Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

+32
olivier57
tesstruhart
Pianist
justanopinion
18thcenturylady
Junebug
Weeziethm
vegret
Bmore
nemo1970
Mercysake
Moosiesmama
Alessandra_Deux
renatae
Mylife101
FireandBlood
sassy5d
gsweater
hello clarice
jerseyjul1
auman58
sitemama
Jill-in-NV
Nene_Please
Gizmo711
Hinky Refugee
yellow bike
keikikiki
dbratt
ShellJett
LoriKaye
Mrskinger
36 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 18 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:31 pm

so over time JA stopped thinking about the event of killing TA but thought more about her lesbian jail sex... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 18 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Bmore wrote:so over time JA stopped thinking about the event of killing TA but thought more about her lesbian jail sex... lol

'xactly awe
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:34 pm

JA is suffering "some pretty major symptoms..." based upon her test scores. He said he would look to see IF the test had been administered before, etc. (Yeah! Like over 11 times)

Major symptoms? Like, war, maybe? Or seeing something horrible happen as in a car accident? Maybe, witnessing some terrible event in nature as a hurricane? A person hit by a car? Having a house burn down while they were inside?

Come on. Geffy! Tell us what would cause these "major symptoms"... Wooden spoons?

BS
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

TWEET

reporterjmiguel Some of the Alexander's friends are falling asleep
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Judge needs to rein this in....ENUF
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Bmore wrote:i'd be very concerned about my sexual actions too if my stuff looked like hers...

Yup. I'd be suing some old flames for damages incurred.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Freckles...she was traumatized by her ma and pa finding her tupperware pot....LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Mari... she's a self admitted 2 hander, she did that damage herself...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

JA glared at Juan as he approached the bench.

JA slid something off the table into her lap.
She is studying the item.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Bo wrote:Freckles...she was traumatized by her ma and pa finding her tupperware pot....LOL

"Tupperware pot..." awe

Laughing roflao Laughing roflao Laughing roflao
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Bmore wrote:I'd like to add to the above... I'd be more concerned for someone that saw it and still wanted to partake...

WTF???? LOL

I will ALWAYS remember this, to be honest. It just screams abnormal to me.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 pm

So let me get this straight, JA butchers a man. Gets arrested and has 2,343 tests administered to her to determine if she has any pathological anomalies going on. Alyce is called in to suggest that she is a battered and abused woman, hence the anger problems with Travis. Dr. Dick is called in to suggest she has PTSD from butchering another human. He then has to rescore his findings twice on a blank piece of paper. Never mind that he is using an outdated test...a blank piece of paper... Dr. G is called in to rescore the rescore and say that Dr. Demarte is not a valid professional because she didn't use a test that was out of a couple of weeks before she administered her test. Jodi sits there smirking, arts and crafts, novel writing and all around good egg. All we need is Silly Sally (the grief counselor) from the CA case and we will have come full circle.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 pm

TWEET

michaelbkiefer Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD are not mutually exclusive, Geffner says. They could go together; the scale only measures trauma.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Bmore wrote:Mari... she's a self admitted 2 hander, she did that damage herself...

The cause of the wonky finger, I'm convinced.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

rode hard and put away... well.... destroyed... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 pm

tesstruhart wrote:So let me get this straight, JA butchers a man. Gets arrested and has 2,343 tests administered to her to determine if she has any pathological anomalies going on. Alyce is called in to suggest that she is a battered and abused woman, hence the anger problems with Travis. Dr. Dick is called in to suggest she has PTSD from butchering another human. He then has to rescore his findings twice on a blank piece of paper. Never mind that he is using an outdated test...a blank piece of paper... Dr. G is called in to rescore the rescore and say that Dr. Demarte is not a valid professional because she didn't use a test that was out of a couple of weeks before she administered her test. Jodi sits there smirking, arts and crafts, novel writing and all around good egg. All we need is Silly Sally (the grief counselor) from the CA case and we will have come full circle.

By George, I think you got it!
Now, would you explain that back to me?
In reverse?

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #17 - Page 18 836886
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 pm

OH OH! GEFFY JUST HUNG HER. IMO.

TWEET

elizabetherwin Geffner says if borderline symptoms go back to adolescence then diagnosis might fit, but not if symptoms start with trauma.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Junebug wrote:I don't normally talk about peoples' looks but, I wish this guy would use Just for Men on his mustach as well or not use it at all.

LOL I was thinking the same thing when I saw photo of Geffner! His helmet hair looks like he has a bad dye job! There's this older guy in our little town who dyes his hair and it looks like that! It's so harsh. The guy is 70 or so and would look so much better without fake dyed hair!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:44 pm

your hypo is already wrong JW... the PTSD was caused by the murder not the abuse... your own expert said that... even the talking heads said that was a weird order to use that as a defense...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 01, 2013 2:44 pm

sooo....you can't have both at the same time????!!! I'd say she's had personality disorders since childhood..LOL

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm

fb is blowing up because he just burped.... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm

omg she is taking notes for taking the test next time... roflao
guess it is good to have dreams!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 01, 2013 2:49 pm

the contrast tween head on hair and below nose is a beyond ridiculous here..how does anyone expect to be taken seriously when presenting themself that way and OMG he just friggin belched

oh well at least he aint giving me the creepy old coot alert that Samuels did
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

I have to say just in the style of answering questions, Dr. D wins hands down. She was so easy to understand. I feel like we are back in the FOG.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

btw I couldnt turn it off....I feel trapped
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

POST traumatic stress disorder??? sooo...what was she BEFORE the murder???

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Is the court going to take their usual one and a half hour lunch break today? IMO the judge should limit that to 30 min. under the circumstances, and tell JW that her witness has only a specific amount of time with her before it's Juan's turn to cross. From the sound of what you are all saying is going on, I can't see how Juan can cross this guy, present his rebuttal doctor, etc., in just today.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

TWEET

BethKaras The tests administered to Arias support anxiety and trauma, not a personality disorder. Now Geffner's discussing... fb.me/2rTL2f4ou about 1 minute ago

elizabetherwin Dr. G says according to testing #JodiArias met the criteria for PTSD. about 1 minute ago

elizabetherwin Calling all psychologists out there-would you feel comfortable diagnosing a patient you'd never met with?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

JW never knows how to get to the point. She doesn't know when less is more. she has a lot to learn.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

is this going anywhere?? is the d-team just going blah blah blah... feel like I have lost a lifetime just now!! anything critical said... what did I fall sleep for?

justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Is the court going to take their usual one and a half hour lunch break today? IMO the judge should limit that to 30 min. under the circumstances, and tell JW that her witness has only a specific amount of time with her before it's Juan's turn to cross. From the sound of what you are all saying is going on, I can't see how Juan can cross this guy, present his rebuttal doctor, etc., in just today.

I would bet that dteam is trying to fill as much as they can to let only a few time to JM when everyone will be tired and not listening. I think that the judge should gave half the day to each.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm

justanopinion wrote:is this going anywhere?? is the d-team just going blah blah blah... feel like I have lost a lifetime just now!! anything critical said... what did I fall sleep for?

honestly the only thing of importance I have heard that was not just a rehash of prior testimony was him sayin Dr. D was unprofessional for not using the latest test available. IIRC she clearly explained the company she worked for had yet to buy the test so it was IN FACT unavailable to her at that time!
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:Is the court going to take their usual one and a half hour lunch break today? IMO the judge should limit that to 30 min. under the circumstances, and tell JW that her witness has only a specific amount of time with her before it's Juan's turn to cross. From the sound of what you are all saying is going on, I can't see how Juan can cross this guy, present his rebuttal doctor, etc., in just today.

First of all, you are supposed to be laying down. Do not attempt to get any REAL information until about 4pm PST, okay?

LOL

Perhaps Juan won't want his second doctor on the stand - sounds to me like Geffy is not necessarily helping the defense any. Juan can choose to just get to closing. Maybe he will wait to make the decision when the jury questions come in - see which way they lean
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:56 pm

your reaction would be different between a bear and tiger attack...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh no he didn't! Saying trama from a bear or a tiger wouldn't matter after Dr. D explained how very different it would be with different triggers etc... This makes him look bad-Dr. D had made a really good and valid point with that. No
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

If I was arrested and slammed into jail and then told the state would be seeking the death penalty on me for the brutal decapitation I inflicted on my ex-boyfriend - I WOULD BE SCORING REAL EFFING HIGH ON ANXIETY AND TRAUMA TOO!
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 01, 2013 2:59 pm

How many people in life suffer from trauma???? How many of them people kill????

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 01, 2013 2:59 pm

problem really is he is talking in generalities.. and wtf does this have to do with JA slaying TA?

he keeps talking about date rape... does he know anything about this case?? has he seen Hodi... black hole that the universe got sucked into...

justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Carla... Dr. G basically said that if Dr. D didn't have the new version of the test she should have obtained it or not given the old version from what I got from it...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 pm

just because JA uses big words doesn't mean she's smart or can understand what's she read...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Tweet

elizabetherwin Dr. G says its the reaction to the event, as long as there was some type of trauma it still works. about 1 minute ago ·

elizabetherwin Willmott using the jury question bear vs tiger attack for Dr. G 2 minutes ago

elizabetherwin I still can't get those graphic autopsy photos out of my head and I'm sure we'll see them again during closing arguments. 6 minutes ago

BethKaras The tests administered to Arias support anxiety and trauma, not a personality disorder. Now Geffner's discussing... fb.me/2rTL2f4ou 8 minutes ago ·

elizabetherwin Dr. G says according to testing #JodiArias met the criteria for PTSD.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 01, 2013 3:02 pm

tesstruhart wrote:JW never knows how to get to the point. She doesn't know when less is more. she has a lot to learn.
Best Posting Of The
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nemo1970 Wed May 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry for a lame question, Defense went with " She killed because she was abused, She doesn't remember because her hippocampus was turned off, She lied about it because of PTSD." Why didn't they go with temporary insanity plea ?

nemo1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Soooo if DeMarte used an "old" test and not the "Updated" version.....then ALL the people BEFORE the "Updated" version came out.. were diagnosed wrong???!!!!! I mean....you can't have it both ways....Someone will always be Tested on "An old Version" once a NEW one comes out!!!!

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 01, 2013 3:03 pm

[quote="Mari 68"]

First of all, you are supposed to be laying down. Do not attempt to get any REAL information until about 4pm PST, okay?

LOL

LOL! I am laying on the sofa with my 2 lazy yorkies! Window is open and it's a sunny gorgeous day in New Hampshire---wishing I wasn't so sick. Got me some cow poop from the neighbor the other day, waiting to be shoved into my gardens, but hubby said he would do that tonight---Would love to myself, but just not up to that. I AM bein' good and resting. TV is off. Listening to birds.
UR right, I should just wait a few hours at least to check in here, but I keep hoping for an idea of when Juan could cross this witness. IMO if he doesn't finish pretty soon, there won't be time for cross, jury questions, new pro. witness, cross, jury questions, etc. LOL!

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm

that was my thought Bo... so everyone on the old test was mis-diagnosed...? by a few months... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 pm

oooohhh cut lunch by 15 minutes
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Bo wrote:Soooo if DeMarte used an "old" test and not the "Updated" version.....then ALL the people BEFORE the "Updated" version came out.. were diagnosed wrong???!!!!! I mean....you can't have it both ways....Someone will always be Tested on "An old Version" once a NEW one comes out!!!!

The point I would like to ask is "does the new test returns different results in this case" ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Prediction:

Stabby will get a migraine.

Between now and Juan's final closing argument.

So I see it like this - Juan closes - Defense closes - then Juan gets final word.

IF Juan is in the middle of his final word - and then they have to take a 15 min or noon break - Jodi will fall under the migraine.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

IIRC, there is a grace period by which professionals use to transition from one test to the other test. Dr D testified that she was within the grace period. She also explained what the changes were with the updated version and they were minor, I think!

The only thing I came away with this morning is confirmation that JW is really really jealous of Dr D Laughing
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next