he's testifying about calls made to the victim's phone. #JodiArias

In Session ‏@InSession
Jody Citizen: The same number called the victim's phone multiple times the day of his death. #JodiArias

In Session ‏@InSession
Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi now questioning Verizon employee in the #JodiArias trial.

https://twitter.com/InSession
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Is there a live stream of the trial?
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Bat Woman wrote:Is there a live stream of the trial?

Yes. www.azfamily.com

They just adjourned for 90 minute lunch break. Will be back at 12:30 Arizona time (3:30 pm Eastern).

Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Bat Woman wrote:Is there a live stream of the trial?

Yes. www.azfamily.com

They just adjourned for 90 minute lunch break. Will be back at 12:30 Arizona time (3:30 pm Eastern).

thx weezie -- good time to catch a quick mouse Oh Behave
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Jodi Arias Trial - Live Video Stream:

AZCentral.com

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130102live-video-jodi-arias-murder-trial.html

WPTV

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Citizen: There were 2 calls from Travis to the phone number in the exhibits. There were 14 calls to Travis from the phone number. #JodiArias

In Session ‏@InSession
Judge calls lunch recess in #JodiArias trial.

In Session ‏@InSession
Defense is raising its motion for a mistrial outside presence of the jury.--defense is accusing the State of eliciting inaccurate testimony.

https://twitter.com/InSession
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

checked wptv & azc. Can I assume trial hasn't reconvened?
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Bat Woman wrote:checked wptv & azc. Can I assume trial hasn't reconvened?

There is a delay. Tweets from AZFamily say the defense is claiming prosecutorial misconduct on the cell records.

Cannot find any updates, but will continue to monitor.

Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm

It is back!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 pm

They were late because the lawyers were with the Judge in the Judges's chambers.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Bat Woman wrote:checked wptv & azc. Can I assume trial hasn't reconvened?

There is a delay. Tweets from AZFamily say the defense is claiming prosecutorial misconduct on the cell records.

Cannot find any updates, but will continue to monitor.

thx again
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Did Arias try to create her own alibi?

By Graham Winch
updated 6:34 PM EST, Tue January 15, 2013

•Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in Arizona
•Arias says she killed Alexander in self-defense

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/15/did-arias-try-create-her-own-alibi
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 pm

I am aghast at Jodi's narrative of the alleged "attackers" who supposedly killed Travis. It is such a weird, rather long winded, fabricated tale.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:I am aghast at Jodi's narrative of the alleged "attackers" who supposedly killed Travis. It is such a weird, rather long winded, fabricated tale.

Pretty amazing, isn't it? Such a pathological liar! I feel like I'm watching Casey Anthony all over again.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:I am aghast at Jodi's narrative of the alleged "attackers" who supposedly killed Travis. It is such a weird, rather long winded, fabricated tale.

Pretty amazing, isn't it? Such a pathological liar! I feel like I'm watching Casey Anthony all over again.

She does remind me of Casey, especially when she is trying to emulate emotions, they are both sociopaths.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Jodi Arias Shaken, Crying as She Told One Last Lie About Killing Ex-Boyfriend, Prosecutors Say

(VIDEO)

By COLLEEN CURRY
Jan. 15, 2013

Jodi Arias was cornered, wearing an orange jump suit and crying, with her knees pulled up to her chest and her hands shaking, when she came up with one last lie, prosecutors say, to tell police about the killing of her ex-boyfriend.

Intruders came in and murdered Travis Alexander and then threatened to kill Arias and her family, she told police in a 2008 taped interview played at her murder trial today in Arizona.

"He was kneeling down in the shower, I don't remember, I was taking pictures, and I don't really know what happened after that exactly, except I think he was shot," Arias said on the tape, crying and placing her face in her hands, and then rocking back and forth in her chair.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-hacked-boyfriends-voicemail-killing/story?id=18220830
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jodi Arias Nude Crime Scene Photos Streamed Live to the Public Through "Technical" Error

by Jeff Kimble, PI, posted January 15, 2013

http://dryheat-observationsofanarizonapi.blogspot.com/2013/01/jodi-arias-trial-nude-crime-scene.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Alessandra:
"He was kneeling down in the shower, I don't remember, I was taking pictures, and I don't really know what happened after that exactly, except I think he was shot,"

WTF??? She wants us to believe she is a photo-journalist or something?

The stories she has spun! She is really messed up!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Freckles wrote:Alessandra:
"He was kneeling down in the shower, I don't remember, I was taking pictures, and I don't really know what happened after that exactly, except I think he was shot,"

WTF??? She wants us to believe she is a photo-journalist or something?

The stories she has spun! She is really messed up!

No wonder the defense team was upset when the ME and Det. Flores stated in court that Travis was NOT shot first, as first thought. If he had been shot before being stabbed, it would have aligned more with version 2.0. of her story. Not that it matters now that she's on version 3.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 am

Jodi Arias trial continues: More interrogation video played

Posted: Jan 15, 2013 6:39 PM CST
Updated: Jan 15, 2013 10:18 PM CST

By Mia Garcia, FOX 10 News

(VIDEO)

PHOENIX - In the Jodi Arias trial Tuesday, more police interrogations were played in court. And the jury got to listen to a cold, unemotional voicemail Jodi Arias left Travis Alexander.

That voicemail was left hours after prosecutors say she stabbed him 27 times and shot him in the head.

Arias eventually confessed to killing him, but for days she denied it to police, over and over again.

In interrogation video, you can see Jodi Arias break down as police question her about Travis Alexander's death.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20597045/2013/01/15/jodi-arias-trial-continues-more-interrogation-video-played
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am

To add a comment re Jodi's version 3.0 of self-defense, the most telling "oopsie" that counters that (as if we believed it in the first place, yeah right) was the voice mail message she placed to Travis' phone on June 4 at 11:48 p.m. She is chirpy and pleasant as she chatters on about inviting him to some kind of Shakespeare event with mutual friends, and says I'll talk to you later...

At this point, Travis has been dead since 5:32 p.m.

So yeah, she is evil.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 am

Who was with #JodiArias at Budget rental car? The Budget employee testifies today! Watch #InSession until 3pm, then...

I've been wondering about this. I'm guessing an unsuspecting sucker. IMO.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Weeziethm wrote:To add a comment re Jodi's version 3.0 of self-defense, the most telling "oopsie" that counters that (as if we believed it in the first place, yeah right) was the voice mail message she placed to Travis' phone on June 4 at 11:48 p.m. She is chirpy and pleasant as she chatters on about inviting him to some kind of Shakespeare event with mutual friends, and says I'll talk to you later...

At this point, Travis has been dead since 5:32 p.m.

So yeah, she is evil.

Certifiable. Cuckoo. Cray Cray.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Why has it taken so long for her to come to trial?
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Who was with #JodiArias at Budget rental car? The Budget employee testifies today! Watch #InSession until 3pm, then...

I've been wondering about this. I'm guessing an unsuspecting sucker. IMO.
http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video

Most interesting. I had missed that "little" detail.
Delanzo Enterprise, airport, Redding, CA
He is up now!

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

To rent a car:
21 yo; valid DL; major CC;
25 yo; valid DL

Shown a rental car agreement;
car rented 8:05 AM; rental agreement is original
Admitted as evidence;
3 sheets for rental;
- rented by Jodi Arias
- demeanor pleasant, had rented prior, called it in for rental; gentleman with her;
- Jodi was asked where she was going: around town;
did not want a red car but wanted one less visible;
-- Jodi mentioned she was single, just going around town;
-- Jodi's hair was blonde at the time of the rental;
-- June 2 at 8:04 was rental time;
-- June 6 at 8:15 for return of car;
-- unlimited miles
-- Asked where she was going for purpose of vehicle maintenance

-- Rented white Ford Focus; he was on duty when it was returned; he checked it in

-- He spoke with Jodi; thought it was to be local miles and was surprised; 2834 miles on vehicle; she said she decided to take a longer trip'

-- Detailers cleaned vehicle; witness did inspect car; stains on back seat; appeared to be Kool-Aid;
same Kool-Aid stain on front passenger stains;
floor mats were missing all around;

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Cross exam of witness:
=== He is an independent employee, owner of Delonza at Redding, CA
=== Reviewing the reservation of car by Jodi;
=== Jodi called to ensure vehicle would be ready;
===They verify in system the DL but do not make a copy of it; CC i swiped and verified as to funds available for the rental;
===
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Reshowing Det Interview after her arrest: see orange jump suit:
Asks her if she wants to stop there with the info;
tells her she has given so much already why not tell it all?

Jodi says she never had the gun;she has seen it before;
Jodi says she doesn't think she has ever fired a gun;
says she never killed Travis; she said if she planned to hurt him in anyway she could never stab him; she would have to shoot him many times; she would wear gloves; she would make it as humane as possible; make it quick;
she thinks he was in shock; TA said he could not move when JA tried to move him; he was still all conscious and everything; he wasn't standing up;

Det tells her she has told him she was there at the house; the evidence of the story doesn't match; he does not believe her;

Jodi says as long as she is there, the two are getting away with it;

Jodi wants contact with TA's family; she wants to write them a letter; says she knows the grandmother's addy after Det said he would not give her the addy;

Det reviewing.
Jodi has inconsistencies; she has stated she can't tell the truth/info because it would hurt her family;
Det tells her she is hurting her family now by not telling the truth.

Bench.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Bmore wrote:Why has it taken so long for her to come to trial?
Dunno. Maybe because it is a capitol crime, meaning potential for death penalty?
(Got to get all the little ones in order, you know. duckies )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm

I guess... His family has had to wait so long...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Bmore wrote:Why has it taken so long for her to come to trial?

I know there have been many delays. Many motions. Two judges (hey, what does that sound like?) At one point, Jodi wanted to represent herself. Fired the first two public defenders (IIRC). The large man at defense table asked to be excused from her case, but was denied.

Tactic was delay, delay, delay.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:55 pm

aside from the mother, who else has been there representing JA's side?
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Testimony from Budget Car Rental Man...She requested a car without a "loud" color and rejected the red one he initially offered settling for a white car. Told him she was just driving locally. When she checked the car back in the rental car guy was surprised by the amount of miles she had put on it.
He asked her about it and she said she decided to take a little bit longer trip. ETA: Yeah, 2,834 miles longer
He noticed there were "kool aide" like stains on the front passenger seat and the center back seats.
All floor mats were missing.
ETA: She was also a blonde at that time (IIRC June 2 @ 8:04 a.m.)

Last edited by Weeziethm on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : hair color and mileage)
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Bat Woman wrote:aside from the mother, who else has been there representing JA's side?

Hi Bat Woman. I believe her aunt (mom's twin sister), her own sister, and one or 2 friends, one of which was a former cell mate in jail.

How nice
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Inside The Jodi Arias Trial: Mistrial Motions Highlight Day 7

AZCentral.com's in depth coverage of the Jodi Arias Murder trial.

More related videos at link:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2096708639001
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:46 pm

AZCentral - 12News

Chris Williams

Tweets:

https://twitter.com/chriswnews
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:AZCentral - 12News

Chris Williams

Tweets:

What's a "Lisa"?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Bmore wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:AZCentral - 12News

Chris Williams

Tweets:

What's a "Lisa"?

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews
#JodiArias asks det about stopping int vid before talk of a "Lisa". Both sides talk to judge who calls for lunch recess in #Arias case

I don't know who "Lisa" is, but she is apparently someone who is mentioned in the interrogation video.

The defense asked the detective to stop the interrogation video and there was a sidebar.

We will probably find out what this is about when the court resume after lunch.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
Bat Woman wrote:aside from the mother, who else has been there representing JA's side?

Hi Bat Woman. I believe her aunt (mom's twin sister), her own sister, and one or 2 friends, one of which was a former cell mate in jail.

How nice
Wonder if she even notices or cares who sits on her side of court. Sad.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm

They are back..... Cross examination of detective Flores continues....
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Where are you able to watch the trial now? Thanks, mama
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Back:

Lisa? Is she the former short-term roommate?

Moved in with with a roommate in Greenfield.
Said gf was engaged, and had just moved in with bf;
Said she was getting married to Scott that weekend and needed Jodi to move out;
Jodi was going to move in with Brenda;
Tiffany, who knew Travis, told Jodi to go to a LDS site; Jodi failed to check the rental locations but it was near Travis;
supposedly, Travis freaked out;
Jodi said she did not know about Travis and Lisa... tape stopped.

Who was Lisa? Lisa Andrews? Correct.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next