Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13

+34
Calypso
Freckles
auman58
Ann - Tx
tesstruhart
sitemama
LoriKaye
Trueblue
olivier57
WeeBonnie
Pianist
CuriousPortlander
keikikiki
stina
renatae
justanopinion
Bo
Moosiesmama
Junebug
FireandBlood
yellow bike
Mari 68
Bmore
Gia
jerseyjul1
nemo1970
Mrskinger
Claire C.
lostyou
neens
SprayCanAnn
Alessandra_Deux
gsweater
Piper
38 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13

Post by Calypso Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:32 pm

@ keikikiki~

We have a great link to live streaming here on RC!!

Go to the HOME page, look on the top, in the middle, and you will see the LINK.

No commentary, no commercials, no interuptions!!

We have a GREAT ADMIN, Justice4all, he takes care of us!!!

guitar
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13

Post by justanopinion Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Freckles wrote:JA in braids, Superman shirt; w/ Bobby Juarez

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-her-younger-years-bobby-juarez

Now I get why she has low self esteem... needed a boob job, etc... he is prettier than she is!! Laughing
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:I am still bothered by the SUPPOSED email from the Hughes to ????, in which they allegedly state that their friend Travis uses women, is not nice to them, etc. I know that A. harped on this, and I can scarcely believe that 2 of who I always viewed as his staunchest supporters would have said such damning and damaging things about their friend.

I seriously think that these email(s) need to be addressed by Juan, and explained in some way, if that's possible. I know it really bothers ME, so I feel others may feel that way too.
I have NEVER seen emails from the Hughes that say these things, yet they are discussed in open court! I would appreciate a link to view such emails if anyone knows of one, or at least an accurate synopsis of what they say!

It bothers me, too. I saw Chris Hughes on HLN a couple of days ago and he made no reference to any such communication. He said something on the order of, "Everyone liked Travis and no one had anything bad to say of him." I had also seen a reference somewhere that mentioned the DT had lied to the Hughes' about something, and they had made some statements at the time based only on the lies they'd been told.

Can anyone shed any light?
renatae
renatae

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 Empty bogus dteam motion for JA mistrial

Post by keikikiki Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh! Wait! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 468437

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 885607

Okay...I'm feelin' the need to give this video a proper introduction, lest it be overlooked re Monday's discussion...(sorry if someone already posted this juicy lil' tidbit, but this one really (imoo) NEEDS TO BE SEEN BY ALL watching/commenting/even thinkin' 'bout the dteam motion for mistrial to be heard on Monday (cough: BS re 'prosecutorial misconduct/JM 'fan club' as seen on HLN blahblahblah...thus dteam calling Ms. Wong as their final witness (THANK YOU!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 643974 There IS a God!) and HERE's the FULL VIDEO link with EVIDENCE! of how reptilian JA and her dteam are imoo concerning this motion).

Btw, I know y'all here on RC already know this motion is crap, another desperate circus stunt...but seein' this today really chapped my behind. Just stumbled upon it and had to share.

World: before we hear anything the dteam is 'bout to present, please watch this first...it's a couple minutes long, and gives the ACTUAL PRIMARY SOURCE of the condensed/sensationalized HLN version of JM & his 'fan club'/circus atmosphere...yeah- how rich. The big old dteam pot callin' the kettle black.......

Are they KIDDING ME??? Evil or Very Mad

Think the dteam will play this version, the original, PRIMARY report? Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 2694 Please watch this entire 2 minute video.

Okay...got that off my chest. And now, without further adieu, please allow me to introduce the outstanding, the spectacularly brilliant and HUMBLE! (wait for it...let's have a big round of applause...for the ONE, the ONLY...the voice of Mr. Travis Alexander (in the JA trial that is)...

Mister...JUAN MARTIIIIINEZ!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 759197

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by stina Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Just read in the police report that the email to Lisa was saved and what I posted earlier is the real email.

Sorry I can't seem to link police report

Last edited by stina on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad link)
stina
stina

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 897702
Calypso wrote:@ keikikiki~

guitar

Omg...GOOD TO KNOW! I did NOT realize that Calypso! RC is da BOMB!!! bounce bounce bounce

Okay y'all: disregard my earlier reference to wildabouttrial live stream and WATCH IT HERE ON RC! Cool

Even better!!! Very Happy

Okay then...let's have a big round of applause for RC! You all are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...and my brain would be one big scrambly foggy knot of discombobulated goo if I'd never found y'all! WHOOHOO! guitar its a beautiful thin guitar

Props to all of you that put so much time and energy, so much of yourselves into RC. Imho, your time spent IS ensuring that justice can at least be processed, understood and supported, if not actually served. hug Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 839314 hug

P.s. YES I have fallen in love with my new toy the emoticon, and YES it's understandable that my use of them (as well as words- lol...for all you wishing I could just shut up ...I'm sorry...chattycathy here, the rambler Embarassed ...sorry...stream of consciousness is my outlet and is quite healing imo) is a wee bit excessive (sarcasm fyi- lame-o attempts at self-deprecation intended), but MAAAAAN am I hooked on RC! Love it!)...so...yeah...

Please do lemme know when to turn down the volume...really don't want to offend or irritate anyone here...really am new to the whole online forum thingy, so not sure what the protocol is... Shocked

Thanks again!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 2108

keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 Empty TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT - 4/14/13

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:48 pm

TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO SUNDAY NIGHT 8 PM EASTERN

Sun, April 14, 2013 07:00 pm CDT/ 8:00 pm EDT

THE JODIE ARIAS TRIAL IS LIKE A BAD CAR WRECK. WE CAN'T STOP LOOKING . THE VICTIM IS BEING DRAGGED THOUGH THE MUD, JODI IS USING TWITTER TO TAKE A SWIPE AT THE PROSECUTOR, WHAT A MESS.

ON THIS WEEK'S SHOW TO HELP US SORT IT ALL OUT ARE BETH KARAS AND HOLLY HUGHES ALONG WITH OUR REGULAR GUEST KATIECOOLADY.

JOIN US THIS SUNDAY 8 PM EASTERN

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/04/15/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
Blog Talk Radio - Websleuths - Tricia's True Crime Radio
~~~~~

This show is broadcast via Blog Talk Radio. Tricia is the host and Kimster is the MOD in the "Live Chat."

You can ask questions via the "Live Chat" or Call in to speak with the host, Tricia, at:

(760) 825-0933

It is fun to "live chat" during the show in real time.

To "live chat" you must be a member of Blog Talk Radio. You do not have to be a member of Websleuths.

Note: Katiecoolady is a Websleuth member and she attends the Jody Arias trial.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm

carlakay wrote:sorry the above is so long..tried to edit it but without glasses it proved impossible..anyhoo figured it was something of interest
Carla=
Solid contribution! Could you drop a link onto that and put it over in the court docs thread? May need to refer back in future. While it is technically NOT a court doc, it has to deal with the court... Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm

auman58 wrote:
carlakay wrote:
I think it is the most brilliant idea I ever heard of! Good grief someone's life is in THEIR hands so they should be detecting and finding the facts in their own way by asking their own questions. I think every state should get on board with this actually.

It seems the jury is allowed to ask questions the State isn't allowed to ask. More "where the goats graze" questions.
I like the fact there are NO objections such as, "foundation, asked and answered relevancy..." It flows. Judge asks and it just happens. And the witness is now HAVING to look the jury in the eye! Less game playing.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 pm

stina wrote:Freckles,
Cuz I know you are so well versed on this trial maybe you can help me.....I was looking for the text that from Travis that the so called expert was been using, the one with all the name calling and "you are the worst thing to happen to me" and I am looking for the email/ text to the girlfriend that people think Jodi wrote telling her not to be a whore or whatever it was....what are the dates of those as well

Thanks in advance...working on a theory
Hi, Stina! Missed you!!!

So unclear I am going to correct what I wrote. Correction in RED.
There are 3 pieces of communication that have become center of attention in the trial.
These 3 communications were between JA and TA.
In the first, April 2008, TA is very angry with JA.
You can feel his frustration when you read it.

There is a text message end of April where TA starts blasting JA.

On the taped phone call, TA laughs re JA sposedly climaxing on the phone.
He says she sounds like a 12 year and this is what JA alleges TA was into young girls.
On the stand, JA states she was faking the climax; it takes two hands and she had a hand holding the phone. He tells her his plans; she states she wants to go to DC with him but she has no money. He does not offer.

There is the taped phone call May 10 (?) 2008 some call the "sex" call.

In this text message, TA is very angry. He threatens to tell everyone, including the Freemans, exactly what she has done. He calls her a sociopath and says he wants nothing to do with her ever again.
There is the text message May 26, 2008.

The text message was to Lisa Andrews.
She has married and has a last name starting with D.
Might be able to find that at youtube with croakerqueen or tawnidilly...
Web Sleuths may have something in there library.
This is from Dec 2007.
IIRC, she had printed the email off and then deleted it from her computer.

JA, on the stand, was asked question by jury re "whoredom", IIRC.
I know she was asked but can't recall who was asking re her knowledge of the Mormon book and the laws of chastity. ?????? What is strange are the verses re chastity, which JA stated were confusing and she found no reference in the book of Mormon re chastity. This is strange because she KNEW the verses (and even the chapters) of items immediately before and after the chastity reference in the book.

Last edited by Freckles on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Pianist wrote:
Freckles wrote:Look on your roof. Maybe they are returning them via airmail!
Personally, I have never heard of a plant in a tupperware container. Most plants, unless they are succulents, need proper drainage so the roots won't rot and the soil doesn't spoil with mold, etc. Further, in the middle of moving and she is looking for a tupperware container and sees it on the ROOF? Sure... that is where I ALWAYS look when I am missing something! And, in the middle of moving and discarding, downsizing what I will or will not take, I must remember to take my priceless tupperware??? Something just isn't right with that girl's thinking! No

In My Opinion there is something wrong with the story. I don't think it is complete about what happened concerning the tupperware and growing weed. How did they know to look on the roof? Well, it might be that Jodi had a "pattern" of hiding things on the roof. How else would they know to look there?

Several years ago I was stuck in Puerto Rico on business when a very bad hurricane hit where we were. When the Manager of the hotel told us to meet in this large room (and everyone was required to do so) He announced that they had discovered several people on the roof of the hotel wanting to wait there to see the hurricane first hand. My question at the time was "how did they know to look on the roof" Well it was answered...because they had found people up there before when a bad hurricane hit the island.

Jodi was trouble and I am sure we will never know the whole story but for the parents to have found it on the roof and then busted her to the police means to me that they were at their wits end. Most parents would not turn their kid in the first time (of course there are some of us who would...) That was only one example from the parents. I know in my heart that there were many more troubled times.
IMO, there would have been a police record.
While most juvi records are sealed, they MAY be opened at future dates IF something horrific has happened and a link may be drawn...

Travis DID report the vandalizing of the tires; PD was slow to respond so TA left.
There was, however, an investigative report drawn (not acted upon) and there was evidence provided to THIS court using the evidence number of the investigative report.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
auman58 wrote:Watching NG rerun and seeing JA's sorry ass reminds me I need to go kill some weeds.

With a knife??? Must be some pretty tuff weeds! Very Happy
Well, if the knife don't work, try blowing them away! Shocked

BTW, how is it JA's sorry ass gets mention at the same time... weeds?
Something growing there? ass
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Freckles wrote:

BTW, how is it JA's sorry ass gets mention at the same time... weeds?
Something growing there? ass

When I saw her face I was reminded of weeds that are unsightly and have no redeeming qualities.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Pianist wrote: clipped-

My Life, I am curious about the e-mail highlighted above. If there is not a copy of it, how did it get introduced at trial? I missed that somewhere along the line.

IIRC. Lisa Andrews D. is the person who had rec the nasty email.
She printed off a copy of it before she deleted it from her computer.
The printed copy WAS introduced in court and she was questioned re the email.

I don't recall the day she testified. She was a prosecution witness, however.
Check youtube for more info. and to snag the video.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Pianist wrote:
stina wrote:I can't believe a computer expert could not somehow retrieve those from her email

This tramp is also street smart. She probably used someone else's computer.
Proxy to boot.
Paul Stern, the man who loaned her money for the fatal trip to Mesa, said JA was ALWAYS using the computer in the restaurant in her off duty hours. That is how they met. And, the day he loaned her the money, she was , again, ON THE COMPUTER.
IIRC, the restaurant was something like the Vendatta?

Didn't JA take her laptop with her when she went to Travis' on that June 2008 trip?
Wondering about that.
Also, JA, in the PD interview with Det Flores, expressed concern over items she had in storage unit; asked if Matt could come and get her cameras and things as she supposedly had been paid for the wedding pics and had not delivered them...When I first heard this, I wondered IF a search warrant had been delivered on that unit? Were the cameras recovered? Any way to determine IF she had transferred images from a camera in the unit to her lap top to Travis' camera or his computer?

I find it interesting JA now, of late, has found a cell phone which she had reported missing. And the cell phone is sposed to have more sex talk recorded between JA and TA.. I smell a rat in this.... Where has Sue Allen, sister to Sandy, gone this past week?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:42 pm

The link for Tricia's Tru Crime is for SUNDAY!
Took two of us here to figure that one out!
As in, today is Saturday??? Very Happy
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 pm

stina wrote:Just read in the police report that the email to Lisa was saved and what I posted earlier is the real email.

Sorry I can't seem to link police report

Great detective work. Wonder how they saved it. Lisa said she did not save it. Prosecustion computer guru's must have saved it and that is how we all recall reading the contents. Makes sense. Cool
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 am

I am reading about Ethan Stacy's murder and his mother, Stephanie Sloop. She sounds EXACTLY like JA. I am so glad JA did NOT have children.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15190371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q4tCJUInlfs
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 am

keikikiki wrote: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 897702
Calypso wrote:@ keikikiki~

guitar

Omg...GOOD TO KNOW! I did NOT realize that Calypso! RC is da BOMB!!! bounce bounce bounce

Okay y'all: disregard my earlier reference to wildabouttrial live stream and WATCH IT HERE ON RC! Cool

Even better!!! Very Happy

Okay then...let's have a big round of applause for RC! You all are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...and my brain would be one big scrambly foggy knot of discombobulated goo if I'd never found y'all! WHOOHOO! guitar its a beautiful thin guitar

Props to all of you that put so much time and energy, so much of yourselves into RC. Imho, your time spent IS ensuring that justice can at least be processed, understood and supported, if not actually served. hug Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 839314 hug

P.s. YES I have fallen in love with my new toy the emoticon, and YES it's understandable that my use of them (as well as words- lol...for all you wishing I could just shut up ...I'm sorry...chattycathy here, the rambler Embarassed ...sorry...stream of consciousness is my outlet and is quite healing imo) is a wee bit excessive (sarcasm fyi- lame-o attempts at self-deprecation intended), but MAAAAAN am I hooked on RC! Love it!)...so...yeah...

Please do lemme know when to turn down the volume...really don't want to offend or irritate anyone here...really am new to the whole online forum thingy, so not sure what the protocol is... Shocked

Thanks again!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 2108

Well, ya fit right in with the rest of us!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 88030

bounce tongue affraid awe roflao ass Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 96231
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:19 am

Ok, QUESTION~

Does anyone know if the REBUTTAL list has been released or where a copy can be obtained or has anyone seen it on any of the other forums??

Anyway, if so, would you mind posting it here for review?

As always, TIA!!! Cool

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 am

Freckles wrote:I am reading about Ethan Stacy's murder and his mother, Stephanie Sloop. She sounds EXACTLY like JA. I am so glad JA did NOT have children.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15190371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q4tCJUInlfs
Hi, Freckles!

In case you don't know, Ethan Stacy has a thread here:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t2392-ethan-stacy-found-deceased-5-11-10
RC - Ethan Stacy -- Found Deceased 5/11/10
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 am

Ann - Tx wrote:

THE JODIE ARIAS TRIAL IS LIKE A BAD CAR WRECK. WE CAN'T STOP LOOKING . THE VICTIM IS BEING DRAGGED THOUGH THE MUD, JODI IS USING TWITTER TO TAKE A SWIPE AT THE PROSECUTOR, WHAT A MESS.

ON THIS WEEK'S SHOW TO HELP US SORT IT ALL OUT ARE BETH KARAS AND HOLLY HUGHES ALONG WITH OUR REGULAR GUEST KATIECOOLADY.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/04/15/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern
~~~~~

This show is broadcast via Blog Talk Radio. Tricia is the host and Kimster is the MOD in the "Live Chat."

You can ask questions via the "Live Chat" or Call in to speak with the host, Tricia, at:

(760) 825-0933

To "live chat" you must be a member of Blog Talk Radio. You do not have to be a member of Websleuths.

Bumping!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 am

18thcenturylady wrote:Responding to this from above:

"I wonder if the family can now take ALV to court for defamation of character and sue her, due to the fact the yesterday she reinforced Jodi's claim by stating there was other evidence to confirm the pedo claim."

My response:
They cannot because the law allows defendant and defendant's witnesses to do that in order to defend themselves in a murder case. Nuts, isn't it!
BUT...Here's the good news---BUT, THE ALEXANDER FAMILY most certainly can file a CIVIL action against Jodi for wrongful death as the Goldman's did in the OJ Simpson case. They can file, and would win, regardless of what the verdict is in this trial.
In Civil court the judgement is monetary. Of course, the family wouldn't get anything out of Jodi, but it would be for the principal of the thing. Also, they would be able to bring in EVERTHING---NO "it's too prejudicial against poor Jodi" BS!
I have no idea if they intend to do this, because they might be just too exhausted and wrecked up by this trial to pursue it. IF they do, I feel for sure they could get some attorney who would do it pro bono---for free.

Sorry; I'm way behind in reading here, but wanted to comment on this.

Regarding suing for defamation of character, Joey Jackson on HLN said that defamation/character assassination only applies to the living; not the deceased.

Also, he stated that Travis' family can NOT sue for wrongful death, because the Arizona statute of limitations for that is 2 years from the time of the death, so the window of opportunity for that passed long ago.

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 am

It would not be a state filing but a federal court filing; wrongful death is to deny a person of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness which is promised to us by our United States Constitution.

IIRC, however, a spouse, a child, and a parent may file for deprivation of the relationship (alienation of affections, perhaps?) but I do not believe siblings can qualify.

Not just the loss of affection may qualify but if the person also was contributing financially to the support of another, then that may qualify, too.

I don't believe there is a statue of limitations with the federal case;
IIRC, it runs a similar statue as murder. Since there is no end date for apprehension and trial for murder, then there can not be one for a wrongful suit UNLESS it applies for when the suit can be filed AFTER the conclusion of a murder trial. Might be a statue then... good question!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:51 am

Freckles wrote:
carlakay wrote:sorry the above is so long..tried to edit it but without glasses it proved impossible..anyhoo figured it was something of interest
Carla=
Solid contribution! Could you drop a link onto that and put it over in the court docs thread? May need to refer back in future. While it is technically NOT a court doc, it has to deal with the court... Cool

thank you..I was worried it was a bit too long to share but found it very interesting and thought yall would too. I totally forgot to add the link! Did and added it to court doc thread as asked.

man after reading that it makes ya realize just how crappy an expert witness ole AL really was..jeez it makes no sense to me why someone attempting to save anothers life would behave in such a manner..same goes for Wilmott and Nurmi..giggling..crotch rubbing n nose picking..I seriously believe they knew from get go they aint got a shot in hell at pulling this one off so behaving this way so she can file ineffected council..sorry bout spelling..pups woke me too early this morn
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 am

At least we know HE is alive.

tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 am

Hi everyone,

I saw the exchanges about jurors'questions, I would be interested in your thoughts about the fact that defense is able to query a witness for days and days, without being stopped, even if it appears obvious that all could be said in less than a day.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Cuz I know you are so well versed on this trial maybe you can help me.....I was looking for the text that from Travis that the so called expert was been using, the one with all the name calling and "you are the worst thing to happen to me" and I am looking for the email/ text to the girlfriend that people think Jodi wrote telling her not to be a whore or whatever it was....what are the dates of those as well

Hi Stina,

freckles can probably do a more thorough job; but, I might be able to get you started.

The e-mail to Lisa Andrews (TA was dating her at the time) was in Dec 2007. The e-mail was not saved and LA has NOT testified to the basic content of it, eg.. "committing a whoredom, etc" to the best of my knowledge. There is no actual document to view. I believe this and the tire slashing was ruled unproven and prejudicial.

The name calling text was the infamous 5/26/2008 text message fight that most of us assume was the catalyst for Jodi putting her murderous plan in motion. Calypso has posted the screen shots of these texts in the "Court Documents" thread under the Jodi Arias trial. It is the 6th post down. Hope this helps. Razz

edited by me in red

Guys, There is one email that Lisa Andrews got that said she was committing a 'whoredom' and stop seeing that man, blah blah blah. IF that is the one you are talking about, JODI DEFINITELY DID SEND THAT ANONYMOUSLY TO LISA. I believe it has not come into this trial, but it's out there somewhere, because I READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL ITSELF. It was a couple months ago, and I am sorry I can't remember where I found it, but if that is what you are referring to, it does exist, and maybe the state didn't use it because they couldn't prove Jodi sent it...OR
(wait for it....)
MAYBE it's coming in in rebuttal---Juan has a computer expert testifying.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #13 - Page 19 Empty Exclusive Jodi Arias Trial "Live Feed", Tweets, News page

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 am

Reminder:

For those who don't know . . .

Justice4All, Site Admin and part owner, has set up an exclusive page for the Jodi Arias trial which includes a "live stream" of the trial, tweets and feeds from various media regarding articles about Jodi Arias and the trial. You can watch the trial and the tweets at the same time . . . all on one page.

Special thanks to J4A for this awesome feature. He is the best and does such wonderful things for us here at RC!

Here is the direct Link:

http://www.realitychatter.com/?pid=1
RC - Jodi Arias trial and News

Or . . . you can go to the Homepage and click on Arias Trial Live Stream which is under Quick Links at the top of the page.
~~~~~

If you would like to "Live Chat", we have a "live chat" which is open 24/7 (as long as we all behave and do not create problems). Click on Forum and scroll down to CHATBOX. Click on LogIn (upper right corner).

If you would like to pop the Chatbox out, click on CHATBOX.

Here is a direct Link to the Chatbox popped out:

http://www.realitychatter.com/chatbox/index.forum?
RC - Chatbox - "Live" Chat
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 am

olivier57 wrote:Hi everyone,

I saw the exchanges about jurors'questions, I would be interested in your thoughts about the fact that defense is able to query a witness for days and days, without being stopped, even if it appears obvious that all could be said in less than a day.
Olivier, I believe the judge has given great latitude to the defense so that when all is said and done, this verdict will not be reversed on appeal. Pretty much any guilty verdict will be appealed. They cannot claim that their witnesses were muzzled because clearly that is not the case. As much as it has been an agony to watch this trial unfold as it has, the diarrhea of the mouth of both Dr. Dick and Alyce have given Juantastic so much to work with. The jury, in my opinion, has had their eyes opened to the shenanigans that are going on.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 am

IMO the DT purposely dragged out their defense. It could be for various reasons. 1) to make sure that the jury got so bored they would stop listening 2) stay in the spotlight for publicity for their law practices 3) JA told them to do it so the trial would make her famous 4) so the so-called experts could make more money 5) etc. ( lol )

I also believe that the judge bent over backwards for the defense and wanted to try and not have to do this again.

I did not like all of the same questions over and over again. I wish the judge would have told them to knock it off. I don't remember any other trial that did this.
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:58 am

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/12/jodi-arias-murder-trial-hln-case-you-missed-it?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
HLNtv -- 4/13/13

Arias neighbor: Whenever Jodi speaks, she lies

•In Case You Missed It: It's HLN's best videos of the week

•Jodi Arias is accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander; she claims self-defense

The Jodi Arias murder trial continues to dominate your interests. In case you missed it, this week we heard discussions about the possible method in which Arias killed Travis Alexander, why she got close to her mother after the killing and whether her defense team's expert witness shows any form of bias. Before court goes back in session next week, catch up on what you need to know.

Did Jodi's expert witness show bias?

New theory: Is this how Jodi killed Travis?

Juan vs. witness: Like 'heavyweight bout'

Why did Jodi get close to mom after killing?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 am

tesstruhart wrote:

Olivier, I believe the judge has given great latitude to the defense so that when all is said and done, this verdict will not be reversed on appeal. Pretty much any guilty verdict will be appealed. They cannot claim that their witnesses were muzzled because clearly that is not the case. As much as it has been an agony to watch this trial unfold as it has, the diarrhea of the mouth of both Dr. Dick and Alyce have given Juantastic so much to work with. The jury, in my opinion, has had their eyes opened to the shenanigans that are going on.

Great post Tess!
Since it is DP, I think it's good the gravity of the situation is lost on no one. The jurors have given these witnesses a second chance to answer the questions instead of spew snark and go off on tangents about TA. I think that is a great thing. The contrast between the easy answers they give Wilmott and the defiance they display with Martinez is shown for what it is- a stubborn refusal to frame their answers in any way that was not predetermined with the defense team. The jurors have seen the script, and know the holes in the plot all too well.
I think the defense witnesses are completely unethical, and have been exposed as such.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

Hi Stina,

freckles can probably do a more thorough job; but, I might be able to get you started.

The e-mail to Lisa Andrews (TA was dating her at the time) was in Dec 2007. The e-mail was not saved and LA has NOT testified to the basic content of it, eg.. "committing a whoredom, etc" to the best of my knowledge. There is no actual document to view. I believe this and the tire slashing was ruled unproven and prejudicial.

The name calling text was the infamous 5/26/2008 text message fight that most of us assume was the catalyst for Jodi putting her murderous plan in motion. Calypso has posted the screen shots of these texts in the "Court Documents" thread under the Jodi Arias trial. It is the 6th post down. Hope this helps. Razz

edited by me in red

I can guarantee this email was saved. I read the whole thing somewhere online, but I don't remember where.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Juan does have a computer guru on the list for rebuttal. Mike Brown. This guy has an impressive background including FBI, if I'm not mistaken. Me thinks he is going to have a LOT to say about missy's Einstein computer skills!!!
JMO

Lol! Can't wait!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Pianist wrote:

My Life, I am curious about the e-mail highlighted above. If there is not a copy of it, how did it get introduced at trial? I missed that somewhere along the line.

You didn't miss anything. It was not introduced at trial. I just went back and checked and LA only testified that Travis became angry and threw his phone after seeing "damage" to his car. It happened in the same time frame that someone (Um, Jodi) was slashing Travis and Lisa's tires. It was ruled prejudicial and is not admissable to the best of my knowledge. I will edit my post to reflect this. Thanks Razz

Funny how the fact that T. tossed his phone in anger comes out to jury, but the REASON for T's phone throw is not allowed to come out, AND the fact that that reason is that he tossed his phone in frustration upon finding tires slashed by STALKER Jodi is hidden! (CONTEXT, ALV! CONTEXT!!!!!!)

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:Responding to this from above:

"I wonder if the family can now take ALV to court for defamation of character and sue her, due to the fact the yesterday she reinforced Jodi's claim by stating there was other evidence to confirm the pedo claim."

My response:
They cannot because the law allows defendant and defendant's witnesses to do that in order to defend themselves in a murder case. Nuts, isn't it!
BUT...Here's the good news---BUT, THE ALEXANDER FAMILY most certainly can file a CIVIL action against Jodi for wrongful death as the Goldman's did in the OJ Simpson case. They can file, and would win, regardless of what the verdict is in this trial.
In Civil court the judgement is monetary. Of course, the family wouldn't get anything out of Jodi, but it would be for the principal of the thing. Also, they would be able to bring in EVERTHING---NO "it's too prejudicial against poor Jodi" BS!
I have no idea if they intend to do this, because they might be just too exhausted and wrecked up by this trial to pursue it. IF they do, I feel for sure they could get some attorney who would do it pro bono---for free.

Sorry; I'm way behind in reading here, but wanted to comment on this.

Regarding suing for defamation of character, Joey Jackson on HLN said that defamation/character assassination only applies to the living; not the deceased.

Also, he stated that Travis' family can NOT sue for wrongful death, because the Arizona statute of limitations for that is 2 years from the time of the death, so the window of opportunity for that passed long ago.

I would want confirmation of that---(not really believing that right now as is contradictory to all I have heard). IMO the family couldn't sue because the evidence was all tied up waiting for the criminal trial to begin, and THAT took almost 5 years! I have heard others say on TV that the Alexander family could MOST DEFINITELY file a civil wrongful death action after the trial. May or may not be true, but I would accept what an attorney has to say about it...
Witnesses for the defendant in a murder trial cannot be sued for defamation, even if the do (and they DO) lie.
Sucky, but that's our legal system.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Would it be necessary for the Travis's family to sue JA to avoid her making benefits from the story ? Will the so called 'Son of Sam' law apply in AZ ? Who will ask for it then ? What did happen for C.Anthony ?

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm

tesstruhart wrote:At least we know HE is alive.

I wish we could get more info on this. He must be aware of the trial. I wonder when it was that he called Jodi's mom---Long time ago? During this trial? You would think he might want to comment, if above is true, since JA threw him under the bus and painted him in a not so flattering light, (like almost everyone else).
I would love to know what he is thinking about all this. I wonder if he was suprised. Methinks that there were a few rough patches in the Arias/Darryl Brewer relationship too, that Darryl just chose not to mention.
Wish we could find out where BJ is, and his opinion on what's going down...

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

olivier57 wrote:Would it be necessary for the Travis's family to sue JA to avoid her making benefits from the story ? Will the so called 'Son of Sam' law apply in AZ ? Who will ask for it then ? What did happen for C.Anthony ?

If Jodi is convicted and on death row SOS law applies; it doesn't make any difference where she is. I THINK it applies if she's convicted of murder one, but it MIGHT be only if on death row...Have to see if we can clarify.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
olivier57 wrote:Would it be necessary for the Travis's family to sue JA to avoid her making benefits from the story ? Will the so called 'Son of Sam' law apply in AZ ? Who will ask for it then ? What did happen for C.Anthony ?

If Jodi is convicted and on death row SOS law applies; it doesn't make any difference where she is. I THINK it applies if she's convicted of murder one, but it MIGHT be only if on death row...Have to see if we can clarify.

I found this tweet as well. Interesting that he has arrest photo
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm

tesstruhart wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

O.k. Chris Stark, so tell us the details.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:52 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:At least we know HE is alive.

I wish we could get more info on this. He must be aware of the trial. I wonder when it was that he called Jodi's mom---Long time ago? During this trial? You would think he might want to comment, if above is true, since JA threw him under the bus and painted him in a not so flattering light, (like almost everyone else).
I would love to know what he is thinking about all this. I wonder if he was suprised. Methinks that there were a few rough patches in the Arias/Darryl Brewer relationship too, that Darryl just chose not to mention.
Wish we could find out where BJ is, and his opinion on what's going down...
Hi.. I posted way back in #10 that Bobby was alive and living in Honolulu Hawaii. Got this info You Tube... Title is Bobby Jaurez Blackmail and abuse.. His ex girlfriend on a maui wowi high rambles a bit but gives up some tea..Around min 9 She talk's about his relationship with Jodi.. enjoy this is a fun one.
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:01 pm

LoriKaye wrote:
Hi.. I posted way back in #10 that Bobby was alive and living in Honolulu Hawaii. Got this info You Tube... Title is Bobby Jaurez Blackmail and abuse.. His ex girlfriend on a maui wowi high rambles a bit but gives up some tea..Around min 9 She talk's about his relationship with Jodi.. enjoy this is a fun one.

LoriKaye, is this the video you are talking about? I advanced the video and at 9:38, the gal starts talking about Jodi Arias.

Jodi Arias, Bobby Juarez, Blackmail and Abuse

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiFyta_6nE
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:

O.k. Chris Stark, so tell us the details.
Ditto .. why not just give us the goods. If it turns out he is living in Honolulu Hawaii I'm going to be peeved. I posted this info days ago. No one responded to it .. Is it because I'm a newbie and don't know what I'm talking about. Now.. Ifffff by some chance he is not living in Honolulu Hawaii Uh.. What do you know.. I am a newbie and I don't know what I'm talking about..Hee Hee P.S I need someone to friend me look at my profile under friends it says 0. I feel bad for me..
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
LoriKaye wrote:

LoriKaye, is this the video you are talking about? I advanced the video and at 9:38, the gal starts talking about Jodi Arias.

Jodi Arias, Bobby Juarez, Blackmail and Abuse

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiFyta_6nE
That be the one.. what did you think.
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:31 pm

post ...from a WS post. I know that you are looking for this letter and I found it by accident, I am not very computer savvy , so I hope I have transferred this properly.

... text from the anonymous email sent to Lisa, right after the tire slashing:

"You are a shameful whore. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you've committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving, away the Holy Ghost. and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of the Lord. You cannot be ashamed enough of yourself. You are filthy, and you need to repent and become clean in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future , your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions . You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don't ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.'

mom_in_il
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Freckles wrote:
Pianist wrote:

This tramp is also street smart. She probably used someone else's computer.
Proxy to boot.
Paul Stern, the man who loaned her money for the fatal trip to Mesa, said JA was ALWAYS using the computer in the restaurant in her off duty hours. That is how they met. And, the day he loaned her the money, she was , again, ON THE COMPUTER.
IIRC, the restaurant was something like the Vendatta?

Didn't JA take her laptop with her when she went to Travis' on that June 2008 trip?
Wondering about that.
Also, JA, in the PD interview with Det Flores, expressed concern over items she had in storage unit; asked if Matt could come and get her cameras and things as she supposedly had been paid for the wedding pics and had not delivered them...When I first heard this, I wondered IF a search warrant had been delivered on that unit? Were the cameras recovered? Any way to determine IF she had transferred images from a camera in the unit to her lap top to Travis' camera or his computer?

I find it interesting JA now, of late, has found a cell phone which she had reported missing. And the cell phone is sposed to have more sex talk recorded between JA and TA.. I smell a rat in this.... Where has Sue Allen, sister to Sandy, gone this past week?
Ooooh I never new JA had a storage unit and wanted Matt to get her camera's and stuff. Do you know if they let him. I'm sure the answer a big NO. I'm in the camp who thinks JA and MM together killed Travis, so anything about MM is of interest. Ive got some scoop regarding Paul Stern:He said in interviews that he lives in Big sur-- Not true.. He lives in Coyote Ridge Rd Aptos Ca. Million dollar home (lives with his parents) He was busted by Monterey PD in 2011 for DUI and Possession of Cocaine. Known drug dealer in Big Sur area. I got more if you want, let me know.. Also the computer she uses at the Ventanna Inn are property of hotel they are at the bar they rent by the hour for guest to use, like video poker games at the bar in casinos. She uses them for her dirty work.. Can't be linked to her that way..Sneaky that one..
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

~~~~~

(760) 825-0933

Bumping! Show time in about 25 minutes.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriKaye Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:45 pm

This from JA's journal was obviously written to spook someone that may be involved somehow to get this person (MM) to go along with whatever it is that she is cooking up. Or Else!!!. So My question is.. Any one here know who is in Jodi's world drives a Yellow truck ??http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjogbm
LoriKaye
LoriKaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next