Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA

3 posters

Go down

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Empty Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Photos: Oakland police and FBI search for missing 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb of Oakland

Posted Jul 10, 2013
Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Eoak0712missing02-L

Oakland police and members of the Federal Bureau of Investigation search homes on Greenridge Drive off Keller Avenue in Oakland, Calif., on Wednesday, July 10, 2013. John Anthony Webb, 49, father of missing 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb, lives on Greenridge Drive. Webb said his daughter disappeared when he left her in his black Ford SUV with an elderly relative and went into Gazzali’s Supermarket at 78th and International Boulevard on Wednesday morning around 11:00 a.m. Webb is being questioned by police but not a suspect at this time. OPD also searched the Martin Luther King Regional Shoreline Park at Doolittle Drive and Swan Way, beginning a search of the park around sunset. Oakland police officer Johnna Watson said that police were searching every place in the city that they knew the father and daughter had recently visited together.

Photo Gallery:

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2013/07/10/photos-oakland-police-and-fbi-search-for-missing-21-month-old-daphne-viola-webb-of-oakland/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father of missing Oakland toddler arrested

Carolyn Jones
Updated 8:30 pm, Thursday, July 11, 2013

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA 628x471
Daphne Viola Webb Photo: Oakland Police, Courtesy Of Oakland Police

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA 628x471
John Anthony Webb, arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment in the disappearance of his 21-month-old daughter, Daphne Viola Webb, on July 10, 2013. Photo: Oakland Police, Courtesy Of Oakland Police

Police intensified their search for a missing Oakland toddler Thursday, a day after arresting the girl's father on charges that he put the child in danger by leaving her in a car with her grandmother, who has dementia.

John Anthony Webb, 49, was arrested Wednesday night as police investigated the alleged kidnapping of 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb, whom he had reported missing earlier in the day.

Webb is being held at Santa Rita Jail on $100,000 bail. He faces charges of felony child endangerment for leaving his daughter in his SUV with his 87-year-old mother while he stopped at Gazzali's market, a convenience store at International Boulevard and 79th Avenue, about 11 a.m. Wednesday.

When he returned to the car, he found the girl missing, police said.

Read more:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Father-of-missing-Oakland-toddler-arrested-4659668.php#photo-4903268
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Empty Re: Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Police Continuing Search For Missing Oakland Girl

by Bay City News| July 11, 2013 7:29 pm
Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fsfappeal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Fwebbfamily

7/12 12:42 PM: The Alameda County District Attorney’s Office has declined to file charges against an Oakland man whose 21-month-old child was reported missing Wednesday, prosecutors said.

Daphne Viola Webb was reported missing Wednesday morning by her father, 49-year-old John Anthony Webb.
Webb told police his daughter was abducted by a stranger at about 11 a.m. while she sat in a parked car with his 87-year-old mother while he went inside to buy something at the Gazza Supermarket at 7838 International Blvd.

Authorities have been searching for the little girl and arrested Webb Thursday on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

Webb was held at Santa Rita Jail on $100,000 bail, but district attorney’s office spokeswoman Teresa Drenick said today that no charges are being filed against him pending further investigation.

Read more:

http://sfappeal.com/2013/07/police-continuing-search-for-missing-oakland-girl-after-fathers-arrest/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Empty Re: Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Oakland Police Search Water For Missing Girl After Father’s Arrest

July 11, 2013 11:44 PM

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Oakland police, with the assistance of the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, are continuing to actively search for a 21-month-old girl who was reported missing by her father Wednesday morning, a police spokeswoman said.

~Snipped~

She said John Webb has been arrested on suspicion of felony child endangerment because officers are “concerned” that he left Daphne in the care of his mother, who suffers from dementia.

Watson said investigators also are “concerned about the relationship between the father and the child” but didn’t elaborate.

~Snipped~

According to Alameda County sheriff’s records, Webb is being held at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin in lieu of $100,000 bail and tentatively is scheduled to be arraigned at 2 p.m. on Friday.

However, a spokeswoman for the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office said Webb hasn’t been charged yet. Watson said she’s been told that Webb may be released on bail shortly.

Read more:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/07/11/oakland-police-search-water-for-missing-girl-after-fathers-arrest/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Oakland: DA declines to file charges against father of missing toddler

By Harry Harris, Kristin J. Bender and Natalie Neysa Alund, Oakland Tribune

Posted:   07/12/2013 08:03:03 AM PDT
Updated:   07/12/2013 02:45:55 PM PDT

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA 20130711_120239_daphne
Daphne Viola Webb (Oakland Police Department)

OAKLAND -- As police continued a search for a missing toddler on Friday by blanketing neighborhoods with fliers and searching an Oakland waterfront park by helicopter, officials announced that child endangerment charges would not be filed against the girl's father.

The girl's father, John Anthony Webb, 49, had been arrested on suspicion of child endangerment after 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb, went missing on Wednesday.

On Friday, however, Alameda County Deputy District Attorney Teresa Drenick said her office had declined to file charges against Webb. It was not known when he would be released from custody.

Police said Friday they did not plan to continue with marine and ground units searching at the Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline Park near the Oakland International Airport, but would use helicopter patrols in the area.

In addition, they planned to continue combing the area around the 1400 block of 79th Avenue where Webb said his daughter was taken from his SUV while he was in a store.

Read more:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23648330/oakland-search-continues-missing-toddler
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Mother of missing 21-month-old speaks out about daughter, pleads for her return

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune

Posted:   07/12/2013 06:32:30 PM PDT
Updated:   07/12/2013 07:10:27 PM PDT

OAKLAND -- The mother of a missing 21-month-old girl said she is devastated and confused about her missing baby, but she refused to speculate Friday about whether the child's father, who was released from jail after prosecutors declined to charge him with child endangerment, played a role in her disappearance.

"There are so many things that don't make sense," said Kiana Davis-Webb, 31, of Oakland. "We just don't know really what to think right now. I don't know if he was overwhelmed or what is going on. They are trying to paint a negative picture of him that makes him look like a criminal."

~Snipped~

Police spokeswoman Officer Johnna Watson said Davis-Webb is not a person of interest in this case and the father has not been named by police as a suspect. The only suspect is an unidentified woman who witnesses described as walking away from the SUV with a child matching Daphne's description, Watson said.

Davis-Webb said she has spoken only once to her husband since the girl went missing, and until Friday she has been largely silent about the case that has drawn national attention.

"I've been very private about my personal feelings about what  think happened, and I'd like to keep it that way," she said Friday.

Davis-Webb, who is living in a residential substance abuse treatment facility, has had trouble with the law before, but she said Friday that she was working to improve her life.

Read more:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23652297/mother-missing-21-month-old-speaks-out-about
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Missing Oakland toddler's father to be freed

Carolyn Jones
Updated 7:48 pm, Friday, July 12, 2013

The father of an Oakland toddler who was reported missing Wednesday was to be freed from jail late Friday after the district attorney declined to charge him with child endangerment.

John Anthony Webb, 49, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of felony child endangerment after he told police he left his 21-month-old daughter in a car with his elderly mother, who has dementia, while he stopped at a convenience store in East Oakland.

The girl, Daphne Viola Webb, was gone when he returned to the car around 11 a.m. Wednesday, he told police. Bystanders reported seeing a black or Latino woman in her 30s, wearing a light-colored top and blue jeans, carrying a girl who matches Daphne's description.

At the time of her disappearance, Daphne was wearing two-piece orange pajamas with pink hearts and pink socks, police said.

Read more:

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Missing-Oakland-toddler-s-father-to-be-freed-4661749.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:06 am

Oakland father continues search for missing toddler

Saturday, July 13, 2013

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The search continues for a missing toddler in Oakland whose father says was abducted from the family's car.

On Saturday, 49-year-old Anthony Webb returned to the area where he says his daughter was abducted on Wednesday. He was looking for clues and talking to people in the neighborhood.

Webb was released from jail Friday night after police dropped charges of child endangerment against him.

They're not convinced 21-month-old Daphne Violet Webb was abducted.

Webb says someone snatched the girl and stole his mother's purse while he was inside a neighborhood store. He spoke with reporters after being released from jail.

"My daughter's missing, and I have to live with that. Even though I'm out of jail, I'm still not free," said Webb. "Who saw me? I don't know who saw me to tell you the truth. But like I said, I'm a homebody, Daphne's at home, my mom's at home, and I talk to my wife everyday where she's at and she hears her in the background playing."

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9171737
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm

The story of Daphne Viola is terribly sad, this little girl was living in the streets with her drug addicted mother, a part of one of her ears is missing, her father refused to tell the media how she lost part of her ear. She was apparently removed from her mother by the Child Protective Services and was placed in her father's care, her mother entered a drug rehab facility. Now she is missing, she was allegedly kidnapped from her father's SUV.

“Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul”Dave Pelzer.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 am

Teams search park trails for missing Oakland girl

Posted: 11:43 a.m. Sunday, July 14, 2013

KTVU and Wires

OAKLAND, Calif. — Oakland police joined local teams Sunday searching park trails for any sign of a missing 21-month-old girl who disappeared from a parked car in East Oakland last week.

Search teams were concentrating their efforts on a series of trails near the home of Daphne Webb's father along Keller Avenue and Greenridge Drive, Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said.

A staging area was established near an apartment building at 750 Canyon Oaks Drive, in Oakland.

Read more:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/teams-focus-park-trails-search-missing-oakland-gir/nYqRQ/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 am

OAKLAND: Search for missing Oakland girl launched in Oakland hills wilderness area

VIDEO:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/oakland-search-for-missing-oakland-girl-launched/v6YdX/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm a tiny bit confused here. Was the father ALSO homeless and living out of his Ford SUV with his senile mother?

This doesn't sound good, either. The father said "My daughter is missing and now I have to live with that"

That statement is so "permanent". ugh
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Mari 68 wrote:I'm a tiny bit confused here.  Was the father ALSO homeless and living out of his Ford SUV with his senile mother?

This doesn't sound good, either.  The father said "My daughter is missing and now I have to live with that"

That statement is so "permanent".  ugh

He is not homeless, I'm not sure if he lives with his mother. His mother was of no help to the police because she has dementia.

He told the police that he left Daphne in the car with his mother while he went inside a convenience store, and when he returned to the car Daphne was gone. No one has seen him with his daughter in the last two weeks, he claims that he talked to his wife everyday and that she could hear Daphne playing in the background.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Mari 68 wrote:I'm a tiny bit confused here.  Was the father ALSO homeless and living out of his Ford SUV with his senile mother?

This doesn't sound good, either.  The father said "My daughter is missing and now I have to live with that"

That statement is so "permanent".  ugh

He is not homeless, I'm not sure if he lives with his mother. His mother was of no help to the police  because she has dementia.

He told the police that he left Daphne in the car with his mother while he went inside a convenience store, and when he returned to the car Daphne was gone. No one has seen him with his daughter in the last two weeks, he claims that he talked to his wife everyday and that she could hear Daphne playing in the background.

No one has seen him with his daughter in the last two weeks.

Oh boy.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:12 pm

It's all over our local news, something is just not right. Who leaves a toddler with a person suffering from dementia, sounds extremely fishy to me.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Oakland Police Release New Photo In Effort To Find Missing Child

By Bay City News  | July 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fsfappeal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FDaphneWebbNewPhoto07.15.13
Daphne Viola Webb

~Snipped~

Watson said today that in conjunction with releasing a new photo of Daphne (above) as well as a photo of Webb’s vehicle (below) police are asking for the public’s help in establishing a timeline of when Webb and Daphne were last seen together.

Daphne is described by police as black with short, curly black hair, a deformity in her left ear and as 2 feet tall and 30 pounds.

She was last seen wearing orange two-piece pajamas with pink hearts.

Police are still seeking and treating as a suspect a woman described as black or Hispanic and in her 30s with long black hair, wearing a light-colored top and blue jeans, who witnesses said they saw seen walking away from the Gazza Supermarket area Wednesday morning with a girl similar to Daphne.

However, Watson said no one has reported actually seeing Daphne get abducted.

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA WebbVehicle07.15.13

Read more:

http://sfappeal.com/2013/07/oakland-police-release-new-photo-in-effort-to-find-missing-child/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Grandfather announces renewed efforts to find 21MO girl

Posted: 6:47 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA DaphneWebbHat
Daphne Webb findbabydaphne.com

KTVU.com

SAN FRANCISCO — The maternal grandfather of missing 21-month-old girl Daphne Viola Webb announced Tuesday that her family has set up a website to serve as a central information hub in the search for Daphne.

Kevin Davis, the father of Kiana Davis-Webb, who is Daphne's mother, said at a news conference outside the Oakland Police Department that, “The past few days have been the worst nightmare of any parent and for me, as baby Daphne's grandfather, this is a deeply troubling and anxious time.”

Read more:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/grandfather-announces-renewed-efforts-find-21mo-gi/nYsX2/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA DaphneWebb.com
Patti Lee/ktvu.com
Davis family at press conference

OAKLAND: Family continues search for missing toddler

VIDEO:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/oakland-family-continues-search-for-missing/v6kq4/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:55 pm

"Oakland: Relatives say missing 21-month-old girl has not been seen since June 27"

Source: Oakland Tribune

Family holds emotional vigil for missing Oakland girl

Posted: 10:51 p.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2013

KTVU.com

OAKLAND, Calif. — The family of a 21-month-old Daphne Webb held an emotional prayer vigil Wednesday night to mark the week that has passed since she disappeared from her father's car parked on an Oakland street.

Daphne's father, John Webb, told KTVU some tips have come in, but there have been no substantial leads for police.

Her mother Kiana Webb sang a song in tribute to her little girl who loved music. She said the last week has been devastating.

Read more:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/missing-girl-vigil/nYtfG/

OAKLAND: Crowd gathers at emotional vigil for missing girl

VIDEO:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/oakland-crowd-gathers-at-emotional-vigil-for/v6rnj/

Vigil Held for Missing Daphne Webb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQvzNB5cmcU&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Mother of missing Oakland toddler pled ‘no contest’ to child endangerment

Posted: 11:59 a.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA DAphnemom2

Kiana Davis-Webb and Daphne

KTVU.com and wires

OAKLAND, Calif. — The mother of missing 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb was ordered not to do any harm to her daughter after being found passed out in her car with Daphne back in February, according to court records.

Kiana Davis-Webb, 31, also known as Kiana Janelle Davis, was arrested Feb. 18 after she admitted to police that she had consumed Vicodin and alcohol before operating a car with Daphne in the back seat, according to records.

Oakland police Officer Alonzo Weatherly said in a report filed in court that a pedestrian called police “out of concern” for Daphne after seeing Davis-Webb passed out behind the wheel of her car, with the child inside.

Read more:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/mother-missing-oakland-toddler-plead-no-contest-ch/nYtCc/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Baby Daphne's Grandfather Appeals for Help in Finding Missing Child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QT5n5Isqg_o#action=share
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Daphne Webb's Family Holds Candlelight Vigil

If you have any information on Daphne, call the Oakland Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 510- 238-3352

By Terry McSweeney and staff   |  Wednesday, Jul 17, 2013  |  Updated 4:57 PM PDT
Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA Daphne1

The family of missing 21-month-old Daphne Viola Webb is planning a candlelight vigil Wednesday night in Oakland.

The event is the second public event hosted by the family in as many days. They say they are desperate to find the little girl who was reported missing one week ago.  

Daphne's grandfather Kevin Davis spoke at a news conference Tuesday night asking for the public's help finding his granddaughter and announcing they have set up a website for tips on the case.

Read more:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Daphne-Webbs-Family-Holds-Candlelight-Vigil-215913361.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Parents hand out flyers for missing Oakland toddler

Saturday, July 20, 2013

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Both the mom and dad of missing 21-month old Daphne Webb handed out fliers of the little girl in Oakland Saturday.

The toddler was last seen ten days ago by her father, John Webb. He told police he came out of a convenience store and saw she was missing from his car.

The girl's mother, Kiana Davis, and Webb held hands during a prayer. Then Davis told us what she wanted from the event.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9179821
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Daphne Webb case: Family questions father's account of toddler's disappearance

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune

Posted:   08/14/2013 01:44:35 PM PDT
Updated:   08/15/2013 09:29:18 AM PDT

OAKLAND -- The grandfather of a missing 21-month-old Oakland girl said Wednesday that the father's account of the child's alleged disappearance five weeks ago is "fishy."

Daphne Viola Webb was reported missing by her father, John Anthony Webb, on the morning of July 10. John Webb, 49, told police the child disappeared after he left her with his elderly mother, who suffers from dementia, in his car while he made a quick purchase at a convenience store at 79th Avenue and International Boulevard in East Oakland.

At first, the child's mother, Kiana Davis-Webb, 31, and her large extended family publicly stood by Webb and his story. That changed Wednesday, during a "love walk" organized to keep the public's eye on the disappearance.

"I've had complete strangers tell me they don't buy the story," said the child's maternal grandfather, Kevin Davis. "I know no one is buying the story.

Read more:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23862207/oakland-family-and-friends-walk-help-find-missing

Reward doubled in case of missing Oakland toddler

Friday, August 23, 2013

By Nick Smith

OAKLAND, Calif. -- New information in the disappearance case of 21-month old Daphne Viola Webb has prompted plans for two searches on Saturday.

Police have been tight-lipped about what exactly the new information is, but Oakland Police spokesperson Joanna White says whatever the information is, it has prompted them to gather investigators to search an open area of Oakland starting Saturday at 8 a.m. They're hoping they can uncover clues to find out what happened to Daphne.

"So, someone knows where Daphne is," FBI spokesperson Julie Sohn said Friday. The FBI announced Friday that a reward for information leading to the whereabouts of 21-month old Daphne Webb has been increased to $20,000. "We're committed to working with OPD and our local law enforcement partners to bring Daphne home."

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9216872

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Oakland: Missing toddler Daphne Webb search concludes

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune

Posted:   08/24/2013 10:08:54 AM PDT
Updated:   08/24/2013 04:49:32 PM PDT

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA I-BSPvfWf-L
1 of 5
Kato, a two-year-old German shepherd cadaver rescue dog of Santa Clara County Sheriff's Search and Rescue team, follows the trail during the search for missing 22-month-old Daphne Webb near Merritt College in Oakland, Calif., on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013. Oakland police, along with Alameda County ...

OAKLAND -- As anxious family and friends of toddler Daphne Webb stood by at Oakland's Merritt College on Saturday morning, a team of about 45 investigators with search dogs spent about five hours scouring new areas in an effort to find the missing 22-month-old.

They turned up nothing.

"We are done with this area for now," said Oakland police Sgt. Mike Gantt, the department's lead investigator on the case. "We do have one more location we are going to search in the future."

A helicopter flew over that "area of interest" west of the Merritt College late Saturday taking photos, said Oakland police officer and spokeswoman Johnna Watson.

Read more:

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23933757/family-members-wait-anxiously-searchers-fan-out-new

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA I-Gtg2grf-L
2 of 5
Roslyn Robinson is comforted by her brother Kevin Davis as Oakland police, along with Alameda County Sheriff and Santa Clara County Sheriff volunteer rescue teams and FBI agencies, begin the search for her niece and missing 22-month-old child Daphne Webb near Merritt College in Oakland, Calif ...

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA I-NMgh4p9-L
3 of 5
... on Saturday, August 24, 2013. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

Daphne Viola Webb, 21 Months Old, Missing Since July 10, 2013 -- Oakland, CA I-ZpMdzmL-L
4 of 5
Oakland police, along with Alameda County Sheriff and Santa Clara County Sheriff volunteer rescue teams and FBI agencies, begin the search for the missing 22-month-old Daphne Webb near Merritt College in Oakland, Calif., on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23933757/family-members-wait-anxiously-searchers-fan-out-new
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Daphne Webb: Motorcycle ride to keep missing Oakland toddler's case in public eye

By Kristin J. Bender
Oakland Tribune

Posted: 09/06/2013 01:12:22 PM PDT
Updated: 09/06/2013 03:38:46 PM PDT

OAKLAND -- Two months after an Oakland toddler disappeared, the family is holding a community motorcycle ride on Saturday to keep her name and story in the public eye.

Wednesday marked two months since Daphne Viola Webb, whose second birthday is next month, was reported missing on July 10 by her father John Webb, 49.

~Snipped~

Starting at noon Saturday, the East Bay Dragons Motorcycle Club, in partnership with the Mackbee Foundation, will host a "We Love Baby Daphne Motorcycle Run" from the clubhouse at 8731 International Blvd., in the neighborhood where Daphne was reported missing, to the parking lot of Emmanuel Temple Church at 900 Sixth St. in Vallejo.

Read more:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_24033931/daphne-webb-motorcycle-ride-keep-missing-oakland-toddlers
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down