Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

+33
WeeBonnie
nemo1970
Bo
colsnipe
vegret
yellow bike
glazier
sassy5d
ladymary
Junebug
Mrskinger
Calypso
tesstruhart
FystyAngel
jerseyjul1
Pianist
Mari 68
Mylife101
18thcenturylady
Alessandra_Deux
Sarainbc
auman58
olivier57
keikikiki
Ann - Tx
hello clarice
justanopinion
Moosiesmama
gsweater
carlakay
Freckles
Weeziethm
Bmore
37 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon May 20, 2013 11:35 am

olivier57 wrote:"USE NOTE: Regarding hung juries at the penalty phase, the proper procedure is specified in
A.R.S. § 13-752(K): “[I]f . . . the jury is unable to reach a verdict, the court shall dismiss the
jury and shall impanel a new jury. The new jury shall not retry the issue of the defendant’s
guilt or the issue regarding any of the aggravating circumstances that the first jury found by
unanimous verdict to be proved or not proved. If the new jury is unable to reach a
unanimous verdict, the court shall impose a sentence of life or natural life on the defendant.”
http://www.azbar.org/media/58847/4-capital_case_instructions_revised_2011.pdf

In my opinion, there are few chances that they all choose death, so they will call a new jury (seems a strange solution) which will reach the same result and Judge Stephens will select LWOP. Then with appeal and other tricks she will get parole later.

IF she gets LWOP---Life without parole, she can NEVER be up for parole.
I do believe she will end up with that or death. I don't think anyone is just going to go for "life", where she could possibly be paroled someday.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22

Post by Mari 68 Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:I believe that Jodi is very limited in what she can say to the jury because she has claimed self defense, any statements that she might make can affect her appeal process.

Some defense lawyers are saying (on HLN) that she shouldn't plead with the jury to spare her life, that her mother should do it instead, if she does take the stand to speak on her own behalf, she has to pick her words very carefully because she doesn't want to jeopardize her chances at the appeal level.

Agreed. Though I love to watch Jodi hang herself with her own mouth - its not good for her to get up and say another word.

Her mother should beg. And leave Darryl out of this.

What the F'k is even relevant about any experience he ever had with her???? He's a damn boyfriend - 20 years her senior - hardly a character witness. Just stupid.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson's high school golf coach taking the stand in the penalty phase. Bizarro!

Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 am

IF Jodi does take the stand today I predict she will 'botch' it. We all know she doesn't listen to her own attorneys and is firmly convinced she is smarter than anyone else.
I don't think she can or will resist saying the WRONG things.
I think she will only succeed in ticking off the jury.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am

18thcenturylady wrote: By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

“However, after returning home Ms. Womack began receiving threats, threats that included threats on her life if she were to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf,” attorney Kirk Nurmi wrote in the motion. “On May 19, 2013, Ms. Womack contacted counsel for Ms. Arias that she is no longer willing to testify due to these threats. It should also be noted that these threats follow those made to Alyce LaViolette, a record of which was made ex-parte and under seal.”

LaViolette, an expert on domestic violence, testified during Arias’ trial and was subsequently harrassed and threatened by trial watchers who staged a massive defamation campaign against her.

On May 8, Arias, 32, was found guilty of first-degree murder for the 2008 slaying of Travis Alexander, 30, who was found dead in his Mesa home. He had been shot in the head, stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit. Arias said she killed Alexander, her secret lover, in self-defense, but the jury did not buy that story.

Last week, the jury determined that the murder was committed in an “especially cruel manner,” making Arias eligible for the death penalty.

Now the jury is to consider “mitigating factors,” that is, evidence about Arias’ character and background that may sway them not to impose a death sentence. Womack was to be one such witness.

Whether a defense attorney presents mitigation evidence becomes an issue on appeal, especially at a stage called “post-conviction relief,” which is the first appeal after the case is reviewed by the state Supreme Court and possibly by the U.S. Supreme Court.

That is the first opportunity for a defendant to question whether his or her defense attorney provided effective assistance, and it has recently been the subject of several U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

Nurmi has requested mistrials on several issues during the course of the 4 1/2 month proceeding.

BS
Another motion for mistrial filed yesterday by Kurt Nurmi.
In my opinion the reason for Ms. Womack deciding not to testify for Jodi is NOT because of any death threats from wackos.
I think has everything to do with cowardice---She's afraid of Juan's cross, as well she should be!
Obviously no 'threats' are stopping Darryl from taking the stand for his fair damsel in distress!
In any case I can't see a mistrial. Judge and lawyers have no control over any weirdos in the public.

agree 100%..the article flat out says " Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case."
How convenient Womack is threatened AFTER this. Who's to say them wackos in support of Jodi aint the ones doing this crap anyhow?
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 11:43 am

18thcenturylady wrote:IF Jodi does take the stand today I predict she will 'botch' it. We all know she doesn't listen to her own attorneys and is firmly convinced she is smarter than anyone else.
I don't think she can or will resist saying the WRONG things.
I think she will only succeed in ticking off the jury.

Maybe she will channel her best KC impersonation and say "I wish I could have been a better girlfriend."

(snark)
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 11:44 am

@ C/K

...not to mention that court was/is always dark on Friday's so the article is wrong in that detail any-who.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

Weeziethm wrote:@ C/K

...not to mention that court was/is always dark on Friday's so the article is wrong in that detail any-who.

Laughing good catch...
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 am

the thing is... if she won't testify because she says she's threatened then that goes against JA's right to a fair trial at least for the penalty phase.. she only has DB and herself to say why she shouldn't die... This girl is suppose to talk about her abuse as a child, to confirm it. JM already reminded the jury that we only have JA's word, no doctor reports or family members supporting it. but there is also the issue of her going on TV saying there was never abuse and JA had a great live... But if there is proof of a viable threat to her I can see a possible issue... JSS can't control the public but she needs to protect the integrety of the case...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am

i personally think she's scared of everything this experience is going to entail... before, during and after...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 am

well I think a mistrial at this point would be insane. Way I feel about it is this..if ya put your face n name on national television defending the actions of someone ya barely know who has been accused of commiting a horrific crime you should expect more than a lil negative feedback. The fact she is receiving threats IS NOT JSS fault nor is it the state of AZ's so why should they foot the bill for TWO trials when this woman chose to put herself out there the way she did?
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 pm

i agree, don't get me wrong but on the other side of the coin is the non-emotional legal aspect that if the defendant isn't getting a fair trial because their witnesses won't testify because of death threats then you can't really have a trial... lol... It's like old school mafia... lol But as you guys pointed out earlier, the threats came after the time she was supposed to testify if they really came at all... I've been out of the loop working in my yard whenever there has been daylight, therefore sleeping every other time...... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon May 20, 2013 12:05 pm

The mother is the best one to get up on the stand.

Period.

Her husband is dying, her mother is in a wheel chair (sometimes lol) and she's got other children to take care of - she should lay it on thick how devastating this is to her and her husband and Jodi's siblings - talk about Jodi's craziness - her history of showing mental problems, etc.

Its Jodi's only chance, I think.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Freckles wrote:Look at DB's hands and fingers here @35:00!
Tell me those are not the fingers in the peen pics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5QUH9Dmuo&feature=player_embedded

Wish I had the peen pics to post with this video.

*** @40:35
DB said the Mormon missionaries started "showing up" BEFORE the Las Vegas PPL convention. Sex w/ JA had already been put on hold PRIOR to the LV convention; actually, it was put on hold as soon as DB announced he was moving back to Monterrey to be close to his son (and his ex- wife...) . IMO, JA took sex out of the equation as soon as DB announced he was NOT going to be marrying JA, was moving to be closer to his his son and his ex- ... So it was NOT because of Travis JA ended the sex with DB; it was NOT because of Travis JA had an interest in the Mormon faith; it was NOT because of Travis JA joined PPL.... in the SPRING of 2006! After all, JA met Travis in the FALL of 2006. Missionaries had been coming to the home in the SPRING of 2006; JA joined PPL in SPRING of 2006--- NOT because Travis had encouraged her!!! (JA stopped making payments on the home she and DB bought together when DB moved DESPITE DB continuing to pay his half of the mortgage. She threw it all away so she would be a helpless feline in need of a room and board, readying to move in with the next smuck. )

Wow. The lies are thicker than flies on a cow dung heap.
JA is the orchestra conductor of the lies and Nurma only brings them forth on her behalf!!!

Yes Yes YES Freckles! Whew! I noticed this too, after DB testimony. Meant to try and put it down in b&w but never got to it...just considerin' it made my foggy brain scramble so THANK YOU! Yes.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 12:08 pm

18cl:
Excellent find on the photo of the lips! Solid research and contribution. Best Posting Of The

Carla:
Re Womack receiving threats and Nurmi (*again) requesting a mistrial--- Who would this benefit a sposed threat to a witness? Yeah. I am SO fed up with the dteam pulling this crap, stalling because they have NOTHING solid to offer but delay in hopes something comes along or a juror gets ill, etc.. Hail Mary passes only seem to work if you are Catholic and I just don't believe JA is that this year...
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Kei-
Morning! I really would like to put the picture together with the video (or a snap shot taken from the video) but I don't know where the pic is and I don't know how to extract from the vid...

Auman-- Are you still on this morning?? I am interested in your theories re what upset Travis re Jodi in May. (Just JA being herself should have been enough to upset anyone but that is JMO...)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Mon May 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Freckles wrote:The question has come up as to why JA had sex with Travis:
IMO, Travis was NOT expecting JA. Nothing in phone text or emails or even phone calls to suggest he was aware and monitoring her very long drive. She let herself in using the garage security code according to testimony she gave. Travis was a night owl. I dunno if he was awake at that time or not. IMO, JA "discovered" Travis roomie was at home so she had to delay murdering Travis. She could not have sex with him due to the roomie being there and she could not murder him. So she talked with Travis trying to convince him to take her back in a bf/gf relationship. He would not budge. They went to sleep. Travis DID answer the phone shortly after noon re a phone conference scheduled for that evening. JA, however, said they BOTH slept until shortly after one PM when they had this sposed sex.

With the roomies gone, JA proceeded to murder Travis. The delay in waiting for the roomies to be gone made her trip to Utah run much later than she had anticipated; JA created the lies of getting lost as people started calling to see if she was "safe" on her trip.

The ninja story:
To keep her lies straight, JA has to have her pattern, her "matrix". The ninja story : JA said there was a male and a female (this would be Travis and JA); she said the two ninjas argued (this would be Travis and JA); she said the one had the knife and the other the gun (she is telling you in advance she plans to put the gun in Travis' hand/control while she, the female, has the knife); she said the gun was held to her head and failed to fire (she is telling of SHE putting the gun to Travis' head and the gun only firing the once); JA said Travis fell in the hallway (this would be the blood smear indicating Travis had fallen and slid off the wall); JA said Travis said he couldn't feel his legs (IMO, this is when JA kicked his legs to make sure he could not ambulate); JA said Travis told her to run and get help from a neighbor (IMO, Travis indicated he was trying to get to a telephone for help).

JA has repeatedly stated Travis called her names and threatened to kill her. Well, someone pointing a knife/gun at you,YOU don't usually threaten to kill THEM.
IMO, everything JA is saying here is what SHE actually said to Travis. SHE called him names and told him SHE was going to kill HIM.

And she did.

JMO in trying to work her stories thru.

Yes again; you are on a roll today!

One thing that still confuses me is the 'sposed' phone calls on her way & just before leaving Yreka...I agree that Travis was NOT expecting her...Just don't understand the phone calls- even if they did actually speak during those calls, I do NOT believe he knew she was headed his direction. Any thoughts on those phone calls? Sorry if y'all have discussed this long ago.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 pm

she might have been trying to smooth things over or calling into his vm to see what he was doing/his plans for the up coming days she planned on being there... To make sure she's there the same time he is and to just be nosey
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Freckles wrote:Kei-
Morning! I really would like to put the picture together with the video (or a snap shot taken from the video) but I don't know where the pic is and I don't know how to extract from the vid...

Auman-- Are you still on this morning?? I am interested in your theories re what upset Travis re Jodi in May. (Just JA being herself should have been enough to upset anyone but that is JMO...)

I sure hope one of these computer whizzes can help ya out on this! I'm a dud on that stuff Shocked but uh YEAH that is soooooo DB's!!!
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Mari 68 wrote:The mother is the best one to get up on the stand.

Period.

Her husband is dying, her mother is in a wheel chair (sometimes lol) and she's got other children to take care of - she should lay it on thick how devastating this is to her and her husband and Jodi's siblings - talk about Jodi's craziness - her history of showing mental problems, etc.

JA is the one who said her father was undergoing kidney dialysis; JA is the one who said her father was dying of cancer; JA is the one ... who. said.

You believe JA?

I accepted without question the "wheelchair health" of JA's grandma. Made a fool out of me! Now I suspect the entire family is pulling rabbits out of hats fast enuff to make a magician's head spin. We know bro Carl was selling some of her stuff on ebay; we know bro Joseph was managing some of her social media accounts; we know sis Angela is now into fund raising AND blogging for the convict; we know Auntie has started her own strong-arm blogging. And granny is hopping over curbs...

Something tells me this family is just a bunch of grifters. Nah. I don't believe a word or an action from any one of them. (The truth is Daddy is busy running another restaurant... I keep wondering why he opens/closes so many of them... )
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Bmore wrote:she might have been trying to smooth things over or calling into his vm to see what he was doing/his plans for the up coming days she planned on being there... To make sure she's there the same time he is and to just be nosey
YES! IMO, JA wanted to know the agendas for Travis and for the roomies.
I really don't think she planned on them being in the house... and when she found they were there, well, sex went out the door, murder went out the door, and she caught up on her beauty sleep.... She was passing time waiting for when she would have the time to murder Travis because THAT was her agenda. Utah was her alibi... and if she couldn't kill Travis, no need for Utah--- a lie to Ryan would suffice, you know?

Travis called/spoke with JA twice on that trip of hers.
The first call, IIRC, was @ 2 minutes; the second call was @ 20 minutes.
I could be wrong so someone should verify that if important...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Freckles wrote:
Mari 68 wrote:The mother is the best one to get up on the stand.

Period.

JA is the one who said her father was undergoing kidney dialysis; JA is the one who said her father was dying of cancer; JA is the one ... who. said.

You believe JA?

I accepted without question the "wheelchair health" of JA's grandma. Made a fool out of me! Now I suspect the entire family is pulling rabbits out of hats fast enuff to make a magician's head spin. We know bro Carl was selling some of her stuff on ebay; we know bro Joseph was managing some of her social media accounts; we know sis Angela is now into fund raising AND blogging for the convict; we know Auntie has started her own strong-arm blogging. And granny is hopping over curbs...

Something tells me this family is just a bunch of grifters. Nah. I don't believe a word or an action from any one of them. (The truth is Daddy is busy running another restaurant... I keep wondering why he opens/closes so many of them... )

I do know the dad is sick. He's gray/yellow - other than that, I got zilch.

But the jurors know nothing - again, the mother is the best one to get on the stand. Other than those clips of their interviews with Det Flores, I've never heard from the mother.

She could fumble the whole thing for all I know.

Grifters? Ya, you could be right.

We call them "scramblers" in my family. The people who are always scratching and scrambling - when you always have to do that, almost your entire thought process becomes manipulative.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon May 20, 2013 12:32 pm

If she really wants DP, why doesn't she just fire witnesses and lawyers and say it on the stand instead of in front of a camera ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Jodi Arias Death Penalty Witness Withdraws After Receiving Death Threats

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-death-penalty-witness-death-threats-withdraws/
Radaronline - 5/20/13

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Mon May 20, 2013 12:46 pm

18thcenturylady wrote: By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

“However, after returning home Ms. Womack began receiving threats, threats that included threats on her life if she were to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf,” attorney Kirk Nurmi wrote in the motion. “On May 19, 2013, Ms. Womack contacted counsel for Ms. Arias that she is no longer willing to testify due to these threats. It should also be noted that these threats follow those made to Alyce LaViolette, a record of which was made ex-parte and under seal.”

LaViolette, an expert on domestic violence, testified during Arias’ trial and was subsequently harrassed and threatened by trial watchers who staged a massive defamation campaign against her.

On May 8, Arias, 32, was found guilty of first-degree murder for the 2008 slaying of Travis Alexander, 30, who was found dead in his Mesa home. He had been shot in the head, stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit. Arias said she killed Alexander, her secret lover, in self-defense, but the jury did not buy that story.

Last week, the jury determined that the murder was committed in an “especially cruel manner,” making Arias eligible for the death penalty.

Now the jury is to consider “mitigating factors,” that is, evidence about Arias’ character and background that may sway them not to impose a death sentence. Womack was to be one such witness.

Whether a defense attorney presents mitigation evidence becomes an issue on appeal, especially at a stage called “post-conviction relief,” which is the first appeal after the case is reviewed by the state Supreme Court and possibly by the U.S. Supreme Court.

That is the first opportunity for a defendant to question whether his or her defense attorney provided effective assistance, and it has recently been the subject of several U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

Nurmi has requested mistrials on several issues during the course of the 4 1/2 month proceeding.

BS
Another motion for mistrial filed yesterday by Kurt Nurmi.
In my opinion the reason for Ms. Womack deciding not to testify for Jodi is NOT because of any death threats from wackos.
I think it has everything to do with cowardice---She's afraid of Juan's cross, as well she should be!
Obviously no 'threats' are stopping Darryl from taking the stand for his fair damsel in distress!
In any case I can't see a mistrial. Judge and lawyers have no control over any weirdos in the public.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one, 18th, I totally agree.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm

seal is up
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 pm

TWEET

martinezliss Ppl waiting to get in mad b/c 2 snuck into bldng as part of those on jury duty, they wanted to secure a seat in the gallery #JodiArias about 1 minute

martinezliss No, not really, not sure why it's not up yet 3 minutes ago

martinezliss Members of the public being aloud in now #JodiArias 8 minutes ago

martinezliss Nurmi and mitigation spiciest in courtroom #JodiArias 8 minutes ago

martinezliss Sitting in the #JodiArias courtroom, just saw and incredible amount of people from the public waiting to get in 10 minutes ago

martinezliss #JodiArias Court Starts at 10:00 this morning....another major twist and turn in this case what will happen with new mistrial motion
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Do we think there will be a delay to hear Nurmi's motion for mistrial?? In chambers meeting. Side Bar. Anything! Stall tactics seem to be about all they have right now.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Mon May 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Let's take bets, what will happen first, attorneys in judges chambers or a sidebar? My money's on judges chambers.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 12:54 pm

sidebar to go to chambers to discuss mistrial motion....
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon May 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Freckles wrote:Kei-

here's a pic from the video of the hands

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 Hands10

anyone have the url for the other to compare?

FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon May 20, 2013 12:58 pm

ANOTHER MISTRIAL MOTION! WTH???
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 1:00 pm

yeah... her child abuse defending witness childhood friend claims she's getting death threats so she's pulling out. KN put in a mistrial for it... can't get a fair trial with out witnesses.... lol i think this is bunk...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 pm

I wonder if this will be another lengthy in chambers discussion ending with the judge saying there will be no court today.
IF there is court today, I am sure it's going to be late again...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 1:02 pm

TWEET

reporterjmiguel #JodiArias mom and father and brother are inside courtroom. 35 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

elizabetherwin #JodiArias dad and brother in court today. 2 minutes ago

elizabetherwin Sitting in court waiting for #jodiarias trial to resume. Will today be the day Arias learns her fate?

AHH! Maybe this is the REAL reason there was the delay in court proceedings... Wanted to get the father, etc., into court?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm

LOL, atty. on HLN calls motion for mistrial "fecal adhesion"---Throw anything and everything against the wall and see what sticks! LOL!

I am sure there will NOT be a mistrial, but it's another very annoying delay in this whole fiasco.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Freckles wrote:WHY did JA kill Travis?

Look at the last email exchanges and incorporate the taped words of Julie Christy (?), the intuitive who said she had met BOTH JA and Travis JUST 14 days BEFORE Travis was murdered. This person said she told Travis there was an ugliness about the persona of JA; she told Travis to "watch his back"; and she told Travis that it would soon be over for she saw angels all about Travis.

IF this is correct: then JA WAS in Mesa @ the 20th of May. WHY?

JA DID state she was in Mesa first of June PRIOR to June 4--- sometime before the 1st and the 4th. Huh?

Travis told JA he was going to expose her; JA had done something to hurt Travis EVEN more than the death of his father (from a motorcycle accident on Travis' 20th birthday).
Travis was going to expose JA to EVERYONE--- in Mesa, PPL, the Freemans, HER parents, etc.

JA did NOT kill Travis because of Cancun.
JA did NOT kill Travis because of Mimi or any jealousy.
JA did NOT kill Travis because of reported child porn.
JA DID kill Travis to shut him up for ever!!!

What did she do that was SO severe SHE did NOT want others to know? Slashing tires and stalking and home invasions had NOT upset Travis so much as this. And JA said SHE was going to hire "her attorney" at this point.

No. Travis was NOT expecting JA to arrive that fateful morning.

So. What was it Travis knew and JA did not, could not let others share it that knowledge? I have two opinions of my own but I would really like to hear what others think...

First. Freckles. Puhleeeeease write a book. I will be the first to buy it.

Gotta put my thinking cap on (it's not Shocked ).

As usual, I agree with 100% of your outlines...And I'm so very grateful for the crisp, orderly nature of them. You get straight to the nougat I crave Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 19983

I did hear the intuitive speak on HLN a couple times, and yeah, she did say it was a few weeks pre-slaughter. That is confusing.

Don't make us wait too long before you spill the beans on what you're thinkin'...Seriously... Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 451488 I want the book version. Please. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 242147

Me thinky it was somethin' along the lines of full-on fraud (as in cash cheddar $$$). Here's the crux imo; I don't think it was about the cash itself. Imoo, Travis Victor Alexander looked for the best in people; it seems as if motivational speaking infused his personal life & relationships...jmoo, but it seems like (remember- don't got my thinkin' cap on just yet, and I'm not a psychologist) his self-esteem might've been linked in to being able to HELP others achieve...jmo folks, but me thinky that was part of his attraction to the beast...she was always lookin' for (the easy way, as many including Abe A have said) 'self-improvement' (that's a joke)...but me thinky to TA, that fed his desire to help. Me thinky that was her HOOK into him- he felt good about himself when helping others. Anyhoo...

You're right Freckles- he didn't react to sooooo many of her HUGE acts of betrayal/stalking...he kept allowing her back into his good graces, and even gave her a friggin' CAR to get the Heck outta the state...I agree the backbone of the clues is the sentence about her betrayal as WORSE than the worst pain he'd ever felt...Back to my musings 'bout self-improvement, I'm thinkin' that reveals his utter frustration at how much he'd bent over backwards to keep helping her...that he had NOT 'just kept sleepin' w/Ho-bag 'cause she's so hot blahblahblah...but that is what SHE used as 'reward' once he'd AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN helped bail her out of situations (too many to list here Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #22 - Page 3 927100 ).

Sorry for my usual stream-of-consciousness rambling with horrid grammar...

Okay. So. My final word on this (ha!): That she threatened to unleash the sex tape (maybe if he didn't marry her or at least get back together)+ stealing $$$ + every single time he'd gone against all advice (& most likely his common sense/intuition) and not only allowed her back & back & back into his life, but put so much of his energy/time/$/wisdom into helping her 'achieve' her 'best self'.

Lemme have it. Suspect
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 pm

A witness can't just "pull out" if there is a sopena. (sp) A court order is a court order. I call BS
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 58s

The courtroom is full. Attorneys are here. No Arias yet. #jodiarias
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

this is the penalty phase, a charactor witness, that's all. Not a big deal except to the Dt that is left with egg on their face since they announced see would confirm JA's childhood stories...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 16s

Wearing a short sleeved white blouse. #JodiArias

Virginal white No
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
Freckles wrote:Look at DB's hands and fingers here @35:00!
Tell me those are not the fingers in the peen pics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5QUH9Dmuo&feature=player_embedded

Wish I had the peen pics to post with this video.

*** @40:35
DB said the Mormon missionaries started "showing up" BEFORE the Las Vegas PPL convention. Sex w/ JA had already been put on hold PRIOR to the LV convention; actually, it was put on hold as soon as DB announced he was moving back to Monterrey to be close to his son (and his ex- wife...) . IMO, JA took sex out of the equation as soon as DB announced he was NOT going to be marrying JA, was moving to be closer to his his son and his ex- ... So it was NOT because of Travis JA ended the sex with DB; it was NOT because of Travis JA had an interest in the Mormon faith; it was NOT because of Travis JA joined PPL.... in the SPRING of 2006! After all, JA met Travis in the FALL of 2006. Missionaries had been coming to the home in the SPRING of 2006; JA joined PPL in SPRING of 2006--- NOT because Travis had encouraged her!!! (JA stopped making payments on the home she and DB bought together when DB moved DESPITE DB continuing to pay his half of the mortgage. She threw it all away so she would be a helpless feline in need of a room and board, readying to move in with the next smuck. )

Wow. The lies are thicker than flies on a cow dung heap.
JA is the orchestra conductor of the lies and Nurma only brings them forth on her behalf!!!

I thought you all knew this. At least a YEAR before she met Travis, Jodi was complaining to her co worker at somewhere she worked that SHE WAS NOT HAPPY IN HER RELATIONSHIP WITH DARRYL. I heard this lady months and months ago say that on NG one night. Can't remember the lady's name, but she is older and worked with JA for quite a time. She had a LOT of VERY INTERESTING tidbits about Jodi!
She also said later, after meeting T., that JA was "absolutely obsessed", but she made it clear that JA's relationship with Darryl was on the skids before T. ever came into the picture.
IMO, both DB and JA have lied about many things re their relationship. I also think DB is deluded.

Bingo beautiful18!!!
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Tweet

BethKaras Arias came into court then went into chambers with her attorneys. Martinez and Flores are still in court. #jodiarias 48 seconds ago

reporterjmiguel #JodiArias and her attorneys have entered the judge's chambers. Juan Maritnez remains seated 2 minutes ago

BethKaras Arias's sister Angela is in court. #jodiarias 3 minutes ago

elizabetherwin Judge, attorneys and #JodiArias going back into chambers. 3 minutes ago

elizabetherwin Wearing a short sleeved white blouse. #JodiArias 3 minutes ago

reporterjmiguel #JodiArias has entered the courtroom. Waiting on judge and jury
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Mon May 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Bmore wrote:this is the penalty phase, a charactor witness, that's all. Not a big deal except to the Dt that is left with egg on their face since they announced see would confirm JA's childhood stories...

AZlawyer @ WS says it would not affect her conviction; simply this part of the trial.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

olivier57 wrote:If she really wants DP, why doesn't she just fire witnesses and lawyers and say it on the stand instead of in front of a camera ?

The judge won't allow it, especially at this point of the trial. It doesn't matter if she says that she wants the death penalty, her lawyers are legally obligated to represent her during the penalty phase.

Nurmi filed a motion to withdraw after the Maricopa County Sheriff Office arranged Jodi's exclusive post conviction interview with FOX 10's without her lawyers' knowledge. The judge denied the motion.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 1:16 pm

TWEET

elizabetherwin They should tell the jurors to come in at 10:30 or 11 so they don't have to sit in the jury room for an extra hour each morning. #JodiArias

roflao roflao roflao
This late in the game and she is just now realizing this?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

This is such hogwash. On and On goes the Jodi Arias Reality Show.

Sleep
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h
A mistrial at this point, however unlikely, would only affect the penalty phase of the trial. The conviction would stand. #arias
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 pm

TWEET

elizabetherwin #JodiArias has the most family in court she's had for the whole trial-mom, dad, brother and sister.

Who is this uninformed reporter?
JA had these same four PLUS the aunt Sue in court when JA was on the stand talking trash!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 20 May
Good morning from the Jodi Arias trial. The attorneys are in chambers. I doubt they'll be out anytime soon.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon May 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Freckles wrote:TWEET

elizabetherwin #JodiArias has the most family in court she's had for the whole trial-mom, dad, brother and sister.

Who is this uninformed reporter?
JA had these same four PLUS the aunt Sue in court when JA was on the stand talking trash!

Yes, who could forget! Back when the sex tape was being played. Right in time for her brothers and her father to hear it along with the rest of the world. LOL
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next