Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

+25
tesstruhart
olivier57
stina
Ms. Gibson
colsnipe
Weeziethm
Bo
THATGIRL
WeeBonnie
Bat Woman
yellow bike
Bmore
gsweater
emberl
glazier
Alessandra_Deux
auman58
Pianist
Mylife101
Kentucky Gal
Freckles
Calypso
Moosiesmama
justanopinion
carlakay
29 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 Empty Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

oh and she'd be in the hallway entry prior to the bathroom for my idea to work...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by carlakay Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 am

Bmore you are REAL close to my way of viewing the events as they happened.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 am

do you wonder if JA's mom is just there because she feels that's what's expected of her? I mean JA was an out of control child, felt discipline was child abuse and sent to live with gma... I'm sure her mom loves her because she's her child but JA even said their relationship sucked... when JA talked about the spoon spankings the mom and aunt rolled their eyes like geez what else is she going to lie about, who else is going under the bus for JA... I think they laugh and act like a-holes because they don't really care what happens to her. just going thru the motions... I think they some what accomodate her just in case she gets off like CA did they don't want the wrath of JA. I'm not 100% sold she took the letters to the mag, especially one that's known to lie to drum up sales, i didn't follow that story... didn't Det. F tell JA that even her family thought she had something to do with TA's death... I think they're secretly hoping she goes away forever...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

yes I agree Bmore that her family being there is due to it being expected.. I am sure their lives were never quiet the same and more than likely a living nightmare once she was old enough to start manipulating em..
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 am

I think it's insensitive to TA's family... If my child did something like that I would support them as my child but the victims family would have to get a restraining order against me because i would feel horrible that my defective child ruined their lives... I'd be apologizing constantly wanting their forgiveness, etc they'd be like get away! lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

new things added today but not sure what they mean... from the court website...

3/25/2013

012 - ME: Trial - Party (001)

3/25/2013

3/25/2013

012 - ME: Trial - Party (001)

3/25/2013
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 am

didn't Dr. S say the other day that after 20-30 hours with a person it's more like therapy then an evaluation but yet he spent that much time with her, bought her a book, and that wasn't therapy? I mean if you just need to administer some tests and have her tell her story and answer questions and then testify about the results... Why is he taking this so personally? He cares about her, he crossed that line...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am

Bmore wrote:didn't Dr. S say the other day that after 20-30 hours with a person it's more like therapy then an evaluation but yet he spent that much time with her, bought her a book, and that wasn't therapy? I mean if you just need to administer some tests and have her tell her story and answer questions and then testify about the results... Why is he taking this so personally? He cares about her, he crossed that line...

agreed... he even smiles and winks in that direction... it is sooooooo smarmy!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 am

wondering what the top 4 items are that are dated for Dec 2013... confused!

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 Ja11
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am

yeah that's weird... maybe a notice that we'll still be at trial by then.. lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #9 Empty PTSD

Post by ShellJett Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 am

olivier57 wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Can someone explain to me why PTSD is so important... In my thinking of course she has PTSD season Police Veterans get debriefed after a shooting, Jodi did not... PTSD did not cause her to slay TA. PTSD came afterward... IMO this was the lazy diagnosis from the baboon... but I really don't see how this is going to save JA's skin...

They are saying she has PTSD to explain why she can't remember stabbing, cutting throat, cleaning up, taking stuff with her. Remember "the fog"? PTSD is their pitiful attempt to make jury believe she doesn't remember.

In my opinion, PTSD is part of the defense strategy which is based on self defence. In other words, "JA didn't want to kill Travis, JA had to kill him because he attacked her, JA suffers from that, it created a traumatism". PTSD doesn't go well with premeditation.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 am

Bmore wrote:yeah that's weird... maybe a notice that we'll still be at trial by then.. lol

Please say it isn't so... my house already looks like a bomb went off... need some time to put it back together ... Laughing maybe it is motions for appeal??? wish i knew when they were filed
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

If we use this case as an example ... not in Arizona ... so laws might be different..

http://www.anxiety.org/anxiety-news/ptsd/is-ptsd-from-combat-duty-a-valid-defense-in-murder%20

Judge Osmond Smith made his ruling in the matter of 28-year-old Joshua Stepp after a jury comprised of an equal number of men and women was unable to unanimously come to a decision in the sentencing phase. According to applicable law, when juries are deadlocked in death penalty cases, the presiding judge must impose a life sentence without parole.

maybe the PTSD is just for the DP phase...

justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

a second case where lawyers are try for PTSD to mitigate the DP

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/us-usa-afghanistan-trial-idUSBRE90H05A20130118
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

Bmore wrote:I think it's insensitive to TA's family... If my child did something like that I would support them as my child but the victims family would have to get a restraining order against me because i would feel horrible that my defective child ruined their lives... I'd be apologizing constantly wanting their forgiveness, etc they'd be like get away! lol

Me too...Only I would not be there if my child did this. I could not support them in this, not for appearances or anything else, even if they were my child.
Example; back in the late 70's my twenty-something sister was killed instantly coming home from a date. The car they were in was hit head on by a drunk driver. My kids were still very very young, but as they grew up, and got to HS age, I ALWAYS told them that I could forgive almost anything but not a liar. I also said that if they EVER DROVE DRUNK, I would never help them, or have anything to do with them again. I meant it.
(They never did, by the way).

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:55 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Hinky Refugee wrote:Response from Mylife101:Yes, you are right. This would be very difficult if not impossible to prove. It's just my hypothesis of the "traveling" camera and camera angles. Fortunately, JM doesn't need to prove exactly what really did happen. He only has to prove that JA's version of events are lies: thus, meaning that the truth lies elsewhere. I think JM is doing a pretty darn good job of that.
Sorry for responding inside the same post. I couldn't get the "quote" button to seperate them.

Lol, from Hinky to 101: I can't get the quote button to work right half the time.

I agree with you Juan has absolutely been fantastic on slamming Jodi and her defense team.

So, am I being paranoid in worrying that the jury will not question how the situation went from taking photo's to murder in the matter of seconds? I just got stuck on how did the camera wind up on the floor, unless Jodi added truth to her lies and it really did fall. It would be reasonable to me to say well it was a camera Jodi was not used to. And in deleting the photo's as they were being taken, (sure do not see how in the timeframe) she dropped it. Then she adds Travis got furious as one of her lies. Her danged lies boggles my mind!

No, I don't think you are being paranoid at all because juries have a lot of latitude in how they arrive at their decisions and it is hard to predict what a jury will focus on in deliberations. In this case we have more insight to the juries thoughts because they are allowed to ask questions. Based on the number of doubtful, sarcastic, and border line insulting questions this jury has asked I think we are in pretty good shape for a guilty M1 verdict. The jurors asking these type of questions clearly aren't buying any of it and will hold strong to their convictions that JA is full of BS. So, IMO, even if the jury has a hold out or two, the worst thing that will happen is a hung jury. Your thoughts?

God forbid, but I would sure as hell rather see a hung jury (with the chance to try her again) than to see her get off with M2, or some lesser sentence, and I think Travis' family would too. Juan was right to reject her plea, and after CA I simply can't stomach another murderer 'getting away with it'.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
Bmore wrote:I think it's insensitive to TA's family... If my child did something like that I would support them as my child but the victims family would have to get a restraining order against me because i would feel horrible that my defective child ruined their lives... I'd be apologizing constantly wanting their forgiveness, etc they'd be like get away! lol

Me too...Only I would not be there if my child did this. I could not support them in this, not for appearances or anything else, even if they were my child.
Example; back in the late 70's my twenty-something sister was killed instantly coming home from a date. The car they were in was hit head on by a drunk driver. My kids were still very very young, but as they grew up, and got to HS age, I ALWAYS told them that I could forgive almost anything but not a liar. I also said that if they EVER DROVE DRUNK, I would never help them, or have anything to do with them again. I meant it.
(They never did, by the way).

I have said the same things 18th.. thankfully you have never had your resolve tested. I have long ago learned that what we think we will do and what actually happens when we get to that situation are often two very different things. crystal ball
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 pm

I think it's important if something like this happens you don't make excuses for the person that did it. this was a crime not an accident. I also think it's important to show the victims family respect and understand that they are hurting more then you, their loved one is dead... You need to apologize on behalf of your family to theirs, your defective child isn't a representation of your entire family... JA's family acts like TA's family is being unreasonable in some way, have they ever talked to them? tried to understand their pain?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 pm

[quote="tesstruhart"]Just catchin' up. My 2 cents is the PTSD, battered woman defense is thrown out there to mitigate the DP. If only one juror buys these diversionary tactics, they have done their job. By the type and amount of questions that this jury has asked, I would say they are really paying attention to what is going on. I have to have faith that they can see thru this ploy just like we do. Although they are not privvy to all the info we have, there are enough lies, and contradictions for them to get the picture. Juan picks apart all the testimony like peeling back an onion. He exposes the lies then the defense moves on to another tactic. This jury has a dog in this hunt now. They are not village idiots.

[/quote

Tess, I agree with you. She has admitted she killed him, this dog and pony show is all about saving her from the executioner.

Away for 2 weeks, you all here at RC are my lifeline to this case. Keep those posts a coming.

Last edited by Moosiesmama on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Where can I locate the documentation stating the blood in the sink had saliva in it?

Obviously, TA would have been somewhat ambulatory and stood erect when this was deposited there.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Bmore wrote:I think it's important if something like this happens you don't make excuses for the person that did it. this was a crime not an accident. I also think it's important to show the victims family respect and understand that they are hurting more then you, their loved one is dead... You need to apologize on behalf of your family to theirs, your defective child isn't a representation of your entire family... JA's family acts like TA's family is being unreasonable in some way, have they ever talked to them? tried to understand their pain?

I agree, however, I think that the defence may have cautioned the family against such moves... opens them up for civil action. Defence lawyers try to get the defendant to show very little emotion as the judge in most cases say that emotion is prejudicial to the jury and will reprimand those in the court room who show emotion. I am so sick of what is prejudicial that I could scream in frustration.. what about TA and what is prejudicial to him.. guess that doesn't matter... BS he is the only one who it should matter about JA made her bed... she should sleep in it ... even if it is the one with the lethal injection attached to it!!
MOO MOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

after it came out about the pics and print... there was no denying that JA did it, it was a matter of how she'd spin it... either way back in the day her family could of said we don't know what happened but we're sorry TA died, none of this should have happened, please understand we're so sorry for your loss. You say what needs to be said and you don't look like a complete a-hole...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I am on az on computer waiting for trial but all I am getting is colored bars and a loud continuous beeping! Last Thurs. they said court would start MONDAY at 9:30 AM (12:30 here). (Remember? Judge even asked jurors had a problem coming to court today at 9:30?) Not even the seal yet. Anyone know if there's a change or something?? WTH? Again?

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Thought it started at 10. Will check other links and get back to you 18.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:I am on az on computer waiting for trial but all I am getting is colored bars and a loud continuous beeping! Last Thurs. they said court would start MONDAY at 9:30 AM (12:30 here). (Remember? Judge even asked jurors had a problem coming to court today at 9:30?) Not even the seal yet. Anyone know if there's a change or something?? WTH? Again?

Sad obviously some kind of SNAFU!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

carlakay wrote:
Bmore wrote:i think he was shot last but I can't figure out where/how in order to get that angle... eyebrow to cheek bone back to front... How?

well I aint sure either and yes it is driving me nuts too. what would REALLY help is to have an actual graph of that bathroom where the bullet casing was found marked but I cant ever find a graph that I can copy n paste nor one that has the casing spot marked. We know the casing ejects out the right side of the gun,right? and I am sure we could find the info about how far it should go..think it would be easy to determine where his body was then.

My 2 cents~

Stop dwelling on the casing. Why? Because it very well could have been kicked or moved.

IF you want to focus on something specific, look at the blood spatter. That cannot be changed or moved.

They can determine many things from the blood spatter- the direction the weapon was used and height of the weapon- cast off.

The body is triangulated, the room is measured out, weapons, blood spatter are all photographed and documented. Based on these measurements, the entire room can be rebuilt in a warehouse if need be.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Trial did not start yet - checked all links. Pretty sure it starts at 10 AZ time. Only 18 more minutes 18th. LOL

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

FYI
@25:00:00

Elder Jensen speaks of baptizing Jodi:

http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 pm

A bitsy article on ministering to JA in jail:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/02/jodi-arias-praying-in-prison-with-mormon-volunteer/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Great and fun site to visit:

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/new-bathit-crazy-sociopath-hits-crazy-bats/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/tab/live

I have seal up
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Calypso wrote:nurmi arias lethal injection photo jo734081_473878879332848_1375218402_n.jpg

I saw this earlier this morning from my phone - I damn near schitt myself laughing so hard.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellJett Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Have seal up too. So damn sick of this seal though, then trial always starts late. Venting, sorry.

ShellJett

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm

the eggtree news is FUNNY!!!!!
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Mari 68 wrote:
Calypso wrote:nurmi arias lethal injection photo jo734081_473878879332848_1375218402_n.jpg

I saw this earlier this morning from my phone - I damn near schitt myself laughing so hard.

I saw this too and laughed out loud. The short on Nurmi are very special. thank you Calypso. You are unleashed today. Very Happy
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:09 pm

i watched the news clip talking about JM being a hero and stuff... that lady wanted him to autograph her cane, he was like really? He was so humble thru all the attention thrown on him... very sweet...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Commercial free:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130211jodi-arias-murder-trial-arizona-live-video.html?nclick_check=1

Nothing happening yet.
Maybe, she is wanting to plea in exchange for no death penalty?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Calypso wrote:
carlakay wrote:

well I aint sure either and yes it is driving me nuts too. what would REALLY help is to have an actual graph of that bathroom where the bullet casing was found marked but I cant ever find a graph that I can copy n paste nor one that has the casing spot marked. We know the casing ejects out the right side of the gun,right? and I am sure we could find the info about how far it should go..think it would be easy to determine where his body was then.

My 2 cents~

Stop dwelling on the casing. Why? Because it very well could have been kicked or moved.

IF you want to focus on something specific, look at the blood spatter. That cannot be changed or moved.

They can determine many things from the blood spatter- the direction the weapon was used and height of the weapon- cast off.

The body is triangulated, the room is measured out, weapons, blood spatter are all photographed and documented. Based on these measurements, the entire room can be rebuilt in a warehouse if need be.

Oh do not get me wrong..I absolutely agree the casing could of been moved from it's original spot to where it came to rest during HER clean up... I refuse to believe it could of been on that floor first before the stab wounds occurred because there was no blood on it.
I always believe the blood evidence or lack thereof..there was no blood on the casing..there was no blood in the bullet tract inside his head and there was no blood splatter anywhere in that bathroom that was conducive to a gunshot wound to the head either. Tells me she shot a dead man.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 pm

were up
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:20 pm

omg do they co-ordinate outfits again??
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 pm

UP! She is in white!
Edit:
Back to the tests Samuels mucked up.
Samuels is NOT answering the question Juan has posed; he is wanting to narrate and justify , explain, etc.. BS, essentially.

I like going to school just don't like this subject.

Last edited by Freckles on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 pm

it's off-white... she's tainted, no white for her! lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't think your expert witness should say "apparently" so much
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm

my own purposes.... cough cough-bullchit...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm

carlakay wrote:
Calypso wrote:

My 2 cents~

Oh do not get me wrong..I absolutely agree the casing could of been moved from it's original spot to where it came to rest during HER clean up... I refuse to believe it could of been on that floor first before the stab wounds occurred because there was no blood on it.
I always believe the blood evidence or lack thereof..there was no blood on the casing..there was no blood in the bullet tract inside his head and there was no blood splatter anywhere in that bathroom that was conducive to a gunshot wound to the head either. Tells me she shot a dead man.

On the HLN reconstruction, they said there was blood spray outside the shower on the floor.

Did anyone else catch that?
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm

This is BSW!
Who tries to score or re-score a test without the answer sheet???

What would be the value in having the test anwers IF he is going to "guess" the answers??

Guy is a flake!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Wilmott is over-playing her hand today.

Not only is she dressed like , ie identifying with, Jodi but she keeps nodding her head yes toward Samuels.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

he just made a freak face... OMG did you see that... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Samuel is looking at dteam "Am I doing well ? ".... crystal ball

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:38 pm

I'd be asking for my money back... what an eff up...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next