Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

+13
eva
Orgona
WeeBonnie
CherokeeNative
DebFrmHell
summerthyme
Chickenbutt
FystyAngel
angiefly2
Alessandra_Deux
Freckles
Hunters G-ma
Snaz
17 posters

Go down

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ Empty ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Post by Snaz Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ:

We have made a few minor changes to the site to make it more user friendly. Please take the time to read this post so you will be familiar with them.

Rather than to have all the developing news stories in one post, we are going to have a "Developing Stories" section and posting new threads for each topic you want to discuss. Starting a new thread is not hard at all.

For those who are not sure how to do it:

1. Click "New Topic" at the top of the appropriate section
2, Give it a title and type your post as you normally would
3. Click "Send"

That's all there is to it!

We have retitled some of the sections, but they should be self-explanatory. Just post your comment in the appropriate section, using "Developing Stories" for news articles. As far as any news that was being discussed in the old Developing Stories thread, please feel free to start a new thread under the new Developing Stories section.

If it's fun stuff, please post it in "The Chatter Room". If you are posting about a missing person, please post it in the "Missing" section. And if you aren't sure where you should post something, just put it where you think it might belong, and if it needs to be moved, we can move it to the appropriate section. If there is already an existing thread on that topic, we will merge them and inform you via PM that it was combined.

Also, it is possible that we may adjust titles slightly to any new threads in order to keep the format uniform throughout any given section.

We don't want this to become a tedious chore for anyone, so don't worry too much about this! Just post and have fun!

We also have a live chat and a link to it at the top of the Home page. The chat box itself is at the bottom of the Forum page. Feel free to drop in anytime and chat with the other members. You can also go to the "Daily Chatter" thread in The Chatter Room, and post whenever you are on the board.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send either Fysty, J4A or me a PM. You can also leave a message here on this thread with your question. We will get back to you with answers as quickly as we can.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Snaz on Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ Empty Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Post by Hunters G-ma Tue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Awesome Snaz! some of us are just used to posting to the one available developing stories site. This will make it much easier to keep up with individual developing stories.
Hunters G-ma
Hunters G-ma

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 am

So each new "Developing Story" will get its own thread?
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 am

Freckles wrote:So each new "Developing Story" will get its own thread?

Yes, that is correct. Having all the stories posted in one thread was just too confusing for many.

This way, members can follow the stories they are interested in and bypass those they are not.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 am

Snaz wrote:

Yes, that is correct. Having all the stories posted in one thread was just too confusing for many.

This way, members can follow the stories they are interested in and bypass those they are not.

Snaz, I guess I am a little confused. The point of Developing Stories is that they are not usually enough information to start a thread, they encompass sentencing, trials upcoming, informative information, etc. They don't need a thread. I guess that information is no longer going to be shared as I don't think blogger's are going to go looking for a one time one article item throughout the site, why would they? If you are not aware of a story in the news, you certainly aren't going to go on a fishing expedition looking for something, nobody has that much time. I know I am not one that would do that.

I don't think new members from the Hinky Meter were confused by the Developing Stories Thread at all, it consistently stayed the most popular thread there for some of the reason's I listed. imo, you are going to have endless threads with few comments on them & some threads with no comments at all, no one is even going to know there is a thread NOR or they going to go looking. jmo. If members wanted to read passing stories, the internet is endless for listing the stories as they happen. I guess, imo, I would just look at the National media, fox news, AP news, or CNN, that way I wouldn't have to look for anything posted somewhere within the site, if it is even posted on a thread.

I see a lot of threads here that haven't been posted on in over a year. You, J4All, & Fysty have to decide but I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind it, I in no way see it as more functional, at least for all your new members. jmo.

Last edited by art tart on Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 am

art tart wrote:
Snaz wrote:

Snaz, I guess I am a little confused. The point of Developing Stories is that they are not usually enough information to start a thread, they encompass sentencing, trials upcoming, informative information, etc. I guess that information is no longer going to be shared as I don't think blogger's are going to go looking for a one time one article item throughout the site, why would they? If you are not aware of a story in the news, you certainly aren't going to go on a fishing expedition, nobody has that much time. I know I am not one that would do that. And if they did, it seems this would be too time consuming to look for threads. jmo.

I don't think new members from the Hinky Meter were confused by the Developing Stories Thread at all, it consistently stayed the most popular thread there for some of the reason's I listed. imo, you are going to have endless threads with few comments on them & some threads with no comments at all. jmo.

art tart, we understand your concerns, but our format here at RC is to keep the stories separate. We did have members that found that thread to be very confusing.

Hopefully, the title of each thread will give you an indication of whether it sounds like something you might be interested in reading. The threads that don't have much interest will just drop below the more popular stories. And the popular stories will be all in one place so members don't have to look through posts they have no interest in to find the ones they are interested in.

We apologize and hope you don't find our format to be too much of an inconvenience.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 am

art tart wrote:
Snaz wrote:

Snaz, I guess I am a little confused. The point of Developing Stories is that they are not usually enough information to start a thread, they encompass sentencing, trials upcoming, informative information, etc. I guess that information is no longer going to be shared as I don't think blogger's are going to go looking for a one time one article item throughout the site, why would they? If you are not aware of a story in the news, you certainly aren't going to go on a fishing expedition, nobody has that much time. I know I am not one that would do that. And if they did, it seems this would be too time consuming to look for threads. jmo.

I don't think new members from the Hinky Meter were confused by the Developing Stories Thread at all, it consistently stayed the most popular thread there for some of the reason's I listed. imo, you are going to have endless threads with few comments on them & some threads with no comments at all. jmo.

I totally agree with you on this.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 am

Snaz wrote:
art tart wrote:
Snaz wrote:

art tart, we understand your concerns, but our format here at RC is to keep the stories separate. We did have members that found that thread to be very confusing.

Hopefully, the title of each thread will give you an indication of whether it sounds like something you might be interested in reading. The threads that don't have much interest will just drop below the more popular stories. And the popular stories will be all in one place so members don't have to look through posts they have no interest in to find the ones they are interested in.

We apologize and hope you don't find our format to be too much of an inconvenience.

snaz, I still don't see how this addresses the information provided in the Developing Stories thread except to create endless topic threads that pile up & are not commented on & that is ONLY if someone wants to bother setting up a topic, the solution proposed does not serve the same function as the Developing Stories thread, stories in the news for just a day. Most developing stories NEVER become a topic. I don't use the catergories or go thru them, I guess I am not interested in looking for topics. I am now down to reading a couple of cases here, I use the search tab & enter the names, that way I don't have to use the catergories or weed through them or look for the topic I am interested in. imo, it's far easier to use the SEARCH TAB for a case someone is following, it's more functional & saves more time than using the CATERGORIES.

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 am

I agree Art. I really liked the Developing stories thread for the very reasons you stated. I hope it gets opened back up.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 7:08 am

angiefly2 wrote:I agree Art. I really liked the Developing stories thread for the very reasons you stated. I hope it gets opened back up.

Good to see you angiefly2.

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 pm

We still have the Developing Stories...It's just a "Section" now instead of one single thread. We welcome each & every Ex Hinky member BUT...Please note that we are not THM and do have our own way of things. The format of RC is set up a little different. We are trying to work things out to make it an easier transition. Please take the time to look around & I believe you'll find that we really do have a little of everything for everyone.
~Fysty~
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

FystyAngel wrote:We still have the Developing Stories...It's just a "Section" now instead of one single thread. We welcome each & every Ex Hinky member BUT...Please note that we are not THM and do have our own way of things. The format of RC is set up a little different. We are trying to work things out to make it an easier transition. Please take the time to look around & I believe you'll find that we really do have a little of everything for everyone.
~Fysty~

Fysty, you do indeed have a Developing Stories as a Sub Title encompassing many many cases, most of those threads are on going cases OR there is not any movement & they are not developing, some are just existing with no activity. Rebecca Z's case is an ongoing investigation, it might be ongoing for the next 5 years.

we can all agreee that the format is different here, but your new members only ask for a few things, that thread was one of the few things we requested. It is not a solution to make a TOPIC/thread on every single comment, that's why it is developing & moving quickly, tomorrow's news is going to be changing, the stories are going to be different, they are not worthy of a thread. IF a case got shared, like Micky Schunick's, it got pulled BECAUSE it is news worthy & it made National news. 97% of the other information didn't make it & was not worthy of a thread or topic, I trully don't believe anyone is going to do that. why make a topic/thread on something that is not going to be in the news the next day.

RC was really nice to take us in, but Valhal expected more from those that participarted at her site, yet she was always fair, she looked at both sides of the issue then she made a decision. Any blog imo would have been glad to absorb Val's blogger's, a lot of different blogs have done just that, I guess I wish more consideration had been given to your new commenters here. Many of us are disappointed, many are not sharing in this thread.

The bottom line is, you can deny the few requests made, it's your site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 pm

I for one, will adjust to the changes RC Admin makes. We are a guest in their house and we sit on their furniture wherever it is placed. Even if they rearrange it! I will just go and look for my favorite spot and plunk my Chickenbutt there! I'm just grateful to have a place to be comfortable and read.

Last edited by Chickenbutt on Wed May 30, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add a line)
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Chickenbutt wrote: I for one, will adjust to the changes RC Admin makes. We are a guest in their house and we sit on their furniture wherever it is placed. Even if they rearrange it! I'm just grateful to have a place to be comfortable and read.

Oh Chickenbutt, I so agree with you. I am such a happy camper here, felt so welcomed each and every day I have been here. And - feels so good to not be on the Titanic. -g
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm

art tart wrote:
FystyAngel wrote:We still have the Developing Stories...It's just a "Section" now instead of one single thread. We welcome each & every Ex Hinky member BUT...Please note that we are not THM and do have our own way of things. The format of RC is set up a little different. We are trying to work things out to make it an easier transition. Please take the time to look around & I believe you'll find that we really do have a little of everything for everyone.
~Fysty~

Fysty, you do indeed have a Developing Stories as a Sub Title encompassing many many cases, most of those threads are on going cases OR there is not any movement & they are not developing, some are just existing with no activity. Rebecca Z's case is an ongoing investigation, it might be ongoing for the next 5 years.

we can all agreee that the format is different here, but your new members only ask for a few things, that thread was one of the few things we requested. It is not a solution to make a TOPIC/thread on every single comment, that's why it is developing & moving quickly, tomorrow's news is going to be changing, the stories are going to be different, they are not worthy of a thread. IF a case got shared, like Micky Schunick's, it got pulled BECAUSE it is news worthy & it made National news. 97% of the other information didn't make it & was not worthy of a thread or topic, I trully don't believe anyone is going to do that. why make a topic/thread on something that is not going to be in the news the next day.

RC was really nice to take us in, but Valhal expected more from those that participarted at her site, yet she was always fair, she looked at both sides of the issue then she made a decision. Any blog imo would have been glad to absorb Val's blogger's, a lot of different blogs have done just that, I guess I wish more consideration had been given to your new commenters here. Many of us are disappointed, many are not sharing in this thread.

The bottom line is, you can deny the few requests made, it's your site.

You are right. The bottom line is that this is their site.

I find it rather rude that you are asking for more consideration to the new members and as or many being disappointed, so far the only real dissenter really I see is you. You are giving me a case of the "WTH's."

This site has bent overbackwards to make all of us Hinkster feel comfortable. They took on a pretty good size group in a matter of days.

IMO, if you don't like it there is always the cyber door. Sorry to be blunt.

Deb
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree ChickenButt and DebfrmHell - we are very fortunate to have received such wonderful hospitality from RC and its members on a moment's notice. Change the site however you see fit Snaz, I'll find a place to sit no matter. I'm very content here.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Chickenbutt wrote: I for one, will adjust to the changes RC Admin makes. We are a guest in their house and we sit on their furniture wherever it is placed. Even if they rearrange it! I will just go and look for my favorite spot and plunk my Chickenbutt there! I'm just grateful to have a place to be comfortable and read.

Thanks for the laugh Chickenbutt! I already smile everytime I see you here.
I'll probably park mine next to yours, LOL!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Happy to make you smile Wee. If I make one person smile, then I am happy. Very Happy
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgona Wed May 30, 2012 5:43 pm

I agree that many things shared on a Developing Thread on THM was next day yesterdays news and not worthy of an entire thread and therefor it would just be "clutter" as a new thread. But I also agree that we are made feel very welcome here as refugees, and should not forget that we are still the guests in someone else's home, and I for one believe in following the host's rules.

Orgona
Orgona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:11 pm

It is nice that RC has taken some of Hinkey's as well as webslueths, victimsheartland, Niecey's place, Blink, Humbleopinion, to name only a few, all have been nice & welcoming to Hinkey Refugees.

we are pretty scattered, then Chickenbutt changed her name, LOL, it presented an opportunity for new identities for some. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Well I've been sitting on the RC couch for quite some time, and they've always been so kind to me! Very Happy Cool

Welcome to ANY and ALL new members!!!!!!! ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ 88030
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 pm

eva wrote:Well I've been sitting on the RC couch for quite some time, and they've always been so kind to me! Very Happy Cool

Welcome to ANY and ALL new members!!!!!!! ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ 88030

I don't think I've EVER done this before, but here goes....... ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ 179695

oooo, I think I sprained something. lol!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Art...have always been Chickenbutt here at home. Just wasn't very creative the day I registered at THM. This move gave me the opportunity to be who I really am....Chicken ass
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Very Happy Guess what? Chicken Butt!!!!
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Art...have always been Chickenbutt here at home. Just wasn't very creative the day I registered at THM. This move gave me the opportunity to be who I really am....Chicken ass

don't get whackadoddle on me CB!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Whackadoodle? Not me...goofy...probably
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Thu May 31, 2012 8:32 am

Chickenbutt wrote:If I make one person smile, then I am happy. Very Happy

Surely words to live by CB!

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 am

art tart wrote:It is nice that RC has taken some of Hinkey's as well as webslueths, victimsheartland, Niecey's place, Blink, Humbleopinion, to name only a few, all have been nice & welcoming to Hinkey Refugees.

we are pretty scattered, then Chickenbutt changed her name, LOL, it presented an opportunity for new identities for some. LOL.

I don't know what the point of listing the websites of other blogs is - but it sounds like a veiled threat. I do not believe we are entitled to expect that things will be rearranged to the liking of a couple of new members simply because we migrated from the now defunct THM. If anything, we need to take a low profile and try to adapt to RC's way of conducting its site. We are guests. They owe us nothing and have given us much. I am appreciative and a little put off by your sense of entitlement that more than borders on rude. So please tell me I am misinterpreting your post.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 am

Art tart.. Kind of nice to know where some of the Hinksters meandered off to after THM closed up shop. Thnx for sharing the locations.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Marica wrote:Art tart.. Kind of nice to know where some of the Hinksters meandered off to after THM closed up shop. Thnx for sharing the locations.

Marica, good to see you, I have caught of w/a few. ellejay pops in out & out. Always good to see everyone.

Marcia, some of us are following the Adam Kaufman murder trial, it's very interesting. The State has really screwed it up in most of our opinions, join us if you have time. Very Happy

Last edited by art tart on Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
art tart wrote:It is nice that RC has taken some of Hinkey's as well as webslueths, victimsheartland, Niecey's place, Blink, Humbleopinion, to name only a few, all have been nice & welcoming to Hinkey Refugees.

I don't know what the point of listing the websites of other blogs is - but it sounds like a veiled threat. I do not believe we are entitled to expect that things will be rearranged to the liking of a couple of new members simply because we migrated from the now defunct THM. If anything, we need to take a low profile and try to adapt to RC's way of conducting its site. We are guests. They owe us nothing and have given us much. I am appreciative and a little put off by your sense of entitlement that more than borders on rude. So please tell me I am misinterpreting your post.

Of course you have misinterpreted my post, anyone hosting the Hinkies anywhere have all been kind as RC has. Reading more into it is on you & no one puts words I have not said in my mouth so don't bother trying. Some hinky members here have shared different user names of past hinkey members are using at the different sites, it's really no big deal, no reason to try to make it one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Esq Thu May 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Thank you so much, Snaz & Fysty! ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ 541830

...and what ChickenButt, SummerThyme, DebFrmHell, CherokeeNative, WeeBonnie, Eva, Julie & Orgona said:
hug
Ms Esq
Ms Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Chickenbutt wrote: I for one, will adjust to the changes RC Admin makes. We are a guest in their house and we sit on their furniture wherever it is placed. Even if they rearrange it! I will just go and look for my favorite spot and plunk my Chickenbutt there! I'm just grateful to have a place to be comfortable and read.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exactly! ITA.
(Except for the chicken butt part... but everything else is just right.)

Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 pm

lol...I have the only Chicken ass here!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Thu May 31, 2012 11:11 pm

I have a question....Is it a full freakin moon tonite? What is wrong with people?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 pm

@ Chickenbutt... nope.. next full moon is

Mon Jun 4 2012 @ 11:12

Or so it says @ http://moonphases.info/full_moon_calendar_dates.html
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 pm

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/full-moon-dates-and-times/

Full Moon Calendar 2012

January 9th Full Wolf Moon 2:30 am
February 7th Full Snow Moon 4:54 pm
March 8th Full Worm Moon 4:40 am
April 6th Full Pink Moon 3:19 pm
May 5th Full Flower Moon 11:35 pm
June 4th Full Strawberry Moon 7:12 am
July 3rd Full Thunder Moon 2:52 pm
August 1st Full Sturgeon Moon 11:28 pm
August 31st Full Blue Moon 9:58 am
September 29th Full Harvest Moon 11:19 pm
October 29th Full Hunter's Moon 3:50 pm
November 28th Full Beaver Moon 9:46 am
December 28th Full Cold Moon 5:21 am
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:03 am

Marica wrote:@ Chickenbutt... nope.. next full moon is

Mon Jun 4 2012 @ 11:12

Or so it says @ http://moonphases.info/full_moon_calendar_dates.html

Thank you for that. I was being sarcastic. People are very touchy today.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 pm

It was a fitting question even being sarcastic.. Very Happy
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I want to take a few minutes to let you all know about some changes that we have decided to give a try. We have never had just one single thread for a hodgepodge of subjects...but...I am willing to give the "Developing Stories" thread a shot. I have had loads of feedback on this subject. Both good & bad. I must say that it's about 50%/50% on whether to have it or not.

I am the one that took it away but I am willing to see how it goes. With everyone's help, we should be able to keep it open & running smoothly. Please don't let me down.

With that said...I have reopened the "Developing Stories" thread as well as pinned it to the top so everyone can find it right away. I will not hesitate to lock it if there are any problems with it this way.

~Fysty~
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down