Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias-- Court Documents

+10
Mylife101
Alessandra_Deux
auman58
carlakay
Calypso
Mari 68
justanopinion
18thcenturylady
tesstruhart
Weeziethm
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias-- Court Documents Empty Jodi Arias-- Court Documents

Post by Calypso Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Please provide links with your documents~
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias-- Court Documents Empty Re: Jodi Arias-- Court Documents

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:29 pm

TRAVIS ALEXANDER - AUTOPSY REPORT

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

POLICE REPORT - TRAVIS ALEXANDER DEATH

http://www.azcentral.com/kpnx/pdf/jodi_arias0911.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks, Freckles!!

POLICE FILES:

http://morbitbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/03/police-files-on-jodi-arias.html#more
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:18 am

Thank you, Alessandra_Deux!!
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:56 am

photo oo2_zps454b18d3.jpg

photo oo3_zps9ed7b68d.jpg

photo oo4_zpsb9b8bddd.jpg
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm

photo Screenshot2013-03-05at100757AM_zpsd2d7719e.png
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Hat Tip to Bermstalker @mydeathspace.com

After lunch
Judge asked attorneys for approach right away. I think Jodi needs a hair wash. The court is having issues, so we are in break until it's fixed.
Jury comes in then she makes them leave again.
Jodi is on the stand. The judge will be reading the questions off from the jury.
Judge is giving the jury instructions.

1.Did T pay for the trips? Split 50/50
2. If he did, was that a factor in your choices? No Travis planned the trips
3. Was it his money? His choices, the money was 50/50. Sometimes I would make it up in housekeeping
4. Why did you put the camera in the washer? IDK
5. Did you ever take pictures of yourself after he hit you? No
6.Why did you call the cops on your ex, but not Travis? Travis hung up the phone when I tried to call 911 once before.
7. Why did you sleep with him after the pedo issues? It was not a side of Travis he wanted to be. Jodi thought she was helping him be a better man.
8. Why didn't you just change your gmail password? It wasn't a problem. She did eventually change them on May 22, 2008.
9. Did Travis closet doors have locks on them? IDK
10. How did you have time to get the gun? IDK if he was right behind me. I sensed he was chasing after me
11. Did you record other sex phone conversations? YES
12. Dyed hair and Ryan Burns-Ryan got the month wrong.
13. Why did you feel uncomfortable with anal sex with Travis when you had done it before? They were long term relationships. Travis loved anal.
14. You took pictures of the shirts and shorts, why not the spidey? No, it was embarrasing
15. You told OG you didn't want to have sex anymore, then why did you have sex with Travis? Mormon's preached to her about the vow. Travis explained everything about sex to her.
16. Travis stated on the phonesex that he didn't like spiderman-why did he buy you spidey underwear? IDK. There was a child Travis was close with.
17. Why would you tell Leslie you wanted your kids to play with Travis' kids if he was a pedo? I didn't want to say bad things about him.
18. If you had brusies, why didn't anyone say anything to you? Jodi tells the jury-that's not true. A PPL assoicate made a joke about it because he seen the bruises.
19. If you are so nearsighted, how are you able to drive? No danger to drive. Tried them and knew I needed them.
20. Travis' text EX 444- the man-who is he? Steve Carrol.
21. Did Travis think it was someone you lied about? I think he did
22. Why did you take the pictures so much later (the underwear and shirt)? They were taken in July. They were special to Jodi and she knew people suspected her.
23. Did you read the book of Mormon throughly? I did. It took 8 mths. Then read it again.
24. Does the book talk about the law of chasisity? IDK for sure. Whoredom's and unclean is what it mentions
25. Who started contact after the breakups with boyfriends? Let's start with the first one. Bobby? Back and forth. Then Jodi admits she wanted to get back together because she bought him groceries. (Judge rereads the question again for the juror's headset that went out)
Matt? They broke up. Jodi sent him an email.
OG? There was no break up right away. There was no sex and OG moved. OG contacted her for bills.
Travis? Back and forth. Travis called her the next day.
26. How far is Crater Lake from Ashland? 70 miles
27. How far is Medford to Crater lake? Same
28. Medford to Ashland- same
29. How did you know Victor's family? Jodi was on an exchange program
30. Explain your dad slapping you? Jodi was sneaking out of the house. Jodi got caught by the dog. Jodi told him she didn't know and he smacked her
31. How do you and your mom get along today? Complicated and strained. Jodi loves her.
32. What about your father? Not close. I love him. I love him better when we don't see each other much
33. The jury members wants Jodi to run throught the attack on June 4th using the floor plan!
She's basically saying what she said in court. (BS) (no emotion at all) She doesn't remember anything.
34. The gun you bought 9mm-camping trip-who was going? 2 dishwashers, Calvin and IDK his name, and a prep cook
35. Why were you planning on going if you were scared? I was just cautious.
36. Were you paid for the interview with 48 hours? NO
37. Inside edition? No
38. Flores EX 503- Photos shaving- what did he use that he liked? The photo on myspace
39. Jodi calling matt and OG. Why didn't you leave messages or text? She was looking for her phone charger. She wouldn't have told them anyway. Matt didn't like Travis
40. Cell phone lost. Where was it found? She left it in her grandpa's car getting food. 2010 was when it was found. Jodi points out the aunt in court.
41. Have you taken long trip by yourself before? Only along hwy's I knew well.
42. How often did you take trips? She liked road trips. IDK
43. During you take extra gas cans with you on other trips? Only when I moved to the desert.
44. Where did you gas cans? I got from OG. Past gas cans-OG
45. When Travis hit Jodi's car. Tell us about it. May 2007. Road Rage
46. Why did you confront Travis after seeing him with another woman if you were not jealous? Jodi felt like they were getting back together. Jodi just wanted to know where he stood
47. Why were you so upset you needed to call your father? I didn't want to, I wanted to call my sister.
48. An earlier failed attempt with rope. What happened? (Now Jodi just gets on to the judge)
He handled it fine. He used twine
49. Did Travis' dog bark? Yes
50. Did the dog usually bark with loud noise? Only when somebody knocked or doorbell
51. Why stay with him if he sex with you while you were sleeping? I was in love with Travis. Jodi didn't care.
52. When did you find out Travis had a gun? Fall 2007.
53. Did the police ever find grandpa's gun? No
54. Why did you put Travis in the shower? I can only guess
55. Do you know what time you left Travis' house on June 4? IDK
56. What happened to the clothes you were wearing? IDK
57. Why was June 4th so different? Travis was different and I felt for my life
58. Would it be fair to say you were upset he was taking somebody else to cancun? NO
59. Why did you send grandma flowers? Bad idea.
60. Why did you take the rope and gun? IDK.
61. Did you lock his door when you left? IDK
62. Did you try to clean up the scene? IDK but based on the evidence I did
63. How did you not mess up his shelf getting the gun? I just stepped on the edge
64. If you shot Travis first, how did the casing land on blood? I don't believe it did. We stuggled
65. Why didn't you run to get away after you shot him? (Jodi's getting snotty) I didn't know I shot him
66. Why didn't you call 911? I was scared what would happen to me
67. If Travis attacked you, why not tell the truth from the start? It's complicated. I was protecting his image
68. Where you kneeling when you dropped the camera? Yes
69. Was Travis wet when he attacked you? Yes
70. Did he slip? I didn't see him slip
71. Why didn't you run in the closet door that was close? Blah, easier.
72. How tall is Travis' ceiling? No
73. Was the gun in a holster? IDK
74. Why don't you remember stabbing Travis? I can't explain why my mind did what it did
75. Suicide-Why mention no jury would ever convict me? I was confident I would be dead
76. Were you forced to answer to the interview questions? I was not forced
77. Do you have any pictures of your finger injuries with time stamps? Um, no not really
78. Do you have any pictures wearing a splint? No
79. Did anybody ever see you wearing a splint? Maybe
80. When did you realize you had memory lost? June 4th when I pulled over.
81. Did you have an attorney prior to the interview with CBS? No. Sort of. Maybe
82. Cheaper gas. Why did you fill gas up in Pasadena? Jodi said she clips coupons.
83. FHE-You were never told about other forms of sexual no-no's? Travis explained later.
84. Did you know Travis didn't like John D prior to your first date? No
85. Why were you willing to get involved with 2 men at the same time? It was hard to break away from Travis.
86. Video on June 4th-Did you take your camera out of the car that day? Both statements were true.
87. Why did you contuine to speak to Travis when you knew you two were not connecting? uh, blah. Travis still cared.
88. What is your understanding of the word skank? Nasty word (best question ever)
89. Why did you share housing with Matt while you were seeing Travis? Matt and Jodi were just friends
90. Were there any girls you could share a room with? NO
91. How can you be a sister with Matt when you had sex with him? Yes, it sounds strange. We are friends. (blah blah blah)
92. Why didn't you read the book of Mormon to see what you were allowed to do? I did. blah
93. Why did you ask Travis about everything you did? I don't understand
94. Why did you start a relationship with Ryan Burns? I wasn't Travis' girlfriend
95. Why can't you remember when Travis lent you money, but you remember in detail about when you lent him money in great detail? I do remember
96. What was different about June 4th that you had to kill him? It was a very different event. He just would not stop
97. Injuries- Explain where they were? Ankles were bleeding. The back of her head. The shoulder has never been the same. It hurts
98. Did your mgr have you fill out any forms when you cut your fingers? It was a small company
99. Who was the main factor to your decision to move-Travis or Rachel? Travis
100. Heard his footsteps. If you were not sure, why didn't you just leave? I'm not sure. blah
101. Why would you take the time to delete the photos off the camera after you killed Travis? IDK
102. What happened to the knife after you dropped it? IDK
103. Why didn't you use a wall charger before you left? Travis did not have one
104. Did you ever stay at Travis' house when he wasn't there? Yes, babysit the dog
105. How were you so calm on the tv interviews? I pretend I am calm
106. Why didn't you confess if you believed Travis' family deserved the truth? Protect his name
107. Why didn't Travis record the phone sex? Travis' phone couldn't do it
108. Why would you go look for a place to be tied up to a tree? I was just trying to please Travis.
109. If you dropped the camera on a bathmat, how did it roll? Oh the bathroom is smaller than this diagram shows
110. Was the video parts of Travis' fantansy? Yes
111. Did you ever voice your concern to Travis about his sex games? Yes, on the hood of a car
112. Why didn't you tell Ryan you were going to AZ? Jodi didn't want Ryan to know.
113. Did you get pleasure during the sex? Yes
114. Why do you carry your diary around with you? No one else read her diaries. She thought it was safe
115. Laws of attraction important but Law of Chasitiy was not? I thought I was following the law
116. Do the laws of attraction also apply to recording phone sex recording? Uh, yeah, maybe.
117. You said before you never write negative things in your diary, then you stated you tear bad things out-Did you write negative things or not in your diary? Uh both. (the juror called her on this one)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Crime and Court News:

Crime scene pics, JA's driver's license, other pics.
Extensive coverage and live court:

http://crimeandcourtsnews.blogspot.com/p/warning-graphic-nude-and-autopsy-photos.html#.UTxFuoy9KK0
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Journal entries, phone records

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/media/cs71_zps7c624648.jpg.html?sort=3&o=47
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:13 pm

DUCT TAPE
Evidence marker # 40
found in laundry room:

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?10763-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death/page1709
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Matt MacCartney Letter:

Post 883:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462&page=36

" I was Jodi’s boyfriend for around two years and in that time, she wouldn’t so much as squish a bug. I caught her on many occasions, fishing bugs out of the tub, so they wouldn’t get washed down the drain. She had this crazy neurotic cat, that would flip out and attack her for no reason and she didn’t so much as swat it. Jodi is NOT a violent person!

When we ended our relationship, I was living and working at a distance. During that period, I began spending time with a colleague. One of my douche bag coworkers decided to “inform” her. There was lots of crying, many talks and a few letters. She was NEVER VIOLENT in any way. We remained friends and since then, she had a few other relationships ending with Travis. I personally know the man she was with before Travis. He and Jodi maintained a friendly relationship after they parted. He also had NO issues with violence. So why now? What changed?

Before Jodi was arrested we would talk on a regular basis. I am one of her longest lasting friends and former lovers. I could be a important character witness. At one point, I asked Jodi to leave me out of this situation, so as not draw attention to myself or my new family and since then, she has.

Her life is on the line. She could get the death penalty. Yet she’s made it a point not to involve me.
Why? Because I asked her not to….

That is the kind of person Jodi is!”
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Don't have the date on this:
TA message to JA:

"You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared out [sic] me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjour you are sick and you have scamed [sic] me."

"You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to [sic] read it could you. That's the sociopath I know so well. It freakin figures."

"I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you [sic] understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me."~ Travis Alexander"
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 pm

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/pe/guestbook.aspx?n=travis-alexander&pid=111722519&page=103

"June 15, 2008
My dear Travis,
I don't know how I can go on without you.I am so grateful you came to my home when you were 8 years old to live with me.We had many happy times together,you were an easy boy to raise,and a great young man.It was a pleasure to be your grandmother.I will always love you.....Mummum.
~ Norma Sarvey, Riverside, California "

" June 17, 2008
My dearest Travis, words cannot express the deep loss I feel, knowing I will never be able to hear your voice again. I still can't believe I spoke to you last June 3rd. I wish you were still here ...but at the same time I am so relieved to know that you are with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know you'll be successful up there ;) as you were down here. I always think about you and everytime I visit the temple, I'll think of you even more. I love you so much and I am so grateful for "our time" that you and I were able to be together... I'm still keeping my end of our promise and naming my first son after you :) I love you forever T-dogg. Thank you for being my anchor and light. I love you Angel.

*i'll be seeing you...*
~
Krischelle,
Mission Viejo, California "
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm

JA's newest bf:
Bryan Carr: Arrest record

" Bryan C. Carr, 21, 160 Village Gate Blvd., Apt. 106, Pataskala, was indicted on one count of burglary, a third-degree felony.

Authorities allege Carr trespassed in the Village Gate apartment of a woman with the purpose of committing a theft on Oct. 26.

Bond was set at $5,000 cash or surety, with the following conditions: No contact with the alleged victim and no contact with the co-defendant. Arraignment was scheduled for Nov. 16. "

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Newarktrash/message/1335

Does Bryan have a brother named Ryan?

" BOND HEARINGS

Ryan P. Carr, 22, last known address 2520 Sawbury Blvd., Columbus, was indicted on one count each of arson and insurance fraud, fourth-degree felonies.

Authorities allege Carr set fire to his car on April 11 while parked at the Lobdell Reserve, near Alexandria, and later filed a false insurance claim.

Bond was set at $20,000 cash or surety. Arraignment was scheduled for Nov. 16. "
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 am

Jury Questions w/out Answers:

1) did Mr. Alexander pay for a majority of your trips? If he did pay was that a factor in your choices for example introduction to others and sleeping arrangements?
2) why did you put the camera in the washer?
3) did you ever take pictures of yourself after he hit you?
4) why did you call the cops on your ex when he shook you but you never called the cops on Travis?
5) why would you continue to sleep with Travis after you learned of his child porn issues?
6) why didn't you just change your gmail password so Travis could not get into it anymore?
7) did Travis' closet doors have locks in them? If no, how did you have time to get the gun down If he was chasing after you?
8) did you ever record other phone sex conversations?
9) Ryan burns testified that he met you at a ppl event in April 2008 and you had blonde hair. How is that possible if you dyed it in March 2008?
10) why did you feel so uncomfortable about anal sex with Travis when you had previously tried it?
11) you took pictures of the shirt and shorts. Did you take pictures of the Spider-Man underwear? If no, why not?
12) you told Darryl you wanted to abstain from sex until you were married. If so, why did you have sex with Travis?
13) Travis stated on the phone sex conversation that he didn't like Spider-Man. Why did he but you Spider-Man underwear if he did not like that character?
14) why would you tell Leslie you wanted your kids to play with Travis' kids if you knew he was into younger children?
15) if you had bruises that were visible after the April 2008 incident why did nobody else said anything to you about those bruises?
16) if you were so near sighted how were you able to drive?
17) in Travis' text to Jodi exhibit 444 he talks about the mysterious man you've never seen before who wrote for you. Who is this man and why is he bringing it up? Did Travis think it was someone you lied about?
18) you took a picture of the t shirt and pink shorts but not the boys underwear. Why were the pictures taken so much later?
19) you testified that Travis gave you the book if Mormon at Starbucks. Did you read it? If so when?
20) does the Book of Mormon go into detail regarding the law of chastity?
21) who initiated contact after the various breakups: Bobby, Matt, Darryl and Travis. start with Bobby.
22) how far is Crater Lake from Ashland? How far is Medford from Crater Lake? How far is Medford from Ashland?
23) how did you know Victor Arias' family?
24) please explain the events again that led up to your dad slapping you during the incident that you described earlier?
25) what is your relationship w your father like today?
26) would it be possible to have Jodi run through the attack on 6-4-08 using the floor plan exhibit 249?
27) regarding the 9mm gun purchased on July 1 2008, you mentioned a camping trip as one of the reasons for the purchase. Who was going on that trip?
28) why were you planning on going if you were scared?
29) were you paid for the interview with 48 hours?
30) were you paid for the interview with inside edition?
31) in an interview w detective Flores, exhibit 503, you talk to him about taking photos of Travis while he was shaving. You stated "he must have liked it because he used it on his myspace page." Can you explain what he used?
32) you said you tried to call Matt and Darryl about your change in plans regarding going to Mesa but said they did not answer. Why didn't you just leave a message or text them?
33) you testified that you reported you cell phone lost in may of 2008. When and where was it found?
34) have you take long trips by yourself in the past, such as the in from California to Arizona to Utah in June of 2008?
35) how often did you take such trips?
36) during the trips you took, did you take extra gas cans with you?
37) of you took has cans with you where did you get them?
38) during your testimony you mentioned Travis had hit your car once. Can you tell us about that incident?
39) why did you confront Travis after seeing him with another woman through his backyard window if it wasn't because of jealousy?
40) if you simply wanted to know where you stood because he was courting you back, why were you so upset that you needed to call your father about the incident the next day?
41) you mentioned an earlier failed attempt using rope during a sexual encounter. Can you tell us what happened that day, when this occurred and how Travis handled the failure?
42) did Travis' dog usually bark when someone came into the house?
43) did the dog usually bark with loud unexplained noises,?
44) why would you continue to stay with someone who had sex w you while you were sleeping?
45) when did you find out Travis had a gun?
46) to your knowledge did police ever find your grandfathers gun that was stolen?
47) why did you place Travis' body back in the shower?
48) do you know what time you left Travis house on June 4 2008?
49) What happened to the clothes you were wearing on June 4 2008?
50) you say Travis had attacked you previously but would apologize to you after he did it. So why was the June 4 2008 incident different?
51) you and Travis continued to talk on the phone after you moved back to yreka, including phone sex. Would it be fair to say you were upset he was taking another woman to cancun?
52) why did you send his grandmother flowers?
53) why did you take the rope and gun with you?
54) did you lock Travis' bedroom door when you left on June 4 2008?
55) did you try and clean up the scene after you left on June 4 2008?
56) if you climbed on the shelf to grab the gun in a hurry, how is it that nothing is disorganized on Travis' closet?
57) if you shot Travis first, how did the casing land on blood?
58) after you shot Travis, why not run out of the house to get away?
59) why didn't you call 911?
60) if Travis attacked you on June 4 why not just tell police the truth from the start?
61) were you kneeling when you dropped the camera?
62) when Travis stepped out if the shower to attack you was he wet? If so did he slip at all on the tile in the bathroom or hallway?
63) when entering the closet why did t you just open the door closest to you?
64) do you know how tall the ceiling in Travis' closet was?
65) was the gun in a case or just laying on the shelf?
66) why is it that you have no memory of stabbing Travis?
67) whether you had plans to commit suicide or not, why even mention "no jury will ever convict me, mark my words, because I am innocent" in the interview?
68) in your interviews you gave on tv, were you forced to answer all of the questions they asked you?
69) you have pictures of your other finger injuries with time stamps. Do you have a picture of your [left ring] finger injury with a timestamp?
70) do you have pictures of you wearing a finger splint?
71) did anyone see you wearing a finger splint?
72) when did you realize that you had memory loss? The approximate date.
73) did you have an attorney prior to the interview w CBS?
74) you said you got the 2 gas cans so you could fill up in Nevada or Utah where gas was cheaper than California. Why did you fill up in Pasadena?
75) in all of the three hour church sessions, family home evenings, missionary discussions and other church events, you were never told or under the impression that other forms of intercourse, anal or oral, were forbidden?
76) did you know Travis did not like John Dixon prior to your date w John Dixon?
77) why were you willing to get involved w two men at the same time?
78) when you were asked about the video you made with Travis having sex on june 4 2008 you said you used your camera but later when you were asked about your camera you said the camera stayed in the car all day. Which of these 2 is true?
79) when you realized that you did not connect like you had expected, why did you continue to speak to Travis?
80) what is your understanding of the word "skank"?
81) why did you share housing with Matt at the time you were in a relationship w Travis?
82) were there any girls living there that you could've roomed with?
83) how could you be a sister to Matt, a man you'd had sex with in the past?
84) why didn't you read the Book of Mormon to see what you were and weren't allowed to do?
85) why did you ask Travis about everything you did? (Question skipped bc defendant didn't understand)
86) why did you start a relationship with Ryan Burns when you said earlier "when I am with one guy I don't see other guys"?
87) why is it you can't remember when Travis lent you money, but you remember the exact amount you lent him all three times?
88) why did you think that the incident that happened on June 4 2008 was any different than the ones before, such that you had to kill him to protect yourself?
89) you mentioned injuries that would not have been seen by others when you were in Utah in June of 2008. Can you go into detail as to where they were and how you received them?
90) when you injured yourself at casa Roma's rotating glasses, did your supervisor have you fill out any firms to document the injury for workers compensation purposes?
91) who was the main factor in your decision to move from Big Sur/palm desert to Mesa-Rachel or Travis?
92) you testified that you heard his footsteps. If you weren't sure why didn't you just run downstairs and out the door?
93) why would you take the time to delete the photos off of the camera after you killed Travis?
94) you stated you remember dropping the knife and hearing it hit the tile. What happened to the knife after that?
95) if your phone died while at Travis', why not use a wall charger to charge your phone before you got on the road?
96) in your email to Travis after June 4 of 2008, you told him you would sleep in his bed while he was in cancun. Did you ever sleep in his bed when he wasn't there?
97) how is it that you are so calm on the television interviews?
98) you stated in the 48 hours interview that Travis' family deserved to know the truth. If you really believed that why didn't you confess then?
99) if Travis wanted the phone sex conversations recorded why didn't he record them?
100) if you didn't want to be tied up to a tree why did you go and look for a place to do that?
101) if you dropped the camera on the bathmat, how is it that it rolled all the way in front of the bathtub?
102) on the phone sex tape when Travis was talking about taking photos and video was that all part of his fantasy?
103) did you ever voice any concern to Travis about being uncomfortable with any of his sexual fantasies?
104) why didn't you call Ryan and tell him you were going to Arizona when you decided you were going to Arizona?
105) you testified to many times where you performed sexual favors with Travis to keep him pleased and happy. Are you saying you never got pleasure out of sex w Travis?
106) why would you continue to carry around your journals with you if you thought it was possible others like Travis might find them and read them?
107) why were the laws of attraction so important to follow but the law if chastity was not?
108) do the laws if attraction also apply to recording phone sex conversations?
109) you stated there were times that Travis made you tear out pages where you had written negative things about him. Right before that you stated you would never write negative things about Travis in your journal. Which is correct?
110) can we see other examples of when you called men you did not have romantic interest in "hottie biscotti"? Are there texts, IMs, or emails?
111) if you weren't going to marry Travis because of the January 21 and 22 2008 events, why stay with him at all?
112) do you feel the guys in your life cheated on you because you were controlling?
113) were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?
114) how is it that you remember so many of your sexual encounters including your ex boyfriends but you don't remember stabbing Travis or dragging his body?
115) during cross examination you were asked if you were crying when you stabbed Travis and you said no. How would you know if you had a memory gap at that time?
116) you said you bought a gun to commit suicide but never ended up doing so. What stopped you from doing so?
117) you stated you wouldn't want kids with Travis because you would be worried about them. Why then did you tell Leslie you couldn't wait for your kids and Travis' kids to play together at future ppl events?
118) a lot of your answers to the questions you were asked made it seem like you put Travis' feelings and priorities before your own. If that were true why didn't you call for help after you shot Travis?
119) why did you decide to tell the truth two years after the killing?
120) what made you change you mind and tell everyone about Travis' secret-the child picture?
121) you said you were sick to your stomach when you saw Travis with child pictures, so why did you sleep with him again?
122) would you classify your relationship with Travis Alexander as a love/hate relationship?
123) on June 4 2008 after you got up and ran toward the bathroom closet is it possible that Travis picked up the camera and moved it? Could that also explain the delay in his arrival and his anger at the closet door threshold?
124) given that there are guiding principles such as the law of attraction and passing down journals to future generations do you feel the Mormon church encourages burying the truth about issues that may be considered embarrassing?
125) can you give a few examples of what might be considered negative other than those already discussed?
126) how do you determine when you will tell the truth and when you will not tell the truth? What are the determining factors?
127) when did you find Travis' gun? Was it kept loaded in the closet?
128) today, March 5 2013, you stated before lunch that you think you filled the car up first. If you did have the third gas can, as we saw in several hypothetical situations after lunch, do you see it possible to put 8.301 gallons if gas in the car exhibit 237.011 and then 9.59 gallons and 2.74 gallons for a total of 12.368 gallons in the remaining 3 gas cans exhibits 237.012 and 237.013
129) you have described that sex was a way for Travis to relieve stress and later testified that sex was a way to relieve anger. Which is true? How do you know that?
130) would a screwdriver be required to take off the license plates
131) did you find it strange that only your license plate was messed with in that parking lot?
132) if you were travelling to a place you had never been before, meaning Utah, why didn't you map out different towns that would have gas or rest stations?
133) did you ever see a doctor for your memory issues?
134) if you were scared if Travis' anger and violence why would you go upstairs when he was banging his head when you knew he was already mad?
135) did Travis ever tell you he kept his gun loaded?
136) if you did not think the gun was loaded why chance grabbing a gun that might not be loaded? Instead of just running outside?
137) you stated that when you walked out of Starbucks you did not notice anything wrong with the car. How us it that the back license plate ended upside down?
138) why did you plan on going to see John Dixon when you were on your way to Utah to see Ryan?
139) how many men are you willing to be involved with at the same time
140) did you ever seek medical help for your mental condition? Have you ever taken medication for your memory issue? Did you ever tell anyone about your condition prior to the killing?
141) you told us you weren't able to make out the license plate leaning up against the curb because you are nearsighted. What is your prescription in each eye?
142) did anyone ever see you shaking?
143) so any of your journal entries discuss you shaking, blacking out or getting scrambled?
144) you claim to have memory lapses or gaps during times of stress or when you're being grilled. How is it you have such specific memories of violence and yelling by Travis such a long time ago if this is the case

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462&page=35
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 am

Proposed Settlement:
July 7, 2011
8 pgs

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-state-vs-jodi-arias-travis-alexander-murder-trial/defendants-settlement-conference-memorandum/441748559234625
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 am

Court Testimony:
Juan Martinez, follow-up question from jury questions:
March 7, 2013

JA: I WAS NEVER IN SLC.
Juan Martinez: pulls out the receipts from SLC.

JM: You were there right?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 am

Freckles wrote:Don't have the date on this:
TA message to JA:

"You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared out [sic] me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjour you are sick and you have scamed [sic] me."

"You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to [sic] read it could you. That's the sociopath I know so well. It freakin figures."

"I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you [sic] understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me."~ Travis Alexander"

The date is 05/26/08. Exactly one week before Jodi murdered Travis.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 pm

June 9, 2008
Det Flores:
Phone calls with Jodi Arias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXxck9IiFQ
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Nurmi asked the court to consider allowing the lie detector test results to be admitted; judge has deferred:

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/435744023186956

Amber Valenti-Gloverposted toThe State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
Sunday at 21:35 ·

I am posting this in response to a question that I had seen regarding JA taking a polygraph test...It got my mind rolling so I did some research and this is what I found. I have no idea if she actually took a polygraph or not...I don't want this to misinterpreted at all...

MINUTE ENTRY/ RULING - SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA MARICOPA COUNTY

The Court has considered the defendant's Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Polygraph Results During Sentencing Phase filed May 31, 2012, the State's Response to Defendant's Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Polygraph Results During Sentencing Phase filed June 12, 2012 and the oral argument on July 12, 2012.

The defendant asserts the result of any polygraph examination she takes is admissible as mitigating evidence in the penalty phase.

The Arizona Supreme Court has held such evidence inadmissible because it does not relate to "any aspect of the defendant's character, propensities or record and any of the circumstances of the offense". A.R.S. 13-751(G); State v. Harrod, 218 Ariz. 268, Paragraphs 37-46, 183 P.3d 519 (2008).

In Harrod, the defendant sought to present the results of a polygraph examination and make statements of innocence during the penalty phase. The Supreme Court deemed this evidence, which it characterized as residual doubt evidence, to not be mitigation because it did not relate to the circumstances of the crime. The Court stated that "because the penalty phase does not determine whether a defendant is guilty, the 'circumstances of the offense' language in 13-7[51](G) does not authorize a defendant to present residual doubt evidence. Rather this language relates to such factors, among others, as to how a defendant committed first degree murder." 218 Ariz. at Paragraph 43. The Court held that the defendant in Harrod did not have a constitutional or statutory right to present residual doubt evidence at his penalty phase proceeding and therefore the trial court properly excluded the results of a polygraph examination. Id. at Paragraph 46.

Although the defendant does not explain exactly what her polygraph evidence will purport to show, the Court believes its purpose will be the same as that asserted in Harrod - to express her innocence of the crime. Such evidence is irrelevant in the penalty phase of a capital case.

IT IS ORDERED denying the defendant's Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Polygraph Results During Sentencing Phase.

This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov...ng/default.asp. Attorneys are encouraged to review Supreme Court Administrative Order 2011-140 to determine their mandatory participation in eFiling through AZTurboCourt.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Really need to photo shoot this!
Info on Def witnesses, occupations; order to compel receipts from Wal Mart, Tecoro (gas station in Salt Lake City); MM is NOT listed as a witness at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=442871932455621&l=530a0a9a0e
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Jodi Arias trial: Witnesses you may have missed

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/11/jodi-arias-trial-witnesses-experts

Also includes a link to 142 evidence photos
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:49 pm

New filing for records from Walmart and Tesoro
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=442871932455621&l=530a0a9a0e
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Could someone print this/photo it?
This refers to the letters, 10 pages.
Also, on this page, click the back button to get additional pages of the document.
Trouble getting the other links.

Re June 10, 2010, attempt to introduce letters with no chain of evidence; JA states needed to prove domestic violence between Nov 27, 2007-May 27, 2008.

June 18, 2008m State filed a motion for disclosure of original handwritten letters...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=262499520492864&set=a.226325870776896.54624.160510210691796&type=3&l=530a0a9a0e&permPage=1

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Travis Alexander Arrest Record Questioned; Police Checking If Brother Was Actually In Custody

Posted: 03/12/2013 3:45 pm EDT
Story plus 9 pages of court docs at bottom of page.

Clipped:
" The booking photo (seen above this article next to a photo of Travis Alexander) does not resemble other pictures of the victim. The sheriff's department is now taking seriously the claims that Dennis Alexander committed the crimes and used his brother's name when he was caught.

Police are comparing the fingerprint records from the arrest in question with prints on file from Dennis Alexander's other arrests. The department hopes to complete the verification process this afternoon or evening, Martinez said. "

" Alexander's brother said Monday that the records are incorrect.

Dennis Gregory Alexander, told HuffPost that he committed the crime and falsely identified himself to arresting police officers as Travis Alexander, then later passed himself off in court as his brother.

"That was a time in my life when I was addicted to drugs and was a real mess," Dennis Alexander said. "I was stealing Sudafed, an ingredient in manufacturing methamphetamines … It's something that I am ashamed of. I have been clean for almost 10 years and it's something Travis forgave me for a long time ago."
An undated photo of Dennis Gregory Alexander provided
by the Alexander family.

Dennis Alexander said the incident detailed in court documents took place in March 2002, at a store in Riverside, Calif. He said he was attempting to leave the store (Stater Bros.) with drugs when he was confronted by a security guard."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/12/travis-alexander-arrest-record_n_2861418.html?utm_hp_ref=los-angeles&ir=Los+Angeles&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Every family just gotta have a Billy Carter, don't they?
Feel bad for Samantha.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Travis Alexander:
He had used this incident of his identity being stolen by a family member in some of his motivational speeches.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/11/jodi-arias-trial-game-changer?clusterId=1411#videoplayer
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am

Calypso wrote: photo oo2_zps454b18d3.jpg

photo oo3_zps9ed7b68d.jpg

photo oo4_zpsb9b8bddd.jpg

IMO these are so powerful. They really put Travis in better perspective, and show that he was not some dog out for just a p-----of a--. I would think the jury would really like these. They show just how HE WAS HURT BY HER, not the other way around, and how he really tried to like her and she was such a liar and manipulator she "ruined his life". I think these emails are very very damaging to Jodi's case.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Could someone screen shoot these messages from Matt M where he admits stating he would lie for JA?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443092302433584&set=a.443092075766940.1073741831.160510210691796&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443092265766921&set=a.443092075766940.1073741831.160510210691796&type=1&theater
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Interesting find:

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?10763-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death/page1760

"NOTE ... she calls Travis ... IT 15:16

J: Who knows? At that point he had already almost killed me. I wasn't thinking when he almost killed me before that I was gonna possibly die, I was just thinking I couldn?t breathe, no air, that's all I could think of before I passed out, but it was later on I realized I could have died if he had just held on to my neck a little longer, so I didn't want that to happen, obviously, so I ran into the closet, and I slammed the door, and I intended to run through the opposite end of the door because it has another exit, and as soon as I got in there and began to run, I remembered where he kept a gun, so I grabbed it. I jumped up on the shelf. He kept it on the very top. I grabbed it and then I ran out the other door as he opening the door. And he ran, chasing me, and I turned around and pointed it at him so that it 15:16 would stop chasing me"
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

" 4:49 p.m. ET: Arias said she put gas in her rental car at some point during her drive in the desert, but she is unsure when she did it. She also said she doesn't really remembering put gas in the car.

4:47 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking Arias about her drive in the desert after killing Alexander. Arias said she doesn't remember when she stopped to clean herself up.

4:44 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

Martinez asked, “After you dropped the knife you took it with you, right?”

“Took it where?” asked Arias.

“I don’t know, I’m asking you, where did you take it?” asked Martinez.

“I have no idea,” said Arias.

4:42 p.m. ET: Arias said she remembers dropping the knife in the bathroom, because she heard it hit the tile.

4:41 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias what happened to the knife, and Arias said she doesn't remember.

4:40 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking she ever remembers having in the knife. Arias said at some point she does remember dropping the knife and screaming."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/13/shes-baack-day-18-jodi-arias-stand
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:15 pm

5:18 p.m. ET: Arias said the fight began downstairs, and then it continued up stairs.

5:16 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking about a fight she had with Alexander before they went on a hike.

5:14 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

5:13 p.m. ET:

Martinez asked: “Why don’t you tell us… what the mandate is involving lying?”

“Um… that more or less you’re condemned to hell,” said Arias.

“For lying, right?” Martinez asked.

“Yes,” said Arias.

5:12 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if she really follows the Book of Mormon using it as a guide for her life. She said that is not a yes or no answer.

5:11 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking Arias about The Mormon Law of Chasity. He is now showing Arias an excerpt of the Book of Mormon that mentions lying, and how people will be condemned to hell for lying.

5:05 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with judge Stephens.

5:04 p.m. ET: Arias said she tried her best to be a good Mormon, but she followed guidance Alexander gave her. Martinez is now asking Arias about what the Book of Mormon says about lying.

5:03 p.m. ET: Martinez is now asking Arias about how she has read the Book of Mormon. Arias said yes she has read it, but not the index.

“I didn’t read it cover-to-cover, I just read to the end of the Book of Mormon. But they have a huge index in the back that I didn’t read. Sorry,” said Arias.

Martinez asked: “You tried to be a good Mormon, right?”

“I did my best to appear that way,” said Arias.

5:02 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

5:01 p.m. ET:

“As you sit here today and you think about it, which is it: Was it in a holster or was it in a box?” asked Martinez.

“Well at that moment I didn’t have time to sit and examine it, I just grabbed it. I reached up – I didn’t get that high – I reached up my arm and grabbed it,” said Arias.

“I understand that you just reached up and grabbed it,” said Martinez. “I want to know if it was in a holster or not.”

“I can’t tell you,” said Arias.

5:00 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Nurmi seems to be objecting to every question Martinez asks Arias. One frequent objection Numi keeps using is augumentative.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking Arias about how she stepped on shelf to reach Alexander's gun. Arias said she doesn't remember exactly which shelf she stepped on. Martinez is pointing out that the shelves are resting shelves.

5:39 p.m. ET: Arias said she doesn't know if the gun was loaded on June 4, 2008.

“Did you believe or not believe that the gun was loaded?” asked Martinez.

“I didn’t stop to really think about whether it was loaded or not so I don’t now. I just… the only time the gun came to my head – I grabbed it and pointed it at him so he would halt,” said Arias.

5:37 p.m. ET: Now Martinez how Arias was able to grab the gun off the top shelf in Alexander's closet.

5:36 p.m. ET: Arias said yes she did tell Flores that Alexander did not own a gun, and that was a lie.

“Do you remember telling Detective Flores that Mr. Alexander did not have a gun?” asked Martinez.

“Yes I do,” said Arias.

“That was a lie, is that what you’re saying now?” asked Martinez.

“Yes,” said Arias.

5:34 p.m. ET: Martinez is now asking if Arias told detective Esteban Flores days after Alexander did not have a gun just days after he died.

5:30 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

5:28 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking Arias why she didn't call 911 when Alexander abused her. Arias said one of the reasons relates back to a situation that happened with her high school boyfriend.

Martinez asked: “Did anything stop you from calling 911?”

“Well in the heat of the moment, yeah, Travis did but afterward I could have,” said Arias.

“Sure you could have, right?” asked Martinez.

“Yes,” said Arias.

“And you didn’t though, right?” asked Martinez.

“That’s correct,” said Arias.

5:27 p.m. ET:

Martinez asked: “Isn’t it true that you knew it was wrong and you said, ‘I don’t care,’ even if it’s wrong – involving the sex – you’re going to do it anyway?”

“At one point, regarding when we would go all the way with vaginal sex, it reached a point where we did say that, yes,” said Arias.

5:25 p.m. ET: Martinez is now asking Arias about how she took guidance from Alexander about the Mormon Law of Chastity. He asked her if she ever told Alexander that "if it is wrong I don't want to be wrong." Arias said yes she did say that to Alexander.

5:22 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge. Martinez was asking about how Arias was offended by the language Alexander used during the fight.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 pm

5:49 p.m. ET:

“There’s really nothing here that’s out of order, wouldn’t you agree?” asked Martinez.

“I agree with that,” said Arias.

5:48 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if she stepped on that shelf, wouldn't it have tipped over, because they rest on little pins. Arias said the shelf did not tip over.

“Did you know that the rating on these shelves was 40 pounds? Did you know anything about that?”

At the time, Arias said she weight around 150 pounds.

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking Arias about how she stepped on shelf to reach Alexander's gun. Arias said she doesn't remember exactly which shelf she stepped on. Martinez is pointing out that the shelves are resting shelves.

Martinez asked: “Did you use anything to get up there or no?”

“Yes, I did,” replied Arias.

“What did you step on?” Martinez asked.

“I stepped briefly on the edge of the shelf and I held on to the edge of the shelf with my other hand and I grabbed the gun with my free hand,” said Arias.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 pm

5:55 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens has recessed court for the afternoon break. The live blog will resume when testimony picks back up at 6:10 p.m. ET. Our producer in the courtroom says it appears the attorneys are reviewing new questions from the jury.

5:54 p.m. ET: In Session's Beth Karas is in the courtroom, and she says the jurors have submitted yet more questions for Arias as Martinez grills her.

5:51 p.m. ET:

Martinez asked: “If he had already told you it was unloaded, then why did you think he was going to stop?”

“It was just a hope because it was my philosophy that if I had to look at the end of a barrel of a gun, I would stop. And I didn’t have time to sit and rationalize about whether or not he would care whether it was unloaded or loaded or what. I didn’t know, I just wanted him to stop,” said Arias.

5:50 p.m. ET:

#JuanMoreTime the prosecutor all over #JodiArias watch it NOW on @hlnmakingit ... He is on fire again today!

— Vinnie Politan (@VinniePolitan) March 13, 2013

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Could someone down load these pictures so everyone may see them?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/13/jodi-arias-outside-courtroom
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

6:36 p.m. ET: Martinez has finished his follow up questions, and there are no more questions from the jurors. Court has recessed until 1:30 p.m. ET Thursday.

6:35 p.m. ET: Nurmi has completed his follow up questions, and now Martinez is asking questions.

6:33 p.m. ET: Nurmi is now asking about whether Arias took pictures of her injuries to her neck in April 2008. Arias said Alexander choked her and it bruised her neck.

6:32 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

6:31 p.m. ET: Arias said Alexander told her to not go to her bishop about her sexual sin, and she claims that after Alexander died she did go to her bishop about her sexual sin, but did not mention killing him.

6:29 p.m. ET: Arias said she was not a perfect Mormon, and she is talking about what a Mormon does when they commit a "transgression." For serious transgressions Mormons should speak with their bishop. Arias said she tried to go to the bishop about her sexual sin with Alexander.

6:28 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Nurmi is now asking Arias follow up questions.

6:26 p.m. ET: Juror questions: How many phone calls and text message conversations did you have with Alexander June 2 through June 4, 2008. Arias is reviewing the phone records now.

6:25 p.m. ET:

Getting ready for our #jodijury as we cover #jodiarias on our new show#HLN After Dark at 10p et tonight! twitter.com/jenbernHLN/sta…

— Jen Bernstein Adams (@jenbernHLN) March 13, 2013

6:23 p.m. ET: Juror question: If you were scared after shooting Alexander, then why did you not shoot him again? Why did you use a knife?

Arias said Alexander knocked the gun out of her hand, and she said doesn't really remember what happened.

6:22 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens is reading additional questions from the jurors. The first juror question: How many times did you see Alexander's gun?

Arias said she saw it a few times before June 4, 2008.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 pm

IF she is convicted,
a mini- trial for sentencing.
AZ is second behind TX in execution;
all the women on death row are Caucasian.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/11/sbt-jodi-arias-what-if-shockers
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Can experts save Arias?
By Graham Winch
updated 2:19 PM EDT, Thu March 14, 2013

clipped--

"The defense will likely call domestic violence expert Alyce LaViolette, and clinical and forensic psychologist Richard Samuels to bolster Arias' claims she was abused and has mental lapses.

LaViolette’s testimony may support Arias’ claim that she was in an abusive relationship. She may also have an explanation for what motivated Arias to lie about killing Alexander.

Samuels will likely testify about the psychological toll Alexander’s alleged abuse could have taken on Arias. He may also address whether it is plausible for Arias, due to emotional trauma, to have memory lapses from the day she killed Alexander.

2:10 p.m. ET: Judge Sherry Stephens said she is going to recess the court, and will allow Martinez to interview Samuels during the break. The live blog will pick back up at 4:00 p.m. ET when court resumes.

2:09 p.m. ET:

#JodiArias is OFF the STAND ...18 days and over 5500 questions!

— Vinnie Politan (@VinniePolitan) March 13, 2013

2:08 p.m. ET: Willmott ended her argument by saying Samuels has not changed anything, and is not bringing anything new into the trial that hasn't been already been disclosed to Martinez. Martinez said the presentation has new information, and information they jury should not see.

2:04 p.m. ET: The research Samuels is using for the basis of his testimony is accepted in the medical community according to Willmott.

2:02 p.m. ET: Willmott is going through all the reasons why Samuels can testify about his opinions regarding Arias memory lapses.

1:59 p.m. ET: Willmott said Martinez can have time to review the power point slide, and Samuels can also testify about why he is qualified about his 30 years of experience in the field.

1:57 p.m. ET: Defense Jennifer Willmott said the reason why Martinez is objecting to Samuels presentation, because it is actually helpful for Arias. Willmott said Samuels is basically going to say Arias suffers from PTSD.

1:54 p.m. ET:

#JodiArias expert defense witness about to take stand. Watch #HLN for live coverage all day and tonight. #DrDrewOnCall #HLNAfterDark

— Dr. Drew(@DrDrewHLN) March 14, 2013

1:53 p.m. ET: Martinez is going through a laundry list of objections he has with Samuels power presentation.

1:50 p.m. ET: Martinez says Samuels has a power point presentation with slides that depict a quote from a study and another quote from Time magazine. He says these quotes are hearsay, and he hasn't had time to go over the study.

1:48 p.m. ET: The judge is on the bench. Prosecutor Juan Martinez is objecting to new information Samuels is about to present. He says it is a disclosure violation.

1:34 p.m. ET: Arias is in the courtroom, along with her attorneys, and defense witness Richard Samuels. The judge should be taking the bench shortly, when the jury is seated, we should begin with testimony from Richard Samuels, PH.D. Psychologist. He will be on direct examination. "

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/14/can-experts-save-jodi-arias
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Dr. Richard Samuels:
Appears to have a bit of a past...
pdf 4 pages

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/action/20000313_35SI00106000.pdf
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm

4:07 p.m. ET: Martinez is objecting to how Samuels was planning to explain the jury the differences between premeditated murder and a heat of passion murder.

4:06 p.m. ET: Martinez is explaining to the judge what he learned from talking to Samuels during the break.

4:01 p.m. ET: From our producer at the courthouse:

The attorneys are in a conference with the judge, camera coverage is not permitted for this hearing.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Going to an evidentiary hearing.Re instrumental/expressive murder later today or tomorrow.
Excerpts from Time magazine, Jan 28, 2011:

Jury coming in.
Power points will NOT go back to jury room for deliberations; copy for appeal purposes.
Power point for demonstration of different parts and functions of the brain.

-Judge: power-point exhibit;JM objects; Wilmott
May be used ONLY for changes to brain, parts of the brain, and what happens to the brain when under stress;
no copy of the slide for jury;

Last edited by Freckles on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Def expert witness: Richard M Samuels, Dr. of PHD of bio psychology; City of New York; he is a defense witness mostly; turned down a few cases; if he can't help someone, he tells them so the case can be stopped; hired prior to Dec 16, 2009;Nurmi hired him; he interviewed Jodi and tried to develop a rapport; met with JA over 12 times in 3 years; he never records from the meetings but he did record in his own writings;

5:03 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

5:01 p.m. ET: Wilmott is asking Samuels about the human bodies fight or flight response. Samuels is walking the jury through the biological changes in the body when someone prepares to defense themselves.

4:59 p.m. ET: Stress can limit the brains capability to store memories according to Samuels.

4:58 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining where memories and emotions are created in the brain.

4:56 p.m. ET: Samuels is showing the jury a diagram of a human brain.

4:52 p.m. ET: Willmott asked Samuels to explain Biophsychology, and he told her it is the study how the brain functions. Willmott is now setting up Samuels power presentation, and Judge Stephens said they can consider it, but they will not get a copy of it for deliberations.

4:50 p.m. ET: Samuels said it is common for the defendants that he works to not tell the truth at first. He also thought Arias had low self esteem when he met her, and she has grown more confident and more in control of her life. She has also become less depressed as Samuels has known Arias.

"I’ve had patients that I’ve worked with for a year who haven’t told me the whole story, so yes, this is not at all unusual," said Samuels

4:48 p.m. ET: Samuels said when he first met Arias he told him intruders killed Alexander. Eventually, Samuels confronted Arias that her story was false, and then she told him about killing Alexander in self-defense.

4:46 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

4:45 p.m. ET: Samuels said the point of his interviews was to diagnosis Arias. He used his extensive notes from his interviews with Arias to make a diagnosis.

4:44 p.m. ET:

Jurors are paying attention. They watch Jennifer Willmott then Samueals--back and forth. A few are taking some notes. #JodiArias

— Beth Karas (@BethKaras) March 14, 2013

4:43 p.m. ET:

"I try to develop a rapport, I try to make the person feel comfortable with me and I find that that extracts the most accurate information," said Samuels.

4:42 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels about how he conducted the interviews with Arias. He said they were not linear in nature, because he usually began the interviews by asking Arias what was on her mind.

4:41 p.m. ET: He did not record his conversations with Arias, but she did take notes.

4:39 p.m. ET: Samuels met with Arias 12 times over a three year period to extract information out of her.

4:38 p.m. ET: Samuels says he usually works for defense attorneys since living in Arizona. Arias defense team hired Samuels in September 2009.

4:36 p.m. ET: Samuels moved from New Jersey to Arizona in the late 80's. In Arizona, Samuels has only done forensic work.

4:33 p.m. ET: Samuels said he has counseled police officers suffering from PTSD.

4:32 p.m. ET:

Do you think prosecutor Juan Martinez is too aggressive in the #JodiArias trial? Share your thoughts! #JodiJury #HLN After Dark

— Vinnie Politan (@VinniePolitan) March 14, 2013

4:31 p.m. ET: Now Samuels is now walking the jury through this professional experience as practicing psychologist in the late 70's and 80's.

4:30 p.m. ET: Samuels is talking about his fellowship he completed in human sexuality after getting his Ph.D. He got his first license to practice pyschology in 1975.

4:27 p.m. ET: Samuels is reading his resume to the jury.

4:26 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining his education, and how he has a Ph.D in Biopsychology. Defense attorney Willmott is walking Samuels through his education, and experience in the field of pyschology.

4:23 p.m. ET: The jury is being seated, and Samuels is taking the witness stand.

4:21 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens says she wants to have an evidentiary hearing outside the presence of the jury on multiple issues regarding the admissibility Samuels testimony including certain slides. Samuels will take the stand today and omit the testimony and slides Martinez has objected to.

4:20 p.m. ET: Samuels is sitting at the defense table with Arias as the judge reviews his slides.

4:14 p.m. ET: Martinez is also objecting to certain slides Samuels was going to show to the jury in his power point presentation. The judge is now reviewing those slides.

4:13 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens said she wants to have an evidentiary hearing where Samuels testifies so she can accurately rule on this issue.

4:12 p.m. ET: Willmott said Samuels is going to give a scientific definition of premeditated murder and how it relates to crime scenes, and not a legal definition. Martinez said it could confuse the jury so it should be barred.

4:07 p.m. ET: Martinez is objecting to how Samuels was planning to explain the jury the differences between premeditated murder and a heat of passion murder.

4:06 p.m. ET: Martinez is explaining to the judge what he learned from talking to Samuels during the break.

4:01 p.m. ET: From our producer at the courthouse:

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm

5:28 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining how amnesia can happen when someone experiences acute stress or have an acute stress disorder.

5:27 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels to explain "acute stress." Samuels said "acute stress" is some severe trauma that causes an individual great stress.

5:22 p.m. ET: Samuels said journals can help people remember things, and also help strengthen people's ability to store memories.

5:21 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels about Arias' journals. He said he has read all of them going back to junior high school.

5:20 p.m. ET:

Defense expert on the stand. Will his testimony save #JodiArias from the death penalty?

— Susan Hendricks (@SusanHendricks) March 14, 2013

5:19 p.m. ET:

“It’s entirely possible, and actually highly likely, that someone would not be able to recall anything about a situation. Or, if they do, it would be foggy or bits and pieces. But this is common, this is well-known and it’s not really arguable,” said Samuels.

5:18 p.m. ET: Willmott just brought up how Arias said she was in a "fog" during the attack and when she was driving out into the desert. Samuels said someone fleeing a scene seems be able to function in automatic function. So Samuels said in this "fog" people can even drive cars.

"Once a person enters this state, while the memories are not being formed, any activities that are involved in fleeing seem to be able to occur. Such as running away or getting into a car and driving away or getting on a horse and trotting away,” said Samuels.

5:15 p.m. ET: Willmott is Samuels if humans have any control over how their brain records memories, and he said now, and their ability to record memories gets worse with age. He also says in stressful situations people also don't have control of their emotions.

“When our emotions take over, we don’t have control. That’s why sometimes people make very bad decisions regarding relationships because their emotions overpower their reasoning,” said Dr. Samuels.

5:12 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

5:11 p.m. ET:

“The brain is interested in survival and so all our energies are focused on self-protection. We don’t start thinking, ‘Oh what a beautiful color my attacker is wearing.’ We don’t think about that. We don’t think about, ‘Oh I wonder what song I’d like to have played at my funeral?’ We don’t think about that. We simply fight for our lives or we flee from the scene. That’s all that happens whether you’re a rat, an alligator or a human being,” said Samuels.

5:10 p.m. ET:

"People who suffer from stress-inducing trauma frequently will not recall what happened for a certain period starting with the beginning of the trauma until sometime thereafter, which could be measured in either hours or even days, sometimes even weeks,” said Dr. Samuels.

Samuels is now showing the jury this quote from an article that shows what happens when someone's brain is "under fire."

5:03 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

Last edited by Freckles on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

5:33 p.m. ET:

So this expert says he had sessions with Jodi to develop "trust". Can one achieve a trusting relationship with #JodiArias?

— Dr. Drew(@DrDrewHLN) March 14, 2013

5:32 p.m. ET: The attorneys are now at a sidebar with the judge.

5:31 p.m. ET: Samuels says someone suffering from dissociative amnesia they may only remember bits and pieces of the trauma. They can also feel a sense of detachment, which is like an out of body experience.

5:28 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining how amnesia can happen when someone experiences acute stress or have an acute stress disorder.

5:27 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels to explain "acute stress." Samuels said "acute stress" is some severe trauma that causes an individual great stress.

5:22 p.m. ET: Samuels said journals can help people remember things, and also help strengthen people's ability to store memories.

5:21 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking Samuels about Arias' journals. He said he has read all of them going back to junior high school.

5:20 p.m. ET:

Defense expert on the stand. Will his testimony save #JodiArias from the death penalty?

— Susan Hendricks (@SusanHendricks) March 14, 2013

5:19 p.m. ET:

“It’s entirely possible, and actually highly likely, that someone would not be able to recall anything about a situation. Or, if they do, it would be foggy or bits and pieces. But this is common, this is well-known and it’s not really arguable,” said Samuels.

5:18 p.m. ET: Willmott just brought up how Arias said she was in a "fog" during the attack and when she was driving out into the desert. Samuels said someone fleeing a scene seems be able to function in automatic function. So Samuels said in this "fog" people can even drive cars.

"Once a person enters this state, while the memories are not being formed, any activities that are involved in fleeing seem to be able to occur. Such as running away or getting into a car and driving away or getting on a horse and trotting away,” said Samuels.

5:15 p.m. ET: Willmott is Samuels if humans have any control over how their brain records memories, and he said now, and their ability to record memories gets worse with age. He also says in stressful situations people also don't have control of their emotions.

“When our emotions take over, we don’t have control. That’s why sometimes people make very bad decisions regarding relationships because their emotions overpower their reasoning,” said Dr. Samuels.

5:12 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:52 pm

5:49 p.m. ET: Arias was given two psychological tests during her interviews with Samuels. One of the tests was for PTSD.

5:48 p.m. ET: Samuels said acute stress disorder only last for a couple months after the trauma. If it lasts longer than that it is a different diagnosis.

5:44 p.m. ET:

Is #JodiArias' life now in the hands of a #PTSD expert? Tune in to @jvelezmitchell tonight at 7pET as legal minds debate Jodi's fate.

— Team HLN (@TeamHLN) March 14, 2013

5:43 p.m. ET: Samuels said common every day trauma can cause amnesia like being dunked in cold water.

“You don’t have to be in a horrible situation, but an everyday situation, and you’re still prone to having this transient global amnesia,” said Samuels.

5:40 p.m. ET:

“Perpetrators of horrible crimes can also develop post traumatic stress disorder for having acted as the source of the crime,” said Samuels.

5:39 p.m. ET: Samuels is explaining how amnesia can be proportional to the amount violence someone experiences.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:24 pm

6:22 p.m. ET: The jury was just seated, and the attorneys are at another sidebar with the judge.

6:19 p.m. ET: The judge is back on the stand, and the attorneys are at a sidebar.

5:59 p.m. ET: Judge Stephens has recessed court for 15 minutes. The live blog will resume at 6:15, when testimony picks back up.

5:58 p.m. ET: Samuels is now explaining to jury what PTSD and detachment means.

Dr. Samuels believes Arias has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, an anxiety disorder. #JodiArias

— Beth Karas (@BethKaras) March 14, 2013

“What it means is that an individual has a stress-related disorder that involves certain characteristics that are seen over and over again in people that are similarly diagnosed. There may be a sense of detachment. There may be emotional blunting. There may be intrusive thoughts,” said Samuels.

5:57 p.m. ET:

Willmott asked, “Can this test be manipulated by people? Can you fake the answers?”

“Sure, absolutely,” said Samuels.

“And is that something that’s easy to do?” asked Willmott.“No, not in this test. Unless the person has read the manual, understands the concept of post traumatic stress disorder and is in their mind trying to prove to someone that they do suffer from this disorder. This is not that well-known. This is not in every psychologist’s office,” said Samuels.

5:56 p.m. ET: Samuels said that the PTSD test can be manipulated, but it is difficult for someone to do if they do not understand a lot about pyschology.

5:52 p.m. ET: Samuels said the results of the tests confirmed that Arias had PTSD disorder. He is now explaining how the tests work.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

6:47 p.m. ET: Samuels is talking about all the patients he has had treating people with PTSD. He has over 30 years of working with victims of PTSD.

6:46 p.m. ET: Therefore, Arias can still experience PTSD even though she is the one who killed Alexander according to Samuels.

6:44 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking if someone can experience PTSD if they create the trauma. Samuels says new research indicates that perpetrators of crimes can experience PTSD.

6:40 p.m. ET: Samuels is further explaining how the PTSD test works and how it helps him diagnosis a patient.

6:38 p.m. ET:

“It’s not unusual at all. Some people go through life with a defense mechanism impeding their lives. But it took [defense attorney] Mr. Nurmi and I a couple of visits actually to help her get through -- to help her break down that barrier. And if you look at it from the perspective of therapy it would be considered a therapeutic breakthrough,” said Samuels.

6:36 p.m. ET:

Do you believe Jodi suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? on.hln.tv/4q7Jqo

— Jane Velez-Mitchell (@jvelezmitchell) March 14, 2013

6:34 p.m. ET: Samuels believes Arias can remember killing Alexander, because she was in a state of acute stress. He also said she may also have trouble remembering Alexander's alleged abuse.

6:32 p.m. ET: Arias was allegedly

6:32 p.m. ET: Arias was allegedly in denial about killing Alexander, because based on Arias' journals Samuels believes she is a pacifist. Therefore, she could not reconcile her behavior with her personal beliefs. This denial made Arias create a story or lie that someone else killed Alexander according to Samuels.

6:28 p.m. ET: Samuels just finished reading to jury about the types of behavior people display who suffer from PTSD.

6:23 p.m. ET: Samuels is telling the jury about the criteria to diagnosis someone with PTSD.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Freckles wrote:

6:57 p.m. ET: The judge has recessed court until Monday.

6:56 p.m. ET:

“She was not able to tell her family about what happened. She was not able to tell anybody about what happened. And this is a classic symptom of an acute stress disorder,” said Samuels.

6:55 p.m. ET: Samuels says Arias probably also suffered from acute disorder after the first couple of months of killing Alexander, and her mental issues eventually morphed into PTSD.

6:52 p.m. ET: Someone suffering from PTSD can have nightmares or hallucinations that relieve the truama according to Samuels.

6:47 p.m. ET: Samuels is talking about all the patients he has had treating people with PTSD. He has over 30 years of working with victims of PTSD.

6:46 p.m. ET: Therefore, Arias can still experience PTSD even though she is the one who killed Alexander according to Samuels.

6:44 p.m. ET: Willmott is asking if someone can experience PTSD if they create the trauma. Samuels says new research indicates that perpetrators of crimes can experience PTSD.

6:40 p.m. ET: Samuels is further explaining how the PTSD test works and how it helps him diagnosis a patient.

6:38 p.m. ET:

“It’s not unusual at all. Some people go through life with a defense mechanism impeding their lives. But it took [defense attorney] Mr. Nurmi and I a couple of visits actually to help her get through -- to help her break down that barrier. And if you look at it from the perspective of therapy it would be considered a therapeutic breakthrough,” said Samuels.

6:36 p.m. ET:

Do you believe Jodi suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? on.hln.tv/4q7Jqo

— Jane Velez-Mitchell (@jvelezmitchell) March 14, 2013

6:34 p.m. ET: Samuels believes Arias can remember killing Alexander, because she was in a state of acute stress. He also said she may also have trouble remembering Alexander's alleged abuse.

6:32 p.m. ET: Arias was allegedly

6:32 p.m. ET: Arias was allegedly in denial about killing Alexander, because based on Arias' journals Samuels believes she is a pacifist. Therefore, she could not reconcile her behavior with her personal beliefs. This denial made Arias create a story or lie that someone else killed Alexander according to Samuels.

6:28 p.m. ET: Samuels just finished reading to jury about the types of behavior people display who suffer from PTSD.

6:23 p.m. ET: Samuels is telling the jury about the criteria to diagnosis someone with PTSD.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:26 am

Posting this here as it ties in and somewhat offers info, refutes the testimony Dr. Richard Samuels gave on the stand yesterday.

PTSD and the incorrect diagnosis:

Comparison of the Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Scale Versus the Clinician-Administered Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Scale in Domestic Violence Survivors

clipped--

" Findings confirmed that PTSD develops at a high base rate in this sample. The PDS generally performed well in relation to the CAPS although with a tendency to overdiagnose PTSD. The findings lend further support to the use of the PDS as a diagnostic tool for PTSD but indicate that it is better at identifying survivors with PTSD than those without the disorder."

Test guidelines:

"In addition, the last episode of battering had to be within 6 months of the assessment."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2977525/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next