Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

+24
Mari 68
hello clarice
Moosiesmama
Alessandra_Deux
LindaNewYork
KZ
Stolat
qtkitycat
sitemama
CuriousPortlander
Bat Woman
Eileen_Dover
Gizmo711
Bmore
jacct
Freckles
Hobnob
tesstruhart
Weeziethm
Lash
ishi
nanshin
Gia
Ann - Tx
28 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

Post by Freckles Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 am

I try to understand the cold demeanor of killers.
How can they sit so quietly, unrepentent of their actions?

I stumbled on this and am sharing it.
The child reminds me of Jodi. Casey. Little Emma's mother. Others.
It is the story of a child so abused she has failed to develop normally. She has no remorse for her actions and would like to kill her adoptive parents, her bio brother.
She is only 6 1/2 yo.
What will she be like as an adult?

It is not for the meek to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4&NR=1
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

nanshin wrote:Art, I pre-ordered Shanna Hogan's book "Picture Perfect" from Amazon yesterday. Release date about October. Thanks for the 48 Hours update, I will not miss it ! I haven't heard much on these bogus letters written by Travis (not) Jodi's mother supposedly gave them to the National Inquirer. It was on NG last night, she was speaking to someone from NI.

nanshin - thanks for the name of the book, I too will read it. I saw an article yesterday that said, "Is Jodi the new Casey Anthony?" I saw the original 48 hours on Jodi a couple of years ago, but searching the archives of the episodes I was never able to find it, it may have been removed. I am assuming the old 48 hours has come into play, maybe some of Jodi's statements, IDK, I guess they will explain it on this one on Saturday night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 pm

art tart wrote:
nanshin wrote:Art, I pre-ordered Shanna Hogan's book "Picture Perfect" from Amazon yesterday. Release date about October. Thanks for the 48 Hours update, I will not miss it ! I haven't heard much on these bogus letters written by Travis (not) Jodi's mother supposedly gave them to the National Inquirer. It was on NG last night, she was speaking to someone from NI.

nanshin - thanks for the name of the book, I too will read it. I saw an article yesterday that said, "Is Jodi the new Casey Anthony?" I saw the original 48 hours on Jodi a couple of years ago, but searching the archives of the episodes I was never able to find it, it may have been removed. I am assuming the old 48 hours has come into play, maybe some of Jodi's statements, IDK, I guess they will explain it on this one on Saturday night.
Hi art tart - If you are referring to the original (old) 48 hours program, here is a link:
https://youtu.be/HelfB6s-Raw
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
art tart wrote:

Hi art tart - If you are referring to the original (old) 48 hours program, here is a link:

Eileen_Dover - your too sweet, I looked forever for the episode as I could only remember some of it, during the process, I saved no less than 15 episodes to my favorites. LOL!

I am watching this tonight! Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Freckles wrote:
Snipped...
State: Will notify Andrews re Defense request.
Due to issue of stalking, Andrews was afraid of a stalker.
Andrews was NOT told of Arias being a stalker; Andrews was informed by the Defense. It was inflammatory and perhaps improper.

State: ? "Caldona"?? had spent some time at TA's home; knock on the door; TA's tires were slashed. No one there. A short time later, another knock on the door at TA's home, no one there but tires slashed; then she had her tires slashed.

State: Dec 8, 2007, She rec a letter from a John Doe telling her she was an unworthy whore, etc.

State is concerned and will not be putting her on the stand.

Defense: Feels exculpatory evidence; Andrews was dating TA at the same time dating JA; says appropriate to call her as a witness and intends to do so;

State: She is reluctant to testify; State will call her per Judge's instructions.

Ok, so defense is basically saying any woman who has ever dated a man who was on the sly has a murder-the-b*stard-and-get-outta-jail-free card???!

Damn! He just described my entire dating history! There could have been a lot of cold bodies out there by now!

Coming from someone who was married to a real life legitimate abuser, I can tell you, this gal was no real victim, except for being a victim of her own poor self-esteem. Abusers don't just start abusing out of the blue with only one isolated person. It's a narcissism they develop with years of practice and trails of "practice material". My ex had a slew of ex's who "told me so" but I refused to listen. So far they have failed to produce one single ex of TA who will attest to any hostile or even demeaning nature in his character - not one!!. That tells me everything right there.

Also, medical reports shows the bullet wound was from a shot taken at a distance great enough to dispel self defense. In other words, she was far enough that at that point he was not physically endangering her. Besides- here's the big no-brainer....she had the gun and a knife, he had a bar of soap....how can she fear for her life when she's the only one with a weapon?

She's one messed up cookie and even if TA was a dog and juggled a bunch of women, that does not justify premeditated murder. Hell, even I have juggled two suitors at the same time before. Wasn't honorable thing to do but sure as hell doesn't make me a sexual deviant, an abuser or a candidate for execution!!!!!!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm

art tart wrote:
Eileen_Dover wrote:

Eileen_Dover - your too sweet, I looked forever for the episode as I could only remember some of it, during the process, I saved no less than 15 episodes to my favorites. LOL!

I am watching this tonight! Thanks
Art - you are most welcome. I went through the same search process and finally found the link over as WS. One of the posters was kind enough to post it to You Tube. I understand it could be pulled so best not to wait too long to watch it.

Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 pm

"48 Hours" preview: The Trial of Jodi Arias

Maureen Maher gives a preview of a "48 Hours" report about a 32-year-old woman who is currently on trial for murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139227n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Accused Murderer Jodi Arias Makes A Killing On eBay (PHOTOS)

Posted: 01/18/2013 4:32 pm EST | Updated: 01/18/2013 4:49 pm EST

By David Lorh

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/jodi-arias-artwork-ebay_n_2505997.html#slide=1999787
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?

January 18, 2013 4:59 PM
By Jonathan Leach

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 6 Jodi_arias_244x183
Jodi Arias/ Brian Bierwiler/Four Alarm Pictures

(CBS) -- Since her capital murder trial began in early-January, Jodi Arias has been under the watchful and scrutinizing eye of the public.

With every move she makes comes some form of commentary. The cable news shows and internet blogs begin buzzing and every impassioned observer seems to have an opinion about her appearance and performance in the courtroom. If Jodi cries, she's labeled a calculated actress. If she doesn't, she's callous. If she wears glasses or a dull green blouse she's trying to play the role of a demure book worm rather than the sultry temptress prosecutors are making her out to be. Perhaps the critics are right, and maybe she is putting on a show. Nobody knows for certain. But what is true of anyone sitting in Jodi's position is that the only people she needs to impress are the twelve men and woman picked to decide her fate

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57564785-504083/meeting-jodi-arias-first-impressions-never-lie-or-do-they/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Jodi Arias: "I was scared for my life"

(Video clip)

January 18, 2013 11:34 AM

In a 2008 interview, Jodi Arias is questioned by "48 Hours" correspondent Maureen Maher about why Arias did not call 911 - or anyone - on the day of Travis Alexander's murder. Hear more from Arias, who is currently on trial for Alexander's murder, Saturday at 10/9c on "48 Hours."

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139239n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Friend recalls slain ex-roommate, Arias as friends

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 10:07 AM CST
Updated: Jan 18, 2013 11:27 AM CST

By Donna Rossi
Posted by Steve Stout

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #1 - Page 6 20623286_BG1
(Source: CBS 5 News) Aaron Dewey was a former roommate of Travis Alexander and considered Jodi Arias a friend. Arias is accused of murdering Alexander in2008.

PHOENIX (CBS5) - A friend and former roommate of murder victim Travis Alexander said he once considered Alexander's accused killer a friend.

Aaron Dewey, who has been featured on several national network shows, sat down with CBS 5 News to give added insight to his former roommate in the only local interview he has given to date.

"It's surreal you know?" Dewey said. "This is the stuff that they make horror movies out of."

He said that never in a million years could he have imagined that someone he was close to, worked with and roomed with would be brutally killed by Jodi Arias, whom he considered a friend.

(Video at link) Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/20623286/friend-recalls-slain-ex-roommate-arias-as-friends
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Kleinman Law Firm Interview on ABC15

Published on Jan 18, 2013

Brent discusses the Jodi Arias case with Steve Irvin. After the prosecution finished presenting their case the defense filed a motion requesting that the premeditation charge be dropped. we discuss what that means and the possibilities of the rest of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM8l821IAdM&feature=player_embedded
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Brian Silber Commentary: Jodi Arias Murder Trial

Published on Jan 18, 2013

Attorney Brian Silber discusses the Jodi Arias murder trial with Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN (01-17-2013).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-I_MwnnGH0&feature=youtu.be
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 am

Travis on Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Travis on Myspace

From your source:
" Who I'd like to meet:
HMMM well Jesus for starters. People who like to give high 5's incessantly. I'd also like to meet Osama Bin Laden in all out no holds barr, winner take all cage fight. Christopher Walken would be fun to eat Lunch with. Really most people, well except for whores. They are a dime a dozen these days especially on myspace. So if your employment involves a webcam, I don't see it going anywhere. Outside of that I'm good to go. "
crystal ball
BBM I have to wonder how he regarded Jodi.
Was she only a dime a dozen?
If so, how did he regard himself after he hd spent night with her?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm

In the event this has not been posted earlier:

Tonight - Saturday, 1-19-13 on CBS

@ 9 pm CST/10 pm EST

48 Hours: "Picture Perfect - The Trial of Jodi Airas"
(2013) Accused killer Jodi Arias' trial.

Source: my DirecTV Guide
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
In the event this has not been posted earlier:

Tonight - Saturday, 1-19-13 on CBS

@ 9 pm CST/10 pm EST

48 Hours: "Picture Perfect - The Trial of Jodi Airas"
(2013) Accused killer Jodi Arias' trial.

Source: my DirecTV Guide
Thank you for the reminder!
Only saw the last few minutes so will have to go on-line to watch this.
I did notice, however, Jodi has changed the part in her hair.
Is this so she can duck behind the hair and hide her face from the jury when she does not want them to see her rejections/lack of reactions?
I have to wonder if she is watching herself on the daily news.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm

48 HOURS - FULL EPISODE

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias

January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Accused killer Jodi Arias told all to "48 Hours" ... now her words are evidence in her life-or-death trial. Maureen Maher reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139320n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Jodi Arias on Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Jodi Arias on threats received in Calif. jail

January 19, 2013 7:25 PM

In a 2008 interview, Jodi Arias tells "48 Hours" correspondent Maureen Maher about two threatening notes she says she received in a California jail before her extradition to Arizona.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139242n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jodi Arias on Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias

Pic 12 pf the friends album shows JA and her friend LESLIE in OK.
Leslie testified at JA's trial. I believe that was the last day of testimony.

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias/photos/22751045#{%22ImageId%22%3A19541028}
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:42 am

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Travis on Myspace

From your source:
" Who I'd like to meet:
HMMM well Jesus for starters. People who like to give high 5's incessantly. I'd also like to meet Osama Bin Laden in all out no holds barr, winner take all cage fight. Christopher Walken would be fun to eat Lunch with. Really most people, well except for whores. They are a dime a dozen these days especially on myspace. So if your employment involves a webcam, I don't see it going anywhere. Outside of that I'm good to go. "
crystal ball

From Day 3 testimony:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-trial-sex_n_2405515.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:20 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Freckles wrote:
From your source:
" Who I'd like to meet:
crystal ball

From Day 3 testimony:

The media needs a reality check on Arias's virginity factor. They keep pushing the story that TA pressured her into sex. Come on folks, how many people here really think Arias was a virgin at 30yrs old (with a boob job no less from the looks of the nude photos) and she wasn't even a Mormon at the time they first started having sex???!!! The only pressure going on was to get TA to marry her. And judging from the fake holier-than-thou attitude in the harassment email she sent to love interest Andrews, she certainly knows how to manipulate people based on their vulnerabilities. She knew TA was trying to remain faithful to Mormonism so seducing him would only make talks of marriage more plausible - which we already saw evidence of from his email. Of course he was using her. He was a 30 yr old bachelor who was playing the field. Not honorably at that, but not justified homicide OR abuse either. If he told Jodi he was not going to marry her and just having sex after they broke up, then the shame is ALL ON HER. I speak from experience and have made same poor judgement. Therapist told me first time shame on him (being used), second time shame on ME (if I allow myself to be used). She willingly went back for more, and at that point it was all about control- HER control over him, her ownership, her entitlement and she was willing to go to extremes and kill before she'd ever pass on that control to any other woman. All her tv interviews are demonstrative of her need to have control of the situation. "Mark My words" she told the tv interviewer. Why? Because she is arrogant enough to command someone from behind bars and still exert control.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 am

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/01/jodi-arias-murder-trial-10-important-evidence-photos/
RadarOnLine 1/21/13 - Article

Jodi Arias Murder Trial: 10 Most Important Evidence Photos
Direct link to the 10 photos:

http://radaronline.com/photos/jodi-arias-trial-the-10-most-important-crime-scene-photos/1/

RadarOnLine 1/21/13 - Photo slideshow
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:35 am

Ann - Tx wrote:http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/01/jodi-arias-murder-trial-10-important-evidence-photos/
RadarOnLine 1/21/13 - Article

Jodi Arias Murder Trial: 10 Most Important Evidence Photos
Direct link to the 10 photos:

http://radaronline.com/photos/jodi-arias-trial-the-10-most-important-crime-scene-photos/1/

RadarOnLine 1/21/13 - Photo slideshow

1:46.... 1 minute 46 seconds. The article details that from the time of TA's last photo alive to the shot of him on the floor, Arias's attack took place within 1:46 seconds.

Folks...do you realize she is trying to convince a jury that an argument took place, resulting in an allegedly life-threatening lunge at Arias, resulting in Arias being able to break free and go find A KNIFE and then go find A GUN all under ONE MINUTE FORTY-SIX SECONDS???

Keep in mind the difference between premeditated and defensive murder hinges on whether the weapons were already at her disposal at the time of the murder. If this is truly defensive and she allegedly and unintentionally dropped the camera causing an outburst then she would not have had advance warning to have a gun AND a knife right there in the room with her in the bathroom. Remember, the 1:46 includes the time required to take 27 stabs at him and cause him to crumple to the floor where the infamous photo was marked. So she already had the gun in there and she already had the knife in there. WHY??? If not to kill him, then why? She has never once answered that question. And she was fully dressed while he was naked in the shower. Ready to run. AND more importantly, ready to shield her from any counter attacks- she would be less vulnerable with clothes on.

The weapons were there in the bathroom, ready to be used. Not in case of an accident in the bathroom but because they were part of the plan to take revenge.

I don't believe at all that she dropped the camera, first because she is a photographer- the least likely person on the planet to mishandle her equipment. Secondly, I think she let the camera drop in order to withdraw her weapons and attack him without warning. The camera held to her face was a distraction and she threw it down when she was ready to pull the first weapon. In fact, his last photos alive has always bothered me - my first impression was that he has this intent and puzzled look on his face as if something he just heard or saw really puzzled him or took him off guard. It was the last shot before the camera drops. And I can imagine that puzzled look where he's lookin directly at Arias was in response to her saying "say goodbye you lying cheating bastard".
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Stolat wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

From Day 3 testimony:

The media needs a reality check on Arias's virginity factor. They keep pushing the story that TA pressured her into sex. Come on folks, how many people here really think Arias was a virgin at 30yrs old (with a boob job no less from the looks of the nude photos) and she wasn't even a Mormon at the time they first started having sex???!!! The only pressure going on was to get TA to marry her. And judging from the fake holier-than-thou attitude in the harassment email she sent to love interest Andrews, she certainly knows how to manipulate people based on their vulnerabilities. She knew TA was trying to remain faithful to Mormonism so seducing him would only make talks of marriage more plausible - which we already saw evidence of from his email. Of course he was using her. He was a 30 yr old bachelor who was playing the field. Not honorably at that, but not justified homicide OR abuse either. If he told Jodi he was not going to marry her and just having sex after they broke up, then the shame is ALL ON HER. I speak from experience and have made same poor judgement. Therapist told me first time shame on him (being used), second time shame on ME (if I allow myself to be used). She willingly went back for more, and at that point it was all about control- HER control over him, her ownership, her entitlement and she was willing to go to extremes and kill before she'd ever pass on that control to any other woman. All her tv interviews are demonstrative of her need to have control of the situation. "Mark My words" she told the tv interviewer. Why? Because she is arrogant enough to command someone from behind bars and still exert control.

Hi Stolat,

The story that the media has pushed from the start is that Travis Alexander was a 30 years old virgin and that Jodi Arias seduced him, that is also what the prosecution is claiming.

"Jodi Arias is depicted by prosecutors as a woman who seduced Travis Alexander, a Mormon, had wild sex with him, stalked him and later killed him in a jealous rage."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-conflicting-images-devout-mormon-jealous-killer/story?id=18173913

"Most young couples would call that "outlet" sex, but for Travis and Jodi, as devout Mormons, sex outside of marriage was taboo.

"I loved telling all my friends ... my brother is a 30-year-old virgin," said Steve Alexander.

Celibacy is one of the basic tenets of the Mormon faith -- one that, as far as his friends and family knew, Travis took very seriously.

"It was a core piece of Travis' belief to not have any kind of sexual relations with anyone that you're not married to," said Taylor Searle."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-57564827/self-defense-or-jealous-rage-jodi-arias-on-trial-for-brutal-murder-of-ex-boyfriend/

There is no doubt that Jodi committed a heinous crime, Travis died a horrible death. He was shot, stabbed, butchered, it was an overkill. I don't believe that his murder was justified.

I have been trying to figure out what was going through Jodi's mind when she committed the crime, but it is very difficult to understand the psyche of a killer.

By looking at her Myspace page, I get an "appearance of normalcy", she doesn't seem to be socially awkward in the pictures with her family, her friends, or her co-workers, it is hard to know what lies behind the facade.

If she was Travis' "dirty little secret" (after they had broken up), and she felt humiliated by it, she willingly allowed him to use her as "a sex object". It is apparently obvious that she wanted to be more than that, and that is probably what drove her over the edge; she had a bruised ego and very low self esteem. The brutality of the murder shows her deep seated anger and resentment towards him, their realtionship was sordid at best, and toxic at worst.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Hi Stolat,

The story that the media has pushed from the start is that Travis Alexander was a 30 years old virgin and that Jodi Arias seduced him, that is also what the prosecution is claiming.

"Jodi Arias is depicted by prosecutors as a woman who seduced Travis Alexander, a Mormon, had wild sex with him, stalked him and later killed him in a jealous rage."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-conflicting-images-devout-mormon-jealous-killer/story?id=18173913

"Most young couples would call that "outlet" sex, but for Travis and Jodi, as devout Mormons, sex outside of marriage was taboo.

"I loved telling all my friends ... my brother is a 30-year-old virgin," said Steve Alexander.

Celibacy is one of the basic tenets of the Mormon faith -- one that, as far as his friends and family knew, Travis took very seriously.

"It was a core piece of Travis' belief to not have any kind of sexual relations with anyone that you're not married to," said Taylor Searle."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-57564827/self-defense-or-jealous-rage-jodi-arias-on-trial-for-brutal-murder-of-ex-boyfriend/

There is no doubt that Jodi committed a heinous crime, Travis died a horrible death. He was shot, stabbed, butchered, it was an overkill. I don't believe that his murder was justified.

I have been trying to figure out what was going through Jodi's mind when she committed the crime, but it is very difficult to understand the psyche of a killer.

By looking at her Myspace page, I get an "appearance of normalcy", she doesn't seem to be socially awkward in the pictures with her family, her friends, or her co-workers, it is hard to know what lies behind the facade.

If she was Travis' "dirty little secret" (after they had broken up), and she felt humiliated by it, she willingly allowed him to use her as "a sex object". It is apparently obvious that she wanted to be more than that, and that is probably what drove her over the edge; she had a bruised ego and very low self esteem. The brutality of the murder shows her deep seated anger and resentment towards him, their realtionship was sordid at best, and toxic at worst.

Yeah...her pictures look about as normal ad Casey Anthony's didn't they?

Everyone needs to keep in mind that when they met (both almost 30) the ONLY one who was a devout Mormon and therefor a presumed virgin was Travis. Jodi didn't convert until after she realized TA wasn't going to marry a non-Mormon do there is no reason to believe she was chaste. In fact according to the guy she climbed on top of and grinded her pelvis on within 24 hrs of killing TA would claim she was quite forward considering they had never physically laid eyes on each other until that evening. It sounds an awful lot like Jodi was a sex addict - which doesn't mean someone has to have sex, but rather they use sex as a coping tool to overcompensate for their insecurities and as a tool to exert control over others because deep down they are not in control of themselves.

Normal? Seriously how many normal people can we say go out and slash our competitor's tires?? It was proven that Jodi sent the "anonymous" threatening email to Andrews telling her to back off of TA. This same girl had all 4 of her tires slashed the same exact night as Travis's. Is there seriously much doubt that this was anyone other than Jodi? And if so, how "normal" is that?! I'd say that's really pretty hostile and aggressive. I think that alone gives us a little insight into the pure rage bottled up inside that fraudulently demure body. That was an escalation of hostility and aggression yet to come. Writing on the wall.

She obviously had his voicemail password and obviously found out that he was going to Cancun with a girl that might be "the one" and her hatred against herself, all her self-loathing for allowing herself to be such a doormat was redirected at TA.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:25 pm

I find it interesting:
The camera shots of TA on the bed show the lubricant bottle. In the investigative pictures taken showing the "tossed" and tangled bedding, the bottle is not in the picture, ie, on the bed.

No one has spoken re the "sex" they had.
Delicate to discuss but I will blunder into the subject.

Since Clinton stated he had NOT had "sex" with that woman, some have re "sex" to imply vaginal intercourse.
Oral sex, for some in the younger generation, does not seem to qualify IF the female is "saving her virginity" for marriage. I have to wonder if TA felt he WAS obeying the tenets of his faith by NOT engaging in vaginal sex but only in anal or oral sex. I seriously doubt if JA had any reservations re any form of sexual intercourse or foreplay.

Edited to add:
Perhaps TA felt he was obeying the " letter of the law" if not the intent of the law.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Stolat wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Hi Stolat,

Yeah...her pictures look about as normal ad Casey Anthony's didn't they?

Everyone needs to keep in mind that when they met (both almost 30) the ONLY one who was a devout Mormon and therefor a presumed virgin was Travis. Jodi didn't convert until after she realized TA wasn't going to marry a non-Mormon do there is no reason to believe she was chaste. In fact according to the guy she climbed on top of and grinded her pelvis on within 24 hrs of killing TA would claim she was quite forward considering they had never physically laid eyes on each other until that evening. It sounds an awful lot like Jodi was a sex addict - which doesn't mean someone has to have sex, but rather they use sex as a coping tool to overcompensate for their insecurities and as a tool to exert control over others because deep down they are not in control of themselves.

Normal? Seriously how many normal people can we say go out and slash our competitor's tires?? It was proven that Jodi sent the "anonymous" threatening email to Andrews telling her to back off of TA. This same girl had all 4 of her tires slashed the same exact night as Travis's. Is there seriously much doubt that this was anyone other than Jodi? And if so, how "normal" is that?! I'd say that's really pretty hostile and aggressive. I think that alone gives us a little insight into the pure rage bottled up inside that fraudulently demure body. That was an escalation of hostility and aggression yet to come. Writing on the wall.

She obviously had his voicemail password and obviously found out that he was going to Cancun with a girl that might be "the one" and her hatred against herself, all her self-loathing for allowing herself to be such a doormat was redirected at TA.

I agree with you, nothing is "normal" about this story, that's why I wrote: "the appearance of normalcy", no one knew what was brewing under the surface.

Before Jodi went to Utah, she had already met Ryan Burns, they both worked for the same company.

Testimony by Ryan Burns:

"Burns was a co-worker of Arias’ at PrePaid Legal Services. He testified that they met at a work convention in Oklahoma in April 2008 and after talking for a bit he asked her for her number. They began speaking to each other three-five times a week.

He testified that they arranged for Arias to visit him in West Jordan, Utah. According to Burns Arias arrived several hours late and had bandages on several of her fingers. He said Arias told him she hurt herself on a broken glass while working at a Margaritaville restaurant in Northern California where she lived."

It is my opinion that Jodi used her road trip to visit Ryan in Utah as her alibi. When she was first interrogated by detective Flores, she vehemently denied that she had been in Arizona, she claimed that she got lost and that's why she drove over 2.800 miles. If not for the camera, and the pictures with the time stamp that the investigators were able to recover, it would have been difficult to indict her for Travis' murder.

What I find appalling (for lack of a better word) is the fact that after she killed Travis, she was able to spend time with Ryan, and not only that, she was able to socially interact with his group of friends as if nothing ever happened, her demeanor after she committed the murder shows a total lack of remorse, and utter disregard for human life.

I know that her lawyers have to come up with some kind of scenario, a theory as to why she killed Travis, but I do not believe that she acted in self defense.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Freckles wrote:I find it interesting:
The camera shots of TA on the bed show the lubricant bottle. In the investigative pictures taken showing the "tossed" and tangled bedding, the bottle is not in the picture, ie, on the bed.

Since Clinton stated he had NOT had "sex" with that woman, some have re "sex" to imply vaginal intercourse.
Oral sex, for some in the younger generation, does not seem to qualify IF the female is "saving her virginity" for marriage. I have to wonder if TA felt he WAS obeying the tenets of his faith by NOT engaging in vaginal sex but only in anal or oral sex. I seriously doubt if JA had any reservations re any form of sexual intercourse or foreplay.

Edited to add:
Perhaps TA felt he was obeying the " letter of the law" if not the intent of the law.

No matter how you look at it, it is all sex. It would be hypocritical to pretend otherwise.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Secrets Behind Jodi Arias' Defense

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 7:45 PM EST, Mon January 21, 2013

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/21/secrets-behind-jodi-arias-defense?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 am

Alessandra-
I totally agree! If the intent was to find ways to avoid the tenets of the faith AND then to pretend one is "virtuous" is to deny the truth. I only offer it as "plausibility" for a possible justification TA/JZ might have offered to church officials.

Do you think JA will take the stand?
In her narcissistic way, I imagine she would like that attention. However, IMO, she will hang herself if she does take the stand for then she WILL remove all doubt in the eyes of the jury. (I hope she does take the stand. That prosecutor will shred her.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 am

Freckles wrote:I find it interesting:

Edited to add:

In one of the televised court hearing it was already established that in addition it oral they had anal sex as well. I think it's safe to say neither of these two were virgins OR novices to sex. TA just was just trying. To convince himself he was devout. Or perhaps that was the inner struggle he was reconciling. There was a tv documentary saying that oral sex is the new "virginity" for today's youth and it's becoming completely acceptable as a way to claim virginity. The problem is that there is also a rise of STD's because with oral or anal, there is no safe sex, no condoms. TA wasnt unique in thinking they were technically playing by the rules.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 am

Alessandra, you are correct. Ryan had met once before. I went back and listened to his interview and he said Jodi was very sexually aggressive considering they had one laid eyes on each other once before. I think it's safe to say the message is the same. Jodi used sex or the lure or sex to manipulate and control and dominate men. She just did it in a way that seemed demure. She was the one who was in control. A seasoned woman once told me the way to control a man is to master the art of making him think HE is in control. I fail miserably at such a craft but it makes sense to me. :-)
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 am

Honestly I think the fact of the matter is that she waited 2 years behind bars before her lawyers presented the self-defense theory, after realizing the two-intruder theory wasnt going to sell a jury. Two years.

That's like people who claim their kids are kidnapped but wait five days to call 911.

If that jury falls for it, they ought to throw a mixer with the Pinellas 12.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Stolat wrote:Honestly I think the fact of the matter is that she waited 2 years behind bars before her lawyers presented the self-defense theory, after realizing the two-intruder theory wasnt going to sell a jury. Two years.

That's like people who claim their kids are kidnapped but wait five days to call 911.

Jodi change her story not once, but twice. Casey lied but she never admitted to killing her daughter, Jodi's lawyer in her opening statement told the jurors that Jodi killed Travis but that it was an act of self defense after an abusive relationship.

The defense hasn't put on a case yet, but I think her lawyers are going to try to save her from the death penalty. To prove the allegations of "the battered woman syndrome" her lawyers need to present documented evidence to show that the abuse took place. I don't believe it exist.

The defense might be able to show that there was some kind of emotional abuse, I don't know if that is going to be enough to elicit sympathy from the jurors. I had to muster up some courage to look at the pictures of the crime scene, they look like a scene from a horror movie, I can't even imagine how the jurors felt when they saw them on the courtroom's big screens. It was an overkill, it doesn't read like self defense.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm still confused about JA's "confession". I understand it wasn't taped so can anyone tell me when/how/by whom is was documented? Clearly a confession is pivotal in the case or any other for that matter, so why does it seem to be 'understated' by the prosecution.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Stolat wrote:Honestly I think the fact of the matter is that she waited 2 years behind bars before her lawyers presented the self-defense theory, after realizing the two-intruder theory wasnt going to sell a jury. Two years.

Jodi change her story not once, but twice. Casey lied but she never admitted to killing her daughter, Jodi's lawyer in her opening statement told the jurors that Jodi killed Travis but that it was an act of self defense after an abusive relationship.

The defense hasn't put on a case yet, but I think her lawyers are going to try to save her from the death penalty. To prove the allegations of "the battered woman syndrome" her lawyers need to present documented evidence to show that the abuse took place. I don't believe it exist.

The defense might be able to show that there was some kind of emotional abuse, I don't know if that is going to be enough to elicit sympathy from the jurors. I had to muster up some courage to look at the pictures of the crime scene, they look like a scene from a horror movie, I can't even imagine how the jurors felt when they saw them on the courtroom's big screens. It was an overkill, it doesn't read like self defense.

Yes but the defense is going to have a hard time explaining why they waited so long to change to self-defense. Her story about the 2 intruders shooting Travis was the last story she left off with and she and her lawyers let that story/claim stand for 2 whole years (thats half her time in jail) before they decided to change strategy. I can *almost* understand her story changing from the first interrogation to the next, which occurred within 48 hours - she says she was scared, ok. But the. She came up with the 2-intruder story and that's the story she stuck with - for two full years. How do you explain that for two years you were willing to go to court with that story and then half way through you up and change your mind -Again!

Also, her only catalyst for explaining why Travis lunged at her in a way that caused her to fear her life was that she had dropped his camera and he got mad...

Well guess what? They proved (and it was reported on NG) the camera was HERS! Now how will she explain that one? TA would care less if she dropped her own camera. So he had no motive to get angry and she has offered no other explanation for his anger other than the camera dropping.

I swear if these idiots fall for these lies that aren't anywhere close to adding up or even making sense, I will go nuts. This one is a no-brainer. If she were ugly and 250lbs America would stone her to death and then leave her carcass out for the vultures. No lie.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Bat Woman wrote:I'm still confused about JA's "confession". I understand it wasn't taped so can anyone tell me when/how/by whom is was documented? Clearly a confession is pivotal in the case or any other for that matter, so why does it seem to be 'understated' by the prosecution.

Good point. It because she never confessed during interrogations. That's my whole point. She was already incarcerated for two whole years and already represented by lawyers (which means she was no longer talking directly to any police) and it was her attorney's who submitted the paperwork to change the strategy.

Two years ago her lawyers made a motion to submit incriminating letters from TA implying he was abusive - which the judge had analyzed and they were deemed a fake and thrown out of court (which her mom then took to National Enquirer in a desperate attempt to jury taint). At that time Jodi was maintaining that TA was murdered by intruders and therefore had no reason to request abusive letters from TA to be admitted. So that shows the timeline in which her attorneys changed tack.

So there is no taped confession. It is somewhat similar to Casey showing up to court saying her father molested her and he watched Caylee drown. Completely left field. Except for Casey - it worked!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

BBM
If defense can convince the jurors of this, smoke & mirrors has been elevated to a new level.
Bat Woman
Bat Woman

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Bat Woman wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

BBM
If defense can convince the jurors of this, smoke & mirrors has been elevated to a new level.

No Doubt! I said that earlier. This would basically pave the way for a lot more dead bodies out there on very flimsy premises. Basically it marks any "dog" on the street for justifiable homicide! All they hav to do is refer to a woman using a dirty word and tell them to wear panties they can rip off and use them for booty calls. They just described half the jerks in my graduating class lol! That's a lot of dead men out there. Lol
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA - MARICOPA COUNTY

Jurors questioned regarding possible juror misconduct

1/15/2013

Page 3 :

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012013/m5592126.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Freckles wrote:Alessandra-
I totally agree! If the intent was to find ways to avoid the tenets of the faith AND then to pretend one is "virtuous" is to deny the truth. I only offer it as "plausibility" for a possible justification TA/JZ might have offered to church officials.

Do you think JA will take the stand?
In her narcissistic way, I imagine she would like that attention. However, IMO, she will hang herself if she does take the stand for then she WILL remove all doubt in the eyes of the jury. (I hope she does take the stand. That prosecutor will shred her.)

I will be surprised if she takes the stand, especially after all the statements that she made during her interrogation(s). I agree with you, Martinez will tear her apart on the stand.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:44 pm

From Dr Drew last night:
O found several interesting tid-bits on his site:

Babysitter for JA: audio and transcript blurb:
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/21/arias-babysitter-says-she-saw-aggression-arias?clusterId=167#videoplayer

Former bf, Abe Abdelhadi, spoke with JA after murder of TA:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/16/man-who-dated-arias-believes-shes-killer

Profiling JA:
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/21/tonight-profiling-jodi-arias

Pathology of lying:
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/15/arias-stories-what-was-really-going-her-mind

geek
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm

JA told she is not welcome:
Jacob Mefford, friend, Cancun trip
1/17/13 HLN TV
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/14/travis-alexander-tells-jodi-arias-youre-not-welcome-here

Jodi sounded very innocent
1/15/13 HLN TV
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/14/jodi-arias-sounded-very-innocent

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Police: Arias was preparing to flee

By Graham Winch
updated 4:52 PM EST, Tue January 22, 2013

•Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear
•Arias says she killed him in self-defense

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/22/cops-jodi-arias-was-ready-flee?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Attorney: 'It's smelling pretty bad' for Arias defense

By Alice Feigel
updated 12:45 PM EST, Tue January 22, 2013

•Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in Arizona more than four years ago
•Arias says she killed Alexander in self-defense

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/22/arias-prosecution-case?clusterId=1303#videoplayer
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Variety of pictures from prosecution evidence:
133 pics
1/16/2013

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Jodi Arias jury starts asking questions

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 7:48 AM EST, Tue January 22, 2013

•Jurors have asked lead detective several questions about investigation, prosecution evidence
•Questions have been asked of other witnesses too
•Jury questioned timestamps, dates on instant messages

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/21/jodi-arias-jury-starts-asking-questions?clusterId=1303#videoplayer
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Pic 72-73/133:
Evidence of a check written by JA to TA
Check date: 5/29/2008 or 5/25/2008
Check amount: $246.??? ??
Comment: Arp-May 2008

Do we know what this was for?
Was this to pay for a seminar, merchandize ?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next