Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method

+3
renatae
sitemama
Mylife101
7 posters

Go down

Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method Empty Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method

Post by renatae Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi, everyone! Would sure like your opinions on these points! Feel free to elaborate/add your own answer! Cool

Realizing that your opinion may change, at this point in time:

A. What do you think was Jodi's *primary* motive for killing Travis?

1. Revenge for rejection.

2. Fear that Travis would expose her as he threatened during the
text argument circa 26 May.

B. Do you think Jodi took the gun and the knife because:

1. It was a contingency plan in case one method failed.

2. She intended to use them both in order to make him suffer to the greatest extent.

C. Do you think the savagery of the attack was:

1. Intentional and cold blooded in order to make him suffer.

2. Secondary to wanting to make sure he was dead.

3. Because she just "lost it."

D. If you believe the shot came after the knife attack, why do you think she shot him after he was dead?

E. Do you think the way she caught him off guard was to trick him into doing the "Psycho"
poses and/or do you think the poses were deliberately mimicking the movie?

Thanks!

Last edited by renatae on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add "Realizing your opinion may change...")
renatae
renatae

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method Empty Re: Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 pm

My answers in red

Both. A combination of 1. and 2.

2. She intended to use them both in order to make him suffer to the greatest extent.

None of the above. She planned a neat, quick FU and didn't anticipate so much resistance.

D. If you believe the shot came after the knife attack, why do you think she shot him after he was dead?

His body's convulsions freaked her out and she got the gun to work.

E. Do you think the way she caught him off guard was to trick him into doing the "Psycho"

He wasn't posing. I think she took bulk of pix without TA's knowledge. Once spotted, JA ordered him to sit down at gunpoint. Gun jammed. Attacked with contingency plan knife.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method Empty Re: Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method

Post by renatae Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks, MyLife! You have some interesting takes that I've never even considered, especially that he convulsed and that freaked her out.

Last edited by renatae on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

[quote="renatae"]Hi, everyone! Would sure like your opinions on these points! Feel free to elaborate/add your own answer! Cool

3. I think the knife was already there, and she took it into bathroom when she took the gun in.

I think she did shoot him first, he got out of shower, stood over the sink bleeding, she grabbed the knife, stabbing him in the back as he held onto the cabinet to steady himself. Then he dropped to floor, started crawling away from her. She caught him, pulled his head back, slit his throat, then she pulled him back into the shower and proceeded to continue to stab him until he was dead.

I have no idea about that.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Guess I should add my own guesses, although I will find yours more interesting!

Me, in red.

I'm seriously undecided at this time. Waffle, waffle.

I asked this question because I think the shot was last, and I'm mystified why she would do this, but I think it is most likely that she wanted to ensure he was dead.

I'm leaning toward thinking she convinced Travis to pose this way, because I saw many more pictures than we usually see last night, at least ten, which so closely mimic the movie that I have a hard time thinking it could be coincidence. Otherwise, the story sounds like vintage Jodi machinations, and I don't believe Travis was so "into" Psycho that this would be his idea. I do vacillate between "posing" and surprised, because, except for some of those photos, especially the one where Travis is facing upward toward the showerhead with his mouth open as if he's just ecstatic, looking so much like one of the Janet Leigh poses, I fully thought she completely surprised him in the shower. On the fence here as well, which is the reason i asked you all for your opinions!

Thanks!
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 pm

[quote="sitemama"]
renatae wrote:Hi, everyone! Would sure like your opinions on these points! Feel free to elaborate/add your own answer! Cool

3. I think the knife was already there, and she took it into bathroom when she took the gun in.

I think she did shoot him first, he got out of shower, stood over the sink bleeding, she grabbed the knife, stabbing him in the back as he held onto the cabinet to steady himself. Then he dropped to floor, started crawling away from her. She caught him, pulled his head back, slit his throat, then she pulled him back into the shower and proceeded to continue to stab him until he was dead.

I have no idea about that.

Thanks, sitemama! I think your ideas on D make a lot of sense, because it fits in with a lot of the blood evidence and just overall seems logical.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 pm

But she was not stabbing him because he was attacking her. He was unable to attack her due to the head shot. He went to the mirror to see how much damage was done. I also think she took the picture of him sitting in the shower because he made him sit down at gun point. I dont care what that stupid guy was able to see in that reflection in TA's eye. She adsolutely did have the gun in her hand, and the camera was being held around her neck by a strap. She only needed one hand to made that picture.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Agreed, sitemama!

I'm leaning towards shot last, however, because I don't think he would have been able to stand up in the shower after having been shot in the seated position (which I also believe she forced him to do) and walk toward the sink after the head wound, which I think would have incapacitated him.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 am

yes I am leaning towards shot last too, I think she stabbed him in the shower and he got to the sink where he was bleeding and she continually kept stabbing him in the back until he fell and tried to crawl away but she caught him and pulled his head back and slit his throat, dragged him to the bathroom, shot him just to make sure he was dead and put him in the shower where she washed most of the blood of him.
Trueblue
Trueblue

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 am

renatae wrote:Hi, everyone! Would sure like your opinions on these points! Feel free to elaborate/add your own answer! Cool

Realizing that your opinion may change, at this point in time:

Yes---but she wanted ownership and control of his life and rejection removed that.

Yes. She was not able to "smooth talk" or make right whatever she had done and she had lost control of Travis--- her main objective. He could ruin her attempts to latch on to her dream life.

Yes. If one works then two must be better. IMO, she really knew nothing about guns but had been exposed to knives thru her father's business, etc..

Yes. After the first attack, she could not let me get out alive. Due to the speed of her attacking actions, her intensity/emotions were beyond even her own control.I have seen this where the person has some some mental issues and is obsessing on how they have felt offended.

He was probably convulsing with death and she was not rational. She may have thot he was still alive. May have been to confuse the death scene.

Dunno. Maybe. IMO, she wanted to "hide" his body until after Cancun so she chose the shower and locked the door to delay discovery. She took the poses so she could quickly determine how to fit the body into the shower when he was dead. So she could figure where to stab him in the back, the chest. She picked the shower for clean-up. I don't think she intended anything more than a few quick thrusts and he would be dead. To think he WAS still alive when she slit his throat is rather terrible...it just compounds it all.

Thanks!
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:02 am

I believe he was shot last. I believe that she deliberately made him pose in the shower and sit on the floor of the shower because she thought she would kill him there with the plunge to the heart. Then it would be an easy clean up because he would allready be in the shower. But the knife to the chest didn't kill him right away and he managed to get to his feet and try and ward off her knife. He made it to the sink which is where she tried to finish the job (she just had to finish the job). When Travis continued to breath she decided to cut his throat and then drag him to the shower (which was the original plan, in the shower). The gun shot was just "make extra sure he is dead".

However, I believe that she brought two weapons to Travis' house in the event that he was there with another woman. She was not going to waste this long planned trip just because he had a female there. She would kill them both, using different weapons for each one, thus creating a scenerio that more than one perp was involved.

She decided to use both on Travis because he just wouldn't die.

Reason for the murder, she couldn't take the rejection, she became obsessed with Travis and wasn't going to let go. He would be dead first before marrying anyone other than her.

She is a cold blooded murderer.

I also believe that she wanted Travis to suffer, to see his death coming, to give him the best sex ever and if he still chose to leave her or go on that trip with Mimi, he was going to die before she would let that happen..

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:03 am

The shower scene from the movie would fit into a modern day "ninjas did it" I spose.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 am

Gizmo- Poll regarding Jodi's motivation, means, and method 88030 You put your fingers on my pulse!
Agree with EVERYTHING you said!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:06 am

I think she allowed Travis to take those pictures of her to gain his confidence. Then she had him pose in the shower. (I let you take pictures of me now I take pictures of you, type of thing.) Travis, knowing that it was his camera didn't object because he would be in control of the pictures.

Of course never realizing what Jodi was about to do.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:08 am

Freckles wrote:The shower scene from the movie would fit into a modern day "ninjas did it" I spose.

It is creepy how the whole scenerio matched the murder scene in "Psycho". The poses were almost exact.

I sure hope this woman never gets out of prison because she will sure enough do this again.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 am

Travis had a stab wound to his r/side of the neck.
IMO, that was the first stab wound he got.
It was when he was seated in the shower.
He got up, tried to grab the gun, got the defense wounds, she dropped the camera as she fought to keep the knife.
He made it to the sink as started blowing out the blood.
She started the back stabs, and reached around for the frontal stabs.
He tried escaping/ get to a telephone; went to the hall.
He collapsed on the wall leaving the huge blood smear.
He tried a few more futile crawls before collapsing on the floor.
She jumped on him, pulled his head back, slit his throat.
She rolled him over, grabbed his arms/legs and pulled him back into the bath.
His body was convulsing in death. She thot he was alive.
She grabbed the gun and shot him.
She stuffed him in the shower and stood over him to wash the blood off herself. May have used the towel to slide on to get to the closet for fresh clothing.

She did use the bath downstairs.May have been when she was putting laundry in the washer.
IMO, she noticed she was bleeding so tended to her "paper cut" and got band-aids there.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Freckles wrote:The shower scene from the movie would fit into a modern day "ninjas did it" I spose.

It is creepy how the whole scenerio matched the murder scene in "Psycho". The poses were almost exact.

I sure hope this woman never gets out of prison because she will sure enough do this again.
She has, IMO, a photographic mind. (This is why she stares and watches so intently. It is committing to memory for later recall. ) May be why she can sketch as she does.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Sun May 26, 2013 10:10 pm

A combination of 2 (which I believe is : that she scared him into being with her by stating she was pregnant. He found out that it was a lie and was going to expose her. AND
3) Jealousy : The oldest reason in the world "If I can't have you no one will " scenario

I'm not sure about this one ... all scenarios mentioned so far are plausable.

this one is easy RAGE - HATE - LOVE - PAIN (HOW dare you Travis say NO to me)

Again ... this one IS difficult to decide

I think that this was so well thought out, she had to make him vulnerable (naked & in an enclosed location) to overpower him (which makes me think she may have had the gun pointed at him at the time)[b]

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Mon May 27, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks, councy, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks, everybody else - it's great to have everyone's well thought out opinions!
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by councy Mon May 27, 2013 2:24 pm

renatae wrote:Thanks, councy, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks, everybody else - it's great to have everyone's well thought out opinions!
Thank you for the warm welcome ... I have been watching this trial closely and I am curious to learn more about the "why"

councy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down