Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012

+5
Bmore
justanopinion
lostyou
Weeziethm
Alessandra_Deux
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012

Post by justanopinion Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

The facebook page set up about Autumn....

https://www.facebook.com/AutumnPasqualeRIP?ref=stream

shows pics of the boys (scum) and claim the reason was over BMX bike parts that was eventually found in the home..
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012

Post by Weeziethm Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Father of Pasquale murder suspects speaks

Alonzo says he hasn't seen his sons in a year, explaining it's been difficult to communicate with them since the divorce from their mother seven years ago.

< and why is this? They were 8 and 10 seven years ago. Not blaming him, just wondering...>

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8858503

Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Teen brothers ID'd in Autumn Pasquale's murder

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

CLAYTON, N.J. - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A law enforcement source has identified the two teenage brothers who have been arrested and charged with murder in the death of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale in Clayton, New Jersey.

The source tells Action News they are identified as 17-year-old Dante Robinson and 15-year-old Justin Robinson.

~Snipped~

The medical examiner has determined that Autumn was strangled to death. Preliminarily, there were no signs of sexual assault, but the coroner is conducting additional testing.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8856626
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Parents of Autumn Pasquale speak, funeral arrangements announced

Updated at 08:22 PM today

CLAYTON, N.J. - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Funeral arrangements have been announced for 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale, who was found murdered in Clayton, New Jersey.

The funeral will be held Saturday.

A public viewing is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes in Glassboro, New Jersey.

A public mass follows at 2:00 p.m at Interment Cedar Green Cemetery in Clayton.

The mother of the 12-year-old girl who was strangled and dumped in a recycling bin said Wednesday that the two teenage brothers accused of killing her had treated her daughter "like a piece of trash."

Read more:

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 7fb047c2fdaeec1d1e0f6a70670061cc
AP | Photo By Mel Evans | 3 hrs ago
Young people on BMX bikes visit a shrine for Autumn Pasquale Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012, in Clayton, N.J., near where the missing 12-year-old girl's body was found in a home's recycling bin.
Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 473e23b5fdd5ed1d1e0f6a706700707a
Jessica Bridges and her three-year-old daughter Madison Bridges place flowers at a growing shrine for Autumn Pasquale Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012, in Clayton, N.J., near where the missing 12-year-old girl's body was found in a home's recycling bin.

NJ teens accused of killing girl showed 2 sides

By GEOFF MULVIHILL and KATHY MATHESON | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago..

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-teens-accused-killing-girl-showed-2-sides-215035844.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Parents Of Autumn Pasquale Speak About Daughter’s Tragic Death

October 24, 2012 4:42 PM

Autumn’s parents plan to request an official state investigation to closely examine how the search for their daughter was handled.

“I just want to know what the proper protocols are. If we can have somebody come in and make sure that everything was done the way it should have been done, because we don’t want this to happen again to anyone, anyone’s child. No one deserves this, no one,” Jenn Cornwell said.

Autumn’s father feels the initial search was delayed.

“I felt like we were interviewed left and right, instead of looking for my daughter. I just want a faster response,” Tony Pasqaule said.

Jenn Cornwell said her daughter’s disappearance didn’t qualify for the Amber Alert notification. She feels as if the search for her daughter could have started sooner had an Amber Alert notification been issued.

Video at link. Read more:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/parents-of-autumn-pasquale-speak-about-daughters-death/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Autumn Pasquale's parents: We wanted 'faster response' from Gloucester prosecutor

By Christopher Baxter/The Star-Ledger
on October 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM, updated October 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 -9f9612478706c4a2
Anthony Pasquale and Jennifer Cornwell, parents of Autumn Pasquale, discuss her death. 10/24/12 John O'Boyle/The Star-Ledger

CLAYTON — The parents of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale said today they want the state Attorney General’s Office to investigate if prosecutors in Gloucester County followed the proper protocol after they reported their daughter missing.

“We would have liked a faster response,” said Anthony Pasquale, Autumn’s father, sitting on the couch in the front living room where the two lived. Autumn’s mother, Jennifer Cornwell, said it was a “slow process” and she wanted a review.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquales_parents_we_wa.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you, Alessandra, for all you do on this case and so many others updating us with links, pressers, etc.

You are a true advocate! afro
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 am

Weeziethm wrote:Thank you, Alessandra, for all you do on this case and so many others updating us with links, pressers, etc.

You are a true advocate! afro

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 Welcome-Glitters-15
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:20 am

Memorial for Autumn Pasquale, Oct. 24, 2012
Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 11754238-standard

Photo Gallery:

http://photos.nj.com/south-jersey-times/2012/10/memorial_for_autumn_pasquale_o_13.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 am

Autumn Pasquale Invited to Suspect's Home Through Facebook: Report

By Tim Nudd
10/25/2012 at 08:05 AM EDT

One of Autumn Pasquale's alleged killers was Facebook friends with her, and used the social network to invite her to his house just days before she disappeared, says a new report.

Read more:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20642162,00.html

________

Facebook conversation between Autumn Pasquale, suspect came 4 days before killing

By Star-Ledger Staff
on October 25, 2012 at 6:00 AM,
updated October 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 11752927-large
Slain 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale and murder suspect Justin Robinson, 15.

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 11752621-large
An exchange between suspect Justin Robinson and Autumn Pasquale dated Oct. 16. Autumn commented on a photo of a BMX bike that Justin posted.
Facebook

By Christopher Baxter and James Queally/The Star-Ledger

CLAYTON — The low-slung, angular BMX motocross bike was on display in a photo posted on-line.

"Is that ur bike?" Autumn Pasquale asked in an apparent Facebook exchange with one of her alleged killers.

"Yeupp."

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/facebook_conversation_between.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Father of Pasquale murder suspects speaks

Alonzo says he hasn't seen his sons in a year, explaining it's been difficult to communicate with them since the divorce from their mother seven years ago.

< and why is this? They were 8 and 10 seven years ago. Not blaming him, just wondering...>

Seven years ago??? difficult to communicate??? Good Lord, is he using a can and string?? It really irks me when "parents" take this 'too hard to be an active parent' attitude.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Police response defended in Autumn Pasquale slaying case

Thursday October 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
GEOFF MULVIHILL
Associated Press

http://www.northjersey.com/news/state/Police_response_defended_in_NJ_girl_slaying_case.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Editorial: Find justice for 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale

Published: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 6:00 AM Updated: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 6:09 AM

By Elliot Goldberg/South Jersey Times

Everyone hoped and prayed that it would not end this way.

But the sad discovery of the body of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale of Clayton in a recycling container near her home late Monday night confirmed the worst fears of a community, a region and a whole nation.

That two teenagers have been charged with a senseless, brutal murder of a joyful, vibrant middle-school student who would have celebrated her 13th birthday next week — apparently over her BMX bicycle or parts for it — adds only anger and confusion to the grief.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/south-jersey-voices/index.ssf/2012/10/editorial_find_justice_for_12-.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Police response defended in Autumn Pasquale slaying case

GEOFF MULVIHILL
Associated Press

http://www.northjersey.com/news/state/Police_response_defended_in_NJ_girl_slaying_case.html

This case is so sad. The parents obviously need to find someone to be angry with, it is part of the grieving process, and I am guessing that it is difficult to be angry with just the two individuals that murdered her as they are young as well. Even if an Amber Alert had been issued in this case... the outcome would have been the same. As upsetting as it is I do not believe that Autumn was still with us by the time she was reported missing.
I can only speak for myself but I had rapid fire anger directed at everyone for the first few days after my loss; I had a large number of people to go back and apologize to. Not the same kind of situation, but it is so difficult to lose a child and nothing makes any sense; trying to make some sense of things I too wanted changes to the system. JMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

justanopinion wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Police response defended in Autumn Pasquale slaying case

GEOFF MULVIHILL
Associated Press

This case is so sad. The parents obviously need to find someone to be angry with, it is part of the grieving process, and I am guessing that it is difficult to be angry with just the two individuals that murdered her as they are young as well. Even if an Amber Alert had been issued in this case... the outcome would have been the same. As upsetting as it is I do not believe that Autumn was still with us by the time she was reported missing.
I can only speak for myself but I had rapid fire anger directed at everyone for the first few days after my loss; I had a large number of people to go back and apologize to. Not the same kind of situation, but it is so difficult to lose a child and nothing makes any sense; trying to make some sense of things I too wanted changes to the system. JMO

I agree with you - I don't think she was alive long after her arrival. From the description of her, she was a spunky feisty kid and likely didn't take too kindly to someone trying to rip off her bike. It occurred to me early on that if she is that keen on bikes -- very possibly she immediately recognized the stolen parts from friends of hers who had their bikes stolena and she realized these two criminals were up to no good as soon as she got there and she confronted them and things escalated.

I can't even imagine the pain and loss and frustration of waitin to hear news of a missing child -- but I must say, that I was a bit shocked that they found the process to be so slow when this case seemed to actually unfold rather quickly -- people go months or years without even finding a body. Things revealed and came to closure very quickly for these parents. It's obvious Autumn never planned on going to any friends house and that story was just a cover. If the parents want to blame anyone -- then I gently and gingerly must point out that they didn't even bother to call police until 9:30 pm. If anyone made it possible for Autumn to have enough time to be killed -- sadly enough, it was her own parents -- not the police.

If they press too hard on this issue, sooner or later someone is going to painfully rub that in their face.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 am

Can someone please explain to me why all the parents --- even the step-parents have all lawyered up???

Is this the precursor of one big lawsuit against the town of Clayton? A money-grubbing scheme of sorts? If so, I hope they've got a damned good reason why a child leaves a house at noon and the parents never report her missing until 9:30pm at NIGHT???

The only people who *could* have saved Autumn is her parents in this scenario. period. I don't see anywhere in this case where police impeded her rescue. She very likely was dead long before she was reported missing by her own parents. I'm not placing blame by any means-- i'm just saying IMO the police are far less culpable in this scenario than her parents, by comparison.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20121026_Autumn_Pasquale_s_family_hires_attorney_for_parents_and_step-parents.html
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:59 am

Stolat wrote:Can someone please explain to me why all the parents --- even the step-parents have all lawyered up???

Is this the precursor of one big lawsuit against the town of Clayton? A money-grubbing scheme of sorts? If so, I hope they've got a damned good reason why a child leaves a house at noon and the parents never report her missing until 9:30pm at NIGHT???

The only people who *could* have saved Autumn is her parents in this scenario. period. I don't see anywhere in this case where police impeded her rescue. She very likely was dead long before she was reported missing by her own parents. I'm not placing blame by any means-- i'm just saying IMO the police are far less culpable in this scenario than her parents, by comparison.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20121026_Autumn_Pasquale_s_family_hires_attorney_for_parents_and_step-parents.html

Well that sheds a whole new look to this! This Nicolas person seems to be stirring the pot. If he was so sure then go get proof... hindsight is a fantastic thing... If I was almost certain of something if I had to camp out on the doorstop of the local LE to get attention ... I would!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am

not to be nit-picky but...

things I found interesting in this article..

1) retired K-9 officer Nicolas is 49 years old...
2) house next to the perps was vacant!
3) parent who reported... was Anita Saunders the step-mother
4) Jaime Kaigh, a former assistant prosecutor in Camden and Cumberland counties, said he was retained by Pasquale's parents, Anthony Pasquale and Jennifer Cornwell, along with their spouses on Thursday.
Is 100% criminal defence lawyer??? WTH??
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am

justanopinion wrote:not to be nit-picky but...

4) Jaime Kaigh, a former assistant prosecutor in Camden and Cumberland counties, said he was retained by Pasquale's parents, Anthony Pasquale and Jennifer Cornwell, along with their spouses on Thursday.

Not sure about the hinkiness of #1 -- a have a lot of friends on the force who all enlisted right out of high school. Several of them are not far off from "retiring" already and aren't even 40. It's a different kind of retirement than your typical corporate 65 yr old thing. They say 20 yrs on the squad is like double that in a 9-5 job.

I think point #3 is completely erroneously reported. We already know that the bio-dad has been out of his sons's life for the past 7 years. So how can Saunders possibly be their step-mom???? Are they trying to tell us that the bio-dad divorced the bio-mom....then went on to marry Saunders....and then divorced Saunders....and then the boys continued to live with Saunders, their presumed Step-mother??? Yeah-no... I don't think so. I think Saunders is their bio-mom. In fact one of the neighbors interviewed earlier claimed she went to high school with both Pasquale's dad and Saunders (Justin's mom). I could be wrong -- it just would be unusual. not unheard of -- just unusual.

I do sorta get it that the police were lucky with this one -- had Saunders not turned her sons in, very likely the trash would have been picked up and would have gone to the landfill. It's possible however that she still would have been found there -- especially given her age and size.

I'm torn -- because even thought the process was not without flaw-- I really do think they seemed to jump on the situation as they should. Perhaps it wasn't as fast as they wanted --- but I bet Autumn would have said the same about her own parents. Autumn likely felt her parents didn't call the police to help find her as fast as she would have wanted.

Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am

Stolat wrote:
justanopinion wrote:not to be nit-picky but...

Not sure about the hinkiness of #1 -- a have a lot of friends on the force who all enlisted right out of high school. Several of them are not far off from "retiring" already and aren't even 40. It's a different kind of retirement than your typical corporate 65 yr old thing. They say 20 yrs on the squad is like double that in a 9-5 job.

I think point #3 is completely erroneously reported. We already know that the bio-dad has been out of his sons's life for the past 7 years. So how can Saunders possibly be their step-mom???? Are they trying to tell us that the bio-dad divorced the bio-mom....then went on to marry Saunders....and then divorced Saunders....and then the boys continued to live with Saunders, their presumed Step-mother??? Yeah-no... I don't think so. I think Saunders is their bio-mom. In fact one of the neighbors interviewed earlier claimed she went to high school with both Pasquale's dad and Saunders (Justin's mom). I could be wrong -- it just would be unusual. not unheard of -- just unusual.

I do sorta get it that the police were lucky with this one -- had Saunders not turned her sons in, very likely the trash would have been picked up and would have gone to the landfill. It's possible however that she still would have been found there -- especially given her age and size.

I'm torn -- because even thought the process was not without flaw-- I really do think they seemed to jump on the situation as they should. Perhaps it wasn't as fast as they wanted --- but I bet Autumn would have said the same about her own parents. Autumn likely felt her parents didn't call the police to help find her as fast as she would have wanted.

lol thank you. I just found it strange that a retired LE would go to the prosecutor and not his former colleagues.... find something hinky... that he gave tips that were ignored... he took part in the search... he spoke to Justin... etc...

I realize that the news gets things wrong just wanted to point out the part that said it was a step mom..

I don't understand why Autumn parents would hire a criminal defence atty.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

justanopinion wrote:
Stolat wrote:

lol thank you. I just found it strange that a retired LE would go to the prosecutor and not his former colleagues.... find something hinky... that he gave tips that were ignored... he took part in the search... he spoke to Justin... etc...

I realize that the news gets things wrong just wanted to point out the part that said it was a step mom..

I don't understand why Autumn parents would hire a criminal defence atty.

hmmm... do you think there is potentially any ramifications against the family for the fact that they had no earthly idea where their child was for 9 hours?? Could there be any perceived child negligance charges as backlash to their inquiries that they are lawyering up for in advance?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Teen suspects in Autumn Pasquale's murder kept in juvenile detention

By Carly Q. Romalino/ South Jersey Times Gloucester County Times
on October 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM, updated October 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Gloucester County Assistant Prosecutor speaks at Robinson boys detention hearing

Three days after Donte Robinson, 17, and his brother Justin Robinson, 15, were charged with murder in connection with 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale's death, the teens made their first appearance before Judge Colleen Maier at the Family Division of Gloucester County Superior Court in Woodbury.

Maier determined at the detention hearing on Friday morning, which was closed to the public and media, that the teen boys should remain detained in the Camden County Youth Center, which is where they've been kept since they were arrested on Tuesday.

~Snipped~

The teens will have a third detention hearing on Nov. 16 at 11 a.m., Jeneby said.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/teen_suspects_in_autumn_pasqua.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Autumn Pasquale funeral: Procession begins to cemetery

By South Jersey Times Gloucester County Times
on October 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM, updated October 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 11766599-standard
Anthony Pasquale and his girl friend Cheryl Evans enter Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Glassboro for the the viewing and funeral of his daughter 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale, Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012. (Staff Photo by Tim Hawk/South Jersey Times)
Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 11766605-standard
Mourners cry after leaving the viewing for 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Glassboro, Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012. (Staff Photo by Tim Hawk/South Jersey Times)

CLAYTON — "There is a large funeral procession traveling from Glassboro," spoke a woman's voice through scratchy, static police dispatch over the police scanner moments ago, cautioning police of traffic conditions around Gloucester County.

"It's heading into Clayton."

The procession will stop at Cedar Green Cemetery on Academy Street.

It began at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Glassboro where hundreds of residents, family members and friends visited to pay their respects to Autumn Pasquale, the 12-year-old girl who was found murdered less than one week ago, following an extensive two-day search.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_funeral_proces.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Autumn Pasquale funeral: Viewing ends, ceremony begins

By South Jersey Times Gloucester County Times
on October 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM, updated October 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM

CLAYTON — The smell of flowers soon faded as they were carried out of the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Glassboro by the Barclay Funeral Home workers, Saturday afternoon.

The flowers were arranged to resemble a bicycle, two soccer balls and an ice cream cone, all symbols of a joyous childhood that Autumn Pasquale loved. They were transported moments ago to the Cedar Green Cemetery on Academy Street in Clayton, where Autumn will be buried.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_funeral_viewin.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Brothers accused of killing Clayton girl Autumn Pasquale, 12, remain in custody

Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:01 pm | Updated: 7:02 am, Sat Oct 27, 2012.

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 50879852bb158.image
A photograph of Autumn Pasquale is seen as Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton addresses a gathering outside town hall Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012, in Clayton, N.J.

WOODBURY — Two teenage brothers accused of killing a 12-year-old New Jersey girl were ordered Friday to remain in a juvenile detention center, while the girl’s parents backed off their criticism of the way law enforcement had handled the case.

Friday’s detention hearing was the first court appearance for the teens since they were arrested Tuesday and charged with murdering Autumn Pasquale, who disappeared Oct. 20 in her hometown of Clayton.

The hearing was closed to the public and the media because it was in family court.

~Snipped~

Jeneby said her office intends to file papers to have the case moved to adult court. She said she did not expect the matter to be resolved for at least several weeks after that motion is made.

Read more:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/brothers-accused-of-killing-clayton-girl-autumn-pasquale-remain-in/article_6292f70a-1fe2-11e2-b7a1-001a4bcf887a.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Autumn Pasquale murder: Prosecutor seeks adult court for teen suspects

By Jessica Beym/South Jersey Times Gloucester County Times
on November 01, 2012 at 1:24 PM, updated November 01, 2012 at 2:32

The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office said today it will apply to have the two teen boys accused of killing Autumn Pasquale, 12, tried as adults.

The juvenile waiver application will be filed with Superior Court Judge Colleen A. Maier, who presides in the Gloucester County Family Division of the state court, the prosecutor's office announced. Bernie Weisenfeld, spokesman for the office, said they anticipate Judge Maier will schedule a hearing to determine whether waiver will be granted.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/11/autumn_pasquale_murder_prosecu.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Prosecutor wants adult trials in Autumn Pasquale killing

Edward Colimore, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 1:22 PM

Two teenage brothers who were charged in the strangulation of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale in Clayton, Gloucester County, should be tried as adults, county Prosecutor Sean Dalton said Thursday

A motion to have the suspects transferred will be filed in the next seven to 10 days with Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier of the Gloucester County Family Division of state court, Dalton said.

"It is the state's position, based upon the gravity of the juveniles' actions in causing the death of Autumn Pasquale, that these cases should be heard in adult court," Dalton said.

~Snipped~

If tried as adults, the brothers would face at least 30 years in state prison without parole, authorities said.

"The family is still in the healing process, and we support the decision of the Gloucester County prosecutor to seek involuntary transfer to adult court," said Jaime Kaigh, a Westmont lawyer and former assistant prosecutor who represents Autumn's family.

Read more:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20121101_Prosecutor_wants_accused_teen_killers_of_girl_tried_as_adults.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Autumn Pasquale's family rallies to block Gloucester County prosecutor reappointment, tweek missing minor laws

By Carly Q. Romalino/ South Jersey Times
on December 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM, updated December 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM

With painted signs seeking “Justice for Autumn,” the father, grandmother, godfather and others close to Autumn Pasquale rallied on the steps of the Statehouse in Trenton seeking attention for the Clayton girl’s murder and to block the reappointment of Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton to another term.

“We’re keeping Autumn’s name in the public,” said Daniel Kuehnl, a Pasquale family friend, early Friday morning as a dozen people met in Deptford to convoy to the state’s capital.

“A lot of people let Autumn down. A lot of people let the family down, and a lot of people let the Robinsons down,” Kuehnl said.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/12/autumn_pasquales_family_rallie.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Autumn Pasquale Killer Takes Plea Deal, Faces 17 Years

Justin Robinson waived himself to adult court and pleaded guilty Wednesday.

Posted by Bryan Littel (Editor) , August 07, 2013 at 04:29 PM

Autumn Pasquale, 12, of Clayton, NJ, Missing Since Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Page 2 63361382e2e19f2c7e4e02ffc350a920
Justin Robinson has pleaded guilty to killing Autumn Pasquale in October 2012.

Reported by Matt Skoufalos.

One of the two brothers accused of killing Clayton resident Autumn Pasquale in 2012 has voluntarily waived himself up to adult court and is taking a plea deal in the case, a source in the courtroom said Wednesday.

Justin Robinson, who was 15 when the incident occurred, will face the possibility of 17 years in state prison in pleading guilty to aggravated manslaughter, the source said.

In pleading guilty, Robinson indicated in a signed statement he acted alone, and his older brother had no idea what was going on. Robinson also said his mother and stepfather weren't home when Pasquale was killed.

“I lured a girl I knew was Autumn to the house with Facebook messages,” Robinson said in court, where both his family and Pasquale's family were gathered. “I put my hands around her neck to choke her. I realized it could've caused her death, and I understand it did.”

Read more:

http://westdeptford.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/autumn-pasquale-killer-takes-plea-deal-face-17-years
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:31 pm

One Guilty Plea in October 2012 Killing of Autumn Pasquale

August 7, 2013 6:01 PM

By Ian Bush

CAMDEN, N.J. (CBS) — There was a guilty plea today from one of the teen brothers accused in the killing last year of a 12-year-old Gloucester County, NJ girl.

Camden County prosecutors say 16-year-old Justin Robinson told a Superior Court judge that he was solely responsible for the strangulation of Autumn Pasquale in October 2012.  He pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter.

“There will never be punishment commensurate with her brutal killing,” said Prosecutor Warren Faulk. “The best we can do is achieve some measure of justice.”

Read more:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/07/one-guilty-plea-in-october-2012-killing-of-autumn-pasquale/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 pm

NJ teen admits luring, strangling girl on bike

By GEOFF MULVIHILL — Aug. 7 5:52 PM EDT

~Snipped~

Faulk said the boy asked the girl to come to his home to possibly trade bike parts, but he declined to discuss a motive for the killing.

The state was willing to accept a plea deal for charges less than murder because of the complicated circumstances, he said.

Because of the boy's age at the time of the killing and his "diminished capacity," it was not a sure thing that a judge would have agreed that the case should be tried in adult court, Faulk said.

While there was forensic evidence that places Autumn's death in Robinson's house, there was not clear evidence — other than the boy's admission — that he was the one who choked the girl to death, the prosecutor said.

Read more:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/nj-teen-admits-luring-strangling-girl-bike
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Teen gets 17 years in killing of Autumn Pasquale

Posted: September 14, 2013

Justin Robinson, who strangled 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale last year, was sentenced to 17 years in prison, "a gift" the victim's mother said the Clayton teen did not deserve.

Robinson, 16, who had confessed, apologized, saying it was a "mistake." Robinson's mother said that her son was not the "monster" portrayed in the community and that he is remorseful.

Robinson's sentence was negotiated as part of a plea agreement. Had his case gone to trial, he could have faced 30 years.

His brother, Dante, who was 17 at the time of the killing, is charged in Juvenile Court with murder. It is not clear how that case will proceed.

Read more:  http://articles.philly.com/2013-09-14/news/42044375_1_autumn-pasquale-jennifer-cornwell-justin-robinson
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Autumn Pasquale killing: Dante Robinson released from jail, pleads guilty to obstruction

September 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM, updated September 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Dante Robinson, initially charged in the death of Autumn Pasquale, was released from a youth correctional facility Tuesday, according to sources close to the case.

In afternoon court proceedings, Dante, of Clayton, pleaded to fourth-degree obstruction in Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier’s courtroom. The teen, who has been in the Camden County Youth Correction Facility since last fall, was sentenced to six months in jail and released with time served, according to a confidential source.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2013/09/autumn_pasquale_murder_donte_robinson_released_from_jail_pleads_to_obstruction_charge.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2