Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Widmer - Bathtub Murder Trial of Bride of 4 Months, Sarah Widmer

+13
FystyAngel
pi-girl
mel
TigerMom
Ann - Tx
sitemama
Julie
KariBear
Snaz
Sherry
Estee
Justice4all
Piper
17 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ryan Widmer - Bathtub Murder Trial of Bride of 4 Months, Sarah Widmer - Page 11 Empty Re: Ryan Widmer - Bathtub Murder Trial of Bride of 4 Months, Sarah Widmer

Post by Piper Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 am

This link of Ann's has a lot of information!

http://www.wcpo.com/subindex/news/crime/widmer_2009

There has been talk of jury members emailing/talking to friends during the trial. I don't know what will come of this. I think Judge Bronson was made aware of it, but apparently he felt it wasn't a concern, if there was one to begin with.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Ryan Widmer - Bathtub Murder Trial of Bride of 4 Months, Sarah Widmer - Page 11 Empty Re: Ryan Widmer - Bathtub Murder Trial of Bride of 4 Months, Sarah Widmer

Post by Sherry Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 am

Piper wrote:I'm sure his attorneys will appeal immediately. But in my opinion, this is the end of it. The Lt. Braley findings that weren't allowed in court and the lack of funding for more research into what happened to Sarah, I don't think that's going to make a difference on appeal, just my opinion.

Its as if the odds were stacked against Ryan from getting a fair trial! Sure, the State has the burden of proof but should they be able to make that burden so heavy that the defendant can't lift it off of himself? I couldn't believe that the defense could not tear apart what one of Ryan's accusers, Braley, dug up against him. This was the most lop-sided trial I have ever seen or heard.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 am

Sherry, I truly disagreed with Judge Bronson's ruling on Braley in this third trial. Braley sat at the prosecution table in trial 1 and 2. And he's still employed..........

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am

Juror: Widmer should have testified

Updated 11:18 AM Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LEBANON — The jury in the Ryan Widmer trial based its decision to convict the Warren County man based on the dry bathroom scene found and his fateful 911 call, a juror said.

The juror, who asked not to be identified, said she also based her decision on the fact that Widmer didn’t testify. The jury was cautioned numerous times by the judge that Widmer had a Constitutional right not to testify.

It was a tough choice for the jury, according to the woman.

“It was the hardest decision any of us ever had to make...,” she said. “We tried every way to find excuses for Ryan and there was none.”

The juror said they went witness by witness, all 44 who testified, and dissected everything before they took one vote — guilty of murder.

“I couldn’t say there was any particular credible witness,” she said. “The fact that we couldn’t hear Ryan’s side of the story was bad.”

Read more:
http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/juror-widmer-should-have-testified-1083032.html?cxtype=ynews_rss
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 am

Piper, thanks for posting all of the videos!

Is the 911 call posted on this thread?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

Piper wrote:Here's the 911 call...

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/audio-ryan-widmers-911-call-667748.html

or: