Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense

+5
maggieg
Julie
Justice4all
LottieM
Piper
9 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense

Post by Piper Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Tearful Day 38: Cindy, Casey, Lee Anthony Cry In Court

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense 28346542_320X180

Updated: 12:29 pm EDT June 24, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It has been an emotional day in Casey Anthony's murder trial on Friday. Casey, her mother and brother were brought to tears during testimony. Friday marks day 38, including jury selection, of her trial.

Casey and Cindy Anthony cried as pictures of Caylee Anthony were shown in an Orange County courtroom on Friday, during Cindy's testimony.

Casey entered the courtroom just after 8:50 a.m., wearing a white button-down shirt and pants. She had her hair pulled back in a tight, braided bun.

DAY 38: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 38
CASEY CRIES: See Images | Raw Video
ANTHONYS CRY: Cindy Pics | Lee Pics | Video
READ: Jury Instructions For Casey Trial
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
VIDEO REPORT: Anthonys Cry During Testimony
IN COURT: Casey, Key Players, Pool Pics
FACES OF CASEY: Most Recent To Oldest
EVIDENCE ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Case
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Cindy's took the stand a day after surprising prosecutors with testimony that she had conducted Internet searches on chloroform, and not her daughter, Casey.

Defense attorney Jose Baez began questioning Cindy on Friday about a pair of shorts found with the remains of her granddaughter, Caylee, in December 2008.

Casey, who's accused of killing Caylee, wiped away tears while a video of her playing with her daughter was played for the jury during Baez's questioning.

Judge Belvin Perry questioned Baez about the defense's theory.

"If your theory of defense is ever-changing, maybe you just need to tell me what your theory of defense is," Perry said to Baez. "At least somebody try and explain it to me."

Lee Anthony was also called to the stand on Friday, right after Cindy's testimony and began crying as he was questioned about the not being at Caylee's birth.

Lee said he was "hurt" because he felt that his mother and Casey did not want him at the hospital.

Read more:
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28342780/detail.html
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense

Post by Piper Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Day 27: Cindy and Lee Anthony give tearful testimony

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense Casey-anthony-4pics-1-0624

Casey Anthony and her mother both wipe away tears as the jury looks at photos of little Caylee in her grandparents' swimming pool, where the defense says she drowned in June 2008.

Read more:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/268532/Day-27:-Cindy,-Lee-take-the-stand-again-in-Casey-Anthony-trial
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Can somebody help me remember about the metal gas can and the duct tape....because....

today Baez made Melich look into the evidence bag that held the gas can as if to get Melich to verify it was the same as the picture that showed duct tape on the can...and Melich said there was no tape on the can in the evidence bag...but in the picture there is tape...Baez just blew past it...and the prosecution didn't address it. I'm thinking something might have just blow wide open about Baez's obsession with the gas can...because...

We know Baez questioned George for way too long about if the can had duct tape on it when he got it back from LE the first time they took it. As I recall George said it didn't have tape on it when he got it back the first time...and he didn't put the tape on it that is seen in the picture....I'm very confused! Baez was insinuating George put the tape on it after he got it back the first time and that the picture was taken the second time LE had it. hence KC couldn't have put it on there because she was in jail....

in essence Baez was trying to say George put the tape on the can between times one and two that LE took the cans but that prior to time one there was no tape on the can....which basically means Baez was trying to make sure KC wasn't blamed as being the one who put the tape on the can....

but if that can in the evidence bag has no tape on it, then was the picture taken at time one that LE took the cans? thus making it possible KC did put it on there because it would have been on there before she was in jail.

Of course, maybe the tape wasn't on there in the bag anymore because LE took it off and tested it? But if so, where is that piece of tape in evidence? It should be bagged too.

so my question is....was that picture of the can with the tape on it from the first time or the second time that LE confiscated the can?

I hope someone remembers the details....I just want to know because Baez keeps making a huge deal out of it and he must have a reason...and that reason has to be to something he thinks will get KC off the duct tape hook.

anyone?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 pm

I just watched Bill Shaeffer's analysis. He doesn't think the defense got anywhere with Lee's testimony. He says they were trying to imply that George and Cindy were ashamed of Casey's pregnancy and were intimating that Lee was excluded because he was molesting Casey or responsible for her pregnancy. Bill thinks it's clear to the jury that the family is circling the wagons in an attempt to save Casey's life.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 pm

I hope they see that, J4....I hope they also see the G and C are in the gallery and hearing everything that is said...then they get called to testify over and over...and things get changed....I know and you all know they aren't really changing things from the multitude of different stories they've said all along, but the jury doesn't know that and might think they change because of what they hear that is bad for KC and want to fix it with family help lies.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Regarding the pic of Caylee opening the sliding glass door, interesting question over at SM.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10852.msg1411186#msg1411186
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Interesting Julie....when I saw that picture on trial today I thought...how convenient there was a picture of Caylee getting in the pool and opening the door...seemed odd they had one at the door....now that I see it online the child sure is skinny and seems too tall for Caylee...someone over there sent that to the Prosecution....they mentioned Dr G would know if Caylee was as tall as in that picture...wow, if this is bogus....just wow! I hope it is...hehe
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 am

Lottie, that's exactly what I thought too about the picture at the door. How convenient. The pool, I can see, I have pics of my kids poolside, but not figuring out how to open doors.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am

VERY interesting! I keep thinking back to when my kids were toddlers and I worked with 4, 5, and 6 year olds for many many years. Toddlers usually have some baby fat to them in their legs, arms and faces....once they hit school age they sprout up and thin out. This pic of her at the door sure does look like a 4 or 5 year old. (esp in the legs). Be interesting to see other pics of her around this time frame in a dress or where her legs are showing and see if it matched up!
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

Update....

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10852.msg1411395#msg1411395
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks Julie....so those shoes she has on are the same ones she wore at her second birthday party. Hmmm...

I was getting ready to post my thoughts that the picture of Caylee opening the door seems stretched vertically. Even the electrical outlet seems too high off the ground....so, this is probably Caylee at 2 years old and the picture stretched to make her and the door appear taller so they could pass it off as her being 3?

IDK but something is definitely wrong with that picture.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:01 am

Yeah Lottie, I agree. Something still doesn't look right in the picture.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 am

Linda questioned Cindy at length about the size of her clothes and then mentioned the shorts that were in the bag with her remains...she didn't ask her what size they were but did ask her when she last saw them at her house.

What was up with that?

The shorts in the bag were size 24 months, but I don't think Caylee was wearing them when she died. I think they might have been just put in the bag separately for whatever reason because....when the bottom half of her body - pelvic bones and legs- were found away from the bag, how would her shorts still be in the bag is they had been on her body? Wouldn't the animal have dragged away her short too since the pelvic bones and legs were probably still attached when moved?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

Did Cheney Mason quit?

Yesterday, if you watch his face when Bozo starts his ranting about Ashton, he looks mortified. and if you assume he is quitting when he approaches the bench, everything make sense. Bozo clutches his arm as if saying ‘are you sure?’ then walks away in frusteration.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 pm

It was said during media discussions about this that if Mason did got fired by KC he would have to be replaced by another death penalty qualified attorney and they would probably have to force that last one she had that quit (can't recall name) to come back....they said that's how it works. But also, it was said he could not quit on his own....KC would have to fire him for messing her shit up as she sees it.

But Baez made a huge deal out of calling HLN just after this whole thing went down to say how HE was qualified to do it....so, yeah, I'm thinking Mason got fired by KC.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm

I heard that Kathi Belich reported that she could hear Mason yelling behind closed doors yesterday..............

WHAT HAPPENED? affraid

And Casey's still the boss huh?
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm thinking Mason wants to quit. KC and he were getting along pretty good the last week. She was chatty and smiley with him.

I don't think Mason is pleased with Baez at all. He was upset with him at lunch as someone observed and then there's the fiasco with the hard drive that destroyed Baez' opener. Mason wasn't happy that Baez didn't do his homework.

My speculation is that he wants out before it gets worse.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by maggieg Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Sherry wrote:I'm thinking Mason wants to quit. KC and he were getting along pretty good the last week. She was chatty and smiley with him.

I don't think Mason is pleased with Baez at all. He was upset with him at lunch as someone observed and then there's the fiasco with the hard drive that destroyed Baez' opener. Mason wasn't happy that Baez didn't do his homework.

My speculation is that he wants out before it gets worse.

After thinking about this since yesterday I tend to agree with you Sherry! Out of that bunch I get the feeling Mason is the most human one, he does have a good reputation (from what I have heard) and even tho he will be retiring does he want to go down with this clown crew. But can he just leave if he wants to?

We shall find out tomorrow!
maggieg
maggieg

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Ann Fennell is qualified to try a death penalty case, and as far as I know, she has not quit. She won't sit in on the trial until after she is found guilty of first degree murder, and she will handle the penalty portion.

Mark Nejame said yesterday he still thinks there is something up between the defense team, and if you noticed when they all left the court house, they were walking separately, Mason had a stern expression but Bozo was laughing and joking with the media.

HLN said all the defense team, including all the paralegals convened at Mason's office. So, there may be something to that theory.

Jeff Ashton went directly to his office and took the deposition of the next witness, so I'm sure the trial is going on. We'll see in about 18 hours.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I can't wait to see what's on the hard drive....if KC was texting him from the home computer then where was George?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:13 pm

mama, Bozo acting cool like nothing's wrong is just like KC acting like nothing's wrong while sluttin' it up at Fusian. Very Happy

Ergo, something horrible might be up that Bozo doesn't want anyone to think he is responsible for, but really he is.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Well, they said KC was crying when she returned to the courtroom, so maybe, hopefully it is Bozo being fired. LOL I don't think she would cry for Mason leaving.

They also said when George came out of one of the rooms, he was crying and had some papers in his hand. Don't know what that was all about.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Well, in less that 12 hours we'll find out. Very Happy

I wonder what would make George cry...was he served some sort of papers like maybe KC suing him in civil court for abusing her? She has no other proof of it...so maybe a law suit to show how serious she is? Or is it too late to press charges on him for it? Just putting it all out there....you never can tell what this bunch will do next.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 pm

I have watched Saturdays video twice today and this is what I observed:

1. After Bozo cut JP down for always believing what JA says, Mason stood up and asked a question. JP told him he could not hear him. So he turned on his mic and repeated it, but I cannot make out exactly what he said, but Mark Nejame said that he asked for a meeting of the defense in chambers.
2. Mason, Bozo, and JP left the courtroom. A deputy came back and called KC in there too.
3. KC returned to her table after about 15 minutes, and I did not see any 'real' tears. I think she was just wiping her nose.
4. Then Mason called JA and LDB over to talk to them, like at side bar, then all of them went into the back to meet with JP.
5. While they were out of the courtroom, the camera was on GA & CA quite a bit. I never saw GA crying, he too was wiping his nose a lot.
6. CA was carrying on a long conversation with the guy sitting beside her. She then got up and left the courtroom for about 3 minutes, GA and the guy were talking and it looked like the people sitting in front of them were trying to hear what they were saying. CA came back in after about 3 minutes.
7. When the atty's returned to the courtroom, Mason and Bozo did not speak to each other. Bozo talked with Sims, but totally ignored KC, in fact he was talking across her with Sims.
8. When the judge came in and made his announcement and recessed court till Monday. He said it has nothing to do with what they had discussed earlier, but that it was a legal matter.
9. He then turned to court recorder and said 'we got some business to take care of' and they left.
10. One of the news media tried to talk with JA, but all he would do was shake his head.

10 more hours.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks for the summary mama....watch us find out it was just JP telling the defense they'd better get their act straight once and for all and gave them the weekend to do it. I'll be very disappointed if that's all it is...

9 1/2 more hours!
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:34 am

It has to be of great importance because HHJP called the whole day off-he was determined to work the day because of the jurors.

7 1/2 hours... bath
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:05 am

1 hour! But I'm going for 1/2 hour in case the do something early. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:23 am

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/06/27/cayleecasey-anthony-trial-bombshell-james-cheney-mason-is-out-real-or-rumor/#more-5414
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

Hm. With Finnell present, then maybe Mason is wanting out.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:35 pm

The Devils advocate ringing in here....I don't watch much of this trial cuz I don't get coverage...however....

I don't think those are the same shoes at all. I have watched the video several times over and the black strips on the inside of the shoes don't add up between both photos.
The only thing similar about them is that they are black and white.

The black stripe on the patio door photo looks thicker and swoops dramatically down to the arch of the shoe...in the video the black stripe is narrower and swoops towards the toe box.

As for the pic at the door. It does seem just way too tall and thin to be the same kid as in the birthday video. There is a definite lack of baby fat on that kid that is very obvious on Caylee @ two.
Also if you look at the patio furniture outside the door, it doesn't look distorted. Looks pretty normal to me.

As for the light socket on the wall, it is higher than code I would presume...however I don't know what code is in the US, only in Canada and it's too high for here....However.......lots of twits build houses that shouldn't build houses and not everything is always up to code.

Perhaps they had it added later by George or some friend?

Not convinced the kid in the pic is Caylee...too tall, too thin...looks more like Casey at 4.
Martine
Martine

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Also...the patio furniture in the photo @ the sliding door is not the same as the patio set in the birthday video. Casey Anthony Trial Day 27: Tearful Day in Court, Judge Perry Questions Theory of Defense 791853
Martine
Martine

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down