Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theories

+16
Velocity
Armymom
*KJ*
soulpatch
Elphie
msollicito
jigsaw
khintx
sitemama
johnabelle
Justice4all
Calypso
Snaz
Maat
Piper
purpleprincess
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Theories Empty Theories

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 am

My theory
=========
1. Kyron's disappearance was planned well in advance, with more than 3 people involved.
Evidence: Terri read "Enter a Murderer" by Ngaio Marsh, about a meticulously well planned murder
She gave it lots of stars!!
See http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/rdsqrl/available
So you can follow better, I have mapped out the journey I think Terri made that day in two parts.
1) http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907d932bdc99fd16d&t=h&z=11&iwloc=0004907d9330dd30a7bbf
2) http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907dbb926f09e6655&ll=45.583677,-122.901933&spn=0.104041,0.307274&t=h&z=12

2. Terri's mission on the day of the disappearance was to create as much confusion about all
events that day as possible.
Evidence: Confusion about doctors appointment. Terri drove the White Pickup instead of her usual car
(the Mustang) to the school. Many other confusing aspects (read on for details)
3. Terri chose Dede as her accomplice to add to the confusion.
Evidence: Dede has red hair so when Dede was driving the White Pickup truck, everyone would think it
was Terri

[Note that I believe that Terri picked
up Dede before arriving at the school in the morning although it is possible she picked her up after
leaving the school at 8:45am (as I don't know where on the journey the pickup was, and I dont know where
she was picked up - could have been from home or from her place of work - I have just added
NW Germantown Rd to the end of the map, and it is not actually part of the driving directions. I assume
that Terri dropped off Dede on the way home from the gym at around 1pm too, but I do not know that so I again
have simply added the location to the map but not put it into the driving directions)]

4. Terri arrived at the school at around 8:15am and left at around 8:45am. Meanwhile, Dede turned up for work and left her car in a clearly seen place so everyone thought she was working somewhere out in the fields near work (of course, in reality, Terri picks up Dede at some point in time before 9am)
Evidence: Terri states these times, and a number of witnesses saw Terri at the Science Fair. Photos
Terri took at the Science Fair confirm she was there with Kyron during this time. Dede's car was seen
parked at the farm all morning until 1pm (not sure what time Dede's car arrived in the morning - if anyone knows exact time please tell me - this is why Dede claims she was at work all morning and never left the property - it is such a big property noone would know she left)
5. Terri (accomplice now in the White Pickup truck too) left the school at sometime after 8:45am
(before 9am) in the White Pickup truck WITHOUT Kyron** (note that my original theory was that Kyron WAS in the truck at this point but now I am moving away from that).
Evidence: Tanner Pumala and other boys saw Kyron at the Science Fair AFTER 8:45am without Terri. Witnesses saw Terri leave at around 8:45am (plus it takes 12-15 mins to drive to Freddies)
6. Terri (accomplice still in the white pickup truck) drove to Freddies 1 (Hillsboro Sunset see Map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907d932bdc99fd16d&t=h&z=11&iwloc=0004907d9330dd30a7bbf)
in the White Pickup arriving at around 9:08am and checking out at around 9:12am
Evidence: Receipt plus I understand security camera footage
7. Terri drove to Intel and got into the Red Mustang from Intel Jones Farm at 9:22am approx (see map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907d932bdc99fd16d&t=h&z=11&iwloc=0004907d9330dd30a7bbf)
Evidence: No security camera footage that day of Intel car park. Mustang was later seen at 11am on Sauvie Island and Terri was driving. Tag was reported to cops as RDSQRL.
8. **Originally, I thought that Terri took Kyron with her at 8:45am when she left the school, and dropped
him off at Hillsboro airport to accomplice number 3 at this point (around 9:30am). I am now unsure about this, as I believe Kyron was still at the school at this point and was seen by other kids there - there is supposedly video camera evidence now that Kyron was still at the school at this point, so I am thinking now that this is not the case, though it is still a possibility.
9. **I now believe that the Accomplice (Dede?), now drives the white pickup truck back to the school, with Terri's cellphone in the white pickup truck (which is why cops were so confused about Terri's whereabouts early on in the investigation - her cellphone pings suggested she was in the white pickup but actually she was in the mustang) arriving at around 9:30/9:40 ish and parks in Skyline School car park in a position visible from the Gym windows. People in the Gym assume it is Terri in the car as she has red hair and is in the White Pickup truck. Kyron gets into the white
pickup truck. I also believe that it is the accomplice (Dede?) who is seen in the white pickup truck near Logie Trail rd on Hwy 30 by "Chas" (he reports seeing a redhead in a white pickup truck at 9:45am approx).
Evidence: Number of witnesses say they saw Kyron leave with Terri but it appears none saw it was Terri up close - they all saw Kyron get into Kaine's white pickup truck and saw a redhead in the truck and assumed it was Terri. It could not be Terri as by this time she was nearly at Freddies 2.
Chas sighting see http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?s=160734f986fd10b5d1e1db7e03307bed&p=5514950#post5514950

10. Terri arrives at Freddies 2 (SW Walker Rd) driving the red mustang at some time between 9:30am and 9:45am. She is there til around 10:10am.
Evidence: Terri is seen by Andrea, who works at Xtreme Fitness and knows Terri fairly well. Andrea believes she saw Terri at around 9:45 - 9:55am. Note that Andrea also states that when she saw Terri,
Kiara is in her arms at this point and she shows Andrea photos of Kyrons science project, making a big point of that so that Andrea doesnt forget! Also, Terri states she left Freddies 2 at around 10:10am. I believe Terri intentionally went to Freddies 2 because she knows a lot of people there - including Sherri who works there and lots of Xtreme Fitness attendees go to that Freddies.. She wanted to be sure she was seen to be there.
11. 10:10am til 11:10am ish, Terri drove the Mustang up the backroads to Sauvie Island and drove fast and recklessly to ensure that she would be spotted.
Evidence: a number of residents of Sauvie Island saw the Mustang speeding around and reported it to cops - including tags (RDSQRL) just as Terri hoped they would.
Reports of the Red Mustang being on Sauvie Island that day (posted June 26th)
http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=490
(posted June 23rd)
http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46&p=381#p381
http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46&p=383#p383

12. 11:20-30am ish
Terri drove back to the gym Xtreme Fitness and checked in (I believe she left Kiara in the daycare there)
Evidence: Terri claims this, witnesses at the gym saw her check in
13. 11:30am ish Terri calls Dede and tells her to meet her at Intel so they can take back the Mustang again.
Evidence: Dede abruptly left her work place and is not contactable until around 1pm.

14. They take the Mustang back at around 11:45 and then at around 12 noon, Terri returns to the gym. At this point, Dede may wait in the white pickup in the car park for Terri to finish I believe. After finishing her "workout" I believe that Terri drives Dede back to her place of work before going home to the Horman house.

**Note that my original theory was based on the idea that Terri took Kyron with her at 8:45am from the school and dropped him off at Hillsboro airport shortly afterward. I had assumed that after Dede dropped Terri off at Intel to get the Mustang, Dede hid the white pickup truck somewhere (maybe even at the Horman house) and just went to work.. Now it seems that actually maybe Kyron left the school with Dede, and that all of Terri's antics were simply to create a diversion and lots of confusion.

SPECULATION..
So all we know about what the accomplice (Dede?) did was that she was on Hwy 30 somewhere North of Nw Logie Trail Rd at 9:45am. So why would she be out there? It is not on the way home from Intel to the school, nor to her workplace nor to her home. My guess is that she either dropped Kyron off at a houseboat further up Highway 30 or she dropped him off at the airport in Scappoose.
See what I think Dede's map of that day may look like here
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004911a30a1849e9bb7d&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&ll=45.661087,-122.883453&spn=0.415588,1.229095&t=h&z=10
It seems LE doesnt agree with me though - they seem to think that Dede went to Troutdale airport - but
that wouldnt explain why she was seen on Highway 30 north of Logie Trail Rd???

SPECULATION
=========
For many reasons, I believe that Terri could not have done this without at least two accomplices' help - someone to take Kyron from the school or to drive the white pickup truck at least - PLUS someone to then take Kyron (either at Hillsboro Airport or somewhere up Highway 30 -Scappoose Airport or at a houseboat up that way - or if LE is right maybe at Troutdale Airport).
Because any of those scenarios probably relies on others being involved too (i.e. the pilot of a private plane to take Kyron from either of the airports or else someone else to send Kyron to after the houseboat) I believe this whole thing is part of a much larger organization. Lake Oswego country club keeps coming up in my research and so I believe that maybe all those involved met via that location possibly. I have various theories about the larger organization - it may be the Freemasons, it may be an underground organization that helps get abused children away to "safety" (see theory below), it may be a Mexican drug cartel (maybe the Villareal family is linked to the drug king pin Villareal recently arrested).

Someone else has a similar theory to me

diane145579 said on August 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM

MY THEORY IS THAT TERRY GOT INVOLVED WITH A ORGANIZATION WHO HELP YOU WHEN YOUR BEING ABUSED OR THE CHILDREN(UNDERGROUND) I BELIEVE THAT TERRY HAD TOLD SOMEONE THAT HER HUSBAND WAS ABUSIVE OR THAT KYRON WAS BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED AND THEY GOT HER IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMEONE IN THIS ORGANIZATION AND THEY PUT KYRON IN HIDING, OR AS THEY SAY UNDERGROUND... TERRY HAS BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR YEARS AND SHE FINALLY FOUND A WAY OUT WITHOUT GIVING UP KYRON(SO SHE THINKS) MY THEORY SOUNDS FUNNY BUT IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE INFO IT WILL MAKE SENSE. LIKE THE MONEY ISSUE, THE ORGANIZATIONS THAT HELP THESE WOMEN AND CHILDREN HAVE MONEY FOR THIS PURPOSE AND THE ORGANIZATIONS DON'T HAVE TRUST IN LAW ENFORCEMENT SO THEY TELL THESE WOMAN NOT TO TALK.I REALLY THINK THIS THEORY IS POINT ON. I THOUGHT THIS THEORY WHEN THE BOY CAME UP MISSING AND EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IS COMING TRUE.. I TOLD MY MOM NEXT THEY WILL BUY PRE PAID CELL PHONES IN SOMEONE ELSE IS NAME... WEIRD

http://www.kgw.com/news/Who-is-DeDe-Spicher-99118324.html
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Theories Empty Re: Theories

Post by Piper Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 am

Hi purpleprincess, love your avatar!

Your post is impressive and well thought out!

Quote:
"Evidence: No security camera footage that day of Intel car park. Mustang was later seen at 11am on Sauvie Island and Terri was driving. Tag was reported to cops as RDSQRL."

Was her tag reported being seen that day?

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Sadly, these stories change depending on who thinks they can get the most mileage out of reporting what they 'saw' that day. Some people are creating 'reports' in an effort to help solve the crime. They change over time to add a little fact here, or make a blue car turn red, or to suddenly 'remember' the tag number. It makes all these late reports worthless.

We need to read the initial reports ONLY when trying to determine what was really happening. Back when people thought it was a stranger abduction. Why? Because then people were reporting what they really saw in an effort to find this child. Now, they are reporting what they think happened in order to convict Terri.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm

~ Snipped from Maat's comment and BBM ~
Back when people thought it was a stranger abduction. Why? Because then people were reporting what they really saw in an effort to find this child. Now, they are reporting what they think happened in order to convict Terri.
I agree with you completely, Maat!!!!
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Piper wrote:Hi purpleprincess, love your avatar!

Your post is impressive and well thought out!

Quote:
"Evidence: No security camera footage that day of Intel car park. Mustang was later seen at 11am on Sauvie Island and Terri was driving. Tag was reported to cops as RDSQRL."

Was her tag reported being seen that day?

I was told by someone who lives on Sauvie Island that her neighbor was the one who reported the mustang, and the tag as RDSQRL. Shortly after that they were told they shouldnt have released that info
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Maat wrote:Sadly, these stories change depending on who thinks they can get the most mileage out of reporting what they 'saw' that day. Some people are creating 'reports' in an effort to help solve the crime. They change over time to add a little fact here, or make a blue car turn red, or to suddenly 'remember' the tag number. It makes all these late reports worthless.

We need to read the initial reports ONLY when trying to determine what was really happening. Back when people thought it was a stranger abduction. Why? Because then people were reporting what they really saw in an effort to find this child. Now, they are reporting what they think happened in order to convict Terri.

I agree totally, which is why the Sauvie Island sightings are so key - the mustang and the tag number was reported on June 4th at around 11am - before anyone realized Kyron was missing
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm

I never saw a tag being reported then. Only the car description. And the second vehicle reported was originally blue, wasn't it?
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:35 pm

In this post amareign confirms that tag numbers were given to cops

someone who shouldnt have released the info confirmed the tag was RDSQRL
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey PurplePrincess~

Good job putting your theory together.

Very interesting read.

I'm still working out details on my own theory.

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Calypso wrote:Hey PurplePrincess~

Good job putting your theory together.

Very interesting read.

I'm still working out details on my own theory.

Funny Calypso - I bet your theory is very different to mine eh?? ;-)
I would love to read it though..

I know there is a lot of support out there nowadays for the theory that Terri had nothing at all to do with this.. I hope everyone will allow me to continue to believe that Terri is involved, though I recognize all your reasons for thinking its not so.. the cops saying "some things we suspected we no longer suspect" could mean that I guess .. and it is rather suspicious that we havent heard anything from Desiree and Kaine lately - have we? Or did I miss it?
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Welcome purpleprincess. Many people here discussing Kyron's case were ran off from other sites because they didn't think Terri was involved. I think any good discussions should involve opinions from both sides, so I expect you will be treated respectfully even if you don't agree with the majority.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:43 pm

purpleprincess wrote:In this post amareign confirms that tag numbers were given to cops

someone who shouldnt have released the info confirmed the tag was RDSQRL

Thanks for the link. Very interesting... Cool
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 pm

From early on a witness stated that they saw a red mustang with the license plate: RDSQRL The original story did not give a description of the driver of the car. It was supposedly being chased or followed by two people in a white truck, the driver of it was a male. Now that everyone is trying to convict Terri of the crime, the story has changed to state that she was driving the car. I don't believe that. Kaine had the car that day. Even if the camera's at Intel were not working that was information that Intel employee's would know, not everyone else. IMO it would have been just as likely, if not more so, for Kaine to have taken Kyron as it was for Terri. Who knows what Kaine really told Kyron that morning when he was talking to him. By Kaine's account Kyron wasn't upset that he wasn't coming to the science fair, so for all anyone knows he could have told Kyron, I'll be there later, but don't tell anyone, meet me at a location ? ? ? But that's speculation as is most of the information being spread around about Terri. Fact is Kaine varied his routine that morning from usual and Kaine had the red mustang. I don't believe Terri snuck up to Intel and took the car and then snuck it back up there without Kaine's knowledge, so if that car was in fact spotted on Sauvie Island it might be time for people to realize that Kaine wasn't where he said he was that morning. Terri had the truck so that she could pick up Kyron's project from school, but she didn't and I suspect that after she called or emailed the school she was told to wait. There are witnesses who saw Kyron after Terri LEFT the school. There are also witness friends of Kaine's who say they saw Terri at one location when receipts and camera's clearly show she was somewhere else. And I don't believe that Terri got all those people to help her carry out her plans. I think there is some major criminal activity going on in Portland and those people involved in that activity are deliberatly keeping attention focused away from it by pointing a finger of suspicion at Terri and her friends. If Terri was involved in that activity she would be very popular, but she's not popular, so I don't believe she is involved. The only thing I believe might be possible is that she does love Kaine, but knows what he involved in and is not talking to protect him, or maybe she was threatened. Her actions or lack of them could be because of fear. People who know her said she was a very loving, but strict mother to Kyron and Kiara, so why isn't she fighting for visitation or custody. It's very likely she feels that if she would distance herself from her, then she will be safe, and she may feel that she can't protect her. She may also feel emotionally overwhelmed by all this and feel that she can not adequately care for the child at this time, so she leaves her where she knows she will be looked after. There are lots of reasons people react the way the do and no 2 people react exactly the same in any given situation, no matter how similar their situations may be. So if people are going to point out odd or unusual behavior or comments where Terri is concerned, they need to do the same with Kaine, who in my opinion has just as many inconsistancies in his story as Terri.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm

johnabelle wrote:From early on a witness stated that they saw a red mustang with the license plate: RDSQRL The original story did not give a description of the driver of the car. It was supposedly being chased or followed by two people in a white truck, the driver of it was a male. Now that everyone is trying to convict Terri of the crime, the story has changed to state that she was driving the car. I don't believe that. Kaine had the car that day. Even if the camera's at Intel were not working that was information that Intel employee's would know, not everyone else. IMO it would have been just as likely, if not more so, for Kaine to have taken Kyron as it was for Terri. Who knows what Kaine really told Kyron that morning when he was talking to him. By Kaine's account Kyron wasn't upset that he wasn't coming to the science fair, so for all anyone knows he could have told Kyron, I'll be there later, but don't tell anyone, meet me at a location ? ? ? But that's speculation as is most of the information being spread around about Terri. Fact is Kaine varied his routine that morning from usual and Kaine had the red mustang. I don't believe Terri snuck up to Intel and took the car and then snuck it back up there without Kaine's knowledge, so if that car was in fact spotted on Sauvie Island it might be time for people to realize that Kaine wasn't where he said he was that morning. Terri had the truck so that she could pick up Kyron's project from school, but she didn't and I suspect that after she called or emailed the school she was told to wait. There are witnesses who saw Kyron after Terri LEFT the school. There are also witness friends of Kaine's who say they saw Terri at one location when receipts and camera's clearly show she was somewhere else. And I don't believe that Terri got all those people to help her carry out her plans. I think there is some major criminal activity going on in Portland and those people involved in that activity are deliberatly keeping attention focused away from it by pointing a finger of suspicion at Terri and her friends. If Terri was involved in that activity she would be very popular, but she's not popular, so I don't believe she is involved. The only thing I believe might be possible is that she does love Kaine, but knows what he involved in and is not talking to protect him, or maybe she was threatened. Her actions or lack of them could be because of fear. People who know her said she was a very loving, but strict mother to Kyron and Kiara, so why isn't she fighting for visitation or custody. It's very likely she feels that if she would distance herself from her, then she will be safe, and she may feel that she can't protect her. She may also feel emotionally overwhelmed by all this and feel that she can not adequately care for the child at this time, so she leaves her where she knows she will be looked after. There are lots of reasons people react the way the do and no 2 people react exactly the same in any given situation, no matter how similar their situations may be. So if people are going to point out odd or unusual behavior or comments where Terri is concerned, they need to do the same with Kaine, who in my opinion has just as many inconsistancies in his story as Terri.

Johnabelle, with respect, I think you are confused about the timing of these reports of the red mustang on Sauvie Island.. these reports of Terri driving the Mustang were reported on June 4th at 11am - before anyone knew Kyron was even missing..

It is clear the cops felt it was worth following up as they went to meet with Amareign and others who saw the red mustang that day and searched all around there.. see these snippets.. they took their reports very seriously partly, I believe, because the tag number was reported before Kyron was known to have disappeared..

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author_id=96
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm aware of what time it was reported. In the original story, it was only stated it was a red mustang with tag RDSQRL, possibly driven by a male, but whoever first told the story wasn't sure. Terri did not have the car that morning. The white truck with a male driver and a passenger with red hair, also came into the story after Kyron was reported missing. and If you read other threads, you'd be surprised how many people will invent any scenario except to think that Kaine had that car that morning.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm

purpleprincess, do you have ANYTHING where it was confirmed by law enforcement, not from someone swearing it is true on a message board, that ANY of that is true? Where is the official report showing this car was proven to have been driven there by Terri? I am thinking it was not truly reported by the tag number until well after that time and date. Yes, a car was reported, but the rest was added later.

If you do have proof of the other, I would love to read it. I think it might make a lot more people begin to wonder about the information out there.

Nothing has been officially confirmed. Not even Kaine's reported time line. I think it leaves the door open for a lot of possibilities. I hate chasing rumors that can't be backed up.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Theories Empty Did Kaine do it?

Post by purpleprincess Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Johnabelle..

I really want to believe it is Kaine, honest I do.. I look at photos Terri had on her facebook page showing how loving she was as a stepmother - she was at all Kyron's events, she was involved in all his projects.. she took photos of him on the soccer field.. I really believe she loved Kyron..

I agree that Kaine had the car that morning at 8am ish.. and therefore the logical assumption would be that when the car was seen on Sauvie Island it would be Kaine in the car.. I even agree something about Kaine makes me feel uncomfortable - esp the initial press conference - I felt like he knew something but I wish I knew what.

However there are reasons I do not think your theory works.

I posted a link earlier that said according to "reliable sources" Kaine had passed his lie detector test.
Kaine worked at Intel which, though it has surprisingly lax security in its car parks (probably not concerned about who is driving which car) it apparently has great security INSIDE the building to protect its assets - computers, software, people.. which I believe, will mean that even if Kaine wasn't in meetings with many people that morning (and I know there is a report that he was in a long meeting that morning with many of his colleagues - I just cannot find the link), they would have logs of when he logged in and out of his computer, probably logs on which files he moved or changed (he is a programmer and Intel are obsessive about source code controls etc.), and most likely he would have had to use a smart card to access the room in which he worked or the floor on which he worked by elevator (at the very least he would have had to go past a receptionist to get in and out). Most Intel employees work in a "cube" which is easily accessible by other members of staff and people would have noticed if he was absent I believe. I think we would have heard he was missing if he had been.

However, it is interesting to note how many cars in the parking lot look like red mustangs or similar!! ;-)

In the images below you can see that there is only one security camera at the top of the building seemingly watching for people entering and leaving the building only - not looking in the car park area.. the car park is really accessible to outsiders it seems to me..

NOTE originally I posted the photos of the Jones campus in here and they were so big the page was taking a long time to download (sorry guys). To see the originals, go here and click on the photo you are interested in
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/sites/oregon/jones_farm_photos.htm

For some reason, tonight I cannot load up the smaller gifs - will try to do so in the moringn

You can see the cubes that Intel employees work in here
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2008/03/03/photos-from-intels-new-jf1-offices-future-home-of-isn-oregon/

Note "The cube walls are lower, to "facilitate collaboration", but there are a lot of glass-walled conference rooms, for either 4 people or 1 person when privacy and confidentiality are needed" - so if he was in a cube, people would have known whether or not he was there, and if he was in a conference room people could see in - it seems its pretty hard to be at Intel (or not at Intel) and not be noticed..

PS If you read my theory, I believe there is a reason for the conflicting reports about whether or not Kyron left with Terri. I think Terri left the school WITHOUT Kyron, but I believe that later, a redhead in a white pickup truck let Kyron into the truck and people saw that - and that is why people I have spoken to say that it is common knowledge at the school that Kyron left with Terri - I think they thought it was Terri but I believe it was another redhead in the white pickup (I suspect Dede, but dont know).

Last edited by purpleprincess on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I put in the original picture and it was huge so it made this page slow to load. Trying to instead put in the smaller copy jpg)
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 pm

All of those things are based upon postings on message boards and not from real facts. That is the big problem with this case. They do not want to release any facts. By doing so, the public is running wild with the stories and created facts by piecing together what they think may have possibly be the way it all went down. Not one iota of evidence has been discussed.

We have never had LE state the others passed and Terri failed the polygraphs. We have "reliable sources" who have no names or titles, so that could be the barber whose 2nd cousin from his ex-wife's sister's husband's cousin's friend said it to someone. Not a fact.

I have yet to hear anyone state that Kaine has proven his timeline, other than Kaine, that is. I have yet to hear anyone actually saw Terri with Kyron or anywhere she wasn't supposed to be. I have heard people have heard that someone else heard it from someone and told someone they knew who told them. No truth is coming out.

Even the alleged murder for hire plot was a rumor with no evidence to back it up. It was someone who told someone something. Interestingly, this is the supposedly the same someone who Terri called the police on months before Kyron disappeared. But, I guess that wouldn't give him any reason to make up a story to get her in trouble. I mean, he was ticked at her and told someone this really bad story about her to show how bad she was, and dagnabit, someone called the police about it. Then he had to stick with it to keep face. But then that blew up in his face when Terri called the police again on him.

I still think a stranger abduction makes the most logical sense. So many strangers had the run of the school on the day this happened. And it had bee out there for all to see for weeks, so it could have been planned easily. All they had to do was go into the school and look for a chance to get a child to leave with them. Kyron wasn't necessarily the victim they had in mind, just the easiest one to get.

The police blew this case from day one. And they are allowing people to think it is Terri to avoid the obvious freaking out and sheer panic from the public if they thought a stranger walked into the school and left with a child.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Maat, you just said exactly what I have been thinking all along in this case. Thank you for putting it all together so well.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

It is not unusual for innocent people to fail a polygraph test. I'll post a link later. And a story of a mother falsely accused of killing her child after she too failed a lie detector test. It turned out to be a stranger abduction.
Now I'm not good at remembering Terri's exact timeline, but best I can remember: She leaves Skyline at 8:45 am. That was confirmed. Tanner who is now being accused on another site, of bullying Kyron and of helping lure Kyron out of the school saw Kyron at 9:00 am. after Terri left the school. Another student saw him Kyron around 10:30 or 11:00, after Mrs Porter says she marked him absent. Kyron's friend and other students were not aware of Kyron having a doctors appointment until one of his friends asked his teacher during lunch where was Kyron? (news article has since been removed) and she said, "He left with his mom, because he had a doctors appointment." I believe the doctors appointment was made up by the teacher to cover the school from a law suit. Kaine knew about the Dr. Appt. but he couldn't remember when it was supposed to be. I can't remember his exact words. The teacher had earlier stated when the substitute teacher missed Kyron, "Just calm down he probably went to the bathroom." Now if she knew he wasn't at school why wouldn't she have just stated that? Some are now saying there was no sub and that's why Tanners story was not taken seriously by LE, but that was confirmed early on that there was a substitute or maybe she's a chaprone, but to a child they could be seen as the same. Where was Kyron's teacher, Ms Porter, and what was she doing that she needed a substitute to watch her class?

Terri is now on her way to the first FM and is seen leaving at 9:15 am then she goes to the other one. She also drives Kiara around for about 1-1/2 hours. I believe that time includes the trip to these stores and maybe down a few back roads, and Kiara being fussy and her already being in the vehicle she decided to go ahead and go pick up her medicine before going back home. Riding around makes Kiara feel better so Terri decides to go to the gym for a while. This time is the time frame that makes so many suspect Terri, but I don't see that she has time to make it to Sauvie Island. She wouldn't have had time to go to Intel and get the car before going to FM. Is there a car seat in the car and the truck? It takes a few minutes to strap a child in one of these. If you have to take the car seat from one vehicle and put it in another . . . And where was Kyron if she did go there first? If she goes to FM first then she has to go back to Intel and I don't really know the distance of any of these locations from each other. She still has to put Kiara in another vehicle which takes time. So if she is responsible, what is she doing with Kyron all this time? Of course that's when people got the idea that she must have passed him off to someone else. Her friend Dede. The first story says she left the farm at around 11:30 am, now some are saying she didn't even show up for work. Now Terri was seen at the second FM around 10:30 am. If what people are saying is true she had to leave there go to Intel, trade vehicles and then drive to Sauvie Island, take the car back to Intel, and then be back at the gym by 11:30 am until around 12:30 pm. Now, IMO she has left the gym, she goes home, takes Kiara from the car seat, gives Kiara her medicine and gets her settled, probably takes a shower, sits down at the computer and that's where she is when Kaine arrives home, EARLY, so he can go with Terri to the bus stop to meet Kyron when he gets home. . . If people want to convince me Terri had something to do with Kyron's disappearance, then at least show me a logical explanation and stop distorting the stories or facts that have already been proven, what few there are. LE says they do not regard her as a suspect or a person of interest, and have said this from very early on in the investigation. Kaine and Desiree are the ones who are saying she has something to do with Kyron's disappearance. And now law enforcement are now looking at other things, which I think have to do with drugs and child trafficking. There are 13 registered sex offenders in Portland and 11 missing children in the Portland area. Why was everyone so quick to accuse Terri without a shred of evidence, in light of those facts? And I didn't and still don'tt believe the Murder-for- Hire Plot.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank you Johnabelle for your above post, and I agree totally with you.

Welcome to RC and hope you like it here as much as the rest of us do. Can't wait to see your posts on the other topics here as well as this one.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:53 pm

JohnaBelle~

I have to correct you:

Multnomah County supervises approximately 900 sexual offenders of which approximately 200 have been identified as predatory.

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/dcj/acjsoffendersup.shtml

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:54 am

Thank you sitemama and Calypso I stand corrected.

Here is the link to the story of 11 boys who were taken in close proximity to Kyron Homan.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5763422/kyron_horman_who_is_the_groundskeeper_pg6.html?cat=34

The article I had posted on another site about lie detector test is no available so I'll check later to see if I can find another article.

Similarities in the case of Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton, a mother accused of murdering her child, and Terri Horman.

http://www.lindychamberlain.com/content/story/why

Here is the story I mentioned: 8-year-old Victoria Stafford's mother was publicly convicted of Victoria's disappearance while on her way home from school, just like Terri Horman is of Kyron's. Both of Victoria's parents failed polygraphs and had their dirty laundry and past drug addictions aired in the media and online. Her killers were finally caught . . . and guess what . . . It wasn't her mom! Imagine that . . . A stranger abduction.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/local/article/10815--the-tori-stafford-case-twists-turns-tears-and-an-arrest

You can also find Victoria Stafford's story on Youtube.

The Step-Mother Murder--The case of 10-year-old Donald "Scotty" Baker who was lured from a school by his step-mother, 38-year-old, Susanne Baker, and murdered by her friend, Spitser in 1992, can be found at the following link.

http://thetimestribune.com/local/x1065242838/Child-killer-helper-released

Baker was released from Kentucky Corrections Institution after serving 15 years
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:14 am

The idea of Kaine having passed a lie detector test is not based upon postings on the internet.. it is based upon
a journalistic report from a reputable media outlet.

Here is my earlier posting about this..

Kaine, Desiree and Tony all passed their lie detector tests according to a "reliable source"
http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyrons-parents-provide-more-investigation-details-97831899.html

I would hope that KGW knows the difference between a reliable source and a friend of a friend of the barber or whatever??
We have to be able to depend on media outlets for stuff like that I think, otherwise we
cannot believe anything happened! Also, a reliable source would not be Kaine or Desiree - a reliable source
in this case would be LE I believe.

I agree that there are all kinds of reasons to be suspect about the murder for hire plot.. I have various
suspicions about that.

I also am very aware that it is very very possible for innocent people to fail a polygraph - I know that to
have been the case previously - so I am not putting much stake at all in the fact that Terri may have failed.

However, I have never heard of someone passing a polygraph and later to have been found to have lied. Has
anyone here? I think that is why polygraphs are useful tools for investigators - to eliminate anyone who is
telling the truth, so they know where to turn their attention away from and towards. This is why it is so
significant to me if Kaine passed his poly.

If you read through my theory at the top of this thread, you will find that I believe Tanner - I believe that
Kyron was still at the school after Terri left. I believe the accomplice (Dede?) took Kyron AFTER Terri had left
- in fact at around the time when Terri can prove she was elsewhere - at Freddies 1.

I am not sure about the teacher and the substitute conversation.. I believe there was no substitute at school
that day.. although a parent who was acting as a chaperone could have been mistaken for a substitute.. I think
there was a lot of confusion that day about whether or not Terri was taking Kyron to the doctors, partially
created by Terri.. but I think the school definitely has some explaining to do.. However, I certainly dont
think the teacher or the substitute took Kyron - is that what you are insinuating? A teacher that was there
all day somehow kidnapped Kyron? Or maybe the substitute did it? Is that what you think happened? If so, I dont
see or hear any evidence to back either of these scenarios up? Does anyone?

If you read carefully through my timeline and look at the maps I carefully mapped out for you you will see that
Terri DID have time to get to Sauvie Island. I tried to be very explicit about it actually. I detailed the timeline
on the maps. I took a lot of time to create these maps and timelines. Please at least take the time to look at them
1) http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907d932bdc99fd16d&t=h&z=11&iwloc=0004907d9330dd30a7bbf
2) http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109872711745862717538.0004907dbb926f09e6655&ll=45.583677,-122.901933&spn=0.104041,0.307274&t=h&z=12

purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:15 am

purpleprincess, do you have ANYTHING where it was confirmed by law enforcement, not from someone
swearing it is true on a message board, that ANY of that is true? Where is the official report showing this
car was proven to have been driven there by Terri? I am thinking it was not truly reported by the tag number until well after that time and date. Yes,
a car was reported, but the rest was added later.

All I have is what is listed above on the forums, plus a person who lived on Sauvie Island told me that the
tag number was reported as RDSQRL and then later said they were very worried that they had passed on that info
because the cops told them to keep that quiet. Postings stating that the tag number had been reported as RDSQRL
and that the woman driving had been identified as Terri were later deleted from the forum because of this.

Also, I have the following snippets that show that the Sherriff was interested enough in the reports that he
followed up on the lead repeated times..

http://missingpersons.phpbb3now.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author_id=96

purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 am

johnabelle wrote:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5763422/kyron_horman_who_is_the_groundskeeper_pg6.html?cat=34

It is funny, cos I was the one who really kept shouting about Dave Stensen and Scared monkeys didnt like it and threw me out of the forum.. I even commented on the article you link to above - because I believed Dave Stensen looks a lot like that sketch of the Beaverton boy who was sexually assaulted in a park that Dave Stensen works at.. but I got hounded out of Scared monkeys for that opinion.. everyone on there said that Linda is a crackpot basically..

I still am open to the idea that Dave Stensen may be involved in some way..
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 am

I also want to point out that I suspect that Terri does love Kyron, and her motives were "good ones" rather than "bad ones" in that I think she probably either wanted to protect Kyron or maybe she was scared of losing Kyron if her and Kaine divorced..
I just think it all got out of hand..
I don't think Terri would murder Kyron.. which gives me great hope he is still alive..
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm

It would make a lot more sense. It would actually be easier for me to believe the groundskeeper was involved in Kyron's disappearance, instead of Terri, and I wouldn't believe she helped him in any way. The GK changed his story and I read some where that him being there that day was a change from his usual schedule. Someone said it had rained, so the ground would have been wet. He saw the children and commented that they weren't supervised. And he was there at around the time that Kyron would have went missing.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Where is Kyron? All these sideshows and no Kyron! All this public posturing and no Kyron!

All the accusations and no Kyron!

All of these rotten little secrets and no Kyron? All of these attorneys with big fat checks in their pockets! But where is Kyron?
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 am

Purpleprincess. TY for posting your theory. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it and the links and the maps, etc.

There's been talk of a red mustang and a white truck driving recklessly on Sauvie Island the morning of June 4. Do you have any knowledge if the red mustang was chasing the white truck or if the white truck was chasing the red mustang? TIA
jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Witnesses who live on Sauvie Island said the white truck driven by a male was chasing a red mustang with tag RDSQRL. This was around 11:00 am before Kyron went missing. Kaine had the car that morning, but by the time anyone posted this story--witnesses said the car was being driven by a woman with red hair. I would believe that only if LE received that information before Kyron was reported missing. Later reports also state a red haired woman was a passenger in the white truck. Terri can't be in both vehicles, but then I suppose that's how Dede became a suspect, because of her red hair.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 pm

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
~ Sherlock Holmes ~
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by msollicito Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:31 pm

jigsaw wrote:Purpleprincess. TY for posting your theory. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it and the links and the maps, etc.

There's been talk of a red mustang and a white truck driving recklessly on Sauvie Island the morning of June 4. Do you have any knowledge if the red mustang was chasing the white truck or if the white truck was chasing the red mustang? TIA

I have asked around and this is the best I can get on that..
"We know for a fact that Kyron's step mom was on Sauvie Island. Not only the cell phone, but eye witness reports that she was out here driving very fast and crazy. There was also another vehicle with her. He drove off the road, due to the speed they were both driving. This was reported to the tip line from people who live on the island and seen this take place. It was the morning that Kyron went missing. "

So there was another vehicle with the stepmom and it appears the other vehicle had a man driving.

My source says she believes there may have been a passenger in the second vehicle but she is not prepared to say that definitively.

msollicito

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:08 am

msollicito wrote:
jigsaw wrote:Purpleprincess. TY for posting your theory. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it and the links and the maps, etc.

I have asked around and this is the best I can get on that..
"We know for a fact that Kyron's step mom was on Sauvie Island. Not only the cell phone, but eye witness reports that she was out here driving very fast and crazy. There was also another vehicle with her. He drove off the road, due to the speed they were both driving. This was reported to the tip line from people who live on the island and seen this take place. It was the morning that Kyron went missing. "

So there was another vehicle with the stepmom and it appears the other vehicle had a man driving.

My source says she believes there may have been a passenger in the second vehicle but she is not prepared to say that definitively.

Thanks for checking it out.

jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978586762

This article claims that (Terri) " and her friend DeDe Spicher were seen the day Kyron disappeared, riding in Terri Horman's pickup truck. "

has this been confirmed now then?
If so, my theory looks more and more likely to me
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:54 pm

purpleprincess wrote:http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978586762

This article claims that (Terri) " and her friend DeDe Spicher were seen the day Kyron disappeared, riding in Terri Horman's pickup truck. "

IMO, I feel comfortable in saying it has not been confirmed. Had this been confirmed, it would be major news and you would be hearing over and over on the news outlets and it would be all over the internet.

jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm

purpleprincess wrote:http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978586762

Hello all ... I joined a few days ago and this is my first post. I hope I'm pushing all the correct buttons. :)

I live in that area, so I've been following this case closely from day one. It hard not to feel somewhat involved, even though I don't know the family or anyone connected to them. As far as DeDe and Terri being together on June 4th, I seriously don't believe it's been proven one way or the other. We hear very little about DeDe anymore, so I'm wondering if she's been cleared. I'm assuming the new task force is relooking at all the evidences, so hopefully they'll feel a bit more free in releasing more information.
((( keeping my fingers crossed)) .

There has been many rumors of a white pickup truck in various places that day. It's not surprising because that kind of white truck is very common around here. My personal feeling is that Terri was never on the Island ... it just doesn't fit the timeline. SI doesn't have a cell phone tower and the closest one is at the intersection of Cornelius Pass road and Hwy 30 ( just across the Multnomah channel from the Island) . This would also be the same tower the Horman's would be using from their home, which is about two miles away, heading south up the West Hills. To make a long story short, cell phone coverage is awful out here and when traveling over the WHs it not uncommon to lose your signal. Even on the Island it can be hit and miss.

Bless all the searchers who came out today ... it was a soggy mess.
Elphie
Elphie

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Elphie wrote:

Hello all ... I joined a few days ago and this is my first post. I hope I'm pushing all the correct buttons. :)

I live in that area, so I've been following this case closely from day one. It hard not to feel somewhat involved, even though I don't know the family or anyone connected to them. As far as DeDe and Terri being together on June 4th, I seriously don't believe it's been proven one way or the other. We hear very little about DeDe anymore, so I'm wondering if she's been cleared. I'm assuming the new task force is relooking at all the evidences, so hopefully they'll feel a bit more free in releasing more information.

There has been many rumors of a white pickup truck in various places that day. It's not surprising because that kind of white truck is very common around here. My personal feeling is that Terri was never on the Island ... it just doesn't fit the timeline. SI doesn't have a cell phone tower and the closest one is at the intersection of Cornelius Pass road and Hwy 30 ( just across the Multnomah channel from the Island) . This would also be the same tower the Horman's would be using from their home, which is about two miles away, heading south up the West Hills. To make a long story short, cell phone coverage is awful out here and when traveling over the WHs it not uncommon to lose your signal. Even on the Island it can be hit and miss.

Elphie! Welcome aboard.

Your post is very interesting about the location of the cell phone towers. I had read some time back that there weren't a lot of towers in the area of Sauvie and that LE stating that cell phone pings were coming from Sauvie were misleading as those pings could have been from an area larger than Sauvie.

So, you're saying Terri could have been closed to home and gotten those same pings? Very interesting. Thank you.

jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 am

jigsaw wrote:
Elphie wrote:

Elphie! Welcome aboard.

Your post is very interesting about the location of the cell phone towers. I had read some time back that there weren't a lot of towers in the area of Sauvie and that LE stating that cell phone pings were coming from Sauvie were misleading as those pings could have been from an area larger than Sauvie.

So, you're saying Terri could have been closed to home and gotten those same pings? Very interesting. Thank you.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm not an expert on cell phone signals, but I do know it's a common complaint in this area that can be very iffy. I can only get a signal in the front part of my livingroom or on my deck. I can't even call my husband when he's in the garage.

Other then the Hwy 30 (St Helens Hwy ) tower, you have to go 7 miles NW in to Scappoose for the next tower. Heading back toward Portland, the nearest tower is in St Johns ( North Portland ) and that is about six miles. If you drive over the top of the West Hills and past Skyline Elementary school, you can pick up tower signals from Hillsboro. With signal strength fading in and out, it is my opinion that it would be just an educated guess about where she was based on the tower pings.

I know this is going to sound bad, but there are so many better places in that area to stash a body then Sauvie Island.
Elphie
Elphie

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 am

Elphie,

Are there any areas that you think should be searched that haven't been?
jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:55 am

ELPHIE~

Theories Oc_welcome_anim2

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleprincess Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 am

jigsaw wrote:
Elphie wrote:

Elphie! Welcome aboard.

What about if the ping was from the Scapoose Airport cellphone tower, as I have heard it was? Then the cellphone would have to be on its way up Highway 30 or on the island - true?
purpleprincess
purpleprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 am

purpleprincess wrote:
jigsaw wrote:
Elphie wrote:

Elphie! Welcome aboard.

What about if the ping was from the Scapoose Airport cellphone tower, as I have heard it was? Then the cellphone would have to be on its way up Highway 30 or on the island - true?

Elphie
- hope you can help us with the answer to this questions, please. TIA
jigsaw
jigsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Elphie~

Do you have any information on RS real name and do you know anything about the search of the Horman property. We've heard it's been searched several times, but we also have heard HO stood downwind of the property and his dogs alerted to a death scent. Any information you can share with us?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by soulpatch Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Regarding the "pings" - cell phone tracking is more sophisticated than people seem to think. The fact that a cell phone was on Sauvie Island, wouldn't have been determined from ONE PING, but from triangulation between cell towers. In an urban area, you can get a location to within 15 feet - in a more rural area such as Sauvie Island it would not be as precise.

Also, the phone is constantly pinging unless it is turned off - so getting or receiving a call is not always necessary to "ping" your location.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_phone_tracking
soulpatch
soulpatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:57 pm

More about pings:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/14/understanding-cell-phone-pings/
... First, let’s discuss a cell tower’s range. The range depends on a number of factors, such as the tower’s height, the size and power of the transmitters, obstructions (such as buildings, trees, and terrain), and the underlying communications technology supported by the transmitters (CDMA, GSM, etc.). Towers can have a range as short as 2 or 3 miles and as far as 45 miles.

Towers are typically placed such that their ranges overlap, ensuring a clean “hand-off” as a caller moves out of range of one tower and in range of another. Because of this overlap, a tower with a range of 5 miles might carry certain calls for only three miles because another, nearby tower will be close enough to a caller to pick up a call with higher quality. In the greater Orlando area we see towers spaced fairly close to each other such that calls are carried by a tower for only two or three miles in many cases before being passed off to another tower ...

http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790
... However, there are many places where there are fewer cell towers available, such as in the fringes of the cities and out in the country. If you have fewer than three cell towers available, pinpointing a mobile device can become a lot less precise. In cities where there are a lot more vertical structures which can be barriers to cell phone broadcasting and receiving, there have to be many more cell towers distributed in order to have good service. In the countryside, there are relatively fewer cell towers and a phone’s signal may be picked up only by a single one at much greater distance.

Those areas where a phone is only getting picked up by a single tower, and if it’s equipped with only omnidirectional antennae, the accuracy becomes even less.

In rural areas, coverage of the cell tower can vary from about a quarter of a mile to several miles, depending upon how many obstacles could be blocking the tower’s signal...

Unless they are reporting multiple pings, this isn't really worth much. And only a single ping on the island has ever been discussed (not counting in added comments by those trying to make the case fit by inventing more "facts" with no basis).
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

jigsaw wrote:Elphie,

Are there any areas that you think should be searched that haven't been?

Hi ... Yeah I have some ideas, but of course they are just guess work based on what I know of the area and keeping in mind the 90 minute time frame that Terri was driving around. It's a busy work day for me, so I'm going to have to get back with you later on this.
Elphie
Elphie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 pm

[quote="purpleprincess"][quote="jigsaw"]
Elphie wrote:
purpleprincess wrote:

This is the first I've heard of a ping coming from the Scappoose tower. Scappoose is a small community about eight mile down river (NW ) from the Sauvie Island bridge. Scappoose is in Columbia County and the main way to get there is by Hwy 30 or what is also called, St Helens Hwy. Now the only way on to the Island by car is by the bridge, which is in Multnomah county. As the crow flies, from Scapoose across the Multnomah channel on to the Island, you are in the Game Reserve and it's mostly one dirt road. On June 4th, it was very wet and muddy and if someone tried driving off road, more likely then not, they would have gotten stuck in the mud. I'm sure the pickup had four wheel drive, but even so, it would have been a noticeable mess inside and out.
Elphie
Elphie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Calypso wrote:Elphie~

Do you have any information on RS real name and do you know anything about the search of the Horman property. We've heard it's been searched several times, but we also have heard HO stood downwind of the property and his dogs alerted to a death scent. Any information you can share with us?

I don't know RS real name, but the first thing that came to mind is, if he is Hispanic, then there is a good chance he could be also be using his mother's maiden name. As a Social Worker, I've worked in areas where there are many seasonal farm workers which have a high population of Hispanics. At first it was very confusing because they really do use two last names ... it's part of their culture. I'm adding a link which better explains this custom. Anyway ... that was the first thing I thought of when I heard he was using another name.
http://perez.cs.vt.edu/twolastnames
Elphie
Elphie

Back to top Go down

Post by soulpatch Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 pm

I've never heard that it was just one ping.
soulpatch
soulpatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next