Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?

+2
khintx
FystyAngel
6 posters

Go down

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week? Empty Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?

Post by FystyAngel Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?
By John Kays
Published: April 18, 2010
http://newsblaze.com/story/20100418090329kays.nb/topstory.html

NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE?
Since it was first reported that 5 year old Haleigh Cummings vanished from her Satsuma trailer home on February 10, 2009, I have been following this case. I have tried to write about this case before but nothing ever makes any sense to me. As I got to know the Croslins and the Cummings (by way of the media) things only got stranger and stranger. The media ate up this sickness as if the Barnum and Bailey Circus had moseyed into town.

I sensed that Ronald Cummings didn't really believe that a complete stranger had abducted his lovely little girl. "I just got home from work and my 5-year-old daughter is gone," he told a dispatcher. "If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life in prison." (ABC News-Police Say 5-Year-Old Haleigh Cummings is Dead, Identify Persons of Interest in Case by Emily Friedman-April 16, 2010)

Right from the get go law enforcement in the small town of Satsuma, Florida seemed suspicious that this abduction was an internal matter, a family affair. PCSO Maj. Gary Bowling said on February 11, 2009, "All the world's a suspect. We're going to treat everybody, every family member, every associate, every neighbor as a suspect until we can eliminate them." Finally they're honing in on the culprits.

FLORA HOLLARS TALKS
Flora Hollars is the grandmother to Misty Croslin, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. and Joe Overstreet. Grandma Flo is not withholding anything. Misty told Flo, allegedly, that someone "tied a brick block to the rope and dropped her (Haleigh) into the St. Johns River." Tommy confirmed to Flora that his cousin, Joe Overstreet, killed Haleigh. Flora said, "Joe is the one who did it." Flo and Joe live in Nashville, Tennessee.

It has been reported that Flora Hollars is the source for the tip that led authorities to a specific area of the St. Johns River, a boat ramp at Shell Harbour Road. This area is only five miles from the trailer home where Haleigh disappeared from. This is incorrect. The tip actually came from Tommy Croslin, who took a lie detector test on April 8th.

IS COUSIN JOE A RED HERRING?
Levi Page, a true crime reporter, believes that Misty and Tommy's latest version of the events of the evening of February 9, 2009, is another bold face lie. They are now fingering their cousin, Joe Overstreet. Levi said on Jane Velez-Mitchell, "Cousin Joe is a Red Herring." The Croslins have been lying all along, why are they suddenly pointing the finger at Joe? Are they covering up their own involvement?

This new account has Joe visiting the trailer to pick up a machine gun that he thought Ron owed him. Was this over a drug deal? According to this latest tall tale, when Joe couldn't find the gun, he put a knife to Misty's throat, then abducted innocent little Haleigh; you know the ending. Was this part of Misty's dream of five mysterious figures looming over her bed on the night in question? Shawn Sirgo, Joe Overstreet's attorney, said his client is "broken over this," "doesn't know where to turn" and "knows he is being used by people whose story keeps changing." (CNN)

A DISJOINTED TIMELINE
Since it seems as if the case is coming to an end (that may be a mere appearance), I returned to the beginning of events yesterday. I then struggled through the confusion of the timeline, which comes to 14 months, attempting to tie things together. Befuddlement came over me! Feb. 9, 2009-April 18, 2010-what I see is a string of disjointed subtopics; all I see is a rambling sequence of events with no apparent meaning.

If this post seems random or disjointed, that's because it is. The facts in this case, as they've been piped through our media, have heretofore made no sense at all. It's like a string of beads, but without any string. Events appear random, inconsequential? Oddly enough, once law enforcement solves the case, everything will suddenly make sense. The beads will have a string. Two examples from this timeline will prove my case of IRRATIONALITY: 1. the marriage and divorce of Ron and Misty and 2. the sensational drug bust of last January!

MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE OF RON AND MISTY
Ron asked Misty to marry him at a Chili's in March of 2009, around a month after Haleigh disappeared. Did Ron not suspect that Misty may have been involved somehow in his daughter's disappearance? I suspect that he did, but was perhaps in denial. In October of 2009, just 7 months later, the odd couple decided to call it quits. The reason cited is the constant pressure from the media. Were these two ever in love? Maybe.

DRUG BUST-TRAFFICKING IN PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
How could these people be so stupid as to engage in trafficking prescription drugs, such as Oxycodone and Hydrocodone, after the media and police were watching them constantly like hawks? It cannot be understood. It's irrational. But drug dealing of prescription pills must be most lucrative! Ron, Misty and Tommy were snarled in a sting operation last January by undercover officers. The previous October, Misty had been robbed of her purse when going to purchase drugs. Unbelievable!

STEVE BROWN, FORMER FBI AGENT, KNOWS WHO DID IT!
Steve Brown is a private investigator working for Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield. Steve knows the ending to our story, but his lips are sealed. The tension mounts. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office must build their case carefully, if it's going to hold up in court. Steve Brown has been working on the case for 10 months and has apparently put the pieces of the puzzle together. One telling comment of Brown's: "There may be other people culpable, but as to who killed Haleigh, that's not going to be a big surprise." Try me Mr. Brown!

WHAT MADE THE MEDIA GO BERSERK?

At first I wasn't so interested in the Croslin/Cummings case. That changed after the drug bust and after the developments last week. I was shocked by Flora Hollars new revelations, especially with regard to cousin Joe. But Folk in the media, such as Nancy Grace have thrived, almost exclusively, on any trivial details brushing on Ron or Misty, and now on Tommy. This is hard to explain, but I'll give it a try.

It must spike the ratings! Yes, it's just that simple. Nancy Grace showcases it almost every night. She would drop it if it were a dud. I loved the tour video of the Cummings' trailer, because you could do a reenactment of the crime. Yet I seek wider, sociological causes for the staying power of Misty and Ron. I've read many comments of people on press coverage of the case.

The Croslins and the Cummings are portrayed as poor white trailer trash, and are thought of as if they are the Hatfields and the McCoys. People love to see stupid, feuding white people, screwing up royally. It's that simple. Everyone loves to watch the drug sting videos and see the swagger of teeny Misty. She is an unlikely narco-trafficker; she looks like she's no more than 15 years old. Doesn't look like a big drug pusher, but this is just what pushes the ratings through the roof!

TWO THEORIES FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS' DEATH
As we wait for the case to break, as we watch divers plunge the depths of the St. Johns River, we grow tenser and tenser. Do you recall how you felt on the 4th of July, when you were very young, and a bully neighbor lights a Black Cat firecracker at your feet? You see the lit fuse, your pulse surges, and you anticipate the explosion about to occur. Will your foot blow off into the air? Probably.

A. That's how tense we are. Will we find out this week? I doubt it. Theory one has a drowsy Misty, coming off a three day binge of drugs and sex, slipping Haleigh a pill of Oxycontin to quiet the child so that she can sleep. Haleigh ODs on the pill. When Tommy comes over, they decide to dispose of the body, throw it in the river and make it look like a predator killed her. As far-fetched as this is, this theory could be the one.

B. Theory two has the cousin Joe doing it. Joe looks over the trailer for the machine gun, holds a knife to Misty's throat, then abducts Haleigh; flees to his favorite fishing spot, the Shell Harbour Road ramp on the St. Johns. (Overt your eyes here) Flora says a yellow rope was used, then cinder blocks were attached to the rope and crazy Joe threw the child overboard. Flora says that Joe had guns and knives. She also says that when Joe returned to Nashville he was sullen or ashen, as if he had been traumatized by some foul event. The only way that I can make this theory work, is if Joe was on amphetamines. This is highly possible though. These kids were doing many drugs at this time. And Joe suspiciously left Florida right after Haleigh vanished. Family members are afraid of him too. This may be the one.

ST. JOHNS AS MYSTIC RIVER

By now everyone has seen a shackled Misty Croslin on the boat ramp, taken out of jail, to talk to authorities at the supposed scene of the crime. The exclusive film footage was shot from a helicopter by WKMG-Channel 6. Before Misty wasn't talking, but now she is. Why? In the movie Mystic River, Dave Boyle gives a false confession to Jimmy Markum about killing Jimmy's daughter. Jimmy then stabs him in the stomach, shoots him, then tosses his body in the Mystic River. We stand as ONE on the Shell Harbour Road boat dock.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week? Empty Re: Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?

Post by khintx Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Man! What a mess!!!!! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week? Empty Re: Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?

Post by LottieM Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:38 pm

John Kays sure said a mouthful! This case has never made any sense, like he said -beads with no string!

That's why I haven't paid all that much attention to this case. It's worse the the Anthony one!

We've got drugs/drugs/more drugs, guns, knives, Ron having sex with an underage kid, and that 16 year old (who isn't going to school?) babysitting little children who shouldn't even be staying with Ron in the first place because custody was only given to him over the mother because Ron was living with HIS mother and the judge thought her being there to oversee Ron was worth something. DUMB!

What could the truth of it all be? Let me ask crystal ball ! How about this one...they were all drugged up so badly with drugs Ron supplied in whole or in part, they don't remember exactly how Haleigh died or the exact events of deciding what to do about it, but Joe was the only one that night not drugged up so he thought to save everyone who couldn't think straight and took Haleigh off and dumped her on his way back to TN.
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 pm

I have yet to come up with a theory that doesn't leave many questions unanswered. Anything is possible in this case. I was listening to BlogTalkRadio yesterday and one of Cobra's theories was that Haleigh caught Misty having sex with Tommy barf and they killed Haleigh to keep her quiet. This case was crazy enough without Cobra throwing incest into the mix.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 pm

I just heard Joe's lawyer say Joe drove down with a friend in the friend's car and left with him that way the day of the night Haleigh was reported missing....so there goes my theory that he dumped her alongside the road on his way home.

Back to square one! LOL
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Here's something anoyingly odd.

Granny Flo says Misty told her Tommy and Joe dumped Haleigh, Tommy said Joe killed Haleigh by himself, and Joe said he didn't have anything to do with it. Yet NG and them *pffftt* keep on saying they are all pointing fingers at each other!

They're NOT! No one pointed a finger at Misty! And Joe didn't point a finger at anyone!

I find it odd Tommy didn't point the finger at Misty at all. Tommy's wife doesn't either. No one is pointing the finger at Misty! Why not?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:40 pm

I think Granny is a loose cannon...just shooting at anything and everything with nothing to back her up...Her "stories" have changed more often than she changes her undies...Think it is all hype for the payoff of notoriety and a makeover...This is a sad case and more pathetic than Caylee...May Justice come for these precious girls...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Ditto Estee, Granny's other theory that Misty listened to Haleigh's screams while being raped by Joe.......completely bizarre! This was when Annette Sykes was on with her, she was just shaking her head in disbelief.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 am

Tommy's lawyer said on JVM the other night that he was comfortable saying Tommy knew what happened to Haleigh but he was not there or involved in it.

If this is true, and that Tommy has told LE what happened, then this case should be moving forward rather quickly, don't cha think?

But what I don't get is, if Tommy knew what happened, how did he know it if he was not involved? Did his knowledge of it come from hearsay? And if so, then who told him?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 pm

These are good questions Lottie. I can't see any reason why anyone who wasn't directly involved failed to go to authorities once they learned what happened. Out of Misty, Joe, and Tommy, I don't buy any one of them who wasn't directly involved being so scared of one of the others that they went over a year without saying anything.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down