Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inmate Robin Lunceford

+3
Estee
Justice4all
Snaz
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Inmate Robin Lunceford Empty Inmate Robin Lunceford

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:04 pm

This is the defense's motion to prevent the recording of JB's conversation with Robin Lunceford from being released:

Motion for Protective Order Regarding a Telephone Recording of Robin Lunceford

This was mentioned during the 911 calls hearing yesterday. The State has not yet received a copy of the recording.

Last edited by Snaz on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Inmate Robin Lunceford Empty Re: Inmate Robin Lunceford

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 pm

BWAHAHHA!!!! roflao JB says the call from Lowell Correctional Institute is an "illegally recorded statement"..... yet isn't he the one who wanted to use Joe Jordan's ILLEGALLY obtained recording????

This certainly is one of the stupidest things JB has done yet (notice I said... ONE). And I feel sure since the call was transferred from his office to his cell phone by his secretary, they WERE informed the call was being recorded. Either way, JB is an attorney, for cripes sake.... he knows ALL calls from jails are recorded, regardless of how he blathers on in his motion.

He is not HER attorney, so they wouldn't be any attorney/client privilege there, I wouldn't think.

And one more thing.... I think it isn't what ROBIN said during the call JB wants kept from being heard by anyone.... it's what HE said.....

Sadly, we may never know......

JMO.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 pm

New Witness In Case Against Casey Anthony

Posted: 5:28 pm EDT July 16, 2010
Updated: 5:33 pm EDT July 16, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There is a new witness in the case against Casey Anthony Friday. WFTV learned that Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, is hanging hopes on a state prison inmate.

Robin Lunceford is in for life and this isn't the first time she's inserted herself into a high-profile criminal case.

Lunceford claims she can discredit key state witnesses, Baez said.

Lunceford was a career criminal and is under criminal investigation at the prison where she's in for life. Baez claims the prison wrongly recorded their phone conversation so he wants it to be sealed.

Casey Anthony's lawyers say prisoner Robin Lunceford claims Casey's jail friends, Maya Derkovic and Robyn Adams, made up incriminating stories about her.

Armed robber Lunceford used 27 aliases and has been disciplined in prison for lying, using drugs, and attempting to commit conspiracy.

State corrections couldn't give WFTV details because of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Lunceford has interjected herself as a witness in big cases, including that of missing south Florida foster child Rilya Wilson but was turned away when prosecutors realized she was looking for a deal.

Casey's team appears to believe Lunceford's story about Adams and Derkovic.

“Her and Maya Derkovic had concocted the story so that Maya could try and get a transfer,” Baez said.

In April, Derkovic told WFTV when they were friends in jail Casey admitted to using chloroform on Caylee so she could party.

“She would pour it on like a rag, a washrag and put it over the baby's face,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic told WFTV prison inmates had turned on her for being a snitch.

Last month, she was transferred to another prison.

Thursday, Baez said he did not know the prison recorded his phone call with Lunceford and asked the judge not to release it.

“Doing so would be a third-degree felony,” Baez said.

”One of the first lessons the defense learned in this case is that there is no expectation of privacy in a correction facility or jail,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Baez might just have had the bad luck of getting caught up in the ongoing criminal investigation involving Lunceford, which might be why their call was recorded.

She has been disciplined for calling unapproved people by having calls forwarded to them.

Casey Anthony’s defense team cancelled scheduled depositions for three Orange County sheriff's investigators Friday.

At this point, Casey's attorneys have not given a reason for cancelling the deposition, nor have they said when they will be rescheduled.

WFTV was in court Thursday when Judge Belvin Perry ruled the 911 call made by Cindy Anthony saying, Casey's car smelled like there had been a dead body inside it, is admissible for trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24288435/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Casey Anthony attorney wants 'illegally recorded' phone call with prisoner sealed

Inmate Robin Lunceford 54998448
Attorney Jose Baez wants to seal a recording of phone call he had with inmate Robin Lunceford, left. The inmate said two other inmates, Maya Derkovic and Robyn Adams, had a plot to tell lies about his client, Casey Anthony. (Florida DOC, Orange and Seminole jails, Florida DOC, Orange and Seminole jails / July 16, 2010)

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
6:39 p.m. EDT, July 16, 2010

Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez has asked the court to seal what he calls an "illegally recorded" phone conversation he had with a state prisoner who conspired with other female inmates to tell lies about his client.

Much of what inmate Robin Lunceford told Baez — as well as other details — is unknown. Baez provided few specifics in a document he filed with the court and during brief interviews with the Orlando Sentinel Friday.

Many inmate calls are recorded by officials who run the institutions where they are incarcerated. That was the case with this call, Baez said. But at the time he was unaware he was being recorded and did not consent to the recording.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday said he would schedule a hearing in the future to consider Baez's request. Meanwhile, the recording is not to be released. In his motion, Baez argues that "disclosure of the unlawfully intercepted conversation would be a third degree felony."

In his motion, Baez said he received a call from someone during May who said she was an ex-inmate at Lowell Correctional Institution, and that she has a friend who has conspired with a woman named Maya Derkovic to create a lie about Casey Anthony - whom she knew from the Orange County Jail.

Later that same day, his secretary said an inmate named Robin Lunceford was trying to reach him. The call was transferred to his cell phone, and Baez said he engaged in a conversation with "the prospective witness." In his motion, Baez said he learned the call was from a correctional institution, but he "was never made aware that the call was being recorded..."

If a person doesn't know they are being recorded, it may be considered an illegal recording. In his filing, Baez noted that not all calls coming from prisons are recorded, suggesting that some might even come from "contraband cell phones."

The topics discussed during the conversation include talk that "Lunceford along with Maya Derkovic conspired with [Robyn] Adams to possibly benefit by lying to the State [prosecutors] about Casey Anthony," Baez said in the motion.

Adams and Casey Anthony developed a close relationship during the time they were both incarcerated at the Orange County Jail in 2008 and 2009. Their friendship became public when copies of dozens of letters the two women exchanged in jail were released earlier this year.

Derkovic also knew Anthony at the Orange County Jail and is a possible witness in the case. Lunceford did not know Anthony, but she apparently met Derkovic at the Lowell facility.

Lunceford, 47, is sentenced to life in prison at the Lowell Annex facility north of Ocala for a robbery with a gun or deadly weapon conviction out of Miami-Dade, according to online prison records. State Department of Corrections records also show Lunceford has a long history of disciplinary reports that include disobeying orders, possession of contraband and telephone violations.

Her latest disciplinary report involves incidents on May 31 in which she used another inmate's phone rights to contact an ex-inmate. "Inmate Lunceford made several requests to have calls forwarded to persons that are not on her assigned calling list," and the ex-inmate agreed, according to that report.

It could not immediately be confirmed if any of those were the calls forwarded to Baez in May, but if they were, state Corrections spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger said Baez would not have heard the recording identifying the call coming from the prison.

Derkovic, 21, has since been transferred to the Broward Correctional Institution, where she is serving a 30-year sentence for a 2007 second-degree murder conviction out of Orange County.

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-phone-call-20100716,0,5899394.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 pm

So JB wants the call that he says was illegally recorded to be kept from the light of day... but in his sneakiness.. he did get into the record what he wants.... "Lunceford along with Maya Derkovic conspired with Adams to possibly benefit by lying to the State about Casey Anthony." What he DOESN"T want anyone to know is what HE said to Lunceford. Because if all the call was is Lunceford saying KC has been lied about, why on earth would he want that sealed?

He also states in his motion that "he was never made aware that the call was being recorded and did not consent to the recording." That is the most idiot thing he could say.... he even states that his secretary told him an INMATE wanted to speak with him.... if he didn't know before (which I don't buy).... he knows because of the Anthony debacle that ALL calls are recorded... and there is NO expectation of privacy in jail!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

In his filing, Baez noted that not all calls coming from prisons are recorded, suggesting that some might even come from "contraband cell phones."
Maybe Bozo Inmate Robin Lunceford 916266 expects the court to believe he wasn't aware the call from inmate Robin was being recorded because he thought she was using a "contraband cell phone." Inmate Robin Lunceford 858297 Give me a break!!
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Casey Anthony Defense Files New Motion
Baez Wants Release Of Recorded Inmate Call Blocked

POSTED: Friday, July 16, 2010
UPDATED: 7:09 pm EDT July 16, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team has filed a motion requesting that a recorded call between defense attorney Jose Baez and a prison inmate not be released to the public.

In the motion, Baez said he was not made aware that the call two months ago between him and Robin Lunceford, an inmate at Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala, was recorded.

Corrections facilities are allowed to record inmates' telephone conversations, and under Florida law those recordings are public record.

However, Baez argues in the motion that he was unaware the conversation was being taped. Under Florida law, it is a felony to record a telephone conversation without the consent of both parties.

In the motion, Baez does not indicate whether the prison failed to notify him that the inmate's call was being recorded. Baez claims his assistant received the telephone call from Lunceford and transferred it to his cell phone.

The prosecution said it plans to release the call to the public.

According to the motion, Lunceford told Baez that she and two other inmates, Robin Adams and Maya Derkovic, conspired to lie to the state about Casey Anthony in hopes of receiving some benefit. Derkovic's apparent motivation was to transfer to another institution in exchange for her information, the motion said.

Derkovic and Adams claimed earlier this year that they befriended Anthony when they were all housed in the same area of the Orange County Jail. Both women have since made statements to authorities suggesting Anthony may have poisoned her daughter, Caylee Anthony, with chloroform.

Lunceford has made headlines in the past. Lunceford was the jailhouse snitch that gave police a tip about her former cellmate, Gerylan Graham, leading to her being charged with murdering Rilya Wilson, a south Florida girl who disappeared eight years ago.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found in December 2008.

Anthony is being held on no bond at the Orange County Jail.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24288053/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:02 am

Exclusive: Did Casey's pen pals lie?

By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:16 AM

Inmate Robin Lunceford Caseye10

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/caseyexclusive_071720100946.flv

ORLANDO -- News 13 has exclusive new information in the Case Against Casey.

It’s information brought forward by a state prison inmate that could help Casey's defense team. She's reached out to them and she's sitting down in an exclusive with News 13.

Her name is Robin Lunceford and she claims that former pen pals of Casey Anthony lied to Orange County detectives.

"She'd sit in front of the whole dorm and would brag how she's lying,” said Lunceford.

News 13 spent an hour last week with Robin Lunceford inside the Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala.
She was housed with Maya Derkovic, the woman who told detectives Casey would "knock out" Caylee so she could go out.

“She told me she made it up. She made it up at my door,” Lunceford said.

Lunceford reached out to News 13 in letters and she claims former Casey pen pals Derkovic and Robin Adams wrote letters to each other.

"They were comparing their stories, they were basically saying, "I said this when they came to see me. Make sure you say this,” Lunceford said.

When asked if Robin Adams and Maya Derkovic conspired to make up a story about Casey Anthony, Lunceford said yes.

Watch the full, exclusive interview Monday at 6 p.m. on News 13.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/123866/Exclusive:-Did-Caseys-pen-pals-lie
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 am

I, personally, don't believe Robin's statements are of any benefit to the defense, as I don't believe the State ever intended to use any of these girls at trial anyway. They have KC's own written words in her letters to Robyn Adams, should they decide to use them.

So, better luck next time, Jose.

ETA: Besides, it isn't what Lunceford had to say that I am interested in..... I am interested in what JB had to say to HER.... which is the whole reason, IMO, he wants the recording of the call sealed.....
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 am

I agree Snaz. Casey probably isn't dumb enough to tell other inmates she used to knock out Caylee so she could go out, and the state probably didn't plan on using that information since it didn't come from credible sources.

I hope the call is released so we can hear what Jose so desperately doesn't want us to hear.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

This Call is Being Recorded

Jul 18th, 2010
by Richard Hornsby.

Well it looks like somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar while I was away, as our good friend Jose Baez filed an eight paragraph Motion for Protective Order Regarding a Telephone Recording of Robin Lunceford.

And since I had nothing better to do after a week long vacation, I thought it would be nice to annotate and analyze the eight paragraph motion for my unfaithful readers to help them understand what really transpired between Jose Baez and Robin Lunceford.

Read more: http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2010/07/this-call-is-being-recorded/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Robin Lunceford sent letters to Central Florida News 13

posted by halboedeker on July, 19 2010 3:55 PM

Central Florida News 13 interviewed prison inmate Robin Lunceford last week before her name emerged in the Casey Anthony saga.

“She had sent letters to me. That’s how her name came to my attention,” reporter/anchor Adam Longo said.

Longo estimated that two weeks elapsed between the time he heard from Lunceford and their interview Wednesday at the Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala. Anthony attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Thursday to seal a call he received from Lunceford.

“I knew she had reached out to him,” Longo said. “I didn’t know about the recorded phone call and Baez wanting to suppress the recorded call. The story focuses on her claims. Can she be believed? You decide.”

Longo’s interview with Lunceford airs at 6 tonight on Central Florida News 13, and the chat will be repeated through the night.

Lunceford alleges Maya Derkovic, her former cellmate, and Robyn Adams conspired to make up stories about Anthony. Derkovic, Adams and Anthony had been pen pals at the Orange County Jail. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Lunceford’s credibility is a big part of his story, Longo said, and he talked to prison officials about her. “It’s my understanding that she’s the focus of an internal investigation that has nothing to do with Casey Anthony,” Longo said.

Lunceford, 47, is serving a life sentence for bank robbery with a deadly weapon, and she has been a frequent focus of disciplinary reports.

Lunceford and Derkovic were in the same prison for a year, and they were cellmates for several months, Longo said. Lunceford has never met Adams or Anthony.

Longo talked to Lunceford for an hour; his report will be close to three minutes. Extended clips will be posted on the Central Florida News 13 website.

“My job is never to offer up opinions,” Longo said. “I’m just putting the facts out there and letting the viewers decide. Normally, you don’t respond to an inmate’s claims.”

But Anthony’s defense team wants to talk to Lunceford, and that makes her pertinent, Longo said.

For the report, Longo also interview prison officials and drew on Lunceford’s record and an investigative report about Derkovic.

“She [Derkovic] was transferred in May to Broward Correctional Institute in Fort Lauderdale,” Longo said. “It’s another part of the story. Why was she transferred? Baez believes it’s for one issue. Prison officials say it’s another.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-robin-lunceford-sent-letters-to-central-florida-news-13.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Baez Tries To Block Conversation In Anthony Case
Baez Claims Inmate Admitted To Conspiring Against Casey

UPDATED: 5:57 pm EDT July 19, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, is asking the judge to prevent prosecutors from releasing an audiotape of Baez speaking on the phone to a department of corrections inmate.

Robin Lunceford, a career criminal serving life in prison, has 27 aliases according to her listing at the Orange County Department of Corrections.

In court papers filed Thursday, Baez claimed Lunceford called him two months ago and claimed she conspired with two other inmates to plant false stories about Anthony.

Most notably, convicted drug dealer Robyn Adams, with whom Casey did exchange numerous secret notes and letters at the jail.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said all of the inmates who have come forward to offer information lack credibility.

"I'm willing to bet the state is not going to rely on these jailhouse snitches in the first place," Hornsby said.

In an odd twist, prosecutors obtained a copy of Lunceford's recorded call from prison with Baez and they plan to release it as discovery evidence. In an effort to block that from happening, Baez filed a motion for protective order claiming he didn't know the inmate's call to him was recorded.

"I think it's going to be more embarassment for Jose Baez because I have a feeling he said some things to Robin Lunceford he probably regrets saying in a recorded conversation," Hornsby said.

In a 2005 Miami Herald article, Lunceford was called the most prolific informant in the the Miami-Dade jail. The article said Lunceford offered information against at least four murder defendants.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24314458/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

"I'm willing to bet the state is not going to rely on these jailhouse snitches in the first place," Hornsby said.
Hornsby agrees with us. Baez is doing a bunch of nothing as far as things that will legitimately help Casey's defense.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Casey’s pen pals ready to lie on stand?

By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:46 PM

ORLANDO -- A prison inmate has come forward saying Casey Anthony’s jail pen pals are prepared to lie at trial.

Anthony's defense attorneys are getting ready to meet this inmate to decide for themselves.

She told News 13 what she says is the whole story.

State prison inmate Robin Lunceford has a whole lot of dirt to dish on one of Anthony's jailhouse friends.

“They can polygraph me,” Lunceford said. “They can polygraph her and let's just see what happens.”

She wrote to News 13 from inside jail to explain what was going on.

“It is what it is. She lied,” Lunceford said.

Lunceford did time with Maya Derkovic at the Lowell Corrections Institute in Ocala.

Before that, Derkovic was in the Orange County Jail where she allegedly befriended Anthony.

“She was my very good friend,” Lunceford said. “We confided in each other.”

Derkovic allegedly shared stories about Anthony.

In December 2009, investigators came to visit Derkovic at the Lowell Prison.

At that point, Lunceford said she was convinced what she was hearing from Derkovic wasn't the truth.

“She has lied so much since I've met her about things that are frivolous, that are unimportant, not just with the case,” Lunceford said.

News 13 pressed Lunceford for specifics, about what Derkovic said to detectives that were alleged lies.

“That she had it in for her mother, that her mother showed more affection to the baby and that she did it to spite her mother, that was made up,” Lunceford said.

Then there was the day Caylee's remains were found.

“The part about when they found the baby, when they found the body. She was having a breakdown. But Maya didn't tell that. She said when the chaplain came that Casey was indifferent and applying her makeup,” Lunceford said.

Derkovic told investigators Anthony admitted to "knocking Caylee out" so she could go out.

“I can't say anything about the chloroform,” Lunceford said. “She never discussed that with me. I don't know about that.”

Prison officials told and showed News 13 that Lunceford has a lengthy disciplinary history.

We were told she is manipulative and has limited credibility.

News 13 reached out to Derkovic so she could tell her side, but she hasn't responded to our requests.

Anthony's defense team wants to hear what Lunceford has to say.

Because she alleges Derkovic and another one of Anthony's pen pals, Robin Adams, plotted with each other to convince investigators they were telling the truth.

“They were comparing their stories, they were basically saying, ‘I said this when they came to see me. Make sure you say this,’” Lunceford said. (So Robin Adams and Maya Derkovic conspired to make up a story about Casey Anthony?) Yes.”

So, who's telling the truth?

Derkovic is serving a 30-year sentence for murder.

“(What does she want?) She wants to be transferred, and she wants a mitigated sentence,” Lunceford said.

“I don't want to see someone convicted and put on death row because of a 21-year-old’s lies if she really didn't do it,” Lunceford said.

Lunceford reached out to Anthony's attorney Jose Baez in May.

Shortly after that is when Derkovic was transferred to a prison in Fort Lauderdale.

Prison officials said Derkovic and Lunceford essentially had a falling out and threatened one another. That's supposedly why Derkovic was transferred.

Officials said the transfer had nothing to do with the case against Anthony.

News 13 did request the transfer order and paperwork concerning those threats. However, we were told they can't be released because of security concerns.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/124480/Casey%92s-pen-pals-ready-to-lie-on-stand?cmpid=twitter
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:01 am

Web Exclusive: More on Robin Lunceford interview

By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Monday, July 19, 2010 11:33 PM

ORLANDO -- State corrections officials tell News 13 that Robin Lunceford is under investigation inside the Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala for operating a scam that involves the prison phone system.

According to officials, Maya Derkovic aided Lunceford in operating this scam. However, when Derkovic threatened to stop her participation, Lunceford made some sort of threats towards her.

It was at that time, officials said, Derkovic was subsequently transferred to the Broward Corrections facility in Ft. Lauderdale.

On Thursday, July 15, Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez filed a court motion indicating when Lunceford reached out to him by phone in May 2010, he was unaware their phone conversation was being recorded.

Baez has asked for a hearing to halt that recording from entering the public record in this case.

State corrections officials told News 13 the recording has not yet been turned over to the Orange County State Attorney's Office.

Officials also confirmed Derkovic was visited twice by authorities investigating the case against Anthony.

The first visit came in December 2009 and the topics discussed were summarized by Orange County Sheriff’s Office Detective Yuri Melich in a supplemental report already released by the State Attorney's Office in the course of discovery.

The full transcription of that interview has not been made public yet.

Authorities also visited Derkovic at the Lowell facility in April, according to prison officials, and the reason behind that visit has not been disclosed in the course of discovery.

Lunceford has a history of inserting herself into high-profile criminal cases.

One involved a 5-year-old girl who died in South Florida.

Lunceford came forward with information to prosecutors that was essential in securing an indictment.

Later, however, she failed to deliver key testimony in the case.

In a 2005 article from the Miami Herald, Lunceford was dubbed, “the most prolific informant in the Miami-Dade jail.”

There's also another article from the Palm Beach Post that summarizes the case and Lunceford's involvement to date.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/124522/Web-Exclusive:-More-on-Robin-Lunceford-interview
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 am

Baez Tries To Block Conversation In Anthony Case

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT July 19, 2010
UPDATED: 5:57 pm EDT July 19, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, is asking the judge to prevent prosecutors from releasing an audiotape of Baez speaking on the phone to a department of corrections inmate.

Robin Lunceford, a career criminal serving life in prison, has 27 aliases according to her listing at the Orange County Department of Corrections.

In court papers filed Thursday, Baez claimed Lunceford called him two months ago and claimed she conspired with two other inmates to plant false stories about Anthony.

Most notably, convicted drug dealer Robyn Adams, with whom Casey did exchange numerous secret notes and letters at the jail.

Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said all of the inmates who have come forward to offer information lack credibility.

In an odd twist, prosecutors obtained a copy of Lunceford's recorded call from prison with Baez and they plan to release it as discovery evidence. In an effort to block that from happening, Baez filed a motion for protective order claiming he didn't know the inmate's call to him was recorded.

"I think it's going to be more embarassment for Jose Baez because I have a feeling he said some things to Robin Lunceford he probably regrets saying in a recorded conversation," Hornsby said.

In a 2005 Miami Herald article, Lunceford was called the most prolific informant in the the Miami-Dade jail. The article said Lunceford offered information against at least four murder defendants.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24314458/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:30 am

When she was told to "shake her moneymaker" Miss Lunceford began wagging her tongue, letting all kinds of mistruths fly...Thus began her hard earned profession as a "criminal informant"...And to think that she was paid for this made the Anthonys furious....So why ain't they RICH!!!
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Judge orders state to give him recorded jailhouse call in Casey Anthony case
Judge wants to privately review a recorded call between Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez and prison inmate Robin Lunceford.

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel
11:45 a.m. EDT, July 20, 2010

The judge in the Casey Anthony case today ordered the State Attorney's Office to give him a copy of a recorded jailhouse phone call between defense attorney Jose Baez and a prison inmate.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry's order directs the state to give him a copy of the call so he can review it in private.

The call has not become public.

Perry's order comes days after Casey Anthony's attorney asked the court to seal what he calls an illegally recorded phone conversation he had with state prisoner Robin Lunceford, who he says conspired with other female inmates to tell lies about his client.

Much of what inmate Lunceford told Baez — as well as other details — is unknown. Baez provided few specifics in a document he filed with the court last week.

Perry's order also directs the state to file a written response to Baez's motion to seal.

Baez said he received a phone call from an inmate claiming to be Lunceford in May.

The topics discussed during the conversation include talk that "Lunceford along with Maya Derkovic conspired with [Robyn] Adams to possibly benefit by lying to the state [prosecutors] about Casey Anthony," Baez said in his motion.

Many inmate calls are recorded by officials who run the institutions where they are incarcerated. That was the case with this call, Baez said. But at the time he was unaware he was being recorded and did not consent to the recording.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-motion-20100720,0,6148971.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:51 pm

State Ordered To Turn In Recorded Conversations In Casey Case

Posted: 12:11 pm EDT July 20, 2010
Updated: 12:28 pm EDT July 20, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Chief Judge Belvin Perry ordered the state to give him a copy of a recorded phone conversation between defense attorney Jose Baez and life prisoner Robin Lunceford in the case against Casey Anthony Tuesday.

DOCUMENT:
Judge’s Order To State

Baez wants the recording sealed, claiming he did not know the state prison phone call was being recorded. He said Lunceford has information helpful to the defense about Casey's jail pals.

The judge also wants prosecutors to weigh in on whether it was a legal recording before deciding whether it will go public or whether to have a hearing on the matter.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24324217/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Order Directing State to File a Response and to Submit Telephone Recording of Robin Lunceford for In Camera Inspection
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am

awaiting justice wrote:i may be the only one who thinks this, but I think this motion is all a ruse and i doubt JB said anything wrong....

i doubt he is stupid enough to have incriminated himself or KC.. i think he wants the public to think that of him to mislead us in his potential to manipulate and confuse.. I am not saying he is brilliant by any means but he is like KC and CA where he gets by via manipulation...Why wud he have ever thought that the call wudnt have been subject to the case ..???

He has done this before where he fights to keep things out (like the letters) and there is no reason for it as nothing was incriminating.. but he wants the public to believe there is something bad in some discovery when there wasnt...then when ppl hear it/read it.. there isnt anything there... just more ways he can try and confuse the juror...

Well, we should soon find out since the judge has requested a copy of the recording to listen to himself.

Based on the judge's actions, I think we can somewhat surmise it's contents.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Jose was is not Robin Lunceford's attorney and does not represent her nor have any kind of attorney/client relationship with her......... and the call was from an INMATE AT THE ORANGE COUNTY JAIL. He oughtta know that was bein recorded, as all calls are, and as their is no attorney/client privilege at stake here- too bad so sad.

In fact, if he had visited Robin in jail, that convo would have been recorded and videotaped too.

So I don't get it? Another terribly embarassing goof up by the defense.
kh

khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:17 am

Prosecutors Turn Over Anthony Attorney Tape
Tape I Recorded Phone Call Between Baez, Inmate

POSTED: 7:28 pm EDT July 21, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm EDT July 21, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony turned over a tape that the defendant's lawyer does not want to be made public, WESH 2's Bob Kealing reported Wednesday night.

The tape is a recorded phone call of Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, talking to a state prison inmate who claims she conspired with other prisoners to make up stories about Anthony.

This week, Judge Belvin Perry said he wants to review what's on the tape behind closed doors before he decides whether to release it.

Baez said the inmate called him and he was unaware that the call was recorded.

Anthony faces first-degree murder charges in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24345542/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Casey Judge Gets Recorded Prison Calls

Posted: 4:11 pm EDT July 22, 2010
Updated: 4:24 pm EDT July 22, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Chief Judge Belvin Perry has the recorded prison calls between defense attorney Jose Baez and life prisoner Robin Lunceford.

DOCUMENT:
Notice Shows Judge Received Calls

Baez wants the recorded phone calls prisoner Robin Lunceford made to him to be sealed. He claims he did not know the prison recorded the calls.

Baez interviewed Lunceford after she said she could discredit two key state witnesses.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24356934/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Notice of Provision of Recording Under Seal For In Camera Inspection Re: Telephone Calls of Robin Lunceford
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:50 pm

AJ, Jose is claiming that he wasn't told the call was being recorded and thus it was an illegal recording that can't be released. However, Richard Hornsby says that if the secretary was told the call was being recorded before transferring it to JB, then the secretary's knowledge of the recording would be imputed to JB even if she didn't tell him.

By the way, Lunceford is being held in Lowell Annex in Marion County and I really liked what Hornsby wrote about that.

Ironically though, even if Ninth Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Perry were to throw Jose Baez a bone and grant him some relief, Judge Perry does not have jurisdiction over the Lowell County Annex located in Marion County of the Fifth Judicial Circuit.

Thus a public records request there would require the Lowell County Annex to release any phone calls of Robin J. Lunceford from May of 2010. (hint, hint)

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2010/07/this-call-is-being-recorded/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Sorry if this has been posted already somewhere here....

Jose Baez says prison inmate supplied more potential witnesses

posted by halboedeker on July, 23 2010 6:15 PM

Local stations handled the latest Casey Anthony news quickly today.

Anthony attorney Jose Baez has filed a second motion to block the release of a phone conversation he had with a state prison inmate. Prosecutors had planned to release the call. Judge Belvin Perry has a copy of the call between Baez and inmate Robin Lunceford, who alleges that two inmates created false information about Anthony.

WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing explained that Baez “in this motion, tells Judge Belvin Perry that this inmate provided him information about more potential witnesses. And he wants time to check out what she has to say.” Perry is deciding whether to have a hearing on the call issue and has asked the prosecution to respond, Kealing added.

WFTV-Ch. 9 anchor Bob Opsahl explained why Baez wants the calls sealed — Baez’s motion today refers to one call. ”Baez claims the calls are privileged information because they are work product of the defense,” Opsahl said. “If the judge doesn’t go for that argument, Baez is also asking for time to investigate the inmate’s claims before the calls get released to the public.”

WOFL-Ch. 35 anchor Bob Frier highlighted potential witnesses supplied by Lunceford. ”Casey’s attorney wants time to interview the witnesses and investigate their claims,” Frier said. ”But he does not want the names or the phone call itself released to the public.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WESH also looked at costs in the Anthony case. “State records show tax dollars have started flowing for Casey’s defense,” Kealing reported. The total from March to June was $3,564. The Justice Administrative Commission rejected a Baez invoice for $490 for a court reporter. Baez would be responsible for any bill that the JAC doesn’t cover, said attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers analysis for WESH.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-prison-inmate-supplied-more-potential-witnesses.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Supplemental Motion for Protective Order Regarding a Telephone Recording of Robin Lunceford
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Baez Files Second Motion To Seal Call With Inmate

POSTED: 4:30 pm EDT July 23, 2010
UPDATED: 5:01 pm EDT July 23, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorney Jose Baez has filed a second motion to ask a judge to prevent prosecutors from releasing audio of him speaking on the phone to another inmate named Robin Lunceford.

Baez told Judge Belvin Perry on Friday that an inmate provided him information about more potential witnesses and he wants time to investigate that information. Until he has a chance to do that, Baez is asking that the recorded call be sealed.

Meanwhile, the tape is in possession of Perry -- he is deciding whether or not to have a hearing on the issue.

In recent court papers, Baez claimed Lunceford called him two months ago and claimed she conspired with two other inmates to plant false stories about Anthony.

In a previous motion, Baez said he did not know the call was being recorded. Perry has asked for the state to respond before deciding if he'll hold a hearing.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24372419/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:58 pm