Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3

+44
justanopinion
One Wonders
ishi
Alessandra_Deux
BrowncoatWhit
snowbird
Puzzler
Ann - Tx
BREEZE4
pi-girl
linden
Cali
January
bebecat
Gracie
IslandGirl
Armymom
Mircea
truthbtold
DeeMac
jigsaw
Eagle Eye
Elphie
soulpatch
Nisha1
purpleprincess
Snaz
msollicito
FystyAngel
LottieM
lc
Sherry
Julie
johnabelle
*KJ*
Estee
Justice4all
khintx
chatter2
Piper
Calypso
Maat
sitemama
JAG
48 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 am

Good grief! I'm not getting emails with the updates on comments here *or any of the other posts I'm subscribed to-or pms! I've missed alot!

I just wanted to say that I've been thinking about Terri doing harm to Kyron while having to care for her sick child. Makes no sense to try to pull it off at this time of all times she would have had a better opportunity.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3

Post by Julie Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 am

Sherry-check your Preferences under Profile.

I lost track of this case a looooooooooooooong time ago.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks, Julie. I'll send you a pm.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 am

awaiting justice wrote:And another comment on circ evidence cases... the Tim Masters case is very sad as he was convicted on circ evidence and the jury of public opinion when he was only 15.. no evidence at all, but forged footprints... he was finally exonerated in 2007 and it is alleged that the state never even handed over (to the defense) the inconclusive DNA they found at the scene and it is alleged that the footprints were " created" by LE.... here is a snip from the aftermath of this horrible conviction...

It took 3 tries for this guy to be heard.. (silly drawings on his binder showing violence toward women, ultimaltely got him convicted...oh, and guess what?? He failed his poly too..... ! )

" snipped"

Tim Masters' suit lawyers:

No harm in fake evidence

Judge Terry Gilmore's attorney argued in federal court Tuesday that prosecutors who manufacture evidence cannot be held liable because it does not hurt anyone until it's used in court - and prosecutors are entirely immune from liability for their actions there..
(Aug. 26, 2009)

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090826/NEWS01/908260336
-------------------------

How sad... !!! I think this needs to stop! Accountibility needs to be implemented to deter.. hunchs that turn into convitions with a little help from planted evidence..

Whoa. That is not justice served! Shocked
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:53 am

Wonder if the Scheme Team has this up their sleeve??? Wouldn't put it past them....a little prefabricated evidence doesn't hurt anyone, unless it's used in trial??? Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3 - Page 9 858297
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:57 am

Oh, and lie detector tests need to be burned at the stake.... they are a distraction to enable LE to manipulate the ppl close to the suspect and the public, and they are a joke.. they do not work, they are only a manipulative tool, to help LE gain support in going after their subject.. a OUIJA board has about the same amount accuracy....

AJ - I agree. I have read and heard too many incidences of the guilty party passing lie detector tests.

There was a re-run on ID Discovery yesterday about BTK. He had not struck in 9 years when he attacked and killed Vicki Wegerle in the middle of the day and took off in her car. Her husband came home for lunch and found her dead. She had been bound, tortured and killed. For 18 years, her husband Bill was the prime suspect and he and his two children lived under the cloud that goes with it.

TBT - Wow! I will look for that rerun. Maybe ID will play it again soon. Hadn't heard this. Very sad.

They have no evidence to support that Terri committed the crime or attempted to engage in a murder-for-hire plot. Cuz if they did, she'd a done been arrested.

kh

Amen! Thinking back to the first appearance they did, Desiree, Tony, Kaine and Terri, so many people thought she acted "funny". I'm just supposin' maybe Terri was worried about Kyron. Maybe she was thinking back about some things she had said/texted and wishing to God she had never said those things. I just hope her actions at that press conference were the reason LE had such tunnel vision.
Gracie
Gracie

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 am

With Terri, it was: "This woman acted strange at the press conference-she KNOWS what happened!" And her "going to the gym" remark on FB and the hour unaccounted for, etc., you have a perp without evidence.

Thank you Sherry. That is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for the link.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

An example I will use is the case where Tanya Rider, was 33 and went missing.. Her husband begged LE to llook for her but thhey never did.. they were too intersted in going after HIM... then a girl at Tanyas work, told LE that hubby ACTED WEIRD when he came looking foor Tanya..

AJ, I watched that show and it is hard to believe Tanya was found alive. It took LE to even respond to his 911 phone call that his wife was missing. Horror story.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Gracie wrote:
With Terri, it was: "This woman acted strange at the press conference-she KNOWS what happened!" And her "going to the gym" remark on FB and the hour unaccounted for, etc., you have a perp without evidence.

Thank you Sherry. That is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for the link.

YW!
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Staton said he was briefed with details from prosecutors last Friday and felt comfortable proceeding on the course they were on.

"Our resources are limited and so are Portland's. Eventually you have to reach out for support and help," he said.

"I don't want the family to believe we are changing this investigation in any way, shape or form ... I think all the investigators involved believe there is going to be an outcome in this," Staton said.

"A lot of the things we looked at or suspected we no longer look at, we no longer suspect them," Staton said, referring to more than 3,000 tips taken in the case. "A number of the leads have been significant."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

In the above 9/17 news link we see that MCSD has decided to use the services of the Portland Police three months later. I think it is time to make it mandatory that when a child goes missing all resources are to be used, not refused. When it comes to children egos need to be put on the back burner.

It also seems that some people were taken off the "suspicion list". For those thinking Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance how do they know that Terri wasn't taken off the "list"?

Just a note: The FBI were involved on June 8th and on June 9th "help from across the state of Oregon" came to do searches. The Portland police are not mentioned in the timeline but the mid-Sept. article above implies they came in to help at that time.

Last edited by Sherry on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 pm

AJ says.... It shocks me that the local media ppl, werent even interested in the landfills so close to the school, as I dont believe one, ask any LE in the many many pressers, if they were going too chek it..

Gracie says.... It should be mandatory that landfills are checked as part of the routine in these kind of cases. I know resources and funds are limited, but enlist the garbage people to help, something, anything.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 pm

"I don't want the family to believe we are changing this investigation in any way, shape or form ... I think all the investigators involved believe there is going to be an outcome in this," Staton said.

Is this the same person who was saying he didn't like the way the investigation was going. That it was headed in the direction of a cold case?

Sherry says
It also seems that some people were taken off the "suspicion list". For those thinking Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance how do they know that Terri wasn't taken off the "list"?

Has Terri's lawyer and Terri been informed if she has been taken off the "list"? Somehow I doubt this because if I was Terri's lawyer Terri would be having a press conference.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Gracie wrote:
AJ says.... It shocks me that the local media ppl, werent even interested in the landfills so close to the school, as I dont believe one, ask any LE in the many many pressers, if they were going too chek it..

Gracie says.... It should be mandatory that landfills are checked as part of the routine in these kind of cases. I know resources and funds are limited, but enlist the garbage people to help, something, anything.

Me likes Gracie's wisdom!
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Gracie wrote:

Is this the same person who was saying he didn't like the way the investigation was going. That it was headed in the direction of a cold case?

Sherry says

Has Terri's lawyer and Terri been informed if she has been taken off the "list"? Somehow I doubt this because if I was Terri's lawyer Terri would be having a press conference.

Good questions! On the first one about Staton, IDK. As for the lawyer and Terri holding a presser if she is off the "suspicion list" it may not be necessary since the only ones who think she is a suspect are commentors, not LE (they have not named her a suspect or POI). I thought she lawyered up because of the pending divorce/RO. LE did investigate her concerning the MFH.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:07 am

LE has made a point of saying they have not named Terri nor anyone else a suspect all along.

I think Terri will stay quiet until such time as she can make a case to regain custody of Kiara. LE probably uncovered some illegal or questionable activity (not related to Kyron) during the course of the investigation that could work against her in a custody battle. Kaine knows this and boxed her in by interweaving the RO/custody with the missing person cases. She probably does have some things to explain/correct before she can get Kiara back. I think Kaine probably has some things to explain/correct as well, but Terri can't really say anything about him officially without incriminating herself. She needs to stay quiet and be patient, imo. She is following her attorney's advice.
truthbtold
truthbtold

Mood : Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 am

aj, I was just supposing she is no longer a suspect to LE. That presser back in September could have gone either way with Terri as a suspect or not.

Like you said, the witchhunt can go on in the arena of public opinion. LE is not concerned with that anyway.

truthbtold, interesting what you say could be the case with Terri and this investigation.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

I am new to this forum but not to the case. If a local is here, I think I remember someone posting elsewhere that Portland does not use local landfills, or that there aren't any...something like that. Can anyone confirm how trash would be handled from Skyline?

While I am not getting that LE has ruled out Terri, I am also not convinced that they have anything besides the kinds of evidence that would be used as additional evidence in a trial, not the main stuff. I mean they probably have lots of things that point to guilt, to prop up what they are still lacking. So unless they find Kyron or get that bit of evidence to build the case around, they may be in limbo a long time. I don't think anyone saw Terri leave with Kyron. I think this is a case unlike others, that really needs Kyron to be found, as there have been so many "theories" as to where he could be (other than deceased) and even LE won't say he is not alive. Defense could produce countless quotes from LE and parents saying Kyron is alive, being held, etc...

(I do think TH is likely guilty-but I think she did her thing alone...who would she trust this much and who would trust her? It's too much for me to believe, as yet, that another adult would embroil themselves in something this evil.)

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Terri herself has made me feel she is guilty; partly via the words of her attorneys, partly Desiree's words about Terri's e-mails, partly Terri's lack of protests, partly her behavior since 6/4. But I am not 100%; I do think there is a chance a stranger did this. Just not as likely. I do think Terri resented Kyron (I am not sure about the word "hate") and I do think she may have had some kind of a break with reality this past year. But these are just feelings, I do not think LE has any evidence against her, at least not enough to make a case.
I think Terri could well have had Kyron in the truck when at FM stores. And that the "driving time" was used to dispose of Kyron. If she is in fact guilty. I do not believe there is a team of people involved. I think LE is going that route only because they don't see how she could have done it alone. I think they need to find Kyron to make a case, and I have fears he won't ever be found, just like Haleigh.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi, bebecat! Welcome to RC! its a beautiful thin

aj, what a scary picture that is about our justice system! I have heard of wrongful convictions where someone accused falsely of a sex crime against a child is concerned. There is no "not guilty" pleas. The best a person can do is a plea deal. Juries are too scared to say "not guilty" where such a charge against a child is leveled because they fear they may let a true ped go free.

It has been fascinating to read and view old news articles and pressers from the beginning of this case. A reporter asked the MCSD spokesman about Terri's "hitting the gym" remark and he said that the MCSD had asked the family to go about their usual routine as much as possible. Granted, hitting the gym is a bit odd to do when a child is missing and it does make Terri look cold and heartless but it could be just bad judgement on her part, not guilt, imo.

I have also noticed that LE has not stated these things that Desiree and Kaine have said in their pressers. It may be like you said, aj, that LE feeds this stuff to them so they can get it out there in the court of public opinion, or, it could be that LE is revealing very little but Tony is filling in the blanks with presumption. I haven't yet seen where LE has made Terri the bad guy as far as the pressers go. The only thing would be that poster with Terri's pic and truck look-alike. That could have been done to clear Terri, too (or at least I would hope that was the motivation). One can see that when politics is a factor it can make people suspicious of the LE as well as any person in relation to a crime.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I actually DO think Kyron needs to be found, in this particular case, to proceed successfully with a trial. Too many weird theories have been floated, even by LE, as to where he could be/what could have happened.

As far as solving this case-if Terri didn't do it, I doubt it will ever be solved. Her being guilty is the only way I can see; there sure doesn't seem to be anyone else on the radar.

I'm not saying Terri should speak out, pleading her innocence. But I wish she had spoken just once, in those early weeks before lawyers, and made a public plea for his return. I wish the all three parents had done that together, that first weekend, but Terri was the one with him, people wanted to hear from her. It is human nature, nothing to do with legalities or rights.

I'm human and can't help but compare Desiree's grief to Terri's...what? Lack of sense of reality? No clue as to the seriousness of a 7-yr old, gone? (i.e. sexting, joking around with MC on texts, etc.) If there ever is a trial, jurors may also be presented with images of these two mothers...it won't help Terri. But as I said before, I don't think LE has the proof they need to move forward-someone, somewhere needs to find poor Kyron.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm really hoping the focus isn't just on Terri as the perp who caused Kyron harm. If she goes down for this and is innocent then the perp has gotten away with it and could harm another child. I am taking what Kaine and Desiree are saying with a bit of caution knowing that they are hurting. I'm having a bit of difficulty believing anything that is revealed via emails and texts because they can be fabricated. The MFH came about because a landscaper said it was so, yet the sting showed that Terri feared for Kaine's life when she called 911 on him. He doesn't have a stellar reputation and how dio we know for sure that he wasn't looking for his 15 minutes?

Kyron needs to be found. I pray he is alive but know if that is the case, he is not safe. He can't be when you hear that LE knows about things they wish they didn't know.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

I don't put much stock in the so-called MFH business-I think LE would love to have something to charge TH with if they could, just to show some progress, and they haven't.
But I don't think any e-mails are faked; I do think Desiree's take on them may be different (more emotional) with the fact that Kyron is gone, than if she had seen them some other time. Maybe Terri was griping about Kyron, saying what a pain he was, whatever...now, that may seem like "hatred". But presumably TH did not write anything bad enough so that the receiver of the emails felt the need to contact authorities.

I think LE is looking at all scenarios, but TH has not been able to be "cleared". LE would be negligent if they did not suspect her; opportunity, wonky alibi, and possibly, changing stories (who knows what she told LE-we don't.) So she has to stay on the list, but it may be a list of one, as I don't think they came up with any stray sex offenders to add to it.

I have no love for Kaine, but do not feel he has any guilt with Kyron's disappearance. I think that if Terri was the drunk he is now claiming, he has a lot to answer for, as he allowed her to care for little kids. I don't believe him for a second that he only realized later how bad she was. But I think he never imagined Kyron to be in danger, if anything the baby, who was with Terri far more often and she was driving her around all the time.

I don't think LE has anything going on in Feb, except for a meeting with the money committee...not expecting any big news then, unless they stumble over some evidence.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello Bebecat and welcome! I think LE was being sneaky. I figure they had Terri pegged for Kyron's disappearance from day one. LE never officially calls her a suspect, but they release information to Kaine and Desiree knowing full well this information will be put out there, and not in an objective manner. They thought with the information they released to Kaine and Desiree the squeeze would definitely be put on Terri and it was and they didn't get the results they wanted - Terri didn't break. So, officially LE has never said she is a suspect, but unofficially and officially they have done nothing to point the investigation in a different direction from a media standpoint. Why would LE make a statement that they know things they wish they didn't know? Something is just not right here and it's not with Terri IMO it is with LE.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi bebecat Kyron Horman -- Missing 6/4/10 #3 - Page 9 864739

If the MFH plot was real, TH would be sitting in jail on those charges right now, JMO. I want to know what LE wish they didn't know. What the heck is it, what are they sitting on?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

The thing that gets me is that nothing about Terri has been provided by LE. So, every single story about wonky alibis and failed polys and such may be nothing but a big pile of bull crap. She may have nailed her alibi down to the minute, passed the polygraphs and never sent creepy Mike any text messages (I do want to note that the number connected to the sexts received actually belongs to Kaine. Something to keep in mind.).

LE has not confirmed ANY of the rumors. Only the Holy Trinity (K, D, and T) spouted that. And I don't think I really hold much stock in anything they say. They are trying desperately to deflect any attention to their own faults. The distant cheating dad, and the uninterested mommy who doesn't bother changing sheets during the weeks her child is not visiting her and calls it love after the fact, and the clueless stepfather who doesn't really want any kids around to start with. They are so covered with their own baggage, I suspect Samsonite is sending them a bill.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 pm

That Terri isn't saying anything , because she could if she really wanted to, may just mean she has nothing more to add to what she already has said.

Kaine wants everyone to believe that she has changed her story but if that's the case why did he not speak up about that sooner? Because its not true, imo.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Here is an article I don't recall having seen before-its dated July 16th:

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kaine-Horman-Terri-to-blame-for-witch-hunt-in-search-for-Kyron-98621924.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Responding to a statement by the attorney for Kyron Horman's step-mom that the media was involved in a "witch hunt," Kaine Horman says his estranged wife's obstruction is to blame for her not being truthful.

At a court meeting Thursday, Terri Moulton Horman's lawyer Stephen Houze had said media was involved in a "witch hunt" for his client and that briefings by Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother Desiree Young were "fanning the flames."

Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Bebe!

I hear what you're saying about Terri. I think she may have a lot of skeletons in her closet and she does seem to be an odd duck (as do both Kaine and Desiree). It's possible that indiscretions that could affect Kiara's custody are driving her to stay out of the public eye and keeping her from making public statements. By tying the RO/custody with allegations of involvement in abduction and MFH, Kaine essentially ensured that Terri can't defend herself about criminal allegations without having to answer questions that may impact her ability to get Kiara back in the future. Kaine doesn't seem to work as a team player when it comes to custody; he plays to win from what we know.

Also, the fact that Terri is not taking polys anymore, doesn't mean she's not cooperating with LE. We have never heard LE claim that she isn't cooperating. If she failed her first 2 polys or if they were inconclusive and she kept being asked the same questions, she would be foolish not to get a lawyer and stop taking them. We've cited countless examples of innocent people who were persecuted for failing polys. Continuing to take polys didn't help in the investigations surrounding their loved ones; it hindered them by keeping LE tunnel visioned.

Terri may be involved in Kyron's disappearance. But, she could just as easily be working with LE behind the scenes and planning for a future all-out custody war with Kaine. Kaine's actions, selective memory, changing accounts and immediate attempts to make sure his associates don't say anything without his consent make him equally as suspicious in my eyes.... A non-familial abduction is also still a good possibility imo; if this is the case, the apparent singular focus on Terri has given the perp a huge advantage.

truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:50 pm

I do wonder if perhaps Kaine was spotted at the school by someone and that is the reason for the latest e-mail from LE....at least, it did occur to me.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:01 pm

bebecat wrote:I do wonder if perhaps Kaine was spotted at the school by someone and that is the reason for the latest e-mail from LE....at least, it did occur to me.

Kiane did say he worked out of his home 3-5 days a week and someone was on Terri's computer playing Family Feud at around 9:00 am or at least that is what I've been told.
Elphie
Elphie

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm

I think it is has been indicated that Family fued thing was more like 8am in the Pacific time zone, not positive? And/or that it may have been some kind of auto thing, where a person does not have to be online, like someone else gave them something for their game. I am not up on those things, but I read a lot about it way back when...

LE may still be trying to confirm if the baby was with Terri-if some say yes and some say no, then it gives them reason to think someone else was with Terri, watching her in the truck or whatever...

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/23/new-clues-in-kyron-horman-search-fact-or-fiction-you-decide/

there is information about the leads in this case and investigative comments, too. also has kaine's email to intel employees in it.

-forgive my lack of capitalization-cat is sleeping on my arm and i haven't the heart to move him.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 am

Hi Gracie,

If you are still on can you please check your pm's and let me know if got it.

Feel free to forward to anyone interested!

Morning All! Razz
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:31 am

I don't think LE has to tell us everything and everyone they are checking...they have said they are and have been looking into RSO's, at this point I don't have a reason not to believe them. They have not been the ones out there accusing Terri, so I hope they are back at their desks working when that is going on.

I don't know for a fact they did not check landfills-was it written that they did not? Or just not reported if it was?

I think I have read literally every article on this case and feel like I know next to nothing, except Kyron is gone, and his stepmother seems not to have been cleared by LE...

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

AJ says Sherry, thanks for the article... How true Houze`s words are....it is a no brainer to see that the briefings are for the purpose of the media where they will publish crap, and LE dont have to accountable as it isnt coming from them..

Ditto. Thank you Sherry. I had not read that article either. And, very well said AJ!

Bebecat - I agree that LE doesn't have to show us their hand, but the only search that I have read about being done is on Sauvie Island and I am leaning toward Sauvie Island being a red herring. I have never read where the landfills have been searched. I hope LE is back at their desk too and working on this case. I agree they are not the ones publicly accusing Terri only because they have got Kaine and Desiree doing their dirty work. IIRC, didn't Kaine take off work early that day? Why isn't that being scrutinized? I'm not accusing Kaine of being involved, I just disagree with the way LE has pigeon-holed/tunnel-visioned this investigation from the beginning. The first 48 hours are crucial in cases like this and I feel the direction of the investigation of Kyron's case in the first 48 hours headed in the wrong direction and only now is LE realizing that was a huge mistake.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am

Bebecat:
Yep, amazing how so much has been written in the press and on the blogs, but we really know very little about what has and hasn't been done in the investigation (except for the focus on Terri). That's what disturbing, whether there is good reason for Terri to be the focus or not. If a thorough investigation considering all valid possibilities is being conducted and LE wants to be tight lipped about it, I can respect that. But, in this case, they are either not looking beyond Terri or they are being tight lipped on the other avenues of investigation and either allowing or encouraging alleged incriminating information about Terri to be released to the public. It just doesn't add up to an objective investigation, imo.

AwaitingJustice:
I agree that a (named or unnamed) POI that is being publicly targeted by LE should not try to defend themselves in the court of public opinion. By the time they've been thrown to the wolves, anything they say will be positioned to support the presumption of guilt. You listed good examples and I'd like to add the Ramseys to your list - that was the worst persecution of a victim's family that I've seen to date. I think one of the reasons is because they were rightfully p'd off about the investigation stalling on them personally and they fought back publicly; only made things worse. It took a private investigation and DNA evidence to "kinda" clear them a decade later - and still no answers.
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Eagle - Thank you for the information and I will forward to interested parties.
Gracie
Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Gracie wrote:Eagle - Thank you for the information and I will forward to interested parties.

You are welcome check your pms again. Razz
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:54 pm

FYI: Over at blinkoncrime.com she's posted a profile of the perp, developed by blink staff and their "inside sources" - most recent two pages of comments. Seems like she is now leaning toward a pedophile whose description is known by LE, but whose name/identity is not (and who may or may not have been connected to Terri).

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#comments
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks truthbtold! I'm looking forward to reading that.

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Ok, description from Blink's site:

"Opportunist Sexual Predator Pedophile- Highly organized offender, serial.
No kids of his own, possible divorce.

Possibly dated someone with kids in the area.

Skills or resources to go underground quickly and for sustained periods of time.

Able to function undetected in the community, but familiar enough to fit in.

No electronic footprint, but has masterful IT skills

Has had access to Skyline prior to 6/4/10 possibly through work, which I would guess is construction/electric/plumbing related.

Before you ask, yes, I believe Kyron ran into him in the “Cool Electric” Science Fair displays.

I have no idea how he might be connected to TH or RS, and neither does MCSO or they would have a suspect.

If he is profiling low risk kids (in his opinion) it would be his MO to have been around his victims and have a level of understanding of their family dynamic. In other words, he has assessed in advance

Imo, that is the missing link. I believe they have a physical description of him, thus the facial recognition portion of the cameras and the statement it was an isolated incident. That is the only way that statement does not sound irresponsible to me."

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/comment-page-75/#comments
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Many of us here have always felt it was someone else at the school that day. Either a teacher, previous employee or contract worker, volunteer, older child......

Does LE really have a description of this person?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:57 pm

I wonder if Skyline had a contractor working on a project that day?
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Settle down, I am not convinced Terri is guilty and I am not one of those who think LE can do no wrong...I just like to at least assume there is more going on than we can see, but am aware there may not be.

They may be waiting for computer forensics or looking through that stuff now; also the way I read the last article, Staton indicated they are still looking at RSO's or had not finished looking at them.

I think that Kaine and Desiree have put their own spin on whatever they have heard from LE, I don't think LE has told them as much as we have heard from the parents.

But as I said before...if Terri is not guilty, I doubt there will ever be a resolution to this case. Also, if Terri is convicted without Kyron being found, or a confession, I would not consider that to be satisfactory-too many questions left unanswered, unless of course they come up with some sort of evidence that cannot be denied.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Sherry's original link:

Kyron Horman Task Force sends out list of 490 people interviewed from school, and asks if they're missing anyone
Published: Friday, December 10, 2010, 3:13 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/kyron_horman_task_force_sends.html

Here's a link to the list of names:
ADULTS AND NON-STUDENT CHILDREN AT SKYLINE SCHOOL BETWEEN 8-12 on JUNE 4, 2010

http://alternate-theories.blogspot.com/2010/12/list-of-490-people-at-skyline-school.html#comments
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by *KJ* Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

I think it's possible that someday (god forbid) that Kyron's remains could be found in Northern Washington, or somewhere like that, that would make it evident that Terri was not involved too. Finding him is clearly the key here.

I'm really afraid though, that the more time that goes on, where hikers, farmers, road workers, swimmers, boaters, etc don't stumble onto him...that to mean scares me...makes me feel like he is still living and being tortured.

I think if some creep took him for a quick thrill, there would have been little effort in hiding his remains...he would have been found.

And I just cannot put a lot of stock into the idea that Terri is smart enough to hide a body with little time, so close to home, where countless searches have taken place. I suppose I could be wrong on both parts...just look at Molly Bish. She wasn't hidden, yet her remains weren't found for a LONG time...also Terri could have just gotten lucky enough to hide his body right under everyone's noses and it just hasn't been 'stumbled' apon just yet...

But the more time that goes by, the more I find it hard to believe either is true.

I fear that poor Kyron is being held by some monster that maybe just happened by that day and figured, hey let me check this out...I bet this person is a complete stranger to the community...I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's some trucker (or something) that lives on the other side of the country.
*KJ*
*KJ*

Back to top Go down

Post by bebecat Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I agree that he might never be found, or be found many years from now, he is so small. And the areas we've seen them search are incredibly dense. They could easily have missed him.
I doubt people would give up on Terri if he was found out of state-they would say she handed him off, we've heard that phrase enough.
I won't go as far to say I think she is innocent but that I could not convict her on anything so far, and would need to see some real proof, either hear a tape of her talking about it, or a confession, something like that. This case is not great for no body/all circumstantial, due to all of the people saying he is alive, and all the things people have said might have happened...I think a juror or two would need some hard evidence.

bebecat

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm

I have personally feared that Kyron (well, his remains) might be found right there at the school one day. There are lots of "knooks and crannies" in a school. I hope LE has done enough investgation right there at the school.

kh

Last edited by khintx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 pm

KJ and bebecat, I share your fears. I'm afraid he's dead and might not ever be found. But, I'm afraid of what he's going through if he's alive. Scary all the way around.

In the case of Amber DuBois, LE was focused on stepdad. Mom became suspicious of him, but kept it out of the press and continued to demand searches and investigations into other possibilities. As you know, Amber was found a year later in a remote area about 30 miles from home; victim of a random abduction by a serial offender who gave them the location of her body to avoid the DP for the murder of Chelsea King. So, there's hope Kyron will be found and properly laid to rest if he's deceased and was snatched by pedophile. Hope it doesn't take more abductions and possible murders to catch the perp though...

Peace to Kyron and all who love him...
truthbtold
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Elphie Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:39 pm

khintx wrote:I have personally feared that Kyron (well, his remains) might be found right there at the school one day. There are lost of "knooks and crannies" in a school. I hope LE has done enough investgation right there at the school.

kh
I keep getting this fantasy that two school bullies pushed him down an old well near the school, not thinking he would be really hurt. It got out of control and now they are afraid to confess what they did. I know it's not likely, but it keeps playing in my head like an old 50s movie.
Elphie
Elphie

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next