Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday

+3
LottieM
Sherry
Piper
7 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday Empty Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday

Post by Piper Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Day 17: After quick day in Casey Anthony trial, could prosecution rest tomorrow?

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday Casey-anthony-4pics-1-0613

Casey Anthony's trial abruptly ends for the day, and won't resume again until Tuesday afternoon. But according to Judge Belvin Perry, things are actually running ahead of schedule.

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday Casey-anthony-heart-sticker-1229

Evidence of a heart-shaped sticker found at the site where Caylee Anthony's body was found in December 2008

Last Updated: Monday, June 13, 2011 12:34 PM

ORLANDO --
The Casey Anthony trial has come to another abrupt halt, but this time, it wasn't the defendant who forced Judge Belvin Perry to call it a day.

Just before noon Monday, prosecutors told the judge they had no more witnesses available to call for the day, and their next witnesses would not be able to make it to the Orange County Courthouse until Tuesday afternoon.

Judge Perry had no other choice than to call for a recess until 1 p.m. Tuesday. But he also revealed something else to the jurors, now in their fourth week away from their homes in Pinellas County.

Before dismissing the jury, the judge estimated that the prosecution could wrap up their case as early as Tuesday afternoon, or possibly Wednesday.

He then revealed that the trial was actually running ahead of schedule.

I kind of think that maybe, by the end of next week, we will conclude all of the evidence in this case and get you deliberating, hopefully, the 25th [next Saturday] or 27th [next Monday]. But that is subject to change. Don't hold me to that.

Read more:
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/261720/Day-17:-After-quick-day-in-Casey-Anthony-trial,-could-prosecution-rest-tomorrow

Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday

Post by Piper Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm

It's hard to believe the state is really going to rest without entering all of the cell phone pings and Casey's tattoo. shifty
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday Empty Re: Casey Anthony Trial Day 17: Session Ends Early, Prosecution May Rest Tuesday

Post by Sherry Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm

I thought the tattoo artist was one of the witnesses that the State wanted to call but he wasn't available. LDB mentioned the Bella Vita in her opener, didn't she? I'll have to relisten to her OS again. The cell phone pings-yes, that should come in!

I really don't think the defense will take all that long, or maybe I should say, it shouldn't take all that long! With Baez though, who knows what tricks he'll pull.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Does anyone know who the witnesses are for tomorrow?
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Roy Kronk Subpoenaed By Casey Defense

Kronk Called In Caylee's Remains In 2008

UPDATED: 4:26 pm EDT June 13, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Roy Kronk has been subpoenaed as a witness for Casey Anthony's defense, his attorney told WESH 2 News.

Kronk is the former meter reader who discovered Caylee's remains in December 2008.

Anthony's defense claimed in opening statements that the young girl's remains were placed in the woods by Kronk, not by Casey as prosecutors allege.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28223487/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Court Ends Early; Expert Testifies On Caylee's Hair

Updated: 4:50 pm EDT June 13, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Testimony ended early on Monday in Casey Anthony's murder trial because the prosecution's next witness will not be in Orlando until Tuesday. Casey Anthony is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, and Monday marked day 28, including jury selection, of her trial.

Casey Anthony entered the courtroom just after 8:50 a.m., wearing a lavender sweater and grey pants. She had her hair pulled back in a bun. Casey's parents, Cindy and George Anthony, were in court on Monday.

TRIAL DAY 28: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Day 28
CASEY WALKS IN: See Images | Raw Video
KEY PLAYERS: Attorneys, Witnesses, Judge
CASEY COVERAGE On Twitter | On Facebook

Jurors heard testimony Monday morning from a pair of FBI forensic examiners. The prosecution's next witness does not arrive in Orlando until Tuesday afternoon, so Judge Belvin Perry recessed just after noon until 1:00pm on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/28216441/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Is there a defense list of witnesses J4A?

I knew Kronk would be called. How about Dom Casey? Hoover?
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

This is the most recent defense witness list I could find. It is from August 29, 2010.

Sgt John V. Allen, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Cynthia Anthony
George Anthony
Lee Anthony
Scott Bolin, FBI
Kiomarie Cruz
Dep. Jason R. Forgey
Jesse A. Grund
Richard Grund
Mark Hawkins
Amy Huizenga
Commander Matthew J. Irwin, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Anthony Lazzaro
Dr. Henry Lee (Expert), University of New Haven
Karen Korsberg Lowe (Expert), FBI Laboratory
Steven John McElyea, FBI
Yuri N. Melich, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Ricardo Morales
Angelo Nieves, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Carlos Padilla, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Mallory Parker
Rick Plesea
Gary Ridgway, Johnson's Wrecker
Anthony Rusciano
Katherine Sanchez, Amscot
Nickolas Savage, FBI
Brittany Scheiber
Michael Sigman (Expert), Ph.D., University of Central Florida, National Center for Forensic Science
Dep. Appling S. Wells IV, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Dr. Kenneth Furton (Expert)
Dr. Scott Fairgrieve (Expert), Laurentian University
Laura Buchanan
Jill Kerley
Brandon Sparks
Crystal Sparks
Carlos Chirino
Guillermo Medino
Gail St. John
Travis J. Sanders
Unknown Female Searcher, to be provided
Tamra St. John
Annie Leigh Dowling
Holly Gagne
Paul Kelley
Bradley Wright
Fmr. Sheriff Kevin Berry, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Deputy Ron Stucker, Orange County Sheriffs Office
David Lohr
Thomas Beming
Patrick King
Dep. Bryan Tittle, Orange County Sheriffs Office
Susan Cecil
John Samples
John Morris
Off. O'day, Orlando Police Department
Lt. D. Driscoll, Orlando Police Department
Off. Faberlle-Perez, Orlando Police Department
Off. Ed. Michael, Orlando Police Department
Aviation Pilot Gillis, Orlando Police Department
Aviation Observer Robert McCullough, Orlando Police Department
Dean Lavigne
Stacy Hansen
Shimara Harris
David Evans
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you J4a.

OK..Kronk was just served so he'll be there too. I wonder if Dominic Casey & his PI buddy will be as well?
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

I thought we would hear testimony from Dominic and Hoover during the trial, but it's starting to look like they probably won't be called to the stand. The more I think about it, the more I think they might not be much use to either side. Dominic accused Baez of telling him not to call 911 if he found Caylee's body, but the Florida bar said there was no evidence to support his claim. He did search near the remains site a month before Caylee's remains were found, but there is nothing to refute his claim that he was there based on a tip from a psychic. He would only be useful to the state if he was willing to testify that he had inside knowledge on where Caylee's remains were located.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

PI Casey was the one that gave Baez his whole strategy, imo. In emails he stated he believed George was involved. From http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24527762/detail.html :

The prosecution released e-mails written by former Anthony family private investigator Dominic Casey.

One month before the toddler's body was found, Dominic Casey e-mailed a map to another investigator that marks the exact spot Caylee's body would later be found.

Detectives said they have looked extensively into Dominic Casey and the odd circumstances surrounding the map.
Dominic Casey was very close to George and Cindy Anthony following their granddaughter's disappearance. He worked for free to investigate tips phoned into the family.
Newly released e-mails show that Dominic Casey had contact with a psychic who led him to the woods off Hopespring Drive one month before Caylee's body was found nearby. Dominic Casey told investigators he did not see anything unusual when he went out there.

The e-mails also reveal that early on in the investigation, Dominic Casey suspected George Anthony was involved in Caylee's disappearance.
"From the very beginning, I have had the horrible feeling that Casey left the house without Caylee," Dominic Casey wrote in an e-mail to an amateur investigator on Sept. 1, 2008. "George Anthony was the last to see both Casey and Caylee on June 16 (the day Caylee was last seen)."
Dominic Casey speculated that, "George snaps and he hides Caylee at the house while Casey is getting ready. Casey comes from her room and asks where Caylee is, George tells Casey to get the hell out and stay out, she is an unfit mother and he will take care of Caylee."
(sounds similar Baez' opener)

In another e-mail, Dominic Casey wrote that he suspected Casey Anthony was sexually abused.
"She (Casey) may have seen her father 'look' at Caylee in a similar manner that Casey recognized," Dominic Casey wrote.

I'm looking for Baez to play dirty. Already a talkinghead has said that the DT will make it sound like the State had something to hide when they didn't put Kronk on the stand.

I'm confident that the State will do quite well in rebutting witnesses that Baez brings in.

One more note: we still have to hear from the botonist yet! But who the other witness is, I'm guessing it will be Robin Adams since she is in town. She will testify that Casey mentioned things found with the remains that had not yet become public knowledge.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Maybe Kiomarie will be the state's ending witness? She's KC old school friend who spoke of that area being the place where KC buried her pets. That might be the kiss of death for KC.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:26 pm

I think Robin Adams will be the state's last witness, and Kiomarie will be a defense witness. She is on Bozo's list.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 am

Who is Robin Adams, mama?
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am

Lottie, this explains who Robyn Adams is.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23067010/detail.html

These are the jailhouse letters, all 482 pages.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 am

I heard that the tattoo artist will be taking the stand for the state today. I believe the plant growth expert will be the other witness.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Julie wrote:Lottie, this explains who Robyn Adams is.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23067010/detail.html

These are the jailhouse letters, all 482 pages.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

Thanks Julie....I remember those. Just didn't know the inmate's name. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Sidebar Argument Between Judge Perry and Cheney Mason After Court Recessed Monday

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0614/28230782.pdf

MR. MASON: I know you're trying to be nice and I appreciate that but we don't have any obligation to put on any evidence at all and you just told the jurors that you expect us to be putting on evidence. And we may or may not. And we don't have to. We would request some kind of curative thing, just a reminder, something to tell them that the defense has no obligation to put on anything. Mr. Ashton agrees with me.

THE COURT: Then y'all lied to me.

MR. MASON: No.

THE COURT: Yes, the hell you did. Because y'all have sat up here and told me that you were going to do that.

MR. MASON: The point is, we don't have any burden.

THE COURT: And then if you don't do that, then I will fall on the sword and do it. But you have it up here and repeatedly told me, time and time again --

MR. MASON: Judge, we intend to put on --

THE COURT: Well, then if we get to that point where you do not do that, Mr. Mason, then I will fall on the sword and --

MR. MASON: I can tell you that we are going to do it. I'm just simply saying, for the record, I would like for you to tell the jury --

THE COURT: I'm not.

MR. MASON: -- the defense does not have an obligation --

THE COURT: I'm not. I am not at this point.

MR. MASON: Okay.

THE COURT: Because all you had to do was say it and you have repeatedly told me -- not you, but your colleague, that you were going to put on evidence.

MR. MASON: And I'm reaffirming that. We are going to put on evidence. I'm telling you, unequivocally, we are. Just as a matter -- showing a record as if we have an obligation to put on a defense. That's all I'm asking you to do, is an instruction that we do not have to put on a defense. That's all I'm saying.

THE COURT: If you don't put on any evidence, then I will do that.

MR. MASON: Okay. Well, we are, so don't worry about it. We are, very clearly.

THE COURT: I will take it that I cannot trust one thing that your side says anymore. Thank you.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm

OMG, I love it. I just wish the jury knew about this.

JP has finally let the defense know he has no respect for their entire team, including their defendant.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

OMG is Mason serious? Or is he just trying to yank the court around like Baez has been doing since 3 years ago?

Thanks for posting that J4! I LOVE IT!

Today JP had to do Baez's job for him AGAIN, several times within a minute! Baez looked like he was going to cry...and he should cry! But instead, later on he reclaims his sense of dignity in his own eyes by jumping in while the prosecution is talking and telling them what to say...just like JP did him....and this is not the first time Baez has tried to 'get even' like that when he has been called out. What a jerk.

I am very excited for Thursday to get here. I'm running all my errands tomorrow and kickin' bad with some popcorn. Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down