Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 10: FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair

+3
Lilypie
ronald mascot
Justice4all
7 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 10:  FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 10: FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 am

Here as the link where you can watch the live stream and chat with us.

http://www.realitychatter.com/h12-anthony-trial-live-chat-4

Day 10: Hair in Casey Anthony’s car takes center stage

ORLANDO -- A hair found in Casey Anthony's trunk is expected to take center stage Saturday in Day 10 of her murder trial.

FBI agent Karen Lowe is the first witness to take the stand Saturday. Lowe has been an agent for over 15 years. She is currently an FBI evidence examiner.

Read more: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/256799/Day-10:-Hair-in-Casey-Anthony%E2%80%99s-car-takes-center-stage

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 10:  FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 10: FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:06 pm

I've been wondering why there was only one hair in Casey's trunk and why it seems like it took over a week for the smell in her trunk to become noticeable.

I'm starting to think that Caylee was put in the trunk with no bag or just the laundry bag after she was killed on June 16. Casey probably triple bagged her and put her back in the trunk on June 17 when she backed into the garage or on June 18 when she backed into the garage and borrowed a shovel from Brian Burner. Casey complained about the smell to Amy Huizenga on June 25 and abandoned her car at Amscot on June 27. The triple bagging might explain why there weren't more hairs and why the smell took so long to become noticeable.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 10:  FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 10: FBI agent Karen Lowe Testifies about Death Band Hair

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Day 10: Death Band, Air Samples

FBI Expert Testifies On Hair Sample

UPDATED: 1:02 pm EDT June 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In groundbreaking yet technical testimony, an FBI analyst testified Saturday in Casey Anthony's murder trial that a hair sample found in Casey's trunk shows signs of decomposition.

Investigators found hair in the trunk of Anthony's car. Prosecutors claim the hair could only have come from a decomposing body.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28131185/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Casey Anthony trial: Experts discuss collection, analysis of samples from Casey Anthony's car

~Snipped~

A second witness, Mike Vincent, who is an assistance supervisor with the Orange County Sheriff's Office crime scene unit, explained how he collected various pieces of evidence in 2008.

He discussed how he used a special apparatus with test tubes to collect air samples. A stain in the vehicle was also collected, Vincent said.

Scientists from Oak Ridge National Laboratory are expected to testify later in the trial about the findings from the air samples.

Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-10-20110604,0,4576984.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronald mascot Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't think this hair will even be that important to the jury. It is additional support, but the other evidence fully supports a conclusion Caylee was dead in the trunk at some point and they could come to this conclusion without any of the hair evidence. There is a smell of death testified about from several people about the car, Caylee is missing, it's the mother's car, she is seen by a neighbor backing up the car to the garage, something she has never done before, Caylee's skelton turns up showing she has been dead for quite awhile-

Therefore, she was in the trunk at some point. Common sense tells you that, you don't need some decomposed hair or analysis of the air to tell you that.

ronald mascot

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Forensic Expert Testifies On Evidence In Casey's Car

Updated: 3:06 pm EDT June 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An FBI forensic expert and an Orange County crime scene unit investigator have testified about evidence found in Casey Anthony's car, on day 21 of her murder trial Saturday.

TRIAL DAY 21: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 21
CASEY ENTERS COURTROOM: Images | Video
IN COURT: Witnesses, Casey, Lawyers, Judge

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28130373/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:14 pm

ronald mascot wrote:Therefore, she was in the trunk at some point. Common sense tells you that, you don't need some decomposed hair or analysis of the air to tell you that.
I agree and I think common sense will also tell the jury that.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilypie Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:44 pm

I wish I hadn't missed this today...Damn work! I think that your right J4 she probably triple bagged her and also what if she packed her in dry ice for a couple days? And thats what they found in the trunk? I'm no chemist or anything but it seems like it would be a possibility.

Lilypie

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Justice4all wrote:I've been wondering why there was only one hair in Casey's trunk and why it seems like it took over a week for the smell in her trunk to become noticeable.

I'm starting to think that Caylee was put in the trunk with no bag or just the laundry bag after she was killed on June 16. Casey probably triple bagged her and put her back in the trunk on June 17 when she backed into the garage or on June 18 when she backed into the garage and borrowed a shovel from Brian Burner. Casey complained about the smell to Amy Huizenga on June 25 and abandoned her car at Amscot on June 27. The triple bagging might explain why there weren't more hairs and why the smell took so long to become noticeable.

This does make you wonder. Which final bag was Caylee Sad placed in? Has that been said?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Maybe KC put Caylee in the freezer for a few days....and maybe she borrowed the shovel to pry her loose. She'd take a day or so to thaw out before starting to smell.

It is funny that June 25th was the first mention by KC of a smell and then shortly thereafter she abandons her car. Did it really smell then, or was she anticipating it would soon?

And unless George is covering for KC he didn't smell anything on June 24th.

It's almost like she didn't even put Caylee in her trunk until after June 24th.

If Caylee was in the freezer, and for some reason the key was gone - like in her pocket so no one could get in there- she might have taken her out on the 25th ...that was a Wednesday so George and Cindy would have been at work at the same time in the afternoon. That's about enough time for Caylee to thaw out and start stinking enough to where KC could have just thrown her down the hill into the woods and abandoned her car.

I do think we are in for a surprise of some sort in this case.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:24 am

Lottie, their freezer has a lock?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am

Julie, my small freezer in the garage has a lock. So does my new beverage center! I've thought the same as Lottie, possibility of Caylee being in the freezer. It's definitely a good possibility, I don't know. Who knows what Casey was thinking, she only thought of the moment in time.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 am

WFTV Special: Casey On Trial - Weekly Recap

http://www.wftv.com/video/28131910/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Richard Hornsby thinks any conviction in this case will most likely be reversed. He cites a case where an objection to a videotaped statement was overruled because it was untimely. The appeals court reversed the conviction saying the defense wasn't required to object to the videotape pretrial unless compelled to do so by the court.

Hornsby thinks the following paragraph in an order focusing on discovery by Judge Perry is too general for the appeals court to rule that the defense was compelled to object pretrial.

"Non-forensic/scientific legal motions requiring no testimony before the court shall be filed and heard no later than December 31, 2010."

Hornsby goes on to say the defense has made so many mistakes that if a conviction isn't reversed on the above issue, it will likely be reversed because of ineffective assistance of counsel.

Read Hornsby's post at the following link:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/06/did-judge-perry-make-a-rather-large-boo-boo/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Very interesting article, J4A. I think Baez would love to go back and change his theory and opening statement. That was ridiculous in every way possible. It seems that the defense didn't watch the video tapes. And with all of the revolving high profile figures on the defense team, would they consider just Baez and Mason ineffective counsel or the entire team. I have felt from the beginning Baez was either just plain ignorant for not putting his client's best interest first or he was just in it for the fame. In my opinion, any defense attorney would have claimed accident/panic from the get go on this. I think this case will be in appeals for years anyway. I hope whatever she is convicted of is not reversed, but it's plain to see it's already a possibility.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Piper, I think ineffective counsel would be based on her representation as a whole during trial, and not based on any one or two of her lawyers. I agree that Baez is ignorant, but I've heard it is very difficult to get a reversal based on ineffective counsel. Whatever you think of J. Cheney Mason, he is a high-profile and highly respected lawyer and it seems ridiculous that Casey could have him on her defense team and still get a reversal based on ineffective assistance of counsel.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I think jose hasn't decided if he's trying to make us think Casey is crazy or he is! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Julie wrote:Lottie, their freezer has a lock?

I am pretty sure a long time ago George said it did and that they kept the key on some key holding thing in the garage but it wasn't there.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 pm

My opinion on the ineffective counsel thing is....Judge Perry asked Casey if she was happy with her council after reminding her of the seriousness of the charges against her. She said she was. So that should be enough to not get a reversal based on ignorant Jose.

Here's what I don't get about Bozo throwing out that accidental pool drowning in opening....if he was working on that theory then why not tell the prosecution what evidence he had to support it and see if they would reconsider the charges against KC before the damn trial started? Couldn't she have 'confessed' before the trial began and had the whole thing forced into a redo? I don't know....but it seems like if they are going to use an alternate theory as a defense then Bozo should at least be trying to show how what the prosecution has could also point to the pool drowning claim.

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't know what to think about there only being one hair in the trunk with a death band. It's almost it was a contact thing and dropped off something else rather than the actual body.

Bozo was alluding to that with this Hair witness. He didn't do a very good job of it, but he sort of made it sound like that's what he was up to.

But I don't think the hair is a deal breaker or a deal maker.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am

Piper & Lottie, thanks for the additional info on the freezer.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down