Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

+49
Stolat
CuriousPortlander
Gia
qtkitycat
KathyNY
nanshin
snowbird
Marica
glazier
emberl
Fishknees
Willow123
One Wonders
BrowncoatWhit
CA Lady
jacct
Alessandra_Deux
shyloh
Tinyworm
ishi
DebFrmHell
Bmore
Moosiesmama
angiefly2
lostyou
summerthyme
Chester_from_THM
Freckles
tesstruhart
Chickenbutt
flutter1
Ann - Tx
Jaceesmom68
KariBear
TigerMom
pi-girl
sitemama
FystyAngel
Dis
Cali
eva
Estee
Julie
Gotta_Stop
khintx
randilynn
Piper
Snaz
Justice4all
53 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Tammi Smith Sentencing: 7/6/12

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 am

Tammi Smith sentenced

July 6, 2012
Posted: 07:18 PM ET

CNN - Justice -- InSession

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 T12

Tammi Smith has been sentenced to the following for her role in the disappearance of Baby Gabriel Johnson:

30 days in jail for Count 1: Conspiracy to Commit Custodial Interference 
30 days in jail for Count 2: Forgery 
3-year terms of supervised probation on both counts.

Smith will start serving one of her 30 day jail terms right now. The other 30-day term is deferred. Once the first jail term is complete, she will beginning serving her probation. At some point, the judge will evaluate her progress and decide whether she should serve the remainder, deferred 30-day jail term for the second conviction. Her probation terms will run concurrently.

Read more:

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/06/tammi-smith-sentenced-for-her-role-in-the-disappearance-of-baby-gabriel/

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Tammi Smith Sentencing: 7/6/12

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 am

Tammi Smith gets jail time and probation in missing Arizona baby case

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Tammi_Peters_Smith_at_sentencing_20120706140609_320_240
Tammi Peters Smith at her sentencing.
Photographer: ABC15

Posted: 07/06/2012

• By: ABC15.com staff, wire reports
KNXV - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX - The woman who planned to adopt an Arizona baby that has been missing for more than two years was sentenced to 30 days in jail and 3 years probation.

Tammi Peters Smith, 40, could have faced up to 7 1/2 years in prison after she was convicted in May of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Prosecutors painted Smith as an "obsessed" woman who would stop at nothing to win custody of the boy. Defense attorneys said she was just looking out for the child and his mother.

Frank McQeary, the missing baby's grandfather, spoke at the sentencing saying the family fears for the worst and that they will never see Gabriel again

Read more and view videos:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/sentencing-for-tammi-smith-in-missing-arizona-baby-case

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Raw Videos: Tammi Smith's statement at Sentencing & Judge sentencing Tammi Smith

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 am

Jail time for Baby Gabriel's would-be adoptive mother

Click to play

By Amanda Lee Myers and Walter Berry, Associated Press
Video report by Jared Dillingham

Posted on July 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:47 PM

KTVK - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX (AP) -- The would-be adoptive mother of an Arizona baby missing for more than two years was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail.

Tammi Peters Smith, 40, faced between one and 7 1/2 years in prison stemming from her May conviction on charges of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer instead sentenced Smith to the jail term and three years of supervised probation for custodial interference, plus three years of supervised probation and 30 days deferred jail for the forgery conviction. He also said Smith was eligible for work release.

Read more:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Sentencing-for-woman-in-missing-Ariz-baby-case-161565765.html
_______

Fri Jul 06 18:29:18 PDT 2012

RAW VIDEO: Tammi Smith’s statement at sentencing hearing

The would-be adoptive mother of an Arizona baby missing for more
than two years has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years
probation.

_______

Fri Jul 06 18:42:05 PDT 2012

RAW VIDEO: Judge hands down sentence in Tammi Smith case

The would-be adoptive mother of an Arizona baby missing for more
than two years has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years
probation.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 am

Woman avoids prison in missing Arizona baby case

Posted: Jul 06, 2012 9:19 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2012 11:40 PM CDT

By FOX 10 News - Staff Report
KSAZ - Phoenix, AZ

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 18964360_BG3
Tammi Smith

PHOENIX -
The would-be adoptive mother of an Arizona baby missing for more than two years has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years of supervised probation.

Tammi Peters Smith faced between one and 7½ years in prison Friday, stemming from her May conviction on forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/18964360/tammy-smith-sentenced-today

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Tammi Smith - Review Hearing 12/7/12

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 am

Tammi Smith's next court appearance:
~~~

Tammi Peters Smith - CR2010-101760-002

Judge: Kreamer

Snipped:

Case Calendar:

Date: 12/7/2012

Time: 8:30

Event: Review Hearing

Source:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2010-101760
Superior Court - Maricopa County - Criminal Court Cases
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Tammi Smith backs out of jailhouse interview

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 18985765_BG1

Posted: Jul 09, 2012 8:13 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 09, 2012 8:32 PM CDT
By Jason Barry - bio | email

Tammi SmithPHOENIX (CBS5) - The drama continues surrounding Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman at the center of the missing baby Gabriel case.

Smith had agreed to a jailhouse interview Monday to talk about her conviction and first weekend behind bars.

However, shortly after TV crews arrived Smith called off the news conference.

http://www.kpho.com/story/18985765/tammi-smith-backs-out-of-jailhouse-interview
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Re: Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09

Post by Weeziethm Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Elizabeth Johnson Trial news:

Prosecutors dismiss 1 ct of child abuse against Elizabeth Johnson in the disappearance of her child #BabyGabriel. The trial begins Sept. 4. 3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Source - InSession Tweet
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Child abuse charge in Baby Gabriel case dropped

by Cassondra Strande and Lesley Marin - Jul. 27, 2012 04:20 PM

A child-abuse charge has been dismissed against Elizabeth Johnson, 26, the mother of a Tempe boy who has been missing since December of 2009.

Prosecutors filed the motion to dismiss in early July and Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer granted the motion on July 13, according to Karen Arra, a court spokeswoman.

Johnson's next hearing is Aug. 6. She still faces charges of kidnapping, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20120727baby-gabriel-child-abuse-charge-dropped.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Baby Gabriel figure Tammi Smith out of jail

by D.S. Woodfill
Aug. 4, 2012 09:31 AM

Tammi Smith, the would-be adoptive mother of Baby Gabriel was freed in the wee hours of the morning Saturday.

Smith was sentenced on July 6 to a 30-day jail term and three years of probation for forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference for trying to help the missing infant's mother avoid a custody ruling. Smith had been spared a prison sentence because she had no criminal record.

The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. It's unclear why the woman was released in the middle of the night. Sheriff's officials did not immediately respond to questions.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/08/04/20120804PNI0804-met-baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Mom of missing Baby Gabriel back in court

Posted: Aug 06, 2012 2:02 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2012 2:41 PM CDT
Posted by Breann Bierman

PHOENIX (CBS5) - The Arizona mom charged in the disappearance of her 8-month-old son, Gabriel, is expected to make a court appearance Monday afternoon.

Court records show Elizabeth Johnson has been granted new attorneys.

Johnson is charged with kidnapping, attempted custodial interference and custodial interference in the case of her missing son.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/19207184/elizabeth-johnson-in-court-in-case-of-missing-son-gabriel

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:59 am

Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing baby Gabriel, wants judge presiding over her case to step down

The whereabouts of Gabriel Johnson remain unknown and his mom, Elizabeth Johnson, refuses to say what exactly happened to the little boy, but she apparently has no problem talking to the judge presiding over her case.
"There is something wrong in your judgment, I firmly believe you've been compromised," wrote Johnson in a letter to Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer.
The two page letter, obtained by ABC15, is handwritten and dated July 12, 2012.
"I haven't even had my trial (my right to a speedy trial), I'm not taking responsibility, that will come, my side hasn't even come out at all yet," Johnson wrote.
Johnson's son, Gabriel, was last seen December 26, 2009. The last known images of the boy were apparently taken by Elizabeth while in a San Antonio motel room.
Since the disappearance, Johnson has said she killed the boy and also told people she gave him away to a couple in a Texas park.
Recently, Johnson's former friend, Tammi Smith served a 30-day sentence for her role in the days and weeks leading up to the boy's disappearance.
Smith was found guilty of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.
"I'm sorry but I cannot accept how lightly you sentenced Tammi Smith, I was shocked when I found out (as were many), I can't understand for the life of me, 30 days in jail? 3 years of probation? How could you? Are you mad? Blind? Deaf? Dense?" Johnson wrote at the beginning of the letter to Judge Kreamer.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Elizabeth-Johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-Gabriel-wants-judge-presiding-over-her-case-to-step-down#ixzz2338Gqnk7
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

I did my best to transcribe Elizabeth's letter to the judge and leave the punctuation and spelling errors in tact, but Word corrected some of them.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/KPHO%20NEWS/Elizabeth%20Johnson%27s%20letter%20to%20judge.pdf

The Honorable Judge Kreamer,

I’m sorry but I can’t accept how lightly you sentenced Tammie Smith. I was shocked when I found out (as were many). I can’t understand it for the life of me. 30 days in Jail? 3 years of probation? How could you?? Are you mad?? blind? deaf? dense? I don’t meant to act like I know more than you, but really I reall do – if you know what I mean. I don’t want to be rude and disrespect you but you are disrespecting my case and disregarding the severity of it. It doesn’t make any sense. She lost on all charges and the Jury found aggravating factors on both guilty charges. You don’t even go by factsyou! of all people should know better. Public opinion is what it is. I forgot to ask if you gave any explanation. All I can think is, “corruption.” Again, I’m sorry but I don’t believe this is an occasion to dole out a slap on the wrist. Not in the least. Well I don’t have any priors either but I’ve been sitting in Jail for 2½ years on a million $ - cash only bond for 2 F-4’s and now Just an F2 for Kidnapping, Denying me of life, liberty and limb without due process. I haven’t even had my trial (my right to a Speedy trial). I’m not not taking responsibility – that will come. Myside hasn’t even come out at all yet.

Her only defense is pointing at me throwing me under the bus for what she orchestrated saying, “yeah she probably did to it!” I may have a lot to account for myself. But I’m not likening myself as Jesus Christ in my suffering as Tammie Smith has openly claimed and using this exploitation to profit out of. I had to say at least that much-without going into details. I don’t trust you to further handle my case and future trial. There is something wrong in your Judgement I firmly believe you’ve been compromised. So I know it will be in vain but I got to ask you (on the record) to step down and withdraw as my presiding Judge over my case and trial. In hopes if you don’t, and I lost at trial I can use this as a reason for some sort of appeal. I probably should have talked to my lawyers about this but I’m pretty sure what he’d say. I know it won’t happen but for the record I wanted it stated That I did not believe I’d get a fair and Impartial Trial with you as my Judge. I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I don’t have any other reaction for it. I can’t get over it. I’ve tried all week. I did. I don’t think it’s right and so have serious doubts regarding you. Honestly I think your sentencing was completely asinine and ridiculously provoking. Old habits die hard – I’m just not the Kind of person who can sit back and say nothing Maybe I should try..then again, maybe not. Never!

Sincerely, Elizabeth Johnson
Elizabeth wants the judge to step down because of how lightly he sentenced Tammi Smith? If she would like a light sentence for herself, I would think that would make her want to keep this judge.

What would your lawyers say Elizabeth? I'm guessing they would tell you how stupid it is to send a letter like this to the judge and to let them file a motion asking the judge to step down if they agree it is the best strategy for the defense.

If you want to speed things up, just tell the court what you did with your baby and then plead guilty.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

JJustice said: " I may have a lot to account for myself. But I’m not likening myself as Jesus Christ in my suffering as Tammie Smith has openly claimed and using this exploitation to profit out of. I had to say at least that much-without going into details. I don’t trust you to further handle my case and future trial. There is something wrong in your Judgement I firmly believe you’ve been compromised. So I know it will be in vain but I got to ask you (on the record) to step down and withdraw as my presiding Judge over my case and trial. In hopes if you don’t, and I lost at trial I can use this as a reason for some sort of appeal."

Wow! She expressed what many of us felt.

" 3 years of probation? How could you?? Are you mad?? blind? deaf? dense?"

Simple elocution is often the best. LOL!

" She lost on all charges and the Jury found aggravating factors on both guilty charges. "

Yep.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:23 pm

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/08/04/20120804PNI0804-met-baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html

--- He is as sick as he is! These are two loony people who deserve each other. But please, get the kids out of there!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 pm

WOW... She says she isn't the type to sit back
and say nothing... yet that would be the biggest
reason she is sitting in jail right now because she
won't talk.

If she thins TS should have been sentenced to
more time then she should have TALKED and
told the Judge and Jury all about TS.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I must say, I agree with both of your post Freckles! What we watched during the trial (Tammi's) was exactly what EJ pointed out. IMO I don't think EJ went about things the correct way, because you are not supposed to contact the judge IIRC. But EJ did speak the truth about Tammi IMO.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am

Elizabeth Johnson back in court today

The mother of missing Gabriel Johnson will be in court for a status hearing at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday
http://www.kpho.com/story/19340498/elizabeth-johnson-back-in-court-today

Her trial begins Sept. 4.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 am

Mother of missing valley baby appears in court

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 7:08 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 28, 2012 7:58 AM CDT
By FOX 10 News - Staff Report

The mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson is due in court Tuesday.

Elizabeth Johnson is expected to attend her last hearing before her trial begins next week.

Johnson was declared competent to stand trial earlier this year and was also granted new attorneys.

She faces kidnapping, attempted custodial interference and custodial interference charges in the disappearance of baby Gabriel, who has not been seen since 2009.

Her trial is expected to begin next Wednesday.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19393424/mother-of-missing-valley-baby-has-last-hearing
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Trial to begin next week for Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing 'Baby Gabriel'

August 28, 2012 | Posted: 8:16 AM
Last Updated: 36 minutes ago
•By: Mike Sakal, East Valley Tribune

PHOENIX -
The trial for the Tempe mother of missing ‘Baby Gabriel’ is set to begin in less than a week.

But Gabriel, if he is still alive, is no longer a baby. The boy who was 8 months old when he disappeared with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in December 2009, would be slightly more than 3 years old today.

At 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4 in Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer’s courtroom, the trial for Johnson 26, is set to begin on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference, a case that received national attention for most of 2010. Jury selection is set to begin on Wednesday, Sept. 5.

Read more:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/trial-to-begin-next-week-for-elizabeth-johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 am

I wish this baby could be declared dead and murder charges could be filed. There has to be some way to make people like her account for what they have done. Like Skelton & Horman they sit and refuse to tell the truth.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 am

Jury selection to begin in 'Baby Gabriel' case

Author: By Ed Payne CNN
Published On: Sep 05 2012 01:34:26 AM EDT

(CNN) - Jury selection begins Wednesday in the trial of Elizabeth Johnson, who is charged with kidnapping, custodial interference and child abuse in the case of her missing son Gabriel.

The infant was last seen in a Texas motel in 2009. He was 8 months old then, and his disappearance is still a mystery.

On December 17, 2009, a judge awarded Johnson and Logan McQueary, the boy's father, joint custody of Gabriel, but Johnson allegedly defied the ruling and set out for Texas with her son.

McQueary didn't hear from Johnson until several days later, when she reportedly sent him a text message saying she'd killed Gabriel and put his body in a Dumpster.

Read more:

http://www.local10.com/news/Jury-selection-to-begin-in-Baby-Gabriel-case/-/1717324/16485778/-/129rc0c/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

It would seem, that is she said she had killed the baby, she should be charged with murder.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Baby Gabriel Trial: Jury Selection Begins For Elizabeth Johnson

Posted: 09/05/2012 8:01 pm

By David Lohr
Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 R-BABYGABRIEL-large570

Jury selection began Wednesday in the case of Elizabeth Johnson, the Arizona mother accused of kidnapping her 8-month-old son, Gabriel, then bragging to the boy's father about his murder.

"I suffocated him. I suffocated him, and he turned blue, and I put him in his diaper bag and put him in the trash can," Johnson allegedly said in a 2009 telephone conversation with the baby's father, Logan McQueary. The recording was released to the public by police.

Johnson, 26, is being tried on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit custodial interference. The Tempe woman has been behind bars since January 2010, after she was found mentally unfit to stand trial. The court has since found her to be competent, according to Phoenix court officials.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/baby-gabriel-case-trial_n_1858958.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Jury selection begins in trial for mother of missing Baby Gabriel

Posted: Sep 05, 2012 6:19 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 05, 2012 7:53 PM CDT
By Pat McReynolds
Posted by Steve Stout

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 1741891_G

PHOENIX (CBS 5) - The child known as Baby Gabriel has been a haunting picture in the news much longer than he was ever a happy, crawling smiling little boy.

Gabriel Johnson was 8 months old when his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, broke joint custody rules and whisked him away to Texas almost three years ago.

Johnson, the last person police believe saw Gabriel alive, sits in jail, just days away from trial for his kidnapping.

On Wednesday, attorneys began the difficult task of finding jurors who know nothing about this high-profile case.

That is no easy task, given the amount of publicity the case has generated since Gabriel disappeared in December 2009.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/19467143/jury-selection-begins-in-trial-for-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jury selection to begin in 'Baby Gabriel' case

Author: By Ed Payne CNN
Published On: Sep 05 2012 01:34:26 AM EDT

(CNN) - Jury selection begins Wednesday in the trial of Elizabeth Johnson, who is charged with kidnapping, custodial interference and child abuse in the case of her missing son Gabriel.

The infant was last seen in a Texas motel in 2009. He was 8 months old then, and his disappearance is still a mystery.

On December 17, 2009, a judge awarded Johnson and Logan McQueary, the boy's father, joint custody of Gabriel, but Johnson allegedly defied the ruling and set out for Texas with her son.

McQueary didn't hear from Johnson until several days later, when she reportedly sent him a text message saying she'd killed Gabriel and put his body in a Dumpster.

Read more:

http://www.local10.com/news/Jury-selection-to-begin-in-Baby-Gabriel-case/-/1717324/16485778/-/129rc0c/-/index.html
If they find her guilty of these charges and then they find evidence that she murdered her baby can they charge her with murder?
She sent a text ( I believe) that she killed him and how she did it, so why can't they charge her with murder?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

@ snowbird... I've wondered the same thing. I fear even if found guilty of the present charges she will get time served and walk just like that POS in Florida did.
I don't expect it will matter.. no matter long she is locked up she will be like the other one and have no guilt.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:52 pm

I have not heard anything more about this case. Will IS be covering it? I'm getting weary with the Hemy Neumann trial.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Marica wrote:@ snowbird... I've wondered the same thing. I fear even if found guilty of the present charges she will get time served and walk just like that POS in Florida did.
I don't expect it will matter.. no matter long she is locked up she will be like the other one and have no guilt.

Marica and snowbird -is it possible she might get the same sentence as Amir's mom, Zinah, 10 years?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:42 pm

We will have to wait and see.
Seems like some get years, others get time served.
Makes me so mad.
A child vanishes, the parent is a strong suspect.
They should do time.
Some innocents may get hurt, but it seems it might
make these killers stop and think before they act if
they KNEW they would get time.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Marica, I agree w/your thoughts. It seems to me if they just locked parent's up until they could remember where their negligence has placed their child, in a grave or given to a family, some might remember a lot sooner. You are exactly right, there doesn't seem to be consistency in the amount of time given or the consequences.

It seems like such a scam these POS mother's have run on society. Just CLAIM you don't know or don't remember where your child is or to whom you gave them to, even if they murdered them they can make this claim, the Court System isn't going to give you what you would have gotten if you admitted to a murder.

There is no incentive for most of these mother's to be honest, they face greater consequences for honesty as they should, but this isn't working imo, giving varying degrees of a few years for a missing baby, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Murder has no statue of time limitations.
I would hope she is not over charged--- they actually have enough evidence to support the charges being brought against her. She could be charged with murder at a later date.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Freckles... Thnx... I get so caught up in my anger at these worthless scum bags, I fail to look further. I guess that happened when the most hated woman in america.. (what's her name.. I've forgotten.. the slunt who murdered Caylee) got off scott free. That was no doubt Judge & Jury failure.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 pm

In Session‏@InSession

Opening statements in the #ElizabethJohnson trial have been moved to September 20th, to ensure a jury can be selected in time.#BabyGabriel
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty gabriel johnson missing--12/26/09

Post by nanshin Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:44 pm

tesstruhart wrote:In Session‏@InSession
Tess, is In Session airing it live ? If so, I need to set dvr for Thursday !
Opening statements in the #ElizabethJohnson trial have been moved to September 20th, to ensure a jury can be selected in time.#BabyGabriel
nanshin
nanshin

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

patsystone
founder (of site)
CNN

Baby Gabriel's mother Elizabeth Johnson will go to trial in September for child abuse
and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.

Her trial will be live on In Session on truTV.

Follow developments in that case on Twitter #babygabriel
replyquote
04 August 2012 03:27 AM (The post was about 16 down.)

http://cmm.lefora.com/2011/02/06/gabriel-johnson-logan-mcqueary-elizabeth-johnson-t-2/
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Yesterday
AZ v Johnson update:

Opening statements are set to begin Wednesday in AZ v Elizabeth Johnson. In Session is there in the courtroom with a field producer and cameras and we’ll be bring you the entire trial on TV at a later date.
Many of you have asked about how these decisions are made. We hear you! As you know court calendars play a huge role in what we do. We are able to bring you some trials live and some we record and broadcast later. In the past, we have interrupted trials we are airing to bring you a new one, and your feedback tells us that you don’t like to invest your time in a trial and then have that coverage put on hold. When we show a trial, you’ve told us you want gavel-to-gavel coverage. And that’s what we want to bring you! We are nearing the verdict in GA v Neuman, and don’t want to abandon this trial. Couple that with the fact that there are undeniable calendar issues with AZ v Johnson. To name a few, court is only in session four days a week, there will be no court on at least eight additional broadcast days and there are the obvious time zone complications. Because of all those factors, we’ve decided to record the trial, so that we can bring it to you in its entirety at a later date. We appreciate all of you taking the time to watch, comment and let us know what you think. Please keep the feedback coming!

https://www.facebook.com/InSession
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyNY Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank You angiefly2 for that update.

Its very much appreciated Very Happy

KathyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 pm

KathyNY, you are most welcome Very Happy
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Opening arguments in Tempe mom's trial in 'Baby Gabriel' case to begin Thursday

Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:53
By Mike Sakal, Tribune East Valley Tribune

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 50130858f2409.preview-300

Elizabeth Johnson

More than two years after the disappearance of then 7-month old “Baby Gabriel,” the trial of his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, who has said she killed him and also that she gave him away, is scheduled to begin on Thursday.

Jury selection for the case concluded on Tuesday and opening arguments in the trial are scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph Kreamer’s courtroom.

Read more:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_62cf691e-01e3-11e2-a6eb-0019bb2963f4.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am

Baby Gabriel trial to begin Thursday for mother

by Michael Kiefer - Sept. 19, 2012 05:12 PM
The Republic | azcentral.com

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 PHP5059D06769672

Gabriel Johnson, Elizabeth Johnson

Since he first disappeared in December 2009, Baby Gabriel's story has played out on tabloid TV and social media around the world.

Thursday, his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, 26, goes on trial in Maricopa County Superior Court, charged with kidnapping and custodial interference. If convicted, she could be sentenced to as many as 24 years in prison. A charge of child abuse has been dismissed.

Even though the child is presumed dead -- the boy's father recorded a telephone call in which Johnson said she suffocated the 8-month-old, put him in a diaper bag and dumped him into a trash can -- Johnson has not been charged with murder. She later told police that she gave the child to a couple in a San Antonio park.

Johnson has refused to cooperate with her attorneys; at least three legal defense teams have withdrawn from her case.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2012/09/19/20120919baby-gabriel-elizabeth-johnson-trial-begins-thursday.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz274lohO1e
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Watch LIVE: Opening statements in Elizabeth Johnson trial [10:30 a.m.] .

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Watch-LIVE-Opening-statements-in-Elizabeth-Johnson-trial-170525766.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Prosecutor: 'Baby Gabriel's' mom upset over break-up

Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Associated Press

An Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in her child's disappearance more than two years ago ran off to another state with the child because the baby's father had broken up with her, prosecutors said Thursday.

Also, the young mother tried — out of retaliation — to put the boy up for adoption against the father's wishes, prosecutor Elisa Ramunno told jurors at the opening of Elizabeth Johnson's trial.

"Gabriel Johnson was a pawn," Ramunno said, prompting Johnson to wipe tears from her face.

Read more:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_7cb13dca-037e-11e2-b8c6-001a4bcf887a.htm
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 am

Father of missing baby Gabriel to testify in court

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 10:00 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 23, 2012 11:28 PM CDT
By Jill Monier, FOX 10 News
Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 19618803_BG1
Logan McQueary

PHOENIX - To this day, no one knows where the baby is or if he's even alive.

Prosecutors said the baby was used to get back at the father after he broke up with her.

The baby's father is expected to take the stand Monday.

Thursday, on the first day of her trial, Elizabeth Johnson was in tears as prosecutors said she used her 8-month old baby, Gabriel, as a pawn.

"Gabriel Johnson was a pawn. He was a tool, he was a piece in a game, and the object of that game to her was to keep Gabriel Johnson from Logan McQueary--was to retaliate against Logan McQueary for breaking up with her," said prosecutor Elisa Ramunno.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19618803/2012/09/23/father-of-missing-baby-gabriel-to-take-stand
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty Elizabeth Johnson Trial

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:05 am

Later this morning, Elizabeth Johnson's trial resumes. Should be a big trial day with Logan testifying!

The trial resumes at 10:30 a.m. MST which is 12:30 p.m. CDT and 1:30 p.m. EDT. (Remember that Phoenix is on Mountain Standard Time and we are on Daylight Savings Time.)

Although InSession (TruTV) will broadcast this trial at a later date, you can watch this trial live via local Phoenix networks. I think at least 2 are streaming the trial "live."

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:15 am

Father of 'Baby Gabriel', Logan McQueary, expected to take the stand in Elizabeth Johnson trial

Posted: 10:23 PM
September 23, 2012
Updated: September 24, 2012

By: Brian Webb
ABC 15 - Phoenix, AZ

PHOENIX - The biggest day of testimony is expected Monday in the " Baby Gabriel case" with the little boy's father set to take the stand.

Logan McQueary will try to help prosecutors prove Gabriel's mother Elizabeth Johnson was a woman scorned after their break up.

Read more and view video:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Father-of-Baby-Gabriel-Logan-McQueary-expected-to-take-the-stand-in-Elizabeth-Johnson-trial

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 Empty KPHO (Phoenix, AZ) will Live Stream every day of the Elizabeth Johnson trial

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 am

Elizabeth Johnson's trial resumes on Monday

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 7:52 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 23, 2012 8:24 PM CDT

Gabriel Johnson -- Missing 12/26/09 - Page 15 19618424_BG1
Elizabeth Johnson

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
Trial continues at 10:30 a.m. Monday for the Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in her child's disappearance more than two years ago.

Several police officers and detectives are expected to take the stand, as well as Baby Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary.

Snipped:

CBS5AZ.com is scheduled to carry live video streaming coverage every day of the trial.

http://www.kpho.com/story/19618424/elizabeth-johnsons-trial-resumes-on-monday

For live stream, you can click on within article.

This is a direct link to KPHO's Live Stream. Hopefully, this Link will work. If not, click on within article.

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/cbs-5-local-live-streaming
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ -- CBS5 Local Live Stream
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 am

There are probably other local Phoenix networks streaming the trial "Live."

If you know of others, please share the Link(s) here. If I remember correctly, there were 2 or 3 local Phoenix networks that streamed Tammi Smith's trial live.

If you don't know how to post a Link, please say what TV station and some one will find it and post the Link for you.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks, Ann. It is good to see you!
bath
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 am

You are welcome, Freckles!

It should be a big trial day today! Logan and some of the detectives will testify.

Although I won't be watching the entire trial, I will try to watch Logan's testimony later today. Should be very interesting!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 am

Justice4All or Julie, would you please move this thread from Missing to CURRENT TRIALS? If some one wants to read or post on this thread, my assumption is they would look for it under Current Trials.

After the trial, the thread can then be moved back to Missing as Gabriel Johnson is still missing.

After you move it to Current Trials, please delete this comment.

Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next